Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Travellers Tales. KEEP
on: January 22, 2007 01:08
The door clanged shut behind her and she leaned against, it trembling all over. Gwin had not thought such anger and hurt was possible to be expressed in an elf’s eyes. That look had frighten her more that his words

"You want the truth?"

The words rang in her mind. She had thought that she wanted the truth, but suddenly she was too afraid to sort it out. If this elf was the killer, then how would they prove it? Other than the knife there was no evidence. And if he was not, then who did kill Gerne?

Her legs felt strong enough to stand now, so she made her way to the bar-room. Gerne’s body had been washed and laid out on the one standing table. The mess of broken furniture was being cleared away by a new girl at the pub, Shyrryn. Gwin nodded to her as she passed, and went to stand in the door-way. No doubt her stepmother had already been informed of Gerne’s death and would be here to pick up the body soon. Gwin would go home tonight and to morrow would be the trial. An unfair trial most likely she thought scowling. Well, that did not give her much time to try and think of something.

(Meanwhile, across the square….)

He watched the quiet tavern with satisfaction. He plans were turning out quite well; the elf was in jail, the end was in sight. Revenge was sweet. Very sweet.
He would stay till the execution, perhaps longer. Who knows? This was a nice town, it would be very suitable for a rum-line.

He smiled and retreated into the shadows.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 22, 2007 03:43
Mirelwen and Legolas had been up quietly talking, when the yheard noises downstairs. She looked at him and he nodded, they both threw on their Lorien cloaks and snuck downstairs, watching the scene unfold below. He looked at her and they made their way back upstairs, so that they could wake the twins. " Wake, we have work to do, we need to find the one they called Trevadir, he is in danger. We should look for Raven." They all went out and walked around for a bit, but found Raven and followed. The group waited outside and when no one was around, they snuck in to where he was being held." My lord, we have come to talk to you. I know from experience how unfair the race of Men can be. I have been at the recieving end of their tounges many times, and been at their mecy. They are cruel some are, but others are not. These are frightened of us, I believe, for we are different. They sun differences. If you need any help escaping, or at trial, let us know somehow, through word of your friend perhaps, who speaks the language of birds. I can vouch for you, I heard you up looking for your knife, but saw someone downstairs also, he was stocky and had the build of a man I believe, unless my eyes were mistaken. I had decided to take a walk, when I saw this." When Mirelwen mentioned the part about her eyes being mistaken, her eyes twinkled and she smiled and wink at Trevadir. "We will help you in any way we can. If they convict you, you will be freed, I promise, and my promises are not to be taken lightly." She looked at the old mand and waited for a reply. " I speak for myself with Mirelen, you will be freed." Legolas stepped up beside her and took her hand, standing and waiting with her. The twins looked at the old Elf and smiled and gave their answer at the same time. We will help also."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 23, 2007 09:29
Trevadir smiled at them, he was glad to see that Raven was with them, now he wouldn't get into any trouble.
"I am curious to find out who the real killer is, I do not need to escape and it would be better to leave me here, for if I escape I'm sure that would cause a riot and we would all be dead before we could get out of the town. No, we need to wait." Trevadir said thoughtfully. He had cooled down since his meeting with Gwin.
"I think all you should do right now is lay low, we don't know who set me up and whoever it is might have some grudge against elves so be careful." Trevadir warned.

Once they had left Trevadir found the most comfortable place to lay down and fell asleep, there was nothing else he could do.

(Eleiel, please look at the ooc before you post and let me know what you think of my idea)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 07:04
The trial was held in the town square. Gwinhyfira stood by her step-mother and her younger half brother, Oly. The square was packed; apparently this was the biggest crime in twenty years. A platform was erected in the middle of the square, just in front of the horse-trough. The mayor was sitting there with some of the town elders, trying vainly to quiet the townspeople. Finally he gave up and motioned for the ‘guard’ to bring forth the ‘murderer’. The crowd quieted as they saw Trevadir being brought forth. He walked straight and erect, apparently the guard had sullenly allowed him to move freely, with out being shackled. One guard had a black eye.

“Hear ye, hear ye!” the mayor shouted, “We have here the accused murderer of Gerne Selsword. His hunting knife was found in the body, yet he denies committing the act. Has anyone anything to say in his defense or in his accusation?”

