12345Last >>
Author Topic:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
Post Fans over Forty ~ Part VI
on: March 20, 2006 06:48
And now, the time has come...

Over 600 posts again! Wow... Time for a new thread for the FoF. Heh... I will lock the other one and begin anew.

Daughter's out from Colorado with son-in-law. They planned to go back Wednesday, but will probably take a lot longer to get back because there was a huge snowfall in the mountains yesterday. She called work and they told her just to get back safely. Went to buy chains for their car.

It's been rather cold and dank here (unusual for San Diego) with the temperatures barely reaching 60. Right now it's about 47 and overcast, so I believe it may rain again. We need the moisture, but... brrrr....

That said, we rock! *ahem* Sorry, got carried away. :blush:
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VI
on: March 20, 2006 07:32
Hi again

Wow another part to our forum we are a chatty bunch aren't we?

Quote "I have seen those "exhibits" before OTB. They exhibit the "exotic" quirkiness of the V-man, which I find amusing. I can and do, like wise-minded Scots and Sindy, differentiate between Viggo and Aragorn. Aragorn owns my heart..Viggo comes as close to any mortal to sharing that honor. What say you on that HT ?"

Hmm Aragorn or Viggo? tough choice but Aragorn has the edge for being a scruffy Ranger! Viggo I suspect would be a little easier to live with imagine this conservation

Ht "Honey please take out the trash!"

Aragorn: "What is trash? and who are you? and I am a king only Arwen tells me what to do!"

Viggo: "Yes dear in a minute."

I would still end up doing it myself but Viggo's response would be more familiar.

On the other hand if I was fortunate enough to have either of these men the trash could do what it liked!

Also I suspect Viggo would know how to buy me chocolate.

But Aragorn would be less inclined to steal my eyeliner!

Love and hugs to all you wonderful people

HT:heart:

swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 08:45
I think I can understand the different "Viggos" and how he could be so masculine one time and appear A little "funny" at other times. I think it is only because he is so comfortable and secure with himself and his sexuality that he's able to joke around and be outrageous like that. It's just A theory, but I think that those men who are really upset by homosexuals and who wouldn't think of acting A little feminine, even as A joke, are probably hiding something. Personally, I don't see any problem with being macho and manly when it is appropriate and being the opposite when that is appropriate. I see it as A very good way to be.

Went to the movies yesterday and saw "V for Vendetta". It's another example, so I believe, of Hollywood doing their best to warn the world of the dangerous path that we (America and Great Britain, mostly) have taken, and of what's going to happen if we don't wake up. I highly recommend it, along with George Clooney's excellent film (now available on DVD) "Good Night and Good Luck". I think the Prof would have approved of both of these. Swabby
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 09:35
Hey, we must have made a new posting speed record with the previous thread... It feels like yesterday that it was started!

Blah,I've been arranging the Gallery for the whole evening... :dizzy: :sleepy:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 11:45
*mush, mush, little doggies!*

Holy Cow! Greetings from Nanook of the North. Well, Midwest to be precise but it sure feels like the Great North. Neenmie and Balrog, I have an inkling of what you've been through this winter. The PoG even made the Weather Channel today! Some guy was giving a report about us. LOL No school again tomorrow! I spent most of today with my head in my kitchen cabinets cleaning, sanding, and priming. Tomorrow will be painting the first coat of paint on this section of lower cabinets. I am bound and determined to have them done before late July. The spousal unit would like to see them done within a year of me starting the whole process. What an attitude he has! . My poor Raisin though. She's been banished to the basement until the cabinets are nice and dry. The last time I didn't put her in and I had kitty prints all over everything.

Well, must go and hide under a blanket for a bit. So much for spring. At least we're getting some much needed moisture.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 12:26
Who is that scruffy Ranger with the hairy chin and jowls?
Is he the one whose manliness makes women moan and howl?
A manly man is what they say,
but I swear I saw him yesterday
kissing sailors and acting gay
on the dock down by the bay!
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 01:58
Okay, I'm trying putting a picture taken from my front door of the snow we've had today. I sent this to a friend of mine and she said it looked like Narnia. That it does.

