Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part VI
on: March 27, 2006 04:01
Does anyone know if they have a game based on the book?
Yes, there is, and I have played it but I don't own it so I'm afraid I can't tell you who the manufacturer is.

OTB, you are a celebrity Just don't let it go to your head.
You may purchase autographs for $20 US. Please send your check payable to "Old Tom Bombadil" in care of...

Oh, wait, I forgot. Don't let it go to my head...Okay, I'm better now.

I've had my picture posted at TORN a few times before, but this is the first time it's been on the front page.

And yes, Neenime, I think you're right. The ladies and men do appear more attractive in their Middle Earth finery.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 03:25
Oh, go ahead, Old_Tom let it go to your head for a bit. You seem like such a sweet fellow that a little bombast and attention won't do any permanent damage to your personality, I'm sure.
And if it doesn, Goldberry will no doubt give you a gentle nudge back to reality.

My walk was great, thanks, Awelyn. But my hip is aching this morning. Dang it! I don't want it to stop me. Took some Extra-Strength Tylenol and iced it. Have to do some research . Is bursitis a condition that requires pacing my activity or alternating with rest-days or should I push through it (like arthritis)? What would the library at Minas Tirith say about that? What say my fellow FoFers?
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 03:35
What a beautiful day. The sun is shining with a blue sky it is suppose to be almost 60. How I would love to stay home and start Spring cleaning my yard. That would be nice but duty calls and this is the time of the year all the Parents As Teachers educators are scrambling to get their quotas. My school district decides on the number of families I see in a school year. The number is 100 families 5 times a year. I have never reached my quota. I believe in the quality of the program not the quantity but the district sees differently so I scramble.

Yesterday at work I told my co-workers about buying the LOTR trivial pursuit game and she said who will you get to play with you. She thinks I am silly and to much into LOTR stuff anyway. I said my daughter said she would and her boyfriend and my son will on line or by phone and my friends at FOF will play the game with me. That shut her up. She is 33 and not very tolerant of others that she feels are wrong.

Neenime, I think that men and woman look better in ME dress too. Yesterday one of the lessons I teach parents is the value of pretend play. I brought dress up clothes and the little girls were wild about the activity. So even as adults we all have that need to be someone else.

OTB, I have been thinking about starting a group like yours or something similar here in my town. Do you have any ideas on how I could start one ? I read things that you do and MTMS does and instead of feeling sorry for myself I should do something to make things happen.

I just wanted to say how I appreciate the moderators her at COE .
They have difficult jobs and they do a wonderful job. So, thanks to the mods.

Yesterday was MTMS's first day back at work. I hope she did not overdo.

Well, time to go to work.:cry:

I'll drop by later I hope you all have a good day with sunshine and blue sky.:heart:
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 03:57
Neenime, bursitis can come from a variety of causes, one of which is overuse syndrome (like tendonitis). Without knowing the cause, it's hard to say what the best treatment is.

Here's a site that talks about hip bursitis, its causes and treatments: http://orthopedics.about.com/cs/hipsurgery/a/hipbursitis.htm

Rest, anti-inflammatories (like Motrin, Naprosyn or their generic equivalents), and ice are the major treatments mentioned.

Be careful about overdoing it because the fluid in the bursa can become infected and require antibiotics and possible draining. Bursa are sac-like structures filled with a lubricating fluid. Bursitis is an inflammation of this caused by a number of reasons.

Hope that helps. And hope you feel better.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:13
Oh Neenime I am sorry I did not read your post. I hope you feel better too. That was a great site. I went there it was very informative. I am glad you had a good walk.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:57
Oh, go ahead, Old_Tom let it go to your head for a bit. You seem like such a sweet fellow that a little bombast and attention won't do any permanent damage to your personality, I'm sure.
And if it doesn, Goldberry will no doubt give you a gentle nudge back to reality.
Thank you, that's a very high compliment. Not to worry, all I did was pose for a photograph so there's not too much that can go to my head. It's not like I'm being inundated with requests for interviews. Most people who see that picture probably think to themselves, "What a bunch of geeks!"

