Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First56789Last >>
Author Topic:
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: All Shall Fade (Still looking for new members. Please PM first.)
on: August 31, 2005 05:41
Zie raised an eyebrow at Asëa when she yelled at her and met her gaze with an acid stare.

"I care not for why he wanted you." In her anger her old accent had thickened and had taken on the Southern slur, but she swallowed it and gave a soft laugh in the angry face of the girl before her. "Why should I care? What has caring ever brought but...." Here she stopped for a moment and before continuing on. She cleared her throat and looked away for a breaths moment before meeting the angy gaze of the woman before her. "Yes, I will murder and steal and kidnap for the right price. Even I must live. I haven't the convience of a warm home where things are provided for me. Yes, I willing go to whom pays best for a light foot and a quick hand and Umion has paid me quite well for quite a while. Even I must eat and have a place to sleep, my dear." Her voice turned to a false sweetness. "But please, by all means, continue to express your outrage as loudly as you please. Although I would be heartily embarrassed to be found like this by my comrades, I will still be pleased enough to get over it when they are attracted by your racket. With luck they will only injure your friends before throwing you over the back of a horse again."

She sighed heavily. "You are naive' in your desire for Umion to be gone. There will always be another to take his place, and behind him another yet." Her tone sounded tired suddenly and she would have wiped a hand over her face if she could have moved. "Evil will always be in the souls of those who walk this land and the worst of them always seems to float to the top."

She turned her gaze back to Callon. "You think it is so easy to just turn and leave after serving as his right hand for so long? His touch will have tainted you just as with everything else he deals with. What do you know of good and honest living? What is it that is good or honest has he left in you? Can you be rid of histaint so easily?" She asked him in a soft and defeated tone.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 03:38
"I don't recall saying that the change would be easy," Callon remarked. "But deciding to leave is the start of a series of steps. It will be a gradual process that I'm willing to go through."

He put a hand under her chin and raised it a little. "You know what I think? I think you want to change. But what's holding you back is fear. Fear that you will lose all that you have worked so hard to gain. Afraid that if you let go trust someone, something bad will happen. I've seen it all too often. There are many like you who have passed down Umion's halls, and all of them have died miserable and alone. Is that what you want?"
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 07:00
Zie sneered with a half laugh and looked away from Callon to the others that were gathered there. "He speaks of trust? Whom here can I trust? Did you "trust" those that held you captive, my Lady?" She asked, addressing Asëa. "Do you truely trust him completely?" She looked over at Callon and back at the angry she-elf again, but she continued before Asëa could give an answer. "How long have you known him to truely trust him? He led you out of Umions lands, but to what fate? He is the right hand of Lord Umion! He can just as easily lead Umion to your place of safety once you gain your destination."

She looked back at Callon again, her tone quiet but acidic. "Do you think I am trust worthy amongst my enemies? Who is it that I should trust? I would hardly think so. What does it matter if one is alone when one dies? You must face what lies in the beyond alone. Best to be used to the feeling."

Again she grunted against the magic that held her as she strained to move and still could not. Angrily she looked away from all of them. "Release me or leave me be. I care little for your thoughts or opinions of me." And she refused to speak to them further.

[Edited on 1/9/2005 by Leighlia]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 07:54
Asëa continued to glare at the tracker woman. She couldn't fathom for the life of her why this woman seemed so hell bent on getting herself killed.

Suddenly, it hit her that she had put them all in danger with her outburst and she was terribly ashamed of her behavior. Turning away from Zie, she looked at Brondil and Callon and said, "I am sorry. We should leave before my mouth gets us in trouble here." Her voice shook and she quickly walked towards her blankets from the night before.