Thanks so much, Rose, for the excellent directions for posting images. Even a computer idiot like myself can do it! Yay, Me!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 03:04
We did it again! :cheers: FOF friends.

Oh, Scots that photo is beautiful. It does look like Narnia. It looks wet and powdery.

Morwin we appreciate all your hard work.

Swabby are you rested from your granddaughter adventure?
It is so cold in Mo.and it is so hard to believe. I tried to balance an egg today.You know first day of Spring but it was to windy.I believe a man can show his feminine side without cross dressing that is my opinion.
I am going to go cuddle by my dog and brush her.
Have a good night.

:sleepy:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 05:51
Congratulations Fogeys Over Forty on your new thread! :cheers:

After a sunny but breezy weekend it's been raining steadily all day here in Northern California. Late this afternoon/early this evening things got really exciting, though. Donner und Blitz! (Thunder and Lightning!) Plus rain and hail. I'm sure glad I got some yard work done on Saturday. (Although I'm still sore and stiff. Ouch!)

Ooooo! Snooowww! Pretty, Scots.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2006 07:14
Hi everyone.

FOF:WE DID IT!!! WE DID IT!!!!!! Another thread to write in. :disco: :rolling: :cheers:

scot56: Loved the pic. It does look like Narnia. That's what it looked like when it snowed here.

Loved the poem Swabby.

Nice to hear you're back with us MTMS.

We have had a nice few days. It's been around -7C. Noticed a ring around the sun today. Could be in for another storm in 3 days. Hope not. There does seem to be a system coming up from Alberta. I will take thunder and lightning any day.

9 days and I'm on holidays. :disco: Can't wait.

Well my calendar is coming along great. The dates I have are going perfect. I should have it done by Saturday. Then I will have a reference guide to whatever date, when I need it. It's based on the lives of the Elves and the War of the Ring.

Well, I'm going back to it and should say TTFN.

namarié

[Edited on 21/3/2006 by balrog]
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 03:40
Greetings fellow (and sister) posters! Hooray for FoF. What a prolific bunch we are! :cheers:

I wonderd what was wrong when not a single e-mail notification came through since my morning post. SHold have known.....

scots what a perfectly lovely photo. Well, enjoy your sanding and whatnot.

I agree, awelyn it's just like Narnia.

Masculinity and feminity. We assume these things are genetically programmed. In fact, much of what we see in behaviour is socially conditioned.

Manly men with feminine qualities! Bring 'em on, honey! Or maybe I'll save some to share, as I am lucky enough to have married one. Don't want to be greedy.

I think one reason for that "pink" photo might be to illustrate in images the inner feminine side of a man. Art often pushes the envelope of comfort and conformity. Overall, I think it's a good thing. Yay Viggo. I agree swabby that he is comfortable enough in his own identity that he can take risks like that. Fsascinating man, but I'll take the Ranger any day.

[Edited on 21/3/2006 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 03:44
Wish I had a calendar with dates from LOTR ,balrog. Did you do the work yourself? (Perhaps I can tackle that project this summer...midst going to the moot in Michigan, visiting my son in the Netherlands, attending inservices, doing a little redecorating..) Hope you relish your upcoming time off. It's good for the soul.

The weather here is lovely OTB. Sunny and warm (76) with many plants still in full bloom. Supposed to cool off a little later this week (65). The true sign of spring here is when the pecan trees leaf out. That hasn't happened yet, so it may get cold one more time. You never know around here, the weather changes so often.

Hope you get lots of cabinet painting done, scots. I enjoy painting and the effects that new paint/color can have on a room. I'm wanting to have some new flooring put down in my living/dining area. There are so many choices!!

Thanks for your recommendation on movies swabby . I have difficulty deciding what to see, as sometimes the trailers are better than the films.
Funny poem. If "he" were down by the bay, acting any old way, I'd be rowing/sailing/paddling my little boat up to the dock.:love:

Like your Aragorn or Viggo thoughts HT. For some reason, I think Viggo might be more fun to hang out with. But Aragorn has the stability, loyalty and devotion that appeal so much to me. :heart: Another thing : Can we stop references made to this Arwen gal? For some reason she irriates me.

