Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Travellers Tales. KEEP
on: January 31, 2007 10:14
Raven suddenly gasped as he was seized and held tightly. He kicked and fought but to little avail.

"Stop struggling, it will only make it worse for you." Raven stopped, startled.

"What is the meaning of this?" He demanded angrily.

"Your friend, Trevadir he is called? Well, he is going to be given 14 days to find the murderer. If he doesn't find him, you will be executed in his place, the same goes if he tries to run. So please, do not make this any more difficult for us."

Raven did not know what to do then. He tried to plant his feet int he ground, tried to stop this madness, but it was to little avail. He was dragged to the cellar where Trevadir was kept. Raven noticed that Trevadir was already on his way out, and when he saw Raven he seemed troubled.

Raven fell to the floor heavily, bumping his already cut head on a crate. He sat up, rubbing his forehead to drive away the headache he had gained from the fall.

"I'll find him Raven, you'll be out of here in no time at all."

Raven could only watch, feeling frightened for his friends, would they be alright? Would they survive? He also felt frightened for himself. Was he really going to be killed if Trevadir did not find the murderer? Probably.

"Tuillin, go with Trevadir, keep him safe for me." The little swallow chirped once and flew after Trevadir.

The door was shut, and Raven curled up tightly, feeling scarred, worried, and downright upset. This should not be happening, none of it should have.They should not be persecuted like this.

"Valar help us all." He whispered quietly to the darkness.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 12:14

“Friends,” Gwin cried, “I am glad that some many of you have come to see justice brought to the killer of my brother.” The crowd roared, but she couldn’t tell it was agreement or insults about elves. She raised her hands again and they calmed down. “I too want justice, and I mean to get it!” They roared again, in definite agreement this time, “But the elf has not admitted to the crime and we have only one bit of evidence, and therefore we cannot, by the new law, condemn him to death. My Friends, I propose a swift and easy way to bring down justice; make the elf prove his innocence or guilt. He claimes that he did not kill Gerne, so release him and make him find the real killer, or give him self up to be killed!” Gwinhifyra did not expect this last bit to come over very well, and she was right. The crowd had seemed supportive of her but now they drew back.

“How do we know he will stay, and not just flee?” a man shouted.

Gwin sighed; she had rather hoped that no one would think of that. It was a cruel thing she was about to do; “Then we must imprison someone else in his stead! A collateral, if the elf Trevadir runs we can execute this elf in his stead. Perhaps his companion, the one they call Raven.”

Hearing this, Illian understood that any attempt to rescue the prisoner would probably make things worse. If he wanted to help , he had to join Trevadir and his companions, and hunt down the murderer.

Looking around, he searched for Trevadir, but couldn't find him.

'Nevermind! They will need to leave the town anyway, and the humans surely won't just let them leave so quietly! It'll not be hard to track them.'

Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 05:16
Gwinhifyra watched as Travadir left the building. His eye was black and slightly swollen, dried blood covered his face. He looked very evil. Gwin shivered; I hope I have done the right thing.

The small group passed on, and Gwin went back the way they had come. The way down to the cellar was dark, and in her nervous state Gwin half expected to come upon a group of trolls.

What she encountered was a pair of elves. As she came around the last corner, they sprang out of the shadows to black her path. Gwin clamped a hand over her mouth to keep herself from screaming.
The elves were so alike she almost thought that her sight was mistaken. One had his hand upon the hilt of his sword.

Gwin lowered her hand a drew a shaky breath, “My lords, I came to see the one they call Raven.”

[Edited on 1/2/2007 by Eleiel]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 01, 2007 05:53
Trevadir spent a short time resting in the inn. His mind could not be quieted, he had to find Wyclif and he didn't want to waste any time, Raven's life was on the line.
Trevadir washed the dried blood off his face then made his way outside.
He walked down the street, everyone glared at him, some women hid their children behind their skirts when he came near.
Trevadir just continued to look around, he didn't bother to ask anyone if they had seen him.
Then as he walked he bumped into someone. "Excuse me." Trevadir said, he backed up to look at the person he had run into. Another elf? Trevadir thought.
"Hello friend, what brings you here?" Trevadir asked. There was something familiar about this elf, as if he had met him years ago.

