Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All Shall Fade (Still looking for new members. Please PM first.)
on: July 18, 2005 01:13
Verya looked at the other elleth as she introduced herself, and she nodded slightly. "I'm glad to meet you, Asea. My name is Verya." she replied softly, and looked down.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 01:36
Bre remained silent, her eyes firmly plotted on her arm chains. They were rather light for being what they were. She exhaled and looked over to the one she and Verya would be tending to.

What made this one so special? Special powers perhaps. She thoughtfully shrugged her shoulders then introduced herself as soon as Verya had done so. "And I am Bre, it will be a pleasure serving you." Yes, a big, fat pleasure. Whee!

She shivered slightly and drew her arms across her chest to ease the chill feeling and to hopefully smooth the forming goosebumps.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 01:46
Asëa looked at the 2 women who would be tending to her and smiled. She hoped very much that she could gain their trust and perhaps friendship.

The younger woman seemed to be in deep thought. Seeing her shiver slightly, Asëa took a blanket off one of the chairs and offered it to Bre. She hoped that the 2 women would see it as some sort of offer of friendship.

Bre took the blaket with a doubtful look upon her face. Asëa saw this, but proceeded to say, "I am very glad to meet you, Verya and Bre. I hope that we may become friends."

At the dubious look the females gave her, she continued. "Please understand that I want to be here as little as you do. Perhaps we can arrange for those chains to be removed as long as you do not try to run."

She highly doubted that this would be allowed, but she desperately wanted their friendship and not their loathing. She figured Callon had to come around again soon and she could inquire then.

[Edited on 18/7/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 01:52
Verya sighed softly, and looked at Asea. "I doubt that they'll allow us to remove these chains.... If that's the case, I think I can live with them for a while." she offered with a shrug, and hid a wince as she moved her shoulder too far.

[Edited on 7/18/2005 by SylvanElf2931]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:08
Bre stared silently at the blanket, longing to warm herself with it but decided not to; she would be warm in a matter of time now. Biting into her lower lip, she placed the blanket back on Asëa's bed then scooted nerviously a few paces behind Verya.

It was always her nature to be doubtful and hesitant, and even sometimes shy. Her fingers meshed together, fidgeting nerviously then were swooped into her shallow pockets.

"We can live with the chains," she whispered finally. "They aren't too heavy and we can mmove well enough in them. I'm quite sure we'll be fine."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:16
"Oh, well..." Asëa said as she felt her attempts at kindness easily brushed off by these women. Thinking about it, she realized the perhaps they had a reason to be distrustful of her.

She just hoped that in time they would trust her better. She would just have to keep trying.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:28
Verya stared intently at the floor, caught up in her own thoughts. She then sighed and said, "Forgive me for being distrustful of you, Asea...I know you're only trying to help, and I'm sorry."
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:34
Bre looked back up and over to Verya; why would one apologize for being distrustful? Perhaps they thought it rude or something. She shrugged her shoulders and exhaled.

Many times people thought she was mute as she was always quiet, save on a few occassions. Silent and hesitant she backed herself against the wall and slid down until she was sitting comfortably on the floor, knees drawn up to her chest and her arms wrapped around her knees, protectively.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:43
Asëa watched as Bre backed against the closest wall and sank to the floor with her arms wrapped around her knees in a protective gesture.

She decided that she would allow the younger woman to stay that way and that she would allow Bre to make any offers of friendship from then on. Perhaps that was the way to gain her trust and friendship for Asëa did not want to force herself on either of her new companions.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:48
Verya watched Bre for a moment as well, then turned away. She jumped slightly as she shivered suddenly, and she sighed inwardly. She knew the infection must be getting gradually worse, but she kept silent about it, not wanting to show her vulnerable side.

[Edited on 7/19/2005 by SylvanElf2931]
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 02:59
Every so often Bre would look up and stare curiously from Asëa to Verya and then most likely to the floor Gradually she brought herself to watch the two in longer time spans and in this she watched Verya jump.

At this she smiled and then chuckled a bit before gathering back onto her feet and laning herself nerviously next to her and somewhat quietly whispering. "Does it still hurt? It does, doesn't it?" She nodded, barely giving the girl any time to answer. "Perhaps you should tell Asëa, she cold help you most likely."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 03:04
Asëa saw Verya's reaction to Bre's behavior.

Suddenly, Bre stood up and she saw the younger woman whisper to Verya.

She also had noticed the slight shiver. Unsure of herself, she made the quick decision to try extending the hand of friendship once more to Verya, who seemed more willing to take it.