Thanks for the new thread, belle. The FoF's are a chatty bunch. Guess "mature" folk have alot to say.
Enjoy your time with your daughter. It's such a gift for our grown children to want to spend time with us. Wishing you special times together.

This prisioner is escaping!! At least that's what it feels like. I'm leaving the house to get my hair cut and then maybe again later to go shopping (with hubby). Images and thoughts of shopping at the outlet mall and walking the beach invade my mind and I want to comply. These feet are getting restless. I'll try to behave, but there's no telling what may happen.

MT
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 04:14
:disco: There are days that being a teacher is worth it! I just got another one of my students hooked into LotR! Yay! I lent him my "spare" copy of the FotR movie --read-- my theatrical version, not the extended one. I just got an e-mail from him that was just glowing. About just how wonderful it was, how it drew you in. Sound familiar?? And the best part is...he wants to read The Hobbit! Now, we're talking about an 11 year old here. I was so thrilled! Shocking though it may seem, I haven't had anyone in my room this year that has been interested in reading the greatest books of all time. Even with the obsessive LotR fanatic that they have for a teacher. Oh, well. I've just hooked another one, so life is good. It makes me wish that I was at the beginning again and reading them for the first time. It's like falling in love for the first time. I remember well that feeling when I first picked up The Hobbit then The Lord of the Rings. It was amazing, and I'm truly grateful that I can pass some of that joy on to others.

Well, I've gushed enough for one day. LOL
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 06:50
That is A very pretty picture you posted, Scots. Congratulations on the new LotR convert, too. It always thrills me to share my interests with others, even though they never seem to equal my enthusiasm or get as excited as I do. It seems that you have found someone who is really pumped up about Tolkien, and that is very special. I suspect that there were others who didn't understand what A precious gift you were trying to give them.
I admit that it bumbs me out when I try to give something that I consider very valuable to someone and they don't want it. I've grown weary of inviting some people I know to come over and watch the LotR movies with me. I feel like I've offered them hot buttered bread just out of the oven or chocolate cake with vanilla ice cream or A trip to Shangri-la and they just give me A blank look and turn away. I don't get it at all.

I should have known that A mere deep gash in her belly made with razor-sharp scalpels wasn't going detain MT for very long. I sometimes forget that she is not just A school teacher, but A shield maiden as well, and has probably suffered much worse wounds than that and still performed playground duty.
I do watch A lot of movies, if anyone wants my opinion on one. Every year I receive some kind of gift from my local movie-rental store for being one of their top customers, plus I like to see all the "big ones" in the theaters.

To me, "new threads" is beatnic talk for new clothes. Swabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 03:38
I must do a powerful snow dance because we don't have school again tomorrow. We follow our affiliated district when it comes to school cancellations for snow. They close, we close. They closed because the buses can't get down the county roads yet. As of 4 p.m. today they hadn't plowed the road that goes in front of my school. I guess that I'll be cleaning, sanding, priming another bank of cabinets tomorrow. At least I'm using my time off constructively. Plus we're getting that spring break that everyone else gets that we don't. ROFL

Life *is* good!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 05:27
Scots ,you go girl. You will be getting those cabinets finished before you know it. No school oh how I long for next month and our time off. Oh well it's not that long. Our snow went around us and we are having colder temp.'s but no snow.

Swabby, I would be sitting on your couch with a box of tissues watching all 3 movies with you. I would need the tissues because I cry so much when I watch them. I don't understand either.

MTMS, I am so glad you are feeling better. It always makes a woman feel better to get her hair fixed.

Hi Neenime.

I am very tired so I am going to bed. My therapy session did not go well yesterday. It really hurt and I was in tears today but I did the exercises and it feels some better. I am going to use ice tonight.
I use to tell my kids this at night. Sweet dreams and don't let the bed bugs bite. One night my youngest would not go to bed because of this and I had to explain it was a saying and we did not really have bed bugs Sleep well.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 06:31
Hi everyone.

swabby: I'll be there on the couch with you and awelyn. We can all share a LARGE bowl of popcorn. I LOVE movies. I may need a box of tissues too.:cry: When it comes to LOTR, I seem to cry in the weirdest places.

scots: Horray for you. Nice to hear that you got one hook, line and sinker. I wish I could do that. I know when I read the books, I couldn't put them down. Then I read the Hobbit. It was even better to know the first part of the stories. I read them all in six weeks.

