<< First23456Last >>
Author Topic:
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan (KEEP)
on: April 07, 2005 11:27
"Hold tight," he whispered,"And don't look back."

The move onto the ledge was a blur of motion for Rynwyn- one moment she was standing next to the elf awaiting an onslaught, and the next she was off the ground completely.
Glorifindle hung below, clutching onto the beam as the Uruks approached. His face held a look of desparation like she had never seen there, and it frightened her. The young woman lay on her stomach, watching as the wicked looking creatures laughed at the elf's position before pulling out their bows.
"Glorifindle!" Ryn shouted and stretched out her hand to him, reaching as far as she could. Her fingers only brushed his- he would have to move toward her, because she could reach no further. "Quick! Take my hand! Hurry!"
In the back of her mind the girl knew she probably was not physically strong enough to lift him, but she had to try!
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 01:01
Fae spun around on her stalion, and saw Glorfindel dangling from a long beam. Ryn was above him, and seven uruks raised towards them. Fae didn't stop to think, she grabbed a lance from a running wild man and yelled "Thanks!"
Then she rode forward, knocking orcs to the ground. She yelled at the top of her lungs, and threw the lance with all her strength. It drove right through the neck of an uruk, she smiled.

"Six." 3 sped towards her, in a fit of rage, the others were trying desperately to knock the elf to the ground. The large uruks came closer, but one eyed Jared nervously. "You don't like my horse?" She drove the war horse forward, and he reared to kick the uruk backwards. The creature fell to the ground unconcious.

"Five!" The other two were infuriated. One swung it's massive club and smashed Fae's sheild to splinters. "You'll pay for that orc scum!" Fae's arm bled from the impact, but her sword arm was just fine. She lifted the gleaming weapon and brought it down at an angular arch. It cut through the gap where the nack had no protection, and killed the uruk instantly.

"Ha! Four!" But the last came forward, and hit Jared's front leg with it's club. The horse toppled sideways, taking Fae with it. On the way down however, Fae manajed to jump off. Rolling on the bloodsoaked earth.

"Jared!" The uruk just laughed. But had it payed attention, it would have seen Fae lunging forward. The red head rolled and took the creature down, it's heavy mass helping. Fae plunged her sword into it's chest, the leather armour yeilding to the shear force of the weapon. She drew it out and went to her horse, who's eyes were rolling as it tried to stand. Fae helped it up, but it's leg was obviously broken. She led it through a broken door, and into a small hut. "Stay here, I'll come back old boy, don't you worry." With that, she plunged back into the fray, horseless, but with new found strength.

[Edited on 7/4/2005 by _mook_]
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 09:35
((I AM SOO SORRY! I've been EXTREMELY busy with school and ranchwork at home so I haven't been able to post! I'm back though!))

Arien crashed into a wall of uruks around her, taking them down one by one with each stroke of her longsword. Her metal armor clanked as she kicked down one of the creatures and ran it through.

She whistled for Kira but couldn't see the mare anywhere. Just then, she heard the thumping of galloping hooves coming from behind her...the knightess turned to see the chestnut warhorse coming toward her at full speed, charging through the horrible crowd of creatures as she went.

"KIRA!!!" shouted Arien, waving down the mare as Kira slowed, reaching her mistress. A uruk charged at Kira and Arien, attempting to bring them both down, but Kira bucked and kicked the creature back, giving Arien the time to mount.

Arien drew her Gondorian longbow and started shooting down uruks as she rode Kira through the crowd, trampling uruks. Her green eyes scanned the battlefield for her friends worriedly, hoping they'd be all right...

"Please be okay..." she muttered as she fought on.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 09:14
"Glorifindle! Quick! Take my hand! Hurry!"

He could feel his grip slipping, he couldn't hold on much longer. Glorfindel knew that Ryn couldn't pulled him up, he was too heavy for her. He strained upwards, reaching towards her openned hand. Almost there...

Suddenly, an Uruk arrow flew past and struck him in the torso, the shaft sprung back, foiled by his elven mail, but his concerntration slipped, and he almost lost balance and fell. His left hand and beginning to slip, he couldn't hold on.