OTB, I have been thinking about starting a group like yours or something similar here in my town. Do you have any ideas on how I could start one ? I read things that you do and MTMS does and instead of feeling sorry for myself I should do something to make things happen.
That's a great attitude to take, awelyn. Unfortunately, I was invited to join that group after it had already been established so I'm afraid I can't tell you much from firsthand experience.

I do seem to recall hearing stories about the folks that started the Hobbit picnic they have each September. I believe many of them met at a line party or some such. (That's where a bunch of people gather to stand in line waiting to get into a movie.) Of course with LOTR no longer in the theatres that opportunity has probably passed.

Is bursitis a condition that requires pacing my activity or alternating with rest-days or should I push through it (like arthritis)? What would the library at Minas Tirith say about that? What say my fellow FoFers?
Icing after activity is highly suggested, and some things just require rest. I definitely wouldn't push through it. I'd listen to what your body is telling you.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 07:17
Must have been a great evening, Old Tom!

Neenime, after the acute phase of the bursitis is over, a preparation of shark cartilage and greenshell mussle might assist the healing, if it's available where you live. Someone recommended it to my husband when he had a repetitive stress injury in the base joint of his big toe, and at least in his case it did help.

I had a good time skiing last Sunday; the weather couldn't have been better. Unfortunately, this turned out to be the last time that I could use my old skiing shoes - got to buy new ones for next winter. For this year, the ski season is very much over (and it's about time).
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 01:22
Thanks for all the kind wishes for birthday happiness (ranger included)!! I had a fantastic weekend and am continuing to feel very special, thanks to you.
Love the poem, Swabby . Appreciate your noting my high intelligence and large brain.
You spotted a deal on the Monopoly game. I'd have snatched it up, as the lowest price I've found it at around here is $30.

Love the trivia questions, Sindy. I'd have gotten those right. Got any more so that I can either show off or feel stupid???

I like your attitude awelyn ! Make things happen, if you can. Sometimes keeping your eyes and ears open brings new adventures your way. Crossing my fingers and praying that your need will be met.
I've been feeling very tired at the end of the day, but am not as pooped today as yesterday. One of my fellow teachers "took" my class for a bit so that I could rest. She had a student teacher in her classroom. Aren't I blessed?

I agree that folks look happier and more noble in medieval attire. Goldberry does seem to glow with happiness, OTB. I'm sure that you are part of the reason, you celebrity.

I need to make a Minas Tirith cake of my own. If I had seen it before my birthday, I'd somehow have one sitting in my kitchen.

You are brave to ski, Morwin. I'm afraid that I'll get all tangled up and take a tumble instead of a slide down the hill. :rolling: Do you ski often? I guess God knew what he was doing when he put me on flat surfaces where it's very warm.

I'm in need of some medieval attire myself. Has anyone shopped on-line for such items and been pleased? Any info you may have would be most appreciated.

Hugs to my bestest friends: the fantastic FoF'ers. :hug:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:15
Hi everyone,

Yes, the lovely children were Eothain and Freda. Every time my DH watches now, he announces, "Oh, it's Eothain and Freda...let's feed them to the urukai!" (He's irreverant...makes fun of my favorite ranger too.)

A new question...hmmmm....a morbid one for our bookish folks. What did Gil-galad Ereinion (my favorite elf) pass on to his herald before being killed by Sauron? [i][/i]

Tom, what a handsome group, especially that Gondorian officer...hhhmmmm! We would all look better in Middle Earth duds! Perhaps we need a new Hallmark holiday! Middle Earth Day! We could wear our tunics and boots and carry our swords and bows. Or at least our elven brooches and earrings!!!!

Eight days til spring break............I'm taking my writing and the SIL to FL and plan on toasting myself and scribbling.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 04:29
Hi everyone.

I was not online for quite a while because I have been working long hours and had no engery left.

I loved the pictures, OTB. I saw them on TORN before coming here. They are great. Goldberry and you look wonderful in your costumes. Loved the cake. It was wonderful.

Sorry to hear about you bursitis, neenime.

