Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Living in Silence
on: November 11, 2005 03:26
Larewen smiled and then found a source to stay for a while.
She sat down near a fire, where someone was telling tales.
She listened to them till tiredness took over and she fell asleep

The next morning she woke up, and made herdelf ready to go. She was coming with them to Edoras...
Dire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 10:56
He slept little that night nightmares would not allow him any peace but before the dawn would come Braxen was awake. The slow lanterns of light shone of a reddish hue against the tanned skin of his bare chest as he glanced down upon his family. They slept so peacefully, he would not wake them.

With his shirt in one hand he went to each of his children, placed his hand to their cheeks lovingly as a sad look came upon his face.
This might be the last time he ever saw them.

The realization hit him hard but he would continue. Pressing his lips to Celest's cheek he turned to leave the tent and to retrieve his armor.

Soon enough Iberias was barded and the soldier armored for the journey, in a pack at the horse's saddle was some supplies and his long sword rested at a sheat on the other side. Braxen was leading the stallion away when yipping caused him to turn around, there he saw Thorn trotting toward him and Celest standing by the tent. Her arms were folded across her chest and her eyes so full of pain, in an instant that changed and she ran to him, straight into his arms.

"We'll wait for you." she said as tears streamed down her cheek, "Always."

Braxen sighed as he ran his fingers through her hair, kissing her on the forehead, "You three will always be in my thoughts Celest, no matter what."
Their embrace was short but lasted so long and soon Celest backed away watching her husband lead the silver bay stallion away.
Thorn would follow his master for this journey.

###########

Most of the camp still slept when Braxen asked those awake where he could find Nindeth, soon he was standing above her.
"Nindeth." he whispered and with a gentle prodding to wake her, "We must go."

Already he had found Jakelyn and sent the boy to get the healer and the elf. Even Larewen it seemed was going to join them on their journey, a good group indeed.

Soon they would be leaving their own behind, and trekking the long road to Edoras.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 11:59
Jaklyn shivvered. For some reason, he was cold. He wondered how Mary was. He tugged the stallion into the group and rode in silence...in thought.

Mary grinned her pretty smile and said, "I'm Mary. My brother isn't here, but he usually plays all kinds of stuff with me as long as my papa isn't hitting us." she said this as though it were nothing special and any normal thing.

((I'll wait for us to get to gRandel))
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 12:05
Larewen saw Braxen in his embrace with his wife, and thoughts of all the living soldiers leaving their relatives behind, might not return, so that even more people would grieve over the deaths of loved ones.
Larewen had seen his children, and it hurt her to see that he had to leave them behind.

