Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
Post Friends Until the End (no new members please)
on: April 24, 2005 05:12
((NO new members at this time please.))
Arquilas stepped over a log, careful not to step in the mud that was quickly gathering everywhere. She pushed a strand of hair from her eyes. The torrential rain continued to fall. She could not see more than a foot in either direction. She saw no sign of their destination; Rivendell was nowhere to be seen. A clap of thunder exploded in through the night, startling Arquilas. She heard her companions come up behind her. Turning around she frowned at her three, very wet-looking friends.

"You know," she said sarcastically. "If you walked any slower, you'd be going backwards."

[Edited on 29/5/2005 by ladygaladrielrox]
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Friends Until the End (no new members please)
on: April 24, 2005 05:39
((Do you mind if I'm one of the companions? My characters in the database.))
Alcari, half-elven, half-rohirric, was one of those three soaked companions. They had been trudging through the mud and rain all night. "Just because you have way too much energy doesn't mean we all do!" she called to Arquilas. "We've been walking all night in the rain, lets make camp!"
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 05:52
(May I be a companion?) Kel, the half elf, half hobbit slipped and fell in the mud the others had so carefully avoided. Alcari pulled her up with ease, since she was skinny abit like the elf her mother was, and small like the hobbit her father was. She wiped the mud out of her eyes, and tried to get it out of her straight black hair. "I agree!My feet are cold and my ears hurt."
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 07:06
((Sure you guys can be companions. I still need a third one tho.))
Finally Arquilas agreed. Her Elven senses told her better, but she had to agree it was time they stop for the night. She looked around and finally spotted some shelter. Their 'shelter' was a small cave, barely big enough for the four of them. She slung her pack down on the cold stone floor, glad for what little comfort the cave offered.
Indareun
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 10:19
(I'm a companion!!!! :disco: ) Indareun put down his pack and started walking toward the back of the cave. He was stopped when he saw a familiar mark on one of the walls. It was the sign of Vana. He could see the golden rings all wrapped around one another. "Arquilas, come here!!" He yelled to make sure the blonde haired elf could hear him well. (Since it is known that Arquilas couldn't hear well) Indareun slowly slid his finger over the golden paint and to his surprise, it came off and rolled down his hand. "We are not alone." He whispered to himself.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 10:24
Moonstone heard people entering his cave. Yes, his cave. He quickly sprung up onto the ceiling and dug his knives into the stone to stay up there.

"We are not alone." One of them whispered. Moonstone was looking at them upside down, and it was dark and rainy. Oh great, they were making camp here. Oh well, might as well introduce himself, he thought.

Moonstone bounced down from the cave ceiling "BOIIING!!!" He landed on the left of the one who had just spoken. "Greetings!"
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 10:34
Arquilas screamed in fright. An ugly, hideous (in her opinion)...creature. For creature was the only word to describe it. It had landed in front of her and Indareun, nearly knocking Indareun backwards. Arquilas asked, "Who are you and what do you want?" The thing didn't reply. "Um, hello?! Yes, I'm talking to you!" She heard Indareun laugh beside her.
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 11:07
Moriel the dark elf crept through the woods as well. She loved the rain, it hid her tracks well. Moriel was dressed in black to match her name and night-black hair. Her blue eyes watched carefully for any other being.
She was searching for Rivendell, but they were wary of strangers these days. Just then she heard a scream. Someone else near here, startled or in trouble. Moriel traveled in the direction of the scream. Peering from behind a tree, she spotted a cave with some travelers in it. They appeared to be speaking to a small....creature.
Moriel crept closer so she could hear...
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 02:30
(Just so you people know, my character,Kel, is now in the data base.) Kel looked at the.....thing. She drew her knives slowly, hoping it wouldn't notice. Keeping it at the ready, she nudged Alcari, who had been getting the food out."Hello sir...sir...sir. Who...or, what...are you?"

