Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VI
on: April 04, 2006 05:33
Congratulations for your daughter's engagement, Awelyn! :cheers: And, there's still half a year until November, you'll have enough time for the wedding arrangements. :hug:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 06:35
Hi everyone! :wave: Had a great time with friends this weekend. We ate at a really good health food restaurant.They make everyone from scratch and was so good it rivaled home cooking. We played games and talked into the wee hours of the morning. Quite fun but always good to get back wherever "home" is.

Rose, you are right, Spring is in the air! Thinking of that Ranger even more these days. Although I do quite fancy some of the elves. :naughty: Legolas is quite fetching but I think he just comes off a tad too young for me. And when I see Frodo I definitely think more like kid than hunk. But it is fun to share our thoughts on this.

That is really wonderful your daughter got engaged, Awelyn! I wish them both much happiness and joy. :heart:

MT, don't worry. If we go chasing the Ranger I will climb the trees and heights and scope things out for us while you stand guard below. Could be quite the team. And of course we will both be careful with the Swabbee. :love:

Hope you all have a great day/night!!! :heart: :hug: :heart:

Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 08:06
Re: the furskin controversy. Unlike Queen Victoria, we were MOST amused! :naughty:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 08:19
Hi everyone

Swabby - I got the furskin reference -wasn't at all offended. I think you would find that ladies amongst a group of other ladies could come up with far worse- we just pretend to be ladylike and refined.

Awelyn - Congratulations on your daughter's engagement - you are far too young to have a daughter old enough to get married!

Balrog hope you are enjoying your break as much as I am enjoying mine.

Re Legolas - although I am a Ranger girl I do have a soft spot for the beautiful elf. BTW in the most recent version of Pride and Prejudice the actor who plays Wickham looks remarkably like Orlando Bloom - anyone else seen it and thought that?

Best wishes to you all - hardly a day goes by when I don't think about my FOF friends.

Love

HT:heart:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 11:04
Scots I am with you the joke went completly over my head. Dear Rose and Swabby I don't think anyone took offense from anything you posted. I am just so glad you are both posting and that you are part of our FOF family.
I have got to find that question from the game I thought the answer was Ents and the game said trees. I will find it.

Thank you for all the congratulations.

Mith it sounded like you had a great time.

Morwin they changed it to October the month of both their birthdays.I am trying to remain calm.

Swabby, they will still be living here so it won't be to bad.

Spring is here I have tulips coming up.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 11:51
Well, I learn something new every day. I had no idea about Rumplestilskin having anything of that sort, swabby. Guess it shouldn't surprise me, since he's a little man living by himself in the woods.

We would make a great ranger hunting team, Mith. You search high and I'll search low and we'll get together ...oh never mind. My innocent thoughts were sounding not so much that way.

If any were in doubt, I am a ranger lover through and through. The elves that I "go for" are in Middle earth and not on the screen (for the most part). They are: Gil-galad, Glorfindel and Earendil. Like you, Mith, Frodo and Legolas on screen seemed too young to suit me. Give me a manly man with lots of experience..like a ranger who would be king!:love:

MT
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 12:25
Oh dear, I am afraid I have shown another side of me....I can be a bit of a grump sometimes.

Swabby, my friend, I was not offended, just a little embarassed that I had put forward a word that could be read as something else. :rolleyes: I should have written it as 'fur skin'.

Sorry folks for any kind of upset, I might have caused.

Now where's a bucket I can put my head in. Lol!!

Before I do :twitch: .... here's a trivia question:

What was Aragorn's own horse called that the Rangers brought with them from the north?
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 02:09
I doubt that seperating it into two words would have kept my potty mind from making the same association, Rose. Have you ever heard A "Johnny Foulmouth" joke. Here's one, but I'll have to censor it A bit.

