Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan (KEEP)
on: April 23, 2005 02:25
Earendel had noticed members of the group moving off but it wasnt like the killer would go anywere. Plus she was still trying to get close enough to her saddle bags to be able to get her clothes and change. Hyldo's nervousness was not going to end until she saw her mistress without orc blood.

About this time Faeger's girl showed up. She almost shreiked. Earnedel saw in coming and put a hand over the girls mouth. Then she spoke" If you scream Hyldo will run for hours and with her will go all my clean clothes then I will have no choise but to attempt to wash this out and I can tell from experience it doeant work well." Thr girl looked calmer so Earendel released her hold over the childs mouth and was about i speek to her again when she shreiked followed by yelling at the top of her lungs"mother I think Earendel is badly hurt".

Earendel let out a string of rohinic swear words any member of the rohirrim would have been proud of, as Hyldo bolted and was out of the village in seconds

Faeger came up to her well under a minute later. "Are you all right." Her look very concerned at the sight of the blood she paled. "You should have came to me immedatly"

Earendel sighed "mother Faeger this blood is not mine. I am not hurt. This blood belongs to an uraki. All I really need is to change my clothes and then head out to find Hyldo, who is no doubt by now convinced that I am as good as dead. Feager you wouldnt happen to have an extra set of legging and tunic on hand would you?"

To which her friend replied"Of course but they will cost you" Earendel sigh she did not have time for fooling around. "You will have to eat lunch with us before you leave."

Eerendel sighed"As long as we can make it quick Hyldo is not likely to stop running until she exhausts her self"

So they return to Feager's hut were Earendel changes and eats a quick lunch before seeking out her companions to let them know she needs to seach for her hourse, now.

purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 08:42
Brenna laughed bitterly. "Wrong change." She said, slowly. "I want to change into clean clothes." Then Brenna hesitated. "But... I would tell you anyway, if I really knew... It was something, he found something out that he wasn't suposed to."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 09:14
Ryn was silent as the elf removed the arrowhead from the killer's leg, and silent still as Fae asked why her brother had been killed. The young woman retreated into her thoughts trying to decide a course of action. She didn't know what to do...

Brenna laughed bitterly. "Wrong change." She said, slowly. "I want to change into clean clothes." Then Brenna hesitated. "But... I would tell you anyway, if I really knew... It was something, he found something out that he wasn't suposed to."

Ryn came out of her musings and eyed the woman. The decision
"Change your clothes then, but someone will follow to make sure you don't try to run."
Then she realized that Glorfindle had left the group, slipping away so quietly that she hadn't noticed. Where had he gone? She turned and looked for him, but she saw his lithe form no where. The girl wanted to look for him, but right then she had no energy for it. Sighing and hugging herself, she looked back at the killer. At the moment she only had the inner strength to face one truth.
"Who sent you kill Reothed?"

(OOC: extreme lack of inspiration. )
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 04:21

Fae felt a great wave of dispair. Perhaps this girl would never change the way she wished she would, a killer to the end. Fae just nodded. "I appreciate your help...but it doesn't really get me anywhere.
The red head simply turned around. "No one has to follow her. Besides, what's the point? She only killed him because she was payed."

A dark cloaked figure walked purpously past a pile of long dead orcs. He knelt down and brushed a hand over a print. "Bare foot." He mumbled in a deap voice, that was cold and held such an evil that the very earth seemed to draw back.
He stood up. On his back, a giant sword was strapped. He wore black boots with steel toes. His hair a slate grey and his eyes were shallow and very nearly white. They were alert and shrewd, calculating every tiny detail about him.

"Where have you gone my dear? I heard they only payed you half and that more gold awaits, strange you did not come back."

His dark voice carried on the wind and echoed accross the vast plain.

"Don't worry I'll find you."

The man mounted a black stallion and pounded off through the night, leaving only a cloud of dust behind.

"And so the hunter becomes the hunted..."

[Edited on 24/4/2005 by _mook_]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2005 06:18
Earendel had cleaned up, eaten and changed. Now she went in search of her freinds.