He turned at looked up into Rynwyn's eyes, her sheer determination was phenominal. He had to do this for her. This time he reached out as far as he could, his hand almost touching her's, then his grip on the beam slipped. He felt Ryn jerk above him, and cry out, she was falling. No, not today. Bracing his feet againist the wall, Glorfindel hauled himself up and onto the ledage, falling in Rynwyn embrace as he did.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 10:52
The breath was knocked out of Rynwyn's chest as she was thrown backwards, the elf falling with her. She sat for a moment holding him tightly, eyes wide and limbs trembling. She had thought he'd been peirced with the arrow, then he'd nearly fallen and taken her with him! That was much worse than the dunland blade at her throat...
"Are you alright?" she asked, pulling away and looking at his face. He gave a silent nod, and she could see he looked nearly as shocked as she felt.
Another arrow suddenly fell nearby, then two more sailed completely over them. Rynwyn hurridly grasped the owner-less sword that she'd somehow managed to keep a grip on, and hurled it angrily at the Uruk who'd tried to shoot Glorfindle. The weapon whacked the creature in the head but didn't wound it; the blow only succeeded in making it angrier. The Uruk let out a rage-filled snarl and went to reload its bow. Ryn dropped down next to the elf again, asking him without words what in the world they were supposed to do now.

(OOC: welcome back, Lady Elbereth! ^_^ )

[Edited on 9/4/2005 by dreamdancer]
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2005 04:32
Earendel was surpirsed that she was able to sto the third swing of the wild manbut it was weaker thenthe others. So she wasted no time in driving her sword up under his ribs and into its heart.She tried to push him back but found his wieght to be too much so he fell on her. Her sword kept his from landing on her with all of his wieght. She came out and found no enemy cloase at hand but not friends close at hand either. She quickly rolled the dead one over and retrived her sword.

She looked downthe alley and saw that three uruk's had Rynwyn and Glorfindel cornered on a high beam. At least one of them had a bow and was loading it. She was too far away to stop the shooter with her sword. She quickly pulled her bow from her back, noched an arrow, pulled back to the full limit of the bow. She let an arrow fly straight into the neck of the uruk with the bow. It fell dead its arrow flying toward one of his companions, missing it by maybe a foot, but startling it just the same.

Down to 2 now! Earandel put her bow back on her back and processed straight for the nearer uruk. She hoped the Flordindel or someone else would not let the two remaining uruks both attack her at once. One and one it would be a tough fight but two on one she would die...
And she knew they had no qualms about that type of manover to kill poeple.

Earendel clashed swords with the first one. He was not going to be an easy kill he was enraged by having his band killed off. This made him stronger then she had expected. The swords connecting caused Earendel to have to step back a couple of paces.

The uruks second swing had the same effect.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 07:28
"Yes, I'm fine, thanks to you."

Great, cornored on a ledge, by Uruk-hai. So this is how I'm going to die?

Looking around he saw Earendel charging straight towards the Uruks. She was outnumbered, even though she had taken two down.

"Ok Rynwyn, I'll be back. As soon as I shout, run, find the killer. I knocked out one of her legs, so she won't have gotten far. But, please, don't kill her. I know it's not my place to say, but you mustn't, for me."

And with that he jumped down from the ledge, landing on top of the two Uruks below him. One crumpled and did not rise again. The other whipped it's crude weapon around, but Glorfindel parried.

"Go! NOW!"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 03:57
"Go! NOW!"
Rynwyn dropped down and ran, picking up her own sword on the way and casting a look over her shoulder at the elf who was already caught up in another fight. Whirling around, she looked for the killer as she said a quick prayer for the elf's safety, as well as for her other friends. Suddenly she spotted the one she looked for- but she was down from more than just an arrow. A great orc lay on top of her, pinning her to the ground. Despite the anger Rynwyn had felt toward this woman earler, she now felt pity. Cursing, she ran over and dropped down next to her friend's murderer, surprised and angry that she should be concerned.
"Are you alright?" she asked. It was a stupid question-- the young woman was pinned down through the palm and side by orc armour, so of course she wasn't alright! Rynwyn tried pushing the orc off but to no avail- the creature was too large and heavy for her to move without doing further damage.
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 03:59
As Arien charged through the many enemies that crowded around, she tugged on Kira's reins as her sharp eye caught Earendel being attacked by two uruk-hai.

