Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
Post Living in Silence
on: July 06, 2005 08:35
Tiridan looked over the landscape, Gondor was soon to be at war. He rode next to the other members of the Tolkien Alliance. His face was set in a blank expression, no emotion was shown on his face. He watched Gondorian soldiers march their rounds.
"Tir, why don't you go look around." said a man with brown hair and a short beard. "I don't think Alamir would like you just sitting around."
Without a word, Tirada began walking the streets of the fourth level of the city, he was glad that he wasn't in his armor, it was a hot summer day, a tunic and breeches suited him just fine.
He heard a crash behind him, quickly drew his sword and turned around.
"Who are you?" he asked quietly.

[Edited on 11/7/2005 by Nevaeh__Elenath]

[Edited on 15/8/2005 by Nevaeh__Elenath]

[Edited on 8/11/2005 by Nevaeh__Elenath]
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Living in Silence
on: July 06, 2005 08:42
"Ouch that hurt." Hedia mumbled. Then when she noticed that someone was watching her she got up quickly."My name is Hedia." She said shyly."I wasn't watching where I was going and I tripped."Hedia hoped that she sounded convincing, she didn't want this stranger knowing that there was a wolf here. She wasn't sure if they were aloud, and Faula refused to leave her side.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 10:00
Silivren sat quietly in the street. With her eyes closed she was leaning against the wall, hoping to catch a quick nap before the troops rolled out to fight. Around her she could hear the clamor of the weapons and armor. She had never been this close to an army before, and frankly she was getting a headache. There were young men and old men, but no women. This was Gondor, after all. The men would ride to war while the women stayed and took care of the children, as it should be.

Silivren, being an elf, never understood how the human women could stay at home all day doing nothing. She herself had had many adventures, and was married. Where her husband was now was completely unknown to her. She hadn't seen him in almost a year, but she was not completely heartbroken about it.

Opening her right eye, Silivren saw a woman, along with something else she could not make out. Suddenly there was a loud noise, and one of the men turned around and demanded what it was.
Tripped... Silivren thought to herself with a chuckle.

Silivren opened her other eye. Stretching, she figured that she might as well go talk to them.

"You need to watch out there, Hedia. Some of the rocks in the road stick out more than others," Silivren said, approaching them. "I'm Silivren, or Sil for short."

Turning towards the man, she surveyed their expressions. "Does your army have any more room for fighters?" she asked, hoping that she would finally be able to do something to get rid of her boredom.

[Edited on 7/6/05 by Lady~Silivren]

[Edited on 7/6/05 by Lady~Silivren]
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2005 10:51
Tiradan resheathed his sword. His face still void of reaction and emotion, but he was a bit confused why there was two elves here "You'd have to ask my leader, Alamir. But I'm not a Gondorian soldier. I'm a member of the Tolkien Alliance." he said. Not really wanting to talk, but he had a feeling he had no other choice. "He's the only one in armor over there. You can talk to him. I'm Tiradan by the way." He held out a hand.

[Edited on 6/7/2005 by Nevaeh__Elenath]
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 06:03
"I'll have to remember that for next time,"Hedia told Silivren. Then to Tiradan she said, "Is this what all human settlements are like? Everyone seems so troubled. Is something wrong?"
the_ruler_of_all_serpents
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 05:40
Goliath had overheard what Hedia had asked, walked and said "You're darn right somethings wrong, we're being attaked by the Orcs. My name is Goliath."
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 06:31
Hedia gained a look of hatred at the mention of orcs, and Faula let out a low growl."I am more than willing to help fight the orcs," Hedia said determinedly. "I won't let them do to you what they did to me."Faula barked in agreement.
Then Hedia muttered, hoping the others wouldn't hear her,"Faula, did you have to let them know you were here. Now they'll probably kick us out of the city, and we won't get to help to defend it from orcs.Go ahead and come out of hiding Faula, since they now know that you're here there is no point in hiding." The wolf came out from hiding tentatively.She did her best to show that she wasn't a threat to them.
Hedia then told everyone, " This is Faula, she won't hurt you so long as you don't attack me. Please don't kick us out of the city. At least not until we've helped to defend it."
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2005 06:40
Discord was masquerading as a member of the Gondorian Guard, attempting to find her bounty. "Nothing," she mumbled. Then she overheard Hedia's plea. Walking over, she smiles and holds out her hands in a gesture of peace. "Relax. No one is leaving. I'm Discord, by the way. Part of the City Guard." I hate the lie, but it's the only way, she thought to herself.
Lady~Silivren
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 05:49
Silivren listened quietly as everyone spoke. She was making mental notes of who she could possibly befriend and who she needed to stay away from.
Tolkien Alliance? she thought, glancing around her. She had realized that it had gotten quieter all of a sudden, and she could now see that many of the guards had left the area.
Probably to go train or finish their armor, she thought.

