Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All Shall Fade (Still looking for new members. Please PM first.)
on: August 16, 2005 03:47
Haisel knew now it was unavoidable, it was either he tell about his Father's death, or get kicked out of the group. He decided he had best tell the elleth, and perhaps then she could let him be alone. He motioned her closer to him in order to be able to whisper without anyone else in the room hearing. He kept his voice low, to the point where even Asëa had to strain to hear him. "My father, Fiselly Greenhorn, was on the Council of Elves. He was very well known back then, and very peaceful. Never liked the idea of wars, and he never got himself into a position where he needed to fight to survive. When Sauron was still a great eye, and before the Fellowship was sent to destroy the Ring of Power, my father was called to visit Saruman, in his tower. Something terrible must have gone wrong, for when he got home he sent us all to pack, that we were leaving Middle Earth as fast as we could." His voice cracked and he clenched his fists before he went on. "Not an hour had passed before the door was blown in, and Saruman the Wise, came through with ferocious anger, and killed my father before anyone of us could move." His breath shallowed and the took a second before he went on. "Saruman had turned evil, and my mother fled to the West, telling me to stay behind and look after my sisters, who were both married to Elves from Rivendell. I swore on my father's grave I would seek revenge. I know he would disown me, but I feel I have to." Haisel collapsed into the wall and suddenly became very interested in his fingers.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 04:02
Asëa let out the breath she hadn't realized she was holding. Taking Haisel's face in her hands and forcing him to look at her she said softly, "I am very sorry."

She knew he wanted her to leave him alone, but she needed to know one thing. "Haisel, why do you hate Brondil so? Do you resent me for making you tell me your story? I only wanted to ensure his safety."

She looked up as she heard Brondil come towards her. She knew he had seen her take Haisel's face in her hands. She swallowed hard and hoped she hadn't made a mistake.
When he was standing over them, she smiled weakly at Brondil, unsure of his reaction.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 04:58
Brondil grabbed for both Haisel's and Asëa's elbows, pulling them up together.
"A perfect example, Wizards act before they think." Haisel whispered feircely, and Brondil glared at him.
"What are you trying to say, my good sir?" He mocked.
"I don't think you can comprehend what I am saying, Brondil." Haisel sneered and Brondil let go of his hold on Asëa, using both hands to force Haisel against the wall and hold him off the ground.
"Look, Haisel. You had better knock yourself into shape right now, or I'll do it for you." He felt Asëa's arm on his shoulder, and heard her whispering for him to put Haisel down. Brondil looked to her, before complying and dropping him a good foot and a half out of the air. Haisel rubbed his arms gently and stared at Brondil, looking as if now were the best time to eliminate him. Asëa stood betwen them, her hands in the air berating them as if they were two naughty little boys.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 05:13
Asëa rubbed her elbow lightly. Brondil had gripped it tightly and she knew that a bruise would form.

Angrily, she looked back and forth between and shook her head. "Brondil, you need to stop acting so territorial. I need you to protect me, not get yourself killed."

He frowned and began "I am not terri-" but never finished.

"Yes, you are being that way." Turning to Haisel, she said, "Haisel, I'm truly sorry about what you went through, but you need to set aside this hatred you seem to have for Brondil. I don't want to have to leave you behind because you are going to cause him trouble."

She stopped for a moment. "Haisel, what has Brondil done to bring your hate upon him?" Then she turned to Brondil. "Why do you feel so threatened by him?" Taking his face in her hands, she forced him to lean down a little and kissed him.

[Edited on 17/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2005 06:17
Brondil broke the kiss quickly and looked at Haisel for a moment.
"I don't trust him." Both said in unison, they both stopped and stared at each other.
"I've never trusted any Wizard." Haisel went on. "Especially those in league with Saruman."
"What is this about Saruman I hear? You think I even know the wizard? He is Orc slime, and I wouldn't touch him, even if he were still alive. He turned evil before my time. I wasn't alive until about twenty seven years after the Ring was destroyed."