Sitting down and pulling her knees to her chest, she muttered angrily to herself. She heard Brondil sit down next to her and she was glad he didn't touch her, only sat there. Before he could say anything about how she had endangered them all and what she had done, she spoke. "I am truly sorry. That was foolish of me and I know better." In an effort to change the subject, she continued, "How are we going get to Mirkwood if we have to travel with her? I doubt she's going to be very cooperative." She looked over at Callon, who was still sitting next to the venomous female, and then next to herself at Brondil. She gave him a lop-sided smile.

[Edited on 1/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 08:07
"Well, like it or not, Zie, your stuck with us. And while you do have a point about trusting me, tell me why would I risk so much in leaving Umion, and placing my life in the hands of strangers if I did not truly want to live a different life?"

Callon turned when Asea mentioned something about leaving because of her outburst. "If and when we do leave, Brondil, I would suggest recasting that locking spell and casting one of those silencing spells on our guest here," he said indicating Zie.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 11:55
Zie said nothing in response to Callon's question but her mind, even as angry as she was puzzled over it. Why would he risk so much? What was the point? He had, afterall, been Umion's right hand, and most trusted ally. Slowly she shook her head. What was there to gain? As long as one had the essentials...good food, water, occational ale, companionship and occupation...what more was it that Callon desired to have in his life that was not in hers? That was a question she could not seem to find an answer for.

Callon turned when Asea mentioned something about leaving because of her outburst. "If and when we do leave, Brondil, I would suggest recasting that locking spell and casting one of those silencing spells on our guest here," he said indicating Zie.

To this she looked up again at Callon and asked in a quiet, but low tone. "Are you intending to leave me here then while you make your escape? Because I certainly could never sit, much less ride a horse while stiff as a board like this. I'd fall off."

[Edited on 3/9/2005 by Leighlia]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2005 12:13
"Of course we're not going to leave you here. And you won't fall off if we tie you to the horse." A mischievious gleam came into his eyes. "Or would you rather I carried you on my horse?" Callon felt certain that Zie had a large metal pot in her hand she would most definitely hit him over the head with it, but he really couldn't help teasing her. She never was the type to relax every now and again.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 06:36
Asëa watched Callon and Zie for a few minutes. She could see him grinning and was glad to see it.
She turned again to Brondil and smiled at him. "Brondil, what will happen with us once we have returned to Mirkwood?" Her voice was light, but she felt a great weight in the question. Taking his hand in hers, she studied it for a moment and then kissed the palm gently. "What will happen with you and I?"

[Edited on 2/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 10:10
"Just a moment, Callon. And then we shall be on our way." He thought for a moment about Asëa's question and after a while, he looked into her eyes.

"I don't know, Asëa. I honestly don't know." He said, sounding strained. "The only thing I am absolutely sure of, is that I love you. And that won't ever change, no matter what happens." He leaned forward and kissed her gently, feeling her lips on his gave him a sense of control, and he wrapped his arms around her. He pulled away after a moment and sighed. "What I want, Asëa, is to be with you forever, but I cannot do that. What I want right now, is to sit here and kiss you forever." She smiled at him and he grinned back, taking it as a go ahead. He hugged her tightly to him and kissed her feircely, forgetting all others in the room, forgetting what he should be doing, completely losing himself in her.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 10:31
Asëa poured herself into the kiss, never wanting it to end. She knew that he was upset about something, but it just kept getting pushed to the side because of her problems.

"Brondil," she began her voice very soft, "I love you more than I ever thought I could love anyone. What makes you think you cannot be with me forever? I shall never leave you. I shall always be at your side." She looked into his green eyes and felt as though she could see directly into his soul. Gently brushing his hair back, she continued, "What is it that is bothering you, my love? I can see it in your eyes and hear it in your voice." Knowing he would try to avoid answering her by not looking at her, she gently took his chin in her hand and directed his gaze towards her. "Please tell me." Her voice was pleading.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 11:55
Brondil tore his gaze from her's and stood up quickly. "I don't want to talk about it." He whispered harshly and grabbed his staff walking over to Callon and Zie. He muttered the stiffening curse, pointing the emerald atop directly at Zie. she wiggled a bit, as the ray of black light shoot aat her must have made her uncomfortable. She snapped her head in his direction, her eyes filled with hate. He half smiled as he nodded to Callon before casting the silencing spell. This time a green beam of light flew from his staff, hitting her square in the chest. He walked over to her and tapped her lightly on her cheek, she turned her head and closed her eyes breifly. He put his hands about her waist and lifted her into a standing position, leaving her for Callon to deal with.

