Register

<< First1112131415Last >>
Author Topic:
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part IX
on: November 23, 2006 06:52
Lovely pictures Rose and Calle! I think Craig's handsomeness has as much to do with his warmth as his looks. Look after that eye, Rose.

Hope you all manage to enjoy your holiday and turkey despite all the tooth and gum problems, and the wandering wits of relatives. There but for the grace of the Valar etc....

Loving thoughts to you all.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 07:02
So, Happy Thanksgiving to the Americans! :cheers: A long holiday weekend probably means that, this site will be much more quiet than usually. Hope it's a good one for all of you!

Awelyn, hope your surgery goes smoothly!

Enjoy the concert, Neenime!

For me, this week has been not much short of murder at work. It isn't that the work itself weren't OK, or that this time of the year is always busy - but, add to that a bunch of workmates and a couple of customers that really grate my nerves...

Thank goodness tomorrow is Friday.
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 07:53
Neenime will pray for your brother have a good time at your concert.
Thank you for the good thoughts.

Swabby You take sometime today for you. Have a fine day my friend.

MTMS, oh you had me laughing about the patient remark. Thank you for the prayers I admit I am a wee scared of the oral surgery. Hang in there you made need the hands of the king after your day is over.

Morwin I hope your day goes better today. Thank you for the good wishes.

Cat good idea I will do that and freeze the good stuff.

Randi I wish for you a stress free day. Have fun with your grandkids. You lucky granny you.

cirdaneth thank you and you have a great day too.

Brandywine up at the crack of dawn . Have a good day .
FOF is a blessing to me as you all our thanks for being you.

Balrog thank you and you take care.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 02:52
Hope that all of you have had as good a day as I have had! Early this morning we received news that my youngest granddaughter was born..late Wed afternoon! *jumps up and down with joy* :disco: :disco: :disco: Mom and babe...and Dad...are all doing fine!
We spent the afternoon with my oldest son and his family..three little girls...ages 2, 3, and 4 years old! Had a wonderful time!
Spent Tuesday dressing out a 170 lb. 8 point buck that my son killed...he reinjured his shoulder loading it on the four-wheeler..and by the time he got here..was hurting so badly that he could not even move his arm..so we dressed it out and cut it up for him...:drool:
May the light of The Two Trees illuminate your paths and keep you safe!
Randi
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 23, 2006 07:26
Made quite a feast here with stuffed turkey, mashed potatoes, yams, corn and pumpkin pie. It ended up just the two of us so didn't bother making rolls. I think the best part is all the leftovers.

Swabby, you are so right. We have much to be thankful for and I do give thanks for you and all the FOF here. Heard a strange noise earlier...could have sworn it was a turkey call.

Awelyn, you had me laughing with visions of you waving the turkey leg and saying "You shall not pass"! I waved the turkey leg at hubby and he came running. Don't think there are any words that could have kept him away from the food.

Hope you survived the family, MT. Only a loving shield maiden could handle a crowd like that. Did you wield any turkey legs?

Neenime, I will pray for your brother. I'm sure your love and support means a lot to him.

Congratulations on your new granddaughter, Randi! What wonderful news, you must be so excited.

Thanks for all the Thanksgiving wishes. I truly am thankful for each and every one of you! :heart::love: :hug:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2006 04:06
Happy post-Thanksgiving. May the silmarils of antacid protect you all from the Orcs of Indigestion! I hope all our American friends had a wonderful and relaxing holiday.

Thanks for the reponse re: my brother. I believe that your support will help him.

We had a fabulous time at the symphony last night. Hubby and #3 son and I were to have gone, but plans changed. Our son invited a friend of his, an exchange student from italy. Hubby is not a late-night kind of guy any more, so he gave our geust his ticket. So there I was, looking like a "cougar" (translation - VERY middle-aged woman trolling for young men).

The concert was excellent. That Tchaikovsky piano concerto is extremely demanding -very complex passages, many changes in timing, much to-and-fro between orchestra and soloist. Although the pianist got away from them in the begiinning, they got it right for the rest of the piece.

We're darned lucky to have a symphony orchestra (small though may be) in this industrial city of barely 120,000, removed from the rest of civilization. I am so proud of our musicians.

And yes, the music restored my soul. I slept well and awoke rested and refreshed. Just like the magic of Lothlorien.

