Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First45678Last >>
Author Topic:
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All Shall Fade (Still looking for new members. Please PM first.)
on: August 25, 2005 05:58
Asëa was afraid to tell him. She had never told anyone her dreams because they cared, but because it had been worth something to them.

"Brondil, I need to start by telling you this neediness is not normal for me. I feel as though you do not see it as weakness, though, and I feel protected with you." She stopped and took a deep breath. "I have this recurring dream that Umion's army destroys Mirkwood and kills the royal family as well as everyone in sight." Her voice shook, regardless of how hard she tried to still it. "I want them to stop. I am afraid to even close my eyes." She burrowed her head into the crevice between his neck and shoulder and remained there. She wrapped herself around him and began sobbing helplessly. Brondil held her tighter and rocked her gently in his arms.

[Edited on 26/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 06:24
"Hush now, darling." Brondil closed his eyes and shook his thoughts from his mind. "You can only tell possible future options. But since we know about it we can stop it. We have to get to Legolas as soon as possible. Do not tell the others of this, alright? Especially not Callon." He whispered into her ear. He suddenly stooped low and carried her in his strong arms to a wall away from the others.

"We have all had nightmares, but your's are worse because they have possible truth. Am I right?" She nodded slightly, tears filling her eyes and again she buried her face in his chest. "Asëa, you are fully aware this could all be because of fear, right darling? Well, you aren't stupid so you know that. And for what you told me earlier, I do not take you for a weak person. Anyone in your situation would be acting the same way as you, if not much worse." He guestured towards Bre, who was crying in her brother's arms. He ran his fingers through her hair and kissed her forehead.

"Now, my dear, we should get to sleep. But I must first check on Verya. The blankets are there." He said pointing to the middle of the room. He stood up, swiftly walking towards Verya and Haisel.

Haisel was trying several different methods of healing on Verya's infected cut. He was frustrated and jumped when Brondil placed an arm on his shoulder.
"How is she?" He inquired.
"Not well, that ride was horrible for her, her wound reopened and the blood had stuck her blouse to her shoulder." Brondil studied her wound and then looked into her eyes. They were out of focus and her skin was a ghastly pale.
"Well, what have you done so far?"
"Not anything that has worked, I would've liked to use the solution I put on Asëa, but I don't have any of that left." Suddenly his eyes lit up. "I know what I could do!" He whispered and took out three bottles from his small bag of healing supplies. He took out an empty bowl and poured half of one of the bottles into it. The liquid was light green in color, and then he added a thin, clear liquid from the second bottle, which changed the color to a sky blue. He mixed the two together and then added a drop of the third liquid which set the mixture to bubble and steam for almost a minute. Once the bubbling was over, Haisel added some sort of grey powder from a tiny bag on his belt. The entire mixture fizzed and turned red, looking like blood. He gently dripped the mixture over the gash in Verya's shoulder and her entire body shook and she cried out. Brondil quickly put a hand over her mouth to cover her scream, careful not to block her nose. He grabbed his staff from behind Haisel and pointed it towards her shoulder, muttering some sort of harsh-sounding words under his breath. A small stream of white emitted from his shoulder and covered her shoulder in what appeared to be a thick bubble. The bubble popped, and Verya stopped screaming. He took his hand from her mouth and put a hand under her chin.

"Feel better?" Brondil asked. She nodded and Haisel smiled at them both.
"I forgot to mention this stuff would hurt, but it works. It'll heal the cut completely before the week is out." Haisel whispered.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2005 07:40
Asëa went over to the blankets Brondil had pointed to and lay down, pulling the blankets over her. She didn't close her eyes though, she just lay there staring at the stone wall.

She heard a scream, which was quickly cut off, come from Verya and felt bad for her.

After a few moments, she turned over and watched Brondil and Haisel helping Verya. Her eyes tracked him as he worked.

