Register

<< First2021222324Last >>
Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part IV
on: December 24, 2005 08:44
Indeed. Truly lovely wishes. From one who celebrates the season a bit differently, may all have a warm and welcome Yule. May you find the wind at your back and good friends and family around you, your stomach filled with food and a sturdy roof over your heads. May the season bring peace and understanding and tolerance.

Blessed be... Belle
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2005 12:10
A quick hi before I enjoy my next glass of port. *hic*

Have a wonderful day tomorrow, whatever your persuasion. :hug: :love:

The cookies were lovely Mith. :hug: Thank you.

Huggles

Rosie xxxx
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: December 24, 2005 01:23
I think that most of the FoF:s celebrate Christmas, so: Merry Christmas, everybody! :cheers: :hug:

And, if you celebrate some other holiday these days, may it be a merry and peaceful one! :hug:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2005 02:32
Well, the turkey and dressing are done and the first round of baking completed. * Passes around a plate of date squares*.

I lit my ice candles tonight. Actually the candles are normal, it's the containers that are made of ice :

Lights are one of my favourite parts of Christmas. They make me think of the old pagan feasts in which people hoped for the return of the Light after the Winter Solstice, the longest night of the year.

Now if I could just get hubby to take a photo of the ice candle at night................Hmmm, perhaps I will ply him with cakes and ale, and a little brandy as a nightcap. Umm, wait, them then he'll be too soused to take the shot. Never mind, I'll just ask politely.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 24, 2005 02:45
I apologize for the confusion over the image of Santa Tom I posted. I guess next time I post an image of someone who might be mistaken for the real me I'll have to make it more plain that it is not. I was thinking something like "THIS IS NOT AN IMAGE OF THE REAL ME" might do the trick.

By the way, there are at least two significant differences between me and the guy whose head appears in that image:

(1) While my beard is full, it's not nearly that long.
(2) My beard is real.

Furthermore, while I may have a belly full of jelly, it's not quite a whole bowl full!

So let's hope you all have been more :angel: than :naughty: this year so Old Tom, er, Old Saint Nick will leave some goodies in your stockings.

"Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good night!" :wave:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 25, 2005 07:09
Merry Christmas everyone!

I truly enjoyed reading all of the lovely greetings and tidings and would like to add my hopes for a blessed and prosperous New Year for all of you.
We really are like a family here and I enjoy reading what each of you has to say. I enjoy your comedy, your pictures, your poetry and verse. Talent abounds here, quiet and undiscovered by the general populace but enjoyed by us all.
I hope that you will all be safe in your holiday travels and that those you love will also be protected. (That should take care of just about all of us.)

With love and affection,
Brandywine
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 05:23
brandywine . Thanks for the kind thoughts. yes, we do have something special here.

Awelyn you asked how to say Merry Christmas presumably in my original language). Well, it's quite complicated- many consonants stuck together with hardly a vowel to be seen. So, I'll give you the generic version- "Happy Holidays" which is Veselykh Svyat (the "kh" is like "ch" in "Bach" or "loch")
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 05:38
Brandywine ,
It is so good to hear from you . You have not been here for a little while.. I feel as you do that we are a family here. It is so nice to hear someone else express how I feel about this place and the people. You have a Happy New Year too.

My daughter and her family left last night but we had a great time. I was on my feet cooking for 4 hours though and now my back hurts today. I needed Swabby to help me cook. My kitchen is so small and not made for so many people in it at one time.

My son sent me some LOTR figurines and my youngest daughter a TT soundtrack, I have been listening to that and loving it. I had a lovely Christmas with family and traditions

I hope all of you had a wonderful holiday and thank you for being my friends.

Awelyn 418:heart:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 05:41
Neenime Thank you and Happy Holidays to you.
Awelyn
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 11:59
Dear friends, I hope that your christmas, or whatever you may celebrate was extra jolly!!
I didn't find a chocolate covered ranger under my tree or in my stocking, :cry: but I did receive a lovely nightie and robe from Victoria's Secret. I now own a palantir (white speckled obsidion) and coloring books freaturing castles of the world and Medieval jousting and tournaments. Aslo have shopping $$ to buy all the Aragorn paraphanalia I desire..well, almost all!