(they can meet here Roklem, let the tension begin)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 05:07
(Great, looking forward to it )

Illian was about to tell Trevadir his name and his intention to assist him, when he noticed that...this elf looked vaguely familiar. Suspicion and doubt grew in Illian's heart.

'My name is Illian and why I'm here is not relevant. You're going to track down the murderer, right? Surely you will need help.', he answered, and forcing a smile on his face.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 08:21
Trevadir looked at him suspiciously for a minute.
"Alright, you wish to help you and therefore I cannot deny you." Trevadir said.
"I am looking for a man named Wyclif. A long time ago I got him into jail and now he's out and looking for me." Trevadir whispered so only an elf could hear.
"I have some other friends that plan to help me as well, follow me." Trevadir said, then he led him to the inn.
The whole time they walked Trevadir tried to get a better look at the elf, he knew he had seen him somewhere in his past, and it wasn't a good memory.
Trevadir shuddered, something wasn't right about him, but he couldn't tell what it was.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 10:39
Elladan and Elrohir stepped aside so the woman could pass. They followed her down to the cellar nonetheless, niether dared to go against Mirelwen's wishes. They had tried once, and it had nearly cost her life and another's. Meanwhile, Legolas watched the two Elves as they met, and there seemed to be tension between them. HE stepped up and introduced himself to Illian. MIrelwen came up out of the shadows where she had finished rolling up excess bandages and she had them in her hand.
"I am MIrelwen, one of the Elves helping Trevadir. It will be good to have another here in our hunt." Her words were quiet and almost breathily whispered, she was trying to keep from hurting too much. She held her hand out in greeting, bringing it from her heart and bowing as she did so, in the way of Elves. Legolas gently but firmly pushed her onto a seat where she would be still, even if only for a few moments.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 11:07
Raven looked up upon hearing the door open. He did not move from his place, he did not have the heart to. Right now he was contemplating how he had gotten into this mess, and how he could get himself and his new friends out of it.

He looked and saw a woman standing there, along with Elladan and Elrohir close behind her. He looked at each of them curiously.

"Can I help you?" He asked her without any of his previous good natured cheerfulness.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 05:32
The door opened noiselessly to Gwin’s push. Inside was cold and filled with shadows. What a horrible, depressing place. A flat voice emerged from the shadows

"Can I help you?" He asked her without any of his previous good natured cheerfulness.

The difference between the voice that spoke to her now and the one she had heard at the tavern was like a reproach to her inability to improve the situation. Gwin took a few steps forward and fixed her eyes on the shadowy elf. “I am sorry. It is my fault that you have been locked up in here. I don’t think that Trevadir killed my brother, but some one did and that person has to be found. I suggested they replace him with you…” Her voice had started quietly but it slowly rose and lost lucidness. She paused and scrubbed here eyes with her sleeve. “I came to say that I am sorry for getting you in to this mess, but I think it was the only way. Is there any way that I could help you, or…or Trevadir”
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 02, 2007 05:59
Raven listened to the woman's words kindly. He had never been quick to jump on a person for any reason. But when he heard that it had been her who had suggested to lock him up he had to bite his lip for fear that his horror would show.

“I came to say that I am sorry for getting you in to this mess, but I think it was the only way. Is there any way that I could help you, or…or Trevadir”

Raven shook his head, covering his face with his hands, "Oh Valar...." He whispered, his voice very tight with fear, horror, and realisation.

He took a moment to regain some of his composure but it barely worked.

"Do you think that by murdering one elf over another that it will make any difference? Do you think, that by freeing Trevadir, and replacing him with another, that your concience will be spared the horror of murder? We would have found an answer! You have only made more trouble for yourself. For by your decision to put me in here, you are directly tied into murder. If I die, you helped them to murder me; where before you would have not been involved. Now get out of here! If you had any decency you would be helping Trevadir solve this...just leave me be!"

Raven's eyes were tear filled. His voice choked up. But still his anger and horror at this made his mind sharp and clear. He saw Tuillin fly in through the open door and settle somewhere near at hand. raven ignored the little bird for the moment, he could not believe that she would have done something like that.

