Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post Travellers Tales. KEEP
on: January 12, 2007 10:23
ooc: Yet another rp! I wanted to start a new one for my new character. This is not scripted in any way, so bring your ideas! Post your ideas in the ooc please! Thank you and enjoy!.

It was mid afternoon as Trevadir climbed a hill to reach his destination. He was hoping to stop in the next town he saw, he was weary from traveling on foot. He had lost his horse a few miles back, she had broken her leg in a ditch. "A terrible way to die for such a noble steed." Trevadir sighed.
Trevadir was a very old elf, he had lived in the days of the kinslaying, although he had lived in Arda at that time.He was a Sindarin elf who lived under the rule of King Elwe and Queen Melian. Being so old meant he didn't have many friends left in the world. They had all been killed or gone away to Aman. After that he he had taken to traveling and knew not much else.He always traveled alone, he never really wanted anyone else around. He was a very good craftsman as well and could make himself whatever he needed.

As he came to the top of the hill he looked out at the small village set before him. He never stayed in a village for more than a day, but he had a feeling he would be staying here a little longer, considering he had no horse and would have to find one suitable to take on long journeys.
Then Trevadir made his way down into the village. He decided to stop in a tavern and ask around for an inn.
He saw a maiden serving some men and decided to ask her. "My lady, may I ask you if you know of a inn for me to stay in?" Trevadir asked.

[Edited on 12/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]

[Edited on 3/2/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Travellers Tales. KEEP
on: January 12, 2007 11:23
Raven was walking along the hillside, wistling merrily as he did so. The elf was very young, barely a child by elf standards, but he didn't care. He was free of bonds and troubles.
He came across a small village, it looked rather pleasant, and he half skipped his way down the hill to it. He looked around, curious, deciding to explore a bit, before it got to dark. He did not notice the man in his path, crashing inot him and falling to the ground.
"Oh, dear me, dear me, I am terribly sorry, my good sir." Raven picked himself up, and dusted his cloths off. "I'm so clumsy, so sorry. Please do forgive me..." He spoke quickly, sounding somewhat akin to the chattering of birds.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 11:36
Legolas and his friends watched the two as The older Elf came in and asked the woman serving them some questions. HE kept his eyes focused on the man, but you could not tell, for the hood ws pulled down in his facce, hiding the features of the Elves and his pointy ears. Mirelwen looked at him and gave him a look and nodded slightly, winking as she did so.Elladan looked at each of them in turn, his eyebrow slighly arched as he noticed the young, rabbit like Elf with the older one. The young one was excitable and bird-like when he talked. Elrohir smiled at them and recalled a young Elf, whom had been ecitable also.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 12, 2007 05:13
Raven looked at the group, suddenly feeling very small, even though he was standing at 6'2. He looked at the gazes of the others, two he recognised as Elladan and Elrohir, having grown up in Rivendell he had often seen the two twins...and he had briefly seen Legolas, the Prince of Mirkwood, he was uncertain who the girl with them, the girl they were talking to, or the older elf he had bumped into.
He searched around for something to say, he felt very foolish indeed.
"Oh, dear me, dear me, how rude I hav been...I completely forgot to introduce myself, I am called Raven." He bowed to the group, not knowing how else to react in such company.
A break in the storm clouds suddenly camee with his companion friend the swallow, tuillinn, swooped down and lighted upon his shoulder. Raven smiled brightly, and whistled a tune to the bird, who whistled back cheerfully. It was a greeting in the bird's own tongue.

[Edited on 14/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]

[Edited on 20/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2007 03:02
Trevadir nodded to the boy, and the others. Then he moved away and sat down alone.
He didn't want any company, and he didn't think he needed any, but the young lad he had bumped into obviously thought that he needed someone around. "My lady, could you get me some ale?" Trevadir asked a passing maid. She nodded then walked off.
Trevadir tried to ignore Raven, but he wouldn't seem to go away. "Look boy, what do you want?" Trevadir asked gruffly.
He had been alone almost all his life, his family had left him when he was young, but his history will be told of later.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 13, 2007 03:11
Raven did not know what to do, he felt very out of place, he glanced about the group then noticed that the older elf that he had bumped into was going off.
"Wait!" He exclaimed, and ran after him.
He sat down at the table across from the older elf, asking the serving maid for some soup and bread and a light wine. Raven rarely drank but he did not want to seem as young as he was in front of this guy.
"Look boy, what do you want?"