Wishing you all a wonderful Friay. May surgeries go well, roomies recover, and all of you fare well.Randi what a blessing! Congratulations. I hope you get to see her soon.
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2006 05:45
A belated Thanksgiving wish to all!

My Thanksgiving was quiet compared to our usual standards...only 13 for dinner this year. For some reason I woke up yesterday morning just exhausted. I don't know what right I have to say that, the spousal unit has been running his poor damaged feet off all this week. Even so, there I was barely able to keep my eyes open. So after doing the dinner dishes so my mom wouldn't attempt them on her own, I headed home to take a nap. The spousal unit woke me up about 3 hours later when I was feeling much more human. So a quiet time here in the PoG.

Today is the spousal unit's and my anniversary. :love: 27 years and counting. It draws me up short every time I think about it; it just doesn't seem like that much time has gone by. Time flies when you're having fun! Well, most of the time at any rate. Tomorrow we head to Omaha to spend the day with his relatives. It's very similar to what we did on our honeymoon day when we got married. We went to Omaha, spent the night, then spent the 25th with *my* relatives. Life imitating life.

My mom, sister, brother-in-law, and I are going to see Happy Feet this afternoon. Then the evening will be spent quietly at home...just the spousal unit and me. There's some kind of PoG football game going on and the town will be in chaos, so we're just going to stay at home and entertain ourselves. :naughty:

Have a good weekend all. Blessings to you all.
Scots
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: November 24, 2006 07:04
Neenime, I'm glad you found the concert restorative. Our local secondary school has a symphony orchestra which is reckoned the top school orchestra in the country. My firned's daughters play viola and french horn, and get to play the Albert Hall. I burst with pride every year at their Christmas concert, which also features their brass-band, choirs, swing band and jazz band. The teachers and conductors are an inspiration.

Is your bother's depression reactive to some trauma, or is it part of his being? My kindest thoughts go to him.
Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: November 24, 2006 07:58
Congratulations for the new addition to your family, Randi! :love:

Happy Anniversary, Scots! :cheers:

Today wasn't that busy at work, but I had some difficult customers calling, and some other tasks that were a bit taxing. So, this evening, I sure am going to do nothing but relax.

TGIF!
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2006 03:45
Congradulations Randi on the new granddhild...

And also To Scots on 27 years of marriage...
I am hoping that Silverleaf and I will both live
long enough to celebrate that many years...
We celebrated 16 years of bliss last July.

Silverleaf and I celebrated Thanksgiving day together
as Mom wanted to loaf at home...
and Scott went to his Lady's familys house for dinner.
We watched BeoWulf and Grendel on dvd after
stuffing ourselves on turkey.

Today at dinner I said to Silverleaf
"This turkey leg would make a good cudgle."
I was thinking of a certain shiled maiden...
and he was thinking of BeoWulf!
Ahh the wielders of drumsticks... Lol!

Had things turn nasty on a online group
over the last few days so I have left the group...
Not sure if I and my kin are clear of that mess yet
but we will go on our own ways and do as we always have...
If anyone tells you that Haldir is trying to use me
don't believe it... He is my cousin and handles business for me
on one of my family's estates which is fancifuly called LothLorien.

Well I missed commenting on most of your posts...
Thang God for all of your friendship! :hug: :love:
Also TGIF....
I must get ready early for Nightwatch... so will post later.

Curious things at and after Nightwatch:

Strange that on my way back from Nightwatch I found a scarf
the size of a short stole in two shades of Purple and Black details
with metalic Gold Leaves on it...
The leaf motif covers the scarf totally.
And the design is so cleverly done that the leaves could be
from any tree or from all trees for that matter;
as there are patterns that mimic Pine and Fir boughs along with
those that look to be Elm and Birch leaves.

It is like my more secretive cousins to leave such a scarf
in my path late at night when few Humans walk the streets...
They have left gifts in my path before when I most needed them.

And there was the Young Lady at Nightwatch who gave me
the pair of boots that she had just gotten from the van that
comes only on friday nights.
They are black leather with pointed toes almost knee high
in size 7.5,
and this happens within 4 days of my short pair of black boots
wearing out in both toes...
leaving me with only one pair of boots that were wearable.

Something Curious Is Afoot!

Is there a Gift Beastie out and about to thwart the Fear Beastie?

Let me know what happens in your part of the country, will you Please?