MTMS:Yes I did the work myself. I went to every site that had a calendar and copied it. I cross-referenced the information with everything I had, including books (Tolkien included) and created my own. It took me three weeks. When this is done, I am going to create a Middle Earth calendar that I can hang up on the wall. It should be great. Hope your escape was worth it. Hope you had fun.

awelyn:Sorry to hear about your shoulder. Hope it heals quickly. I know I don't like pain.

Talking about manly men: My brother, when we were small, could bake a cake better than me. Now that he is 40 this year, he still makes a mean meal.

Well, I'm going to go and do more work on my calendar. I have another new idea on it. So I will keep my fingers crossed.
TTFN

namarié
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2006 08:00
Hope there's room on the couch for one more swabby. Awelyn has the box of tissues (I'll need 'em), balrog has the popcorn, someone needs a pillow to stuff in my mouth when I talk too much (to the characters on screen). We must get together and do this in real life, along with all the other FoF'sters.

Wish I could make the pain go away, awelyn. I have some strong pain medication (vicodin) that I didn't use after my surgery. Hope the ice helps (brrrr!!)

You'll have to publish that calendar balrog.

Way to go scots! Brought another one into the fold. He will be thanking you for introducing him to Tolkien's world. Did I hear a bell ring?
Do you think you could do a no school dance for me on Monday? I don't think I'll be ready to go back. I wanna have a little fun before the last, long haul before the end of the year.

awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 03:45
Swabby sounds like you are going to need a bigger couch. We also want the EE versions please. We also need drinks and I love popcorn but my doctor says no I have diverticula. So , what about some candy
peppermint patties do not have very much fat in them. I wish we all could get together how grand that would be .

Once a week when my kids were small we would have movie night. We would have popcorn,candy and drinks. We would get pg movies and sometimes have friends over too. We would turn out the lights and just have fun. My kids remember these nights fondly.

Thank you Balrog and MTMS. I think it will just take time with the shoulder.

Mith where are you? I miss you.

Have a good day.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 04:08
:wave: Hey, make room for one more at the movies! We could have it at my house you know. We have an obscenely large screen HDTV (That was my spousal unit's midlife crisis) that has a wonderful surround system on it. I love it when I can turn on LotR and crank it up; it's just like it is in the theater only better. No big-hatted ladies sitting in front of me and overpriced treats.

Oops, must get back to the kitchen cabinets. Clean, sand, prime today. I'm bound and determined to get the darned things done.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 04:38
I should have known that A mere deep gash in her belly made with razor-sharp scalpels wasn't going detain MT for very long. I sometimes forget that she is not just A school teacher, but A shield maiden as well, and has probably suffered much worse wounds than that and still performed playground duty.

Swabby

Yes, swabby, I am a hardy shieldmaiden, toughened by the rigors of playground duty, cafeteria duty and working while sick. Surgery was a breeze. One of my incisions was inside my belly button. (Glad that I have an "innie") A little tender in those incisions (2) they glued (NOT Elmer's) shut, but not bad.
I'm going to meet with my care receiver today (Stephen ministry duty) and maybe drop in my classroom. Have alot to do there and don't want to put a whole day in at one sitting. Tough though I am, I still take it easy most afternoons. Haven't cooked in days!!

You name the date of the EE showings scots and I'll be there with popcorn, drinks and Peppermint patties. Could bring the LOTR Trivial Pursuit game also since I may find someone who would play with me.

Should we send out an APB for Mith? Have I forgotten that she's off on a trip or has she taken up with a ranger???
Now Mith, dear, if you are in the company of the Darlin' Dunedain, enjoy yourself to the max...but remember that it's good to share with your friends.

MT
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 04:46
I would certainly be in some fine company if I had Awelyn, Balrog amd MT sitting on my couch and watching our favorite movies. I would have to cook some really good treats for such A special ocassion as that. I have to warn you though, I can't tolerate very much talking during the movies, MT, it absolutely wrecks my concentration. If you just can't stop yourself from doing it, I could (reluctantly) let you hold the remote so you could pause it when the spirits took hold of your tongue. I'm sure we could work something out.

