Register

Author Topic:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC for 'The Reunion'
on: June 30, 2006 01:42
:disco: Class is done! Yay!

Mr. Scots is getting serious cabin fever and wants to get out of Dodge for his one day off this week. Admittedly, after my June, I'm more than ready to get out and do some touristy things as well. We are therefore going to head to Ashfall Fossil Beds. Please excuse the healer hobbit and his faithful elven sidekick. Feel more than free to do with them as you need or see fit. I haven't seen the RP as of yet, so when that crosses my path, I'll edit it posthaste and send it along.

:hug: Hugs to you all.
Elfstan and Rían
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2006 11:20
Hello, Hello,
It's 3:00 a.m. and I can't sleep so I thought I'd pop in and let everyone know that Miss Tanzy is moved in to her new place. She is still going through boxes and rearranging but the important things are done ie.; tv, music, computer, toilet paper. LOL Has the post gone up yet? Did you get it Elfstan? Tanzy was tring to send it to you ant thought it had gone. Let her know if it didn't arrive.

Later Ladies,
Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2006 05:30
I'm glad to hear that Tanzy is all moved into her new digs. I'm hoping she's making that Hobbit hole her sanctuary.

I got an e-mail about the RP. It seems that it doesn't want to send to me for some reason. I told her to maybe copy/paste it into a Word document and send it that way. Any suggestions?

Well, off I go to run my mom on her errands. I decompressed last night (watched Harry Potter IV) and slept in way late this morning. I'm feeling almost human again. Well, almost Hobbit I should say.

:hug: Love each and every one of you!
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2006 02:17
Good to hear that Tanzy has moved and will soon feel at home.

Darned technology. Poor RP, stuck out there somewhere all on its own. Sounds like a good idea, though Elf. Or maybe Copy and paste it into a PM to you.

Have a good time with your spousal unit.

I don't think Belle will be with us on Sunday either, and it's too hot here in the UK to think.

I'll be online, but maybe just to chat.

UPDATE:

Sunday: Sooooo sorry ladies for not being there. We had a humungous display of God's fireworks..... boy what a storm!!! I really, really can't remember one as thundery and lightningy as that was. As a result, my computer conked and when I tried Broadband .... no go. I phoned the help line and was told that a large area had been blown out. :rolleyes:

This is being typed at work, which doesn't seem to have been affected, so I won't know if I am up and running until about 9 pm tonight (UK)

Hugs

Rose/Káin

[Edited on 3/7/2006 by Rosearialelven]
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 05:46
"God's fireworks" I like that image. The fireworks were certainly abundant here on the PoG last night. For a town that frowns upon fireworks, there were sure a lot of them being shot off. As I took my walk, I saw a LOT of the remnants of bottle rockets which are definitely illegal here and big huge booms of others that I have huge suspicions weren't exactly legal either. I really can't talk as I have done my bit of less-than-legal fireworks displays as well. :evil:

:feedback: Yay! The RP is up even though the cyber orceses tried to keep it offline. It is truly lovely, ladies! Now for my question of the hour...when do we want to meet again and add to our story? I'm really liking the reference to the blue wizards. :evil: This is going to be fun!

Elfstan/Ríanor
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2006 08:34
We set off our own fieworks here in podunk little Murtaugh as well. Our youngest, loves fireworks and he buys a display for us every year. He went all out this year. All legal of course. They were pretty. We watched them from the deck. Some folks up the road actually have a permit for the "big ones" and we watched theirs as well. They were very nice too. Had a restful and relaxing day doing absolutely nothing.

Next RP? Name the time and the place. The sooner, the better. I really miss all of you.

Later,
Gabs
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 08, 2006 05:20
Hi ladies.

Just to let you all know, I just read the last RP we did and WE ROCK!!!!!! That was totally awesome. It made me laugh and learn a little more of where we are going.

I hope we will be together tomorrow. I miss all of you, too. Hope Tanzy will be able to make it. We can't leave our little female hobbit behind.

Hope to see you all there tomorrow.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 06:34
:banghead: Were we planning an RP for today?? If so, I should be there. We went to the late show of PotC2 last night. It started when I usually go to bed. lol Anyway, I'm going to catch a quick nap and be back on later. Hope to see you all there.
Elf
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2006 09:55
HEEELLLLOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

We didn't have an RP today. Some of the gang wasn't there. So we decided to have short individual posts between now and next Sunday.

We will resume our RP on SUNDAY, JULY 16 if that's ok with everyone.