Raven blinked, not certain of what to do...He suddenly smiled brightly, "You look very lonely, my friend says you are at any rate, I think you can use a companion." Raven was positively beaming, he was very pleased to have come up with the idea.
He accepted his food and drink, enjoying the taste of the simple food.
"I didn't catch your name mellon nin." He said with equall cheer.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 06:04
Trevadir took his ale and thanked the maiden. "I've been lonely all my life, why do I need company now?" Trevadir whispered, he was obviously annoyed.
Trevadir was surprised when he asked him for his name. "I'm Trevadir." Trevadir said simply. In Sindarin Trevadir meant traveller. He looked at Raven with his hard brown eyes, as if trying to find out the real reason he was following him.
Then he heard someone talking loudly. He looked over and saw a man, who seemed to be quite drunk, yelling at the elves who sat not far from him. Trevadir of course knew who they were, Elladan and Elrohir, and Legolas. He had heard one of them say the female elf's name, Mirelwen, but he wasn't sure who she was.
Trevadir stood. "What might you be accusing them of?" Trevadir asked the man who was shouting.

(thought this might be a good place for the brawl to start Elfalas.)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 06:58
"I've been lonely all my life, why do I need company now?"

Raven heard this and smiled broadly, "Everyone needs company, no matter how alone they might feel. It does no one no good to be alone, everyone should have a friend, and I think I shall be your's Trevadir!" Ki was smiling, very happy and pleased.
man at table gonna cause trouble... he heard his companion, tuillinn, chirp in his ear. Raven understood the language of the birds, Tuillinn was a swallow, and his closest friend. What the little bird said was usually right.
Raven looked over to the table, and noticed Trevadir rise and ask the man what he was accusing the others of.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 12:56
Trevadir jumped in to help them out. Some men just began to fight, even though they didn't know what they were fighting about.
Trevadir jumped in front of a very large man. "What do you want?" The man asked, he was slightly shorter than Trevadir. "You should stop if you know what's good for you." Trevadir said, he liked to give people a chance before he punched.
The man pushed Trevadir back, but he only lost his balance for a second. Trevadir punched the man hard. The man fell back against a table and didn't get back up. Then Trevadir turned to the others. "You had better get out of here." Trevadir said, he was completely calm. He sounded like nothing was happening at all.
Another man came at Trevadir but he ducked and punched him back. Then he saw Raven, he looked excited, although he wasn't doing anything yet. "Get out of here if you know what's good for you!" Trevadir shouted angrily at Raven. He knew Raven would get himself beat up if he stayed around.
Trevadir wished this fight would stop so he could get back to drinking his ale.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2007 01:51
Raven saw the fight begin, he looked around, clutching his wooden staff, he dodged a flying patron easily. He didn't know what to do but it was all very interesting, he had never been to a bar fight ever before! Maybe he could help!
"Get out of here if you know what's good for you!"

Raven felt a little insulted, did the man think that he couldn't fight. Well...he would just have to show him. He saw another approaching behind the older elf, Raven ran up silently and struck the man a hard blow to his gut. The man was winded and Raven knocked him unconciouss with another blow to his head.
Raven used the butt of his staff to knock out a man's knees. He fell to the ground groaning. He swung his staff about and knocked another out of his path. Suddenly he felt a disorienting blow to his head. He felt dizzy, and he could hear a loud ringing in his ears, everything seemed to have slowed.
Raven shook his head at a loud twittering nearby. Tuillinn was circling the head of another, buying him time. He grabbed the older elf by his collar and dragged him out of the door of the inn.
Raven saw the angry look the elf gave him and only smiled and shrugged. It was his first barfight, he was so happy. He raised a hand to his head, and saw blood on his fingers.
"Oh dear!" He said, but did nothing else.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 05:31
Gwinhifyra looked over the crowd appraisingly, and raised an eye brow. It was all that unusual to have the odd elf in the tavern, but to have this many was odd. She shivered, Trouble’s brewin’. Gwin shook her head, as it trying to knock loose that errant thought; after all, elves are not known for staring brawls and breaking things. She picked up another mug and polished it carefully.