"The orcs that are attacking... Where are they?" she asked politely, hoping not to get on anybody's nerves. The last thing she needed now was to draw attention to herself. After all, she did steal one of the guards' swords, and with much difficulty. She had been sitting on it earlier, but now it was in her left hand behind her back.

"If anybody needs any help, please let me know. I have fought before, and I have seen what orcs can do to people.
For now, I'm gone. I will return later."

Before she would let anybody answer, she was gone. For now she had to get herself ready for battle, if they wanted her or not.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 06:22
Goliath then said to Hedia "Don't worry, nobody is going to throw you out. We need all the help we can get. I'm not supposed to be here really. I came here for a visit and heard tha the place would under attack so I decided to stay and help fight."
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2005 03:20
Tiradan saw the other people seemed to have things under control and slipped away from the conversation. He didn't much like people, and the sudden apperance of so many made him uncomfortable. He walked back to his guild, clearly marked by the pendants on their necks. He just hoped that no one would try to talk to him again.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 08:56
Quietly did Verian sit in the street. She leaned against the white wall behind her where the bright sun had warmed up the stones. She looked at her baby sister, who was playing with two of her friends. The maiden heard the girl laughing while she was chasing a little boy.

'Doria!' The little girl looked up and smiled at her sister. 'Stay close to me, will you?' Doria nodded and yelled at the boy, who was still running away as fast as his small legs could carry him.

Verian paid her attention again on the blue dress she hold in her hands. One of the sleeves began to come off and carefully did she re-establish it. Once in awhile she raised her eyes and checked on Doria, and after she had seen that everything was still okay, she'd smile to the girl and went on with her work.
It took her about an hour to finish the dress, and once she was done she smiled happily and began to gather the stuff she had used. 'You've got to say goodbye now, Doria.' She said, while she was looking for a needle. 'Finally.' She muttered to herself. Then she turned around and found the place where she expected her little sister empty. 'Doria?' She asked, but there was no response. 'Doria?!' Verian repeated, louder this time. She took the stuff in arms and walked through the fourth level of the White City, constantly repeating the name of the child. After awhile she walked into the Tolkien Alliance. She had heard they were coming but didn't know they had already arrived. Every other time she would have shown some interest, but right now all she cared about was finding Doria.

After she had find her way through the Alliance she noticed the blond hair of one of Doria's friends. Happily did she ran to him and she knelt in front of him. 'Where's Doria?' She asked him, and the little boy pointed his finger to a guy behind him. 'Come with me.' Verian grabbed his hand and walked to the guy he had pointed to. In front of the him the little girl was sitting with her other friend. 'Doria!' Did she yell happily. She let the hand of the boy go, put down her stuff and embraced her baby sister. 'You've scared me, Doria.' She whispered, while she stroke Doria's brown hair. Then, she turned to the man standing next to them. He wasn't dressed like the members of the Tolkien Alliance were, but he was standing so close to them that she presumed he was one of them as well. 'I'm sorry if they've troubled you. I didn't look for one second and before I knew it they were gone.' A couple of hairs were escaped from the bun on her head and she pulled them behind her ears while she grabbed her sisters hand with her left hand, the dress and such still lying on the ground.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 03:44
DIscord smiles at everyone. "Again, no one is going anywhere. The city is on complete lockdown due to the seiges. ANd thank you, by the way. We can use all the help we can get. The City Guard is swamped trying to prevent anyone leaving or entering the city." SHe sweeps into a curtsy. "Again, I am Discord, at your service." She thinks. "Perhaps you can be of more assistnce to me then I originally thought. Care to hear more?"

((This may be confusing. Discord is explaned better in her bio. CHeck it out to clear matters up))
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2005 09:21
Hedia wasn't fond of the fact that she was trapped in the human city. Faula, sensing her discomfort started nuzzling her friend in hope of comforting her. "I am willing to listen," Hedia said, hoping that she didn't sound rude, "and I might help, if I can.Though I also want to defend this place. So if I can do both, I will." Hedia tried to calm her nerves.[i]What I'm I getting in to?I shouldn't be offering assistance to these people, I don't even know them. And when did I become scared of being trapped? I know I haven't always been like this.Oh right, then.[i] Hedia thought, hoping that no one nearby could pick up on her thoughts.