He buried his head in his hands, weeping. This was not right! No one should have been accused, and now they all would probably die. He heard Tuillin's soft chirps nearby but again he ignored them. Lost in misery, Raven silently prayed to the Valar for help, for anything.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2007 08:24
Trevadir knew no time could be wasted in this hunt for the murderer.
He set off immdiately, and he had asked to go alone.
As soon as he was clear of the inn he felt someone following him, he knew they wouldn't let him go alone.

Trevadir slipped in and out of the alleys, he walked into buldings and looked around, although most of the time he was unwelcome and sent out.

The day seemed to be passing quickly, Trevadir knew he was running out of time.
Then he saw a shady figure rush by. Trevadir ran after the figure, but he felt someone grab him from behind.
Trevadir turned with all his strength and punched the person that had him, without looking to see who it was first.

Trevadir's mouth fell open when he saw that he had just punched Illian. Trevadir helped him up, but glared at him.
"Why did you stop me?! I was sure I just saw Wyclif, I could have caught him and the whole thing could have been finished and Raven would be set free." Trevadir said angrily.
He folded his arms across his chest and glared at Illian, waiting for an answer.

(sorry to put you in the spot Roklem, I needed someone and I thought maybe they could start to slowly figure out who each other are.)

Just so you guys know, Bow and Arrow is having trouble getting online right now and she just wants us to slow down so that she doesn't get left behind. You can still post but lets do it at a slower rate. Sorry if this is inconvient.

[Edited on 4/2/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 11:37
"Do you think that by murdering one elf over another that it will make any difference? Do you think, that by freeing Trevadir, and replacing him with another, that your concience will be spared the horror of murder? We would have found an answer! You have only made more trouble for yourself..."

“No!” Gwin cried wringing her hands, “I did not mean it that way! I had no thoughts for myself! If Trevadir can find out who did it, you would be set free. If he does not, he will be killed! It is only if he flees that you will be killed. It was the only way to convince the people to set him free!” she felt the despair and the despising of the Raven. It cut her like a knife.

....just leave me be!

Gwinhifyra drew herself up proudly; her meddling kindness might be rejected, but they needed her all the same. “I shall leave you here, elf. No doubt some of your friends will be more willing to except my help. I know this town, and these people. I know the land around for miles and miles. Whether you wish it or not, you, and Trevadir, need my help!” the momentary heat of her anger passed on a quickly as it came. It left her cold, and ashamed.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 04, 2007 01:15
Raven looked up at her again, sorrow in his eyes. He did not understand it all. He covered his face with a slender hand, trying to gain a hold upon his emotions.

"I...I'm sorry I lashed out like that." Raven said, his voice shaky, and choked up, "I know you were trying to help...I...I am just frightened. I do not know Trevadir well, I only just met him. Can I trust him to try and help me? I do not know anymore. I just...I almost wish I had never come here. I do not want to die." Raven said softly. Tuillin flew about him, chirping gentle words of comfort and this time Raven heard him.

"I am sorry...I did not want to make anyone upset. I have never been held prisoner before, I am young, unlike the other elves in my party I am but a youth. I guess I still base my actions on my feelings to much...I don't even know why I am telling you this." Raven shook his head, laughing slightly through his tears.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 11:44
Gwin sank to her knees so she could see his face better. It did not work very well because the shadows were very heavy. "I do not understand either. And I am terrified of the possibilities. I do not yet know why I want to help this man. He is not of my people, nor has he spoken even a kind word to me." she was silent for a moment, absentmindedly rubbed her cold hands together.

“I do not have the excuse of being young. It is my stepmother’s opinion that I should be married with a child in my arms.” Gwin pressed her palms together and shook her head. “I am sorry, that is not important.” She glanced back at the twin elves still standing at the door. “I see you will be well taken care of; though I do not think any one else will try to harm you.” Gwin paused again, she suddenly felt very awkward; like having two thumbs on one hand.

She scrambled to her feet; “I am going to make a nuisance of my self to Trevadir.” she smiled bitterly, then sighed. “Is there any thing that I can do for you, to make your….stay…here more endurable?”

[Edited on 5/2/2007 by Eleiel]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 05, 2007 02:11
Raven looked up at Gwin, a small smile upon his face.