She found them still by the killer. She spoke" I must leave you for a day or 2. I must find Hyldo she bolted after seeing covered in orc blood. I cant leave her to wander around by her self. She was never wild so I have much concern for her safety. I will return here and get news from Faeger as to where you are going. Plus I know a little about tracking so I should be able to catch up with you. Farewell for now."

With that she tunred and walked away up the hilss in the diectin she had seen Hyldo leave town.

((ooc- not planning on a permanent leaving, but life is likely to get totally nut for a few days so if I cant post there an explaination))
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 12:06
Brenna shifted uncomfortably. "I can't tell you names, because I don't know them. And I'm only going to tell you what I know because they betrayed my trust first - I would never knowingly work for someone who works with orcs." She spat out the word. "I don't really have much of a memory for faces, more of impressions, but he was big. He was both a good way taller than me, and... impressive?" Brenna wondered briefly if that was the right word. "He commanded attention, anyway. And he was black and white - dark but pale." Then Brenna shrugged. "I can't tell you any more then that."

The young woman looked around for somewhere that she could go to change privetly. There wasn't anywhere that she could see, but she knew that a small stream ran by the edge of the village. "I'm going to go down to the Len to wash." She told her captors, grateful that they were trusting her at least this much, and not wanting to break the trust, wanting to use it to her own advantage. Brenna limped away, swinging her bag off her back as she did so, and starting to rumage through it. By the time she had reached the stream she had pulled out the clothes that she had been wearing before: a brown tunic, breeches to match and a heavy green surcoat. Slipping out of the ruined dress, Brenna watched her face, arms and legs in the clean water, before pulling her clothes back on. Finally, returning to her pack, she took out a pair of light leather ankle boots. It had been nice to walk in bare feet for a while, but the battle as such was not an experiance she wished to relive.

Brenna limped back to where she had left the red-head and her friend. She still didn't know names, and wasn't really sure whether she needed to or not. They didn't know hers, she was sure, but that was an advantage.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 07:10
The skys were growing dark, thick oppresive clouds rolled in from the East, blocking out the Sun and creating an unnatual twilight on Middle-earth. Glorfindel trudged onwards, his feet dragging, his head held low. The gloom seemed to press in all around him, sealing him within his own dark thoughts. Shadows of flight and fancy twirled and leapt around in that gloom, until he was almost dazed by their movements. Lechend had refused to ride any further, and the only way for Glorfindel to make him move was for him to get off and to lead him.

"I did make the right decision, I can't be trusted, no, I did what I promised that was it. I helped her get to the Killer, I helped her get vengence. It's not my place to do anything more."

These words were not directed to any listoners or even to Lechend, these were the ramblings of a guilty Elf, trying futilely to convince himself that he had taken the correct course of action.

Suddenley he looked up, he was at the crossroads. The junction. This was almost too ironic, but then again it seemed almost appropriate. But why? Why? He'd asked that word too much in his life, and too often he'd been left to answer it for himself.

Why did his father have to die? Why did they kill his mother? Why had he simpley not carried onto Anfalas, as he had planned? Why did he love her so much?

Well, that was irrelevent now, like all the other questions of his life it would remain unanswered. Forcing himself to raise his head Glorfindel looked at the crude signpost, carven on a small boulder that lay by the way. The Rohriric runes on it were almost indistinguishable, due to punishment from the weather, however he knew what it said.

You've left her behind, now choose your way. It dosn't matter where you'll always be alone. You have to be alone.

The thunder crashed overhead, the birds and another animals dived for cover from the approaching tempest, but Glorfindel of Lindon remained standing at the Crossroads, as still as one wrought out of stone.