Haisel raised an eyebrow and stared hard at Brondil. "He killed my father."
"So that is why you hate me, eh? You hate all Wizards because one of us happened to be a bad apple, don't you?" Haisel opened his mouth, but closed it again, trying to think of something to say. "Have you ever once met Gandalf the White? Radagast the Brown? Aeiwendel? Must I go on?" Haisel hung his head. "I have met some bad Elves, and as you can see, I don't hold grudges on the rest of the race." He smiled and pulled Asëa close to him.

"You win, will you accept my apologies, Brondil?" Haisel asked, bowing slightly.
"I will, but any attempts on my life, and you will get to know my staff better then you'd like." He smiled a chuckled. "No need to worry, Haisel. I am sincerly sorry about your father." Haisel nodded, and Asëa looked as if she could kiss the two of them. Brondil held her to his side, however, and lifted her into his arms, carrying her over to the corner they had orginated in. "Asëa, I am sorry about my behavior, I don't normally act like that, especially with allies. Did I hurt you? I won't do that again, I was just, well I just thought..." He sighed, and kissed her softly. "I just don't want to lose you." He whispered, cradling her with his arms and letting himself melt with every kiss they shared. "I love you with all my heart, with every fiber of my being." He smiled, and kissed her again.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2005 04:26
"Did I hurt you?" Brondil sounded upset that he might have.

"Yes, Brondil. You did hurt me." When she saw his face fall and she knew he was going to apologize furiously, she put a finger to his lips. "No, my love. I know you did not mean it." She gently stroked his cheek and his face relaxed.

He then continued to stumble over his words, eventually giving up and kissing her. "I just don't want to lose you." His arms tightened a little around her. She could hear the pain in his voice and her heart jumped. She wanted to make him forget how he had been treated by women in the past. "I love you with all my heart, with every fiber of my being." Again, he kissed her and she closed her eyes for a moment to fight away the tears that came to her eyes, so he wouldn't see.

Leaning her forehead against his, she looked into his eyes. "You think I would go to him? You think I would leave you?" She chuckled softly. "Oh,no. There is nothing that could persuade me to leave you, meleth nín. I love you more with every breath I take, which seems impossible to me considering I've loved you with everything I have since the beginning. I would die for you. I need you, Brondil. You are more important than breath or sleep." Her voice became even softer than it already was. "You are my world. Why would I ever leave you?" She leaned forward and kissed him deeply, trying hard to convince him she would never leave him.

[Edited on 17/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 03:14
Hey,
Where'd everyone go? :cry:
Don't leave!
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 08:01
((I am here! But, of course you knew that...))

Brondil held the kiss for as long as he could, and then pulled away, gasping for breath. "You are different than any girl I have every met before, Asëa. That is somthing I have to get used to. When I turned thirty four, I stopped trusting women. I need to learn how to trust you, I have to let go. I have let go of so many things since I met you, it should be easy, right?" He chuckled. "I need to think before I act. But as a man of action, it is tough. All I need to know is that I love you, and that should be enough. But it is against everything I have ever learned. Will you be patient with me?" Suddenly the floor seemed extreamly interesting, and he cast his gaze towards it, studying it.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2005 08:20
(OOC-> LOL. It seems that everyone else has left us... Oh, well. We can continue. They may come back.)

"Of course I will be patient with you," she said lifting his chin and forcing him to look at her. "Those other women have given you every reason not to trust females. I'll just have keep showing you that I won't hurt you because I won't and that I won't leave you." When his face remained slightly sheepish and afraid, she continued, "I need you, Brondil. I couldn't survive without you." Lowering her voice to a whisper, she said softly, "I love you and nothing will change that." With that said, she nibbled gently on his ear lobe.