There was a silence amid the grown. In the shadows of an inn, Wyclif twisted his scarred face into a savage grin.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 07:47
Raven saw the procession lead Trevadir up onto the platform. Oh, dear me, I think that this shall not come out well at all. He thought quietly. When there was asked for a defense against Trevadir's supposed crime no one spoke up. Well, guess I will have to.

Raven stepped forward, drawing up to his full height, seeming as proud and as regal as a king.

"I would contest this accusation." He said, and paused for a second, collecting his thoughts, he looked dead into the eyes of the mayor, "On the eve of the murder, there was a disagreement between several of your villagers, and several, peace minded, patrons in the inn. Trevadir tried to interviene, prevent this disagreement from becoming a full fledged fight. Alas, his efforts were not sucessful and the elven patrons were attacked.

Trevadir's dagger was lost dring the fight, and we all left before any thought to look for the missing weapon, at the time it was not known it was missing. I roomed with Trevadir that night, and I saw him looking for his dagger, but he did not go down to the inn. He is falsely accused, he is not guilty." Raven's speech was brave, darring...he felt as if he was about to collapse in fear.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 08:40
Trevadir stood on the platform. He held his head high, and stood tall. Being here was a great humiliation, but he would stay tall through the whole trial.

When he heard Raven speak he smiled slightly. Raven was very strong.
Then a voice spoke up after him. "All the elves are going to protect their own kind! I say hang him!" The man shouted.

Trevadir knew they would think this way, but he was proud of Raven none the less.
The trial continued, the mayor was waiting for another to speak before he would send Trevadir to his death.
Trevadir's eyes wandered among the people present. His eyes fell upon a man in the shadow, something was familiar about him.
He couldn't see him very well, but he guessed who the man was. "So, you came back after all these years." Trevadir whispered. "Am man theled? Anann io." Trevadir said quietly, but the man had heard him.
"There he goes speaking in his language! Probably insulting us all!" The man shouted, making all the people angry as well.
Trevadir sighed, why was it that mortals would jump to conculsions every minute they heard something they weren't used to?

(One of you elves are going to have to figure out how to save Trevadir, and just so you know what he said in elvish, it means "For what purpose? It was so long ago." So he's basicly asking Wyclif why he is doing it now since it was so long ago.)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 09:24
Raven listened intently to all of the things said about him. He had a bad feeling that this was a one-sided trial. A man accused him of insulting the humans assembled, Raven grew angry, "You presume much." He asked, his voice held steady, though one could sense the anger and near loathing in his voice.

"Trouble, friend Raven, man stirr up trouble. Must get out of here soon." Tuillin chirped away. Raven nodded to the bird.

OOC: I screwed up the last post. Sorry all, I've edited it now.

[Edited on 24/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 10:08
Mirelwen had heard all that Raven had said, and she moved up beside him to stand in the crowd, and with her friends. "I believe this young one, not because he is of my own race, but because I saw a figure with a build like a man sneaking around the lower part on the night of the murder. And Trevadir's knife did dissappear in the fight. All this Elf says is true, both of them. Convicting this man would be like convicting an innocent man of the same crime, for we are all the same inside, and created by one force and put here for one purpose. If you wish to disrupt a peace that has been for the most part whole, then you shall have the wrath of all Elves on your heads, I will see sure to that. " HEr eyes suddenly took on a fierce light and they smouldered with fire, her ire was getting hot and she was getting angry with the ignorance of these Men. "If you wish to convict him, then you are putting an innocent being in a crime which he did not commit. And if you decide to do so because it was his knife found, but not him, then I promise you what I said before will come to pass. He is innocent, listen with your minds and souls to what we are saying, not with your hearts, which are apparently turned against any outside of your little community." Her voice was cold and grew stadily louder through her little say, and the fire in her eyes was fed even more, as the hatred in her heart grew also. Her face was set in stone as she looked at the men on the platform that promised death if they convicted the wrong pesron. All her senses were on high alert, very sensitive, for she knew her words were foolish and she was overly angry with these people, so she was preparing for a seize in case this turned out like one experience many years ago.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 12:41
With a sinking heart Gwin listened to the evidence and the she-elf’s spirited words, one way or another, this was not coming to a swift conclusion. She stood up and her step-mother clasped her wrist, “Gwin, where are you going?”
Gwin gently unclasped the woman’s hand from hers, “something must be done, to stop this, mother. I… I think I know of a way to. And” she took a shaky breath, “I don’t think he killed Gerne.” The woman nodded.