Brondil walked to the ladder and looked up to find Tyaro sitting on the ledge, staring off into the distance. "Anything?" Tyaro shook his head, and Brondil grinned, he would be able to get the three horses that were off somewhere, hopefully together. He avoided Asëa's gaze as he prepared the two horses that had spent the night in the shelter for the long ride ahead of them. Haisel helped him, and the two were quickly loaded. Brondil went out, in search of Zie's horse, which he found quickly, as it was still standing relatively close to the shelter. He held the horse's reigns in his hand and whistled for Olirra and Rengo. The horses must not have been far off, because only a minute or two had gone by before he heard hooves in the distance.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 12:12
Asëa sat on the floor in shock. She could feel pain as though he had physically hit her.The anger and frustration she had seen in his eyes had surprised her and she was desperately hurt that he had responded to her concern so harshly. She was afraid to push the subject and so did not follow him. It hurt her even more that he continued to avoid looking towards her the entire time they were preparing to leave.

When all the horses were caught, loaded and tacked, they began to mount their respective horses. Asëa again sat in front of Brondil on Olirra, but instead of leaning back into him, she sat forward, incredibly uncomfortable, so as not to touch him, and where she would normally have talked during their ride, she was silent and spoke to no one.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 12:26
Brondil rode through the woods, leading the others and watching out for any other riders. He looked at Asëa's stiff form and he physically ached for her to touch him, but he was having a hard time swallowing his pride and saying anything. Finally he let down his shield and sighed, breathing deeply before he said anything. "Asëa." He whispered, making sure he had her attention. "I- I'm sorry. I just, sometimes I over re-act. Can you forgive me?"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2005 02:27
Asëa struggled with her own pride for a moment before carefully scooting herself back a little and leaning against him. She could hear his soft sigh of relief as though he had been in some sort pain without her there and his body relaxed drastically. Slowly, as though he were afraid of something, he wrapped his arms around her in a manner that allowed him to hold her close as well as guide Olirra. She felt immensely better against him with his arms around her. She felt safe again.

Leaning her head against his shoulder, she spoke softly. "Of course I can forgive you, Brondil. But please talk to me next time, instead of avoiding me...or snapping at me." She turned her head, so that she could look at him. "We need to be able to talk, my love. Will you tell me why you think that I shall not always be with you; why we won't be together forever?" She stopped for a moment and wrapped her hands around his. "Please tell me what has you so upset. And don't tell me nothing. I saw anger and sadness and pain in your eyes before."

He squirmed a little behind her and let out a soft sigh. She saw the pain and the sadness and the anger in his eyes again, but this time, she thought she saw something else; she thought she saw fear.

What are you so afraid of, my love? she thought to herself, wanting to make it all go away; to protect him from his troubles as he did for her.

[Edited on 3/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]

[Edited on 3/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2005 10:59
Zie only glared at Callon and his mention of carrying her on his horse. Spell or no spell, she would be damned if she would be treated as a sack of potatoes over anyones horse, much less his. ‘Just wait,’ She thought to herself, ‘until this spell wears off.’ If she had something hard and heavy and the ability to swing it…..