As Larewen gave a friendly nod towards Celest and then rode on towards Braxen.
"I am coming with you to Edoras. Are there many soldiers coming?" She asked him, looking back at all the sleeping bodies sprawled over the floor.
"What is the exact plan? Get more men to take over Minas Tirith?"
~Celebwen~of~Ithilien~
Altariel's Sky Painter
Send Message
on: November 12, 2005 03:40
''Nindeth, we must go.'' She moaned softly and opened her eyes, squinting to the light of the day. ''What...'' Over her leaned Braxen, who awoken her. ''Go? Oh, right, yes of course,'' she mumbled, stumbling into reality. She brushed her hands across her face, waking herself up, and looked about the camp. Most were stil a sleep, lying together in group to share warmth and use one another as a pillow. Few were awake, or awakening, for the day was yet to begin. With a start, she looked to her side, where Nadúon had sat all night; he was no longer there. She rose to her feet with help from Braxen and brushed the dust and dirt off her dress. Her eyes kept searching for the dark head, hoping to see him again. ''Is everyone awake?'' she asked him. Before he could answer her, though, something else took up her attention. From behind Braxen, Nadúon appeared, holding something in his hands. He smiled softly upon her as he unfolded the bundle, revealing a midnight blue cape he was known to wear. ''You should not leave without this,'' he said, placing it losely on her shoulders. ''You were in too much a hurry to take your own, and you cannot leave without one,'' he continued, answering her unspoken question. She nodded thankfully, knowing he was right. Nadúon moved to stand behind her and placed his hand on her small shoulders. Over her head, his eyes locked with Braxen, the grey eyes calm. After a moment, he inclined his head in a sign of respect to the warrior.
''We should go then,'' Nindeth started, but at that moment, a woman on horseback came trodding towards them. "I am coming with you to Edoras. Are there many soldiers coming? What is the exact plan? Get more men to take over Minas Tirith?" She could tell this woman was a warrior too, so she decided to leave it up to the two of them. ''I will ready my horse,'' she said, walking straight past the woman to where she had left her grey, Nadúon walking easily behind her to see her out. With no trouble, she zeroed in one the daple grey, though she had only ridden it once; while she saddled him, the man spoke to the animal softly. She fastened the sack with medications and bandages to her saddle and tied it tightly as not too lose it, for it was of great importance. When all was done, she smoothly glide into the saddle. Nadúon stepped back a bit. ''Arambar will do well,'' he said, naming the anonymous steed. She nodded to him, and steered Arambar to the gathering group, waiting to leave fro Edoras.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 05:01
Jakelyn turned toward Braxen to hear what the plan was. The mountains were so close. He could smell rock.

Grandel shifted and then stood up. Something or someone was definately approaching. It was too loud to miss. She shivered as he walked, stumbleing over a few loose rocks. Then he found a good spot and backed himself into a shaft so that he would be hidden and he could see if someone came along.
Dire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 06:38
Braxen saw that they were all together, "Stay together, the mountains are treacherous." he warned them with one forlorn glance back at the woman who waved back to him. The sadness in her eyes broke his heart.

"Jakelyn, you will take the flank, keep the horses moving and make sure none fall behind."

The soldier turned Iberias causing the silver bay stallion to snort. It was a chilly morning, the mountains caused the air to grow colder then usual.
So cool it was the horses' breath misted within the air as they breathed out. But Braxen knew it would grow colder, "come Mistfall." he said tapping Iberias on the shoulder and urging the sleepy horse to move. Mistfall in turn moved forward, her mottled grey coat shivering from the chill as she followed the stallion, her back carrying the supplies needed for all during the journey. Thorn ran beside the horses, sometimes straying from the party to chase the occasional rabbit or fox, but he would remain loyal and never stray to far.

It was their first day's journey for the soldier the day seemed like it was never going to end, feeling the sun beat down against his armor was comforting to say the least. He wore his hair down and long it helped keep the warmth against his neck, a long blue cape fell past his shoulders and covered the stallion's barded haunches.

Iberias himself kept a steady walk, even with the ground taking on a more unbalanced surface. Luckily he had been shod that night, his hooves were ready for the journey and so was he.
Braxen did not notice that Thorn had run ahead of the group, he caught the scent of something alive, and it was no vermin. Padded paws clapped against the rocky surface as his nose hit the ground, with his tail wagging Thorn was certain of it. Someone else was out here. The big grizzled wolfhound followed the scent trail until he finally found where the source had gone.
He barked and cautiously made a move toward the figure huddled in the crevice. In a friendly way his tone lightened and his sounds became light whimpers because Thorn could smell the blood and a slight bit of fear.

##################

"Khurfak sends us to get the wretch." Durmog hissed as he glared at the other orc who was to accompany him on their mission. "Bring back the man or else." he mocked as he licked a dry cracked lip, "Let 'im rot for all I would care."

It was then that the dark orc stopped and looked around. "The man dog is gone!"
Durmog growled, pushing his grey hair back and stomping his heavy fur covered foot into the dirt where Grandel had once lay, as his eyes were looking about the orc saw where the grass had been parted and blood droplets fell.
A morbid grin formed on the orc's face.

