Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC for 'The Reunion'
on: December 16, 2006 01:30
A thought towards New Year. What do you say to another virtual New Year's party again this year? Rose mentioned it to me, and it was such a good time last year that I feel that it would be well worth it. What say you? Naps can be taken during the day so that we are "perky" during the wee hours of the morning.
Love you all.
Elf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 16, 2006 08:11
Hey-A Party-Yahoo![i][/i] :disco: I'll be there with my Sparkling Grape Non-Alcoholic champagne. I fly back that day and land at 10 something a.m. I'm sure I'll be so tired by the time I get home that I'll have to take a nap which should keep me up that night. Afterall, it's doing it now.

Went to see Eragon today and I was so sleepy I had trouble making it on the half hour drive home. So I had a nap until 6:30 p.m. Now it's 11 something p.m. and I am wide awake and "perky" as Elfstan put it. Just wish you were all here "virtually" to talk to right now.
Hugs and Merry Christmas to the world's bestest friends,
Gabby/Brandywine/Deb
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 18, 2006 09:42
Did someone say party? You bet. I will be there with bells on. During that time I can work on stuff on the computer. It will give me the excuse of being home.

I will all talk to you later. I like that idea.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2007 03:23
Fellow Travelers:
I am the bearer of sad tidings. Our dear Istar lost an aunt today. As her father is unable to travel to the funeral, she will be going as one of the family representatives. So in consequence, she will be offline for awhile. I gave her hugs from all of us and told her not to fret; we'll have her place ready for her return.
Elfstan
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 04, 2007 10:25
I believe so, Elfstan. Very sad and thank you for passing hugs onto dear Belle.
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 05, 2007 12:50
Poor Belle. What a way to start the new year. Happy New Year tidings to all none-the-less. On New Year's Eve I did fall asleep and didn't wake until late the next day. I then took two naps that day. Jet lag is a killer. Traveling is exhausting but worth it if you have fun.
Have a happy day all my friends. When is our next RP?
Gabs
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 07, 2007 04:51
Hello, Dear Friends!

I am back from West Virginia, only a little worse for wear. Losing Aunt Helen was very sad, but no one wanted her to suffer the way she had been (only she didn't tell anyone!). It is a sobering beginning to the New Year, true, but it just spurs me on to enjoy life while I am alive to live it. All of you, please, love on your family and friends, and hold them close. You never know when one is going to leave you.

Hugs,

Belle

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2007 04:10
Okay, I admit it...I'm a geek. I'm feeling a bit under the weather, and was just about to head off to read a bit of LotR when a wild notion came into my head to google scots56. ROFL! CoE came up...what a surprise, and another site that I had posted on oh-so long ago. I'll bet it's been every bit of 8 years ago since I've been on that site. It's so old that it can't even be found when you click on it. Too funny. Can you tell I've taken cold medicine?? :dizzy:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 10, 2007 12:16
Scots-Hope you are feeling better. It's okay to be goofy after you take medicine. You should see me.
Brandywine
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 11:02
Due to technical difficulties and missing elves, Istari, dwarves and hobbits today's post has been suspended. Each of you will be receiving a copy of what has been done so far. When we meet again we will start with that and go from there.

Could everyone please put up a time they could meet? Next Sunday, January 21? Works for me. I have no plans just now.

See you all later.
Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 11:59
Hi.

All Sundays work for me unless otherwise.

See you all next Sunday, January 21.:love:
bellemaine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 10:57
Dear Fellow Adventurers:

I will have to bow out of our joint RP on the 21st. My Mother told me she needs more help with Dad, on Sundays. My brother Noel simply can't put in any more time than he already is, and that leaves me to take up the slack. The time frame involved, mid-day into late afternoon, will in all probablility not allow me to participate with you as I had originally planned.

And, unforutnately, this might be a continuing requirement. The Orcs of Alzheimer's are a constant and growing challenge.

Please either leave a space for me or someone please write Belle in. You all knowt he Green Istar very well, and I would trust any of you to keep her in character. If it looks like I might have to depart this adventure permanently, I will let you know.

Keep Ivan and Shirley Tominack and all their children in your prayers, and, as always, thank you for your moral support.

Huge hugs,

Belle

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 06:17
Belle,
I am *so* sorry! Words fail I know, but just know that we're all with you at this difficult time.
Hugs.
Elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 09:29
Belle

Without doubt, as Elf says, we are all with you. You, Ivan, Shirley and all your family are in my prayers and thoughts.

Hugs
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 19, 2007 05:13
Belle: My prayers are with your family and all. Hope everything goes well.

Thanks for letting us use your character. We will use her in greatest esteem.

balrog/Janell
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 09:28
Belle,
I am so sorry about the befuddling family circumstances. You and your family will be in my prayers as well. You and your mom have your hands full and your hearts aching. My heart goes out to you. I hope our combined prayers will in some way lighten your load and that angels of mercy will help you.
Love and hugs to you,
Brandywine/Gabby
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 05:00
Belle,

I too am very sorry to hear of your plight. I empathize with your situation. I pray for you and all of your family and I hope you may return to us soon. You are in our hearts and prayers now and always. Be at peace, good friend. God bless!