[Edited on 25/11/2006 by vicarcat]
awelyn418
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 03:43
Well, I had help but I made it passed Grimma. I pleaded about my sore mouth and then there was a sound of wings and a puff a smoke it diverted Grimma's attention for a few minutes and I sneaked by.

Oh, Randi how wonderful. Congratulations about the granddaughter.
What did they name her? That is so great here at Thanksgiving time another blessing.

Happy belated anniversary wishes to you Scots. Have a great weekend. I had a quiet Thanksgiving too and I just lay around yesterday.

Neenime your concert sounds lovely. I love the way music can do that restore and comfort and encourage.

Cat well what a nice little gift and I am so glad you got exactly what you needed with the boots.

Mith, I am glad you laughed at my turkey leg weapon. So, you did not have as much cooking to do with just you and your husband. I guess it was a good and a bad thing because I know how you love to cook.

Hello cirdaneh and Morwin.

I have tons of housework and laundry so I'd better get to it. Well,first I need a cup of coffee. As the time draws nearer for my oral surgery I am getting scared. I am going to imagine all of you around that chair. It will help.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 04:59
Just a quick note for now..before I start cutting up the deer meat again..to get it ready to be made into sausage..or hamburger meat...
Have enjoyed reading all the postings...:hug: to those who are lonely, in sorrow, afraid, or in pain...
Awelyn, we will indeed all be with you when you have your surgery...*Randi will be there holding your hand so don't feel alone* :hug: When is the surgery to be done?
love to you all...
Randi
awelyn418
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 07:41
Thank you Randi it is Monday.
cirdaneth
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 11:09
Good luck for Monday Awelyn. I'll be thinking of you.

Congratulations Randi on the new arrival. What species of deer do you have? How long do you have to hang it before you cut it up? When do they rut? I had a lot to do with red deer (officially and unofficially!)when I lived in the Scottish Highlands.

Has Rose gone missing or been washed away/blown away by the storms of the past few days? I lay in bed last night listening to the water dripping though my bedroom ceiling. One drip every 45 seconds. Very annoying. Finally put some tissues under it to quieten it down. It doesn't always leak. Only when the wind blows a certain way. And there's no way of finding where it gets in. Could be yards away. It percolates through the thick stone walls following the ancient pathways made by mice and insects over the centuries, reminding me that I am part of the web of time.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 05:32
Congrats on the new granddaughter, Randi!! Your heart will be growing a bit bigger with another one to love.:heart:

I weilded pecan pies instead of turkey legs, mith. Seems as if the pies were what everyone came for in the first place! Thanks goodness I baked enough! No injuries occured, although forks were flying.

The word "troll" and neenime do not belong together, my friend, even if you were out with two young men. I hope you enjoyed every moment!!

Happy 27th anniversary, scots. May your years together get better and better.

Hoping that work gets better for you, morwin. Seems as if we spend too much time there to not be happy or at least content.

You are a most fortunate person, vicarcat, to have random acts of kindness thrown at you. May this trend continue!!

I will be at your side on Monday, [awelyn/b], and on Tuesday too, if need be. :hug:

I like being "part of the web of time", [b]cirdaneth
. Like to think back to who may have been walking along the same shores as I, hundreds of years ago...and who will be walking the same stretch of sand 100 years from now....

My Christmas tree is up and decorated, part of the house is "Christmasy". Got to do the outside and it'll be done. Having a Christmas party here next weekend, so I wanted to get most of the decorating work done. I love Christmas!! Wonder if I should put my small Sting on the tree? My Aragorn bookmark????

MT
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2006 08:08
Hello to all. What an eventful week this has been for me. We had a teacher resign from our school staff (she is having health problems and so is her hubby) and have put another woman who is on staff in her place. The new teacher is a wonderful woman who has been running our Pre-K for the last few years and is now taking over 2nd grade. God Bless her!
She and several others of us began a cursory cleaning of the old teacher's room on Tuesday at 3:15 (old teacher's last day) and mad a small stab at it. The old teacher is a lovely woman too but, oh so disorganized. It took us the greater part of Wednesday, Friday and Saturday to organize the room into a less cluttered, more child friendly atmosphere where one could actually think about lesson plans. We got her started tonight (Saturday) and she is just now beginning to panic a bit about the whole thing. I know she is going to have a sleepless night on Sunday with "first day jitters" on Monday. Imagine how hard it will be to step into another's shoes with only 5 days preparation. I wish our former, ill, teacher well. I really hope her health improves. I'm not so sure about her hubby. I fear for him and her if anything happens to him.
It has really made me reflect on and be grateful for my good health to see what this poor lady is going through. God's blessings on her as well.

