<< First1011121314Last >>
Author Topic:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part IX
on: November 19, 2006 05:47
Okay, I will try this again.
Happy Thanksgiving to you to Randi. I am glad you found us .God's blessings on you. Did you finish with the deer skins?

Sindy, bless your heart I bet you were exhausted. I hope you feel rested now.You have a great Thanksgiving too.

MTMS, you think I am a light in dark places huh. That is a big bill to fill. I really hope I comfort people sometimes in sad situations I freeze and I don't know what to say. Have a great Thanksgiving.

HT you are a good writer.I am looking for OTB, I am worried about him now.

Swabby you have posted twice since I posted so I will try and combine an answer. Thank you for the kind words and I hope that I can be a comfort to people. I loved the song. You are a sweetheart. Happy Thanksgiving. Are you fixing the feast and if so are you fixing something special?

Happy Thanksgiving Cat, I hope you have a time of rest and relaxation amidst your work.

Rose did you and Calle have a good time together? I hope you had fun.
cirdaneth you had me laughing about the belly dancers.lol

Morwin did you put up the lights for the holidays or just for added light for the darker months?

Scots I bet you are walking around lighter since the weight of stress fell off your shoulder. Way to go.

Balrog, I am glad your roomie is coming home. I know you have missed her. I hope she will be all better soon.

Mith, the cookie walk sounded fun. Did you find something for your daughter?

Rose how is our roving dragon? Congratulations on getting photo of the month with your realm. I looked at it and it was very nice.

Neenime, I hope you and Jess had a good time this weekend. You are so lucky.

To everyone else hello and if you live in the states Happy Thanksgiving.
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2006 07:06
Have been catching up on the posts in between other things. Will never look at a turkey the same now, MT. An added joy to the Thanksgiving feast for sure. In fact I'm already contemplating moves with a turkey leg while humming Swabby's tune. Hubby invited a couple guys he works with for dinner, perhaps I can persuade one of them to duel but certainly don't want to scare them away by singing, lol! Love hearing about the Ren Faires, they sure do sound like loads of fun.

Got our cookies & candy at the Cookie Walk yesterday morning. Did it more for a donation as I usually make lots around the holidays. The arts and crafts section did not have anything I was looking for. We also went looking for a hockey jersey for grandson's upcoming birthday. Could not find the one he wants so looks like it will have to be ordered on-line.

Enjoyed the Thanksgiving songs at church. Brings back lots of memories from childhood. Like an old familiar friend they seem.

Legolas giving Aragorn a bath, HT? Let him know there are shield maidens who would eagerly rush to his side to aid him in this task. Now that brings some additional thoughts to mind like oops, slipped on the soap...don't know how I ended up in the tub. Seriously, though, I love your stories and how you let the story take you as you write.

Awelyn, I have lost posts before. The laptop seems to do strange things if I pause while typing and I've lost posts that way. I usually copy the text every so often as I type the post, especially if it is a lengthy one. That way if it disappears, I can simply paste and finish from there.

I'm not a huge sports fan, but was happy to see Ohio State win, Sindy. Must have been an exciting game to attend. That is good they didn't have the problems afterward that sometimes have occurred.

Hope you all have a great week! :heart::love: :hug:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 19, 2006 09:20
It has been about a week since I visited this thread. It's been very hectic but pleasant. I tried catching up on everyone but I could see that so much has happened that I will never be able to comment on all of it. So I'll just let you know what we are up to here.
Our 20 year old daughter moved into a house with two other friends. She is really excited for us to see it. I will be taking a last load of things out to her after work on Tuesday.
Our oldest has been home visiting from his job. He works about 3-4 weeks and then gets a week off.
The youngest continues on as usual, working and seeing his girlfriend. He is trying to help her get through high school and encourage her to be more active in the pursuit of the diploma. He's been there and done that. He remembers how much we had to push him in those final hours. He's so cute with her, he calls her to make sure she got her homework done and he found a math tutor for her. He's going to make a great, considerate husband one of these days. He's 19 1/2.
Our crops are all in-finally and my husband has been able to breathe a sigh of relief. The last field of beets gave us a run for it with breakdowns and bad fall weather. He was beginning to wonder if he'd ever finish.
I have only two days of school this week. Tomorrow we take the kids to see Happy Feet at the theater. It's a reward for making their reading goals. We really push making the goals. Then we teach all day Tuesday and have Weds-Sun off. Yeah!
Well I better go. It is late and I want to get back to bed.
May the blessings of the season rest with you and yours. Happy Thanksgiving to all.
Brandywine
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 03:58
First off- my apologies and belated Thanksgivig greetings to all my American friends I got so wrapped up in my own stuff that i completely forgot. I hope you all had a lovely time feasting with family and friends.