"You are younger then even I. I do not even have family to tell me to hurry up and marry. Do not feel bad about that. It is not something I desire. But as to how you can help me...if you could take Tuillin with you, and send him back if you get any leads...he could keep me informed of how things are going." He whistled his request to the little bird and so the swalow flew over, and lighted on Gwin's shoulder.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 01:08
Illian grimaced at the blow, though he tried not to. He struggled to stand up straight (still coughing 'cause of the punch) and said...

'What? You w..want to catch him without a weapon? I saw...hi..him on my way here--he is not alone. If I didn't 'show' them my sword, they would have robbed me!'

Looking at the vaguely familiar Travedir, Illian found himself distrust him. Whenever they had met before, it had not been a good experience.
But at the moment , he should focus on his task at hand.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 04:23
MIrelwen listened to Illian and heard what he had to say about the men. She raised an eyebrow at his words when he mentioned the men. "I am not suprised, these men always must have friends by them. I have ben in a situation close to this, but I had the rougher end so to speak. At least all of us are alive, and not dying, that tends to make things much worse." Her eyes glazed over as she thought of her experience with men such as these. Legolas went to Trevadir and stood by him. "So, what are our plans for cathcing this man, and will we be working together in a trusting manner?" He had seen the unease in both Elves faces and did not wish for them to do anything they would regret.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 05:29
"I will trust my friends." Trevadir said coldly.
"As for catching this man, he is not easy and I know that for I have done it once before and it took much planning. He is as sly as a fox and can get himself out of almost impossible situtations, he doesn't seem like the mere mortal he is." Trevadir explained. Memories flooded back into his mind of the day he met Wyclif, and the days it took it catch him.
"I guess I should thank you for stopping me Illian, he would have killed me on the spot if he saw me alone.I guess I just was worried about Raven and I wanted him out of trouble as soon as possible." Trevadir admitted, although he still didn't want to trust this elf.
"I say we head back to the inn and maybe try to think of a plan, we need to find out more about where he is and what he is doing in this town." Trevadir said.

As they walked back to the inn Trevadir kept searching through his memories to find the figure that matched Illian.
He went back as far as he was comfortable with, but still he couldn't figure out who Illian was.
So he tried to remember the worst day of his life, the kinslaying.
A message came to the Sindarin elves in the forest of Doriath. The King read it aloud to his people, it told about the coming of the Noldor and the slaying of the Teleri.
Young Trevadir slipped through the crowd, his mind was buzzing with thoughts, why would the Noldor destroy their kin? "They are asking for war!" One elf shouted angrily.
Trevadir felt his heart sink sadly. He had never been fond of war.

The very next day Trevadir was wandering alone throught he forest when he saw another elf who seemed quite lost.
"Suilad mellon." Trevadir called to him. "Are you lost?
When he came closer ot the elf he could see that this elf had the looks of the Noldorien elves, the strong facial features and everything about him made him look authoritative.
Anger boiled in Trevadir as he remembered the news they received yesterday. "You are not welcome." Trevadir said as he folded his arms across his chest. He seemed much smaller in comparison to the Noldor elf before him, although Trevadfir could see that he was maybe only a year older than the Noldor elf.

Trevadir was lost in his thoughts and almost walked right passed the inn.
When he came inside he asked to be alone so that he could continued with his thoughts, he knew he had found out who Illian was, but he wanted to remember everytihng about him before he jugded him.

(Roklem, I hope this works with you. You can continue the flashback from Illian's point of view.)
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 07, 2007 08:26
The sparrow fluttered about her, landing every now and then on her shoulder or head. Raven had told her to send him messages by the bird. Did that mean that the bird could understand the common tongue? Gwin decided to find out. “Well, my little friend, I am trying to find an elf called Trevadir, can you find him?” The sparrow looked at her with his head cocked to one side, then zipped away. Gwin grimaced, wondering if he would be able to find her again.

Gwin looked around her. She was in a narrow street that was filled with shadows despite the fact that the sun had just passed its zenith. The houses were shaby and rundown. It was not a road she would have chosen to walk down it she had deen paying attention.

Running foot steps sounded down the lane, Gwin quickly ducked into a doorway. As the runner came closer he slowed down to a trot. His footfalls were quiet, and she could not heard him panting. He passed Gwin’s door without glancing at her; then he looked back. As he glanced over his shoulder a random shaft of sunlight fell on his face, his twisted and scarred face. That was the man who sat with her brother, the night he died.