[Edited on 10/7/2005 by kerovian_astronema]
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 04:54
DIscord smiles. "Perfect. ANd thank you." SHe take a deep breath, and begins. "Here's the truth:I'm not a Guard. I'm not even from here. I am from Mirkwood. I am a bounty hunter. I have been searching for a criminal for about ten years now. I recieved a tip off that he was here. I arrived just as the city was placed on lockdown. I need to find this criminal soon. ANd I need help for this, because I must continue posing as a guard. ANy help would be apreciated,"

((Anyone besides kerovian_astronema feel free to chime in here))
dark_strider_dragon_rider
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2005 06:25
( Hey I am going to be joining this thread with my charecter Artor. I hope that this is OK.)

Artor had heard all of the happenings and walked over to the group and said to Discord " Hello I am Artor Night-Wraith and I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. So you say you are from Mirkwood and hunt a criminal. I have heard that story before from many people. Sometime it is the truth, and sometimes it is a lie where in fact the one we are talking to is the criminal and the other is the bounty hunter, and yet still other times they have both been criminals who are helping each other get much more money then if the story they told was the truth. So how do these people know that they can trust you." Artor awaited a response and was very happy he had chose to make his wings disapear for a while, because if he hadn't they might not have trusted him.
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 03:38
Tiradan listened to the men talking about battle plans, then he felt a tug on his trouser leg. He looked down. There was a little girl, she looked around a bit timidly. He knelt down.
"Are you lost?" he asked gently, she nodded. He stood up again, looking around for whoever the child belonged to. He felt a bit nervous though, sooner or later he would have to talk to someone, he hated talking to people.
A young woman rushed up to him, and pulled the little girl into an embrace.
"You've scared me, Doria."She whispered, while she stroke Doria's brown hair. Then, she turned to Tiridan. "I'm sorry if they've troubled you. I didn't look for one second and before I knew it they were gone." ((Hope you don't mind me quoting you.))
"It was no trouble at all." he said quietly.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 09:31
(( OOC: Of course not Nevaeh, go ahead ))

"Good." The maiden answered, calm again now she had found the children. "We should be going." She said. Doria glanced at the guy and then looked at her sister. She turned to the man again and muttered: "When will I see you again?". Verian smiled to the guy and picked up the girl. "He has other things to do, Doria my dear." Doria looked at the man who was just standing there. "He isn't doing anything." She pouted. "Not now, no. But he has important things to do, and he can't have a five-year-old with that. Come hon, we really have to go now." She put down the girl and grabbed her hand again. With the other one she beckoned the little boy and girl Doria had been playing with. She nodded and smiled slightly to the man as farewell, then she turned around and with three children under her charge she tried to find her way again through the Tolkien Alliance, completely forgetting about the dress and such, which were still lying on the ground in front of the man.

When she had brought Doria's friends home again, they climbed up the stairs till the next level. There, she left her little sister behind with her mother and Verian herself went to the stables to check on her horse.

When she entered the stables all kind of noises welcomed her. The loud scraping of hoofs and the soft breezing, a whinny once in awhile and the restless rustling of straw. After a yard or three she saw the familiar nose she was looking for. A brown stallion looked attentive to the ones entering the stables and he whinnied happily when he recognized his friend. Verian smiled and petted his nose, she removed some of the single brown hairs in his white blaze and opened the stable door. Inside, she checked on his hoofs and tried to get the tangles out of his tail. She leaned to the wall and closed her eyes, enjoying the coolness of the stables and the company of her horse.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 11, 2005 03:34
( Hey I am going to be joining this thread with my charecter Artor. I hope that this is OK.)

Artor had heard all of the happenings and walked over to the group and said to Discord " Hello I am Artor Night-Wraith and I couldn't help but overhear your conversation. So you say you are from Mirkwood and hunt a criminal. I have heard that story before from many people. Sometime it is the truth, and sometimes it is a lie where in fact the one we are talking to is the criminal and the other is the bounty hunter, and yet still other times they have both been criminals who are helping each other get much more money then if the story they told was the truth. So how do these people know that they can trust you." Artor awaited a response and was very happy he had chose to make his wings disapear for a while, because if he hadn't they might not have trusted him.