Sindy: I believe it was Vilya, one of the Three Rings kept by the Elves.

Rose: Sorry to hear about your computer. I was like that, borrowing someone elses, for 1 1/2 years, until I got my own.

HAPPY NEW YEAR :disco: :cheers: I know I'm late but better late than never.

Well, one more day of work then off for 1 week. It will be nice. I can sleep in and do whatever I want. Don't have to get dressed for anyone.

Here's a question for LOTR: What were the Midegewater Marshes bugs called? Sam gave them a name.

Well, I will call it a night and talk to all of my FoF on the flip side.

namarié
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2006 05:24
They were officially called midges. That's where the Midgewater Marshes got its name. Sam called them "neekerbreekers" because that was the sound that they made.

ROFL, Balrog. Hmmmmm? I wonder where you got the idea for that particular question. Big hugs to you, my friend. :hug:

I've just spent the last two hours refining science assessments. I didn't like the way it was organized, so I cut/pasted/reworked the whole darned thing. My eyes are going crossed I think Of course, I did have two computers up and running...my laptop and my desktop. The reason for the desktop was because I had the second half of Fellowship of the Ring going while I was doing the assessments. I listened to it more than I watched it unfortunately. Someday I'll learn when to get a life and not spend so much of "my" time on school work. I haven't learned that in 27 years yet, but hope springs eternal.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 03:01
Balrog good question. Scots I am in awe at how quickly you knew. I am going to practice and practice and read and watch the movies. You all have the upper hand since I am really a newbie not yet a year old from even knowing Tolkien. But it will be fun to catch up

Scots ,you sound like a perfectionist when it comes to teaching. You are an excellent teacher and as with many teachers I think until you retire you will always bring your work home with you because that is your heart ,your love of teaching to you it is not just a job.

Balrog have a nice time off and have fun.

Sindy have a great Spring break. Great question.

MTMS,I am so glad you are doing so well. Thank you, I try to have a good attitude most of the time.

Where oh where is Swabby and Mith and Brandywine and Calle and Rose. Well Rose is computer less and I am sure it is driving her crazy.

Have a good day.
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 05:30
A new question...hmmmm....a morbid one for our bookish folks. What did Gil-galad Ereinion (my favorite elf) pass on to his herald before being killed by Sauron?[i][/i]
Gil-galad was an Elven-King.
Of him the harpers sadly sing:
the last whose realm was fair and free
between the Mountains and the Sea...

Prior to his death Gil-galad gave his Ring of Power, Vilya, to his herald, Elrond Half-elven. (I didn't have to look that one up, honest!)

Tom, what a handsome group, especially that Gondorian officer...hhhmmmm! We would all look better in Middle Earth duds! Perhaps we need a new Hallmark holiday! Middle Earth Day! We could wear our tunics and boots and carry our swords and bows. Or at least our elven brooches and earrings!!!!
I like your idea for a holiday, SE! I've given my wife a couple of LOTR necklaces in the past few years. She wears both of them regularly.

The Gondorian officer? Do you mean the one with the black tunic with the silver tree on it? She's supposed to be Pippin Took. (You'd have known that if you could see her feet. )

[Edited on 3/29/2006 by Old_Tom_Bombadil]
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 09:21
HI everyone.:wave: Whew - Internet was down this a.m. so I haven't been able to visit until just now (2 PM).

Thanks for all your good wishes re: my bursistis. Funny, I walked on Tuesday, also and it is fine since then. What helped? Maybe stretching at dance class MOnday night? Maybe the ice and anti-inflammatory on Monday. Thanks to Belle and Morwin for your suggestions. Will check these out. *** Pssst - I hope the application means topical applicatin and not ingestion, right? because it doesn't sound very appetizing at all! ***

Welcome back balrog . Don't wear yourself out at work! We need you to be part of our happy little gang here!

Yes, I wonder where our missing friends are. Probably up to something..........
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 09:30
Hi Awelyn & to all my FOF friends! :wave: Things are settling down a bit so should have more time to visit here. And hubby is back on a 72 hour work week.

