Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Murder in Rohan (KEEP)
on: March 25, 2005 09:56
ooc- tried to let other poeple catch up after so long of a post..

ic-Earendel's look of shock and dismay was plain. So mother Faeger continued "She was a little thing, wearing a whte dress and a floppy hat. She was pretty even. My son atcually smiled at her"
Earendel sighed it took a coule of moments to come up with a way that would change the elderly womans feeling toward this 'pretty woman'. She spoke quitely "I thought you held our eldest sons life in high value. He is still in the Roheirrom isnt he?"
The response was even fster then she had expected"of course! he is moveing streadily up in rak I am so proud of him"
Then Faeger grinned "this girl has designs on my son and you dont think she is worthy...I admit I would prefere you to a stranger but it is not for us to say"
earendel was shocked to learn that her freind thoght in this manor. She spoke even quieter"you better hope she has no interest in your son the last member of the rohirom she took an interest in she killed in cold blood. So I pray she has no interst in your son I would hate to see him cut down before his time"
Faeger looked very shocked. "I had never though of a pretty face hiding such evil" Suddenly Feager head looked up at her younger son. "Come here boy" He came up close and nodded his respect. "you heard that Earedel is looking for the girl in the white dress and floppy hat" replie "yes mother but I did not hear why"
Feager spoke "that does not matter. do not mention Earendel to anyone. I need for you to go and find the girl and invite her here for lunch. Tell her your family makes a habbit of inviting in strangers becasue we long for news from other places. Remember Earendel is not here. Now go!"
"Now that should take care of getting her here" Feager said.
"Yes" Erendel had to admit that should take care if the invation. Concidering what she has down it may be wise to sommon back up. "Mother is your daughter here" replie"since her husband died and she is with child of course" Earedel hasited bringing a preganent womaninto this but is seem the only way "I have some freinds at the edge of town do you think you might be able to have her carry a couple of cloaks out and show them the way back here. They would rasie some suspsion on their own im afraid. An elf and a knight from gondor" She chuckled "how did a nice girl like you get hooked up with such strange creatures..But when your looking for back in this type of a thing you can be too choosey can you at least not when your out on the open plains"
Faeger called to her daughter"Take 3 cloakes out the the edge of the settlement and and bring Earendels friends in"
Earendel spoke "wait just a monent" she unwraped Hyldo's rein and handed them to the girl along with exact directions as to were they had left the others.
After the girl left Earendel stated quitely"It is the elf who was able to track her here. and the knight may well have saved my life in battle they are honorable creatures."
Lady_Elbereth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2005 11:30
"Stay with the horses, I'll be back." Glorfindel told Arien, drawing his sword and walking northeastwards.

Arien nodded silently and stood with Lechend and Kira, gripping the reins and tugging gently on the horses as they attempted to pull her along as they grazed.

She pulled a canteen from her pack and took a drink then rummaged around for the food she'd packed. Arien hadn't gotten any breakfast that morning and felt slightly fatigued by now...

She rested a hand on the hilt of her sword and sighed, swinging the reins of the horses over her shoulder and standing to wait for Glorfindel to get back. She pulled her cloak over her head to block the sun and looked around, finding a shaded tree.

Leading the horses, Arien jogged over to stand in the shade rather than in the bright sun. She loved the sun, but right now with her armor it was getting hot.

She leaned back on the tree, letting the horses graze and holding the reins at their end, pushing copper hair from her green eyes as she watched for any sign of her companions.

(sorry i haven't been posting, y'all! I'm jumpin' back in though!)
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 03:47
Brenna jumped when the boy tapped her on her shoulder: she had been focusing on the crowd as a whole and had not expected one to come at her from behind. She spun round, her hand going automatically to a belt and knives that weren't there, but she changed the movement midspin so that both hands landed on her hips. It took Brenna a long moment to work out where she recognised him from - he was the boy from where she had brought her fletchings and piles. She listened to his stammering invitation, a slight smiled on her lips, and her stance softened. She read the boy completly wrongly - thinking of him as a love struck fool.