Gwin struggled her way towards the platform, but before she got there a voice called out; “Are you going to let these fancy talkin’ elves to pull the wool over your eyes? Justice is what we kneed, swift and painful!” In answer to this another voice called out angrily….

(If any one else wants to put in their two cents, now would be the time. It would be interesting to start a loud debate, or *ahem* a verbal fight!):evil:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 24, 2007 04:45
"Yes! burn the elf!" Another man shouted from somewhere.

Raven stiffened slightly, growing more and more concerned.
"Would you burn your brother if he was accused of killing someone and you knew that he was innocent. Will you willingly murder an innocent elf just to defeat your own fear of the elven race? Will you murder a good man just because of circumastantial evidance." His mind was working swiftly now, he had a darring idea, one that would likely get himself killed, 'move feet!' he thought, and stepped up onto the platform in front of the quiet, but restless, crowds.

"Then you had best kill me to. Kill everyone you see with a knife! He might have murdered a man somewhere! Maybe not here, but you are so quick to judge someone, then why listen? Be the murderer you so want to be...Accuse not one elf, but two, accuse us all of murder. But know that you will only turn the crime upon yourselves. And the world will know our innocence." Raven stood there in front of Trevadir. He gazed out at the crowds, he felt as if he were about to collapse but he held firm. He had to!

[Edited on 25/1/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 01:15
OOC: It seemed someone has deleted my previous post! Nevermind, it's rubbish anyway. I can start over.

Illian was watching an Elf being judged.
That Elf was accused of murdering a Men named Gerne Selsword--with his dagger. A loud debate took place. Though the Elves' friends tried to protest, but the mortals were just too...stubborn. A young elf have stepped up onto the platform in front of the crowd, arguing that the humans were only making themselves guilty.

'Risking your life, young one?' Illian thought.

He then made his way to the front of the crowd, observing what will happen next. Being hooded, none of the Men saw his Elven features. A fight might break out, and being an Elf, he would help his kind.

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 10:40
"Don't be stupid Raven." Trevadir whispered, although he knew Raven had a point.
Trevadir continued to stand there, the shouting did not cease. He knew that something was going to happen to him, but he also knew this is not where his life would end.
"I have been everywhere in the world, why would my life end here?" Trevadir thought.
Then he saw someone trying to push through the crowd, he knew it was Gwin, Gerne's step sister.
When she fell to her knees beside a cloaked figure he noticed that whoever that was, he was not human.
Trevadir ignored him, he had more troubles ahead of him now. He would either get out of here alive or there would be much elven blood spilled.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 25, 2007 12:53
Raven smiled back at Trevadir, "Don't you worry about me. I can take care of myself." He winked at the older elf.
Raven had a plan, he saw Tuillin swooping over the heads of the crowds and he quietly whistled him over. The swallow lighted upon his shoulder, tilting his head and twittering softly.
'You need help? You need to call the birds for aide?' The little bird chirped.
Raven nodded, and made a motiion that would appear as if he was brushing off the bird, but in truth it ment that Tuillin was quite correct and to wait for his signal. He knew that the little bird had many friends, and they could be used to create a diversion if they had to escape.
"Help is on the way." he whispered to Trevadir.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 26, 2007 10:51
Shyrryn heard shouting from in the square, and went to make an excuse to her mistress to go and see what all of the commotion was. Then Shyrryn noticed that she was not anywhere to be seen, and went to the square anyway. She pushed her way through the crowd, frowning at the shouting and pushing towards the platform. Then she stopped.

The old Elf was standing on the platform, and the younger one was standing by him. There was a bird twittering on his shoulder, and the young Elf nodded. Shyrryn pushed right through to the front of the crowd and looked up at them with a calculating look in her eye.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 04:56
Raven looked down at the new woman who had appeared in front of them. Was she here to laugh and jeer at them just like everyone else? No, no she looked more confused if anything. Raven smiled at her but did not know what to do. Something would have to be done.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 10:21
mirelwen watched everyone with suspicion, she did not like this place or the people here for that matter. She knew her speech would have no effect, but she put her hand up slowly to her shoulder, as if rubbing away soreness, but her hand brushed the dagger and she kept her hand there, as if holding an aching wound. If any humans try anything I am ready, they will leave Arda before they knew what had hit them.