The best gift I received was time with my family. Eldest son and his girlfriend spent Christmas Eve and day with me. Had the in-laws and out-laws for dinner on Christmas Eve (I COOKED!!) and then off to church. We opened gifts afterwards and just hung out. Spent Christmas day making calls to family that wasn't near. Missed chatting with youngest son and family in the Netherlands. Good thing we talked last weekend.

Going to enjoy the day doing something just for me. Haven't decided what that'll be yet. Am planning to see King Kong and The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Life is good!

Loved that ice candle pic, neenime. It's beautiful. I love candles. Nothing like candlelight to make the atmosphere beautiful and quite special.

Got in a little exercise today, Old Tom. I don't want to look like your friend in the red suit. Been enjoying alot of holiday treats. Now is the time to pay the price for indulging.

Since I did such a fabulous job on Christmas Eve, I think I'll free myself from "kitchen duty" for a few days. Thin that'll work swabby? I'll let you know how it works out.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 26, 2005 06:28
Hi everyone.

Thought I would take a few minutes to see what's going on. I see that everyone is having fun with family and friends. I too did also. I went to a friends after work on Saturday. They waited for me to carve the turkey then we had to wait for some other people.

On Christmas day, my roomie and her sister were here for breakfast. We had bacon and waffles. We exchanged gifts then they left. Roomie went to work and her sister went home to her cat.

I spent the day watching Lord of the Rings. I miss not going to the movies with a LOTR being there. I had a nice quite time. Had some hermit cookies.

Well I should go and do some work on the computer. Running a little slow tonight. See you all later.

Enjoyed all the pics and stories.

Found out on this sitehttp://www.theonering.net/index.shtml that on January 3, 2006 will be JRR Tolkien's birthday. :cheers: :cheers: Go to Dec. 23 for the news. Let's all have a dram for him. He brought to us all a different kind of world that we can dream about and escape to everytime we read his books or watch the movies.

namarie

[Edited on 27/12/2005 by balrog]
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 03:18
Hi my friends

Love your new avie, balrog.

Had a lovely Christmas Day and Boxing Day. Just my fella, my son and my daughter. Received a LotR desk calendar, wall calendar, chocs and the latest Sony Walkman MP3 player - a joint Christmas and 60th birthday present, which when I find out how to use the darn thing, will be wonderful. Lol!! I've got an idea of the basics - I'll get there.

Oh, well, all over for another year, but here's to a good New Year.

Hope everyone had an enjoyable Christmas. Blessings and see you later.

Byeeee

Rosie xx
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 03:52
Balrog, my husband's birthday is January the 3rd too. How cool is that? Wait till I tell him. I don't think he will be as excited as me. I will also toast the professor.

I am almost finished with the Sil. I tried yesterday but was to tired and had to go to bed.

It is a grey ,rainy day here today. Yesterday it was sunny and mild as far as temperatures it was warmer than usual at this time of the year.

I did a careless mistakes and sent one of my daughter's presents to my son's address. You know how on Amazon .com you have the last address that you shipped the item you bought to, well I forgot to change it and you can imagine my horror when tracking it that it was on it's way to Washington state. I explained to my daughter and one of my presents from her is going to be late too.
We both got a good laugh out of it anyway.

I am going today to buy a new little dog. So, I need to run. It is a present I am giving myself.

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 04:54
How exciting awelyn! You're adding a new member to your family! Come back and tell us all about him/her!

Glad you had a nice Christmas, balrog. Nice way to spend the day with our LOTR folk. Haven't done my "marathon viewing" yet, but it's on the calendar.

Nice hearing from you brandywine. Hope you are enjoying your time off. I certainly am. Retirement surely looks good to me!

I stayed home yesterday and "tydied up". Today it's out into the world to do some shopping. Wish there was a Ranger store that I could "brouse around" in. Bet I could find just the one that I wanted. :love: I can picture it now: "Look what I found on sale, dear! He goes so well with my new outfits. Don't you like the color of his eyes and his bright sword? No, I can't take him back. The store has a "no return" policy. We'll, err, I'LL just have to make the best of it and keep him."

Wish me luck. If you don't hear from me for a while, you'll know that I found that Ranger store!!! :disco:

MT
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 06:37
MTMS- a Ranger store! What a cool idea. I hope you find one soon.

awelyn -how nice that you will bring home a new friend. enjoy! I know that s/he will have a loving home.