“Gwin, Gwin! More ale!” A rough voice hailed. She sighed again, and picked up two foaming mugs of ale.

“Ah, there you are sister! Perfect, an ale for me, and an ale for my friend. Here is health to you sir!” Gerne raised his glass to the stranger sitting opposite him, who nodded and smiled. What an evil looking man! Gwin though as she surveyed his small eyes and twisted face.

“Gerne,” she said cautiously, “don’t you think you have had enough to drink? That is the third of the house brew, which is very strong this year.”

Gerne laughed indulgently, “Nonsense my little half-sister!” he emphasized the half “I have a stronger head that you think.” Gwin frowned at him but he laughed again, “Go on, you are needed!” There was a touch of anger in his voice now, so she left him to his own devices. After all, what can I do? She asked her self. At 6 feet 2 in his stockings and as burly as Morath’s stud bull, he could, easily break her arm. Or worse.

Perhaps the elves shall not start the trouble, but that demon who is inebriating my half-brother!

Gwin did not see who started the fight, and in the end it did
not really matter.

[Edited on 15/1/2007 by Eleiel]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 06:41
Mirelwen and Legolas side stepped two men that were rushing at them. One of them managed to get a nasty gash in Mirelwen's side, but she quickly hit him with a hard blow to the jaw, and then the other got a swift kick in the stomach, causing him to fall. Legolas grabbed one man and picked him up then threw him into four who had ganged up on trevadir. Elladan looked at the men and saw that only one was left, and he just ran out."Do not chase him, he is not worth it. The rest are out of it and will not move until we leave, which I uggest should be soon." Elrohir surveyed the room as he said this, looking at the men laying on the floor. All of them were still breathing, so they were al alive. If the one who ran brought more and they tried to kill, then they would fight for life, but this was simply to protect themselves so that they would not get hurt, but when Mirelwen gasped and cluthed her bleeding side, he knew that she needed it wrapped to keep her from bleeding."Come hre, mellon nin. Let me tend to your side." Legolas heard this and was at her arm in an instant, easinbg her to a bench. Once she was taken care of, they went and got their horses out of the barn and headed out of there.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 07:44
Trevadir glared at Raven. "You stupid...." Trevadir refrained from swearing aloud, he muttered a few under his breath. "Look, you can't help me, so why don't you leave! I don't need anyone to tell me how to run my life!" Trevadir shouted, then he turned to walk back into the tavern, but he spotted Raven bleeding.
Trevadir rolled his eyes and walked over to him. "Here, press this cloth to your wound. When I get back out I'll help you with it. It doesn't look deep so don't worry." Trevadir said.
Then Trevadir walked back in.
He saw that the fight had ended, and he was glad of that. Trevadir planned on going over to his table and finishing his drink, but a man who had been lying on the ground stood up and grabbed him by his neck. "Who do you think ye are? Ye think ye can come in here and just take over? Well, ye be wrong elf!" The man said. Then the man threw Trevadir across the room. Trevadir fell on a table, and it fell over.
Trevadir laid there on the ground for a second, then stood and left. Laughter from the men followed him.
Trevadir rubbed his neck then walked over to Raven. "Let's get to an inn, then I can take a good look at that wound and clean it out. Once I've done that you can head on your way." Trevadir said. Then he made his way down the street without another word to Raven.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 08:31
"You stupid...."

Raven only looked at Trevadir with innocent eyes, yea he had probably been stupid but fighting wasn't right!
"Look, you can't help me, so why don't you leave! I don't need anyone to tell me how to run my life!"