"All right." She agreed, smiling fully. "I'm Leoma, by the way."
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 08:39
Pulling his hood over his head, Glorfindel strode down the hill and so came quietly into the village. He stopped at the first building he came to, a largish structue, with a longer lean-to on the side. It smelled strongly of horse, and within he could hear the noises of the animals stirring. There was a young man sitting on the backstep of the house, holding a bow with a quiver of arrows near to him. As Glorfindel approached he knoched an arrow to it, and raised it at the elf.

"Halt," he ordered, "state your name and your buisness."

"I wish a word with you good sir."

"A word eh? Most folks around here don't even want one of those, declare your buisness."

"I want you to release all the ponies, mounts, steeds and mules into your stables, into the wild, let them run away."

"Are you mad? This place is my buisness, my life, I'll be ruined."

"Will this compensate you sufficently?" and at that Glorfindel threw small pouch at the man's feet. He bent down and picked it up, eyes widening when he saw the contents. He only managed a nod.

"Wait until I have left, then release every last creature in your stables. If you don't I'll know," as he turned and made to leave Glorfindel picked up the bow and quiver.

"Mind if I keep these?"

"Sure."

Turning he back on the man, Glorfindel strode back up the hill and towards Arien.

Lets see you run without a horse, my dear.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 26, 2005 08:20
Rynwyn dropped her hands to her side with an exhasperated sigh. Where was Earendel? Where was Fae? She didn't see either of them- and the news she had learned of the assassin was torturing her. She had to tell someone! What would they do now, anyway? Should she tell them and they three capture the assassin and take her out of the village? Could they even do so?
Ryn wished that Glorifindle had come with her. He would know what to do, but she had no idea. Grumbling, she walked a few steps forward and looked around at the bustling people, trying to catch sight of a face she knew.
Suddenly the crowd parted and she spotted something that made her heart nearly stop-- there stood a woman dressed exactly as the man had said, speaking to a young man! For a moment Rynwyn simply stared, wondering if this was who she was looking for. Then she saw that no shoes were on the woman's feet.
Rage began to bubble up again, and she thought of this woman hiding in the shadows and sending an arrow into her friend's back, stealing his life away. The girl knew better than to approach the assassin; she decided to watch her from a distance until she ran into either Fae or Earendel. Forcing herself to be casual, she headed in that direction, stopping in front of a small booth where an old woman was selling flowers. She pretended to be very interested in a withering wild flower, keeping her eyes trained on the girl in white.

tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2005 05:03
By this time mother Farger's daughter was out side the settle ment. She was following Earendel's direction leading Hyldo. When she reached what was supposed to be the ended of her journey there was no one there. But not far away in the shade of the trees there was someone in aromour holding 2 horses. Soon she was a few feet way she saw someone else coming. The young woman spoke haltingly in the common tongue " Earendel has asked me tell you she has a meeting set up with the one you seek. It will take place in about 2 hours at my mothers shop. She asked me to bring you cloaks and to show you a back way there so she can have some back up if need be."

`````````
After the 2 choldren had left on there errends there was a few minutes of silence.
Earendel spoke quietly"mother Faeger why do you distrust pople from Gondor and elves so badly"
She thought quietly for a few minutes "I guess its just that they have strange ways and I dont understand them."
Earendel sat thinking this is not the time to tell her this news if she hasnt figured it out on her own. "Tell me how many elves have you ever got to know."
The elder woman looked at her and replied "none, I suspect there is a little elf blood in you my girl but I know you are not fully elf other wise you would not be so rational."
*** Misconceptions do abound dont they***
At that moment the boy returned to say that the girl was coming and that she had a very nice smile.
To which mother Farger replied"You will show no interest in that horrible witch no matter what she says or does!!! Not if you value your hide!!"
Earendel chuckled silently at that comment. The earendel said quietly "she truely is evil and you know that I do not lie. There is also a member of the Rohirrim here with me and another freind from just one village to the east who will say the same thing"

Earendel and Faeger went back to talking generals waiting for all of the poeple who were to be coming. Keeping an eye out for the 2 who were in town. Hopefully this would go better then the last plan.
ooc- that is not a personal dig at the last plan maker it did fall a part thought... best laid plans of mice and men as the old saying goes..Hope I didnt step on toes
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:11

Fae was running through the street, when she bumped right into Rynwyn. "Oh, thank eru I found you!" People around stared. "Because I found your purse!" The crowds turned away again, the interest gone. "You saw her?" Fae said quietly.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 08:29
Rynwyn cried out when Fae ran into her, but sighed with reliefe when she saw who it was.
"You saw her?" Fae said quietly.
"Yes," Rynwyn pushed at her light hair, gesturing with her eyes in the assassin's general direction. "At least, I think so. We should find Earendel, or something... "
She gripped her sword hilt and sighed.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2005 11:23
Taking the cloak from the young women, Glorfindel put it on over his elven robes, but he folded his grey cloak up and placed it in his bundle. His arranged the cloak so it covered his atire, and his blade. But on his back he placed the Rohirrim bow and quiver he had aquired. Finally he pulled the hood over his head, so his features could not be descerned. However his eyes glinted keenly beneath the low cowl.

"I almost look like a Rohan warrior?" he remarked to Arien.

Taking Lechend by the reins he led him down the hill, following the young women to the meeting place. As he went down the hill, Glorfindel felt a growing feeling of unease.

"I hope Rynwyn is ok," he muttered.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 10:32

"I thought I saw her go that way." Fae vaguely remembered seeing the elf enter a hut. "Yes this way." The red head pointed down the street, but stopped in her tracks when she saw the killer heading with a boy directly towards the hut. "Um let's go around the back, Earendel might be planning something." The two circled arouind the hut and found Earendel coming silently out a back door. "What's going on?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2005 01:44
ooc- reality is giving me a bad day lets hope I can dive into this and make a decent post... if not i promise to caome back later and edit..

Earendek nodded to her companions then looked about knowing their was a huge chance of other ears listening. Then she spoke quietly hoping her real meaning would come through"I am glad you made old friends. You will be pleased to know that our traveling companions will be here soon and they will be coming in this way as well. Plus the one who arrived in town a head of us will be arriving at this very building in just a short while she has been invited for lunch."
Then grin that crossed Earendels face at the word lunch was something she could not stop. Then she said "come in I will introduce you." With that she stepped back inside. the other followed. She proceeded with introductions. The end of witch mother Faeger hugged both ladies breifly and said "i will help in any small way I can and if that is letting you find your "friend" here then so be it. Sit down we are expecting more guests" With that she went quickly back up front.
Earendel went back out back and saw the rest of the group appoach. To Faeger's daughter whispered in her ear" I believe your mother wishes you to attend the current company but remember to keep a good distance from the bare footed lay in the white dress when she arrives, soon"