Swabby – fascinating correspondences with JFK, Lincoln etc. One wonders whether there is a pattern at work, or it is jut the human need to find patter, the way we complete the ambiguous shapes of inkblots and clouds.

Balrog. How nice of you to sit your friend’s children on your day off. You’re so generous. Glad your roomie has some medical support. Maybe you can rest a bit easier now.

Cat - dreams that keep recurring are often considered an important message that just keeps coming your way, until you pay attention. It’s like a call “on hold” that keeps beeping. If you’d like some suggestions about how to work with a dream, just PM me. I do dream workshops and use them in counselling. There’s a simple method you can try that may open up the meaning for you.

cirdaneth – what a funny image!

........ bending over backwards with her head between her heels. Looked like the last chicken in Safeway ... the one nobody will buy. Poor lass

Had a great weekend. Twenty women came to the dream workshop on Friday. All very interested and I may do a group in January.

Had a gas playing LOTR trivial pursuit! :rolling: More laughter than serious play. Just what I needed after a challenging week.

Weather was great yesterday –sunny and warm for November (only abut 3 degrees below freezing). Went on a great photo hike with hubby and one of his photog buddies. Saw deer, water, sky, rock and tree. Just what I needed to recharge my soul’s batteries.

Happy Monday, all. :hug:

“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 05:02
My tendency is too neither deny nor embrace that which is unexplainable, Neenime, but the assassinations of Lincoln and Kennedy make a very good case for belief in other-worldly powers. There is too much there for it to have been coincidence, methinks. Also, it's not yet turkey day (that'll be Thursday) but thanks for the well-wishes anyway.

Your words concerning the bellydancer were very discriptive, Cirdaneth. Pale and boney instead of dark and well-padded. I'm sure I would have enjoyed her performance anyhow, just as long as she had enough bumps and bulges in the right places to identify her gender as female.

I'm glad you liked my little song about slaying orcs with a turkey leg, Mith. When I read MT's post and visualized her swinging a turkey leg about, I automatically thought about Sampson slaying hundreds with the jawbone of an ass, and then I remembered that old Peter, Paul and Mary song. I wouldn't expect anyone to know the tune, however, unless you're an old Pizza, Pooh and Magpie fan like me. I recommend that you hear the tune for full effect.

I'm glad you finally got your post in, Awelyn. I've lost a few of them myself, which causes me to curse the internet gods and mimic Inspector Clousseau by saying "The man who invented the internet is an idiot!"

My mother was about as "countrified" as they come, Randi, but even she left deer and hog skinnin' to the menfolk. For what it's worth, Mrs Swabby didn't even want to eat the fish I caught because they didn't come from a market and she'd seen how they looked before I cleaned them. Now that's "citified" in the extreme.

Have a great Monday! Swabby

Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 06:05
So, you had the Thanksgiving weekend in the States? In that case, I'm utterly late, but Happy Thanksgiving, anyway! :cheers:

OTB posted recently on a smaller forum that he visits, so he's probably quite all right - just hopping and singing in another part of the forest at the moment.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 07:40
Morwin and Neenime you did not miss the USA's Thanksgiving it is Thursday the 23rd.

Brandywine I bet that is a relief to have all your crops in and now you get a long break this week. Have a great day. What a sweet son! I wish my daughter could find someone.

Swabby,my that is citified but I have known people who were fine drinking milk from a jug but would not drink the milk that they saw milked from a cow. Do you remember milk in glass bottles? It would have been better for the environment if we still had those.

Mith I love that Thanksgiving song We Gather To Gather and Bless This House.. I love shopping online. I plan on doing most of my Christmas shopping that way. Have a good day.

Have a great Monday FOFers.

[Edited on 20/11/2006 by awelyn418]
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 08:24
Happy thanksgiving to all my friends over the pond. I hope you all enjoy and can be with the people you love most. My Mum is 86 tomorrow so I am going over and taking her some things.

I understand the thanksgiving tradition is to say what you are thankful for so here goes.