Raven felt a little hurt at that, his once cheerful expression fell, replaced by a sad one. He noticed that the older elf stopped walked back and handed him a cloth, telling him to press it to his wound; and that he would return.
Raven sat down on a chair, doing as instructed by Trevadir. Tuillinn whistled softly, offering him comfort.
"Oh, I do get myself into these sort of things a lot, don't I Tuillin?" The sparrow cocked his tiney head and nestled against his friend's cheek. "At least I have you." Raven said quietly.
Raven looked up and saw Trevadir suddenly flug into a table by the man. Raven's expression darkened considerably.
"Let's get to an inn, then I can take a good look at that wound and clean it out. Once I've done that you can head on your way."

Raven planted his feet into the ground, preventing himself from being moved. He liked this elf, even if it wasn't returned to him. And he was going to help him wanted or not!
"Hey, filth! You shouldn't be picking on my friend!" He shouted, walking up the man. He heard the others laughing but he ignored them. The man moved to attack him. Raven ducked the blow and punched the man-hard-in his stomach. The man grew angry, grabbing Raven's collar, Raven growled and threw himself into the man. Knocking him off his feet.
"If you hurt anyone ever again, I'll come back here and break both your arms!" Raven said, his voice calm and steady with controlled fury.
He punched the man and knocked him out cold. Rose to his feet and walked over to where the older elf was standing.
"Come on, let us go from here." Raven said, glarring angrily back at the man, who was now waking.

[Edited on 15/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 11:29
At first Trevadir tried to stop Raven, but wasn't able to.
Trevadir smirked when he saw Raven fight the man.
"I'm impressed." Trevadir said, that was a great compliment, since he rarely gave them.
Trevadir stopped before they went to the inn ran back to see how Legolas and the others were. He saw one was wounded. "Are you alright?" Trevadir asked. He asked them if they needed any help. "Why don't you come to the inn with us? You can take care of her wounds there." Trevadir suggested.

Once they came to the inn Trevadir paid for a room.
Once in the room Trevadir began to work on Raven's wound. "Someone hit you hard on the head, but I think you'll be fine. It's not too deep." Trevadir said after looking it over.
He wrapped some cloth around his head, because the wound was still bleeding. "There, good as new." Trevadir said, then he walked over to the bed and laid down.
His side was bruised from being thrown into the table, but it did not hurt him too much.
Trevadir could sense Raven staring at him. "You probably want to know who I am and what I am doing around here." Trevadir said, he was staring up at the ceiling. "I am simply a traveller, and that is all you will be getting out of me." Trevadir said simply, he wasn't one to give away information about himself freely.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 15, 2007 12:14
Raven was grateful to be gone from the fight scene. He didn't like it one bit. Some others joined them, the ones he recognised from earlier in the evening.
He sat on the corner of the bed and let Trevadir wash and bind his wound. It stug a bit but he was grinning the entire time. He was pleased to see the older elf not so distant anymore.
Raven watched the elf with curious eyes, holding Tuillinn in one hand and petting him with the other. He had taken some seeds out of his pack and was feeding it to the swallow.
"You probably want to know who I am and what I am doing around here."

"Well, just who you are, I think."
"I am simply a traveller, and that is all you will be getting out of me."

Raven grinned broadly, "No problem! If it bothers you to much, I shall not pry. But if it is depressing you shouldn't let it simmer, people tend to become very depressed and hurt, I shouldn't think that it would be very good." Raven was smiling.
He had a feeling that he was the youngest out of any of the elves here, so he knew that he was the least experianced, but what did he care? He would make everybody be happy and laugh...old people were so depressing, they always wallowed in their own sorrows to the exclusion of all else. Well, Raven wouldn't let this group.
"But surely, you must have some stories. A tale of adventure, or maybe a poem or song from some distant land." He said, again sounding like a bird.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 03:08
Shyrryn rapped on the door of their room and walked in without waiting for a reply. "I brought you some food mister, you look like you need it," she said, putting the tray she had been carrying onto a small table.

