Register

Author Topic:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC for 'The Reunion'
on: October 04, 2006 08:02
Hi gals.

Didn't think I would leave you gals. I will be there on the 8th.

I definitely need a Middle Earth fix. It's been too long.

I have missed you gals.:cry:

Have I got a story to tell you all.

See you there.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 06, 2006 09:22
So as I see it all but Tanzy and Belle have replied about the post upcoming for Sunday afternoon/evening depending on your time zone. I'll try to tag up with Tanzy although I believe she is going to be checking up on her mom in Idaho Falls. I'll see what she wants us to do.
If any of you sees Belle online try to catch her and let her know about tomorrow. If not by end of day I'll send her a pm.:heart:

Later ya'll
Gabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2006 12:52
I don't think Belle will make it Gabby. It was her birthday yesterday, which she shares with her Dad. She said she would be spending the weekend at her Mom's and would probably not be back till Sunday evening.

But she asked for spaces to be left.

See ya later. :love:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 08, 2006 12:26
Here is the editing list for the current RP circulating.

We didn't come up with a new RP date...the 29th isn't good for Rose...she's going to the dogs! lol Any other dates strike your fancy?

Editing Order Week 6
Belle
Gabby
Janell
Tanzy
Elfstan
Káin
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2006 05:23
Hi ladies. How is it going? I haven't heard from anyone for sometime so I thought I would sent a message.

BTW Where is the last RP? I have not had it and I'm third on the list. Also when are we getting together again? I will be online on Sunday.

See you there.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2006 04:32
Hi ya, Janell! I want to be the first to congratulate you on your windfall in the lottery. It couldn't have happened to a nicer person.

As far as the RP goes, I don't know where it is. I don't know about Sunday either. I'll probably be online as the weather is supposed to be horrid and I have lots of homework to do. No rest for the wicked you know! :evil:

Hugs,
Elfstan/Ríanor
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 21, 2006 12:44
Hey,
Just popping in to read the posts on the OoC. I haven't gotten the RP yet, but I do have a private message I haven't yet checked. If you are trying to send me the RP my e-mail is [email protected] Just to make sure, it hasn't changed.
I don't know a good date for the next RP either. Iwill be around this Sunday October 22 and on the 29th and I'm sure on the 5th of November. I don't hink we have anything planned until Christmas Break.

See you all later,

Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 02:08
Hi ladies.

Well, the hunt is over: THE RP HAS BEEN FOUND. I won't explain but it will be coming around.

The next RP session will be November 5 if that's ok with everyone. If not post here.

See you all in cyber space.

brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2006 05:26
I think November 5th will work for me. I don't see a reasn why it wouldn't...yet!
You never know with that man of mine.
I hope the RP comes soon.
I agree with you Scots, a trip to ME sounds pretty good right now.
I did get the halloween decorations up this weekend and got a lot of other things done. It has been my most productive two days in a very long time.
I'm happiest when I am productive.

See you all in cyberspace.
Huggles
Brandywine
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 23, 2006 04:59
Hey,
I'm trying something so just ignore this little post. I'm trying to fix how many notifications I get for this thread. I think I've got it.
Brandywine

Later: I did get it. Thanks for the help Rose.

[Edited on 27/10/2006 by brandywine]
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 29, 2006 09:56
Silly me, I got my dates mixed up and thought we had an RP today. Have been sitting here waiting so patiently for everyone to show up. After an hour I decided maybe it was my wires that were crossed and not all of yours. Sure enough it's next week, not today.
Ah Well! At least I got caught up on FoF. I'll get my nap today then.
Hugs to all of you ladies,
Brandy/Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2006 09:06
When is our next RP? I've been going willy-nilly lately and can't remember.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 12, 2006 12:42
Hi.

Just to let you all know that the next RP will be onNovember 19.

There is a strawman going around. Here's the RP order:

Káin
Belle
Gabby
Janell
Tanzy
Elfstan

Hopefully we will have this strawman done before we RP next. So keep it going girls. You are doing a great job.

Namárië

Nan lû i agovaded vîn, cuio vae (Until next we meet, live well) [borrowed this from Rose.]
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2006 07:56
I noticed that I am third on the list for the strawman edit. It is now November 17 and I haven't seen it yet. I'm very interested in getting it in and back out as Tanzy will be gone on the 19th, her mom is having surgery. Perhaps we should change the edit order and send it to her before me and then she can send to me. She will be leaving in two days.
Does that suit everyone?
Hugs to all :hug:

Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2006 10:43
That's ok with me Gabby. If you want to send it to Tanzy then by all means. I can edit after you and send it onto Elfstan. She can then post it.