So between now and Sunday July 16, we will write individual posts about staying for one day in Rivendell and getting ready for our trip. Remember that the twins, Elrohir and Ellandan will be with us. Next RP we will be leaving Rivendell for Lothlorien.

See you all next Sunday.
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 09:16
Sunday 16 July is fine with me.

Hope my individual post was ok and that it was alright to lay a little foundation for the new monster. I didn't realise, until I had posted, how long it was.

Sorry about that, I think I got a little carried away. Lol!! :angel:

See you all on Sunday. Hugs
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 13, 2006 06:26
I anticipate being available for the RP on 16 July 2006. It certainly is a long time since we have had one. I will probably not be doing an individual post though as Gabby is really in a place that is way out of his realm of experience with these High Elves. He's just happy to be fed and in a warm, comfy bed and not on the floor of the forest. LOL.
Looking forward to seeing all of you.
Gabs
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2006 11:33
Good times today, Ladies. Here be the editing order for the RP:

Week 1
Káin
Belle
Gabby
Janell
Tanzy
Elfstan

:cheers: Our next foray into Middle Earth will be August 6th. See you all there!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2006 02:25
:disco: It's posted!! I, personally, think it's mahvelous, Dahlinks, just mahvelous.

I came up with a title, lame though it be. If you have any other that you think would work better, let me know and I'll change it. I'm heading out to school here very soon, and I wanted to get this posted so consequently under stress I couldn't think of anything earth-shattering. Story of me!

:hug: I've missed you all and am looking forward to Sunday.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2006 02:18
I too am looking forward to our role play tomorrow. I'm excited to visit with all of you again as I never manage to get online with anyone these days and have resorted to e-mail as a way to connect with others. Hope to see you all there.
Gabby:heart:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2006 03:36
Hi ladies.

It was a great RP today.

Here is the order:

Belle
Gabby
Janell
Tanzy
Elfstan
Káin

The next RP is destined for August 20. If you can't make it then post here as usual. Thanks
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2006 02:04
:wave: Hey, you all! Sorry I blasted out so quickly yesterday afternoon. Stupid me. I was looking for my flash-drive that had ALL of my LotR stuff on it. I wiped my laptop Thursday, and I saved everything on those drives which for the life of me I couldn't find. Of course, being the calm and cool individual that I am, I totally freaked. I couldn't find either of them anywhere! So it was a mad search while trying to *not* look like I was searching because Doug would have flipped if I had lost the drives. Too much money invested in those little things. Anyhoo...I did find them...in my purse. Why, you ask, were they in my purse? Well, if I EVER figure out the answer to that particular question, I'll let you know. I think it's menopausal memory striking again. Lord, I hope I'm not on the verge of Alzheimers! LOL

Hope to see you all online sometime. I get lonely out there in cyberspace all by myself. :cry:

Hugs to you all.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2006 09:49
Hey Y'all,
Has anyone seen the RP. I sent it to Jane on Aug. 7 and haven't heard anymore about it. Haven't seen anyone in cyber-space much either. Where are all of you?
Sandy and I start school with kids in class on Monday Aug 21. Payday, praises be, is Friday. I hope the dog and cat have enough food til then.
The cat caught a mouse in the house the other day and proceeded to eat it, all but some guts, on my carpet. EEEUUUWWW!!!! Needless to say I did some carpet cleaning. Not too many days before that he caught a bird in the house, on account of my sonleft the door on the deck open and it flew in. WILDLIFE, you gotta love it!
Catch you all on SUnday.
Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 05:52
I was wondering the same thing. LOL

I haven't been online much either. Between getting ready for school and then school starting, I've been knackered in the evenings. Gabs, I have seen you online early in the morning a couple of times and IMed you, but there was no response. Maybe not you at all??

When is the next meet and greet of our little band of merry travelers?? Talk to you all soon. Miss you!
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 02:59
I found out where the post is. Tanzy has it. She's been having trouble with her computer so I went over to have a look at it. I'm still not satisfied everything is okay with it but at least she is downloading MSN 7.5 and should be able to be online with us tomorrow.
Brandywine
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2006 05:39
Hi ladies:

Just a poke in to say that I will be there with bells on tomorrow. Still have not found a weakness for the monster.
*think....think...think* My mind wonders sometimes.

O well, I'll see you all tomorrow.

Namárië
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 08:22
Hello, hello,
It's 12:20 p.m. MST in Idaho and no one isonline. Talked to Tanzy agaiin and she asked if Jane would please send the RP to Elfstan and bypass her so that it can get posted. SHe said she doesn't believe there was anything she needed to change anyway.
Thanks and hope to see you all pop in here any minute now.
Gabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 12:19
The RP meet was bitten by real life again. :nono:

The last RP will be posted this week, ready for our next meeting on Sunday 27 August.