Eventually, he came over to her, a concerned look on his eyes that she wasn't sleeping. Sitting down, he gathered her into his arms and held her as she slowly fell asleep, feeling safe.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 01:47
Brondil watched Asëa drift slowly into sleep and followed soon after. Sometime in the middle of the night, Haisel awoke him. "Brondil, wake up." He whispered, while gently shaking him awake. Brondil opened his eyes and glanced around, realizing where he was. "You have third watch." Haisel said sleepily. "Callon woke me for second watch. Tyaro can be last watch, we should leave at sunrise. You do the math. It seems as if there are five or six hours left of this night." Brondil nodded and slowly got to his feet, stretching a bit before he was sure he was ready to climb the ladder safely. Haisel stopped him and handed him a blanket. "It is cold up there." He whispered, before heading toward an empty corner. Brondil stopped him.

"Haisel, if Asëa awakes, tell me." Haisel nodded, not overlooking how much that meant Brondil trusted him, and he took it to heart. Perhaps, after awhile, they could become friends. Brondil climbed the ladder quietly, sitting on the small ledge that let him look out three small windows which where stratigically cut out so the watcher could see all the way around if they looked at angles.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 05:01
(OOC-> Sorry, I know this is short, but I'm not feeling creative tonight.)

Asëa slept peacefully at first, but then the dream returned. She could see Umion slowly killing Thranduil and his sons and she cried out in her sleep. Her own cry woke her.

Looking around, she saw Haisel walk quickly towards the look-out ledge and speak to Brondil in a hushed whisper.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2005 05:32
Brondil had been on watch for about an hour before Haisel appeared under him and got his attention.
"Pssst, Brondil. Asëa woke up, it seems she is frightened about something."
"Thank you Haisel. I'll be right down." Brondil quickly unwrapped the blanket surrounding him and left it on the ledge as he climbed carefully down the ladder. He thanked Haisel and swiftly walked to her side, helping her up.

"Did you have the dream again?" She just nodded her head and her eyes welled up with tears. "Come, meleth nín. You shall keep watch with me, there is space enough for us both if we huddle. I have about an hour and a half left before I shall wake Tyaro." He took her hands and led her to the ladder. "Up you go." He whispered, giving her a bit of a push. She began climbing the ladder and he followed her up. Soon they were both cuddling close on the ledge, wrapped in the warm blanket.

"Have you noticed a pattern?" When she gave him a quizzical look he explained. "When I am with you, you sleep peacefully. When I am not..." He didn't need to go on, as she nodded her head and sighed. "I need you too, you know." This made her smile and he grinned back, kissing her sensuously and pulling her closer, onto his lap.

[Edited on 29/8/2005 by Frodurien]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 04:43
Asëa was glad to be in Brondil's arms, where she felt safe from her dreams; from the world. She kissed him back lovingly, knotting her hands in his hair, and settled herself into his lap.

They sat cuddled together for a few minutes in silence. "Do you think the dream could come true, my love?" Her voice was still a little shaky, but it was calmer now that she was with him. She rested her head on his chest and spoke again, "Brondil, can I sleep?" She waited for his answers, snuggled against him as he kept watch.

[Edited on 29/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 06:05
(OOC: Again, sorry that I have been gone. The world seems to try to keep me away from the computer.)

Callon continued to keep watch until his shift was over. He knew that Umion would stop at nothing to get Asëa, but for the time being, they were safe.

He went to find Brondil to see if he had anything else to do, and found him in a touchy moment with Asëa. Valar! It seemed as if everytime since he had met Brondil those two were always together sharing some tender moment. It was almost sickening, but Callon secretly envied them. He longed for someone to share those moments with.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 07:52
(Thanks Aranel Toroniel for letting me join! Zie is in the DB. My initial posts are always long winded…sorry.)

The news of the prisoner escape swept through the guard and those serving Umion quickly. Ziean, or Zie as she was commonly known, had her horse saddled even before the summons from Umion came. Her conversation with him was a short one. As one of his better trackers she would join the guard that was to go and discover those that had escaped him. One of Umions men had gone missing as well and it was thought that Callon had helped in the escape. This had pleased Umion for some reason. If Callon’s actions failed, she was told, it was her duty to see that the elf maid was returned, along with the others if possible. If not possible, then the others were to be killed.

Zie had lived and served under Umion for a number of years now. The pay was good and the work was not too bad. All in all she lead a fairly simple life. She had earned her own quarters, and though they were small, they were hers. The tasks that were set before her were no more horrible or bothersome than her time spent in the armies of the south during her youth. At least here she did not have to hide the fact that she was female. She did have to bash a few heads to get the grudging respect she now had, but all’s the better for it.