A beautiful sunny day here in southern Michigan...Spring is definitely in the air. You can tell the grass is turning greener and soon the trees will be full of leaves again. Somehow this always reminds me of hope. Hope that the cold days are soon ending and warm weather is near.

MT, can relate to what you said about living where it is warm and flat. I think that is where my heart would be although these days I feel more like Gandalf wandering about.

Lovely pics, OTB. Thanks for sharing. And for reminding us of the Gondorian New Year. Checked all 3 of my Tolkien calendars and not one mentioned the holiday. Anyhow, you help bring us all closer to Middle Earth.

All these Trivia questions had me wanting to play the game. Last night after hubby went to bed I played a 4 player game by my lonesome. Saw the game when we were home a couple days ago and just had to bring it back, lol!

Watched Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King [i][/i] on SciFi the past two nights. Did anyone else see it? It supposedly inspired Tolkien to write LOTR. It was okay but I thought it would have been a bit better.

Where is our friend, Swabby? Hope he is not having computer problems. Miss his poetic humour! And Rose, may all your computer problems vanish. We miss you, too!

Take care, all. Laundry calls. Have a wonderful day/night and a good Spring Break to Sindy and other teachers here! :heart::love: :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 12:29
Mith,
I did see that program last night and I was disappointed with the ending. There were some really good parts though.

I talked with MTMS last night. She sent my grandkids some beads and cups. She is so sweet.

Neenime, I am so glad you are feeling better. You have a good night.
Have you seen the northern lights where you live?

Well, I have to go and fix supper. I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I can't wait to get my game and I am going to start watching my movies more.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 03:34
Know what you mean about taking work home scots. I just can't seem to get all of it done at school. Wouldn't it be nice if teachers were paid by the hour? I could have retired by now if that were so.

Hang in there till spring break sindy. Maybe you'll happen upon a ranger from the beach. He'd be dressed in "natural" colored cotton clothes, which may be a bit torn from long use. His body is tan and strong from walking the beach and swimming the seas. He can sail most any craft with skill and watches the sky to tell what the weather will be. He loves to catch, clean and cook seafood and is especially fond of eating with middle aged beach babes around a bonfire at night. (Now isn't that a lovely reverie?)

Enjoy your time off balrog. Treat yourself royally. You deserve it.

I would love it if you found yourself wandering down close to the coast, Mith. We could create our own kind of madness and mayhem. Perhaps we could drag awelyn with us so that we could play LOTR games.

Enjoyed chatting with you awelyn. You brightened my day and lifted my tired spirit. You are so kind and thoughtful. :hug:

APB out for swabby. Hope he's okay (his computer also).

Also missing HT, brandywine my birthday bud, Calle, and others. Come out, come out, wherever you are!!
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 07:10
Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! for all of the nice birthday wishes. I had a great birthday, mostly because I had the entire week before it off for Spring Break. WE started back to school on Monday the 27th and I was very happy to see my students. All my third graders were oin very good behaviour and still are though one little girl inthe front row looked like she was going to fall asleep on Monday and Tuesday. She seemed perkier today. You could hear her above all the other chatter in the rom.

I've been relaxing and reading some of the superb books I got from my friend Shirleing. I have the good fortune of living a block or so away from and working with that fine woman everyday. She's a very special lady. Her birthday is on April 1 and believe me it is a day that suits her to a T. She's our local leprechaun and resident Hobbit.

Now that school is back in session we are really preparing for the final round of state mandated testing. Got to make sure they can all read fast and spell well, that they know addition, subtraction, multiplication and symmetry along with measurements of all sorts: linear, solid, liquid, etc.
We are really gearing up. Teaching gets intense and we only have until May 5th to cram the biggest, best test score prep every into them. It can be nerve racking.

However, we culminate the whole mess with a wonderful celebration called Cinco de Mayo, a big deal in our neck of the woods, and will be celebrating that most of the day with fun, games, food and prizes. So lots of things coming up.
Hope to catch up with all of you again soon.