Hubby and a friend and I went to see Chronicles of Narnia yesterday. Wow, a beautiful film with incredible visuals, haunting music and an excellent story. Better than I expected and not at all limited by being a children's story Some great spiritual and emotional themes - the Prodigal; how evil looks for a weakness or hurt within us; the true nature of sacrifice. And to top it all off the sexy voice of Liam Neeson ( Be still, my heart)

I highly recommend it (umm, the film, not just the voice .

HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 07:14
Hi everyone

MT I hope you find your Ranger store - there is a shop in Edinburgh called Rohan but they don't have any hunky horsemen so I don't hold out too much hope. There are however loads of kilt shops but all I ever see lurking in there are Japanese tourists. However let us know if you find your Ranger shop and especially if they do mail order (should that be male order?)

Remember a Ranger isn't just for Christmas.

Love to everyone

HT:heart:

Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 07:23
Good to hear that everybody's holidays seem to have been great. My own Christmas was very peaceful and quiet; I spent it with just my own family. We didn't give many presents to each other; myself, I got Terry Pratchett's Thud! from my husband, a set of coasters from my daughters, and some money to use for whatever I want both from my parents and my mom-in-law. On Christmas Day, I made a long walk with the hubby and my younger one, and yesterday, I went to see Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit with the older one.

Neenime, that's a lovely photo of your ice candle! I've also made them in some winters, not in the last few years though.

Awelyn, please tell us about the new furry member of your family as soon as you can! :heart: I'll post the recipe for the plum pudding one of these days, as soon as I can dig it up and translate it - I haven't made it myself for a couple of years because mom-in-law always sends us some.

MTMS, good luck with finding a Ranger store!
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 08:49
Hopefully we have all survived Christmas and are now readying ourselves for one final battle of '05 in the form of excessive eating, drinking, missed bedtimes and other things we call "fun".
I think Mrs Swabby must have bought out all of New Line Cinema's remaining inventory of collectables and gave them to me for Christmas. (A tiny woman who could juggle and some bananas would have been just fine) It was all very nice, but I still didn't get A Lothlorien blankey or some hobbit feet with built-in arch supports. I now have A gold ring with strange writing on it that won't fit on my hotdog fingers but will look cool hanging on A chain or laying in the palm of my well-soiled hand.
I had A really good visit with my two older sons who came up from Texas to visit. We played guitars quite A bit, which was A lot of fun.
I thank everyone who sent me an E-card or said or thought anything remotely nice or complimentary about me. I have A high opinion of all of you and place great value on your friendships.:heart: Swabby

[Edited on 27/12/2005 by swabby]

[Edited on 27/12/2005 by swabby]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 01:32
A tiny woman and bananas, swabby? Next you'll be wanting to go to New York City!! Glad that you had fun with "your boys." Bet that jam session was cool. What did you play?

No ranger store to be found. :cry: What's a gal who has a hankering for "that type" to do? Don't worry,HT, Mith, SE, and neenime I would have picked one up for each of you.:love: That's what friends are for.

Read Tolkien's Letters from Father Christmas. It is fabulous! I love the fact that Tolkien wrote at least one letter to his children from Father Christmas each year for about 18 years. The letters were quite humerous and have wonderful, funny drawings that amuse me very much. He was a great storyteller. His handwriting is so unique, I love looking at it.
The stories include the North Polar Bear, the Man in the Moon, goblins, red and green elves, a Cave Bear and the North Pole. Quite a treasure.

May watch a little FOTR tonight. Looking forward to seeing that mysterious ranger in the corner at the Prancing Pony. Perhaps I can squeeze in next to him.

MT
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 03:14
Morwinyoniel - thanks (re: ice candle). I learned this from my Finn neighbours and co-workers. Unfortunately, it's so mild here right now that they don't survive more than one session with a candle inside. Oh well, January is almost here and there will be enough cold whether to freeze the horns off a balrog (not our own dear balrog, of course).