The knight turned her warhorse sharply and ran at full gallop towards the two uruks, launching herself off of her horse and landing hard on one of the vial creatures.

The Uruk, now below her, let out a snarl and threw Arien off of it, picking up it's scimitar and swinging it violently, running at it's opponent.

Arien got up and shook the copper hair from her green eyes and dove at her longsword which was now laying a few feet away from her. The Uruk swung it's blade around under Arien to trip her and she went down hard, grabbing her sword as she did, and got up ready for battle again.

"Earendel!!!!!!" she called out over the clanging of blades, continuing the battle with the Uruk-Hai, "Are you all right, my friend?!"

((ooc: Thankies, dreamdancer! ^_^ Good to BE back, of course!))
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 10, 2005 05:14
Earendel heard her feind but did not spare the time or energy to look but yelled "thanks for evening the battle".

As the uruk raised it blade for a third swing Earendel threw her dager into its exposed neck. The blood came pooring out but he did not die immediately the blade did not go in as far as the spine. Earendel knew as he bled out over the next minute or 2 he would get more enraged so she knew his strength would temporairily increase. The swing from his balde nearly broke her gaurd all the way. but she manged to stop the blade inches from herself. This made the uruk believe the fight was as good as over so he tried to lean into her to bite her. She took advatage of this and drove her dager deeper into its thoat straight threw the spine. It gasped as it collapsed in a heap dead. The blood was still poring out and he fell forward. Earendel tried her best to back up. She did not manage well as she should have becasue she did not wont to lose her sword plus she needed to make sure this things sword didnt do her any damage as it fell.

So now she is trapped under this thing that wieghts twice or more what she does. Its head landed just below her ribs. But the landing still forced all the breath out of her. She pulled her sword out from beside herself and looked around. The only enemy in the imediate area was the one the fighting with Arien.

Earendel tried repeatedly to roll the uruk so she could get out but she was not having any luck. She knew by now she was saturated in orc blood. But that was better then in her own blood.

((sorry about being short but battles do that to me))
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 11, 2005 07:51
Brenna started as she saw one of the girls from before leaning over her.

"Are you alright?" The young woman asked - younger then herself, Brenna noticed. The assassin was confused by this, but kept her feelings locked away.

"I'm fine." She said, dispite the evidence. "I'd be fine if I could only get this brute off me." She stuggled to help as the girl tried to push the Olog-Hai away, but even together they were unable to do much. "Well, looks like I'm stuck here for a bit longer." Brenna sighed, letting herself fall back. "Thanks for trying anyway." She paused for a second. "If you're still weaponless then take my knives. They're poisioned, but that might be more of a boon then a problem."
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2005 12:13
The uruk's blade narrrowly missed Glorfindel's face, he jerked back instinctively and brought his sword around in another sweep in to counter the blow from the second one. His arm was kiling him, it ached from the continuous fighting he had been involved in.

Spinning on the spot, Glorfindel swept his blade accross his first opponents chest, ripping it's chest plate off with the blow. Reversing the strike, he slammed the sword into the exposed chest area. The other orc swipped at the elf in a downward strike, but rolling out of the way, Glorfindel knocked the Uruk's feet out from under him. As the Orc fell, Glorfindel brought the blade to bear in his neck.