God Bless, Good Health and many hugs to all of my FoF friends.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2006 10:34
Hi everyone.

I am officially on holidays as of now. :disco: :cheers:

Nice to see everyone here. Although we seem to be missing a few. Maybe we should put out an APB out on them. Hope their faces don't turn up on milk cartons.:love: :hug:

I am not going to answer the phone or get out of my jammies. Maybe to change them or take a shower but that's as far as I'm going. I might just do some reading, movies, and of course I will be talking to you all online.

Well, it's late and I should be in bed. I will sleep in tomorrow and the day after that and so on.

Talk to you later.

namarié
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 01:57
Hey! There'll be no milk cartons for this mug! Don't you know little kids like to drink that stuff? It'd curdle their inerds. Besides, can't A fella go off chasing butterflies when he wants to? I saw A bright blue one and started following it---- the next thing I knew, I was in South America! I thought I'd never find A North-bound flying possum to follow back to Arkansas. Swabby
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 02:40
Brandywine: Good luck on all those state tests. I know yours are a bit different than ours beings that the teachers developed the tests, piloted them, make the scoring rubrics, and all that nonsense...but it all comes down to the same thing. Crazy days in April and May!

Swabby: Welcome back from South America. The farthest south that I've been is Honduras. We went scuba diving when I was a freshman in college oh, so many years ago. I would like to get to Brazil sometime and see my high school foreign exchange student someday. Someday....

*Fascinating* thing happened yesterday. I got a call about noon from my boss, and she told me that they wanted a Class One teacher to help filming a commercial for our govenor's primary race. She volunteered me. Well, voluntold is more like it. So yesterday after school we drove...and drove...and drove to where they were filming it, and I had my 2.5 seconds of fame. It was a surreal experience let me tell you! The head film guy was SO a Hollywood-type director that I had a hard time to keep from cracking up. PUH---LEEZE! The whole thing was just so silly! I found it highly amusing and kind of long to tell you the truth. I kept thinking of Elijah Woods and all the filming and takes that PJ made. I know how they felt. They had me leaning over a table like I was teaching these kids and I had to keep that position for longer than this 40++++ body is used to. My knees and back were sore afterwards. Oh, well. Chalk that up to one experience in life that I hadn't done before.

Old_Tom: I thought of you yesterday as we were driving to the commercial site. You know that I laugh at the license plates here on the PoG...especially when I see a plate that begins with POG...well, I saw one yesterday that started with OTB! I thought of you and had a chuckle on your behalf. The spousal unit and my boss didn't understand what I found so amusing.

I am SO easily amused.

Balrog: Have a great holiday! Do nothing for me!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 03:24
Scots an easily amused could well be a sign of flexibility and good-nature. I say enjoy it! Hubby and I are like that, much to the embarassment of our young adult sons. Heheheh!

Swabby welcome back! Did you run into any geese heading back to Northern Canada? We eagerly await their rturn. The snow is melting fast. I can see most of my my stone circle again and the dog and I go for a "slosh" rather than a walk after work.

Awelyn we often see the Northern Lights here. They are fabulous. I see them more in winter when the sky is dark longer and very clear, but I have sometimes seen spectacular displays on a summer's night.

Aching and aging bodies . I was talking to a physiotherapist yesterday and we were bemoaning our respective creaks and groans. Even she, who knows better, doesn't do the stretches and other exercises needed to keep herself in better shape. We tend to ignore our bodies until they nudge us (or slap us up-side the head) with pain. So, it was with new resolve that I hauled myself out of bed this a.m. and did some stretches. Now, to keep it up............
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 03:28
Scots you go girl! What an experience and such fun except for the soreness. I hope you get your wish and you get to Brazil someday.

Hi Swabby we missed you I am glad you found your North bound possum to follow home. Chase a few butterflies for me.

Hi,Balrog all right you are on vacation. have an absolutely grand time. I guess some rest and relaxation will make you a new woman.

Hi Brandywine, I do not have as hectic a time in April and May as classroom teachers but my job becomes more demanding so I can sympathize with all the class room teachers here at FOF. So, I keep thinking of my break coming up and chanting to my self summer,summer.