MT - cuddling up in a dark corner with a Ranger? *nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more* Would you like some privacy? We can leave.......
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 27, 2005 06:33
Had a wonderful Christmas. Hubby and I celebrated Christmas eve then drove to Pennsylvania on Christmas day and made several visits. Got some really nice gifts, including a framed Aragorn poster from sister-in-law, LOTR wall calendar, 3 more HOME books, and a Star Wars collectible light saber. May not be a sword, MT, but can hold my own with it, Anyhow, it looks & sounds really cool. Favorite gift was card from 10 yr. old grandson - he wrote some sweet things.

The ice candle photo is so beautiful, Neenime. Thanks for sharing. The runes (?) you wrote on the Christmas card are cool. I found a site that shows how to write your name in Elvish but the runes/characters wouldn't print. Do you know of any sites that might have this? Thanks.

Wow, MT, a Ranger store, what a fantastic idea. I would have gladly accepted your generous offer of picking up a Ranger for each of us Ranger lovers.

Ummm, bananas and a tiny woman - very interesting, Swabby. An analyst would have a field day with that, lol. But seriously, I can relate. I think MT has the right idea, it is best to get the $$'s and get what you want the most. Although the tiny woman may present a wee bit of a problem.

Awelyn, can't wait to hear about your new addition to the family. I love dogs and especially puppies.

Thanks for the link about Tolkien's birthday celebrations, Balrog! The site is on my favorites but I seldom check all the sites as it is too much and most of my time is spent in COE, especially in FOF where the dearest and kindest friends hang out. You are all special and I thank you sincerely for your loving friendship.

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 03:55
Good luck to you ladies who are seeking that "Ranger store" where, presumably, one could buy chocolate-covered Rangers, with or without cream filling, (sounds messy) non-edible decorative models or even life-like, full-sized Rangers with articulated body parts that you could place in various poses around the house to amuse your friends. Just imagine your girlfriend's reaction at seeing you sitting on Viggo's lap feeding him grapes or with your bodies entwined beside the pool!
I think it's A great idea, and who would be better at operating such A store than our own Ranger-lovin' MT? Her only problem, as I see it, is the potential for jealousy and revenge erupting from her existing faux-Ranger, the ever-handsome Ara-baby standee. Of course he's only two-dimensional, but he still has feelings.

If I had recieved A tiny woman who juggles and some bananas for Christmas, I assure you that I would keep her in A safe and private location, well away from any dinosaurs or psychiatrists, and I would definately NOT take her to New York. Besides, she wouldn't have any clothes to wear. (hehe)
If you ladies can have cream-filled Rangers without causing A red alert in the psychiatric world, then my having A tiny little woman should be of no consequence. So there. Swabby
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 05:06
No need for privacy, neenime. My mind can go places (especially with a certain ranger) and enjoy situations that no one knows about, except moi.:love:

Ah haw! We have another sword (light saber type) weilding shieldmaiden in our midst. There's something thrilling about having a sword in your hand, insn't there Mith? Feels like a hidden strength is strapped at your side when it is there. Orcs, goblins and those on the dark side should best beware!

I would LOVE to work at a Ranger Store, swabby. I'm sure there would be many customers I could help with a big smile on my face.
I appreciate your concern for Ara-baby's feelings. Wouldn't want to break his two dimensional heart! He is my "first" and we have been through alot together: hurricanes, floods, weddings, birthday parties and Mardi Gras. I have seen him move, ever so slightly and he has whispered my name, late at night. Thanks for reminding me of "what we have.":love:

MT
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 01:42
Miththoliel - the elvish script is something that I taught myself over the course of a year or so. Used Prof. Tolkien's notes from the books and several lunch hours per week, I went to the library and practised transcribing excerpts from the trilogy, until I pretty much knew the letters from memory.

I found this site here that has Elvish and Cirith fonts inseveral variations, that you can install,. I have used them successfully, but I'm not sure that the letters correspond to the English letters on the keyboard. Also, some of the spacing is odd (i.e,. herd to get the tehtar marks to sit OVER a consonant) . I had to boost font size to about 72 to see anything clearly.

There may be other sites , as well. You can try this one for various language pages, including photos and translations of the inscriptios on various swrods. there is a Beleriand version of the Tengwar that I didn't even recognize at first. Not sure whether there are downloadable fonts or not, but it's a fascinating site .