Thankyou, Neenime, for confirming that which I thought was true about men not being afraid to behave in A less than manly fashion. You know, I just remembered that I used to play paper dolls with one of my older sisters when I was about 8 or 9. I think part of it was that neither of us really had anyone else to play with at the time, and I guess it was natural that the younger child (me) would agree to play whatever game the older child chose.
It probably won't surprise any of you to learn that I, even at that young age, had an interest in women's bodies, and this was likely one of the main reasons I became an enthusiastic player of paper dolls. You see, my sister, being artistic, would make my paper dolls for me, as per my instructions. I had seen A picture somewhere of the famous stripper, Lilly St Cyr, so I had my sister make me A anatomically correct doll that resembled her in every way, if ya know what I mean. So little Swabby's detailed, well-endowed doll had removable clothes, and if the truth be known, they never stayed on very well.
I was heartbroken when my sister quit playing paper dolls with me. She only did it for A few months, but I shall never forget it. Not long after that, I found some boys about my age to play with and was soon going fishing, getting lots of bug-bites, catching snakes and frogs and cutting my shoe-less feet on broken glass. I still thought about Lilly St Cyr, though. Swabby
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 07:06
Seems that all the northern countries are having colder weather than usual! Here, the snow is usually melting at a good speed in these days, but now, we're still having full winter. My friends from the British Isles and Central Europe are also complaining about the cold. And now, even the PoG gets snow! In Southern Europe and the southern states of the US the weather seems to be rather normal, I guess.

Swabby, LOL at the anatomically correct paper doll!
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 08:21
Not just the north! It's been barely 60 almost every day at noon and gets into the 20's at night down here in San Diego. That's very unusual, especially for this time of year.

Well, saw daughter and son-in-law off this morning back to Denver. It snowed in the mountains, but they have chains. Still... I worry and asked that they call me when they get in. I already miss them. :cry:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 10:39
Oh Belle, I know how you feel. I miss mine when they leave.
My goodness that is cold for your area but take heart Spring can't be far behind I hope.

Morwin I am sorry you still have so much snow but take heart. Hey Rose could you please make a Spring picture for all the FOF friends that need a touch of Spring. I would but then no one would be able to tell what it was.

Swabby I use to play cowboys and Indians with my brother. We also used old broken mop and broom handles for our horses. We had the little plastic cowboy and Indian toys we would pose everywhere. Years after we had moved from that place my uncle told me they found mop handles and the little plastic toys.

MTMS,I am so glad that you are doing so well. Oh, bring the game we will have a marathon movie and game weekend. I think Mith had to move again with her husband's job. I am not sure.

Scots those cabinets will look so good. You are a determined worker.
:heart:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 03:05
I forgot to say earlier that I also have A large screen HDTV with great sound. I have all the movies in the extended version, and although I do have A small couch, I prefer to set everyone up with their very own comfortable recliner and TV tray. I am Johnny-on-the-spot with popcorn, homemade soup, homemade bread, cheeses, hot or cold tea, coffee, wine, sodas, beer or coffee. Give me enough advanced warning and I'm sure I could make some cookies and A cake. My living room makes an ideal theater because it also quite dark.
I also have the LotR Trivial Pursuit game. I have the music cd's. I have LotR blankets to cover your feet and legs with. So come to my house and get the 5-star Swabby treatment.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 03:57
. I have to warn you though, I can't tolerate very much talking during the movies, MT, it absolutely wrecks my concentration. If you just can't stop yourself from doing it, I could (reluctantly) let you hold the remote so you could pause it when the spirits took hold of your tongue.
Swabby

How thoughtful of you dear swabby to offer the remote for my use!! I promise I will not abuse the power and use it only when I cannot help myself.
Some phrases you may hear during "pause":
What a man!
Grunt, groan, arrghhh! ( with lots of sword slashing motions)
Get "em! (more sword slashing actions)
Tell "em, babe! You da man!
Run baby,run!!
I played with paper dolls too, but mine weren't anatomically correct. My friend Benji played with my Barbies when he came over to my house. I don't think he played with me because I was the only one to play with. He liked dressing Barbie and sketching her clothes. Not like your situation at all swabby!! :rolling:

I did the cowboys and Indians things too awelyn. We had the best guns in the neighborhood. My dad taught at a military prep school where they used "dummy guns" to march with in practice. Dad would bring the banged up ones home for us to play with. Must say that I was one tough cowgirl back in the day!!