"And if you don't mind me asking, what happened?" she added, eyes wide. "I ain't never seen folk like you two in here. I've only seen the respectable ones. Not saying you aren't respectable or anything, mister," Shyrryn said hastily. She twisted her hands together and stood looking at them both, taking in their appearances. Neither of them appeared to have any possessions of value on them, and she hated to keep up the little girl act. But she kept her eyes wide for effect, and tried to look like she was concerned, as a pose to suspicious.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 04:48
(meanwhile, in the bar below)

Gwin surveryed the mess left by the brawl. It looked like a tornado had come through. Followed by a band of orks. Tables and benches were splitered, lamps and glasses smashed and unconscious bodys scatered every where. Gerne was among them. There was blood on his face, but he seemed other wise unhurt. Gwin checked the cut on his forhead that was the source of all the blood; it was very shallow.

"I shall leave you here!" she scolded her obliviouse half-brother, "Maybe you will learn to take care of your self if I refuse to do it." Gwin rased her voive and scowled at the other bodies "I am going to leave you all here. So you can see what you have done and what you will have to pay for! Good night!" she tossed her thick brown braid over her shoulder and flounced out of the bar-room.

Gwin went to her room and readied herself for bed. Just as she drifted into a troubled sleep the thought paased through her mind that she had not seen the hideaus feind of her brothers any where.

Back in the bar a shadow moved among the inert bodies untill he came to Gerne. Wth a malicious chuckle the shaldow plunged a knife into Gerne's chest. Blood spattered on the curved hilt of an elvish hunting knife.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 09:39
Trevadir smiled at Raven, he did have many stories. "I'll tell you a story if you promise to be quiet afterwards so I can get some sleep!" Trevadir said, he chuckled a little.
Then the maiden walked in with some food. Trevadir sat up and looked at the tray, he was very hungry.
Trevadir smiled slightly when he remembered the fight at the bar. "Some man, who was drunk, claimed that some elves killed someone and began to fight. Simple as that." Trevadir said. He ripped a piece of the loaf of bread off and popped it into his mouth.

Then, as he had promised, he began to tell a story. "When I was a young elf, I was alone at that time too, I lived in the great forest of Doriath. A terrible thing happened there, and I don't know if you remember it, but the dwarves attack..." Trevadir continued on the story of when the dwarves attacked and killed many of the Grey elves, just because they wanted the Naglamir, a dwarvish necklace.
Then Trevadir stopped, his memories overwhelmed him. He stopped and laid down. "That's enough story telling for now. You had better rest too." Trevadir said. The memories flooded back in of when he lived in Doriath, before and after his family had lived there.
Trevadir closed his eyes and fell asleep, dreams of his past haunted him.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 10:09
Mirelwen and her friends were in the room beside Trevadir and Raven. she was lying on one of the two beds in the room. Elladan and Elrohir took the floor after piling some blankets and Legolas had the other bed. They were talking of when they could get back to Rivendell and see their friends. She saw Elladan checking a protesting Elrohir and Legolas was asleep, his unseeing opened eyes staring blankly at the ceiling. She knew that those men had other friends that would want revenge, and would probably ambush them when they went to leave. She sighed as she recalled the other times people had done this to them, accuse them of crimes they did not commit, then try to kiill them in the morning. It was sad really,were theynot all Illuvatar's children, so why should we fight and judge each other? Sometimes she really did not understand the race of Men.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 16, 2007 11:49
Raven listened intently to Trevadir's story. He was remarkably able to keep his usually excitable tounge, still. He listened, no he had not been around then. He was very young, barely past his first century, he could sense a sadness in the old elf.
Raven was barely beginning to get tired, but Trevadir had finished his tale.
"That's enough story telling for now. You had better rest too."

Raven nodded but waited, the older elf laid down and went to sleep, he had no blanket so Raven got one and spred it over the elf as gently and as quietly as he could manage. Then he himself found a nice quiet spot, as there were no beds left, and let himself fall into a restful doze, thinking about the story that he had learned that day.
"Good night, mellon nin." He chirped quietly to his little sparrow companion. He recieved no reply as the little bird was already tucked under his wing, fast asleep. Raven smiled and drifted off completely.