The trail left by the escaping horses was easy enough to follow. That is, until they had reached the border of Umions lands. The land turned rocky for a while and she lost the trail.

“I thought you were a tracker.” Grumbled the Captain as he sat his horse above her. She was kneeling on the ground, inspecting it closely for sign of their prey, her reins in her hand. She said nothing, ignoring him for a long moment before she stood and mounted her horse. “Women trackers. What will be next? Hobbit foot soldiers?”

A couple of the nearby soldiers smiled, but none laughed out loud. Zie had had confrontations with the Captain before and this one did not surprise her any more than the last. She moved her horse closer to his as he continued his beratement of her and females in general. The others moved a few paces away. When she was close enough she lashed out, but not at the Captain. Her foot found the front jaw of his horse. It was not a harsh blow but it was enough for the animal to rear up in protest, soundly depositing the Captain on the ground with a thud and a loud grunt. Saying nothing further she turned her horses head and rode away at a slow walk, pulling her hood up to cover her scarf wrapped hair as she continued to look for signs of their prey.

When they reached the woods she found some trail of them again, but it was growing dark. “They will hide in the forest for the night Captain. I suggest your men move quietly if you intend to find them.”

The captain said nothing in response, but gave the order for the advance search. She, however, sat her horse and watched them leave. She had no intention of following them. If she managed to capture the one that their Lord had lost, her reward would be all the greater.

In the darkness when the men moved off, she remained behind, separating herself from the rest of them until the woods was silent around her once again. Slowly she rode through the trees, eyes scanning the trees and their branches as much as the ground at her horses feet. She crossed and recrossed the search trail left by the soldiers. Any trail left by the escapees in this area would have been lost.

Pulling her hood back from her head, the trailing tail of her scarf caught on the rough fabric and was pulled askew. Cursing silently she tugged it off and retied it over her hair. It was useful in the fact that it’s age and the dullness of the red and black cloth hid the shine from her hair. Plus, she had worn something over her hair and ears for all of her memory, so it was a comfort to have. The cloth itself was a remnant from her days as a soldier of the South; a part of the livery that had hung from the back of her helmet and hid her fast growing hair even then.

The scarf back in place over hair and ears, she sat her horse under a low hanging branch for a long while, listening for any disturbance in the sounds of the forest around her.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 10:58
"I guess it is a possiblity, but a very remote one. Personally, I don't think it will at all. In fact I can imagine the very opposite. And yes, my darling. You can sleep." Brondil whispered. He noticed Callon under him and ignored him, he didn't fully trust the elf yet. He looked down again and noticed Callon had gone. After a while, he thought he saw a lone rider in the distance, and studied it, not sure if it was real or not. After awhile he thought it might be Callon, and he grew angry. He silently awoke Asëa and told her to be silent, as his mind was overcome with dread at the figure that was standing still in the darkness, seemingly listening for any noise.

"Go down the ladder and alert the others. We may have to fight, if this is indeed an enemy. We have no chance of fleeing now, or ever until this rider has gone." He muttered just loud enough for her to hear. Her eyes grew wide and she nodded silently. She scurried down the ladder and he focused again on the rider. He wondered why they were waiting for something, could it be one of Umion's riders? Or was it a friend of Legolas, sent to help them?
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 01:41
When Callon realized it was going to be awhile before he couldget Brondil's attention, he left to see if he could find something to eat. He hadn't eaten since the preious morning and now his stomach rumbled in complaint. He had just bitten into an apple when Brondil gave an order to be prepared for a possible battle.

A thought struck him like a kick in the gut. Why didn't he think of this before?! Zie! Umion's best tracker! No doubt Umion had sent her and she probably was alrady hot on their trail.

Without another thought, Callon found Brondil and told him about Zie. "So, as you said, we can't leave until she leaves, and even then there is a chance that she'll follow us to Mirkwood." He thought for a moment. "Unless....Unless we can find a way to capture her without alerting the rest of the troops."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 03:42
((By the way, welcome Leighlia, we desperately needed a charrie like yours...))