Things are cooling a bit down here too Morwin. I was hoping to sneak a beach day in before I head back to school but the cool wind won't let me enjoy myself down there. May have to do some shopping instead.

Makes me feel good to hear that someone else asks their adult children to call when they reach home,Belle. Mothers" hearts don't rest till they know their sons/daughters are safe at home.

Where's Rose been lately? Missing you, gal. Hope you are well and just taking it easy for a bit.

Almost did a bit too much today. Must put my feet up and stretch out for some down time. Got to remember that slow and steady wins the race.
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 05:23
Hi Everyone,

I want to come to Swabby's movie party too! And I will play LOTR TRivial Pursuit!!!

The snow did not get here in time for me to have a snow day. I was pulling into the school parking lot as it started falling heavily...if only it had begun an hour sooner!

I'm glad MTMS you are doing so well. Do rest. I still find myself getting more tired than usual and for a teacher that is really tired!

Swabby, I saw V over the weekend with the DH and thought it was a very good movie. I wondered though if some of our less eloquent members of society caught much of the dialogue. I do wish some of our fearsome leaders would watch more movies and make less speeches...

STEPPING ON SOAPBOX HERE

Why is the President spending time and money "coming up with a plan" to deal with smallpox in case there is an attack/outbreak? Just checking this weird round thing that has been on my left arm for---oh, more than 40 years---it's---that's right---a smallpox Vaccine scar! Could someone wake up W and tell him we don't need scientists working round the clock combing through their vast knowledge to find the cure. It's done been found. Put a checkmark by that one, Prez and move on.

JUMPING OFF....er-one foot off

Anyone remember Swine flu? Everyone lined up and got inoculated....bird flu...seems like this time the government is spending more time wringing its hands and wailing and less time loading up those syringes.

I'm done now...

The daffodils are up and ready to open. Hopefully by next week this Spring snowstorm will be an old memory.

Sindy

SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 06:20
I am running to Swabby's house . I want the royal treatment. The recliner and a blanket. What a great host you are Swabby. :hug: MTMS, you might hear this from the rest of the group. Oh for pete sake she is drooling at Aragorn again. Somebody snap her out of it or we will never get to finish the movie. Quick give her her big stand up Aragorn. Oh scoot over here comes Scots and Belle and Brandywine and Mith and Sindy and Neenime and Calle. Did I miss anyone? If I did we will find room for you. Oh here is OTB and Goldberry. Maybe OTB will do a rendition of his OTB poems and Swabby and the other artist would display their drawings.

Hi Sindy, happy spring.

I am going to bed now and dream about our adventures at Swabby's.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 07:21
Hi everyone.

Move over awelyn, I need a seat. I will take an iced tea and a big bowl of popcorn, swabby. Hold that thought on the seat. I'll sit on the floor. Can I play the Trivial Pursuit game? I also love the music. I will need kleenex for the music. I can remember exactly when a piece of music corresponds with the movie. I agree with awelyn, swabby would make a great host. I also would love to hear OTB read some of his works. We could have our own festival weekend. :disco: :hug:

Well, I am taking the day off tomorrow. I am not doing nothing. With talk of the movies, I think I will take the day and watch them. I need a Frodo fix. Just like some other people need an Aragorn fix. :drool: :naughty: :blush:

Weatherwise, it's been great here in the north. The nights are a little cool, gets below freezing, but during the day it's about 36F. The snow we got a couple of weeks ago, is melting slow. Which is nice so that the sewers don't back up.

My girlfriend has friends from Melbourne, Australia visiting. I got to meet them a long time ago. They are quit nice. He has the accent and I love to hear him talk. I love accents on people. I have no idea why.

The calendar is going to be a Shire Calendar. It's going to be great. It will have the Hobbits trip on it. It will take place during the War of The Ring. I will let you all see it when I get it done.