I am thankful my mum is still here and OK.
I am grateful for all the friends I have made here and to Tolkien and PJ for giving me such an all consuming interest.
I am happy to be living in one of the best cities in the world!

I could go on but it would take forever.

Love and Hugs to you all.

HT:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 10:15
Great to hear that you are secure, Scots.

I've read all the posts, but haven't the energy to comment on all. I'll just give you all a hug.

I've been sawing, nailing, gluing, putting curtain rails up, washing walls and ceilings and laying vinyl in the Bathroom. And to top it all, I was letting down my ceiling clothes rack and the damned rope slipped through my fingers. I got whacked just under my eye with one of the slats. You can imagine that the air was blue. Thankfully it didn't go in my eye, but the skin underneath is grazed and @#!!?##! sore!

It was lovely to meet calle ... and she looks like an elf. She had pointy ears. The day was good, got to see a lot of stars, mostly old TV stars but some movie ones too. Craig was lovely. On the Sunday, we listened to Craig, Miranda and Mark Ferguson giving a talk. Craig and Mark are hilarious, a real comedy duo. Miranda was delightful. A tiny slim lady. I treated myself to Craig's signature. He has the bluest eyes and it a lovely, warm and friendly person. I was a girly fan for 10 minutes. Lol!!

Well, I'm going tor rest my eye, and myself. Take care and hugs to those I missed mentioning.

:wave:
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 03:17
Your light shines brightly, awelyn. That's just your nature, and we benefit greatly.

We are blessed to have you here with us, randi. :hug:

Hurray for two-day school weeks, brandywine and sindy. Any special plans for all that free time???

I know you could take on those guys from hubby's work, mith. You are a shieldmaiden. Keep a turkey leg at hand in case someone helps himself to too much pumpkin pie or no one helps with the dishes!

Dream workshop sounds very interesting, neenime. Wish I could've taken part.

Can't decide if I'm "countrified" or "citified", swabby. Maybe I'm "rangerfied".:heart::love:

A big hug for your mom on her birthday, HT. :hug:
I have alot to be thankful for as well. One of the things I am most thankful for is knowing you and all the fabulous folk here at FoF. You all truly make my life better !!:heart:

OUCH! A dragon with a black eye must be the topic of conversation, rose. Bet you could conjure up a very interesting story. If you need help, there's HT, swabby, sindy, balrog and others who could help you out if need be.

Having our "pow wow" at school tomorrow, with the children dressing in their hand-painted Native American Indian designed t-shirts. We'll be eating some traditional Thanksgiving foods and playing games outside. Supposed to be COLD tomorrow, something we southerners aren't used to. Native Americans in jackets and headdresses will make interesting pictures.

MT
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 04:51
suilad, (Hello) everyone,
Just a quick note for now...will try to write more tomorrow when it isn't so cold...for now..I am so cold that my back is having spasms in it..so am headed for that warm bed..with the electric blanket! :hug: for everyone..
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 05:10
Hi everyone.

Roomie came home today. She doesn't sound good. She mumbles when she talks and she doesn't make any sense. Something tells me she should have stayed in hospital. Her legs are even swollen. I wouldl like to talk to her doctor but I know that won't happen. He's a ditz.

Anyway, my weekend was great. Watched a few movies and seen the Grey Cup. My team won. :disco: :cheers:

Rose: I had a friend years ago fall out of bed and get a black eye. You can do the stupidest things to get black eyes.

I know here in Canada we celebrated our Thanksgiving already but I am thankful of the friends I made here at CoE. Especially her on FoF.

With that said I hope everyone has a great week.

Namárië
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 20, 2006 07:50
Happy Thanksgiving Day! :hug:

A vision of roast turkey next to baked ham being served
to many greatfull guests...

I have only one class tomorrow then I'm off from school til monday.
I do have a paper to write in the mean time but it looks to be interesting
if not fun.

No Nightwatch on Thanksgiving so I will have a quiet day with Silverleaf.
I will sleep in and then do light housework while listening to classical music.

I am thankfull for Friends, Family, and the Earth I live on...
And for all those Elves I run into in my dreams. :blush:
Hmmm, do I thank Tolkien or PJ for those Elves? Maybe both?
And all the actors who stared in LoTR.! Oh and the production staff
and artists too... and everyone who made it real!

Oh Balrog sorry to hear that Roomie is so sick...
Will keep her in my prayers.