Brondil was startled that Callon was giving him this information. He felt something let loose inside his mind, but then something else tightened. "So all of us have been caught by a girl? I didn't see any troops around her, or anywhere, actually. So catching her seems doable. What exactly are you proposing? Do you have something in mind?" A light bulb lit in his head, but he wanted to hear Callon's answer first.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 04:06
(Thanks for the kind and warm welcome you guys!)

Zie’s keen ears listened for any and all movements in the forest around her, but the only sounds that came to her were those of the creatures that woke as the sun fell. Even still, her instincts told her she was on the right track. Long ago she had learned to trust her instincts. Only occasionally did they lead her astray.

Sooner than she would have liked, her horse began to shift his feet, disturbing her thoughts and her concentration. With a sigh she tugged his reigns and directed him toward the shadows beneath a large tree that had a covering of underbrush at its feet. Here she dismounted and tied her horse up so that he could munch on the leaves if he wanted while she slipped silently into the shadows.

Her long, calloused fingers held a dagger loosely, its blade tucked along the length of her forearm. Strapped to her side was her sword; a curved blade of the Harad and a prized remnant of times past. Her clothing was dark. Her tunic fell to her knees over pants that had full legs that allowed complete freedom of movement. Tucked into the tops of her boots, the pants were full enough to almost seem skirt-like. The long ends of her scarf she drew out of her hair and wrapped around her face, tying the ends behind so that only her eyes were uncovered.

Her skin, though not as fair as it was in her childhood, was translucent enough that the moon would make it all the more visible….not a desirable thing when sneaking around in the woods, predator after prey. Besides, she knew there were elves amongst the escapee party and their eye sight, darkness or no, was exceptional.

Moving slowly through the trees on light, silent feet she scanned the area and ground for signs of them, looking forward to spending an easy payoff.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 29, 2005 05:08
Asëa snorted as she came to stand again with Brondil and rolled her eyes. "You think a woman couldn't catch you?"

Brondil looked at her sheepishly.

"Do you really think this Zie is that good of a tracker?" Her voice was anxious and she looked at Brondil as he wrapped him arm around her waist. She felt afraid. She knew that those who were paid to capture and/or kill were twice as dangerous as those who weren't. This woman could be extremely dangerous.

"So catching her seems doable. What exactly are you proposing? Do you have something in mind?" She was concerned that this could be trouble.

When she saw a plan forming in Brondil's head, she became even more worried. "Meleth nin...." She shook his arm. "The look on your face brings me great concern. What exactly are you thinking?" She stopped again and motioned for the others to be quiet. Walking to the entrance quietly with Brondil following her, she listened carefully.

Turning to Brondil, she whispered close to his ear, "Brondil, something is not right. I do not hear the horse anymore, but I sense a presence." Her breathing quickened and she had to close her eyes to relax a little.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 09:23
When Callon shook his head Brondil sighed. His plan would have to work. "I'd need to know more about this Zie before I can say whether this plan will have any substance. But here is how it goes, I, being a wizard and with a green cloak nonetheless, will walk out to meet her. If I drop my hood over my eyes, and color my beard white, I could fool her into thinking I am an old man. Callon will watch over the fight, from above, and those of us who will fight, namely Tyaro, and Haisel will come out to assist me and help fight her off." Brondil noticed the stubborn and agitated look in Asëa's eyes and shook his head.

"No, you are to stay here, meleth nín. You shall stay in here, if fighting begins, Callon and Bre will stand guard at the entrance, and fight her off if indeed she is able to get past me, Haisel and Tyaro. It is obvious to everyone you are who she is after, and if she somehow got ahold of you, she might be able to escape. If she is indeed the fighter Callon says she is. I will go out only with my sword in it's shealth at my side. If she attacks me I can easily knock her to the ground, and then go for the sword. I will have my staff, that is the key. Now Tyaro and Haisel, get ready to assist me if need be. Callon, if she attacks me, or if I attack her, jump down, alert the others, and stand guard at the entrance. Be ready to fight. Asëa, stay with Verya."

[Edited on 30/8/2005 by Frodurien]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 10:04
(Hmm, Well, I did actually have a plan, but I wasn't able to get on till now. Oh, well. We can go with Brondil's.)