See you all on Sunday.

Can't wait for the strawman.
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2006 07:27
:heart: Hi All! FYI it's about 10:30 Sat. night and I haven't gotten the strawman yet. I will be leaving for my mom's tomorrow, so probably won't get to it before you role play. Just drag me along per usual... I'll get back into the story eventually...I hope...
Thanks for your patience! Everybody have a happy and blessed Thanksgiving too. No computer up there and I probably won't be back until next Sunday.

Everybody take care, and huge hugs!:heart::heart:

Shireling/Tanzy/Sandy
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2006 03:52
et: :hug: Awww, Sandy, how's your mom? I'm hoping that things are going better for her...and you. I can't even begin to imagine how tough it is for her.

I spent 6 hours with my partner-in-crime (Rachel) working on our paper. We got some good work done and some things hammered out. All I can say is that it's a good thing that we are both self-motivators and good at teaching ourselves because it sure hasn't come from the instructor of this class.

I don't know if I'll be able to play this afternoon or not. It's early now, 7:45 a.m., and I'm going to work on the one piece that I absolutely HAVE to have when we present what we have done on our paper tomorrow night. I also have an Abendmusik with my mom and aunt later on this afternoon. That and I do have to get my stuff graded from class on Friday. So I'm going to get on my trusty steed Amras and try to fight my way through what I have to do so that I can be with you all for at least a little bit.

Good news on the school front though. It looks as though we will be staying with the school district that we are employed with now and retain all the tenure as well! :disco: That is a true load off of me. I find that I can breathe again. It's amazing how things affect you when you're not even aware of it doing so. That's two years worth of stress, and heaven knows how many years of "Will the school be open next year? Will I have a job next year? How are you going to get new students to come to this school next year? (That was from our school board.) While I absolutely loved my little school, some peace of mind and job security will be a welcome relief.

Cheers! Hope to see you this afternoon.
Elf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 05:39
Do we have an RP today? Does anyone know when our next one is? I'll try to pop on and see if anyone is here and maybe we can even chat for a bit. I don't see nay new dates set so perhaps if we don't RP today November 26 we could set a date for the next one.
Gabby/Debbie/Brandywine
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 07:59
Gabby,

I am not sure if we are having an RP today, either. But I will be online looking.

Oh! Must remember to bring up the Yahoo instant messinging system!

Appropos of aggravation, I am not sure what your, Tanzy's and Mary's snail mail adddresses are. Can you enlighten me?

Regards,

Belle
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 10:45
Tanzy is [email protected]
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 09:44
Hi everyone.

I hope we will have an RP on Sunday. Post here if you can make it We might not have many left before Christmas. It kind of gets busy at the time of year for everyone.

So post here if you can make it or not on Sunday, December 3, 2006.

Hope to see the strawman up soon.

[Edited on 11/29/2006 by balrog]
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 29, 2006 03:31
I can be there. Doug is working that day and my paper will be handed in probably tomorrow, so I'm free as a bird. *cartwheels, whooptie doos, and all that jazz*

I haven't seen the strawman. I'm the last on the list and will post it as soon as I get it.

:hug:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 30, 2006 07:40
I believe I can make it on Sunday. I have had such a busy week that I may just attend the sacrament meeting at church which is from 9:00-10:10 a.m.. THen come hme and nap so I can be ready for the day.
No idea where the strawman could be. I sent it to Jane awhile ago. Hope no one sent it to Sandy as she can't get it. So if you did, resend it to the person after Sandy if you would please. Sandy is still in Idaho Falls with her mom. She is hoping (really hoping) to be able to come home on Sunday. Her cats are totally mad at her. Trouble won't even let me pet her anymore or come out when I go take care of them. Rusty does, which is weird because he usually doesn't let me pet him. Trouble is the friendliest one. Haven't seen hide nor hair of the littlest one, Frosty, but I have only seen her a few times anyway. She hides from everyone. I do hope the little dears forgive Sandy.
Great news, I wanted you all to be the first to know.
Kelly and I are going to Disneyworld for Christmas. We leave on the 21st and return on the 31st. Yahoo!!!!
Can you believe that?
Later
Gabs
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 12:28
The RP is off and running again. Here is the editing order this time 'rouund:

Elfstan
Káin
Belle
Gabby
Janell
Tanzy

Our thoughts were to pass the RP around and have it posted. In the meantime, we could have discussions here that would encompass just how we are going to dispatch the beastie. Any and all ideas welcomed. I thought we had some good ideas for the final battle and killing of said beastie today. What do you say to a tentative meeting date of January 7th?
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 03, 2006 05:42
I think that would be great, Elfstan.