[Edited on 18/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 05:06
Brondil smiled sensuously and let himself lean onto the back wall. "Nothing?" He whispered, almost desperately.
"Nothing." Said Asëa firmly. Brondil smiled and cupped her face in his hands.
"You are so beautiful." She blushed, and he left a lingering kiss on her lips. "You are more precious to me then all the gold and silver in the entire of Middle Earth." He ran his hands through her golden curls. "I love you." He hugged her to him, comforting her in his strong arms.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 05:17
Asëa trembled when he ran his hands through her hair. She loved it when he did that.

She smiled, wrapped securely in Brondil's arms.

Then she noticed Callon standing up and motioning for the others to follow. "I think it is time to leave, my love." She dragged Brondil up and they followed behind the others.

She held tight to his hand as they escaped as though she were afraid he would turn out to have been an illusion this whole time. "Finally, I can go home," she whispered very quietly and small tears of joy came to her eyes.

(OOC-> Sorry, having brain problems.)

[Edited on 20/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 02:14
Brondil made it his task to try and hide his staff as much as he could, while they were still in the castle anyway. They made it thorough most of the castle without being spotted, and Brondil was pretty upset that he hadn't had a chance to retain his green cloak. No matter, I shall ask Legolas for one. He decided to himself as they neared the exit. At the doors, they were stopped and Callon quickly became angry, saying something about how he was showing the new recruits around, and why it seemed he of all people weren't allowed to take them outside. The guard of course moved out of his way, and Callon stomped the rest of the way out of the castle, muttering curses under his breath.

As they made there way into the wood, darkness finally settled completely, and it was hard for anyone to see what was going on. "Callon, we can not escape on foot, and I have only brought two horses. One of them can hold three men, but the other would fold under the weight of two. We need to get to the stables."

"I know this, we are headed there, but we are going about it the back way. We do not have much time, lets go. And no more interruptions." He said, glaring at Brondil. Brondil shrugged and followed him. Soon enough, they happened on the stables.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 02:34
Asëa blinked dumbly for a moment, trying to process the irritated tone in Callon's voice.

"Jeez, he's going to be so much fun to travel with." Her voice was positively dripping with sarcasm and she said it just loud enough for Brondil to hear. She raised her voice and said, "We shouldn't take too many horses. They'll notice and come looking for us sooner."

Callon rounded on her and grabbed her arm painfully. He spat out, "Will you shut up! Are you trying to give us away? Do you think I don't already know that?!"

She could feel the anger rolling off him and she took an abrupt step back, even though he still had her arm, almost literally running into Brondil and jumping again at the sudden contact with another body.

"Sorry," she muttered quietly.

[Edited on 21/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]

Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 05:01
Brondil held Asëa about the waist and rubbed her bruised arm gently. "So much fun." He whispered playfullly, getting a smile in return. He winked at her and held her close to him with one arm, the other clutching his staff. He paid attention to every sound they heard, every snap of a twig, rustle of leaves, horses neighing. He strolled over to Verya and whispered in her ear.
"I have a horse you can ride, he's well behaved and he won't jostle you about much. He has a way of picking out paths where his rider doesn't have to duck under trees and such. He'll cause as least pain as possible to your shoulder." Verya half-smiled and nodded in thanks.
"Asëa, you can ride with me on my horse. She's powerful, a war horse from Rohan."

Haisel picked himself out a young, quiet horse, who looked swift and eager to leave the stables. "Steady girl." He cooed as he pulled her out of the stable. Callon took his own horse, a big, strong stallion. Haisel waited with Callon behind the stables for the others to come out. Brondil, Asëa and Verya were the next out. Bre and Tyaro came out with a large horse, who seemed very well behaved at the present.

Brondil walked swiftly into the woods, about one hundred meters from where the others stood. He emitted two high pitched whistles, and listened. After five seconds he whistled again, and this time he heard hooves galloping towards him. He jumped out of the way as Olirra almost trampled him, with Rengo trotting a little behind. Brondil jumped on Olirra and cantered swiftly to the group. He hopped off, lending a hand to Verya as she climbed unsteadily onto Rengo, who stood, waiting patiently for his rider to balance before he turned around, facing the woods once more.