Ow Rose I just know that slat hurt! You have Craigs sig? How neat!
I'd probably be too shy to ask for one...:blush:

Swabby I don't think I am either citified or contrified...
I think maybe I am sylvafied...
'cause I keep finding leaves in my bed after I dream of Elves. Lol

Thanks Neenimie. I may just take you up on a review of those
dream cycles I seem to walk into at night.

Bye for now will post after class... :hug: :love:
Two Days til :cheers: Turkey Day!!!
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 03:30
Plans for a 5 day weekend Rest, read, scrapbook, eat Thanksgiving dinner, decorate for Christmas,work on cub scout projects. I plan to have lots of fun doing any or all of the above. Oh I almost forgot, shop, shop, shop. I love to shop and it's about time I got started on Christmas.

We had a teacher resign, for health reasons, so I am going to help the new teacher get all set up in her classroom too.She's a lovely person and has been on our staff inanother position for a few years. She's such a great fit for our school and I'm sure the kids will be well taught.

Life is busy, just the way I like it.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. For you and for life in general with all the people in it I rejoice and am thankful.
Brandy
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 03:34
So, like the Wizard, I am not late, with my Thanksgiving greetings, that is. Silly me. I got ahead of myself!

Oh, I slept so well last night. Had a good dance class and really let myself express more fully with the moves. That always seems to process and move out of my body any stress that I might be feeling. OF course, a 3-day weekend also helped!

Number One son attended hus friend's funeral yesterday and the post-service gathering. He has typically avoided those things - not comfortable with such strong emotion. This time, he dived right in and was grateful for the opportunity to mourn and cry and make meaningful connections with so many people.

Ah yes, a watershed experience in his life, I think. He now "gets" the importance of emotional release and facing the dark side of life directly. He likes to talk about it and his band plays music about it, but facing it in person is quite another thing. I feel for him and am glad for him at the same time.

Balrog Glad your team won. Not good news about roomie. Is she taking her meds properly? If she's a bit out of it, she may be making mistakes.

Cat how nice that you get some time off. You certainly have earned it -Woman of Compassion and Imagination. Hmm - must look those terms up in a Sindarin dictionary and christen you with a cool new name . puts it on her list of things to do
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 05:01
I found a poem I had written awhile back about the changing seasons and thought I'd share it with all of you.

Changes
Tis hard to see the season end
When gray was gone and green began.

But with faith to see us through,
We once again with hope renew,
That spring will come again.

That's it. Just a little ditty that came to me as I was driving one day about two years ago.
Have a great day!
Brandywine
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 05:06
Rose cuss a blue streak? Never!

Not even if a hammer swung
should go astray and strike her thumb
or cannon ball with heavy roll
should flatten her poor naked toe
Nay, we shall hear no curse or whine
from lovely Rose with manners sublime.

Something certainly doesn't sound right about your roomy, balrog. I had a very weak voice after my surgery, but I was fairly clear-headed. Neenime may be right about her medications.

Mith, I want you to keep an eye on MT and make sure no one hands her a rack of ribs or leg of lamb----the carnage might be too great. And I don't want to hear any more stories of you flinging cookies at Grima's neck, either. He had a bruise that lasted for days and I had to have his mother come over and kiss it and make it better. For shame.

Vicarcat, I must say you've confused me. I don't have a clue what "sylvafied" might mean, but if you're waking up with leaves in your bed, I can only conclude that you've been getting some nocturnal visitations from Treebeard. The next question is, "Who is he coming to cuddle with, you or Silverleaf"? Let's see, cats like to climb in trees, but silverleafs grow on trees. Hmmm, I can't figure it out. I think I would tell a little fib and tell Treebeard that I saw an Entwife over at the park just so he'd stay out of my bed at night. Who knows, he might just find an Entwife if he'd quit hanging out with people so much and hang out in the forest more.

My two oldest sons are supposed to come up from Texas for Thanksgiving, so I'll have all three sons with me. No grandaughter, though. I guess I can't have everything.

Happy Tuesday, all you terrific gals! Swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 06:35
Thanks for your poem, swabby. :love: Believe me, this dragon can cuss! I reckon I could even make a sailor blush. Lol!!

Sorry to hear about your roomie, balrog. I will keep her in my prayers, also.

Lovely poem, brandy.

Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving.