Gwin dared not let out a breath until he passed out of her sight. Suddenly she felt as if her stomach had been put in an iron lung. A chirrup above her drew her attention; Raven’s sparrow sat on the windowsill. He flew down and took a few strand of her hair in his beak and tugged. Still slightly dazed Gwin followed him back to the inn.

Inside was quiet, in the corner stood three elves. The bird seemed to be doing a hornpipe on her head.

“Excuse me sirs, and madam. I am looking for the elf Trevadir, do you know where I might find him?”
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 08, 2007 10:27
Shyrryn saw the maiden come in from the upstairs window and leapt down the stairs two at a time, smoothing her hair down and brushing the creases out of her clothes. She stopped just before the door to the main room of the inn and walked into the room. She heard the maiden ask for Trevadir, and recognised the name of the Elf accused of murder. Everything was so mixed up, she just wanted to earn enough money to travel away from the village. "Anything to drink, miss?" she asked, looking from her to the Elves. But she was preoccupied, an idea was forming in her head.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 09, 2007 06:54
Who is he? Illian thought, thinking of Travedir. He kept on searching through his memories, until he remembered...the kinslaying.

**Flash-back***
I hate to kill anything--not to mention my kind. The Kinslaying was a big mistake in my life. I still remember the blood on my sword, and those who fell prey to it.

Anyway, I came to Middle Earth through the Grinding Ice. A lot died during the attempt. My friends, my brother, and many others, all perished. But at last, we succeeded, surviving the crossing.

The lords tried to conceal the Kinslaying from our kin in ME. Alas, they failed. I went into the woods of Doriath with the sons of Finarfin, and faced the wrath of Elwe.

Nevertheless, the forest was splendid. Thus I stayed behind--for a while. I soon lost my way among the trees, until a Sindar came along.

Travedir he named himself. He named me...'kin slayer'...I just couldn't stand that (though it's true) , and retorted back, calling him 'weakling'.
Fierce words were spoken, and swords were soon drawn. Before long I had my blade pointing at his throat, and would have killed him if not some guards interfered. I still remember Travedir's face, so full of anger and hate...

I hate what I have done.

Now he's here, what should I do? I hope I know the answer...

[Edited on 9/2/2007 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]

[Edited on 9/2/2007 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]

[Edited on 14/2/2007 by Roklem_is_not_Melkor]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 12, 2007 05:40
Raven sat alone in the dark, shivering. He missed the forest, and the streams, he missed the bird's lively chatter, and the deer and foxes. He missed the waterfalls, and the mountains. A homeless wanderer, a loner, he had grown up in Rivendell but he had never known his parents.

He did not even know what had become of them, they had left one day and never returned, or so he had been told. Raven began to doodle in the dust that had settled on the floor. He drew a mother, and a father, both playing with their child as they walked through a forest. Raven was not even aware of this.

"I wonder what a mother's hand is like." He said aloud in barely a whisper. What was it like?

Raven leaned back, since when did he think such sad thoughts? Perhaps he was running from them. Perhaps his cheer was merely a cover for the hurt he had suffered all these years. Who was he, really?

Raven let himself fall into a deep sleep, he would be here a while, he figured, he had best get as much rest as he could.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 09:36
Trevadir soon awoke from his thoughts, he knew who Illian was now, and he was angry and afraid to see him again.

Trevadir soon left his room and walked down to find the others.
When he came to where they were he heard the maiden ask for him. "I'm right here, what is it you want?" Trevadir asked.
He looked and waited for her to answer, but she hesitated.
"If you want we can speak alone." Trevadir suggested, but he was sure she wouldn't want to be alone with a killer, or at least they thought he was one.
Trevadir's mind was still flooded with the evil memories of the kinslaying, they didn't seem to want to leave him.
"Well, come on. We don't have all day." Trevadir said impatiently. He touched a scar that went from above his right eyebrow to almost the middle of his forehead, he figured it would be there for a long time if not forever.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 10:23
“Come now, we haven’t gat all day.” His impatient voice rang in her ears. Gwin lifted her chin proudly and followed Trevadir into his room. As he shut the door panic well up in her, this is madness! She cast a glance at the elf and smothered her fear.