Rising to his feet, and looking around, he noticed another group advancing on him. Turning to face them, raising his sword, he cried out as he charged, "For the Light! Back to the Shadow!"

tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2005 02:52
((ooc- this post will be extemely short after all my char is rather pinned..still))

Earendel kept a sharp look out for wild men, orcs and Urak hai, thank fully the worst of the battle seem to have moverd on past them and the cratures seemed to be going straight through town rather than stopping to kill woman and children which was odd but she was thankfull.
She was also hopefull that when her new freinds finished the fight somone would come back and help roll this thing off of her.
With it wieghing so much more then her she know she would need help to get it off of her.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 01:15

Fae plunged through the crowd, killing in a barbaric frenzy. Only shortly after killing an orc, did she notice Earendel. The she-elf was trapped underneath a rather large uruk. "Earendel! Need some help friend or are you having fun doen there?" Fae could laugh at anything. The threw herself at the corpse, heavily rolling it off. The red haired woman held out a strong hand for the elf. "Can't get out of the fight that easy!" She said with a mocking grin.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 14, 2005 05:02
"If you're still weaponless then take my knives. They're poisioned, but that might be more of a boon then a problem."
Rynwyn took the knives and squatted with her back to the assassin, watching the fight around her with wide eyes. Men and orcs were falling left and right, blood was everywhere, crows were circling the sky in wait.... it was the most horrifying thing she'd ever seen. The girl had dreamed about using her brother's sword and protecting her people from evil, but the polished stories of heroic deeds told to her as a child had said nothing of the terror she would feel... they were all of victory, never of blood and fear.
An orc suddenly rushed them, screeching in its crude language! Crying out in fear, Rynwyn jumped to her feet and just dodged a blow, then pushed one of the poisoned knives as deep as she could in the orc's shoulder. It cried out and pulled away, grasping at its arm and obviously realizing what had happened. Cursing, it came for her again, but she ran around the bulking corpse with the girl trapped under it, stopping on the other side and watching the orc. When he moved one way she moved the other and then he would stop, trying to circle the opposite direction. It was cat-and-mouse, and Ryn only prayed he wouldn't think to throw his blade...

Finally he swooned and fell as the poison took effect. Ryn ran back and retrieved the knife, dropping down between the new corpse and the older one. She wanted so to blend in so as not to be noticed. She searched for her friends and caught glimpses of them- the Gondorian woman fighting, Earendel being pulled to her feet by Fae, Glorfindle felling enemy after enemy....
"The poison is not a problem," she said shakily to the assassin, as she move to lay on her belly so that the orc bodies hid her better. As she gazed at the woman, she thought I could kill her now, put her own bloody poison in her veins and kill her like she killed Reothed--- but she pushed the thought away. I don't shoot in the back and I won't kill her while she's down. No one deserves to die pinned under an orc, not even a murderer...

(OOC: well I think thats teh longest one in a while. hmmm. )

[Edited on 15/4/2005 by dreamdancer]
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 02:46
The Uruks were relentless, they were everywhere, every way Glorfindel turned all he could see were Orcs. Their stench was overpowering, their numbers overwheming. He could see his friends fighting valiently, but there were too many of their foes. Enough was enough, they had to rally together to drive them out of settlement.

Hacking down the last few of the Orc he had been fighting, Glorfindel turned to face the on coming horde, fifty at least. All that remains of their forces he thought. Smiling slyly, Glorfindel faced them, and raising his sword in the air he cried out, and as he did so the bright let of the rising sun smote his blade, and his voice rose as the roar of thunder.

Free Peoples of Middle-earth the time is now! Men and Elves of the West! Rally to me! Drive them into the abyss! The time is now! For honour and truth, death and glory! Rally to me!

And as he reached the final sentence, he voice roared like the north wind, and the cry arose:

THE TIME IS NOW!
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2005 12:54
"thanks Fae" Earendel then picked up her sword and dager. She took a couple of deep breaths" It good to be able to breath again"

Those words had barely left her mouth went they heard glofindel's shout.

At which Earendel smiled a grim smile"It time for us to rally the troups and drive this things out of town" She advanced toward Glorfindel. On the way she saw a couple of aquintances fron the village. With them being well armed but moving in the wrong direction. She quickly turned them around. Saying to one"Old timer, I thought you were a great warrior. No time like the present to prove that to me."

So when they arrived a Glonfindel's side ready to fight they were stronger by three then they had been before.

Earendel saw natives coming to the spot. Each armed with something. There were at least 15 locals that answered the call.