Loves and Hugs, Shireling
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 11:57
Editing Order for RP on Feb. 4

Week 3
Tanzy
Elfstan
Kain
Belle
Gabby
Janell
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 06:51
Hi ladies.

I posted the RP from Feb. 4/07. If it's not to your satisfaction, let me know and I will change it.

Thanks
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 05:12
When is our next RP? I forgot to make a mental note. I don't want to miss it.
Hugs to all of you and Happy Valentine's Day, in case I forget to say it later on.:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 08:29
Hi ladies:

I think our next RP is on Feb. 18, if I'm not mistaken. But then again I have been wrong.

Could someone clearify this?

Thanks
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 12:58
:love: Hi All!

That's what I thought too, so unless otherwise directed, I guess I'll "see" y'all tomorrow!

:heart::heart::heart:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 17, 2007 07:53
Hey, kiddos! I won't be able to play tomorrow. The spousal unit has asked me out on a date in the afternoon no less. A little afternoon delight??? LOL

Anyway, it's almost midnlight my time, and I'm trying to get my homework mostly done so that I can spend some guilt-free time with my main man. I spent this afternoon with him, but I don't think that going to the tax man qualifies as quality time even if we did get a small refund this year.

I hope to see you all soon. You don't know how close it was to me saying no to this. Then I thought better of it. *sigh* I wish I didn't have to make those hard choices.

Love you all!
Elf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 18, 2007 10:02
I had to give yesterdays scheduled post a miss as well. We have my sister-in-law visitning and two fo our three children were also at home so it was a busy afternoon. Looking forward to today off as it's President's Day. Shall we shoot for Sunday Feb 25th as a next RP day?

I really missed you all. Got to talk for only a few brief minutes with Tanzy, Janell and Kain.

See you all later, and await hearing of a plan for the next date.

Brandy/Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 12:11
Hi all.

Rose suggested Feb 25 for an rp? How does that suit everyone?

Please post here.
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 19, 2007 01:45
Up to now, fingers crossed. Lol!! Might be an eleventh hour decision.

Maybe we could all think about what we want to write. You have the 'next episode, continuing thing' don't you? I might have a go at doing an introductory post to get things kick started. Is that ok.

Let me know, here. :hug:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 12:25
Tomorrow looks okay for me. Unless something unexpected happens I think I can be there.
Brandywine
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2007 01:48
Tomorrow works for me! The weather is to turn a nasty shade of white tonight, so we aren't going anywhere. Funny thing is, is that my mom called and it's snowing at her house and raining cats and dogs at mine. What a difference 7 miles makes!

See you tomorrow!
Hugs.
Elf
shireling
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 25, 2007 05:39
Hi!
I should be here after church per usual, good Lord willing and the crick don't rise!

Listen to your Irish blessing I emailed you if you get a chance. Course being a leprechaun and all, I be a wee bit partial to the Irsih, but 'tis a beautiful way to start the day .

See you later:love:
Shireling
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2007 07:28
Did I miss the strawman, or has my e-mail eaten it again? Could whoever had it before me send it around so I can take a look-see at it and add my two cents worth? Thanks. :killcomp:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 05:09
A bittersweet moment. The final strawman is on it's way to Rose for the final edits. I was playing The Fellowship of the Ring CD while I was writing. I cried as I wrote the last which happened to coincide with "The Breaking of the Fellowship" track. Art imitating life. I want to sincerely thank all of you for the wonderful ride that we have had over the past years. You cannot possibly know how much each and every one of you has come to mean to me. Bless all of you.
Elfstan and Rían
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 11:23
I, too, am glad we had this ride together.

It is sad that this story has come to an end but I hope it won't be our last.:cry::cry::cry:

This adventure has made me happy that I have also met you gals. It has made my writing what it is now.

I hope to see you all on Sundays. This is one place and time that will keep me going.

Janell/Melgir, your rangers
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 04:21
Our tale is almost done, dear friends. :hug:

Tears were spilled, as will be I am sure when we write our individual goodbyes. Oh my! *sniff*

Sundays will be a certainty, real life allowing. Having travelled together through Middle-earth, I think our band of brothers, and sisters, will stand strong. :hug:

*raises a glass to friendship* To us!! :heart:

Rose/Káin xxx
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2007 01:06
How do you write more than that? It ended so well. I must think how I can finalize Gabby. Superb job, all of us. Especially our chief writers. You should all take a bow.
See you later,
Gabby
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2007 12:17
Hi ladies:

I see that the story is up. Check it out. IT IS GOOD! We all did an excellent job.

I'm here to tell you we need a going away party. Rose, Belle and I were thinking we need to do one more RP before the individual posts. We thought about going to the Adventure Inn in Minas Tirith, a nice place to end the story. Maybe we can get Kain to start a fight.

How aboutMarch 25/07 for the RP? It's Tolkien Reading Day. Nice way to end the story.

Please post here and tell us if you can make it. If not, suggest another day that would work for everyone.

Talk to you all later.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email