"Are you alright?" Asëa asked Verya quietly. "You don't look very well." She hoped that the other woman would see that her concern was real.
SylvanElf2931
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 03:08
Verya sighed inwardly and turned to Asea. Feeling suddenly weak, she dropped to one knee and looked back up at the other elleth. Against her better judgement, Verya decided to trust her for the time being. "I think I've got an infected shoulder wound..." she said softly and pulled her tunic away from her shoulder, then pulled the bandages away from the wound, and winced when she saw that the red tinge was more noticeable now.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 03:22
"Whoa," Bre murmered and took a slight step backwards. "That's infected, I have to admitte." Intently her eyes grazed over the wound before she stood up straight again and glanced to Asëa with hesitant eyes. "Can you help her?"

(( I have 1 or 2 posts left for today...))

[Edited on 19/7/2005 by the1smeagle]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 03:25
"Her wound is too infected for me to help her much," Asëa said after making Verya sit in a chair and examining her wound. "I'm going to try getting some help from someone in this accursed place. Hang on."

She ran over to the door and called a servant she saw in the hall. She told them that she needed a healer at once as one of her servants was ill.

She had no idea who would come, but she hoped desperately that someone who knew how to heal would come. She was very concerned about Verya.

Shutting the door and returning to her companions, she said, "If no one comes, I will do what I can to heal it. For now, I will try to get rid of the infection, though I don't know how much I can help you."

[Edited on 19/7/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 04:44
Callon heard the bell in the prisoner's room. Blast it all to Angband, he thought. He motioned for a guard to take his place. "If anyone comes through that door, knock him out, bind him and leave in my chambers to deal with later," he instructed. "Under no circumstances are you to kill him."

He rushed off to see what it was that the elleth needed. Surely she couldn't be displeased with her new serving girls. He unlocked the door and saw, to his shock, one of the sitting down with her shoulder exposing a horrifying wound. "I'll fetch a healer," was all he said.

He returned shortly with a small graying mortal woman with a pouch full of herbs. "Laurelas will tend to her," he said. After a moments pause, he added "I think it would be a bit easer if I knew your names. I am Callon, right hand man-er-Elf of Lord Umion. And you are?"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 04:55
Asëa smiled a little to herself and chuckled inwardly. Obviously, Callon was not cruel like Umion.

"Asëa, the woman with powers so desired by Lord Umion. Though I am sure you know who I am," she stated softly. Despite herself, she felt as though she could trust this elf. "Thank you for helping." She smiled at him a little and hoped he would see how genuinely grateful she was for the help. She was very worried about Verya's condition.

[Edited on 19/7/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2005 06:59
The man had left, and Brondil waited a few minutes to be sure he hadn't noticed him. He tried to see into the dungeon cell directly under him, but to no avail. He punched his hand into the ground, and swore under his breath. "Verya?" He whispered. Hoping she would hear him, if she was still there. "Verya, are you there?" No answer. He was going to give up, but hedecided against it, someone must still be in the dungeon, but he didn't know where, and he knew he couldn't shout. There was only one thing left to do. "Verya, or whoever, if anyone is under this window, move." He whispered hoarsely. There was no sound, no shadow moved. Verya was gone.

Brondil went ahead with his plan, however. He took out his staff and closed his eyes. He had only done something similar to this once, and he was rotten at it. He said the incantation, moved his hand over the emerald in his staff and a pencil thin line shot out. He cut through the bars, though not as quietly as he had doped to be. Finally he had all the bars cut through and he hopped into the cell directly under him. Quickly he fixed the bars back into place, so nothing would look askew. He heard a gruff sneeze and he nearly jumped out of his skin. He tried the cell door, thankfully it was not locked, for there was no prisoner in the cell. He lit his emerald dimly and looked in every cell, happening on a bloke who's face was covered by his hood. He looked gruff, so Brondil left him alone. There were no more ladies in the cell. They must have all been taken. No one had heard any more than he had, so he didn't speak. He walked up a few steps, and took out his sword. He kept it ahead of him as he walked through the dungeon doors, he thought there must at least be some guard. He was correct, and the guard was ready for him. Brondil flashed his staff and temporarily blinded the man, but it only lasted a few seconds. He ran down teh hall and hid in the closest room he found that wasn't locked. It was the wine room. He dimmed his light and sat there, listening for footsteps.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 07:21
The girls began to chatter amongst themselves and Callon realized that he probably was not going to get their names anytime soon. Instead he headed out of the room and called back over his shoulder. "I'll bring some wine to dull the pain"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 08:22
Brondil sat with his ear plastered to the floor. He heard the man chase after him, but eventually give up and walk back to his post. After a while, however, he heard footsteps coming in the opposite direction. He put out his light and laid still, hoping they weren't headed for his closet. The footsteps stopped outside the door, and Brondil was able to see two feet just outside the door, and almost jumped when the door knob started to turn. Brondil quickly got up and ran to the door. He hid himself behind the door, and waited as the man opened the door. It was an Elf, from what he could tell, but he still didn't want to make himself seen, or heard.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 08:32
Asëa talked with Verya and Bre in the hopes of distracting Verya from the pain of her shoulder. Laurelas has treated and bandaged the wound, but she knew it still hurt.