Once there Earendel spoke firmly"You gave the rallying call here we are. Now are we going to fight or what?"
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 09:13

Fae clsped her hand. "No problem, breathing is good." With that, the fiery redhead ran off to Glorindel's side. "The time is now!" Fae turned to the group. "You take the flanks, you charge them front on. You circle round and close them off." The group of mixmatched people swiftly followed her lead, and ran forth to meeet the oncoming horde. Two parts swereved to the enemy's flanks and slashed with their swords. A group charged them head on, while another took up the rear, stabbing and crushing. "For Rohan!"
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2005 09:16
"THE TIME IS NOW!"

Arien heard the cry of Glorfindel over the clanging of swords and crashing of shields. She wheeled Kira around to gallop towards her friend, sword raised as she slowed and stood on her warhorse beside her friend.

"Let us drive the foul stench from this peaceful land, mellon nin!" she said. She'd learned only a couple of words of Elvish in her young years in Gondor.

She had removed her helmet, as she usually did, so she could see better, coppery hair tied back in a messy ponytail, shorter wisps and locks hanging loosely. Kira raised her head high, nervously backing up a few steps.

"Easy, Kira my lass..." Arien said soothingly, "...you've faced this sort before...they're but mere orc scum."

Kira seemed to relax just slightly at her rider's words, pinning her ears back and now letting out a fierce-sounding neigh that rang through the air like a trumpet.

"That's the Kira I know..." Arien said, grinning slightly and gripping in one hand the reins of her horse and in the other her longsword, awaiting the command to run the orcs from the village.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 05:31
The line was formed, the warriors ready, the time was now. Glorfindel braced his weapon in his hands. Turning his head to either side, he saw his friends, and the warriors of Rohan. There was no fear in their eyes, but there a white fire burned.

Mounting Lechend, he turned his steed to face the on coming horde. Raising his sword into the air and then after a second he let it fall, and gave the order.

"CHARGE!"

The eriee silence of the tense air, was torn asunder as the warriors of the West leapt forward, as one, with a mighty shout. The Uruks responded by unleashing their own battle cry, and sprinting to meet the Men and Elves.

Galloping his steed flat out, Glorfindel braced himself as the two battle lines impacted into each other, with the crash of steel and the screams of the dead. As Lechend bore down an Orc in front of him, and Glorfindel swept his sword through the neck of another.

"FOR THE WEST!"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 10:32
Earendel ran toward the orcs wiht the villagers. She knew Hyldo has around but with her clothes saturated in orc blood she really didnt have time for the fight that would come. She Was glad of the two riders they were charging ahead cutting a wide swath of ocrs.

It did not take for then 5 minutes and few orcs still standing started to flee. At which point the villagers started to cheer and ran after them with great abandon till there were none left.

Earendel quickly began walking thorugh the village checking for wounded,missing and dead. With a volume of enemy it could have, should have been worse. There was not even one house burning, what was a true surprise and blessing.

((ooc sorry writers block today))
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 17, 2005 03:32
Ryn didn't move from her spot beside the assassin- because she was afraid to, and because she didn't want to leave the woman for any reason. Instead she squatted and watched as Glorfindle rallied those who fought with heart-stirring words. As he spoke she felt her soul set aflame, but she didn't follow. She was in thrall watching as the men responded, and those who had taken up with her from the beginning. They rushed into the attackers without holding back, shouts ringing out and splitting the tension in the air like lightning. It was a rolling sea of whirling blades and shields, spraying blood and waving banners. Rynwyn was held in thrall by the site- she held the girls' knives tightly in her fists, nearly breathless at the bravery her people exhibited. When at last the remaining enemies were fleeing, those warriors still standing chased them down. Ryn suddenly felt ashamed that she had not heeded the elf's battle call when need was dire. Still she let fear hold her back. Sighing, she stood and looked down at the assassin, still trapped under the heavy orc corpse. Then she searched the crowd for her friends, hoping to see them still alive. If any of them had died she would never forgive herself...

(OOC; great posting, yall! poor ryn's such a scaredy cat)
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2005 01:48
As Eardel walked through the battle feild she was retrieving arrows that she could use.

