Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC for 'The Reunion'
on: March 07, 2006 11:37
Tanzy, Elfstan, Kain and Gabby would like to get together for our bit of the separation at the Midgewater Marshes. Any suggestions as to times, being as we are running out of it?

I am free most evenings. Wednesday after 3:30 MST.
Thusday free after about 5:00 MST. and Friday free after 3:30 again. Saturday is also looking flexible as I have no set plans yet.
However, should a situation arise, such as asked to go to the movie "The Libertine" I would take the chance and go.

No offers as of yet.

Let me know. Post your times here and let's have some fun at the marshes where they just love to eat hobbit.

Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2006 02:14
I have all day Friday off. :disco: :rolling: :cheers: So anytime Friday or Saturday for that matter would be okely dokely by me. I'm easy. Not cheap...but easy.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2006 04:13
Ah a fellow Ned Flanders fan, if I am not mistaken, Elf. Lol!! Dam-diddly-fine with me for Friday.

It would be fun travelling through the Marshes with such stalwart companions. :hug:

Gabby seems to be available for 3:30 onwards, hope Tanzy will make it. That would make it 8:30 ish for me.

I have PM'd you Hobbits with an idea that rolled round this grumpy head. Speak soon.

Káin

balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2006 09:12
Hi everyone.

Just wondering if we are going to have an RP tomorrow. I will be there.

I will be posting a thread tonight. Right now I have to get ready for work.

Talk to you all later.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 05:16
Hi, All!
:cry: It seems like forever since we've all been together at the same place at the same time.

I have seen that all of our characters have had their say and it seems that we're heading towards Weathertop. My burning question is, "When do we get together again?" Let me know, and I'll be there with bells on. I'm figuring that next Sunday won't work as it's our favorite Hobbit cook's birthday.

:disco: A very happy birthday to Janell on Wednesday and Gabby next Sunday!

It's been very quiet here in cyberland. I've missed you all more than you know. It was fun talking again yesterday, Jane!

:hug: Janell
:hug: Gabby
:hug: Tanzy
:hug: Káin
:hug: Belle
:hug: Melgir

Elfstan the Wonder Hobbit and his faithful sidekick Ríanor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 01:34
Hi :wave:

Just managed to bob on here from work. Bad news, I am afraid, my comp has turned it toes up. :killcomp: However, I hope to be back on Sunday, one way or another.

I hope we can get together soon.

Sunday is Mothering Sunday over here in the UK, so I am being taken for a meal by Julie and Andrew. :love:

I echo Elfstan with her birthday wishes for you Janell and Gabby. Warmest hugs to both of you and hope you have great days. :love: :hug:

Hugest, warmest Hugs to Elfstan, Tanzy and Belle, too.

Káin/Rose xxxxx
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 11:28
Dear Friends,
I am up for an Rp on March 26, birthday or not. Besides I can't think of a better bunch to spend the day with than the lot of you, pottering around Middle-Earth. It's just another day as far as I'm concerned. When you get to be my age you just hope you can actually get out of bed in the morning.

Hope to see you all Sunday March 26 at the usual time.
Tanzy won't be there.

balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2006 04:46
Hi everyone.

Just to let you all know, I will be there with bells on.

Happy Birthday Gabby. :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: to everyone else.

I hope your there too Rose.

namarié
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2006 05:45
After reading the posts above it looks like the only ones that March 26 is a good day for are Belle, ELfstan, Janell and Gabby.
We'd be missing two key players. I'll be here shortly after 12:00 MST to see what you all want to do but we may need to set a different day.

Janell-Is it your birthday too. I didn't know. When are everyone's birthday's? I think I missed that memo!

Let me know. See you later today.
Gabs
One year older, not necessarily any wiser. Tee Hee!
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2006 01:46
Did you meet March 26? My son bought me a new motherboard for the comp (as a Mothering Sunday gift - sweetheart that he is. ), so Sunday was taken up with him trying to manipulate the darn thing to work. Well, it did and it didn't, so he is round tonight to factory restore it. *sigh*.

If you did meet, I hope you had a good time and I can tag on at the end. Lol!! *Káin runs after the group, beard flying*
He he he he

Hope you had a good birthday, Janell and Gabby. Hugs.

♪♪Off I go, but I'll be back soon. La la la la la♪♪

Well you have to keep your chin up. Lol!! Sees ya. :hug:

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2006 02:27
We did miss you, Rose! Like your computer, we met but didn't. We gabbed but didn't do an RP. We wanted to wait for our stalwart dwarf and perky Hobbit lass before continuing upon our merry way. Plus Sue and I have one more Belle/Rían installment to put in. I'll get that up tonight. BTW, Sue, again, your strawman was terrific!

We thought that maybe the 9th would be a good day for an RP. I blew next week through having a sorority function that I need to go to. I haven't been to a sorority thing since December; they are going to forget who I am! LOL

Work and orkilings calleth, so I must be away. Have a good week, All. And Rose, I hope your computer ills will soon be cured. Tanzy, we are missing your bright shiny personality as well! We miss you a lot! :hug:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2006 12:56
Good times, ladies, good times
:cry: We missed you lots, Tanzy!

