<< First1415161718
Author Topic:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part IX
on: December 13, 2006 01:49
Swabby,
You have all the healing powers within this old Hobbit's heart and hands sent your way. Take good care, and know that many, many good wishes are being sent your way.
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2006 04:43
Swabby, please know that we are all thinking of you and if our collective "grace" can help, we are there with you, holding your hand through this all. Tell those doctors you have Ranger madiens and Elvish warrioresses that they will have to answer to if they don't give you the best care possible! :love:

Sindy

P.S. Thanks for the kind words for the DH. I am greeted at the door daily by him and the tabby cat, both bitterly complaining about the other. (The tabby believes DH is the most comfortable, warm spot to rest on and the DH believes the tabby cat is waiting until he falls asleep to pounce on his incision.) I am not the best of nurses, believing that one should as the commercial in the U.S. says "Walk it off, Snack Fairy!" So I'm trying to be good, making hot tea and filling ice bags, but it's trying. The orklings are looking pretty good right now!

[Edited on 14/12/2006 by sindarinelvish]
SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 13, 2006 04:59
Dearest swabby, the wizards are conguring up spells of healing, the elves are brewing potions for good health, rangers are searching for kingsfoil and the King is waiting to lay his healing hands on your brow....and all the FoF folk are thinking of and praying for you!!! :hug:
Please do whatever you must to become and stay healthy. We want you with us for a long, long time!!
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: December 13, 2006 07:10
Swabby, I am with the rest and will keep you in my prayers. You hang on we are all pulling for you and a healing of your heart. Take it easy my friend .
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 03:27
I've received a card from Mith - thank you!

Swabby, healing vibes coming your way. Hope you'll be with us again soon, and still for a long time! :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 03:55
Good morning/afternoon or whatever time it is where you are.

Cirdaneth, getting a present from your shipwright was so touching. What a love you two had not to many people can say they have had that kind of love. How is the redecorating coming?

It seems like everyday I get a Christmas card from one of you. It is so nice. Did you know that they have Christmas cards made out of recycled paper? I am aware of our planets problems as a class I took in college scared the hades out of me. It was an environment class. So consequently. I don't leave the water on while I brush my teeth. I use natural pesticides and nothing that would be harmful in the ground water. I jump my husband when he uses toxic insecticides and pesticides. So, there are so many things that we could do to help this planet. ( off soap box now)

I hope swabby is doing ok today. I bet his is wife and son are really worried. Here is a hug Swabby

The other night it was raining and my daughter and I were going shopping . We were driving and it was pouring down rain. We had to stop because the car in front of us was turning. I felt a little bump. The car behind us had not stopped. I have a rubber bumper there was no damage to either car but the teenage boy who bumped me was so scared but still asked if I was okay and if the car was damaged. Thank God he was not driving faster. we were all just fine and both cars were not damaged either.

We are getting a live Christmas tree tonight. I have not had one for five years. I love the aroma that wafts through the house with a live tree. I am almost finished with holiday decorating. Grandkids may come this weekend and if they do, we will make cookies and do other Christmas things.

Have a good day.

[Edited on 14/12/2006 by awelyn418]
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 03:57
Dear Swabby so sorry to learn that you are feeling off. I hope the test shows something that can be remedied quickly so that you can return to us as the fun-loving, sweet man that you are. You'll be missed.:heart:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 09:46
Good to hear you are ok, awelyn, after your minor bump. :hug:

My dragon shares her heart with you swabby, as Draco did in Dragonheart and everything is crossed to wish you well. Hang in there. :love:

Have received calle's card and Sindy's.

Take care sister FoFers. :heart:
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 11:18
Well, I'm still kickin'. I've seen a few doctors and submitted to a few tests the last couple of days, but the more serious stuff will be next week. It seems they need to collect my medical records from the four corners of the earth, traveling man that I've been. I guess they didn't think I was about to keel over or they wouldn't have let me come home. Anyhow, I thank all of you from the bottom of my rickety heart for all your positive vibes, well-wishes and E-cards. You're all the greatest. If I was the king of the world, I know exactly who I'd want in my harem-----the ladies of FoF, that's who! (I would appease your hubbies with Salma look-alikes and endless football on big screen tvs, pizza and beer)

My cardiologist says they've come light-years since my last angio-plasty back in '93, and that's certainly good news. If they can just patch me up one more time, I'll be very happy.