Have a good day or /night . Hugs
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 05:52
Neenime, good to hear that you're already feeling better. What you and the physiotherapist talked about ignoring our bodies until they give a clear sign that we should do something sounded quite familiar - I do exercise, but definitely don't stretch enough! Today, I tried a yoga lesson; that would definitely do good if one would practice it on a regular basis!

MTMS, I'm not at all brave on skis - I only do cross-country, I've honestly never understood the attraction of downhill skiing. Besides, I believe that cross-country is actually a much more efficient form of exercise!

Balrog, have a nice holiday!

How the time flies - it's weekend soon again!
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 08:12
Neenime I did not see your post when I posted. I am envious I have often wished to see the Northern Lights. I am sure that they are beautiful.
I went to my doctor this morning. I don't have to do but this last physical therapy session today and then I am finished with it. But my doctor said I should continue at home and still ice my shoulder blade. She was impressed with my improvement. Maybe Yoga would be good. She also wants me to drink a glass of red wine a day for my cholesterol. It is high and my good cholesterol is low. More exercise and a fat free diet. I lost 3 lbs. I know it is not a big deal but it is a start.
Bye Ya'll :wave:
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 08:24
Hi everyone

As usual I have been reading but not posting.

Neemie Hope your aches and pains go away soon.

Balrog enjoy your holiday you deserve it.

Belated Birthday wishes to those I have missed. I am taking next week off work Yay! but not going anywhere just chilling out. I will probably have to get out of my jammies though since shopping is favorite pastime of mine.

I think I have lost my round tooits again! (no surprise) perhaps I will find one next week.

Love to you all

HT:heart:
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 04:09
Hi!

Old Tom, I do beg pardon! I must have been extremely tired to view the young lady as a lad. Mea culpa!

Awelyn, a glass of wine? My doc just wrote a script for Vytorin.

Scots, I giggle a lot to myself. I think it comes from being a teacher and thinking A LOT of things you can't say out loud.

A beach ranger.....I will definitely be looking for him.

Sindy
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 04:42
I think that you are brave to put skis on Morwin. I could manage to take a tumble moving forward slightly on flat terrain . I've heard that cross country sking is one of the best types of exercise. Guess I'll have to hit the gym or the pool.

How was South America swabby? Anything interesting going on down there? I'm getting the wanderlust again, or maybe just spring fever. Beware, any one of you could hear a knock on your door from a curly-headed shieldmaiden.

Let's start the chants scots, brandywine, awelyn and sindy: Summer, summer, summer; no more pencils, no more books, no more principal's dirty looks; to the bus drivers-get your motor runnin'. Head out on the highway. Looking for adventure and whatever comes our way. Please now, won't you make it happen. Take all the students far away. Well, we used to be mild, but now we're born,born to be wild!!! (excuse moment of insanity)

Enjoy chillin, HT. Shop till you drop and whatever else bangs your gong.

I'll be thinking of you balrog, as I arise early in the morning and rush off to work. Soak up the solitude and focus on pleasing yourself. It's all about you.

MT
awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 30, 2006 06:07
Sindy, I thought it was a guy too. I bet the woman with silver hair is her mother though.

Now my doctor and therapist are fighting the therapist still thinks I need at least a week of therapy. I am doing a program at home with a tennis ball and a big rubber band.

MTMS, I am ready let's go.

HT , have some rest and relaxation.

My therapists told me about pomegranate juice that helps like the red wine but I could not find it. I got the red wine instead.