Now to all of you lovely people. I really enjoyed reading and catching up on all of the posts.
Randi Congrats on the new baby!
Scots Congrats on the anni. You've caught up with me and my hubby. Our 27th was October 5. I know what you mean about the time going fast when you are having fun.
To Everyone Else Oh How I wish we could all meet in one big room with lots of good food and drink and ample place to sit and visit. I just know we would all be instant kindred spirits as we are now.

Awelyn You will be in my thoughts Monday morning. I hope you have little pain and quick healing.

Have a great Sunday or Monday, depending on where you live.
Brandywine
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 12:08
Hmmm... how big a house would I need if every FoFr came by?
And who would come by earlie to help us cook the meals for everyone?

OK so I was dreaming again... can't help but want to meet with friends over the holidays...

Awelyn you are in my prayers...

Brandywine I hope your new teacher friend has an easy first week...

Cirdaneth, I sympathize on the drips...
mine will be quiet the next few days as we are supposed to have
6 inches of snow at 500ft by tomorrow night.
That means that some of the highrise buildings will have snow
on the balconies of the 3 to 5 top floors...
I can see those suave urbanites at the top diging out their balconies. Lol.

OK so I have a warped sense of humor...
I also have the snow boots and the shovel to do the work if necessary
and I live on the first floor so I'd have to go up a floor if the snow
covers my windows. That is if campus mantinance didn't do it first...

If the snow is heavy enough to close campus...
then it will give more meaning to dead week this term.
And yes we do have a weeks worth of food in the apartment.

I hope Everyones Sunday is good! :hug: :love: :cheers:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 06:43
Cat Sorry about your on-line group gone bad. I have had to quit a couple of those myself over the years. Some posters just use these groups to boost their egos by being nasty and combative. It makes me glad that we all get a,long so well here.

Also -how nice that you are the recipient of curious gifts. Maybe it's karma at work, because you certainly spread a lot of good energy out into the universe.

Scots Congratulations on your 27th anniversary. You're a special lady and I am sure that your choice of life partner is equally special May you have Elven years of bliss together.
:love: :love: :love:

MTMS LOTR decorations on your tree? What an inspired idea ! Hmmm, maybe I will put on a trinket or two! I have some ersatz Rings from bookmarks that could make pretty baubles. I like the medieval look myself and musical instruments. Too early to decorate here! My hubby would freak out, I WILL get my Christmas lights up today, though.

Polka therapy! "What", you ask? Yes, I had some polka therapy yesterday. Had a very demanding week and was just drained and cranky . Add to it, hubby and I were supposed to help at my parents' church fund-raiser. Groan - the last thing I thought I needed after a week when my soul just wanted to be still for awhile. As it urned out, we had a blast. The little band played polkas, kolomeyka (a fast-paced Ukrainian free-for-all) and waltzes and schottishes. I ran in about out the kitchen , apron and all, to take part in several dances. It wore all the stress out of my body and boosted the endorphin production up to required levels. What a blessing in disguise! :disco:

I wish you all polkas and sunshine today! :love:
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 08:09
I just tripped on the rug and had to do some fancy foot-work to keep from kissing the carpet------I might have done the polka. Uhhh, thanks Neenime.

I've been really busy with my two visiting sons and have not had time to read all the posts, but I'll try to get caught up tomorrow.

Have a great, relaxing Sunday, ---- what's left of it. We're off to the movies to see "Bobby". Love, bear-hugs and sure-footedness, Swabby
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 09:10
Hi everyone

Congratulations Randi on your new granddaughter.

Awelyn best of luck for tomorrow.

Happy (belated?) anniversary Scots.

My Brother and his 'bidey in' (Scottish for someone you live with but are not married to) took Mum and me to St Andrews for Dinner Bed and Breakfast in a very nice hotel. It was by way of being a Birthday present for my Mum's 86th birthday. Has a great time and so did Ma but she said afterward to me that she felt she was getting a little old to go away for the weekend. It tires her out somewhat. However it was fabby.

I got Aragorn out of the cold wilderness and into a bath so he is at least clean now. No movement yet on my other stories though.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving.

Love and hugs

HT:heart:

Morwinyoniel
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 09:10
Good luck for your surgery tomorrow, Awelyn! :hug:

Neenime, music and dance sometimes really work miracles when you're tired or down.