Middle Earth News

Next meeting date:
April 23 1:00 p.m.

The editing order is as follows:
Janell
Tanzy
Elfstan
Káin
Belle
Gabby

See you all there!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 01:38
I just read what was posted. It was wonderful! I just so enjoy reading what you all add after I've seen it. Let's take turns patting ourselves on the back.

On a more depressing note...I won't be able to play on the 23rd. Some very dear friends are coming to town and want to go fossil hunting as well as morrell (sp?) mushroom hunting. I had to chuckle to myself about the mushroom hunting though. What a truly Hobbitish pastime. Would you please leave a spot for Rían and Elfstan? Also, feel free to make use of them in any way that you deem necessary and/or appropriate.

Alas, the Mines and orklings call, so I must away. 18 more days of school. Man, where *has* the year gone??

*good thoughts to all of you and have a wonderful week!*
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2006 10:00
Hi everyone.

I will be disappointed that Elfstan won't be there but we will save a space for you on Sunday.:cry:

Speaking of Sunday, I will be there with bells on. I live for Sunday RP's. :disco:

See you all there.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2006 12:48
I'm so sorry for bugging out on you guys today, but I just felt (feel) lousy. Darned old bugs anyway. I don't know what took up residence within me, but I sure as heck wish it would move out..NOW.

Sue, I'm so sorry for your sister's loss. I'm sending good thoughts her way.

Rose, I missed you! Seems like I've been missing you a lot lately. :cry:

Anyway, next week will work for me, the week after is okay, as is the week after that. That week I'll have my dancin' shoes on as the last day of school is on the 12th. :disco: The week after that though...the 20th-21st we're out of town on vacation. I don't know if I'll be back by that next weekend or not. Probably. I'll just have to wait and see.

I've had enough computer time fun for now. It's back to the couch for me. I hate being sick.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2006 05:48
Hi gals.

I too was sad that we weren't all there today.

I'm available any Sunday. So whatever Sunday you gals pick will be fine with me. This gave me time to work on the rp with Celeborn. Man, it is hard. I had to do a history on him to find out what he was like.

Anyway, hope we get together next Sunday.

namarié
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2006 05:32
:love:
So far as I know, next Sunday will be okay. Course, I don't know much! Missed everybody at the RP. Hope you are all better now, Elfstan. See [/i]you [i] soon.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2006 09:19
I too must apologize for missing the RP scheduled for April 23. We have been fighting the weather here to get the farm ground ready for planting. We get rain and then it takes just so long to dry and then we have to work the ground while we can and then it rains again and we have to wait to plant. Nearly all of the plowing is done now. Just five acres left. Then we have to finish planting and level off the plowed fields and plant them. The weather is supposed tohld for several days now so hopefully we will get that done.

If we are RPing on April 30 I will probably be able to be there.

On a different note: Sue-So sorry for the loss in your sister's family. Eflstan-hope the bugs are all gone. Rose-We miss you.
I miss all of you and am dying to get together again and visist with each other and work on the story.

New for all of you. My daughter joined the Navy. She leaves for boot camp on June 13. I'm proud of her. SHe is taking steps to advance her future and to secure a college education. We certainly didn't have the money to give her for it, nor would we. We have always felt that you appreciate more, that which you have to work to achieve. She will be 24 when her commitment is over and then she will have another 4 years as a reservist. At least I think that's how it works. At any rate she should be able to fulfill her dream of becoming a Physicians Assisstant which takes quite a lot of schooling.

Hugs to all of you and again sorry for being so "out to lunch" lately.

Love Y'all
Gabs
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 02:24
Does anyone know where the strawman is? I think we lost him! LOL

Also, would anyone know the next date for the RP? My mind is mush with all the end of year stuff that's floating through it.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 07, 2006 06:12
Hi.

Didn't know if there was an RP today but Belle and I were there.

Elfstan: I looked at the order and you are after Tanzy and I sent it to her last Sunday. I wonder if she still has it? I know when I did my part, it was over 2,000 words. We may need to split it in 2.

Anyway, I know that Belle won't be there next Sunday because of Mother's day. We will have to find another Sunday.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 07:29
I checked my MSN History and I think we agreed on Sunday June 4. That's when we should all be available.

*taps fingers, waiting for the strawman* Lol!! Hope he isn't in some cornfield, scaring the crows.

Hugs to everyone. :love:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2006 10:08
Sunday June 4th is good for me as well. If I have seen the strawman I cannot remember it as I have the same mush in my brain as Mary. Too much to do at the end of a school year. Why can't we let the kids go and then mail the rport cards and test results and all that crap a week or so later when we've had time to sort ourselves out. Just had Cinco de Mayo after test week, then we have the Planetarium this week and the swimming party on the 24th and the awards assembly/spring program on the 18th or 19th. It's a zoo.
Love and Hugs to all
Deb:heart:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2006 04:16
My dearest co-writers. I wanted to let you all know that the Strawman has at last passed to the last writer. I also wanted to let you know that I changed 1 word that should have been capitalized, one word that had a space in the middle of it and a "don't" to "do not". I hope this does not offend anyone. Please feel free to give me a verbal lashing if it does. I have missed you all and cannot wait to work on the two scenes that we have to write, with all of you on June 4. Looking very much forward to Mary's impending visit as well. At last we will have nearly all of us met with someone else with whom we share so much of our lives.