(ooc- hey guys this might be a good point for some to come after me! I don't intend on standing there forever! lol)
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 08:08
Rynwyn stood silently as the killer went to change clothes and bathe, lost in the confines of her mind. In one way she thought darkly of the woman's words- she had not known who hired her to murder Reothed. However, she was the only one who could help them find him. So they could not kill her or lock her away. And Ryn didn't have the heart for either of those actions. Earendel had gone to hunt her horse- and Ryn's own horse was nowhere to be seen.
On the other half of her thoughts was the elf.
The young woman had half-expected Glorfindle to come back, having gone to scout the area or make sure the guard was set again. But he had not come back, and a storm was brewing. Finally, she turned with a sigh to her companions.
"I urge you to get to shelter from the coming storm, and to take this one with you." she gestured to the killer. "Make sure you are all well-fed and rested, but don't let her out of your sight. My heart is troubled- I must go find Glorfindle."
Turning away, she hurried from the group and looked this way and that as the wind picked up and tore at her cloak. No sign did she see of the elf, but luck was on her side, it seemed. She spotted Lightfoot standing with three other horses, nose buried in a trough. Running over, she stroked the mares neck and mounted, turning the horse and going for the village gates. On the way she stopped and leaned over to speak to one of the newly installed guards.
"Did an elf pass this way?" she asked. The wind threatened to tear her light hair loose from its bun, and she tightened her grip on the reins.
"Yes, not long ago." the man pointed in the direction, "he looked mighty down-trodden. You don't intend to ride after him with this storm brewing, do ye, little miss?"
"I do. I must!"
With that she spurred the horse on and followed the path, going up the hill. Thunder boomed and lighting split the sky, frightening Lightfoot and causing her to halt. Ryn leaned forward and comforted her, pushing the scared mare to the top of the hill. When she reached it she looked down and saw a figure moving slowly away, leading a horse. The girl was not blessed with the vision of elves, but she knew it had to be the one she sought.
"Glorfindle!" she shouted, but her voice was carried away on the roaring winds. Thunder crashed again, and this time the horse reared, pawing the air and whinnying in fright. Rain began to fall, cold and sharp. Rynwyn was not stupid; she knew the top of a hill was no place to be during a storm. Dismounting, she tried to lead Lightfoot down, but the horse heeded no word.

(OOC: hope this works for everyone!)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 05:10
Earemdel was walking quickly down the road it turned and there was a cross road up a head. She saw some one she realized in monent was Glofindel. She approached then yelled to make herself heard over the wind."Glofindel did Hyldo pass this way. She bolted out of the village just after you backed away from the group."

She was aware that he looked grimer than usual. "Hopefull this strom will slow her down a little. You do know it would be more confortable for both of you back in the village. I can tell from expereince this strorm is going to get a lot worse be for it gets better"

((ooc- it doesnt matter witch way he answers. She obviously is not here- will try to respond if needed))
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 12:15
"Hopefull this strom will slow her down a little. You do know it would be more confortable for both of you back in the village. I can tell from expereince this strorm is going to get a lot worse be for it gets better"

"I'm not going back, my task here is done and I have pressing buisness elsewhere. But yes Earendel I did see your horse pass by this way. She made for the shelter of that copse yonder." And he pointed to a small clump of trees about half a mile away to the north.

Thanking him and wishing him good luck, Earendel set off in search off her horse. Watching until his friend entered under the eaves of the wood, Glorfindel turned and made to mount Lechend.

"Glorfindle!"

A faint cry reached his ears, almost drowned out by the roaring wind. As he turned towards the sound he adjusted his hood to shield out the blinding curtains of rain.

"Rynwyn? Go back! This is not safe. Go back back to the village it is not safe here.!"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 01:28
"Rynwyn? Go back! This is not safe. Go back back to the village it is not safe here.!"

"No!" she shouted in return as cold rain slapped her in the face.
Ryn pulled again on the reins, trying to convince Lightfoot to follow. She had no time for this- Glorfindle seemed dead set on leaving, and she had to catch up with him! Lightning suddenly crashed again, striking somewhere in the trees to their left. The mare screamed in fright and reared once more, shaking her head and flaring her nostrils like a wild creature.
Ryn let out a string of curses, trying to catch the reins and avoid flying hooves. All at once a terrible pain exploded in her, ripping from her shoulder to the rest of her body in an instant. The young woman fell back, stumbling and crashing to the ground in a wave of dizziness. Darkness took her for a moment, but cold rain forced her back to conciousness and pain. She gripped the shoulder tightly as she struggled to sit up, mindless of the tears streaking her face along with bitter rain. Lightfoot took off down the hill, kicking up mud behind her and ignorant of the fact that she had hurt her master.