I was doing some Christmas shopping today, and also found myself a belated birthday present - the TTT complete soundtrack. Now, I just want to rest for the rest of the evening.

Hope everybody has a good Sunday!
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 02:02
Awelyn, :hug: will be with you in thought tomorrow..wish that I could be there in person with you! But know that we will all be praying for your speedy..and pain-free..recovery! :hug:
Just a quick note for now..am very tired..not much sleep last night...and an early day today..we finished my sons deer yesterday..got it all cut into steaks and roasts..and ground up the rest for hamburger meat...or..should I say..venisonburger!?
today...they got another deer...and we got it dressed out and iced down...whew!! am tired..and ready for bed..
will try to write more tomorrow..
:hug: for each and every one of you...and many thanks for the congrats on my new grandbaby! wish I could see her..but she is in Washington..(state) :cry:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 03:17
Ooops. sorry Swabby. I didn't mean to cause any trouble with my polka wish. Perhaps next time I'll just wish you a good day! That's a good deal safer!

Nice that you are having a good visit with your sons. Do enjoy.

Awelyn, Here's an :angel: to watch over you tomorrow.

HT I am glad that you had a good visit. Too bad it's getting to be a bit much for your Mum. I like the term "bidey in" . It's cute.
Good thing poor old Aragorn was rescued from the woods. Does he need someone to wash his back? I'd gladly offer my services..... :naughty:

Morwin I can understand wanting to sit and just enjoy that music!

I finally got to read today, after first being waylaid by a roast to put in the slow-cooker, the dog to walk, pear sauce to cook, Christmas lights to put up, an article to edit..... I just started a fantasy trilogy by Sarah Douglass. She is an Australian writer that two of my Ring-Moot sisters told me about. Have only read a few chapters but I like it already. Do any of you know her work?

OK, off to read again before I get too tired.

Rest up for Monday , my friends. May your day bring blessings and sunshine.
awelyn418
Send Message
on: November 26, 2006 06:13
Thank you Neenime for the angel. I don't know of that author's work but let me know what you think after you read it.

Thank you Randi I wish you could be there in person too. My husband called me today and he got a 5 point buck black powder hunting. Bless your heart I really know how you feel about the grand baby. I have 2 grandchildren in Washington state.

Thank you Morwin and HT.

Thanks Cat for the prayers.

Oh Brandy the poor thing. I would be nervous to if I were in her shoes. It was nice of all the teachers to pitch in and help her though. The teachers you work with sound like a great bunch. Aging is a very difficult thing. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Thank you for the hug MTMS. Your pecan pie sounded so divine. I love it but can't eat it because of the teeth. My daughter made some pumpkin cheesecake that was delicious. I haven't even started to think about decorating yet. I did put up a Jesse tree in my Sunday School room today.

cirdaneth you have such a way with words. Part of the web of time I like that phrase. I guess Rose is somewhere in that web of time. I miss her though. You have not met our Old_ Tom_ Bombadil here on FOF. He is so good with words and costumes and just generally a good person. I hope he comes back soon so you can meet him.
swabby
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 05:34
I was just kidding about getting tripped up by your polka wish, Neenime.
At 120,000 population, your city is similar in size to the one I live near. Actually, it is about 80,000 but swells to 120,000 or so during the day. It's big enough but not too big.
Also, I would not describe you as looking "very middle-aged", either. You look quite youthful to me.

I hope everyone who wielded a turkey leg, pecan pie or steaming-hot gravy bowl was successful in their endeavors to either ward off or lure to the table the various orcs and goblins, whether related or not. Our Thanksgiving went very well. I was a bit worried that I wouldn't hold up in the kitchen as long as needed (due to my declining energy) but I did very well. I only needed to ask for a little bit of help.

I enjoyed the movie "Bobby". It mainly dealt with the people who worked at the Ambassador Hotel and how they would eventually be involved in or affected by the Senator's tragic death. Those of us who remember that event might be especially moved by this very well-made movie. It also provides a very good snapshot of the times and has an excellent classic rock and soul soundtrack.

We've had beautiful, spring-like weather for the last several days, but a strong cold-front is supposed to arrive about Thursday.