The teacher said to the class "Who can give me A word that begins with the letter "A"? Little Johnny is the first to raise his hand, but the teacher thinks to herself "Oh, he'll say some naughty word like a**hole", so she pretends not to see him. Finally little Mary raises her hand. "Apple", she says proudly, and the teacher moves on to the letter "B". Once again, Johnny is the first to raise his hand, and once again she ignores him, thinking "There's too many dirty words that begin with that letter", and calls on little Bobby when he finally raises his hand. It goes on like that untill she comes to "R" and no one has their hand up except for little Johnny Foulmouth. She thinks "Hmmm, I can't think of A dirty word that begins with that letter", so she reluctantly calls on him. Little Johnny says "rat". Teacher breathes A sigh of relief, but then Johnny continues, "Yeah, A big stinky one with A d#*k about that long", holding his hands about A foot apart.

So you see, Rose, there was little you could have done to prevent me from turning an innocent word into A naughty one. I'll just try to be more cautious in the future.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 03:12
Hi everyone.

Thought I would poke my head in and see what's going on.

My holidays are dwindling down. One day left.

swabby: Gotta love those Johnny Jokes. :love: I know I do.

You have me stumped on that question, Rose. By the way, I thought the message of furskin was cute. It's amazing how anybody's imagination can get away from them. Me included. But hey, if we didn't have great imaginations then we would all be pretty BORING. I love our bunch.:heart::love:

I don't know if any of you know him but I am going to see Burton Cummings on Friday. Safeway bought me tickets for a gala that our charity at work is sponsoring. Yeah, ME. :disco: Never saw him when he was with The Guess Who but I guess better late than never.

Thanks for the info on the Star of Elendil, BelleBayard. I was just wondering about it. To see if there was a pic of it. I have a pic of the phial, thanks. I'm doing background info on some things about Middle Earth that will help my RPG character. I'm quite proud of what I'm doing. I want to thank anyone and everyone on the information you have brought to my life. I'VE TURNED INTO A GEEK!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I should go and continue with writing.

namarié my friends

[Edited on 5/4/2006 by balrog]
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2006 03:55
HI all,

That horsey's name was Roheryn. He was a gift from Arwen to Aragorn. I am sure he was just as handsome as the fine Brego.

I completely misunderstood furskin in a much filthier way and imagined Swabby removing a much larger swath of fur covered skin--- :blush: You see how my mind works.

Three more days with the orklings! THe countdown commences.

Speaking of what things look like: has anyone ever come across a picture or drawing of Aragorn's Star of Eagles brooch? That would have made a fine piece of merchandise for the Tolkien shops.

Trivia: What two celestial bodies was Elendil so fond of he carved them into his sword and named his sons after them?

Sindy

[Edited on 5/4/2006 by sindarinelvish]
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 01:53
Balrog, yes I know who Burton Cummings is. Singer for the "Guess who". "No sugar Tonight", "American Woman", etc.
Remember Gene Pitney? He sang "Only 24 Hours from Tulsa", "The Man who shot Liberty Valance" and others. Dead at 65. Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 02:32
Trivia Question Wild guess here - Anor (sun) and Ithil (moon)? Who knows. I am not a trivia whiz in ME matters.

Have a good day everyone. :wave:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 02:49
Aw ,Swabby he was one of my favorite singers in the 60's That makes me sad.

Good for you Balrog and I hope you have a good time at your concert.

I agree with Neenime on the trivia question. I did not know the names I just thought sun and moon.

Sindy, hello how is your weather?
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 03:35
Re the f-u-r s-k-i-n thing. Thank you all for your comments. I'm such a silly billy. Now don't go making anything out of that swabby!! Rofl! *wags a disparaging finger*

Sindy, puhlease..... you have my mind racing and my fingers rushing toward my photoshoppy programme. *drags herself back and ties hands behind back* Lol!!!

Close one there, swabs, me old mate. :evil: Lol!!

Isn't is just so sad about Gene Pitney....wow, does that take me back. I loved his voice. I had heard he was doing a tour of the UK. Very sad. Another voice for the heavenly chorus.

I'm afraid I don't know Burton Cumming. What kind of music does he sing? Enjoy yourself Balrog.

*Takes the 'good day' wishes from Neenime. :wave: Thanks, pet.

Trivia Question: What is the Rohirric name for Lothlórien.