By the time she reached Ryn she had a total of seven arrows agian. She saw the young girl was looking at her with concern in here eyes. She spoke "are you all right Earendel. How can you still be walking...All that blood"

Earendel could not help hrself she burst out laughing. after she wa able to get her control back she spoke "This blood is not mine it belongs to an uraki who just had to fall on top of me as he was dyeing. Which took me out of a bit of the fight. Are you OK little one."

It was at the moment that Earendel noticed the killer trap under another uraki. More people trapped by those discusting creatures. UUGG!

After Ryn respondes Earendel asks if they should try and move the beast.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2005 02:44
The Orcs were in full retreat, the few Uruks that had chosen to stand and fight were easily cut down by the warriors of the West. Glorfindel was unhurt, save for a deep cut on his forhead, where he'd narrowly avoided an swing from a frantic orc swordsman.

Surveying the scene, the elf was pleased with the results of battle, only minor wounds on their side, whereas thirteen orcs had been slain, and another fifteen have been injured. The village was safe. Out of the cornor of his eye, Glorfindel spied Ryn and Earendel, and an intense feeling of relief spead through him at the site of her, them, both alive.

"Snap out of it," he muttered, "She's just lost her friend, I can't, not now."

Dismounting from Lechend, he led the horse over to them.

"Ryn, Earendel are you two alrigh......" he stopped abruptly as he spied the third figure, trapped by a huge Olog-hai troll corpse, was the killer.

For a moment Glorfindel said nothing, but he simply stared at the scene. For he knew in his heart that the time of judgement had arrived for this woman. Whoever she was, she was at Rynwyn's mercy.

Turning to look at Ryn, Glorfindel looked her right in the eye.

"What is your decision?"
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 11:02
Ryn sighed and looked down at the killer, who seemed none-too-happy with the situation. Honestly, now that it had come to it, she didn't know what to do. She was weary and shaken, and in no mood to make such a decision. She nodded at Earendel.
"First let us push off the thing that holds her down. I will not take my revenge while she is pinned to the ground by a beast she killed. I may not be a brave sword-maiden, but I am not dishonourable. Before I take any action, I have questions to ask. Here, help me get this thing off."
Bracing herself to push at the creature, she waited for them to help.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 11:21
"Your making the right decision, and I'm proud of you for taking such a mature approach to it."

At that Glorfindel bent down next to Rynwyn and, straining, helped her to lift, the body of the Olog-hai of the killer.

"Things have a way of coming back to you."
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 04:52
As soon as the three of them get the killer free. Earendel speeks." I need to get close enough to Hyldo to get my saddle bags. I am sure that will be fun. She hates orc blood. But my clean clothes are in my saddle bags. So off I go."

She walked a ways away and whistled. In a minute she saw Hyldo working her way through the bodies and the blood to toward her.

When the animal was about 20 feet wat she stopped and neighed. Earendel spoke softly "come on girl. I'm alright but i need my clothes, come on"

Hyldo came a couple more steps then stopped again.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2005 05:37

Fae had chased the fleeing orcs, and savagely cut them down. With a bloody hand, she swatted a strand of red hair out of her face.

As she walked back, she tried her best not to look down at the corpses, she hated to look at the dead. Fae passed the house where Jared was waiting, but abbruptly stopped and ran back. "Sorry old boy, all these houses look the same." Jared was leaning against the wall, with a slightly annoyed look on his long face. But the momoent passed, and he shuddered happily, making an odd snorting sound. As the stalion walked however, he picked up his front leg, and limped as he came forward. "If it's any consolation, I killed the bugger." Fae mumbled.

After Fae lead her horse out of the hut, she found her friends again. "I'm sorry if this is a bad time, but I don't know what to do really, I'm not a healer. Could any of you take a look at Jared? His leg is hurt."
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 07:08
"Thanks." Brenna said, as she scrambled out from underneath the orc. She pulled herself up, and looked at the people who had hunted - and helped - her. "it's all right; I won't run." Brenna said quickly. "I wouldn't get very far anyway." She added, a little quieter, remembering the arrow stub in her leg.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2005 10:13
"I'm afraid that was the general idea," said Glorfindel, "Now hold still, this is going to hurt. A lot."