Brondil turned, ready to help Asëa onto Olirra, but found she was already on. She patted the spot in front of her, and he grinned as he swiftly climbed atop the horse, sitting in front of her.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 05:21
Asëa wrapped her arms tightly around Brondil's strong body. She kissed his neck and then lay her cheek on his back as they began to leave on their horses. She was perfectly comfortable behind him on his horse.

"I've always wanted to ride a 'powerful war horse'. Who is this beautiful creature?" She indicated the horse beneath them as she asked. Suddenly, she was overcome by exhaustion and weariness and truly wanted nothing more than to curl up in a ball and cry. The events of her 'stay' at Umion's castle rolled over her and she shivered slightly. She pressed her face into her love's back and willed away the tears.

"How far are we from home?" Her voice was anxious and tired. She was both physically and mentally exhausted and she felt slightly conflicted, wanting to get home as quickly as possible and yet wanting to just get far enough away from the castle that they could safely rest. She tightened her hold on him and clasped her hands, so that if she fell asleep, she wouldn't just slide off the beautiful mares back-end.

Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 05:40
"Her name is Olirra and we are about two days ride from Legolas's Palace. I don't exactly know where you live, Asëa." Brondil tapped Olirra and she went a little faster, the group was taking off at a fast-paced walk, so as if they met anyone they wouldn't be too suspicious. He felt her lean into him and clasp her hands around his waist tighter.

"I won't very well let you fall off, darling. But if you want to sleep it might be best if you perched yourself in front of me, that way if we had to suddenly take off, I would have a hold on you." He felt her slowly nod in agreement, and she half let go of him. He quickly hopped from the horse and push her forward as he climbed back on behind her. He grabbed the reigns and shuffled himself forward until there was no space between their bodies. This way she could lean into him and he would still have arm space enough to easily navigate Olirra. He kicked her gently and she set off, quickly finding the others and slowing down a bit. He let Olirra follow the others and held the reigns loosely in the same hand with which he carried his staff. He held Asëa around the waist with the other and gently kissed her neck.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 06:00
"I love you, Brondil." Asëa's voice was soft and husky as sleep slowly crept up on her, allowed because she was protected. She leaned back comfortably into Brondil's chest and mewed very softly when he kissed her neck.

"Do you think it will be long before we stop for a rest?" Her voice slowly became softer as she spoke and when he answered, she barely heard it as she was rapidly slipping off into sleep, safely wrapped in his arms and supported by his body.

Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 06:41
"I think so," he whispered softly. "I think we should get away from here as far as possible before we even think of stopping." She mumbled something he couldn't quite understand and before he could even blink, he felt her body relax completely against his and her head fell softly onto his shoulder. He sighed and smiled to himself, thinking of how lucky he was to have a girl to love who loved him back, sleeping in his arms.

The company traveled on for several hours, until daylight began to leak through the trees. Brondil looked at the others in the light, finding that Verya had fallen asleep on top of Rengo, who was doing a fine job of keeping her on his back without falling behind. Haisel was stooping drearily in his saddle, while Bre had fallen asleep and Tyaro looked dangerously close to falling off his horse and taking her with him.

Callon seemed to still be running on adrenaline, and he was actually smiling. Brondil himself felt like he would be glad to pass out, but he was keeping himself awake by blinking furiously as to stop his eyelids from closing as they were threatening to do. He still held on to Asëa, but he was leaning a bit on her as well as he could hardly hold his own weight up let alone her's. He swayed dangerously to one side and then shook his head furiously, straightening up, thankfully without waking Asëa up. He trotted up beside Callon and looked at him expectantly.
"Can we stop for a rest, Callon?" He slurred, and Callon looked at him sharply, but then he relaxed and his face softened.
"I am looking for a good place where we will be almost completely hidden. We will stop for as long as need be and then we will head out once again, at around noon I should think."
Brondil nodded, "Thank you." He said, trying to grin, but instead yawning.

[Edited on 21/8/2005 by Frodurien]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 07:00
Asëa woke many hours after falling asleep and found she was on hard ground and not at all comfortable as she had been.