With that the young girl went inside. to those remaining she spoke in a more normal tone of voice"I am glad you finally found your way. The one who ran way this morning will be arrivng here for lunch in just a little bit" At which time Faeger son came outside and spoke " I am instruced to watch your horses, My mother thinks that I may want to help that little lady you have coming here. I wont, but I fail to see what so sweet and innocent of a girl could do to anyone"
Earedel spoke "i can see your mother has tried to spare you the truth about her but it obviously has not been a good thing" then earendel wispered the truth in the boys ear. After that he blushed and spoke haltingly. You ..must think ..me a fool.. I ..I have..badly miss.. judged that one. You may rest assured she will not get any were near these horses"
"We can go in for a bit and make some decisions" then Earendel went in.
She introduced those that came with her.

ooc- now will let someone else move things forward..
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 08:58
Glorfindel followed Earendel, at once he felt an intense feeling of relief at seeing Rynwyn and Fae safe. But he could sense the tension in the air surrounding the two young women, particularly Rynwyn. Her stress was evident, they had found something.

Then he turned to the elderly Rohan woman, "Mae Govannan lady," he said, "I am Glorfindel of Lindon, at your service." He bowed respectable to her, then spoke to his friends.

"Have we found her?"

ooc - shall we have a small planning sessin, or just jump on Brenna now?
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 30, 2005 12:22
"Have we found her?"
Rynwyn wasnt sure if she was able to hide her relief at seeing the elf approach.
"I think so," she answeres softly, suddenly feeling a bit shy. "I don't know what we'll do, though."
Once inside, she greeted the woman and looked for a place to sit. Taking a chair by the wall, the young woman removed the sword and propped it against the chair. Then she rested her head in her hands and let out a sigh, trying to clear her thoughts and get herself ready emotionally. She wasn't sure what the plan would be, but she wanted to handle it bravely.
(an ooc discission sounds good. let brenna have a say in all of this ^_~)
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 09:00
Brenna willingly followed the boy* but she faltered when they came close to his house.

"Do you have many siblings?" She asked him.

"Not so many." He replied, but Brenna knew that meant little: it was quite acustimned for people in some of the smaller villages of Rohan to have six or seven children. She herself, though she thought little of it, was one of five. The boy realised that she had faltered, and smiled, a little shyly. "I promise you they do not bite."

Brenna smiled back, her smile just as nervous, but hers for another reason. "Then I'll trust you." She said, a little sarcastically: she had trused no one for many years now.

Brenna let the boy hold the door open for her, and she laughed, before curtsying. "Thank-you, my Lord." She joked, waiting for him to come inside, and then taking his arm.

((*Name!? I'm faaaar to lazy to think of one. )
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 10:38
Glorfindel quietly watched the young woman enter, with a small boy behind her. He had not suspected that the killer was female, but now he knew better. Glorfindel was now in no doubt this was who they sought.

"Ok, lets block off her exits, some should watch the streets in case she manages to get out. Rynwyn, Fae it's up to you now, how do we deal with her?"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2005 05:03
As soon a they came through the door Earendel took Faeger's son and shoowed him back out the front door saying"go help your brother out back he needs you"
Then she shut the door and stood beside it knowing the girl would not get out without a fight.
Mother Faeger shook her head and sighed"Little girl I am very sorry now that I sold you things to make arrows with do do not derserve to have weapons when you use them agian good honorable men."

Earendel was surpised at the outburst of her freind. She spoke a few moments later. "I agree with mother Faeger this girls victim could as easily have been someone I care about as a stranger. The only question that remains really is what to do with her. I leave that solely in hands of the 2 who truely knew her victim"
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 10:19
"Your quite right Earendel, it's out of out hands now. Come Earenel, Arien, let as withdraw, so that these two may take council among themselves."
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 12:18
(ooc: Brenna is in the house with them now, right?)

Rynwyn had moved to her feet by now and taken the sword--she didn't want the elves to leave her and Fae with the woman who had killed Reothed. She didn't know what to say or what to do. She had never even thought about this moment seriously, being caught up in the moment and not making any plans. That was here worst trait, besides becoming frightened so easily.
Casting a glance at Fae, the girl turned brown eyes on Glorifindle, wishing he would stay. But it was true- he needed to guard the doors. Taking a breath, Ryn looked hard at the assassin and thought of her friend lying on the ground, lifeless. She forced herself to remake the horrible image in her mind. It caused an anger once again.
"Why did you do it?" she finally managed, glaring at the woman with fire in her eyes. She gripped the sword in what she hoped was a threatening stance and waited.

(ooc: hope this is alright! I'm a bit confused, as always.)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 01, 2005 07:28