Good night FOF friends, I am so glad it is Friday.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 02:25
Funny that it was mentioned, but my butterfly chasing did take me all the way to the beaches of Brazil, where I'm sure I spotted at least three "beach rangers" amongst the thousands of rather Salma Hayek-looking Ipanema girls. Being A student of the human form, I was compelled to fire up the ol' Swabby-radar and give each and every one of them A thorough going over from fantail to boob-deck. I mean poop-deck. Heck, that didn't sound right either. It was A grueling ordeal and dang near did me in, I tell ya. I had A rod knocking sound in my chest and my eyeballs just would not stay in their sockets. I found myself wishing I'd worn something other than Spongebob boxer shorts, as there was way too much Swabby on display, if ya know what I mean. Maybe one of those Gonorrhean general's robes would have been nice. As it was, I had to get really drunk in order to quit caring about my ridiculous appearance.
The more I think about it, the more I believe that may have just been A giant buzzard, not A flying possum, that scooped me up and then dropped me over Arkansas. It did smell like A possum, or at least it's breath did. Perhaps it had just been eating possums. Y'all do believe me, don't you? Swabby
Old_Tom_Bombadil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 04:46
Sindy, I thought it was a guy too. I bet the woman with silver hair is her mother though.
Nope! The woman with the silver hair is not nearly old enough to be "Pippin"'s mother.

Besides, can't A fella go off chasing butterflies when he wants to? I saw A bright blue one and started following it---- the next thing I knew, I was in South America!
A fellow butterfly fancier, eh? I've been known to chase a thing or two in my time as well. I usually wait 'til the weather is a bit more kind, though.

Old Tom in summertime walked about the meadows
gathering the buttercups, running after shadows
tickling the bumblebees that buzzed among the flowers,
sitting by the waterside for hours upon hours...

Under the forest-eaves he sat a while a-listening;
on the boughs piping were chirruping and whistling,
Butterflies about his head went quivering and winking,
until grey clouds came up, as the sun was sinking.

Grey, overcast skies are still predominating here in Northern California. Occasionally they'll drop a little rain to remind us that they're about. Don't they know that we're on the brink of baseball season? The Oakland A's host the New York Yankees on Monday night.

Old Tom has suffered a relapse of that awful bronchitis. I started coughing again Monday while at work and it has yet to stop. At least I felt well last weekend for the New Year feast.

I hope you all have a pleasant weekend! :wave:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 06:36
Hi everyone and happy Friday!! Getting settled in here and trying to get motivated, rather like I needed something to give me energy. Then I read about BEACH RANGERS and voila...perked me right up!! What an awesome thought...a ranger tanning on the beach. I prefer to think of him on a rather secluded beach. Of course he would not be wearing one of those silly thongs, lol! Perhaps he would have changed into shorts as the kilt may expose a bit too much to the sun. :naughty: But keep in mind there may be a few shield maidens blocking his sun. Think I may have spotted a gal juggling bananas on the beach as well.

I'm driving home tomorrow to pick up a few more things then driving to visit my friend in Cleveland for the night. Will be fun as we are sure to play video games, talk endlessly and laugh lots. Good medicine for sure! Anyhow, will be back sometime Sunday afternoon.

Swabby you were talking about flying things. I used to be very gullible and years ago when we were in the southwest hubby told me there were flying Armadillos. I almost believed him and have never lived that one down, lol. He can be very convincing. Your story reminded me of that time.

Take care all and have a great weekend. See ya on the beach, MT, lol. (I wish!!) :heart::love: :hug:

awelyn418
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 07:48
Well, OTB are they related? They look so much alike. I am sorry that you are sick again. I hope you feel better soon.

Swabby my mom tried to get me to eat possum before and I said never and never is what I meant. :nono: My mom would eat raccoon and squirrel and rabbit and venison and bear but not me. I use to tell her I would not ride with her because I was afraid she would see roadkill and stop and get it and try to cook it for supper.

Mith, have a great time and drive carefully.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 08:04
Awelyn, I remember one night that me and some other drunken teenagers had A nice fried rabbit for supper that had foolishly stuck it's head under our wheels. Yummy.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 31, 2006 12:51
Had some spare time so on again today.

Thanks for the kind wishes, Awelyn. Would gladly pick you up and take you along if only we were closer!

Hope you are soon feeling better OTB!

I can remember eating venison, rabbit and pheasant growing up. Pheasant was the best out of all of them and none were road kill...Dad was an avid hunter. These days I try to eat less meat and prefer not to see the preparations, not raw and wiggling either, lol!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email