She panicked for a moment before her brain could clear and cried out hoarsely, "Brondil!" Fear that they had been caught swamped her for a moment, but as she woke, she knew that they were still safe from Umion.

She saw the horses resting together not far off. She noticed that Tyaro, Verya, Bre, and even Callon were sleeping rather soundly and she had absolutely no desire to disturb them. She noticed that Haisel was not present. She also didn't see Brondil and she called for him again, praying that he and Haisel had not gotten into some sort of disagreement that she was sure would turn physical.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 07:19
((This is my last post for today...))

Brondil walked with Haisel around the woods nearby the resting place Callon had picked out. They were silent, and Brondil wished he could just lay down and not have to stay awake on watch. He was thankful he wasn't doing it alone, however. Every once in a while, if Haisel looked about to fall asleep Brondil would smack him on the arm, and Haisel did the same, except more painfully then he would have liked. He heard his name being called out, and he thought for sure he was hearing things, but he went back to the group anyway.

He found Asëa looking around frantically and he walked over to her. "Whats wrong, meleth nin?" He whispered, and she turned to look at him, almost jumping out of her skin. She relaxed after a bit, and Haisel took the time to fall asleep against a tree behind Brondil. Brondil noticed, of course, and walked over to him, whacking him on the arm.
"Oh no you don't. If I am not allowed to sleep yet, you sure aren't going too." Haisel groaned.
"I wasn't sleeping, I was resting my eyes."
"You were not, you were snoring." Of course this was a lie, but Brondil knew he had been snoozing.
"Ach!" He snorted, and Asëa giggled.
"What's so funny?" Brondil slurred, but he turned around to quickly and fell off balance, crashing to the ground. Once he landed he stayed there, not having the stregnth to get up. Haisel kicked him, and he jumped up. "What was that for?"
"You were sleeping." Haisel sneered.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2005 07:45
"I woke and you were not there," she answered his question. "I am fine. Just the lack of rest playing with my head making me think you had left me." She smiled sheepishly up at him.

"I see at least part of my fears were valid. I was afraid when I saw that both of you were missing that violence would ensue and I see that I was correct." She let a soft laugh escape her lips and she kissed him.

"Have you two slept at all?" She knew that they had not as she watched them both drift off while they were standing, teetering slightly on their feet. "Go wake Tyaro and Callon and then you can sleep. You'll never be able to ride if you are exhausted." When Brondil gave her a speculative look, she said, "I have to stay by you, meleth nín, to watch over you as you sleep." She grinned broadly at him. Haisel just snickered and woke Tyaro and Callon, who grumpily got up to keep watch.

Haisel curled up against the tree he had been sleeping against only moments ago. Asëa led Brondil to the cloak she had been sleeping on and pulled him down next to her. She then folded her legs and put the cloak she had been using as a pillow in her lap. Giving him a soft kiss, she then coaxed her sleepy lover to lay his head on her lap and as she gently combed her fingers through his hair at the same time massaging his scalp, he slipped peacefully into sleep. She followed him soon thereafter.

Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 05:56
As the hours slipped away, Brondil dreamed of every woman he had ever encountered. From his mothers smiling face to his friends and girl friends and queens he had met, finishing off with Asëa. She looked so radiant, with the bright light shining behind her, through her, almost as if it was from her.

He drifted slowly out of sleep after recieving a big, sloppy kiss, which he thought was from Asëa. He opened his eyes and smiled up at... Olirra's face?!? Brondil jumped away from the place in which he had been sleeping and cursed under his breath as he wiped horse slobber from his right cheek. He looked around a moment for Asëa, who he found was already with the others, eating breakfast. He hurried over to them and sat down next to her, and smiled as she handed him his portion, which had been sitting on her lap. "Thank you." He whispered as he began wolfing down the food like a starving person. Of course, he was a starving person, and many there could relate.