“Trevadir, I have come to offer my help.” Gwin paused, expecting Trevadir to question what sort of help she could give. He did not even blink; after a second her motioned her to sit down in the chair, and took a seat on the bed.

Gwin took a deep breath, “As I was coming here a man ran past me. He was tall, perhaps fifty years of age, and his face was disfigured with scars. He was dining with my half brother the night he was killed.”
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 10:37
Trevadir's eyes widened, that was Wyclif.
"That is the man that killed your brother, I know this is true. I met him years ago and got him put in prison, thats why he wants to kill me." Trevadir explained to her.
"You keep an eye out for him, if you see him let me know." Trevadir said, then he stood without another word to her and walked out to Legolas and Mirelwen and the twins.

"She saw him, she saw Wyclif. I told her to keep an eye out for him." Trevadir said.
Then he saw Illian coming walking around, Trevadir suddenly became stiff.
He turned and walked outside.

He leaned on a wall and covered his face, he couldn't go near Illian, anger boiled in him when he saw him and he was afraid he really would murder him if he got the chance.
"No, I would never murder anyone. I do not have that kind of heart, at least I don't think I do." Trevadir whispered.

"You are not welcome here." Trevadir said again.
The Noldor elf seemed to not want to move and this made Trevadir angry. "Get out!" Trevadir shouted.
Trevadir glared at the silent elf. "You are nothing but the evil that serves Morgoth himself, Feanor has been corrupted by Morgoth and he had corrupted you all!" Trevadir shouted in his anger.
Then the Noldor elf insulted him as well and the two of them began to fight.
Trevadir was much smaller than the Noldor elf he was fighting though, and he was losing fast.
Then two guards heard the fighting and rushed over.
They quickly pulled the two young elves apart.
"You will pay for the evil you have done!" Trevadir shouted, then he was taken back to Menegroth by the guards.

Trevadir remembered the punishment he received from his parents, he was happy that day for his parents realized he was there long enough to punish him, any other day he would have been nothing in their eyes.
Trevadir sighed. He stood out there, not wanting to go back inside, he wanted to find Wyclif and free Raven.
But he did not move, he would have to wait for Legolas and the others to help him along anyway, he couldn't do it alone.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 13, 2007 10:10
Shyrryn was looking for Trevadir to ask if he needed more help than he had recieved already, but instead she came across Raven asleep. There was a drawing on the floor in front of him, and Shyrryn looked at it, confused. She moved round next to Raven and looked at it again. When she recognised what it was, her hand came up to her mouth. There was a strange pang in her chest. She could not help but think of what her own parents maybe had been like, though she had not known them.

Shyrryn sat there next to the sleeping Raven, looking down at the picture with tears in her eyes.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 12:00
Raven felt someone enter the cell he was in. He kept his eyes shut, maybe they would go away. But they didn't. Raven opened one eye and looked at the girl who was there, Shyrryn...he thought wa sher name. She was looking at the drawing he had done in the sand.

"You do not have a family also?" He asked quietly.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 14, 2007 10:17
"No," Shyrryn said equally quietly. "Both of my parents were lost to war two years after I was born, so I moved here as soon as I was old enough to find work and earn enough money to be able to buy a horse and travel. It doesn't stop me from missing them, though," she said, still looking at the picture. "I pretend to be able to look after myself, to learn new things, to be cheerful all the time, just to block it out. It doesn't always work. I just want to know what it is like, to have a family..." her voice trailed off.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 08:51
"I do not know when I lost my parents, I think that I was barely a few months into life, or so I have been told. But no one ever told me what happened to them. Why they left, or why they disapeared without a trace. They left nothing...I could not follow them." Raven leaned his head against the wall.

"I am incurably optamistic, or so I have been told, and I try to make the best out of life. I do not have a family, and I see so many others who do have them taking it for granted...I guess I am akin to you in the sense that I too want to know what a family is like. And that I block things out that I don't want to hear. This village has frightened me more then anything. I am not used to such cruelty."