Cat: I was a little shy too, but Magoleth was with me and started the conversation with him. After the 10 mins or so, I was fine and even got a peck on the cheek. :love:

Here is Craig and me. *be still my heart*

Me and my Elf

Well, me and my black eye are off to visit my daughter.

Take care everyone. :love:

:hug: :heart:

Rosie xxx
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 07:13
Good that I wasn't late with my Happy Thanksgiving wishes.

Balrog, it's good that you are there to keep an eye on your roomie. Hope she gets better soon.

Rose, sounds that the convention was great! Craig Parker looks much better as himself than as Haldir - in my opinion, with that character, the makeup department wasn't quite successful.

Neenime, I'm glad that your son learned to understand the importance of emotional release. There are all too many men who believe that, for a man, crying is a sign of weakness.

Brandy, that was a nice poem!

As well as swabby's poetry...

Hope everybody has a good Tuesday! :hug:
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 07:54
No worries, Morwin, Thanksgiving Day is on Thursday the 23rd. We just start our preparations early in anticipation of the holiday.

Oh Rose, what a treat to meet Craig up close and in person. He looks so sweet as well as handsome. Loved the photos.

No worries for the moment about flying cookies, Swabby. The hobbit here devoured them. Had a theory about why Grima's mother paid you a visit. She was lonely and could not find OTB then got wind of a handsome sailor who was planning a great Thanksgiving feast. The rest is history. But I would not be surprised if Grima's sister or his other female relatives appeared on your doorstep. Better keep a turkey leg handy just in case.

Rangerfied, yes I think that is a perfect shield-maiden attribute, MT. The pow wow sounds like a cute idea. Don't suppose you will be permitted to do any turkey leg fight demonstrations. Seriously, it sounds like a fun part of teaching.

Are you cooking Thanksgiving dinner, Awelyn? It is a lot of work and wondering how you have been feeling. It is great how we pass on these traditions. My daughter is also isolated from family but still cooks a feast for their small family.

Hubby is ecstatic as he will have three days in a row off work. I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving. Lots of cooking but I enjoy making it special and keeping with the traditions. And I'm happy to be in the kitchen while the football games are on anyhow, lol!

I, too am so thankful for all of you. I read each and every post and treasure each and every one of you. We do indeed, have much for which to be thankful. Happy Tuesday and may you all have a blessed Thanksgiving! :heart: :hug: :hug:
jessamyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 10:00
Just a quick post. Have been too busy catching up on all the goings on.

Happy Thanksgiving to all you people South of the Border!! May you all have heaps of turkey and goodies and no turkeys that look like belly dancers. Better watch out for a certain ranger though. Armed with a turkey leg she could be a pretty dangerous female in a fight for the cranberry sauce.

Rosie: Love the picture of the dragon. Would definitely not mind having Craigs arm around me. You lucky women, you! :blush:

Had a really great time at our Ringmoot on Saturday. Lots of good company, good laughs, wonderful food and a great couple of games of LOTR Trivial Pursuit. Lost woefully, definitely need to brush up on stuff.

Brandywine: Your poetry was very lovely. I liked it a lot. The weather here is very spring like right now. Definitely not seasonal, almost took to wearing a t shirt this morning. Bit scary in a way. By now its usually freezing and we have lots of snow. But, I like it. Spring is one of my favourite seasons, means summers on the way!! :love:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 11:16
My, oh my, oh my! Make it stop! I thik we're having a run on stressed out sudents today. I lost count at seven, in addition to my regular appointments. :twitch: Good thing I have tonight off.

Nice poem, Brandy . Isn't it cool what our brain comes up with when we're not looking?

Morwin , you are so right about the problerm with men and emotions. The poor dears have been brainwashed into thinking it's not OK to be mere mortals, so they keep it all in and then get ill with various and sundry diseases.

Have any of your read Candace Pert's The Molecules of Emotion or Our Body is Our Sub-consioucs Mind? She's a bio-chemist who shows how the mind and body are one, therefore emotional distress directly affects our physical well-being.