Glaringly she watched as the other two moved away and began to talk. With her keen ears she heard every whispered word and saw each uncomfortable expression. ‘Ah, trouble in paradise?’ She thought with a small smile, watching closely. But Brondil stood suddenly and tore himself from Asëa, striding her way. He pointed his staff at her and she finally understood what it was that she had been missing. He was a wizard…a user of magic…and the one who held her bonds, so to speak. Her mouth opened to protest, but before a word passed her lips his dark spell hit her, blackness seeping from his staff like a poison. Her body trembled and as the spell took its effect she felt that darkness inside of her. He had used words of the dark speech and for a moment she felt sick, but it wasn’t just a sickness of body. It felt as though some part of her, deep inside was curling away and taking life with it. Her eyes opened wide. Did it not effect the others hearing those words spoken near them? Was it only because he poured that darkness into her to stiffen her joints?

She wanted to scream, but a moment later another spell was cast and she could make no sound at all. Swallowing several time, she briefly closed her eyes, not looking at the wizard. With the settling of the second spell, the effects of the first was dissipated and her anger returned as fully as before, but now something new was added to it, something that she would never admit to another soul as long as she lived. Closing her eyes again she swallowed several times, pushing fear down deep and tried to think of other things. How could this day get any worse? And how in the name of the creator will she ever be able to sit a horse with such stiffness in her body? She was surely to feel ever jolt and jostle instead of rolling with the stride of the animal. It was certain that she would feel sore and extremely stiff when this ….this thing wore off again. Then she would have her opportunity to strike. The first on her list would be the wizard.

As if she were a doll she was lifted to her feet and leaned against the wall before the wizard walked away again. Reopening her eyes she turned a look of pure malice on the wizards back and since he was no longer paying any attention to her, she turned that look on Callon. Fine. Let them do their best getting her on a horse. Secretly she was wishing two things. One: That they would have just ran a sword through her rather than make her endure this indignity. And two: that she hoped she fell of the horse they put her on and slowed them down enough that Umions men could catch up while they spent their time in having to haul her back into the saddle again. In the mean time, she had no choice but to play statue and wait, wait to see where it was they would take her.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 04:58
"Asëa." Brondil whispered, looking into her eyes. "You can ask me to cast almost any sort of spell, blinding, stiffening, love, silence, adrenilane, sickness, health... and I can do it. One of the only things I can't do, and can't learn to do..." He swallowed a few times, as his throst had become dry. "Is become immortal. During my training with Gandalf, I once asked him to show me this power, but it was beyond even him." He looked down at their hands intwined and bit his lip, slowly drawing in breath. "No matter how much I love you, I could never let you lose your immortality and marry me. I couldn't marry you if you didn't, because you would watch me grow old and die, and you would be left alone, forever, unless you found love again."

He looked up to see a single tear sliding down her cheek. It nearly ripped his heart out. "Asëa, you know very well, we'd have to talk about this. We couldn't just go on the way we are now, without marrige, I could not bring myself to, well to debase you in any way." He wiped her tear away with his thumb only to have another fall in it's place. He wanted to stab himself in the stomach, as it would not hurt as much as what he was doing.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 05:31
Asëa tried to stop the tears that fell at Brondil's words, but found it to be an impossible task.

Gathering all the strength and courage she could, she leaned into her lover more and took a deep breath, so as to steady herself.

"Brondil," she said softly as it was harder to speak than she had thought. "Perhaps there are some who find love with more than one, but I am not one of those people. I have never loved before you and I shall never love anyone as I have loved you again." Her voice shook and she hated herself for being so weak. Looking into his eyes, she gave him a watery smile and gently kissed away the tears that had formed on his cheeks. "Meleth nin, I would rather live a mortal life with the love I have found with you than live the immortal life of my people without you. I would not survive. I would rather spend a mortal life as your wife than be alone for eternity." She was terrified that she would lose him. In the short time she had known and loved him, he had become the most important being in her life.