(OOC: she had to get hurt sooner or later, didn't she? )
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 05:55

Fae sat disconcolately at a table in an abbandoned hut. She saw the killer pass by and pocked her head out the door. "Hey! Uh, would you like to come inside? I found some food. Um, if it means anything. I'm not set on killing you any more." Fae smilled bitterly.

"My name's Fae."
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 12:14
"No!"

"Ryn!" Glorfindel let go of Lechend's reins, and slide down the side of the embankment to where the young woman lay in the mud. She'd injured her shoulder, and her steed had bolted in fright.

"By the Valar, this is all my fault. Hold on Ryn, I'll get you back to the village."

She'd catch her death of cold, if she stayed out in this weather, Glorfindel bandaged her wounds as best as he could. Then calling Lechend to him, Glorfindel picked her gently up and set her in front of him. Then mounting his horse, he rode like thunder back to the village.

Once he had reached the village he dismounted and carrying the injured girl in his arms, Glorfindel kicked open the door of the shelter where his friends were.

"Earendel, Fae, help! Ryn injured!"

(ooc - I know the plots a little holey but I just want to move things forward asap.)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 04:55

Fae spun around and her heart dropped to her feet. "Oh no. Come inside, there's a small room, with a cot."

Fae lead them inside, all the while with a worried look. "What in valor happened?"

Glorfindel layed the unconcious girl on the cot and Fae looked at both. "All things considered, I'll probably just get in the way." With that, the red head hurried out of the room, after uttering a short prayer.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 10:48
Brenna followed Fae inside, glad of the shelter. "'M Skyla." She lied, fluently. "And thanks." They were interupted by the elf returning, one of the other girls in his arms. At first Brenna watched intrestedly, but then she decided that she'd be better off leaving them to it. She had no medical skills beyond antidotes, and anyway, the elf seemed quite capable. She stalked out of the room, followed closely by Fae.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 11:12
Rynwyn was immedietly aware of Glorfindle lifting her out of the mud.
"By the Valar, this is all my fault. Hold on Ryn, I'll get you back to the village."

Every motion that the horse made jarred her, but she said nothing. Lightfoot had probably caught her in the shoulder with a hoof and she didn't know the extent of the damage; all she knew was that it hurt more than anything she'd ever experienced. Darkness overcame her again, and when she woke she was under a roof, on a cot. Glorfindle stood over her. Ryn clamped her eyes shut and gritted her teeth as he examined her shoulder, silently cursing herself for getting in harms way in the first place. She felt foolish and miserable, but refused to succumb to sleep again. The elf had healed Fae's horse- could he not do the same for her now? She would have asked, but she was afraid if she parted her lips a scream would emerge.

(OOC: overly dramatic, perhaps. sorreh! )
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 12:30
"Ok, lie still."

Glorfindel bent over the young Rohirrim woman, placing his hand over her injury. The way his gift worked was that he put some of his life force into her, using the energy to speed up the healing process. But the greater the injury, the more life force he had to give up. This would weaken him servely, but she was worth the risk.

Focusing hard Glorfindel pouring h's remaining reserves into Ryn, he felt her life energy rise and return to normal, her breathing steadied. As he released his grip, he fell back and lay uncoucious on the floor.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 12:37

Fae sat wearily on a rickity chair at the solid wood table. "Hmm." She looked out the window to see rain pouring steadily, along with large hailstones.

"What discusting weather." She said to Skyla. If that was her real name. Fae shrugged it off, she didn't really care, but the name didn't seem to fit her. Fae looked over her shoulder at the girl. She had a sort of unditerminable age about her that was beyond her years. But Fae could see malice behind her eyes and the red head looked away blankly. She didn't know what to beleive any more.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 04:44
Earendel went straight in to the wooded grove. She stayed on the path taking as few turns as possible. She thought the thunder was getting closer. Then she realised it wasnt thunder but a running horse. She really didnt have time to move. She hope the animal would not run her over. She was shocked to recognize the animal fronthe night before. It belonged to one of her compainions. She was pleased that while still nervious the animal had decided not to run her over.

Earendel began talking to the animal it did not take more tehn a few minutes and the horse was calmed down. It was her gift always had been. After some neck rubbing her which she got nuzzled the two of them continuted on down the path.