Rose that image of a cussing dragon is making me chuckle, though I am very sorry that you were hurt. Better to get it out of your system than to keep it in (see above comments). Love the graphic, BTW. Nice photo with Craig. He seems a sweet young thing.
callë
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 11:23
Hiya guys! whoa! i have been so busy, but I did get to Manchester Saturday and I did get to meet Rose and Magoleth. It was really great to meet them. I felt like I have known Rose for a while now and she indeed is every bit as friendly and precious as she seems on here.
I also got the chance to meet Craig and have my photo with him. He was nice enough to pose with me and my daughter as well and have one of his helpers take the photo. He is sooo sweet and friendly and talkative. I had quite the school girl moment and felt like I was walking on a cloud for quite a time after. He is really gorgeous!!
I also got a photo of myself and Rose and Magoleth. ( hope you dont mind that I post it Rose!) I have added it to my photobucket...http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f394/calle103/?action=view¤t=haldir2.jpg
Just briefly, Balrog- your roomie sounds as though she really needs watching over. It just sounds worrisome.
HT- a very Happy Birthday to your mum!
Brandy, I really liked your poem. Love the thought of spring.
Swabby-hope you have a good visit with your sons.
Neenime-sorry about your sons friend.
Cat, Morwin, Jess, Mith, MT, Sindy, Tom, Awelyn, Emmy, Cirdaneth,Belle, ( gosh, our group is growing!) anyone else I didnt mention......I am thankful for you all.:love:
Hope you all on the state side have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
OMG Rose!!! I forgot your pumpkin pie! :blush: I owe you one.

[Edited on 21/11/2006 by callë]

[Edited on 21/11/2006 by callë]
awelyn418
Send Message
on: November 21, 2006 03:32
Mith I think you are psychic. I just seem to complain all the time on here so I wasn't going to say anything but I have a serious infection in my lower gum. I have periodontal disease and have been fighting it for 12 years. Well next Friday I am going to have oral surgery. I am in quite a bit of pain so I am going to my sisters for Thanksgiving. I have pain medicine and I am on antibiotics. I will be so much better after Monday. It is uncanny how you sense things.

Neenime I have not read that book but I am going to it sounds so interesting..

Thank you Jess and it is hard to believe that it feels like Spring there. I am glad you had a good time at Neenime's.

Calle I adored the photos and I agree with the other women what a handsome guy.

Balrog, I would also be worried about your roomie. There are so many things that can happen. Do you know the symptoms of stroke? I would keep an eye on her but then I am sure you are.

Rose I love the dragon. He or she is so cute. How is your eye you poor dear?
Hi Swabby, I loved the poem . So you are cooking your feast why am I not surprised.

Cat, I am glad you are getting a time of rest you deserve it.

Brandywine I like your little ditty. It sounds like you will have a good Thanksgiving.

MTMS, how was the pow wow? Thank you for calling me a light.

HT what a wonderful list of things you are thankful for now. Have you seen the movie White Christmas? There is a song in the movie Count your Blessings. You made me think of it when I read all your blessings you were counting.

Keep warm Randi.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 06:35
Your pictures are great and I enjoyed looking at them very much, calle.

I also enjoyed your photos, Rose. In years past I have let a wrench slip a time or two and busted my own self in the chops, so try not to feel too bad about your little mishap.

So you think the Wormtongue clan (The females, at least) might pay me a visit, Mith? Well, if they do, I shall be helpless to stop them from making a sandwich out of me. It might not be so bad after all.

Even though I know it's not such a bad thing for a man to cry, I can't seem to help fighting it with every fiber of my being. In my case, because of the neglect, rejection and emotional distress I experienced as a child, I think I learned to turn off my emotions (sadness, but not anger) in order to survive. I saw my dad cry like a baby many times when I was little, but I never, ever saw my mother cry. Wierd, huh?

Good luck to you with that oral surgery, Awelyn. I'm afraid that's what my oldest sister needs but I guess she can't aford it. The last time I saw her, her gums looked almost black. Me, I was born with excellent teeth but a genetic predisposition for heart disease. I'd gladly trade all of my teeth for a good heart.

I'd best get busy cleaning and preparing for Turkey day and my two oldest son's arrival. Happy Wednesday. Swabby
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 06:56
Hi everyone. I hope you're all doing well, or recovering from what is not well.

Awelyn I hope the surgery takes care of the problem for you. That sounds really uncomfortable.

Callë those are really nice photos. Thanks for sharing them. You ladies look great together.

Swabby that's an understandable and common reaction. Kids figure out pretty soon whether emotional expression will result in support or trouble. Shut-down is a natural defense mechanism. Have to say that my system seems to do that autmoatically. What can you do? I try to be more emotionally tuned into myself and give myself permission to express when it's OK (like with people who love and support me), but my default setting willl always be shut-down. C'est la vie
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 07:14
Loved your photos, Callë. You are one lucky gal to meet Craig in person and also Rose and Magoleth.