[Edited on 16/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 17, 2007 07:13
Shyrryn looked at Trevadir quickly before leaving the room. She ran out of the door of the inn, and looked up and down the street. "Shyrryn, you're shift's not over!" yelled a voice from behind her. So she ran straight to the nearest bar, and pushed open the door.

Then she saw the littering of bodies, and put her hands over her mouth. There was a figure standing there, and she looked at him, her eyes wide. She felt like she was about to be sick. "What happened here..." she said to herself. "You! What did you do here?" Shyrryn strode into the room, stepping over an unconcious body, forgetting her nausea.

((Roklem_is_not_melkor, if you can join in here....))

[Edited on 17/1/2007 by bow_and_arrow]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 10:33
Trevadir felt something was missing as he slept, something was not right.
Trevadir woke with a start and ran to his pack, which he had thrown into a corner. He had placed his sword in it's sheath in the corner as well. Trevadir remembered putting his hunting knife in it's sheath into his pack, but when he pulled out the sheath it was empty.
Trevadir looked to see if it had fallen out, but it seemed to have just disappeared. Then Trevadir smacked his forehead with his hand. He had worn it during the fight at the tavern, he probably lost it there. "I'll look for it in the morning." Trevadir said, then he walked back to his bed and fell asleep.

[Edited on 18/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 18, 2007 11:53
Raven opened a weary eye as he felt something brush past him. It was only Trevadir, he seemed to be looking for something. The older elf paused, then smacked his forehead with his hand, Raven turned over on his side and fell back into slumber.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 01:09
(Exactly what I am thinking of , bow!)

Illian was walking along the street, looking for a place to relax.
He had had a long journey, and now it's time for a pause.

The village was quite small, so there wasn't much difficulty to find a bar.

'Ah, nice beer and warm fire!' he thought.

But when Illian entered the building, he found the least expected.
'What's going on here? Why are there so many...bodies?', he muttered to himself. He forced himself to endure the sight, and drew out his long sword.

'I might as well navigate this place a bit...', Illian thought, but even he himself doubted if he had the courage to do so.

Just then, he heard a female voice calling him from behind...

"You! What did you do here?"

Turning around, he saw a women, shaking in fear. Not sure about if she was a friend or foe, Illian pointed his sword towards her, and slowly approached her.

'I thought it's me who should ask this question.' , he hissed

OOC:I hope i didn't interpret 'bar' wrongly!!! Srry for any mistakes!
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 05:46
Shyrryn's hands curled instinctively into fists. She silently cursed herself for leaving her sword in the inn. She had enough of pretending to be young or innocent.

"Yes, you look very scary," she said sarcastically. "But what did you do here? I knew there was a fight, but that man has been stabbed. And that," she pointed to the knife embedded in the man with a booted foot, "is an Elvish blade." Shyrryn put her head on one side, her eyes narrowed, glaring at the man. "Shyrryn," she said, stepping forward and holding out her right hand.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 11:31
Raven could not find sleep again. He had tossed and turned for some time before he had finally given up. He sat up in bed for a moment, collecting his thoughts. He thought that he heard voices downstairs. Well, maybe he wuld get something cool to drink and that would calm him.

Raven rose to his feet and slipped on his boots, careful not to wake Trevadir, then walked out of the room, silently closing the door behind him. He walked down the stairs, and sensed that something wasn't right. The scent of blood assulted him and Raven recoiled slightly.

He cautiously drew his hunting dagger and walked out into the open. He saw the corpses of people lying about the place. Waves of nausea hit him harder then the smell of blood ever could, but somehow he managed to hold his lunch down.

He looked at the two people standing their, another elf, and the bar maid who had brought them food.