UK Weather Bulletin: We have a flurry of wet snow last night, it's bitterly cold but the sky is blue, which lifts spirits. *checks calender .... it is April, right?!!* :twitch: Sheesh. The daffydowndillies must be wishing they hadn't popped their little yellow heads out now. Brrrrr!!

Hope everyone is in fine fettle and that aches and pains are on the wane. :love:

I'lll leave you with a couple of friends, who share my sentiments about you lovely people.

Rosie xxx
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 04:07
Hmm... Well, I know that Elendil's sons were Anarion and Isildur, which might be the Numenorian equivalent of Anor and Ithil as there were some differences in the languages after thousands of years (and combining the tongue of the Edain with that of the Eldar their founder came from).

As for weather, definitely April showers here. Been raining ever since yesterday afternoon and the ground is saturated. Got to run!
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 07:55
I find it both interesting and informative to read the on-going trivia questions and answers here, but I must say that much of it is of A considerably deeper level than would be found in the board game, that's for sure. My own sense of fairness will not allow me to look up answers to those questions that I don't know. I mean, really, someone who has never seen the movies or read the books could look up the answers to many of the more difficult questions that have been posed here.
I think it was Sindy who asked who jumped off the broken steps first, and Balrog who wondered about Frodo's wounds. To me, those were excellent questions and were of the type that one could have learned the answers to by watching the movies.
Please don't think I'm being an upstart and trying to make trouble or force anyone to bend to my will. I'm only airing my thoughts. All information about Middle Earth and Tolkien's work interests me, but I'm thinking how different it would be if A bunch of us was actually together playing the board game.
On A different subject, most of our daffodils have come and gone and my grass is going to need mowing soon. Birds are building their nests and bees are buzzing everywhere. I'm afraid it's going to be A long hot summer. Swabby
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 02:49
Don't fret about having an empty nest when your daughter marries, awelyn. Although I miss seeing my sons at times, I LOVE not having to "deal" with the responsibility of having more than 2 in the household most of the time. Now my schedule revolves around me and what I have to/want to do (sometimes hubby is figured in there somewhere). For many years I put them first and now IT"S MY TURN. Wishing you the same mindset, or at least having a positive outlook.

I also would love to see Aragorn's Star or Eagles brooch,sindy. Let me know if you ever find a drawing of one. Hope you make it through these last few days till FREEDOM, I mean spring break. :disco:

Wish I could send some of my weather your way, Rose. It's very dry, sunny, and warm (80 F). Pecan trees haven't leafed out yet. They're the last hold outs in the opening up for spring department. Maybe tomorrow I'll see some new leaves on those bare branches.

Our school's annual play day is coming up this month. The theme this year is the winter olympics. (I think this is crazy in an almost tropical enviroment). Each class is to come up with it's own flag or banner to represent itself. I think I'll use the skull and crossbones/jolly roger flag. Or maybe the Gondorian white tree or Saruman's white hand... any other suggestions?

MT
awelyn418
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 04:20
MTMS,
I know, this is my third child to marry but she is my baby and it just seems harder. I do enjoy my time to myself but I love my family being around me too.

Rose it has been cooler here lately. It is suppose to warm up this weekend.

One of the moms I see had a fire and her house and everything is gone. But all of the family is safe and that is what is most important.

Belle it is suppose to rain here tomorrow too.
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 05:48
swabby, we do tend to get into the books a bit sometimes and for that I apologize. I realize that a lot of folks only know the movies or know them best and there's nothing wrong with that. I confess, I look things up, either in books or on the Internet. No way I can cram all that into my brain along with my Master's nursing school stuff.

That said, don't worry if you can't come up with the answers. It's just for fun. After the movies I delved deeper into Tolkien, getting the Silmarillion and a number of the History of Middle Earth series (prequels of a sort to the LoTR).

It's been raining here off and on all week and the roads and ground are soaked. Don't really mind, but feel for the folks in areas scorched a couple of years ago. Mudslides are a danger then.

Hugs to all my FoF!
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2006 06:20
Trivia Question: What is the Rohirric name for Lothlórien.
Now that's a stumper!