Fae had to use all of her strength to restrain herself from driving her sword into the girl then and there. She held her sword with both arms and created a frightening image, the lust for revenge clear on her face. "Why...did you kill my brother? What heartless being could do this?" Fae had the urge to spit on the woman's bare feet.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 07:44
Brenna was surpised at the actions of those in the house, but this had happened to her before. Without moving she mentally went over all of the possible exit routes, before started to think how she should re-act.

"Your brother?" Brenna asked, calmly, despite starting to feel penned in. "I think you must be mistaken. Who are you?" She asked, looking first at the red-haired girl, and then the blonde. Brenna's hands itched to go to her side, but that was pointless: she had stored her weapons in her bag, and any movement to there would be far too obvious. She thought briefly about the short sword that she had strapped in between her bag and her back, but again, it would take her too long to unsheath. Brenna linked her hands in front of herself, hoping to block the sense of unease she felt.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2005 08:05

Fae wouldn't be fooled, she had come too far. "Shut up!" She barked. "You know of whom I speak, the ashes that have blown accross the plains, the boy that you shot!" Fae felt white hot tears running down her cheek, but she stood her ground.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 08:16
Rynwyn didn't cry. Instead she now stood silent, watching the girl's face. She saw a lie there and knew in her heart that this was Reothed's murderer. How someone with such a sweet countenance could have done such a thing...
"I intend to punish you for your evil," Rynwyn said through clenched teeth. She stepped forward with the sword, the coldness of her voice surprising even herself. She had never killed before, but she had every intention of slitting this woman's throat and feeling no guilt for it. Ryn wondered what Glorifindle would think of that, if he would deal with it is some other way....
Suddenly a horn blew outside, loud and clear. She stopped and bit her lip, her heart feeling as if it had dropped out of her chest as she glared at the assassin with a new expression.
It was a warning-horn to signal danger. Enemies were coming on the village!

(OOC: I'm hoping this starts the attack on the village alright! As far as I know our idea is for Brenna to join in on the battle against the wildmen/orcs, so our folks kind of become allies by necessity. I guess we'll go from there!)
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 10:22

Fae yelled in rage, but stared icily at the murdurer. "You shall pay one way or another!" With that she tore herself away from the hut and ran out into the street. The people of Othem were scattering, screaming for mercy. Dark shapes blotted the horison, and Fae could not have even immajined the horror that she saw. Orcs, Wildmen, every foul creature was racing at top speed towards the village. The small garison was making an ill formed wall at the village gate, and Fae's eyes darted to where her horse had been. "Jared!" Fae heard a whiney a ways off, and saw the copper stalion racing towards her. "It's a good thing you learned to untie yourself boy." Fae mounted and went back to the door of the hut. "Friends there is an army, coming towards Othem! They are nearly upon us!"
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2005 10:49
Earendel looked into hut and spoke "Mother Faefer tie this creatures hands behind her with the rope I know you keep handy" as her freind did as bid she continued"There are orcs and other things coming for us. Get the children inside and bar the door I wuld not trust this one not to kill us during a fight so it is far safer to have her tied in here with you."
After tieing the girl, nother called the cildern in adn told them to put everything they could aginst the door. She then grabed a long kinfe from the cooking area and her children also grabbed knifes. Tthen earndel spoke"After we are out of here you need to bar this door as well as keep aneye on her" We need all the good fighters we can get right now. You have my word we we do all that is humanly and elvenly possible to keep them from the city" With that she turned and left she know her words would be followed by Faeger's family.
As soon as she was out of the door she yelled "ALL WHO CAN FIGHT HEAD TO THE EDGE OF TOWN" She then headed straight for the edge of town were the things were approaching from.
She stood with bow and arrow in hand waiting only for them to get within range of her arrows to start shooting.

ooc- do we have an idea of numbers of just a large cloud of dust and knowing that they arent friendly??
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 08:34
Brenna watched coldly as her captors started to react to the warning horn, but she could not allow her hands to be bound and not react.

"I can help." She offered quietly, almost silently, but she was either unheard or ignored, and her hands were bound. Brenna felt the beginings of the inevitable headache that would lead to a possible panic attack, and she began to work at the ropes and knots binding her with her fingers, to no joy. She suddenly realised that attention had been drawn from her, and Brenna briefly turned her attention to all the escape routes in turn. The young girl realised that she would either have to use the door, or hope on there being some other route she could not see. She also realised that if she stayed quiet and still for a brief while then attention would be drawn from her, but she knew that would be a hard task for her, especially with danger all around and her hands bound.