"What is going on here?" He demanded angrily. Not darring to step onto the floor.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 20, 2007 09:55
When Raven came in, she ignored him. Shyrryn could hear the anger in his voice, but she could also hear his fear and nausea. She kept her hand out, wondering whether the Elf would introduce himself and shake, or no.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 12:50
The commotion brought Gwin awake with a start. The noise was not loud like it usually was when the bartender found that his bar had been trashed, but ominously low and threatening. She dressed hurriedly and went out to the bar-room. The room was still in shambles with the odd unconscious man lying among the wreckage. Now there was a small knot of elves and men gathered aroundsomething. She pushed her way through the group and froze at what she saw; the body of a man with a knife protruding from his chest.
At first Gwin did not realize who it was, for she had gone light-headed and everything had been surrounded by a white haze. Her vision cleared, momentarily; the red spots on Gerne’s chest filled her vision, and she fainted
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 01:43
(You posted the same thing twice Eleiel, could you delete one of them?)

The next morning Trevadir woke just as the sun was sending it's rays of warmth into the sky.
Trevadir noticed that Raven was missing. He rolled his eyes and went to look for him.
He saw a small gathering in the tavern, then he remembered that his knife was missing and wanted to look for it.
"Raven, there you are. What is everyone doing down here?" Trevadir asked. Then he saw a man holding his knife. "That's my knife, where did you find it?" Trevadir said, he immdiately realized that was the wrong thing to say, for there was blood on his blade.
Trevadir took a step back. "You killed Gerne!?" The man shouted angrily. Trevadir backed up nervously. "No, I was asleep all night, and why would I kill a man?" Trevadir said, trying to defend himself. The man backed him up against the wall. "You were one of them elves that was fighting, you probably had a grudge against him and stabbed him during the night! You scum!" The man shouted. Trevadir had never been in such a helpless position. He looked at Raven, he was trying to see if anyone would put in a good word for him before he was bashed into the ground.
"I would stab you with your own blade, but I'd rather see you suffer!" The man said, he had an evil smile. "I had nothing against that man!" Trevadir shouted, he was very angry at being so falsely accused.
The man put both of his huge hands on Trevadir's neck, gripping tightly. "Maybe I should just strangle you now." The man said in a low voice, mainly just so Trevadir could hear, but there were other elves in the room.
Trevadir gripped the man's large hands, trying to loosen them. He looked over at Raven again, pleading with his eyes because he could not speak for the man's grip was becoming tighter and tighter.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 02:23
Raven saw the woman faint, he ran over and caught her before she fell, gently lowering her onto the ground away from the bodies. His face was ashen with disgust. He looked up with anger-filled eyes at the two. When Trevadir suddenly came down.

Was it really Trevadir's dagger? No, Trevadir had been upstairs with him all night. He could not have murdered those people. A man, the one holding the dagger, was suddenly at the older elf's throat.

"Hey, let him go, he did no such thing that you are accusing him of." But his words were ignored, the man started to strangle the older elf.

Raven grew angry, he ran at the man, barely noticing the glance that Trevadir threw at him, he did not need it to know that this was wrong. He grabbed the man and threw him off of his older companion. His smile had vanished, replaced by a face of stone and hatred.

"Trevadir is innocent. I was with him the entire night, upstairs. You judge the man wrongly." His voice was icy, and it wavered with his barely controlled fury. "If you try to harm him, I swear it, the pain inflicted will be returned ten fold." The note of his voice left no doubt that he would do so.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 02:42
"All you elves are alike! You would defend your own kind even if it meant to leave the killer alive." The man said, but he backed down.
Trevadir put his hand on Raven's shoulder. "Thank you Raven." He whispered. Trevadir started to leave, he didn't want his dagger anymore. The man grabbed his shoulder. "You won't be leaving scum. I won't harm you but you will be given a trial." The man said. Trevadir rolled his eyes, it would obviously be an unfair trial, but he knew he would have to stay, there was no way anyone would let him out now.

Trevadir was locked up in a cold store room, but being an elf the cold didn't bother him what did bother him was the fact that he was locked up in a town that had no prisons.
Trevadir sat on a wooden crate and had his arms crossed across his chest, he stared at the ground angrily.
He said many things under his breath that he would never say out loud, but he was so mad now he didn't care.
"How could one stupid hunting knife get me into all this trouble, and who in the world would have stolen my knife for that purpose." Trevadir grumbled. He thought at first that it could have been just a coincindence that someone had used his knife, but maybe it wasn't, maybe someone had something against him. Trevadir raised his head at these thoughts. "Is someone out to get me? Do I have an enemy?" Trevadir wondered aloud.