Callon shook his head while formulatinga plan, a bad habit of his. Brondil took this as he didn't know of a plan and came up with his own. Callon supposed he could deal with it. he wasn't happy about being left behind, however.

"Do you not trust me, Brondil, even after I helped you and your lover and her and their friends escape from that demon? The whole time we've been traveling together, you've treated me distrust. I'm tired of it."

Before Brondil could say anything back, Callon left to stand guard at the entrance.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 10:31
Brondil looked a bit confused for a second and then went after Callon. "Callon." He whispered feircely finally getting him to look at him. "Callon I have trusted you with my life. With Asëa's life. Everyone in here has. What you did is bigger than just getting us out of the dungeon, saving us, but saving all the other pour souls who would have ended up killed if you hadn't. I admit it has been hard for me to let go, but I have. If this girl gets past me and the others you are going to be our only hope to save the whole of Mirkwood. And you think I don't trust you?" Brondil bit his lip when Callon looked at the floor. "Ok, my friend. What is it that you will change of my plan? Do you want me to make you a wizard?" He said harshly, immediately regretting it.

Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 11:27
Asëa stood rooted in where she was standing, angry that she was the cause of all this trouble.

"Do you not trust me, Brondil, even after I helped you and your lover and her and their friends escape from that demon? The whole time we've been traveling together, you've treated me distrust. I'm tired of it." When Callon turned and stormed away, she stood and blinked, but before she could say anything to Brondil, he went over to the angry edhel.

After a moment, she followed after them. "And you think I don't trust you? Ok, my friend. What is it that you will change of my plan? Do you want me to make you a wizard?" She watched as Callon thought for a moment.

"Brondil, Callon, I am sorry. This is all my fault." She looked down at the floor and took a deep breath to calm herself down. She looked at them with tears in her eyes, but she refused to let them fall. "If I hadn't been stupid enough to get caught, we wouldn't be here in the first place and while good things have come from this," she smiled shyly at Brondil, even through her fear, "none of us would be in danger." Her voice was soft the whole time she spoke.

Brondil hugged her to him and kissed her gently. She snuggled her head into his side, seeking comfort. Turning her head, she looked at Callon, waiting to hear what he would say.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 12:28
"Don't say such foolish thoughts, Asea. None of this is your fault so don't wallow in self-righteous self pity." Callon turned to Brondil. "And while I appreciate the offer,"he said with a smirk," I just can't picture myself a wizard, even if it were possible. As for the plan, I know Zie better than anyone here. It is I who should go out and face her. I can lure her back here where she could be ambushed and captured."

Callon paused to think fora moment. His eyes lit up as a thought struck him. "Since you're a wizard, I think your magic would be of use. Do you know of any paralyzing spells? Or ones that can temporarily stun? If I can get Zie close enough, do you think you can use some sort of spell? That way, we'll capture her with as little struggle and noise as possible. Well, that's my plan at least."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 01:16
Brondil petted Asea on the head for a while, thinking. "I don't know of any paralyzing spells." He shook his head sadly, nothing was going to work. He thought more about the silencing spells he knew. He furrowed his brow and concentrated on that idea, and it hit him, finally. "Ah ha! I know, I could use a locking spell, and then a silencing spell." Callon looked a bit frustrated it had taken him so long, so Brondil explained. "A locking spell is different in that it locks your joints. She can still make noise, however, and to scream you don't have to move your mouth if it is already open." Callon rolled his eyes. "Look, when you know as many spells as I do, it takes a while. Oh!" He said, thinking again. "I know what I can do! I have a spell that temporarily knocks a person unconcious. That should work, and then I could use a silencing spell and the locking spell for when she wakes up."

Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 01:47
Zie stopped mid-stride, half bent over as she ducked under a low branch. She had been sticking to the shadows to remain out of sight of any sentries, but something had caught her attention…something caught in the back of her brain. For a moment she thought she had heard hushed voices talking angrily, but they were gone again before she had time to orient on them. Her prey was near, this much she was sure of, but how near remained yet to be seen.