Her voice softened so that Brondil had to strain to hear her. "If you wish to leave this behind when we return, so as to prevent anymore pain, I will understand." His arms tightened greatly around her body as she said that and she struggled to control the sudden urge to vomit, her breathing increasing. If he told her he wished to do just that, to prevent more pain to either party by going their seperate ways, she knew that she would fade away. All the love in the world from her 'foster brothers' couldn't make that pain go away.
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 05:46
Brondil saw the fear behind her eyes, and he felt her stomach convulse when he hugged her tightly to him. It took him almost a minute to struggle with himself before he could trust himself enough to let words come out. "If, if that is truly how you feel, meleth nin, I- I am not the one who could stop you. I don't ever want to lose you, I would rather die than have to face the rest of my life without you. That is the opposite I am asking of you, is it not? I would die if we were to part forever, and if you stay with me, you will..." He looked into her eyes once more. "Be mortal." He closed his eyes for a moment, knowing full well that this was the most precious gift that she could ever give, save children. "Are you sure you want to do that?"
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 06:07
Asëa's eyes filled with tears and she laughed chokingly. She knew the weight of what she was giving him; she knew he knew how precious it was; that it would not be given casually.

"My immortality is of little importance to me. I could live 5,000 years and, without being by your side, they would be completely meaningless." She smiled at him and when he looked at her, his eyes were filled with love.

"I have found my home, Brondil." When he gave her a strange look, she put her hand over his heart and continued, "It is by your side, wherever that may be. I would never have given my immortality to anyone but you." She paused for a moment and took a deep breath. "Brondil, my heart, I freely give my immortal life up in exchange for a mortal one by your side."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2005 06:32
Brondil looked at her, dumbfounded for a moment. He slowly felt from her fingertips up he arms to her shoulders, caressing her skin as if she were something strange and beautiful that he had only before dreamed about. He looked into her eyes before he leaned in and softly kissed her, gradually increasing it into hot, passionate kissing while he ran his fingers through her long hair. He pulled away, panting. "I love you, Asëa." He whispered softly, before gently kissing her neck, drawing a giggle, which she tried to stiffle. He smiled brightly at her, putting some of his attention back to his surroundings.

After they had been traveling for ten minutes, Brondil saw something move out of the corner of his eye and heard the distinct sound of a snapping twig. He silently halted the group and looked around, seeing and hearing nothing. Another moment went by, and Brondil was about to start the group off again, when Asëa's grip on his arm tightened.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2005 06:59
Asëa's breathing increased and she plastered herself against Brondil.

Turning carefully in the saddle, she looked towards Callon and Zie. The tracker was sitting in front of Callon because they had been unable to devise a suitable way to keep her on her horse. Callon looked anxious and Zie had a frustrated resignation written on her face.

She heard more snapping twigs and then the soft snuffling of horses. Panicked, she turned towards Brondil and looked at him pleadingly. "Brondil, there are more than us and they are very close."

She saw the guarded look in his eyes and knew that he would be very dangerous in battle. She took what little comfort that thought gave her. Brondil's arms tightened around her waist, drawing her as close to him as she could get. She had no idea if this was friend or foe on their tail and she doubted anyone else knew either.

[Edited on 5/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2005 01:40
(OOC:Sorry it's been so long. School started again. )

"Brondil, there are more than us and they are very close."

Callon looked up from his balancing act to hear what Asëa said. "Perhaps we should make a run for it, or wherever we're going?" he suggested.
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2005 08:04
There was someone, or several someones getting closer and closer to them as time passed. She had been aware of it for some time, but the spells that held her did not allow her to take any action. When Brondil stopped their small group, Zie's attention was more for the sounds of the snapping of twigs than the concerns of the group around them. Unfortunately she did not know if those unknown were her men or others. Still, it might be worth the risk to try to hail them, but with the silencing spell that held her, that point was a moot one.

The muscles of her legs and back complained as she was not able to roll with the gentle gait of the animal she sat on in front of Callon due to that dark spell the wizard had cast on her. A few hours of natural movement, stretching out stiffened muscles, would ease the soreness she was sure. Her anger and humiliation still smoldered deep down and Callon seemed to be enjoying her misfortunes and discomfort, teasing her lightly from time to time. If only she could move, she'd shove him to the ground and, seizing the horse, ride swiftly away until she could turn the tide of events back to her own favor.