While they were talking, Callon left with the promise of returning with some wine for Verya, though Asëa thought that they could all use some wine.

The girls chatted about their experiences in Lord Umion's wonderfully accomadating dungeon. They even managed to make a few jokes about it all. Asëa was happy to have been able to lighten their moods a little.

After half an hour, she wondered if Callon had forgotten the wine for if he were going to bring them some, she was sure he would have done so by now.

[Edited on 20/7/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 08:58
Callon heard the shuffling of feet just beyond the door to the wine room. He quickly grabbed an unlit torch to use as a club in case the person proved unfriendly. He opened the door, but did not step inside. "Show yourself," he ordered. "If you cooperate, perhaps I'll go easy on you and not notify Lord Umion."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2005 07:19
Brondil quickly considered his options, and decided the best would be to step out from behind the door. He wasted no time, and held his staff ahead of him, and clutched his sword hilt with the other, stepping into the veiw of Callon. He looked his possible opponent up and down, and held his ground. He wasn't a coward, and running wouldn't do any good, this Elf was in shape. He took his hand from his sword when the Elf didn't attack, but kept his staff poised in his hand, and his hood covering most of his face.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 05:48
"Let me guess, you're here to rescue some Elf that Lord Umion has captured and put in the dungeons?" He lowered the torch. "Well, if that's the case, then you'll be able to do so in due time. But for now, you'll have to do as I say. You're not the only one who wants to get out of this place with all possible speed."

Callon surveyed the hall to make sure no one was watching. Then he motioned for the hooded person to follow him.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 01:37
Brondil was taken aback at what the Elf had just told him. He followed him, quietly, not putting his guard down, and at every turn he would survey his surroundings, making sure no one was hiding. He was curious to know more about this Elf, who seemed genuine and not as evil as Brondil had expected. He soon found himself in what appeared to be some sort of office, as it had piles of paper on a large desk and a fireplace, which was currently without a fire. There wasn't any comfortable looking furniture, just a few sturdy chairs and a small bookshelf.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 02:17
Asëa grumbled to herself. Verya was still in pain and Callon still had not returned with any wine.

Walking across the room to the bed, she pulled the cord, which, if the last pull indicated anything, would cause Callon to return relatively quickly. She hoped he would bring wine without having to be reminded.

"Hopefully, wine will be brought soon, Verya." She could tell that the other woman was trying hard to conceal her pain.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2005 04:59
Callon walked to a closet and took out a uniform and gave it to the elf. "Put it on. As of now, you are to guard the door of Umion's 'special guest'. If she rings a bell, alert me immediately."

At that moment, a bell rang. "The bell just rang, sir." There was a hint of amusement in his eyes.

"Yes, yes, now wait here a moment." He left the room to quickly grab the wime and bolted back to his room. "Follow me," he ordered.

He took the elf to the room where the elleths were staying and opened the door. "Forgive my tardiness, ladies, but someone held me up," he said motioning to the elf beside him.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 07:58
((Um, sorry 'bout not being clearer about Brondil, but he is in fact a wizard, not an elf. Not a very experienced wizard, but he has no elvish blood, well, I'm sure way back he does, but not enough to have someone mistake him. Sorry for the confusion, I hope you understand, I mean no offense. Sorry again.))

Brondil quickly changed into the outfit, it fit, but was a little big, not enough for anyone to take notice, however. By the time he was glancing around for a mirror, Callon was at the door and told him to follow. Brondil wondered how conspicuous he looked, walking quickly behind some elf who had threatened him not an hour ago. He had to grin at his predicement, at least he hadn't left his staff in the room he had just been too.

Very soon, the elf stopped and opened the door without so much as a knock. He raised his eyebrows at the scene that unfolded before him. There were to elleths in chains and one of those two was kneeling near the bed, her dress pulled low from one of her shoulders, revieling a horrific wound. The third elleth looked worried for the elleth on the floor, but relieved for the wine. She quickly walked over to him and the elf standing beside him, not looking very happy at having to meet someone else.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 08:45
(Oops. Well, that can be remedied. )

The elleths, happy for the wine, gratefully accepted it, but kept their eyes warily on the person standing next to Callon. "Ladies this is....er...." he had never asked his name, he realized.