Raven smiled weakly at Shyrryn. "But there are good things in life, and that is why you have to keep smiling."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 10:00
Mirelwen walked with Trevadir and she sighed a weighted, drawn out sigh, as if bored and not there in mind. "So, what type of trap shall we lay for the scum, and when are we going to excecute the plan, if we have one?" She looked at Trevadir, but stopped walking when she saw him against a wall, then her eyes caught sight of Illian. Legolas was by her side and looking at Trevadir with a concerned look on his face.
(sorry, no time. My mom has a meeting with a parent and I have to leave.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 10:24
(Don't worry about it Elfalas)

Trevadir looked up at his friends.
"Fearful memories have entered my mind, dark memories." Trevadir whispered.
"I will explain to you in full what I mean later tonight, when we are resting in our room." Trevadir said, he was still thinking over what he knew.
"As for the plan, we have to catch him off guard, I think that is the only way we can get him. But we must be wary, he is very dangerous." Trevadir said.

When Illian came over to them Trevadir felt anger and fear.
"What business do you have here, and why have you really come?" Trevadir asked, a hint of anger in his voice.
Then a though entered his mind that he had never thought of before, why shouldn't he just finish the fight the two elves had had years ago, ages ago.
Trevadir was older now and about the same height, even though Illian still seemed the taller of the two.
Trevadir could probably beat him with his skill, but then he would really be called a murderer, and he would be killed and there would be no hope for Raven.
Trevadir pushed those thoughts into the back of his mind, he wouldn't have the strength, at least not yet.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 11:41
For a second Gwin was completely stunned; could it be this easy? As easy as picking daisies? but some daisies are very tough to pick.

Suddenly she felt angry, an irrational anger that needed an outlet and did not care whom it fastened on; Trevadir. What right has he to leave with out giving me an explanation! His life in not the only one that is affected by this! Raven’s life… and mine.

Gwin lept to her feet, half wanting to race after the elf. Then she smiled and settled down on the edge of the bed. He would come back; really this room was the only haven he had. So she could not miss anything important.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 12:01
(I thought it would be better if I managed these people in different posts, I hope thats alright.)

Wyclif walked quietly along the street. A smile twisting his cruel face; he was paying a visit to the wife of a friend of his. It was this friend who made the opportunity to extract his revenge in a more satisfying way. He came to a small house looking insignificant next the large buildings on either side of it. The stone step was scrubbed spotless and the door was painted a lovely shade of dark green.

Leaning over Wyclif knocked on the door sharply; inside there were scrabbling noises and a small child crying. After a few minuets the door was jerked open to reveal a woman holding a sleep tousled boy about three years old.

“Are you Mara Selsword?” He said trying to look harmless. The woman nodded. “I carry a message from you husband.”

Mara’s grip in her son tightened and her face went white, “Is he alright?” When had Wyclif assured her he had left her husband in good health, she sighed; “I am sorry, my step son was killed recently. I guess I have just been a bit over wrought. Would you care to come in sir, were we can talk more comfortably?”

Wyclif smiled and nodded benevolently at her, “I am sorry, madam, I cannot at this moment. Perhaps this evening though; after supper?”

“I shall expect you.”

Wyclif bid her good bye and turned away, smiling. This was a very pleasant trip, he told himself. He had taken his vengeance on the pestilential elf, and upon the man who had beaten him when he should have won. That was the first mock-fight he had ever lost, and now it’s humiliation was repaid in pain.

He smiled, it was very satasfing indeed.

[Edited on 15/2/2007 by Eleiel]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 15, 2007 09:57
Shyrryn nodded in agreement. "But that is where we differ, I am used to such cruelty, I have been brought up in it," she said, smiling wryly. "I am glad for it, in a way, if I hadn't felt the need to arm myself then I would never have learnt to fight with a sword quite so well. It comes in handy, especially when you can beat the men in the rougher taverns." She smiled again.

"If Trevadir does catch this man, and you are set free, what will you do then?" Shyrryn asked, looking from the picture to Raven.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 16, 2007 08:11
Raven thought for a moment, "I don't know what I will do. I was thinking origonally of sticking with Trevadir, he seemed to need a friend, but I am worried that he might not want me around anymore. I don't know." He put his head on his hand thoughtfully.

"I don't believe in fighting, I know I can, that is not the question. I prefer a simple life. Like talking to the birds, they are good friends. They always cheer me up."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email