Awelyn, hope your oral surgery goes well and gives you relief from the pain. It is weird, but I had the feeling something was wrong. Some kind of connection, just wish you were feeling better. And don't ever feel like you are complaining, we all care and don't think that of you. On the light side....try grabbing a turkey leg and waving it around. You can always blame it on the meds. It is good you can go to your sisters and not have to cook. Hope your day is a good one.

You express your feelings and emotions quite well, Swabby. Think you have grown in spirit and deal with the unpleasant aspects of your past very well. Hope the visit from your sons goes well. I know your feast (meal) will be a culinary delight. It is rather cool knowing there is a guy out there cooking for Thanksgiving as well.

Well, off to finish cleaning and bake the pumpkin pies. Happy Thanksgiving! :heart: :hug: :love:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 09:16
Swabby I remember a time that I was filled with rage over my baby brother. He would stutter sometime and my dad was taught if you humiliate someone they will stop stuttering. He told my brother if he did not stop he would have to drink out of a baby bottle because only babies stutter. My brother was so embarrassed and. I was filled with anger that he would do that to my brother. Even at 8 I knew that was not the way to handle it. After that I would take my brother and speak slowly and not rush him. He grew out of it but I think emotional he was hurt. My dad also taught him not to cry it was not manly.
I think everything will be ok. I have had the same dentist for 14 years. He knows my mouth better than I do.Thanks for the good wishes.

Mith I hope you have a great day tomorrow. Okay I will grab the turkey leg and slam it on the table and say you shall not pass.
How's that?

Neenime, It will be ok and the only thing I regret is that I won't be able to eat all the food I usually eat at our feast but I will adjust.

Have a good day everyone.
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 03:51
Hi everyone.

Been busy lately. Roomie is being a pain in the you know where. She never does anything I tell her. I caught her eating potato chips at 10:30 a.m. I told her you don't eat stuff like that at that time of day. I also told her that with the surgery she should know better to change her diet. She never listens. :angry: :angry: It's like talking to a brick s**t house. As for her medication, I don't know what she takes. She won't tell me her changes. Her private life is her own.

*finishes ranting and raving*

awelyn: I hope your surgery goes well. I had mouth surgery but the doc took all my teeth out. Now I gum everything to death. As if: I have dentures.

Rose, callë, Magoleth: You all are lucky to have your picture taken together. And especially with Craig. :disco:

Loved the poem Brandy. Can't wait til spring.

I hope everyone south of the border has a great Thanksgiving tomorrow. Eat plenty of turkey and pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie. I'm thankful for the friends I met here on CoE especially FoF.

See you all later.

Namárië
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 05:38
Suilad, mellyn Nin, (Hello, my friends),
The past two days have been very stressful around here at the farm...unlimited amount of work..it seems..lol
Hope that all of you have a wonderful holiday...
We are going to my sons house tomorrow for thanksgiving...will be good to see the little ones again..
:hug: to all of you..
May the light of The Two Trees illuminate your path and keep you safe...
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 22, 2006 09:53
Hmmm....
Swabby did you know that the Elves of Las Gallen are Sylvan Elves?
And you remember that Silverleaf is Half-Elven right?
At any rate I put the maple leaves on the counter next to the toaster,
they haven't moved back into the bed yet so Silverleaf may have been
playing tricks and thought better of doing it again...

Awellyn I do hope all goes well... both on Thanksgiving Day
and the day after. Perhaps you could take home nibbles to freeze
and eat after you are healed?

Ohh photos with Craig.... you lucky Ladies!

Balrog... I wish you much patience and your Roomie better health!

OK I missed naming most of you still I wish you all
:love: Happy Thanksgiving Day! :love: :cheers: :hug:
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 12:38
Hello everyone,
It's very early in the morning on Thanksgiving Day here in Idaho, USA. Don't have any idea why I am wide awake at 3:30 a.m. but I have the next several days off so I don't care when I'm awake or asleep. I can nap anytime I want.

Rose and Calle-I loved the pirctures. You all three look like such nice people, wish I lived closer so I could meet you as well. Glad you got to meet with each other.