"Asëa, why didn't you wake me up?" He asked, as everyone else had already almost finished their breakfast off.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 06:16
"I didn't wake you because I figured you were probably exhausted to begin with. Besides that, you were smiling in your sleep and I didn't want to wake you from a good dream." Asëa gave him a kiss and smiled. "I think this should be a better kiss than Olirra's was; not all sloppy and wet."

When they had all finished eating, they began to prepare to leave. Asëa walked over to the group of men who were seperate from the women and took a deep breath. "We need to move fast, now." She stopped and looked at the men. They all eyed her suspiciously, except for Callon who was waiting to hear more and Brondil who just wrapped his arm around her waist. "I can see what the future may be." She said in explanation to Haisel and Tyaro. "He knows we're are gone and he is furious." Brondil tightened his arm around her, holding her closer, and brought her some comfort.

"Then let's go!" Callon raised his voice and told them all to finish packing up. "We are leaving immediately."

When they were packed up and mounted, they moved off at a fast canter. Asëa was back in front off Brondil as she found it more comfortable to lean into his chest.

[Edited on 22/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 11:33
(OOC: I leave for a few days and look what happens! Anyway, my parents decided to take a real vacation, so I haven't been able to use the computer. Well, I'm finally backhome and here to stay!)

Callon was in foul mood due to his uneasyness. They were soon approaching the borders of Umion's realm, and after they crossed the border, his life was up in the air.

It wasn't easy to get the group out of there safely. He had to sit and listen carefully for the bells to signal the changing of guard duty, which was not an easy task since it was hard to hear in the wine cellar and Asëa kept talking to him. She was only trying to be nice, but he was solely focused on getting everybody out. He hadn't meant to snap at her, but with all of their lives on the line,he had to keep her quiet.

His mind eventually wandered back to the present. "I have good news and bad news," he announced. "The good news is that we are out of Umion's realm. The bad news is, I don't know where to go from here. I hope one of you knows of shelter nearby."

He waited patiently for a response, hoping that they wouldn't suddenly turn against him for his past of evil. He realized they could very well overpower him, bind him, and take him to their leader for execution. He hoped they wouldn't do that.

Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 12:24
(OOC-> Yay! Welcome back. I hope you had fun. I was worried you had just left, but you haven't. )

Asëa let out a huge breathe of relief when Callon told them they were out of Umion's realm. Brondil kissed her neck.

"I have no idea where we go now; I don't even know where we are. Brondil, you know a shelter nearby, I hope." She twisted in the saddle and looked expectantly at him. "No one else here will know, I don't think." When she saw the others agree that they didn't know, she smiled weakly at Brondil. If he didn't know, then they were in trouble.

She leaned back into his chest and, turning her head, gave him a soft kiss. "I hope you know where we can find shelter and where to go now."

They continued on for a little longer, but eventually slowed to a fast walk. "Callon, what do you plan on doing now that you are out of Umion's paws?" She was curious and despite the fact that he had been in league with the dark lord, he had been nothing but civil towards her, at the very least, and he had helped them escape. "If you have nowhere to go, perhaps I could ask that you be allowed to remain in Mirkwood." Brondil's arm tightened around her waist, but instead of responding to what she was sure he felt about that, she just linked her fingers with his.

[Edited on 23/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 22, 2005 09:43
"I do know of a small shelter some four hours northwest of here, if I am at all correct about where here is, exactly. It is beneath a large, crooked tree. If we can get there, it is only a half day journey to Prince Legolas's palace." Brondil said finally, remembering he had stopped there once, a long time ago. He gradually took up the front of the group, and slowed the horses to a fast walk. He looked all around, trying to figure exactly where they were.

He was not listening fully to the conversation, but he caught the general concept and stiffened, tightening his hold on Asëa. She locked her fingers with his, which wasn't anything he was expecting, but he somehow felt more relaxed about the situation.