Slowly she lowered herself into a crouch where she stood in the shadows, one hand on the low branch, the other still holding her knife. She was very near to their hiding place now, though she had not yet pinpointed their exact location. Caution was her greatest concern. She was alone after all and it would be foolish to be overly confident against at least 6 foes of unknown abilities. Foolishness was something she seldom was. Still, retaking the elven woman was her goal, the rest were of little importance. Why Umion wanted her never entered her mind, for what reasons other than the obvious would a man desire a woman who runs from him.

The questions that did keep worming into her mind was of Callon. Had he helped in the escape or was he a captive, forced to lead the way out? She knew very little of Callon, only that he was a brooding man, quiet and kept to himself for the most part. But for him to be overtaken by a couple of females and a couple of under fed males seemed unlikely at best. If he was taken by force then those that had been held as captives had been greatly under estimated. Then again, if he had helped in the escape would she gain an extra fee for bringing him back or killing him? Why would he help in such a venture? Callon had been in Umions service longer than she, surely with many opportunities to vacate his post. Zie flipped her blade around and held it by the tip as for throwing. If Callon was the first her eyes fell on, she would find out his reasons.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:02
Asëa kissed Brondil and spoke quietly to him. "Be careful, meleth nin. You too, Callon."

After he kissed her back, promising to be careful, she walked over to Verya and sat down, resting her head on her knees.
She watched as the men prepared and set the plan in motion.

She desperately hoped that things went as planned and that nothing went wrong; that no one got hurt or that Zie didn't get by them.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:06
"Hello Zie," Callon said stepping out of his hiding place behind her. After briefly discussing specific details with Brondil, Callon finally set their plan into action. "I figured Lord Umion would send you out to track us. I must say you've done a good job." He took a step closer, but Zie raised her weapon to him. "Don't worry, we're alone. I've put a sleeping potion in their food, so we can talk freely. Perhaps you're wondering why I'm here with these escapees. The answer is really simple. I'm leading them into a false sense of security. See once we're safely inside the castle of Mirkwood they would have gained my trust, and then I can lead Umion straight to the castle. That's why I helped them 'escape'. It had to look real."

He took another step closer. Zie's weapon remained raised. "What's the matter, Zie? Still don't trust me?" he asked spreaing his arms wide, Brondil's signal to cast the spell. "See? I have no weapons."

Brondil cast his spell perfectly and Zie fell forward. "But I do have allies," he said as he picked her up and carried her to the hide out.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:28
Brondil stood waiting, hidden in the doorway, for his signal. He listened intently to the conversation, and he would have jumped out and knocked them both out, had he not had told him his plan before hand. As soon as he raised his hands Brondil muttered a few vicious words of the Black speech and out shot out a black stream of what appeared to be liquid. It hit her straight on the chest and she swayed, finally falling forward. Callon picked her up, and Brondil held the brush aside, to make way. This went easier than I thought. He thought to himself. He smiled at Callon and helped him set Zie down.

"This should last about two hours. Strip her of her weapons, and tie her hands behind her back just in case." He ordered Haisel as he pulled Callon to the side. "You are a worthy thespian, my friend." He said warmly, shaking his hand. "I couldn't have done that better myself." He smiled, and Asëa stepped over to him, he held her around the waist, pulling her to his side.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:42
As Brondil wrapped his arm around her, Asëa breathed a sigh of relief.

"Don't you think that was a little too easy?" She looked at Brondil, an odd look on her face, and she smiled. She leaned into him and chuckled. "What do we do with her now? I don't exactly think she's going to be very cooperative."

She looked down at the immobile woman and frowned. "What is she?" When Callon gave her a dumb stare, she continued, "Is she human? Elvish?" She bent down for a closer look, pulling away the scarf covering her face. "What has been done to her ears?" The concern in her voice surprised her.

She stood back up and wrapped an arm around her lover, leaning into him. She looked speculatively at Callon.

[Edited on 31/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 03:57
"That did seem a bit too easy. Hope to the Valar it won't come back to haunt us.......I don't know what happened to her ears. I didn't see her that often and when I did, she always had that scarf. I do know that she was warrior somewhere in the South. Maybe that's where it happened?"