I recall Treebeard had a very long word for it, as one might expect for an Ent, Laurelindórinan ('The Land of the Valley of Singing Gold').

The Westron name (or "Common Tongue") name was Dreamflower.

Éomer refers to Galadriel as ‘The Lady of the Golden Wood’ but I don't recall him using the Rohirric word for Lothlórien.

I suppose if one knew Old English they could figure it out, as Tolkien used that language to symbolize Rohirric. I don't know Old English.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 01:50
Trivia Question: What is the Rohirric name for Lothlórien

I have to admit in all my geekieness, I've been looking and looking for the answer to this poser. No such luck as of yet.

Weather: Hold on to your hats Awelyn and Swabby! I hear things are going to get a mite interesting hereabouts this afternoon. I hope it doesn't get too interesting in your direction.

Well, again orklings call. I must leave for the Mines. Our "official" spring break is the 14th and 17th. The spousal unit has me busy throughout the whole thing. Darned kitchen cabinets. Will they *ever* be done? *sigh*
awelyn418
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 02:24
Awelyn holding on to my hat. Well, I hope it just does not spawn
tornadoes. Our area has had enough.

My husband has been home all week with the flu. He coughs and does not cover his mouth. I am so afraid he is going to contaminate the household. You can hear me say turn and cover as I hand him a tissue. I have had him sleep in a different room.

Hello OTB, Treebeard is one of my favorite characters in the book. I always wished they had found the entwives.

Belle, I bet the mudslides are awful. Yes, it is all in fun and I love to play and I will learn or try to from all of you.

Have a good day.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 02:45
Enjoying the trivia questions though they are really out of my league. I dabble in deeper Tolkien trivia, but because I do it infrequently, the stuff just doesn't stick in my head. Oh well. It's fun to dabble.

Blessings and an energy shield of protection around all of you in tornado country.* takes out her replica of Nenya and tries to fire a beam of energy from it. Nothing. Shakes it. Maybe the batteries are dead :banghead:

One of the advantages of living in the Great White North is that we tend not to get violent weather. Some risk from deadly cold and snowstorms, if you're caught without shelter or warmth, but we live with that and are prepared for it, for the most part.

Received some very sad news yesterday, A client I had been seeing took her own life. Apparently it happened a while back and word only trickled back from her distant family last night. I hate to think of someone so alone that she couldn't even reach out for a crisis call as she had so many times in the past. She was a troubled soul and I can only hope that she is not suffering any more. May she rest in peace.

callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 03:30
Dwimordene....Rohirrim for 'magical wood'.

Neenime. thanks. I prefer the blondes. Yes, another shameless 'Leggy lover'. (I know, I have a son his age)... but he is just georgeous!! Funny enough my teen daughter prefers Aragorn.
Awelyn. awww! Thats so nice. I know, sad too, but if she is to marry, better that you like her husband to be. If you get along well, then you are just adding to your family! I hope it all goes well. No doubt you have lots to do now to prepare.

I heard on the news about the tornadoes. Keep safe everyone on tornado alley. Another rain/bits of sun day here in the UK.
Now...What was Galadrials name given to her by her father?
(hope thats not too easy, I have to run)

Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 04:35
Dwimordene....Rohirrim for 'magical wood'.

Nice job, callë! I was expecting one of the Eorlingas to use the word, but now that I see the actual word I recognize the word from a song Gandalf sings in the Golden Hall.

In Dwimordene, in Lórien
Seldom have walked the feet of Men,
Few mortal eyes have seen the light
That lies there ever, long and bright.
Galadriel! Galadriel!
Clear is the water of your well;
White is the star in your white hand;
Unmarred, unstained is leaf and land
In Dwimordene, in Lórien
More fair than thoughts of Mortal Men.

Now that I look at the passage, I see that Wormtongue actually uses it before him:

Then is it true, as Éomer reported, that you are in league with the Sorceress of the Golden Wood?' said Wormtongue. 'It is not to be wondered at: webs of deceit were ever woven in Dwimordene.'
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 04:56
I'm sorry to hear about your client, Neenime. Sometimes there is nothing anyone can do to keep to keep someone from self-destructing.