After several minutes had gone by his face suddenly brightened, as he finally recognized where they were, and set on at a brisker pace, turning slightly more to the west. "About three hours of travel at this speed until we reach our shelter. Then we can have ourselves a long rest, before we head off for the last time. If anyone, at any time feels we should travel faster, please tell me, and we shall. We are not completely out of danger."
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 10:20
"I'm not sure what I will do. I don't even know where to begin. I've been so focused about getting away that I didn't really focus much on what happened after that. I just hope for the chance to start over and begin again, free from evil's grasp." And to know what it would be like to be loved by someone, he thought, but didn't say. Umion had always taken care of him, but he'd hardly call that love. More like a means of being in debt. "I appreciate your offer of living in Mirkwood, but I think your lover might have an objection or too," he said, noting his stiffness at the offer.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 10:37
Asëa smiled at Callon. "I'm sure there are more than just Brondil who would object. You have brought me no harm, though, and I see no reason that they could object with me being the one asking such a question." Callon looked at her doubtfully. "I think they would be appeased if you voluntarily allowed yourself to be watched for a bit, just to convince them that you were no trouble."

She could feel the warning towards Callon in Brondil's expression without having to even turn around. She leaned back into him and reaching her arm back, stroked her hand through his hair. "Could you live with that arrangement, my love?" She attempted to look into his eyes, but he turned his head away from her. It worried her that he avoided her gaze for that was not like him. "I am safe, Brondil. You will be there. How could you object if I asked for that permission and felt no fear towards him? Brondil, look at me." Her voice was soft and pleading.

[Edited on 23/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 04:19
"I will not always be there." Brondil said, still looking away. He had to force himself to look her in the face, and he somehow found comfort in her gaze. He shrugged and felt a bit sheepish. "Alright, Asëa. I trust your judgement." He said warmly, but not before casting a doubtful glance at Callon.

He thought he heard something in the distance and he stopped his horse dead, causing Verya to almost bowl them over. Brondil hushed the group and they all sat still, listening in the distance. Callon's face turned grave, and Brondil's breath quickened. Haisel walked his horse up to Brondil's side to whisper in his ear.

"It sounds like at least twenty horses. They are slowing now, but they were almost at a gallop. We must get to the shelter as quick as we can." Brondil nodded and motioned silently for the group to follow him. He cooed to Olirra and increased the pressure to her sides. Almost immediately she took off at a gallop, quicker then he had ever rode her with another person. "Hang on." He whispered excitedly to Asëa. "This is where the fun begins." He smiled as they tore through the woods, towards the shelter. At this pace, they would get there in about two hours. Although Brondil was in the mood for a fight, he didn't wanted anyone getting hurt any more than they already are.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2005 04:35
(OOC-> Just a side note, Asëa's DB profile has been updated.)

Asëa worried for a moment if Brondil would always be so wary of Callon. She knew that they might need his help to defeat Umion. She also worried about his statement of not always being there; his voice had been sad and distant.

"Brondil, he can't take me back!" Her voice was high and strained. Her fear was quickly washed away, though. It seemed that Brondil's touch caused a wave of calm to fall over her anytime she needed him. Then after a moment of thought, she said, with a strange combination of laughter and incredulity in her voice, "This is where the fun begins? Fun? Somehow, meleth nín, I doubt very much that this is going to be fun." She snorted and laughed. She said no more though for Olirra was traveling too fast for any conversation to be carried on.

After almost two hours of traveling at a breakneck pace, the horses were exhausted. Asëa could see a shelter-like place close by. "Are we there, Brondil?" She leaned back into her lover's chest as they slowed to a walk and her breath caught when he kissed her neck and nibbled her ear.

[Edited on 24/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]

[Edited on 24/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2005 01:18
(*sigh* Back to Umion. Too be quite honest, I have never played an evil person before, so this is a new experience. I'm trying to make him as ruthless as possible. )

Umion woke from his induced slumber slowly. It didn't take him long to figure out that someone drugged his wine. He called to the nearest servant and inquired about his captives.

"Milord, they have all escaped," he said nervously.

"Send for Callon immediately!" he ordered.

The servant shifted uncomfortably.

"WHat are you waiting for?! Find him!"