As her mind worked over these things, her fingers gripped tightly in the mane of the horse. Her thoughts stopped. Her eyes dropping, she could just see her hands as she could not yet move her head. Yes, it was slight, but her fingers did move. That hateful dark spell was wearing off. If she were careful and quiet perhaps they would not notice. When the rest of her loosened she would still have to remain stiff and immovable with Callon sitting behind her, else he would know she was no longer bound. That would mean a longer stint of sorness, but if she could free herself it would be worth it.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2005 01:16
Callon noticed the ever so slight twitches of Zie's hands, but said nothing about it. It would be a long time before she got full use of her body and probably still longer before she could work out the soreness that it would most likely produce.

Instead, he urged Brondil go faster. "Brondil, I think it would be wise to get wherever we are going as fast as possible. We don't know who it could be and besides, your spells won't last forever."

He leaned in close to Zie and whispered in her ear. "Don't forget, my dear, that you are our captive now. If you try anything you can easily be overpowered. It would also be wise to remember that I wasn't appointed Umion's right hand for nothing."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 10, 2005 03:53
Asëa had the feeling that running was not going to solve their problem. Whoever it was that was near knew that they were there, or they would once the horses started moving again.

It seemed that Brondil agreed with Callon, however, and she did not think that now was the time for a disagreement and therefore said nothing. Setting the pace at a hard gallop, they left the place where they had heard the strangers.

After some minutes of travel, however, Asëa heard the sound of hoofbeats behind them. "Brondil," she said in a loud whisper. "They are behind us. I think we might have to find a different way of escape." Of course she realized that the strangers might just be friends of Legolas's, but the group of escapees had no way of knowing that, and therefore, could not take the chance that they were enemies.
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 02:56
Hello? Are you all still out there?
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 03:56
(OOC:I'm still here, but I have nothing to react to!)
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2005 04:00
(OOC-> Yes, I know. I need Brondil or Zie to do something...Preferably Brondil. Frodurien hasn't posted in days and she is really the one we are waiting for, I think.)
Leighlia
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 06:24
(I was waiting for Brondil too. I'll go ahead then and I apologize in advance for the shameless character manipulations that I do here and hope that I will be forgiven…)

~*~

Zie had a terse response for Callons whispered warnings, but the silencing spell still held her and she could say nothing. ‘Easily overpowered?’ She thought. ‘Well, we shall see.’

The hard gallop that they set into was enough to jar her teeth with her body stiff as it was, but it was easing slowly. Never had her thighs ached so from riding a horse. Callon kept an arm around her middle, holding her tightly as they sped from their followers. This was effective enough in keeping her from falling off, but kept her pressed tightly against Callons chest. Somehow she had to get him to loosen his hold or when he fell, she’d tumble right after him.

The spell was wearing off and as they rode she could feel her body take on the rolling gait of the animal beneath them. Too long had she rode stiff and stony that she would have difficulties pretending to keep stiff, and it was impossible at a gallop. Certain that Callon could sense the change in her she chose this time to move. Better now than not at all. Her movements were slowed by the last remnants of that awful spell, but they were enough.

Grasping Callons hand that was around her middle she lifted it, and as she felt the strong muscles in his arm tighten in response she bent and sunk her teeth into the thick part of his hand beneath the thumb and bit down as hard as she could, a metallic taste filling her mouth. He would strike at her, she knew, but he needed his other hand to hold onto the galloping horse. He flinched, but did not pull away. He was smart enough to know that that would only cause more damage making her teeth tear at his skin. His arm was lifted enough and she drew up her elbow and rammed it back into his ribs as hard as she could twice, satisfied with the grunts of pain as each blow landed. She released his hand from her teeth when he dropped his arm to protect his ribs. Asëa and Brondil were riding ahead and did not immediately see the struggle that was going on behind them. A glance told her that the distance between them was growing and that was good. Zie desperately wanted to be away from that wizard and his dark spells. The horse Callon and Zie rode noticed it well enough and slowed, unable to continue at such a pace with two people fighting on his back. Zie reached for the reigns and pulled, making the horse dance, dirt flying around his hoofs.