Hugs to everyone and have a good week. :love:

Ever onwards. :heart:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 02:47
Crap-ola! Were we supposed to have an RP this afternoon??!! I didn't know that. I've not been home all day, and this is the first that I've gotten online. Shoot! I'm really sorry about that. I do have the RP and will get it edited and sent along ASAP. Talk to you soon, all. I wish my life would slow down!
Elf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2006 09:33
Scots don't sweat it. The snafu was not your fault. You are our faithful "I'll post it in the OoC gal" and you got out of the last joint rp early. So of course you knew neither the new meeting time or were able to post it all for us.
Life will slow down. The big snafu was with Tanzy's computer and her being kicked offline frequently. She is also on a phone line that as it gets busier there are more chances of being dropped. I can't explain it, but I did verify it with the phone company. Something about the ruralness of it all.
Hope you have a great second week of school.
Hugs,
Gabby:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 21, 2006 12:56
No problem, pet. We missed you. :hug: Hope your week goes well.

Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2006 09:30
Hi ladies

Edited and posted. I hope the addition is acceptable and that you are ok with the small use of your characters.

Looking forward to Sunday. Lothlorien Elves. Lol!!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2006 10:16
:wave: Alert! Alert!

Due to unforseen circumstances too numerous to mention, the RP scheduled for today was postponed. Please check your Middle Earth calendar for the new and improved time:

When: Sunday, September 10th
Where: Where else? In cyber space
When: Same Bat time, Same Bat Channel

If you feel the creative urge, feel free to do individual postings beforehand. We're looking forward to a wonderful time!

Hugs to you all.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2006 10:52
Dearest Fellow Travelers,
My most humble of apologoes for not being there on Sunday. I've done something to my back that makes it difficult for me to sit in most chairs. The lower back area seems to be "froze up". I start pysical therapy on Tuesday and have been on muscle relaxers for the last few days. It's helping but its a slow road back to a good back.
I don't forsee any difficulty in getting back with everyone on Sept. 10.
BTW Tanzy spent the weekend moving. She doesn't have her computer hooked up in her new place yet. This is a long term rental so she won't have to move again for many a year, maybe never. I'm glad for her. She's still, at this moment sleeping at the old place because the landlord is still making some repairs.

See you all on Sept 10 or before then.

Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2006 09:02
Hi ladies.

Just a short note that I will not be there on Sunday, September 24 to do the RP. :cry::cry::cry:

I have to work. Yes, WORK. I never work Sundays but with my boss taking a vacation, I have to work mornings and my other boss at the lottery booth is getting lens implants in her eyes. She needs someone there for closings. I'm it.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: This will be the first Sunday I will not be there in a long time. I will miss you ladies.

Leave a space for me when you edit and send it around. You all have my permission to use both my characters: Melgir and Janell.

Again, I'm sorry. Talk to you all sometime online.

Namárië
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 05:40
Alas, Jane is not the only one on an unintended schedule!

My girl cat, Arcadia, was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism as well as an infection. She is losing weight rapidly. I am off now to pick up some tapezole tablets. Apologies!

I posted the joint RP. Nice job, y'all! I will do my best to get back in time for the joint RP, but I can't guarantee it.

Hugs,

SusanT/Belle

Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 06:18
And real life bites again. Ouch!!

Sorry to hear about Arcadia, Sue. Poor kitty. et:

I also won't be there for the meet, my friends. I bit of enjoyment on my part though. Off to the Greyhound Track. Did I say enjoyment...well enjoyable if you enjoy giving money away Lol!! Lady Luck seems to be on her travels as far as I am concerned. But the company is good and it is a night out!

Leave me a space and I'll fit in where I can.

Huggles.

Rose xx
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 24, 2006 10:15
No worries, dear friends. The three hobbits and Belle had nice chats about kitties, the problems with environmental ills, and the irritibilities of spousal units, but there was no RP-ing going on. We decided that it would be best to wait for all of you. I for one am looking forward to seeing all of you online again really soon!

Hugs!
Elf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 02, 2006 11:51
Do we have a date for the next RP yet? How about October 8? Would that work for everyone? I'll be available, I think. The hubby is still hauling spuds and so I don't think we'll be taking off anywhere.
What say all of you?
Brandy/Gabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 01:17
As far as I know, the 8th works for me! I could use a trip into Middle Earth. This "real life" is just the pits sometimes! LOL
Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2006 01:58
The 8th looks good for me too. Middle-earth looks more and more inviting.

Káin
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email