"Milord, Callon is nowhere to be found. We suspect that he helped the others escape," the servant said in hushed voice.

Umion slammed his fist into the man's face in frustration. The servant ran for his life as Umion sent what was left of the wine hurling at his heels. Suddenly Umion began to chuckle. "Well done, Callon, well done. I couldn't think of a better plan myself. Guard! Send your soldiers to find the captices!"

*~*~*~*~*

Callon's heart skipped a beat when he heard the oncoming horses. Umion! He must have recovered from his sleeping potion and sent soldiers out to bring them back. He had just won his freedom and wasn't about to lose it just yet. Instinctively, his hand went to his sword, but apparently, the others were more preoccupied with fleeing. Callon figured his best chance lied with them, so he ran to join them.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 12:10
"We are, my dear." Brondil said as he jumped off Olirra's back and turned around to help Asëa down. "But now we must make haste." He whispered as he undid the bags of supplies and tossed them to her. "Quickly, the opening in the shelter is on the opposite side, knock five times on the knot at the bottom of the tree." He didn't need to say anything more, as she took off, quickly dissapearing behind the huge tree. He turned and unhooked the saddle, sliding it off Olirra. "Go now and find water. Come swiftly when you hear me call for you." He whispered in her ear and then smacked her hip. the horse cantered away, as Rengo finally galloped up behind Callon and the others.

He ran up to Verya and gently slid her off the horse, and whispering to Callon. "Get these horses unsaddled. Bring everything into the shelter, can you trust your horse to come when called, if so then let the horse find the stream with my own. Hasten!" He carried Verya to the shelter, passing Asëa as she was hurrying back to Callon to grab more stuff to carry into the shelter. He slid down the small but steep decline into the shelter and set Verya down by the wall. She was so pale and looked drained, he hoped perhaps Haisel could do something about it.

Just then Haisel, Bre and Tyaro all slid down into the shelter, carrying huge amouts of stuff. Brondil ran outside and grabbed the two other horses, sending Rengo to find Olirra. The led the other horses to the opening of the shelter, having a time getting them in. Finally he did as Callon helped by pushing them from behind. Tyaro ran and brought in the rest of the stuff in, and finally everyone was in and they were able to close the hidden door.

"Haisel, go tend to Verya, see what you can do for her." He whispered, and then lit his staff so they were able to see in the dark. "Callon, there is a small ladder, leading to a small window at the top. Would you be first watch?" He said gesturing to the ladder hanging from the top of the tree. The entire tree was hollowed out, to almost the top, although the walls were so thick it sounded hollow when someone knocked on the outside. He walked to Asëa and sighed. "There we are, everything is in place. We just have to hope they don't find us." He said as he hugged her close to him. "Welcome to my life." He whispered, just before he kissed her roughly.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 12:47
Callon was surprised that he was trusted enough to be put on first watch, but he did as he was told. He wathed the window for awhile until, to his horror, Umion's men drew close to their hiding place. He motioned for everyone to be as silent as possible. After searching the area for a bit, the men left the area empty-handed. It wasn't until after they had left did Callon realize he had been holding his breath.

"Relax, they've gone," he said. For now at least.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 02:58
"I am very happy to be in your life. Mine is just as chaotic." Asëa was smiling as she spoke, kissing him back.

When Callon shushed them all, she panicked and hugged herself closer to him. After a few moments, Callon relaxed, but she did not. She clung to her lover, shaking slightly. Again, she was disturbed by the change in character she saw in herself.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2005 03:51
Brondil held Asëa protectively, bringing comfort to himself as well as to her. The feeling confused him, perhaps it was just because he felt needed that he felt stronger. He noticed her expression and he smiled assuredly. "Asëa, they passed us over. They are not here anymore. They left us alone." He whispered tenderly, feeling her stop shaking for a bit. He tried to cheer her a bit with a smile, and it worked, for a few seconds.

"Is there something other than this that is bothering you? Tell me." He said as a command, but instead it came out pleadingly.
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email