Awelyn, I too had hoped that the entwives would be found.

In the forest of Fangorn, from the tree tops to the ground
not A sign of the entwives has ever been found
Some say they were lost, but how can that be?
socks can go missing, but never A tree!

The ents are so lonesome, they shudder and moan
Their bark goes unscratched and their seeds will not grow
"No entings we've had for terrible long years"
said Treebeard while holding back his tree tears

I've forgotten her leaves and cannot remember
the smell of her bark or the shape of her timbers
If only once more I could sample her pleasures,
I'd tug on her moss, and knot holes, I'd measure

It is time to be hasty, (I'm well understood)
I know that we've all been waking with wood
so off with us now to search like we should
and find some nice sapplings that'll give us the goods!

Swabby

[Edited on 6/4/2006 by swabby]
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 04:56
I am here to help after daughter moves out on her own, awelyn. You can become an author and begin a book entitled Travels With MT, There and Back Again. But first, we'll have to do a little "research" by venturing off down the road.

Sorry to hear of your client's suicide neenime. That was our topic of study in Stephen Ministry Tuesday night at church. We decided that if someone has decided to take their life, it's difficult ot stop them. Will say prayers for the family.

Gotta scoot as the orclings are returning to the cave. Better grab my sword while I can.i
BelleBayard
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 05:34
My sympathy for your client, Neenime. Sometimes, if a person's determined, they'll do it no matter the resources available.

swabby, awesome Ent poem.

OTB, now I remember that name. The word dwimer must have some other meaning because I also recall that the fell beasts that the Nazgul rode were called 'dwimer beasts.' Maybe that means magical, but then it might also mean something like 'shadow." Dunno. Will have to do some research.

Okay, I had to research it. Heh... According to Wikipedia: "dweomer":

A Dweomer is the magical charge on an enchanted item in fantasy books or RPGs such as Dungeons and Dragons. More broadly, it can refer to the magical item itself or a spell cast by the object.

'Dweomer' was an Old English word for sorcery or witchcraft; see, for instance, 'dweomercraft' in the Oxford English Dictionary.

So that falls in with the name for Lorien and the fell beasts, who considered magical, but of a dark nature.

As to what Galadriel's father-name was, I found this in the Encyclopedia of Arda:

It was the custom of the Elves that a child's father should give a name to his newborn son or daughter, and so when Finarfin's youngest child was born, his only daughter, he chose the name Artanis, meaning 'noble woman'. As an adult, Artanis took a different name, a name in the Sindarin tongue meaning 'radiant garland' - Galadriel.

She had other names as well including Alatariel, Altariel, and Nerwen. I've seen her called Nerwen Artanis so obviously there are variations on names. Probably something like nicknames. There are also "mother names" from what I recall.

[Edited on 4/6/2006 by BelleBayard]
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 06:02
Sorry to hear about your client, Neenime.

Swabby, that Ent poem was very... well... swabbyish. :naughty:

Finally, the sun showed up again today. There's hope that spring will come, after all.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 06:52
Thanks for the kind words. You're so right. There is only so much we can do if someone has made up his/her mind. She was impulsive, among other things and that may have been a factor.

Cute poem, Swabby, you rake, you!

MT that's a book I would like to read! I hope that you and your co-writer will get that opportunity.

Fine spring day here, too. Not super-warm but very comfortable for a noon-hour jog . Seems to have clearaed up the headache I had this morning. Students in shorts already. Spring and summer are so short here that we Northerners take advantage of even sort-of-warm weather as soon a possible. Probably looks bizarre to you folks from warmer climes.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 07:06
Sorry to hear about your former client, Neenime. It is very sad that she felt life was not worth living.

Belle, there are some interesting explanations of the names in "Unfinished Tales". Read page 266 and it explains the custom of giving the father and mother names in general as well as the names for Galadriel and Celeborn. Very interesting and a bit too lengthy to quote here.