"Brondil," he answered.

"Yes, Brondil, the name escaped me. This edhel-"

"Wizard," he corrected.

"Wizard will be guarding your door Asëa." He glanced irritatedly at Brondil. "I will check up on you lot later. We have much to discuss." With that he abruptly left, leaving Brondil with the keys and dragging him out of the room. "Stand here and don't move," he ordered.
the1smeagle
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 09:05
Bre paced a bit. There was quite the nervious tenstion in the room. Where was the wine?! Had the man forgotten it. Again they rang the bell and this time, finally the man returned.

She immdiiately stopped her pacing and remained stone still, eyes wide and slowly blinking.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2005 09:19
((Oh, nicely done! ))

Brondil stiffened. "Sir, wait a second." Brondil said gruffly, before the elf had a chance to move away. "What is your name? I might need it, in case I am asked who placed me here, and why I will not be moved." He added sarcastically, "As it seems to have escaped me."
"Callon." The elf was irritated, and Brondil grinned at him. Causing Callon's face to flush a bit. He watched Callon turn and somewhat stomp away, and leaned lazily against the door, making sure it wasn't locked before he gently knocked and pushed it open.
"You must be Asëa," He whispered to the elleth that wasn't in shackles. She nodded, and stayed put. "You do not know me, but Prince Legolas has sent me too rescue you. I don't expect you will believe me right away, as you find me in this strange uniform. I have no idea what to do about this Callon elf as of yet, but he seems genuine. Oh no, I hear footsteps. If you'll excuse me." He silently closed the door and locked it, nonchalantly leaning against it, pretending to be nodding off.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 05:22
(OOC->Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I'm supposed to recieve an email when someone posts, but I haven't recieved anything in a while. DUH! So, please forgive me and here is my very belated post.)

Asëa grumbled when Callon opened the door. "It's polite to knock first." she muttered under her breath and scowled at the new person. Taking the wine from Callon, she brought it over to Bre and Verya. She smiled when Callon stumbled over the name of the wizard and tried to make it seem as though he had only forgotten his name. After introducing Brondil, Callon stationed him at the door and abruptly left.

Once they had left, Asëa turned to the other elleths in the room intent on talking about their current situation. Before they had a chance to talk much though, there was a soft knock on the door and Brondil poked his head into the room. When he asked if she was Asëa, she nodded confirmation, but remained in where she was standing. Legolas sent him?! Perhaps there was greater hope of getting out of this place. Then, just as suddenly as he had entered, he left again and she heard the click of the lock.

After a few moments, she knocked loudly on the door, hoping that he would open it so she could speak with him. "Brondil?!" She said loud enough for the man to hear, but quiet enough for anyone else to be oblivious of her voice.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2005 06:49
Brondil nearly fell from the door when he heard three obnoxiously loud knocks and a loud whisper "Brondil?!" from the other side. He guessed it must have been Asëa, but he waited to open the door until the footsteps faded from his ears, as whoever it was was going the opposite direction. When he thought it safe enough he unlocked and opened the door once more. He leaned against the doorframe and held the door open about halfway.
"Yes milady?" He asked, glancing around the room to be sure there were no spy holes or some such thing.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 03:57
Asëa looked at the other to women and saw that Bre was tending to Verya's wound.

Turning back to the door, she indicated that Brondil should come into the room. "You know Legolas?" she asked anxiously. "You are going to get me out of here?"She stopped for a moment and then asked, "Is everyone well in Mirkwood?" She trusted this man, though she wasn't sure why, and she felt compelled to believe him.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2005 07:32
Brondil cocked his head to the side, and searched her eyes, finding hope and trust. He grinned and answered her questions as best as he could. "Yes, I am a friend of Legolas's, and he has intrusted me with your safety. He has told me to get you out and away from here as soon as possible, but trying not to draw much attention to myself. He obviously knows me all too well."
He winked, but went on as she seemed to have disregarded it. "Everything was peaceful in Mirkwood while I was there, but this Lord Umion is becoming a threat to their safety. We have to destroy him quickly, before he becomes more powerful. But first on my list is to get you out of here... unharmed. That means cooperation on your part, understand?" He waited for her to nod before going further. "What do you know of this Callon fellow? He seems sincere, but he has not gained my trust. He confuses me somewhat. I have been careful around him. He may be a spy of Umion's, but he doesn't seem the type. What do you think of him?"
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email