[Edited on 22/1/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 21, 2007 06:08
Raven growled at the man, he heard the whisper of his bird friend, 'Do not do anything yet, it is to dangerous and will be concieved as an admission of guilt if you try to help Trevadir escape.' Raven nodded and twittered back, "Very well, but I shall go to him anyway, he needs someone to defend him, and I guess I best serve as a witness."
He noticed the odd stares he earned but only shrugged his shoulders.

That night he found the cellar where Trevadir was being kept, quieter then a mouse he opened the door and snuck into the small room. It was dank, cold, and dark; Raven foun dhimself quite uncomfortable in this place.

"Trevadir!" He whispered as loudly as he dared.

He spotted the old elf, and went to sit down beside him, "I can't help you escape, it would only be an admission of guilt, which I know you are not....guilty, I mean. But I've come to tell you that I'll be serving as a witness for you. Keep your chin up, if worst comes to worst we'll break you out of here." Raven was smiling broadly.

"I'll see you in the morning, farewell until then. Here..." Raven handed the elf a large peice of Lembas bread, something he tried to carry with him at all times. He had figured that Trevadir would be given little, if no food at all. And it would be poor.

Raven left the way he came, re-locking the door to the cellar and heading off to await the impending trial.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 05:27
Gwinhifyra awoke on her bed in the back room, the owner of the Tavern sitting next to her.
“I am very sorry about you brother.” He said with a shrug, “ but the elf who did it to him has been captured and locked in the store room. The stupid creature! He claimed that it he did not kill Gerne. Well, who else would do it!?” the man subsided for a moment, muttering dire threats under his breath. Gwin tried to sit up, but nothing would stay focused, and she felt terribly light headed.
“Don’t try to get up.” The man said, he smiled broadly, “I have decided to give you a week off, to burry your brother and all that. And you shall probably want to be at the trial and execution of Gerne’s murderer.” He continued to grin, as if delighted with his own generosity.
“Thank you.” Gwin whispered. The Tavern owner laughed, highly pleased and left her alone.
Three days! Gwin thought disgustedly, if that man had any decency in him he would give at lest two weeks. She went to the water pitcher and washed her face. She was not overly fond of her half brother, but his death shocked frightened her.
Gwin took a deep breath; she could not wait the trial to find out what happened. And if this elf was innocent as he said he was, the real killer had to be found.

It was not hard to find the store-room the elf was locked in; there was only one store room that would hold him. She carefully unbolted the door and opened it. A current of cold air made her eyes water for a second. Then she saw her brother possible killer. He was a tall, blonde elf with a certain quiet, cold dignity that did nothing to dampen her fears at being in so close a proximity to a possible murderer.
“Sir,” she said, as calmly as she could, though behind her back her clenched hands were shaking. “I have been told that you claim not to have killed my half-brother. I do not say one way or another, but I want to know the truth. You shall be tried in the morning, so you had best explain yourself to me now.”
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 06:56
Trevadir looked up at the maiden who had walked in.
You could see the anger in his eyes, he knew the maiden was afraid of him.
"You want the truth?" Trevadir asked, he was surprised that anyone cared what he said.
"The truth is I was sleeping upstairs all night, I only woke once to see where I had put my knife but it was missing. I thought I had lost it during the fight at the tavern so I decided to go looking for it in the morning." Trevadir explained.
Then Trevadir went silent. His angry thoughts swept over him. In all his years of being on this earth he had never once been called a murderer. "A theif they have called me, but never a murderer." Trevadir whispered.
Then he looked up in surprise. "What do you want? Haven't I told you all you wanted to know?" Trevadir asked, his voice was rough.
Then Trevadir covered his face with his hands, the door shut and the maiden was gone, he was left alone in the dark again.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email