Ah yes, hours of fun that keeps me out of the pool halls. And my darling husband just shakes his head mournfully and wonders how he can get me to take my medication,.

Speaking of which, swabby, my dear the little woman and bananas thing... oh my. If you were in therapy with me, we would have quite a fascinating conversation....... LUcky for you that I'm off duty.................
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 05:06
Hi, everybody.
Yesterday I went to St. Louis Mo. actually about 90miles west of St. Louis to get my dog. She is 5 years old and she is a black and white Shih Tzu and her name is Su-Lin. She was a breeder and after 5 years they retire them. She was treated like a princess. Her mom was a show dog. She is a beautiful with a temperament to match. She had never ridden long distance in a car but she did great. She is a sweetie and I will have to do some training as far as house breaking and getting her use to grass and a leash but she has done great today.

I am exhausted and I am going to bed. I will talk with all of my FOF friends tomorrow..
faramirgirl
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 28, 2005 11:35
Hello everyone, it has been a while since I had been here. School was really hard on me this semester, for it seems all that I was doing was writing papers. I was having problems in one of my class, "Criminal Law" I was doing find with the MC, T/F, New York Times, trems words, and some matching, the matching that I was having problems with was the court rulings, for I could not remember court rulings for the life of me. Good thing I am not going to a lawyer isn't it? Anyway I ended up with one A, and three B's and one C (which was in Criminal Law) and one P for a pass/fail class. I have one more semester to go and then I am done. But I got something in the mail saying that I needed more classes then what my advisor had told me, so at the start of next semester I am going to see him and get it figured out, because he told me that I should be done May 2006.

Well I hope that all had a beautiful Christmas with love ones and friends.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 03:04
Hi there faramirgirl . Welcome back. Glad that you could join us.

I can understand the sigh of relief re: end of semester. I work as a counsellor at a university and we were also glad when the end came. You sound as though you are doing well. As for Criminal Law just remember that no one will hire or fire you on the basis of any one mark. I hope that you learned some useful things in that class. That's what I think is the biggest value of university: expanding our knowledge and appreciation about life, about different viewpoints and the ability to think critically in our world.

I hope you get good news about the course requirements so that you can be finished this coming year.

It's photography day today - going out with hubby to take some shots. I get to be roadie and artistic consultant. the weather is mild, so it should be a nice way to get some fresh air and exercise.

Then I think I'll do some reading - got a book on the Knights Templar and their connection to various ancient spiritual sites in Europe (most of which are related to Goddess-worship). Also got my 2006 LOTR calendar - yippee! I love end-of-year sales at bookstores.

Had lunch with a dear friend yesterday - ate Sushi (yum!). She bought me an awesome scarf for Christmas - hand-painted silk with the Hindu symbol for each Chakra running up the length of it. The colours are all deep, rich jewel-tones. It's gorgeous! More importantly, this person is one of those deep, true friends and we can talk to each other about absoultely anything. That's the real gift -her willingness to be in my life.

Well, off to walk the doggie and then it's hiking time. Have a great day everyone

[Edited on 29/12/2005 by Neenime]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 04:38
Welcome, Faramirgirl! Sounds like you've been busy. The teacher in me applauds your concentration on your studies. Dedication does pay off, in most aspects of life. Congrats on your hard work.

You have a princess now, awelyn. How nice! Shih Tzu's are so cute! I bet she'll be a lap dog. Good alternative to curl up with if you don't have a ranger handy.

Thanks for sharing the rune sites, Neenime. I may try my hand at them one day. Have fun with hubby.

Been thinking of SE and wondering how's she's been. Miss you, SE! Take care and come back to us soon.

awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 04:59
Hello Faramirgirl,
It is nice to meet new FOF people I remember those days in college when I was working a full time job and being a wife and mom and going to college. I don't miss the pressure. Hang in there sounds like you are doing great.

Neenime, have a great time. Your husband's photo's are so good and now you get to help. It is rainy,and a grey day here. So ,enjoy your good weather.

MTMS, She is so sweet and she does like to cuddle. I just have to watch her her around my Bassets. I hope SE is ok too. I have to go do house work and then I am going to show off my dog to my friends and family. Have a great day.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 05:55
Welcome back, Faramirgirl! Great to hear that your studies are advancing fine!