((Discord's weapons have a special brand marking her as a true bounty hunter. The kings marks...but she'll explain all that))

Discord smiles. "Yes, I am aware that many times this lie is told, but you can be sure that I am telling the truth by these." She reveals the hilts of her scimitars. They are branded with the kings symbols. "The symbols of the king of Mirkwood. AT least, he was the king when I left. I think Legolas may be king now...ANyway, only a true bounty hunter of Mirkwood would have these symbols on their weapons."
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 03:58
Goliath had sat down and began to polish his axes. He was listening to the othere converse. (sorry it's short. I'm not sure what to do.)
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 04:20
Tiradan looked at the blue dress the girl had left. He picked it up.
"Alamir, someone left this behind." he told the man. "I talked to her, but I don't know her name."
The man looked at young Tiridan. "Go ask around, they may recognize the dress." He nodded, that was a direct order, Alamir was having him talk to people.

After asking around a bit, he found out that the girl lived on the 5th level, he walked to the place where they said her house was. She was in the stables, he walked in timidly.
"You left this." he muttered. "I thought I'd return it to you."
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 07:38
A soft voice woke her up from her daydreams. "You left this, I thought I'd return it to you." She opened her eyes and looked to one the voice belonged to. She recognized the man at the same time she noticed the dress he was holding and smiled. She pushed softly to the stallion's shoulder and the horse moved away with a snort. Verian grinned and opened the stable door.

"Thank you." She said, while her smile lightened her face. "I must have left it when I finally found Doria, my little sister, again." Verian sighed slightly. "You must have had a hard time finding me. But I'm glad you did, it's one of my favourite dresses." She took over the dress. "You're a soldier of the Tolkien Alliance, aren't you? I'm glad you came to help out, the people of Gondor have suffered enough." She paused and shook her head, lost in thoughts.

"Anyway," Verian said, bringing herself back to earth. "My name is Verian, I would be delighted if you'd accept something to drink. It's a hot day and it's the least I could do." She smiled. "I don't know about you, but I could sure use a drink and my home is nearby." At that moment the stallion began to scrape with his hoofs, begging for attention. The maiden turned to the horse and petted his nose, but then she turned to the guy again and added "Unless of course you have to go back to your duty."
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 12:11
Tiradan was almost about to decline her offer, but he then thought of Alamir, who was constantly sending him places that he had to do a lot of talking. Maybe he could get in a bit of practice, the young woman looked very nice, she seemed a few years older than him, but she was pretty.

"I'd love to. I'm Tiradan, by-the-way." He said, giving her a half-smile, only a ghost of a smile. She led him into her house and poured him some sort of cold drink, he tasted it, though the flavor was alien to him, it tasted very good. He tried to think of something to say, just to strike up a conversation.

"Have you ever wished that you were born as someone else?" He said without really thinking. Then felt ashamed, realized the question was a bit personal, something he had dwelt on for most of his life. He felt a blush rise in his face, but saw that Verian was considering the question.
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2005 04:53
"Who are you looking for, milady?"Hedia asked tentatively."And what does the person look like?"Hedia stood waiting for Discord's response all the while stroking Faula for comfort. Hedia did her best to keep her nerves from showing, because she didn't want to appear weak in the human territory. She knew that if anyone payed close enough attention, it would be obvious how terrified she was. She kept from running, because that would just alert them sooner of her fears.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 05:24
Verian smiled slightly when he accepted her offer and led him into her house. She looked around, expecting to see the brown hairs and the clear voice of Doria, but the little girl wasn't at home. The maiden drew up her shoulders; her mother had probably taken the girl outside.

She grabbed two cups and poured a bit of some cold fluid, one of them did she slide to Tiradan on the other end of the table and she drank a bit herself of the other one. The young man looked nervous and it was as if he was trying to say something, but couldn't find the words. She didn't help him out; there was no need for him to be afraid, but the only way for him to realize that was by letting him find out on his own.

"Have you ever wished that you were born as someone else?" He eventually asked. She hadn't expect this question, but it did make her think. "No..." She said after awhile. "Well, I mean, of course there have been times I wished things would be different, but I'm pretty content with what I've got. You see, everyone knows times of trouble and happiness. They make you to who you are. You can't help the fact that you have to deal with some problems, but you do have a choice how to deal with them."

The maiden looked at him with her thoughtful, grey eyes. "Why do you want to be someone else?" She asked eventually.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2005 02:41
"Who are you looking for, milady?"Hedia asked tentatively."And what does the person look like?"Hedia stood waiting for Discord's response all the while stroking Faula for comfort. Hedia did her best to keep her nerves from showing, because she didn't want to appear weak in the human territory. She knew that if anyone payed close enough attention, it would be obvious how terrified she was. She kept from running, because that would just alert them sooner of her fears.