In another 15 minutes they found Hyldo. The mare was still nervous. This time the animal came forward easily and after a sniff started nuzzling Earendel.

They were still in the grove of trees, but Earendel knew without a doubt that out side of the trees it was worse then before. Three of them (2 horse and Earendel ) walked back toward the edge of the trees. When they got there they kept going. They were all soaked anyway so it made little difference plus Earendel knew without question that she would like to get dry this evening and that would only happen at the village. About half way back the halls started It grow steadily larger and was punding on all of them without mercy.

The remaineder of the walk tothe village was slow and painfull. Earendel walked the horses into the stabble and grabbed blankets to dry them off a bit. After theat was done she left them in stalls knowing that the locals respected horses and would not harm them.

Teh Earendel went back into the rain and hail to find everyone. It did not take long. But by time she ofund them she was soaked and shivering with cold. When she walked in she asked "did Glofindel and Ryn make it back here?'

The response was"in there."

Earendel went into see if ther was anything she could do and to let Ryn know her horse was safe and sound. Earendel wah shocked to find Glofindel on the floor uncoucious. She went over to him and began trying to wake him up. She was shakeing him. She also had cold water dripping off of her head and clothes and at least some of it was falling on him.

She spoke firmly"You have to have some elf stubbornness in you to have been around as long as you have been." The as an almost threat "if you dont wake up an your own I will bring mother Faegar in here, her wake up herbs almost wake the dead." The truth of the matter was they usually stunk so bad that everybody would leave the room but the did a good job at waking people up.

(( you can deside if this will wake you up or not))

dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 01:33
Rynwyn slowly sat up as Earendel entered the room, blinking sleepily, wondering what had happened. Something had, because the pain in her shoulder was greatly lessened. All of it had seemed dream-like, just blurry half-forgotten images.
Then she noticed Glorfindle on the floor, and the she-elf trying to wake him. A pang of worry stabbed at her heart and she moved off of the cot, standing a bit unsteadily and hoping that he was alright. She did not understand his way of healing, and didn't know for sure why he lay on the floor.
It is not because of me, is it? She thought, gently massaging her shoulder.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 02:38
Glorfindel lay on the floor, not moving. Earendel's calls could not wake him, he just lay there, not seeing, not hearing. His eyes were closed, the colour had drained from his face. To intents and appearences he seemed dead. Only the faint sound of laboured, faint breathing and the barely discernable rising and falling of his chest showed that he was, just, a live.

But outside the weather worsened, the rain came down in droves, the wind whipped the grass this way and not, lightning and thunder rolled over head. And a black cloaked horseman rode into town, halting his mighty steed outside of a low structure.

Dismounting he advanced towards the door, and as he moved a flash of lightning highlighted the cold glint of drawn steel. There was deathly silence for a minute, then he raised his gaurletted hand, and knocked heavily on the door. From within he heard the sounds of harsh whispers and the sound of movement. Then a woman's voice called out, "Who is it?"

The figure smiled beneath his helm, that was her alright. Another flash of lightning illuminated the scene, the man poised, his sword raised over his head. Then he brought it down. It impacted onto the door. It buckled, and again he struc. This time the sound of rending timbers. One final blow, and the door caved inwards.

Striding into the room, he was confronted by the sight of a group of females, glad in Gondorian and Rohirrim gear.

"Good evening Ladies, I'm looking for Skyla."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 09:05
Brenna smiled. "I'm sure it could be worse." She said, pulling a comb out of her pack, and starting to pull it through her hair.

She jumped at a knock at the door. "Who is it?" She called, almost automatically. As the blade struck the door she leapt up, hands going to empty sheathes, and then eyes flicking to Fae, hoping that there was some weapons somewhere, as she hadn't dared to try and retrieve her own. When the man stepped through the ruins of the door she swore violently as she stepped back.

"Good evening Ladies, I'm looking for Skyla."