(Last post for tonight. Gotta be in bed by ten.)
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 04:10
((Ah, okiday then, goodnight))

"Must be, it appears they are cut off, on purpose most likely, as they match. Maybe she was a prisoner or something. Seems like it would be painful." Brondil kneeled down and checked her pulse for a minute, she looked so pale. Her skin was slightly cold, but her beat was pulsing normally. "She'll be fine for now, but I think she is catching a cold. Perhaps we should get her a blanket." He glanced at Callon, leaving the choice up to him. "She must be older than she looks, and her skin is fair, but it is hard to tell if she is really elvish. Her ears would be a dead give away, but as you notice..." He thought for a moment he had seen her move, but he thought he was imagining things. He went ahead and cast the locking spell, and her bent knees snapped forward, and her elbows locked, looking as if it would cause her pain when she recovered. He untied her wrists and pulled her hands out from behind her. He pushed her back to the wall, he had never seen an unconcious person with such good posture, it made him chuckle slightly.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 04:43
Asëa walked over to the wall and returned to Brondil, Callon, Zie with a blanket. She gently covered the woman with the blanket.

"But as you notice what?" When Brondil laughed, she raised an eyebrow at him. "And what exactly are you laughing at?"

When Brondil sat down next to the woman watching her, she sat down beside him. "What do we do now?"
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 05:55
"Well, as you notice that her ears are obviously not in their original state. But that wasn't why I am laughing. It is because I have never seen an unconsious woman, or man, sit with perfect posture." Brondil chuckled again. "Now, we can sleep. It is Tyaro's turn to keep watch, and I will look over Zie. When she wakes, I shall wake Callon, if need be. Now rest, meleth nin, we have a long road ahead of us tomorrow, and let us pray we have no more interruptions. Good night, Asëa, and Callon," He raised his voice a bit to call Callon over from where he stood near the opening to the shelter. "Callon, I think you should rest, you have been up longer than everyone else. I shall wake you when Zie wakes. First though, before you sleep, can you tell Tyaro it is his turn to watch? Thank you." He said when Callon nodded his head and silently moved away. Haisel checked Verya over one last time before curling up against one of the walls under a blanket.

Brondil hugged Asëa to his chest and held her, waiting for her to fall asleep. He leaned his head on the wall and watched Zie's relaxed, rythemic breathing. He wrapped his arms comfortably around the woman in his arms and relaxed as well. He wanted desperately to be back in the palace at this moment, but he knew there were things to do before he could rest fully.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2005 06:43
Zie came awake suddenly, but she did not move. The only change in her physically was her breathing and this became slower and more shallow, less like that of a person asleep. It was dark when she opened her eyes, but she could see well enough the sleeping forms around her.

What had happened? Her mind slid back to when Callon had stepped out of the shadows and surprised her. How he had managed that was more than her mind could tackle at the moment, for only a very few have ever managed to slip up on her like that. As he spoke she had spun the blade in her hand around so that she held the hilt and not the tip, ready to step forward and thrust it into his gullet when the world had gone black and she woke here.

Here she had to assume was the hiding place of her intended prey. Prey...that term was almost comical now that the tables had seemingly been turned. Her first intended movement was to slide her hand toward her boot and the hidden blade there, but she found that she could not move. Grunting softly she tried to force her muscles to obey, but her joints would not bend to her will.

No ropes cut her skin or held her ankles and she knew that her limbs were unbound. Magic….one of them was a magic user. She gave an involuntary shudder as her skin felt momentarily crawlish. How she hated to have magic used on her. No wonder they had caught her so easily. And she stood there and listened to Callons words in her surprise at his sneaking up on her and fell into such foolishness. Perhaps they had used one of their foul spells to cloud her mind. As much as she hated magic, this excuse was easy enough to explain away her own inadequacies for the circumstances she found herself in. In the darkness her cheeks burned with shame. Not since the 5 years she had spent in Sarif Klarire’s desert prison had she lost enough care to allow herself to be captured. Even then she was only taken because she was so over whelmed with numbers that she hadn’t a chance. And now here she sat, captured by those that had sat in the dungeons several floors below her own quarters.

She ceased her struggles to move when one of them noticed she was awake. She met his gaze unblinking as he approached with another. The other she saw was Callon himself. “Why? If you knew…Callon knew who I was…am.” Her eyes moved to Callon’s shadowed form. “Why did you take the time and effort to capture me? Why not just kill me and be done with it?” She snarled at them. Her muscles tensed and she pushed against the spell that held her. “You would do better to reconsider the fact that you did not as this foulness you have bound me with will not last forever.”