Bending down over the young woman, very young, too young, Glorfindel drew his knife out. There was a gasp from the others, and the young woman went pale and blanched.

Plunging the weapon into her leg, Glorfindel twisted hard. The girl screamed and thrashed about, but still the elf continued to twist. Just as her screams reached fever pitch, Glorfindel ripped the blade out and something fell into his hand.

"One arrow head, and might i add, exactly where I intended it to hit you. Ok, I'm going to bandage this and place it in a splint. I do have the power to heal it here, but I'm not that generous. Oh and should you try to run, it will only make it worse," he told the girl.

When Glorfindel had cleaned and bandaged the wound, and went over and saw to Jared, choosing to heal the wound over, so Fae could ride him. Then he returned to the circle to see what Ryn would do with her prisoner.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 07:33

Fae watched nervously as Glorfindel healed her horse. "Thanks. I don't know what I would have done without him."
Fae took a quick glance at the assasin, and felt a momentary pang of anger. But it passsed. The red head had seen the pain the girl went through, plus, she did stay to fight didn't she? Fae looked at Glorfindel. Something was strange about that elf. Perhaps a lack of compassion? No. He had helped the girl, but all the while with a look of pure hatred. Something happened to him, Fae knew that at least.

The redhead continued to mill over her flitting thoughts, when she noticed how hungry she was. "Say...is anyone else hungry?"
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 07:50
"I'm not stupid." Brenna spat through grtitted teeth to the elf's remark, before flicking back into her mother tounge of Rohirric, and cursing violently.

Eventually she forced herself to stand, blanching as she put weight back on her leg. Muttering a few final curses she wrapped her arms round herself tightly. Looking around she saw that the red-head was the only one standing there. "I want to change." Brenna said. "Is that all right?"

((Sorry if there's many typos in this: for some reason I'm having difficulty focusing on the computer screen.))
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 09:04
While Earendel was well aware of what was going on with the prisoner. She kept talking to Hyldo. She was very slowly appraoching. It was really too bad that she had not thought to give her saddle bags to Faeger.

When Earendel had gotten with in about 10 feet of her horse the animal started to nigh alarmed. "Its Ok girl its still me under here, See". She held out her hand which she had swiped mostly clean. Hyldo was still nervious. Earendel words were keeping the animal from bolting but just barely.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 09:59
Glorfindel shivered, he'd enjoyed that, he'd enjoyed hurting that girl. Even though he knew who she was, what she was, he still felt sick at the idea. That was it, he didn't like the way that this was going. He'd become to involved already, he couldn't trust himself. When an elf enjoys torture he knows that something is wrong.

But why had he enjoyed it so much? Because that woman hurt Rynwyn..she took Reothed...she... I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHO SHE IS! WHY AM I DOING THIS! You know why, you love her, I can see it, you want her you need her.

No I don't! You imagining things..

Am I know? Your so predictable, so much like your father, he was a fool too, he thought that he was invincable
He thought he was above the rest

Shut up! You know nothing

Do I? Well if your so good, prove it walk away now, without a word, just go.

And Glorfindel realized the truth, he had to go. It was for the best. So he quietly drew back from the circle, and slipped silently into the alley behind. Taking the reins of Lechend, he mounted his horse and set off up the hill.

But at the crest of the hill he turned back and looked down into the village.

A small tear came to his eye, "Good bye," he whispered.

And with that he turned his back on the village and set off along the road.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2005 11:28

Fae looked startled at the girl's words. "Yes I suppose so..." After all she never could hold a grudge, but she wanted to kill the girl so badly! No! She stopped.
"I'm sorry, I just miss my brother..." Suddenly an idea struck her, and all thoughts of vengance creeped back, but directed at someone else now. "If you truly wish to change, please tell me, who hired you? Why did they want my brother dead?"
As Fae waited, she slowly noticed that she was holding her breath. "Who am I to blame?"
<< First23456Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email