At that reminder of her situation Brenna closed her eyes, trying to calm herself, but then suddenly her eyes snapped open. She had decided what she needed to do. Briefly she searched the room until she found Alfwine, the boy who had invited her here. Brenna focused her gaze on him, until he swung round, glaring at her.

"Untie me." Brenna said, softly.

"No." His voice was stern, but a little nervous.

"Untie me, Alfwine: Otham needs all who can help, and I can help."

"I will not untie you!"

"Please." Alfwine faltered. He had been warned of a murdering scumbag, and he just could not think of Leoma like that. Brenna saw his hesitation, and met his eyes for the first time, pleading with them as much as with her words. "Please."

"You must swear not to hurt anyone." He said, quickly, looking around to see if his family had noticed.

"I wouldn't have." Brenna said, and then caught the look he sent her. "But I swear not to hurt anyone, anyway."

"All right." Alfwine said, and moved forward to untie her. "Go out the back way." He said, as his knife cut through her bonds, and Brenna almost laughed. Of course! She had been pushed against the back door.

"Thank-you." She said, smiling, as she slipped through, and away.

Once a little way clear of Faefer's house, Brenna stopped, and fasterned her belt of knives around her waist, and pulled loose her short sword. She slit her dress past the knees to allow movement, before turning to where the garison were. Brenna fell into the back ranks seemlessly, holding her sword loosly in her left hand, and drawing a knife into her right. She found herself wishing for her bow, but it was no good to wish.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 10:52
But Glorfindel had not been idle. When the warning horn sounded he made towards the sound, and made ready to summon Lechend to him. However as he crossed the entrance to the alleyway that led towards the house where his friends where he espied a flash of white out of the corner of his eye. It is was her. The killer, getting away. No not this time.

Drawing his Rohan bow, Glorfindel notched an arrrow to it. Taking aim carefully, he drew back the string. Just as his father had taught him, he took three deep breaths to steady his aim. He wouldn't kill her, just disable. Right calf muscle should do. And since she's exposed them nicely.

At that he loosed his arrow. The shaft flew straight and true into the woman's leg, with a cry she stumbled and fell. Drawing his sword Glorfindel ran towards her.

'Got you.'
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 04, 2005 02:34
Rynwyn looked away when Fae started talking, and when she turned back around the killer was gone. Alfwine stood there looking suspicious and she knew at once what he had done. Cursing in a very un-ladylike way, Ryn ran out of the back door, pushing past the boy and looking wildy around outside. Woman and children were running past and men were going in the opposite direction, pulling together a defense where the enemies would meet. Ryn's heart felt as though it froze; she saw the enemy coming. Dozens of wild men and orcs were already locking in battle with a the few brave riders who had ridden out to stop them.
It didn't take long for her to discover that her horse was gone. Cursing again she whirled around and saw Glorifindle standing over the killer. Ryn started in that direction, but all at once a cry came from behind and she turned to see a wild-man running at her with a raised weapon! Crying out, she lifted her sword just in time to block his strike. She tried to hack at him, but he deflected the blow with little effort and pushed her with a laugh. Fear was coursing through her and everything else was forgotten; she tried again with her sword, but the man knocked it away like a fly and pushed her again. The wall of a building met her and stopped her from moving back again. Her sword flew out a third time, and this time it was knocked from her hands. The blade went flying far out of reach and Rynwyn's attacker pushed her against the wall, pressing his own blade against her throat. The women and children who ran by cast looks in their direction, but none stopped to help.
"Glorifindle!" she cried out, pushing against the wild man only to get the blade closer to spilling her blood. She didn't know if the elf had heard her over the growing noise, but she prayed that someone had.

(OOC: forgive me, I tend to be dramatic )
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 05, 2005 05:44
Brenna screamed and tumbled as the arrow entred her leg, but did not let that deter her. Pulling herself to her feet again, her face dark and bitter she turned to face whomever had shot her, but was distracted as a rush of wildmen and orcs came past. Brenna fought wildly, screaming, letting out her anger on the enemy, but a brief flash of blonde brought her back to herself. Despite anger, and a long bitterness towards Rohan she acounted Rohan as her country, and she would not let one of her people be slain by an orc if she could do anything to stop it.

Without pausing to think, Brenna hurled her knife at the wildman who had the Rohirric maid pinned, and then jogged back to retrive it. When she realised it was Rynwyn that she had saved she imediatly turned her back to her, fighting once more, ignoring the younger girl.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 09:01
"Glorifindle!"