Again, thanks, double and triple thanks for being such wonderful people. I'll try to act normal for the next few days and I'll let y'all know what's going on. I'm glad that little bump wasn't as bad as mine was, Awelyn. Love and bear-hugs, Swabby

PS I decided that old avi of mine was a little macabre, so I changed it. Now my avi is "baby Swabby". I was just a wee tadpole back then, out on shore patrol and crackin' heads with my rattle.

[Edited on 14/12/2006 by swabby]
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 11:57
Glad you're still with us Swabby ... in all senses of the word.

Thankyou for my e-card Calle. Are they easy to send?

Six o'clock this morning had a phone call from Australia to say that the second dearest man in my life has died. Only 61. The brother I never had. Met him on-line while tracing ancestors eight years ago and he gave us such support, by e-mail and especially over two summers he spent working over here. He developed lung cancer last year, but treatment made it possible for him to fly over and visit me this summer. We had nine days and walked miles, ate heaps and watched my DVD of RoTK. After that we knew we would not meet again. Now he is gone.

Namarie Phillip, mellon nin.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 04:20
cirdaneth I am so sorry for the loss of your friend who was like a brother. I am so glad that you did spend quality time with him before his passing. Bless your heart a prayer for you is on my lips.

Swabby I can't tell you how happy I am that you are not in the hospital. Bless you. What a darling picture. You were a beautiful baby.
I love it. Yes, I was lucky about my fender-bender.

Morwin I got your card and Neenime's today.

I am going to enjoy my tree and go to bed early I am exhausted.
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 14, 2006 11:11
Swabby I'm glad to hear you are back home.
I've put you on my prayer list...

Cirdaneth I'm glad you had that visit with Phillip this last summer.
I know you miss him but those summer memories will always be yours.
And You are on my prayer list...

Well best hit the sack, I've lots to do later today. :hug: Everyone! :love:
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 05:18
Today, I got cards from Randi, Callë, and Magoleth.

Awelyn, it's good that nobody got hurt in that bump!

Good to hear that you're fine, Swabby! :hug:

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend, Cirdaneth.

This evening, I'm going to a concert of medieval Christmas music in the nearby church. I was planning to take the younger daughter with me because she loves music, but unfortunately, she's caught some stomach bug so, let's see if she's able to go.
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 09:28
Hi everyone

Cirdaneth I am so sorry to hear about your 'brother' I am glad you got to spend time with him. I think we all know here how much support our on-line friends give us.

Swabby it is so good to hear from you I have been thinking of you over the past few days wondering how you were getting on. I like the picture of little you - very cute!

Take care everyone.

Love and hugs

HT:heart:
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 09:37
Also sorry to hear about your online 'brother', cirdaneth.

Received Awelyn's card.

Good to see you are at home, swabby and hope everything goes well on your return to hospital. You look so cute in your avie. :hug:

Warm Hugs

Rosie xx
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 10:32
Hi everyone.

Seems I miss a few days and there are posts galore.

Swabby: Hope your tests go well. We need you here. Here's a :hug: and an :angel: . Maybe these will help and good wishes from everyone.

cirdaneth: Sorry to hear about your 'brother'. I will send a prayer to his family.

awelyn: Glad the bump wasn't to bad. It could have been worse.

I have one more to do and my shopping will be done. Got to work late tonight so I had better get my caboose in gear and get ready for work.

Everyone have a great day.

Namárië
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 15, 2006 12:37
Cirdaneth my heart goes out to you on the loss of your brother-of-the-heart. May he live on in good memories.

Swabby good news and a sweet pic. Keep on keepin' on and we will hope for the best next week.

Thanks to Randi, and Morwin for cards . Morwin - that stained glass window is breath-taking. Definitely saving that one to use as a decoration from year to year.

Awelyn Glad the bump was minor.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
<< First1415161718
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email