Awelyn, your new dog sounds cute! :heart: I guess that, although she's been a breeder, she has been in a proper kennel, and not in a worst kind of a puppy mill. From another site, I know a woman who works in a shelter, and she has encountered some really difficult cases with dogs rescued from puppy mills - the poor animals didn't trust humans at all. :angry:

My thoughts are with SE as well.

Mr Morwin and I are celebrating our anniversary today. :cheers: We don't do anything special this year, but after two years, when it will be the 20th for us, we're definitely going to arrange something.

:hug: to all, and hope you'll get some Ranger sightings...
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 06:38
Hello to faramirgirl, I hope you can drop in more often.

Awelyn, good luck with your little dog. I hope it takes to it's new family and doesn't have any bad habits.

Neenime the therapist could see inside heads
Every man and beast, "I know them" she said
She seeked not to flatter poor Swabby's grey matter
and quickly determined "He's mad as A hatter."
"His head is unscrewed and his cork has come loose
now I must go bath in some porcupine juice"
"I'll dance untill midnight with jam on my knees
then check my snowshoes for Mojavian fleas".

My dear Neenime, it's all in good fun, isn't it?
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 07:30
Thanks so much for the links, Neenime! Now to set aside some time for study. My brain does not absorb nearly as fast these days but it does help when I find the subject really interesting. Which is pretty much anything to do with Tolkien.

Awelyn, wonderful to hear about your new princess. She is fortunate to have a home with you where she will be very loved.

Swabby, love the poem, what an imagination you have! It is such a joy to read these posts and laugh and realize we are not alone in this crazy world.

Happy Anniversary, Morwin!
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 12:18
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY Morwin!!!
Wishing something special for you two on your special day!:heart:
Start planning for your anniversary celebration now. Mr. MT and I just let the 20's go past us without much fanfare. But for our 30th anniversary we took a side trip to Paris (France) for a few days. I had always wanted to go to Paris, so we hopped a train from the Netherlands and took my son and his family along. My sister-in-law flew into Paris while we were there and we had a blast. Romantic nights and fun-filled days.

So your cork's come loose, swabby ? Mine too! It's kinda difficult to get it back on. Maybe I'll just stay this way.
I hope I'll be dancing till midnight. Am going to a wedding on New Year's Eve. Hubby is staying home cause he has to get up early for work the next am. (Bummer!!) I think I'll cruise the town looking for houses that have alot of cars parked out front and join the party. His work schedule has been getting in the way of our doing things together. I refuse to sit home AGAIN this year.
Let's see. What should I wear to the wedding that could also be party duds? Would the leather pants work?
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 02:33
Swabby the poem is a scream. Good lord man, if I ever do those things then send me Express to get my head examined!

As for being a bit cracked - there's a great poem by Leonard Cohen in praise of things with cracks, because that's how the light gets in.
Love it. And besides, normal and sane are dreadfully dull!!!!

Happy Anniversary Morwin - hope your time together is really special. :disco:

Oh, MTMS - I know how you feel. My darling is not big on going out ,though out of preference and not circumnstance, like yours. So I hope you find a good dancing party to join. Leather pants and something spangled sounds very sexy, but consider the heat factor if you're going to do a lot of dancing (Oy, the chafing...). Unless maybe they're the sexy ones with lace-up ventilation shafts cut in the sides. But maybe you don't want to give away too many details on an international communication medium!

Awelyn- sounds like a great new addition toy your family. Enjoy.

I am tired from the hiking and photography today. Hopped in the sauna to warm myself up as soon as we got home! The light was rather dull but we stlil managed some photos The sun shone out a bit and we caught an interesting, almost eerie shot of an island with a path of sunlight on the water around it. Will post it when hubby finishes sprucing it up a bit.

Trying to take shots whilst balancing on a swaying (OK, OK, only slightly swaying ) suspension bridge over a canyon is NOT exactly my favourite thing to do. I must say the view was beautiful and I got a few nice shots from terra firma. Hmm, reminds me why I'm a dedicated landlubber. Hats off to the sailors in the group. I don't think I could be comfortable on an ever-moving surface!

Reading and nap time for me.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 29, 2005 04:12
Morwin I forgot to tell you Happy Anniversary!
Awelyn:heart:
<< First2021222324Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email