[Edited on 25/4/2005 by Firearrow6]
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2005 02:50
((Whoa, that was a ton of posts in a short amount of time!))
When Kel nudged her, Alcari looked up. Seeing the creature, she barely stifled a scream that threatened to rip from her throat. Perhaps it was friendly, but then again, perhaps not. she drew the knife from her her boot just in case, then went to greet the creature (carefully). "Hello. We are but travellers. May we take shelter here from the rain?"
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 12:15
"Sure, whatever you like." Said Moonstone. They were all giving him really weird looks. "What? I'm an Elf...that happens to like body tatoos..." but Moonstone could tell that they weren't looking at the tatoos. It was the numerous scars all over his body. They made him look extremely deformed in the darkness. He eyed all of them.
"Seriously, what's wrong?"

[Edited on 25/4/2005 by ToasterQueen]
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 06:34
Moriel didn't mind the rain, but she decided if these travellers were going her way, they could be of help to each other. She stepped out from the foliage and gave Moonstone a flourishing bow. "May I shelter here for the night, m'lord?" She straightened and gave him a winning smile.
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 09:35
"Arrrrrrrg!!"Kel screamed. She hadn't even heard her approach. "This has gone to far!First we tramp the country all night, then we go into a cave owned by a tatooed scarred bouncy mad man, and now a dark elf! No.I wont have it." She turned away, her face to the wall.
(a fact for all. Kel's not mean. She's just...suspicious. She'll be nicer when she gets to know them.So don't say she' mean!!!)

[Edited on 25/4/2005 by Firearrow6]
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 02:11
"Whoa, Kel! It's nothing. You're just tired. He's not a tattooed scarred bouncy man, he's just an elf with tattoos that happens to have a few scars," Alcari said soothingly. She turned to Moonstone. "Sorry about my friend. She's very tired, and quite irritable. She's really much nicer when she's rested."
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2005 08:24
(OOC: don't worrry, I don't think she's mean, but FYI, moriel's not a dark elf as in a drow, she's a tolkien dark elf: ie they look the same but don't have the light of Aman in their face)

Moriel clenched her fists at the woman's derogatory term, but waited patiently for Moonstone's answer.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 01:49
Moonstone felt quite offended by that comment. Ok, so he was strange and had fought in many battles. If you could call them battles.

"Sure, you can stay." He said. He didn't want them to think he was inhospitable too.
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 09:02
(( Gosh, that was a lot of posts in a short amount of time))
Arquilas looked confused. They had only been traveling to Rivendell, and now they had met a dark Elf and some creepy cave guy that seemed to know the dark Elf. Weird... "Well," she said outloud. "Lets have something to eat. And then lets get some sleep so we can be on our way once this storm lets up. If it ever does..." She grabbed an apple out of one of the packs and tossed it to Indareun, who missed, being the clumsy one of the group.
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 10:53
Moriel smiled. "Thank you very much." Not sparing a glance for the others, she went to the back of the cave and sat down. She closed her eyes but did not sleep; instead she listened to the conversation in the cave.

OOC: Moriel is in the database

[Edited on 26/4/2005 by Brilamarth]
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 02:38
After having a bite to eat, Alcari lay down. Although it disturbed the others, she somehow was not bothered by the dark elf and the...tattooed one. She talked with them a bit before lying down to sleep.
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 03:09
Kel sat against the wall. She felt guilty. She didn't REALLY mean to insult people. It was just a....weakness. She crept over to Moriel. "Ummmm... I think we got off on the wrong foot. I'm Kel. Who are you?"
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 26, 2005 06:45
Moriel was surprised. People didn't normally seek her out to talk to her.
"I'm Moriel," she said. "You headed to Rivendell?" She asked, remembering her purpose.
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 08:19
Moonstone retreated to the back of his cave and proceded in stratching things into the walls. He was humming a little tune to himself and doing a sitting-down jig.

"I'm Moonstone by the way." He said suddenly, thinking he should at least introduce himself to these people.