(Sarif = I made it up. Title of a Southern Lord in their own language.)

[Edited on 31/8/2005 by Leighlia]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 01:15
Asëa slept comfortably, but even though she slept, she knew Brondil did not.

She woke a few hours later when she realized Brondil was not holding her and she heard voices closeby. When she opened her eyes, she saw Callon and Brondil crouched in front of the obviously angry woman.

She shuffled the few feet over to them until she was next to Brondil. "Why not just kill me and be done with it? You would do better to reconsider the fact that you did not as this foulness you have bound me with will not last forever.” Zie's voice was full of venom.

Asëa looked at the other two for a moment and then back at the tracker and sat. "Why didn't we kill her, my love? It would have saved us the torture of listening to her complain." She didn't want to kill the woman, but was trying to make a point. She looked back towards Brondil and knew he understood what she was doing. "Besides, she does work for Umion and unlike Callon, she has shown no desire to go against him." When she said the name of the dark lord, she scooted closer to Brondil and shuddered.

[Edited on 31/8/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 05:06
"Hmmmmm, why didn't I kill you? Well, first of all, you're more dangerous than that troupe of bumbling idiots you had with you. Second, you'd probably serve a better purpose alive rather than dead. And as for the spell, you're right, it'll wear off eventually, but then we can always bind you or have Brondil recast the spell." Callon informed her.

He sat down very close to her. "So tell me Zie, do you enjoy working for Umion? Do you like serving evil and darkness?"
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 09:28
Zie almost laughed, ignoring the words of the she-elf. “If I were so much more dangerous, then your better choice would have been a blade rather than words and magic. And as you know, Umion does not pay ransom to anyone. He takes captives and demands ransom for them, not the other way around. I have no information to share with you that you don’t already know, Callon. So tell me what use I will be to you.” Again she struggled against the magic that held her.

She glared at Callon when he sat so close to her. "So tell me Zie, do you enjoy working for Umion? Do you like serving evil and darkness?"

“I could ask you the same question Callon, for you have been in his service for longer than I. I serve none but myself…and anyone who pays me well enough…and Umion pays me very well for the services I provide. I care nothing for his causes or plans … or theirs.” She looked towards the others around them since she could not move her head very well to nod toward them, her eyes filled with angry fire. “Neither will do much to alter the course of the world. Each seeks only to solidify their own comforts during the brief span of their lives. Why should I not do the same?” She grunted and tried to shift her position but still could not move. Her backside was falling asleep with the position she sat in on the hard floor.

“Tell me Callon,” She hissed at him. “What is it that you seek out here in the wilds and wilderness, so far from home and hearth and your Master? How long will it be before you lead these new found friends of yours astray? For I see that they do not hold you as prisoner. How long before you remember your old ways and betray them to the evil and darkness, as you call it, that you so willingly served for years? What is it that you hope your actions will accomplish other than a price on your head?”

(Note: Please see slight edits in previous post.)

Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 11:24
"Zie, I was not always Umion's servant and neither were you. I stayed with Umion because he sheltered me in my youth. I felt like I owed him. I think after a couple of decades serving as his right-hand man has payed that debt, don't you think?"

Callon put his face close to hers so he could peer into her eyes. "I seek freedom. To live good, honest life. That's why I left."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2005 02:27
(OOC-> I hope this makes some sort of sense. I am having issues with sounding intelligent tonight.)

Asëa glared angrily at Zie. She wanted to shake her...hard.

"You have no idea why he wanted me, do you?!" She was shaking, she was so furious and she was practically yelling. "You have no idea the trouble people like you cause! Nor do you care! As long as you get paid well, you'll murder or...or anything else you are told to do! We don't want to kill if we don't have to. All we want is for Umion to be gone. Besides, you are not even worth the time and effort that would be necessary for such an act!" She hissed out the last sentence. "At least Callon has the decency to admit he was wrong!"

She had no idea if anything she had just said made any sense, and when she looked at Brondil and he was looking at her strangely, she refused to feel silly and smiled at him, though she was still trembling with anger and stress.

[Edited on 1/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
<< First45678Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email