Glorfindel wheeled around to see Rynwyn pinned againist the wall by a wild man. Drawing his sword, he made to run to help her. But as he made to move, a knife flew past him and into the wild man's back.

"What the..?"

The killer, it had been her. She had thrown the weapon, she had saved Rynwyn's life! No..he couldn't stop to wonder. There was a battle to be fought here. Three more wild men were closing on Rynwyn. As the lead one made to bring down his crude axe onto her head, Glorfindel parried the blow, turned the axe aside. Using his foe's momentum, he drove his opponent into the ground and swept his blade downwards.

Then picking up the axe, he hurled it into the neck of the second one. But the third came up close behind and managed to lock his pole arm with Glorfindel's sword. Both lost a grip on their weapons, that went spirling away. The grim looking man then tackled the Elven warrior backwards into the wall. Winded by the fall, Glorfindel barely had the strength to stay standing. He replied by driving his balled fist firmly into his enemy's head.

Stunned momentarily the wildman voilently headbutted Glorfindel back, knocking him to the ground stunned. Then he wrapped his huge hands around the Elf's neck and began to squeeze.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 11:34
Brenna found herself in the thick of battle again, and barely able to cope, thanks to the arrow that was stuck in her leg. In a moment of anger, mainly at her own weakness, she leant down, and snapped the shaft out of her leg to stop it catching so much, but immediatly realised how stupid that was: now the head was left embedded in the flesh of her calf.

Looking up in time to react to a sword that was sweeping from her left. From her new lower postition she forced her sword into the belly of her attacker, jerking the blade out and rising with a twist to the right, ready to fight the next person to come in reach of her blade. She briefly had time to recognise the elf from the party that had arrested her earlier. He was in trouble, but she had already given more aid to them then she could give, and she had wasted time even noticing him. An orc blade missed her side by inches, but it's owner slammed his shield into her chest, it's top barely missing her face. Brenna was pushed off her feet into the Rohirric soldier behind her. She struggled to rise, fiegning to be weaker then she was, and appeared to slip with her knife, knicking the orcs leg. It roared in its triamph before falling dead to the floor, prey to the deadly posion on the tip of Brenna's knife.

Brenna began to work her way closer to a cottage wall behind her. She knew that she had to get something behind her and realised that she would feel safer with a solid wall then one of the warriors fighting along side her that she barely knew.
dreamdancer
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 12:28
Rynwyn saw the man on top of a stunned Glorifindle and scrambled for the sword at her feet- it wasn't hers, but it was all she could reach- and stood, raising the blade. Without thinking twice she dropped it into the back of the elf's attacker, and the man released his grip, rolling aside with a bitter cry. Before he could stand she drove the blade in again, this time sending it deeper. Trembling hands released the hilt as she backed away, then she reached down and helped Glorifindle to his feet. She didn't thank him for saving her before- there was no time. Ryn saw the killer edging away, fighting as she went with her injury, but she wasn't able to go after her- two more men came their way. Cursing, she pulled the sword out of the dead man and readied herself, casting a wide-eyed glance at the elf who stood beside her.
_mook_
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 01:10

Fae rode forward with a bloodcurdling battle cry. She held her long sword in one hand and a buckler in the other. Jared kicked the orcs and wild men that blundered into the war horse's path. Fae was swinging her sword in a dangerous arch, cleaving the heads off of her foe.
Out of the corner of her eye, she saw a dagger fly into a wildman's back, he dropped down to reveal Ryn. Fae watched for a breif moment, as the murderer retreived her weapon. Fae cocked her head, but carried on. The girl had saved Ryn. Strange.
But the red head did not have the time to think of that, as a large orc slashed at Jared's flank. The stalion bucked, and Fae held on with her thighs. The orc's sword went clattering, as Fae protected her horse. She did a quick turn, and kicked the orc behind the ear. The creature gave a grunt and fell over from the powerful blow. "Teaches you not to attack my horse maggot!" She yelled down at the heap, a bitter smile on her face.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 02:13
((ooc- sorry about no posts but no comp last 24+hrs and day from hell will do my best to take out some of the orcs ect.))

ic- Earendel had been killing orc's and wild men for a while but it didnt seem to steam the flow of them. Then she realized that she only had three arrows left. At which point she slipped her bow across her back and drew her sword. She started backing fighting as she went. She knew that some of the creatures had gotten beyond the line and seemed to keep going.

She was shocked when she backed in to something. She half turned expecting it to be a freind and was surprised to see an orc. She barely had time to finish turning around and block its swing. While she deflected it she knew if it got many more changes as strong as that one her strength would ebb. So she pulled her dagger out and gutted it with her other hand.