Discord smiles at the girl. "PLease, m'lady sounds so formal. I am naught but a simple bounty hunter. Then one I am looking for is Legolas' twin brother. Normally, his rank would clear him of crimes, but murder is a crime that is not forgiven by the elves, no matter your place in society. He may have an alias, I don't know, but his true name is Loriéoré. If you would be so kind as to help me, I can help you with anything you need. Passage out of the city? Done. An audience with the king? Granted. ANything you need, name it. A favor for a favor."

((Okay, kerovian, you'll recognize the name of the criminal. And Discord's "favor for a favor" thing is explained in the db.))
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 06:02
The maiden looked at him with her thoughtful, grey eyes. "Why do you want to be someone else?" She asked eventually.

Tiradan gulped, he had sent out the question that would come back to him, and bring out the deepest part of his soul. He was quiet for a few moments, thinking how he could answer.

"Yes. I do, almost every day." he replied. She was a kind person, he could trust her with some of his soul. "If you haven't noticed, I'm really quiet. It's because of my childhood, which wasn't a good experience."

He heard a voice shouting outside: "ALL T.A. TO THEIR POSTS!! ALL T.A. TO THEIR POSTS!!! THE ORCS ARE ATTACKING!!!"

Tiradan stood up quickly. "Thank you, for the drink." he rushed outside and down to the next level. with quick movements he threw on his armor and prepared himself for the battle to come.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 06:51
He answered her prudently and she let him speak without interrupting him. She smiled to make him feel at ease and filled the cups again.

Just when he was about to tell her a bit more about himself, a loud voice began to shout: "ALL T.A. TO THEIR POSTS!! ALL T.A. TO THEIR POSTS!!! THE ORCS ARE ATTACKING!!!"

The boy immediately stood up. "Thank you, for the drink." He said and Verian nodded as goodbye while he rushed outside.

She sighed when she was alone again. She had hoped that somehow the rumours were false and that all those guards where here for nothing, but she had always known that that was a stupid thing to think. Eventually she rushed outside to find her mother and sister, but Doria came running towards her already and the little girl ran into her when she wasn't even ten yards removed from her house. "Where is mother?" Did the maiden ask. "To the Houses of Healing, Verian." The sisters went inside again. Doria's answer made perfectly sense; their mom was a nurse and on days like these they needed every nurse there was in the city.
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 04:36
"Chances are you couldn't give me what I want, but I'll do my best to help you," Hedia said. Then when people started ordering the T.A. around, she grabbed her sword and started trying to figure out the best way to counter the attack. Faula started growling mencingly, waiting for Hedia's orders.
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 05:19
Discord smiles wider. "Chances are , I could. Unless the elven king died or whatever in the last ten years, I'm in great standing with him. Of course, if it's Legolas, I'm screwed. But anyway-" she was cut off by the attack. "Oh, wonderful." SHe grabs her weapons and begins fighting, all the while keeping an eye out for her bounty.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 06:12
Goliath heard the announcement that the Orcs where attacking. He jumped up and said "Finally, we can get some action!" He then looked over the wall and said "C'mon Orcs, I'm ready for ya'."
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2005 06:34
Tiradan watched as ladders began swing up to the walls, he kicked as many off as he could, but was having trouble, they were coming too fast. He managed to kill quite a few, his fellow T.A. were doing very well in assisting the Gondorian soldiers, he crossed his arms in front of his chest and muttered a few words, blue flames scorched the nearest orc. ((See his pic in the DB)) He couldn't do that one more than once every few hours, but he could sent small electric shocks down his sword whenever he struck an enemy.

Something hit the back of his head, he stumbled forward, right into an orc's attack, the broad end of the sword hit him across the head, and the sharp end cut his cheek on the back slash, he fell unconcious to the ground. Luckily, the orc took him for dead.
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2005 04:59
Hedia decided that she could be of most help if she used her bow, so she climbed up a building and started shooting them from the roof."Faula you'll be of most help on the ground. Don't worry about me. I'll be careful." She told her wolf friend. While she was firing at the orcs, she saw Tiradan get hit in the head by what looked like a human.She made mental note of what the man looked like. She then started firing her arrows at the orcs near Tiradan to try and keep him safe, until someone could get to him to help, just in case the orcs figured out that he wasn't dead.
kerovian_astronema
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 08:03
Suddenly, to Hedia's surprise, the orcs started retreating. As soon as things appeared safe, she jumped off of the roof and ran over to Tiradan. He was still out cold. She picked him up with little difficulty and looked around for someone to help.

After a while of walking she found Discord, "Excuse me, milady. Do you know somewhere safe for unconscious people like him to go? I don't know my way around here very well."
willowluvstara13
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2005 08:57
DIscord smiles. "Yes. COme with me."

(SOrry so short couldn't think of anything else to write)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email