Randi-What kind of farm do you have and where is it located. We have a crop and cattle farm in Idaho.
Actually we just sold the property yesterday. We have had it on the market for over a year and it has been sold now. We will still be farming it. We are cash leasing it back from the purchaser. It's an investment property for him. We also farm about 250 other acres for a total of about 400 acres. We have 60 head of beef cattle and a corral full of calves that have just been weaned.

Balrog-Watch the roomie, sweetie. I am sure that taking care of the recently sick is a pain in the a**.

Awleyn-Good luck with the treatment of your peridontal disease. Hope the surgery goes well for you. The advice about taking home some goodies to freeze and eat later was a good piece of advice. Everything is so tasty on Thanksgiving Day.

To all in general Happy Thanksgiving and I truly count this online cmmunity we have as one of my greatest blessings and am, therefore, thankful for you all.
Brandy
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 03:59
The turkey is stuffed and in the oven, and I shall start making the rolls shortly. I'm still waiting for my two oldest sons to show up.

I'm thankful that I woke up with a pulse this morning and am apparently still able to function adequately. I'm thankful for many things, but not the least of which are you all --- my fine friends. May all of you have a good day and I shall be thinking about you. Love, bear-hugs and turkey-calls, Swabby
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 04:00
Rose and calle- how wonderful for you two gals to meet up with each other and that handsome elf! Hope that sort of luck happens to me!

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way, awelyn. Don't ever feel like you're complaining! We want to know what's going on with you because you are our friend and we love you!!:heart: Had a little oral surgery myself and am so glad that I did. Hope the same can be said for you!

I have a fabulous vision of awelyn slamming that turkey leg on the Thanksgiving table, shouting "You shall not pass!" You may have created a vivid Thanksgiving memory for the folks in Missouri, mith, and maybe down in Alabama.

swabby my friend, not all tears are an evil. I also often find myself fighting back tears. At times it doesn't take much to set me off. I had a friend tell me of the gift of tears and now I don't hold back as often as I used to. You have a big heart,my friend, and tears oft are a part of that.

Glad that you are recovering a bit, neenime. I have a small note on my computer at work that says: I take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once!" Bet that was how you felt.

Your roomie is lucky to have someone who cares for her well-being, balrog. It's not your responsibility to care for her, but you've done what you can. I pray that she can see the love in your actions. I see it.

No more nightly visit by Treebeard, vicarcat ? Perhaps you should leave some Miracle Grow out and he may come back.

I have a friend who leases property she once owned, brandywine. Her hubby is a farmer and is planning to retire in a few years. Is that part of your plan as well?

Have fun with the little ones, randi. I have to wait until early December to see my grandchildren, but see them I will!!!!Haven't see them around Christmas time in 4 years!!

I'm looking forward to what this Thanksgiving day will bring. Have the in-laws and out-laws coming over for ham and turkey sandwiches, salads and pies this evening. My brother is bringing my dad and his Alzheimer girlfriend (DAD"S girlfriend). Sister-in-law and nieces (14 and 11) are coming separately because dad's girlfriend doesn't get along with sis-in-law. Hubby's sister is bringing the in-laws: Mother having alzheimer's and father being almost stone deaf. Brother-in-law may come with his wife and 5 year old "princess" and 3 year-old "ruffian", who like to play with my swords. My house may be the only place besides the Alheimer's unit hosting more than one "patient" at the table. May have to take out that turkey leg and commit a few fell deeds on a relative or two.

MT
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 06:05
MAe Govannen and Happy Thanksgiving Day to our American friends.

Randi I hope you get some time to rest today. A farm is a place of constant activity and responsibility, isn't it? We only have a dog, but it's like having another child - always thinking whether our plans will be OK for her, not leaving her alone for too long, etc. I can't imagine how much concern there might be with a whole lot of animals. Farmers deserve a lot more respect than we give them!

Busy times here. Still lots of distressed students filtering in. Will be glad when December arrives and most are busy with their exams or going home for the holidays.

Going to hear the symphony tonight - an all-Slavic concert (Tchaikovski, Dvorak and ??? someone else). That will restore my tired soul.

Awelyn I'll send up some good thoughts for you and your surgery.

I had a long chat with one of my brothers last night. He is slumping into depression again and needs prayers to keep fighting that very long fight, just to keep functioning. So, any energy/prayers/dragon's breath/toasts/etc you could spare for him is much appreciated. Thanks a lot.
<< First1011121314Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email