[Edited on 27/4/2005 by ToasterQueen]
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 10:18
"Pleased to meet you Moriel," Alcari greeted. "Sorry for intruding into your cave like this, but we didn't know it was yours, and we needed shelter. We are on our way to Rivendell, so we will leave in the morning if the weather is cleared up."
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 10:37
"Ah. Perhaps I can tag along with you then," the dark elf moriel said. "i'm headed there as well."
ladygaladrielrox
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 10:42
Arquilas smiled at Moonstone, trying her best not to be rude. "I'm Arquilas," she said to him. "We are on our way to Rivendell, although you probably already know that."
She inwardly slapped herself; that had sounded so dumb. She layed back against the stone wall, feeling quite tired. Around her the conversations continued.
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 11:28
"Ummmmm...why are you here?"Kel asked Moriel. She opened a pack and started munching on an apple, her favorite food. She hadn't eaten all day, and finished it in about 3 seconds. Then she started munching some bread. With her mouth full, she started asking more questions. "Do yiu have a horse?Any siblings?" Once she had started eating, her attitude got much better.
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2005 11:34
Moriel got a dark glint in her eyes. "I'm headed to Rivendell, as I've said. I need no horse and I have no family."
ToasterQueen
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:54
"Oooh, Rivendell! Haven't been there in a while!" Exclaimed Moonstone. He thought for a second and said "Mind if I tag along for a bit?"
~Shire_Hobbit~
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 09:54
"Not at all, after you let us stay here for the night," Alcari replied. "Oh dear, I do hope the rain goes away quickly. I was hoping to get to Rivendell soon. You see, I've never been there, and I have been told fascinating stories about it."
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:28
((Can I join?? Desruc is in the DB))

Desruc shivered in the rain. It was coming down quite hard. He had left Fainroch in the care of a friend and was making a long trek to Rivendell. He sighed in relief when he saw a cave up ahead. He walked into it, stopping instantly. It was mostly full.
"I beg your pardon." He said bowing. He felt slightly disappointed, he was hoping he wouldn't meet anyone on the way, he was wearing his traditional sorcerer robes, which he only wore if he was on business (he was meeting with Elrond of Rivendell to create a peace treaty with the elves), And had his staff glowing to light his way. "I was hoping I could find shelter for the night, if none of you mind."
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:39
OOC: LOL this is going to be interesting. moriel is in another rpg w/ desruc

Moriel looked curiously at the newcomer. her eyes widened slightly but she said nothing. This will complicate things, she thought. especially if he's going to rivendell too. too many people. Moriel didnt' like being crowded with all these people.
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 12:49
((LOL!! Sorry Brilamarth. Here's something, how about they know each other from my RPG! That would make stuff interesting, unless of course that's what you're doing already.))

Desruc looked around at the people, and saw Moriel. He felt embarassed, being in his Sorcerer robes and all, but seeing an elf he once had a crush on was even worse.
Firearrow6
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 02:02
Kel stopped eating her bread and pouted. Be nice...nice. Dont beat them. Last time you beat a guy, his insides were out, his outsides were in, his intrails hade became his extrails. There was pain...lots of pain...be nice. She gritted her teath, and said, almost civily "Who are YOU?"
(the thought of Kel ws a quote from one of my fave movies. Dont kill me. Duck girl, you know wich ones. I wont do it again.)
Brilamarth
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 28, 2005 02:32
OOC: LOL I recognized that movie. And sure, Nevaeh, we can do that.

Moriel smiled at Desruc's discomfort.It was good to see him though. She wouldn't let the others know she knew yet however. She grimaced. WAY too complicated...
Indareun
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 29, 2005 07:04
Indareun walked over to Arquilas and started whispering. "What do you think all of these other people are whispering about? I don't like them and I don't know why we had to bring them. We did fie the last time we went out on a mission by ourselves. Why couldn't this be any different?" He trotted over to the fire when no answer came to his questions. "Fine then don't answer me. You are now on the silence treatment!" He stuck out his tongue at Arquilas. Indareun picked up a stick and started whittling on it. He was on a mission. A mission to make a Mother's Day present for his nana...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email