Skyla stepped forward again. "Why?" She said, knowing he'd recognise her.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 09:26
Ryn looked up as she heard the commotion from the other room. Reluctant to leave Glorfindle on the floor, she went to the door and peeked out. A man stood in their small shelter, amid the ruins of a splintered door. He held a wicked looking sword and was facing the killer, and he called her Skyla. It looked to Ryn as if ther would be a fight, but were any of them able to weild a sword? Skyla's leg was still injured, and Ryn knew she couldn't fight anyone with her shoulder the way it was. Stepping slowly into the room and trying not to draw attention, she slid her brother's sword from its sheath and held it in the good hand, waiting for a chance to pass it off to the killer. If this was the man who had wanted Reothed dead, she wanted him to be beaten.

(OOC thats who he is, right?)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 11:44
(I see we like my bad guy hehe :evil: )

Fae looked warily at the new figure. She had drawn her sword the instant the door crashed through, and all signes of fatigue had vanished.

"And what do you have to do with Skyla?"

The man remained silent.

"I asked you a question."

He simply stared at Skyla.

"Excuse me." Fae sounded rather iritated and her voice took on a dangerous timbre.

"I don't answer stupid questions girl. I'll leave with the assasin and be on my way...oh, and don't try anything rash." He added with a sneer.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:11
As Earendel listened to the commotion inthe next room she know she had two options. She desided with his male's attitude that the swiftest and and most accurate would be best.

Earendel had her arrow ready before she stepped into the room and it straight threw the males shoulder before he knew she was there. Earendel had chosen the shoulder above his sword on purpose.

Even as the first arrow was embeded in his shoulder the next was ready to fly. She spoke firmly"I will do as I please. The next arrow will be in either your neck or your heart." There was no doubt or uncertainity the aim ws unwavering. "Now if you dont wish to get that other arrow. I suggest you turn around and leave. We will deal with the assisin in our own time and way. It is none of your business. LEAVE, if you know what good for you."

((ooc- writters block:cry:I should have been able to do much better with this))
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 01:40

The man ripped the arrow out of his shoulder with a grunt. "Mark my words elf." He spat. "My face shall be the last thing you see on this earth." He turned an strode out the door, his black cloak wipping dangerously behind him.

The room was strangely silent after his departure. Fae looked at Skyla. "What was all that about?" She asked. But without giving her time to reply, she rethought the question. "You probably don't know. Ok, I'm not hanging around here, in the morning if the weather's cleared up, I'm going home. Ryn, if you want to come, I have a hunch that the heart of the problem is there." She turned and went into an adjoining room, where she unbuckled her sword and flopped down on the bed.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 02:08
Ryn's heart was pounding after the affair, and after the dark man strode out of the house she felt a shiver course through her. What sort of mess had Reothed gotten into? She didn't know, and it worried her to think of it. Her entire life had been spent tending horses and doing chores- she had never dreamed of something like this happening....
You probably don't know. Ok, I'm not hanging around here, in the morning if the weather's cleared up, I'm going home. Ryn, if you want to come, I have a hunch that the heart of the problem is there
Ryn agreed- if anything was left to find out, they would probably find out at home. As if on a sudden thought, she remembered Glorfindle. She didn't suspect Skyla would leave, but she gave Earendel a pleading look to ask if she would watch the killer, then she went back into the room. Sitting on the floor next to the elf, she gently shook him, hoping with all her heart he would wake up. She didn't know who the dark man was or what his intentions were, but she was afraid.
Glorfindle didn't respond and she shook harder.
"Please open your eyes...." she sighed, not very hopeful. It seemed fitting to move him to the cot, but she had no way of doing it. Instead, she pulled the blanket off and rolled into a make-shift pillow, placing it under his head. Then she went to the cot and sat, back to the wall and mind buried in dark thoughts.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 02:46
The room was quiet and dark, nothing moved, there was no sound except the faint creak of the ruined door on it's broken hinges. The fire in the grate had died down to almost nothing. In a chair near the door Earendel sat, dosing gently after the manner of the Elves. Skyla lay in a cornor, well within the Elf's line of sight, she too had fallen into an uneasy dose.

And in the quiet of the back room, Ryn lay on the cot, lost in uneasy dreams. In her sleep she quietly called out Reothed. And on the floor below, Glorfindel stirred.