Love to you all,

Debbie/Gabby/Brandywine:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2006 08:02
Received it, edited it and posted.

I hope my tweaking is agreeable with everyone. :blush: Feel free to hit me with a wet tissue, if not. Lol!!

It is such a wonderful piece of writing and I am looking forward to June 4.

Hope you have a great time, Debbie and Sandy, meeting Mary.

Rose/Káin
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2006 08:14
Hi Ladies.

Just read the post and it is WONDERFUL. :disco: We rock!!!!!! You all did a great job. I would like to thank the person who included some Elvish talking in my part of the post. It would have brought back memories for Melgir. Thank you.

I will see you all on June 4.
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2006 07:16
We certainly do, Jane. It was me that added the Elvish and you are welcome.

Hugs to all.

Rose xx
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2006 11:39
:wave: Hi, all!
I've just returned from the journey at 4:30 a.m. Saturday morning. We went through The Shire, Lothlorien, Emyn Muil, the Plains of Gorgoroth, Mordor, and back again. The journey was most pleasant with my two steadfast Hobbit friends by my side. The spousal unit was most welcome as well. In a word or actually a phrase, it was a BLAST meeting Tanzy and Gabby. My only regret was that the rest of you weren't there. I kept thinking of all of you and wishing with all my heart that you could have all been there. Your ears should have been ringing quite a bit with the conversations we had about you all. All to the good as you should well know.

I haven't had a chance to look at the RP. I just have waded through my e-mail from the week past. Man, it sure piles up when you're gone! But I will now toddle off to look. Take good care, all, and I'm looking forward to June 4th as well.
Hugs,
Elf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 05:36
I would like to thank Elfstan for coming to visit us and taking the time to travel through some of those places she mentioned. We visited Craters of the Moon National Monument which does look an awful lot like Mordor or Emyn Muil. We thouroughly enjoyed meeting her and being in her company. It was as if we were meeting old friends. Glad at last to have a person to put with the name and voice I am so often with online. We did, as Elfstan said, miss and think of all of you. It has been too long since we were all together and I am looking heartily forward to our online excursion tomorrow.

Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2006 02:55
I will be there with bells on as well tomorrow. I am really excited about being with all of you to write again. Writing isn't going to be happening a whole lot for me this month...well, if you count writing for my own enjoyment not for class. My classes start on the 12th, and with how my month is shaping up, you will probably either find me in a corner in the fetal position or you will have to be peeling me off the ceiling. OR...I could be babbling away to my invisible friends in my favorite corner too. Who knows? I'll let you know how it goes! LOL

See you tomorrow at 1:00 p.m. PoG time!
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2006 11:33
Well girls, yesterday was another great meet. :love: I love our get togethers and the way we meld.

*clears throat..dabs eyes* *giggles* Soooo, how does June 25 grab ya. Seems to be fine with J, S, S and moi.

Could you say aye or nay ... and why not!!! *hands on hips*...lol!! Only joking.

Hugs, hugs, hugs, ladies. Speak soon, hopefully, age and exhaustion allowing. :twitch:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2006 05:07
At this point, the 25th is looking okay by me. I will be on the verge of taking my second Master's class, so I may be a bit left of center. "Oh, what's the difference?" say You. Not much I must admit. I'm really looking forward to seeing what you all came up with after I scooted off. Ants be damned! ROFL

Take good care, all
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 11, 2006 06:19
The 25th looks fine for me. I will look forward to another exciting adventure!

Hugs,

Belle
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2006 12:01
The 25th is looking okay for me at this point as well. THough with farming it's hard to tell. We are going to try to skip out and go somewhere for a day and just hide. Just have no date yet.
Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 03:13
:wave: Yoo!! Hoo!! Sunday's still on isn't it? I'm looking forward to it. Also,

Where oh where has the little RP gone?
Oh, where oh where can it be?
With its edits cut short and the tales oh so long
I want the edits turn to be me!

(Written with my most profound apologies to "Oh Where, Oh, Where Has My Little Dog Gone?" A poet I am not. *sigh*
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 21, 2006 12:25
Hello Ladies,
Scots check the editing order. Tanzy has been out of town since Monday the 19th, so if she was next it may reside there. She will be home Thursday the 22nd. I've been tending the critters and watering the lawn.

Incase I forgot to say: the 25th is okay for me unless we go on that little overnighter we are planning. The one that we don't know when we are going to take!

I am online at all hours and I haven't seen anyone but Scots. Hope to see some of you online for a chat. Seems like forever since we said "hello."

Later,
Gabby:heart:
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email