Well, I should go and create.

namarié
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2006 08:24
Those of you who want take advantage of my hospitality just need to give me A couple of days notice so I can prepare. I will try hard to not disappoint anyone. We'll have our very own Lord of the Rings weekend, complete with games, frivolity and outrageous behavior!

You are exactly right about "Vendetta", Sindy. There was much in the film that would fly right over the heads of many people. I would not have known that it took place in an alternate reality in which Germany won WWII had I not read reviews of the film before I watched it. It would help to be somewhat familiar with Orwell's "1984", but in general, I think you just need to be fairly intelligent and "up" on what's been going on in the world. Right-wingers probably won't understand half of it, but if they do, they'll hate it. One of the reviews I read said something about how Rush Limbaugh (bloviating gas-bag) would not be amused by this movie.

As for the dim bulb at 1600 PA. Av, well, he's just an embarrassment. Swabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 12:03
Where's Rose been lately?

I got a message from Rose, and her computer is giving her fits. I'm sure she'll be back with bells on when it's all healthy again.

As for the dim bulb at 1600 PA. Av, well, he's just an embarrassment.

*Won't* comment on that!

Here it is, 4:00 a.m. or thereabouts, and I'm up. I tend towards insomnia like Dear Old Dad...especially when my mind gets moving. We had a meeting with the powers that be for the school district that will be gobbling us up. I didn't come away with warm fuzzy thoughts though. I don't know why, but I just feel uneasy. I guess that maybe it's the stress of change. I'm not good at that I guess. Maybe it's the feeling that I got from the head budgetary guru who intimated that we were an added "burden" on the school district. It's not like we asked for this! Then I've been filling out all the paperwork that they gave us, and that's no fun either. *sigh* I guess I'll go back to bed and see if I can get just a few more winks before the spousal unit's alarm goes off.

Take good care, all.
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 12:09
*peeps out from behind a rock in the Mines of Moria and wipes sweat and dirt from her face* Wow!! Another thread!!!

Hi, I have been extremely busy at work. I have missed you all and have some, well I think anyway, disconcerting news.

My comp is deceased, kicked the bucket, turned up it's toes, gone to the great computer land in the sky .... it is a dead computer, it has fallen off it's perch. :cry: :killcomp:

My son, however, is doing his utmost to revive it. I think I will call it Lazarus, if he does. Lol!! Anyhoo, I am creeping on all and any comps that I can, when they are available, but it is a bit difficult. *sigh*.

Glad to hear you did well in your surgery MT. :hug:

I'm glad that people have missed me. :love:

Manchester calling Narnia, Manchester calling Narnia!! Hi Scots. Wonderful pics, hope you are keeping warm.

:heart:[align=center][size=3]Huge hugs to everyone.[/size][/align]:heart:

ImageImageImage

[align=center][size=4]♪♪"Always look on the bright side of life...la la la la la la la la"♪♪[/size][/align]

Keep a space on the couch for me... :love: :hug: *Doing my best Arnie impression...*coughs and clears throat* 'Ay'll be bach'*
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 03:30
Yup, scooch over, I'm here for movie night. I brought Raspberry Tiramisu. it's light and tasty and we can pretend that it is a good way to get a serving of dairy and fruit into us!

The LOTR musical opens toniught in Toronto. It was delayed by a few weeks. I am so excited ! :disco: I wish I could be there! I hope the cast and crew are bubbling over with excitement and pride. it sounds like an awesome production.

awelyn so sorry about your shoulder hurting so badly. et: Do take it easy and I hope it heals well.

OK, off to work. Will check in later.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2006 07:38
Hi everyone

Swabby I wish I could just pop over to your house and watch the movies but the number 31 bus does not yet go to Arizona!

Neemie I like your style of healthy eating it reminds me of my own - Chocolate is made from beans, beans are a vegetable, we are always being told we should eat more vegetables therefore I should eat more chocolate.

Re ringing parents when you get home - I always do that with my mum when I have visited. I even ring her from the bus as well so she knows I am on my way - I wonder what she would say if I told her I would ring her when the bus got to Swabby's house!

Love and hugs

HT:heart:
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email