I hope you all are doing well with what ever is going on in your lives. I wish you all love, bear-hugs and warm breezes. Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 07:14
All this talk of Christmas decorating has me really wanting to go home. I love this season and would normally have decorations up. We were not supposed to be in Nebraska this long or would have brought some along. There is a balcony decorating contest here at the apartments. Will be fun and interesting to observe even though we won't be participating. The judging is on the 11th so I should still be here.

That pecan pie sure sounded yummy, MT. Did you save a slice for the Ranger?

Polka dancing sounds like fun, Neenime. It brings back memories of a cousin's wedding some years ago when my Grandpa was alive and we danced to a polka. He led so well that I never even stepped on his feet.

Glad you had a good visit with your sons, Swabby. Must have kept you busy in the kitchen as well. Did they inherit any of your culinary talents?

Randi, think we should make a trip with Awelyn to Washington state. I have a grandson there as well.

A severe cold front is supposed to arrive here in a couple of days. So think I will try and get lots of Christmas shopping done early this week as I didn't bring many clothes for the really cold weather.

Take care, all my friends and have a wonderful week. :heart::love: :hug:

Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 01:33
Hi everyone. I wonder how our friend awelyn mmade out at the dental surgery?

I ended up going back home at midday, as I have caught a cold from my 2 ill sons. Took it easy all afternoon and won't be going to dance class tonight. Simply have no energy at all. Oh well, I get to read lots and I hope the rest will ease my transition through this virus (or, ease its transition through, I should say!).

mith I wonder if we are part of the same cold front. We have a winter storm warning for tomorrow. Good thing we put our winter tires on recently. I hate the slipping and sliding when we get surprised by snow and ice. Unfortunately, lots of other people either don't bother with winter tires or somehow think it's not necessary to adjust for the new conditions
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 03:44
You all know how fond I am of a certain ranger and how much I despise a certain elvish gal who likes to hang around him.....well, I think that I've "fixed her wagon"!
I've replaced that hideous pendant that he wore around his neck with one that's alot more appealing and one that MARKS HIM AS MINE!!! Have a look:www.img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/melianndoriath/Ara-baby/scan0001.jpg

Hope you're feeling better, neenime.

Thinking of you awelyn.

Think that I want you home as much as you wish it for yourself, mith.

Glad that you had a great Thanksgiving, swabby.
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 04:27
Awelyn, thinking of you and hoping that you are feeling better now that the surg is over! :hug:
MTMS I love the new pendant that you gave to Aragorn! lol
Neenime..:hug: I am sorry that you are sick with a cold...get well soon!
Mith..hope you are able to get home soon...and I would LOVE a trip with you and Awelyn to Washington!
I got some pics today of my new granddaughter! she is absolutely beautiful!!! wish I has some way of showing you all the pics..but my computer skills are sadly lacking...
Swabby, glad you had a good Thanksgiving ..even if you did have to do most of the cooking yourself! :hug:
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 27, 2006 04:31
Hi everyone.

I'm hear to not talk about roomie. She won't listen to me so I am not talking about her. She makes me :angry: :angry: :angry: Does that tell you anything?

Anyway, I got through the weekend. Bought the quardrilogy of Alien. Can't wait to see it. I also want to see Bobby, swabby. I think it will be a good history lesson to learn. I also want to see the new movie by Mel Gibson. Can't remember tha name right now. :dizzy:

I hope Awelyn comes out alright from surgery. I'll also am sending an :angel: and a :hug:

Nice to hear about the new grandchild, Randi. I can't wait to be a grandmother.

Neemine: take care of that cold. Chicken soup, homemade, is best. Also tea with honey and toast. Hot toddies will help too. Well you know what to do. You tell us your remedies for colds.

MTMS: Love the pic on the necklace. A little color goes a long way.

I think winter is here. We have had bad weather: snow, cold winds, its been nasty. :twitch: I don't think it knows what it wants to do. Two weeks ago we had rain. IN THE MIDDLE OF NOVEMBER. That's unheard of in this area.

I'm adding this piece for security sakes during the holidays:
We had a gentleman in the mall today lose is wallet. It had a great amount of cash in it. So if you all are out shopping for Christmas presents or just shopping, watch where you put your money. Put it in your pants pocket or jacket or shirt pocket. Never put it in your wallet or purse. You never know who could be a pick-pocket or if you misplaced your purse or get your wallet stolen. The best thing to carry is credit cards or bank cards. They are easier to cancel then trying to find the money that went missing. Sometimes it is just common sense.