Opening her mouth to yell to their pursuers as she fought Callon, hoping beyond hope that they were her men she attempted to call out to them, but that spell was still intact and no sound came out. Clamping her legs around the ribs of the horse she pounded her elbow back into Callon again and again, twisting to try and find the center of him where she would drive the wind from him and unseat him, not giving him a chance to draw blade or issue another warning threat. She was not willing to give up the animal and just jump off and run, knowing that with the last of the spell on her and the soreness of her limbs she'd never be able to run fast enough to get away.

The horse reared and whinneyed loudly in protest when she pulled hard on the reigns again and she shoved back against Callon trying to free herself of him once and for all. The animal stumbled and threatened to fall, but she could feel Callon slip from his seat behind her. For a moment she would have yelled with triumph, if she had the voice for it, but that triumph vanished into a gasp of surprise and pain when she felt a hard yank and she too tumbled from the back of the horse and landed half on top of Callon on the ground, his bleeding fist wrapped in her dark hair.

[Edited on 12/9/2005 by Leighlia]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2005 11:10
(Aw, she really,really tried, didn't she? Zie, I mean. I don't mind the Char. Manipulation. I enjoyed what was posted. I hope you'll forgive for using the same manipulation.)

After getting over the initial shock of Zie trying to best him and send him off his steed, Callon finally managed to get the situation in his favor. Just as he started to unseat himself when the horse tumbled, he grabbed Zie by the hair and dragged her down with him. Valar knows he wouldn't have allowed her to mock him and leave him stranded.

Interestingly enough, she had landed on top of him with both her hands clining tightly to his tunic, and he had a bloody fist in her hair and an arm around her waist.

"Now what did I tell you about trying this sort of thing?" he asked in an admonishing voice. "You're just making harder on yourself," He grabbed her wrists and hauled her up. "Now look, you've made my horse run off, which will of course alert the others, and they'll come back and Brondil will cast that spell again." He looked in the direction of the others.

Zie tried to pull away, but he tightened his grip, which caused her to cry out, but because of the silencing spell, it was reduced to nothing.She instead resorted to kicking him in the shins, which, although it caused some pain, due to their difference in size and weight it it didn't have much of an effect.

"Are you finished?" he asked in a mocking tone. "We can wait till you're worn out." This only renewed her attempts break free. "Well, since you insist on behaving like this, I'm afraid I'll have to do this." He seized both wrists in one of his and punched with his other hand. Zie went limp, and he had to catch her with both arms. "I'm sorry," he whispered.

He tore strips from his tunic to make crude bindings and tied Zie with it, then tore away more strips to bandage his hand. Then he picked Zie up and headed off to find the others.

(OOC: Just so you know, I do NOT condone Callon's actions, but being the person was and is becoming, he did it out of necessity. If that makes sense. :blush: )

[Edited on 12/9/2005 by Lady_Tolwen]
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 06:53
(OOC-> Sorry it took so long for me to post. I was waiting to see if Frodurien would post first...And yes, Lady, that made sense.)

Suddenly, Asëa and Brondil heard Callon's horse gallop up behind them and turning to look, they noticed that there were no riders on its back. Without a second thought, he grabbed the horse’s reins and turned Olirra around back the way that they had come.

They were close enough to see Callon punch Zie in the face and Asëa huffed out a grumble despite her better thoughts on the subject. When Olirra skidded to a stop, Asëa slid off the mare's back and took the reins of Callon's horse from her lover. Walking toward the edhel and the limp woman, she eyed him suspiciously and asked, "What happened?"