Sitting up he massaged his forehead, and looked around, and his gaze fell on the sleeping Ryn. Smiling to himself he got top his feet, and pulled the covers back over her. Then turning he made his way into the central room. Taking a seat nearest the fire, he poked it back into life, and positioning the chair so that he sat with his back to the back rooms, where Ryn, Fae and Arien slept. Reaching to his belt he took a flasK and drank a long swig out of it. That was better, but he still felt weak.
Then taking his sword in his hand, he set upon watching.

Not until the cold grey light of dawn did he move, when the crowing of the cock awoke his companians, and their prisoner.

(ooc - just to move things along a little bit.)
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 06:49
Brenna woke, but lay still for a while, eyes still shut, thinking about all that had happened. She still felt slightly guilty - perhaps more so, and a little scared after her employer had turned up.

Eventually she rose, running her hand through her hair, and yawning. She wondered briefly whether there was any point taking her weapons and running, but all thoughts of that vanished as she walked into the central room, where the elf sat awake by the fire. Brenna paused, but then continued to walk to the window. Looking out she saw the weather had cleared up a little, but then she stayed there, waiting for someone to talk to her.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 11:53
Earendels eyes came open at the first sound of dawn. She was shocked that Glofindel was in the room and the fire not a low as it should have been. The killer walked across the room saying nothing.

Earendel spoke "Glofindel I am glad to see you awake, but a little shocked that you managed to enter the room without waking, that hasnt happened in years."

Then she looked at the killer"I see your freind didnt come back last night. Or was he just trying to make sure he didnt have to pay you the rest of your fee." Her tone was sarcastic and bitting.

Her gaze returned to Glorfindel who she knew was in the dark about many things now and updated him about the door and the large man who hired the killer.

Earendel glanced at the killer "Have I left anything out?"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 30, 2005 05:08
Rynwyn awoke at soft voices in the main room. Sitting up, she realized someone had covered her, and Glorfindle was nowhere to be seen. A small smile of relief played on her lips.
So he has awoken...
The young woman had many things to say to him. She wanted to thank him for bringing her back during the storm and for healing her shoulder (which still held a dull throb) but also for sticking with them thus far. Sighing, she rose and wrapped the blanket around her shoulders, going into the room. It seemed too early to mention all that had happend the previous day.. the battle, the storm, the dark man... such things could wait, as far as she was conerned. Sitting on the floor by the fire, she offered a soft 'Good Morning' to everyone, even Skyla.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 12:28
Brenna ignored Earendel's sarcastic comment, and listened with half an ear to her explination of what happened before, intrested to hear it from someone elses view point.

"Have I left anything out?"

Brenna shrugged. "Don't think so." She replied, without turning round.

Rynwyn came in, and Brenna returned her greeting, before, finally, moving. She came a little closer to the fire, where people seemed to be gathering.

"What happens now?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 01:29
Earendel frowned in thought. Then she spoke"with me now being a marked target for the one who hired the girl. It might be a wise idea if we split up. I have been a marked target before more than once in my life but im not sure if these young girls are up to traveling with someone with a bullseye on them. They could be caught in the middle. Its a risk not every one is wiling to take. So I will not travel with the group unless everyone agrees. Well, exept the prisioner her voice doesnt count because my understanding is that he was looking for her alone to begin with."

At which Earendel got up and walked to the door looking and listening closely to make sure no one was near the door. Then she spoke" I am heading for the stable there are 2 horses for me to check on. Let me know waht you deside."

At that she walked to the stable.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2005 01:35
Fae walked through a nearby door way, already in her armor. "I'm going home. Ryn's concented to come. Anyone else can as well." Fae sat down in a rickety chair and sighed.

"Skyla," Fae paused. "If that is your name...I have a feeling that the problem comes from back home. Where were you hired? I need to confirm or banish my hunch."

Fae pulled out a dagger and absently drew the image of a face on the wooden table before her. The people that lived there were obviously dead, or gone. The picture had a startling likeness to Ryn and Fae sheathed her knife as she shook her head. "Sorry, dosed off. Where were we? Oh! Right, where did you get this...buisness proposition." Fae added the last words with a bitter smile.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 02, 2005 05:06
Brenna turned round to face Fae, thinking. "Actually, I was hired in your village." She said, slowly. "That is, I asume you live in the same village that... he did." Brenna didn't want to say Reothed's name.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email