*I will take my badge off for now.*

Well, I'm going to go do some reading of the Hobbit and go to bed. Big day at work tomorrow. Senior cheques are out and they spend money at the lottery terminals. Plus the jackpot did not go on Saturday so it has gone up to $14 million. The other jackpot is $22 million. People go nuts for totals like these.

:hug: :hug: :hug: 's to all. Hope you all have a great week.

Namárië
brandywine
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 12:12
Nothing much new to report from the wilds of Idaho. Our new teacher had a good first day. I went to check on her after school and we batted around a few ideas for helping the little kids keep better track of their papers and supplies. She felt like lesson plans were going okay. I'm proud of her. This could be a daunting task but she's doing well.

Our weather on the other hand has turned out not so well the last few days. It's absolutley frigid outside and we've had several skiffs of snow.

My son came home from work very upset tonite as his girlfriend gave him the "just friends" talk. I feel so bad for him. He really liked this girl. I gave him a hug and told him I loved him and kissed his cheek. What more can a mom do. It's hard to watch your kids have these emotional set backs.

Ah Well! As we all know love hurts sometimes. Hopefully she will come to her senses and realize what a great guy he is and want to be back with him.

Brandywine
vicarcat
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 12:34
Hi quick post tonite...
Snow flurries today but nothing stuck this low on the hillside...

I hope everyone gets to feeling better...
even if the problems are just frustrations...

Oh and if you ever want to make a truce with Haldir
don't tell him that one of his friends is mentaly ill...
especially if you have never met them face to face. Lol.
Life goes on... just as well I left that online group.

Yes I learned that karmic payback can go both ways,
so I attempt to keep my balance out of the red...
Still wish I had a big house so I could open
the front room up for guests during the cold weather.

I dream I know... Lol. That venison sounds tasty...

Will post again later! :hug: :love:
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 12:49
Apologies for not posting. I have been stricken with a second bug. Just got over the last one, and whap!!! another nasssty hit me. Won't go into details, but it has left me feeling a little groggy.

Anyhoo, glad to see that we are mostly ok, my thoughts are belatedly with awelyn and her oral surgery.

I giggled a little, swabby, as people do when other trip. The mental image brought a rare smile to my face. Thanks. But of course immensely glad that you didn't do yourself an injury....that would have been unthinkable.

Oh, brandy, I can sympathise only too well with you and your son's hurt. I went through that with my daughter last year. And, as you say, all you can do is hug them and be there for them. Heartbreak sucks!!

Has Grima gone....I was expecting him to make a beeline ... not that I am complaining. Ooooooffff! Seems I spoke too soon. *pthew, yuck ... gettttt offfff!!!*

Hugs everyone, but keeps hankie over face .... don't want you lovely people catching my bugses.

Ta ta for now

Rosie xxx
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 03:01
Greetings everyone.

Welcome back, balrog. I hope you're well rested for the day ahead. Keep that snow shovel handy, too. I think it's our turn today. The weather people re predicting freezing rain. Yuck. I have already started my wood fire for the day.

Good tip about spending money, by the way.

Rose, so sorry that you were ill. We can commiserate together with tales of chicken soup, regular doses of Zinc &/or Echinacea and much tea. The congestion has settled into my chest and throat. Time to bring out the heavy artillery - Vicks! For those of you NOT in the Colonies, it's a eucalyptus-based greasy salve that would make Orcs run screaming in the other direction. Smells gawwwwwwwdawful :twitch: but really heats up the affected areas.

Well, I am home , ill again. (insert crocodile tears here) :cry: Seriously, even though I really want to help my students, I really appreciate a day or two in the House of Healing. Rest, reading and snoozing will do me the world of good. Then I can leap back into the fray without spreading all sorts of pestilence amongst my co-workers and clients.

Have a healthy and happy day, everyone.
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: November 28, 2006 04:06
Aww... So sorry for those who have been attacked by the nasty viruses around. I'm suffering a bit from one as well, though I can't afford to call in sick. Too short staffed. *sigh* Stuffy nose and ear (the only one that works, wouldn't you know), headache, sore throat... Lovely. Not.

Anyway, rained yesterday (finally), but don't know that we'll get it again soon. Too dry.

Here's hoping we all feel better. I could use a sick day to write a short fic I'm supposed to for a group of fellow LoTR fans. Argh... Must work on it as it's due not later than 8 Dec. Egads.
<< First1112131415Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email