She turned to look at Brondil a moment and, then turning back to Callon, noticed his wrapped hand and the blood seeping through the cloth. "What happened to your hand?"

Tying the horse’s reins to a branch, she walked over to him. "Put her down and let me look at your hand." When he hesitated, she gave him a look that would have made even the most ornery child obey and he gently placed Zie leaning against a tree.

Taking his hand in hers, she removed the cloth wrapping and gently touched it. When he hissed quietly in pain, she let go of his hand and retrieved a water skin and one of her packs from Rengo. When she returned to Callon, she tore off a piece of cloth from her clothing and proceeded to gently wash the wound. Frowning, she bent closer to examine the wound. "Did she bite you?" Her voice was filled with surprise and even a little laughter.

When she looked at Brondil, who had dismounted, he raised an eyebrow and she could see the laughter in his eyes. She turned back to face Callon and said, "Did she? If she did, she took a good bite out of you." Callon proceeded to give her a terribly dirty look.

[Edited on 14/9/2005 by Aranel_Toroniel]
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 12:10
Callon was relieved when he saw Asea and Brondil. "What happened?" Asea asked.

"What does it look like?" Callon grumbled. "She tried to overpower me, and she failed."

He further irritated when Asea tried to dress his wounded hand without laughing, and not succeeding very well. "It's not funny!" he said, glaring at her. "You should be thanking me for not letting her escape and run back to her master."
Aranel_Toroniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2005 12:25
Asëa rolled her eyes at Callon and schooled her face into a less humorous arrangement. "Thank you for preventing her escape."

The polite expression lasted only another moment before she broke out into a fit of giggles. "It's only that she bit you. I mean...It's just really funny..." Her words were punctuated by giggling. She trailed off however when both Brondil and Callon glared at her; Callon's glare could have killed the Valar themselves.

Feeling rather sheepish, she finished rewrapping Callon's hand. "There. All finished."

Walking over to Zie, she found that the tracker was not injured terribly bad. She cleaned the blood off her face, where Callon had so generously connected his fist with her face, and then sat back on her heels. Turning her head towards the two men, she said, "Is there any way you can 'bind' her without using that spell again?" She waited patiently for his answer, knowing that his silence meant that he was deep in thought.
Lady_Tolwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 07:10
"Well, she already bound with my tunic," Callon answered indicating what was left of his tunic that he was wearing. "But if you want to find some rope or happen to have some hithlain with you, be my guest and bind her."
Frodurien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2005 05:01
((I'm terribly sorry, school started, and now that I have drama club at two diff. schools, and voice and piano and karate, along with my new job, i have absolutely no time whatsoever. But, I will try to post whenever i can.))

Brondil was on the lookout for approaching horses, but it seemed they had past them by, not noticing that two had stopped and the rest gone back after, looking for them. Of course, they would notice they weren't following anything at some point, and they should leave sooner than soon.

He whipped around when Asëa began giggling uncontrollably, and even though he too had thought the situation rather humorus, he was in no mood to be caught and have to fight to the death. She stopped giggling, and he listened to the conversation, still trying to listen for any other approaching horses or footsteps. He shook when he noticed a great spider pass by in the trees above them. Spiders had always sent his skin crawling. "I have a small amount of rope in one of the bags, and that should be enough to hold her, along with most of your clothes, Callon." He whispered teasingly. "I think I shall re-cast the silencing spell, however, that way we won't have to gag her." He searched through two bags before finding the rope, and he went to work tying her elbows tightly to her waist, and Callon got her the up on the horse. Brondil tied her legs together under the horse, which he knew would get extreamly uncomfortable, but it would stop her from kicking at Callon.

He pointed his staff at her chest, and cast the spell once again. This time, however, her eyes shot open and she tried to say something, failing and resorting to glaring daggers at Brondil. Brondil chuckled slightly and patted her arm. "Good girl, keep quiet and you won't get into trouble."
<< First56789Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email