I think that if we talk here and make suggestions on what to do about Carakgor then we would find some way of destroying him. It would be a great way of tossing around the old bean bag, as they would say.

The date of the January 7, 2007 looks good to me. I have no problems with it.

Talk to you all later online.
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 04, 2006 02:37
January 7 is fine by me. The Festivities over, brain hopefully refreshed. Lol!!

We definitely need a strategy to despatched this humungous beastie. Lol!! Can't we do magic and change it into a mouse, like in Puss in Boots.

Seriously though, there were some great ideas bandied about yesterday.

I did enjoy talking with you all. Seemed like an eternity since we last spoke.

Hugs and hope to catch you online, time differences allowing and my being able to stay awake. Lol!!
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 03:28
Jamuary 7 works out ok for me as well. We will be back in school by then and back at the old grind. My days in Disneyworld will be over. All that will be left will be memories:cry:...and photographs...oh! and bills!

I like the ideas we bandied about on Sunday. I thought I'd list a few to keep them fresh in our minds.

We discussed how the ring and the necklace silence all noise and that we can use that to sneak up on the Carakgor. We discussed that we might use elven rope in some way.
Oh gosh! Now my memory is gone and I can't remember anything else.

Ah Well, not as young as I used to be and I think I've used all the "disc space" in my brain.

Brandy
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 05, 2006 07:35
Hi gals.

Just a note on how to kill Carakgor. I got the RP tonight and it made my noodle work overtime. I want to make a suggestion on how to kill Carakgor. I want you all to stew on this past Christmas.

Here goes:

When I was reading the RP, I came up with the idea of using the necklace. You all know that it makes a huming sound when it stands alone. Why not use the rope to subdue Carakgor? Then when it goes down, Melgir could get the necklace around the monster's neck. With the ring next to the necklace there is no sound coming from the necklace. When the ring moves away from it, the sound sends the beast into an outrage. While it is being kept busy thrashing around, the rest of us could take it down with whatever weapons we have. Then when he is dead, someone in the group goes to the back of the cave and finds a surprise.

That last bit I will let you all stew on when we get back on Jan. 7/07

Let me know what you all think about this. We can stretch it into a full out killing in one RP.

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 06, 2006 02:05
But of course, we have to get there first! LOL

Is it still on for the infamous BW (:evil and entwives that were talked about oh, so long ago now? Have we gone through the Brown Lands yet? Poor Elfstan. He would be *so* lost without others to guide him. Heck, he means well, but directions and maps, while he loves them dearly, are just out of his little Hobbit reckoning. Talk about art imitating life!

brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2006 11:53
Oh! Pick me! I have an idea for what the surprise is and I know who should find it. The surprise could be the appearance of a reviously unseen doorway, perhaps magically sealed by the Carakgor and only visible to others upon the death of the beast, behind it could be the captive Blue Istari. Just a thought. Perhaps they could lead us to...who knows what other thing might happen. I think Belle should find the surprise, seeing as how she is an Istar. She may be able to determine the wisdom, sanity, condition of the Istari, etc.

Brandywine/Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 08, 2006 04:19
Oooh, I like that idea lots and lots!
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2006 06:03
GABBY: How did you know there was a door or one of the Blue Istari? You been peeking at my notes?

I like that idea. I think it's great.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 09, 2006 10:38
Nope! No peeking on the part of this hobbit. Just that great minds think alike. Have a great day.
Gabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2006 07:22
Love that idea Gabby. Are you sure you are not part Elf, being able to know what balrog was thinking. Lol!!

I was worried for a while, I thought that with the killing of our wee beastie, the end of the story was nigh. A door and blue Istar, great!! Any chance of dragons being involved also, somewhere later.

Was the Blue Istar captured by Carakgor? Is the other Blue Istar further east and in charge of a couple of dragons that he and his brother had nurtured? Are the Blue Istar evil? If sim do we kill them or capture them and bring them back to MT?
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 10, 2006 08:33
Rose, I like your ideas. We can't let the story end at the killing of Carakgor. We need the story to continue. We just can't let it end there.:cry::cry: Sorry, had to get that out of my system.

Rose, we might be able to put a wee dragon in the story just for you. If we do, you can name him. Or if you have one picked out, use him. It's ok with me, if it's ok with the rest.

I think our ideas are coming together. As Gabby said, "Great minds think alike."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email