Soon they were away from the encampment, climbing into the mountain path.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 07:10
((ooooo..the orcs dared to cross over to the mountains...)):evil:

Grandel pressed himself deeper into the crevice until his back was hurting. Then the dog's barks became softer and not so aggressive.
Grandel dared to pull out of the crevice. He knelt down and let the dog sniff at his bloody hand.

Jakelyn nodded and pulled his stallion backwards. The horse was reluctant and began chomping on his bit.
"Stop it." Jakelyn ordered. He knew horses and how their minds worked. The stallion imedeately put his ears forward at attention.

Dire
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 07:42
((Hehe, they aren't happy about it, trust me.. ))

Thorn's ears lifted from the sides of his head as his large wet nose sniffed at the strange man. At first the wolfhound snorted away the scent, it was not man scent but a stench far worse the fish that had been sitting in the sun for far too long.

It was orc..

Spinning his body about the wolfhound tried to speak to the man, to tell him where others of his kind would be found. He barked, howled and paced around and in certain intervals went back to the man and sat against him.

Bracken heard the familiar howl as it carried with the wind, urging his strong mount forward at a slightly faster pace the soldier kept an ear out, to follow the wolfhound.

((I don't wanna move to fast. But we found Grandel, well Thorn did anyways. ))
Sigilien
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 15, 2005 11:51
Larewen looked at Braxen moving forward. He hadn't answered her... maybe a sign for her to get lost.
She sighed and looked in the distance to see why the dog had been barking.
Suddenly a hawks cry could be heard.
She looked up and saw it circling above her. Then it flew down and sat badly on the front of the saddle. It sqawked at her and she smiled. She recongnised the ring around its paw and the sign upon it. She looked around in the group but she didnt see the person she was looking for.
Then her eyes fell upon two figures far ahead on the mountain path.
She let out a happy cry and spurred her horse to get to the two figures quickly.
She sped past Braxen and yelled to him"New good company!"

She let her horse halt suddenly in front of the two companions.
"Rhuanion! My friend!"
The hawk, who had flown of abrubtly when Larewen started off towards them, was now flying towards them, a bit annoyed.
The elf healer put his arm in the air so the hawk could land on it.
"Larewen! I havnt seen you for quite a while, how are you?"
He made a gesture towards his companion and said: "This is Mercurion, one of the Gondorian captains of Minas Tirith. Mercurion, this is Larewen, and old friend of mine."
"I am not that old..." Larewen joked but then her face clouded.
"I must tell you some very bad news, I must tell both of you, because this concerns your city Mercurion..."
She paused for a moment, thinking how to tell the news about Minas Tirith.
Meanwhile Rhuanions face turned serious, and Mercurion's eyes fell upon the dark line of people far behind Larewen.
His face stood grim.
"It is really bad news... I dont know if you have seen it allready, but those people behind me are refugees from Minas Tirith... The city has been taken by Orcs and Uruks... I am sorry to have to say this..."
She fell silent again, not knowing how to add more to the news that wouldnt make it worse allready.
Mercurions eyes were cold. "I am sorry, but if you will excuse me, I must see if my family is there." He said sadly, and he rode towards the large group of people.
Rhuanion stayed behind with Larewen. "Lets go back a bit... I will need to tell Braxen that you two arrived." Larewen said. Rhuanion nodded, not sure what to say.

[this took somewhat five minutes]

Mercurion rode back to the line of refugees, with a slow pace, because he was afraid. Afraid that his family wouldnt be there. That his father, his mother in law, his sister in law, his son and his wife wouldnt be there.

He rode past the crevice and saw Braxen talking to someone.
"Soldier! Could you tell me what happened back there? I am one of the captains, I would like to know, my family lived back there..." He didnt know the rank of Braxen, so he hoped that he wouldnt be offended or something.
Mercurion decided to dismount his horse. That would show a bit more respect towards both Braxen and that someone.
"I am sorry if I seem rude, but I just heard, and I am very scared that I have noone to return to. And I have just heard that I lost my home..." He stared at the ground, his hand on the sides of his head.