As it fell she saw Glorfindel and Rynwyn fighting 2 wild men. She turned back around and saw a blade coming down for her head she knew it was too close for a defensive swing so she dived back to avoid having her head split open. Her jump bumped her against one of the wild men she had seem a monent ago. Though she was not sure who was fighting with it. The bumped knocked her off balance and she fell quickly to the ground but it also caused the wild man to turn around. He saw only another wild man and growled at him which gave his opponent an easy kill, which they took. The first one forgot Earendel when his cohorts head fell off. It rushed forward, Receiving a very deep side wound before he got to his intended target. But this also reminded him of Earendels presence. So the wild man corrected attack on her. Her half sitting half lying postion left her vulnerable but she defened her self from 2 swings in that position. But the end of the second left her even more vulnerable. All that was now between her and this wild man was her dagger and she was by no means sure she would have the strength to stop his sword with her dagger.
purplefluffychainsaw
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: April 06, 2005 10:32
Something had gone desperatly wrong. Instead of finding herself close to the cottage Brenna had been aiming for she could no longer even see it! Her clothes and weapons were dripping with blood - hopefully not hers, and she was tiring. The young assassin noticed a small gap in the thick of the enemy were a young man stood, ranked by a guard. "Their leader." Brenna thought. "If we can stop him then maybe they'll stop fighting." She changed her direction, making her way toward the break, before she noticed an abandoned bow lying to her left. Brenna ducked a blow, and swept it up in the same movement, before taking an arrow from the quiver of an orc behind her. Dodging blows from seemingly every direction, Brenna managed to draw the short bow, and aim. Her first arrow missed, but she didn't mind too much. Taking another arrow from the first quiver that came to close she drew and realeased again, and this time her aim was true. The man fell, arrow in his throat, but it seemed to do nothing. As Brenna dropped the bow and unsheathed her sword and a dagger again she began to wonder if she was wrong about him being leader of the wild-men, but then she was swept off her feet by a huge club.

Brenna scrambled to her feet, and swung round to face an Olog-hai; one of the few who had survived the War of the Ring, and the battles that followed it. The orcs and wild-men around the two oponants spread out, creating a ring, and began to chant. Brenna ignored them, and put her full attention to the great orc in front of her. He was dressed in spiked armour, but he bore no helm. The club that had sent her flying was swinging again, and Brenna sprang underneath it, digging her knife into the great foot in front of her. She jumped back again, and ran around, the orc following her, and raising the club for another blow. The poision on the knife did not effect it! Brenna dropped the knife, and drew another this time catching the orcs hand, to no effect. She tried again with another knife, and then again, until she was left with her last knife in her hand. Taking a running jump she landed on the orcs back, and sunk the knife deep into it's neck, but then a great hand caught hold of her arm, and swung her off, slamming her back down into the ground. Brenna lay there, dazzed and winded, unable to rise. The orc raised its club, preparing to crush her, before the vasts amount of posion in its blood finally began to reach its vital organs. It roared, before falling down, on top of Brenna, half crushing her. She lay there for a moment, regaining her breath and composure, and then struggled to get out from underneath the great bulk that was pinning her down. A cold realisation suddenly ran down her: the spikes on the orcs armour had pinned her to the ground, one passsing through her right palm, another though the right side of her belly, and another had just skimmed her shoulder.. For now the spikes were stopping the wounds from bleeding, but if the spikes were removed then who knew what would happen? Brenna sighed, and tried to relax, knowing she could do no more in this fight.
LoremasterMiar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2005 10:40
Glorfindel flipped his blade back into his hand.

"Thanks," he said to Rynwyn, but then he followed her gaze to the end of the alley. A group of at least seven orcs were advancing upon them. They looked like Uruk-hai, rements of Saruman's forces, from the last War.

These guys were tough, even with his skill he could only just about handle two at a time. But there were seven! Looking at Rynwyn he saw the fear in her eyes, and he felt it too in his heart. Glancing around quickly he saw a possible way out, a low hanging beam, the sort used to move heavy sacks of grain with a pulley. Before he knew it he had taken her hand and pulled Rynwyn close to him.

"Hold tight," he whispered,"And don't look back."

Taking a few steps back, and focusing on that beam. Taking Rynwyn is his left hand, and his sword in his right, stepping back. Then he broke into a heavy run, picking up pace as he went. As he reached the Uruk-hai, he kicked off from his right foot. As he went he slammed his blade into the beam, and hurled Rynwyn up and onto the ledge above. Just managing to catch the beam himself, Glorfindel was left danglig precariously above the Uruks.

(ooc - I saw this thew other day in a film, and had to try it out!)

12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email