I read somewhere recently that a definition of hope is the confident expectation of a positive outcome. Springtime seems to fill everything with renewed life and the hope or promise of continued growth and life. For me it symbolizes a promise of warmer days to come.

Swabby, your poem made me smile as always. Had always liked to think that some day the Entwives were found, although there did not seem to be much hope. The Ents, like men, find it very lonely without their Entwives (women). And then there is that seemingly endless drive to sow their seed. :naughty: And how else would they find their "socks"?

Well the sun is shining and I'm off to run some errands. Bye for now! :wave: :hug: :love::heart:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 03:08

I read somewhere recently that a definition of hope is the confident expectation of a positive outcome. Springtime seems to fill everything with renewed life and the hope or promise of continued growth and life.

Thanks for sharing that thought, Mith. Hope is so very important in order to live a joyful life. When I find my ranger, I will have a very joyful life.:love:

Love the ent poem swabby. I guess the maleness in their "sap" would make them search high and low for their lost loves. Can't say that I have much hope for the ents. They've grown too distant from the entwives and I doubt those differences could be overcome. (Who knew that ents had socks?)

Love the idea of mother names and father names. Think I'll give my grown children theirs now. They'll probably have more proof that mom's a "bit off."

MT

awelyn418
Send Message
on: April 06, 2006 03:41
Neenime I am so sorry . I know years ago I was a counselor for a phone crisis line. I answered the phone for 4 hours on Saturday. The calls I feared the most was the suicide ones. I had one who hung up on me saying he was going to kill himself. I talked to him for an hour when he hung up I just cried and cried. But two days later he called back.So, I was so thankful.

MTMS, You crack me up. so, ok sister hang on to your hat and let's do research. Now where did that come from :naughty: MTMS are you driving?

Mith good to hear from you and I agree Spring fulfills a promise of hope. Drive carefully.
Swabby one night I dreamed the Ents found their wives and it was a romantic reunion. (sigh) if only it was true. How is your weather.?
I bow :disco: to Calle and to you all who answered the questions.
Hi Calle, and thank you. Yes I do like him and so does my husband. Hi Morwin and OTB.
I have to do laundry and dishes. Have a great Friday.:heart:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 03:49
Neenime, I suspect your "sort of warm" weather might be considered "not very warm" or even "colder than A well-digger's butt" by many of us down here in the South. When I lived in Corpus Christi, Texas, I was amazed when I rode my old Norton motorcycle by the sea wall the first time. It was late September, the temperature had dropped from the typical 95 degrees F of summer to about 80, and here were groups of people huddled together with their sweaters and jackets on. Not A soul was swimming in the still bathwater- warm gulf. It was trully amazing.
And hey, what's with calling me A rake? No one's ever called me A yard impliment before. I had to look that one up. (I'm just A humble old deckhand, ye see) After weeding out (get it, weeding out?) all those definitions that didn't fit, like "A multi-pronged tool", I finally came to it's synonym "dissolute", and that word means "lacking restraint, loose in morals", and I thought "Hey, that's me!" Yep, I most definately do lack restraint. Just look at me now, risking my neck by making fun of somebody's word again. Loose in morals? Well, that's what happens when A fella spends too much of his life cooped up in A ship with five thousand other hairy-legged horny dudes. What were we supposed to think about, growin' flowers?

Mt, you said you didn't know that ents wore socks, well, according to "The World of Ents", by Betty Acorncraker, they only wear them with their roller skates. (It's the blisters, ya know) Of course, you'd never learn that bit of obscure information from the books or movies. Swabby

Oops! I forgot to mention the book "Ent Trails" by our own Ozark hills author, Altus P. "squirrel" Dropins, who sez that it was passed down to him from his old granny that ents started collecting socks so they'd have something to put their presents in on Christmas.

[Edited on 7/4/2006 by swabby]
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2006 04:41
Awwww, swabby , you know I meant "rake" in the nicest way. And yeah, you could be doing other things - reading fine literature, playing cribbage and backgammon, building model ships in glass......Just kidding!

Anyway, I don't really think you have loose morals, just a lusty approach to life. Go for it!
<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email