Larewen and Rhuanion arrived, but they stayed silent, and stood still a few metres away from Mercurion.
Legadriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 09:47
Jakelyn was growing impatiant. The slower they went the less time there was for Grandel. The sound of a dog filled the canyon. His brow furrowed. Was that Thorn?

Grandel stared at the animal makeing movements and barking. He stood up and looked at the hound. "Lead the way." he gestured.
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 10:07
(( All please check out the OOC :rolling: ))
Sarobandago
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2005 04:26
(I checked!)

"Do you have any relations to go to Aranna?" Verian asked her. "No, well at least not here. I have an Aunt and Uncle in Rivendell, but nowhere around here." Aranna replied.

(Umm, thats all I really have to say.)

(-Saro)
Nevaeh__Elenath
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 23, 2005 09:41
Tiradan had been very quiet for this whole time, no one had noticed him following then from a distance.

He had woken up in the Houses of Healing and left instantly, looking for the man who had hit him, but he had long gone. He heard the plans to leave Minas Tirith and knew that's were he had to go.

There was something about Verian that attracted Tiradan, not in a love way, but in a friendly way, no one had ever managed to open Tiradan like that. He only hoped that she still knew who he was.

((Er, sorry, I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but I think I have an idea. I'll try to keep up now!!))
~Mirilien~Undómiel~
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: January 11, 2006 04:55
(( OOC: I hope it's alright I used Aranna a little, Sero, so we could catch up with the others. I'll edit it if you want to ))

"I have an Aunt and Uncle in Rivendell, but nowhere around here." The elf said to her. "Well..." She hesitated, but then decided to go along with her original thought. "We're riding to Edoras to seek help for Minas Tirith. Do you feel like going along?" The eyes of the girl lit up and she nodded. Verian smiled. "You'd better go find something to eat and get some rest now then; we're leaving at dawn." The young woman rose and dusted some dirt of her dress. She turned around and walked away, a few yard further she stopped and turned her face at Aranna again. "You can ride with me again, make sure you're ready." With a quick pace she went to where she had left her horse. The mare stood silent and barely moving, she slowly turned her head to the place where the sound of Verian's footsteps came from and snorted softly. The maiden smiled and petted her neck. "Hello beauty," she whispered. "I think I should think of a name for you, we're gonna spend a lot of time together." She leaned against the horse and tried to stifle a yawn. "I wonder how Caeron is doing." She closed her eyes and felt how the pain of the lost of one of her closest friends took over her body and soul. Verian shuddered and took a step back, she fought against the tears in her eyes and run away to the closest campfire, where she lay down and fell asleep.

Then next morning she woke before sunrise. It took a while before she realised where she was, but then she immediately stood up and went to make the horse ready. Not soon after she had started saddling the mare the elven maiden turned up behind her. "Goodmorning." Verian greeted her. "We're leaving soon, have you got everything?" The maiden nodded and together they did the last couple of things to make also the mare ready to go. "I see Nindeth and the others there, I think we can go now." The maidens mounted, Verian in the front and Aranna behind her, and then stepped to the rest of the group. As soon as everybody was ready they went on their way.

After having rode for hours the grey mare suddenly refused to go on. She began to whinny and jumped to the side. The maiden tried everything she could but nothing would work and at the meantime she and Aranna were getting further and further away from the group. At the end Verian dismounted and checked on her hoofs. In one of them she noticed a little stone and when she touched the hoof, the mare immediately reacted by taking back her leg. "Come, if you let me help you it won't hurt that much anymore." She tried everyting to make the horse trust her enough to give her hoof and after awhile she finally let her remove the stone. The maiden mounted and with a quick gallop they managed to catch up with the others.

Sarobandago
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2006 09:28
(That was great! Thats fine that you used Aranna. I don't mind. now that we're caught up though. What next?)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email