Legolas watched Mirelwen wit apprehension and took his hand and placed it one hers, slowly lowering her hand until it was back at her side. "Do not think irrationally or do anything ignorant, save your hatred, something is about to happen that shall test our strength in battle, Elf and Man alike." He looked at her and smiled, letting go of her hand, trusting her to not do anything that could get her killed.

"I feel it also, and we shall all have our battle skills tested. I will wait, but if they even so much as push him down to the ground, that one there is going to die, as well as the Men on the platform." When she said this, she motioned over at the one who had been so loud to speak against Trevadir and all Elves. Mirelwen the noticed the cloaked man, but quickly saw that he was an Elf, by his stance and his features under the hood.

Elladan and Elrohir looked that way, and saw him also. their hoods were pulled down and their features hidden as well. Elrohir looked at Mirelwen and he steeped forward. "People of this town, I must tell you that I think you are wrong in punishing this Elf, for I believe the Elves and say that he has not committed a crime. I am one of firm believing that if you punish this man, you do so at your own risk, for it will be the last thing you shall ever do on this world. I have seen the wrath of Elves and this particular she Elf, and it is a force to be reckoned with. If you punish him and put him to death, it shall be the death of you all."

He looked around at the people and smiled under his hood, for some were looking around and you could see the fear in their eyes. He had lowered his voice so he sounded human and his ears were hidden under his dark hair. He threw back his hood and stood there, watching the Men around him seeing if they had any idea that he was an Elf himself. His brother stood beside him and did the same, but they both had hidden the obvious ears well.

"I stand with my brother on this issue. I agree with his reasoning, if you decide to kill this Elf, the pain inflicted on you ,as the young Elf said, will be ten fold. He is innocent, you can tell by looking in his eyes. when he speaks his case, you cannot see lie or deceit, not to mention guilt in there. Elves feel as you do, so if he were lying, you could see it." elladan looked at the crowd and then at Trevadir and Raven. "We will set you free, even at the cost of our own lives." He mouthed the words in Elvish, so no no could have read them, and by no one meaning the men around them.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

edited by moderator to a paragraph structure.

Elfalas....please do not post huge blocks of words without using correct spelling, punctuation and most especially-paragraphs.

Thank you

[Edited on 28/1/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 06:33
Raven stiffened, this wasn't right! They should not be threataning the humans! That would only increase their belief that the elves were murderers, and would defend their own kin at the cost of any other life!

"You see!" Shouted the man again, (OOC: You don't mind this, I won't do anything else with him.) "They would harm us just to save their own kin. They would murder us, just to save one of their own! See how they have hidden among us? See how they try to turn us against what is right? Should we let them do this to us?"

The grouds grew angrier, and there was a tremendos roar from them. Raven looked panicked, frightened, this was not going as it should have been.

"Listen to me! Listen to me, please!" He shouted at the mob, who had closed about the elves in their anger. "Please, we do not mean you any harm..."

"You're one to talk, wasn't it you, I recall, who threatened to return the pain tenfold." It was not a question, and Raven grew angy.

"You were trying to kill him! You had your hands about his throat, and you were deliberately choking him. And why? For your own pleasure, I saw the smile upon your face." Raven sounded disgusted. He saw the man falter slightly, his confidence cracked.

"None of us murdered the man. Trevadir here was framed, and though I can not name a murder, I know that we are innocent of your prosecution." Raven's voice softened, in fact, so much so that the people had to stop shouting to hear him, and they did.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 27, 2007 09:30
The younger Elf smiled at Shyrryn, and she smiled back, realising that these were the two Elves she had taken the food up for at the inn she worked in.

Shyrryn sighed and shook her head, pushing a man away from the platform. She looked up at the older Elf. "Do you want me to keep your room ready, because there are people who could fill it," she said, ignoring the commotion around her. "Oh, be quiet!" she added to a man behind her who was yelling in her ear.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 09:25
Trevadir looked at Shyrryn. "No, I don't believe I'll be staying here a moment longer, if I get out of here alive." Trevadir said.

When the crowd had gathered around them Trevadir knew this was trouble, he had to get out of here. No one was listening to the Elves crys so he had to take things into his own hands.
Trevadir knew that all the men were distracted by all the shouts, so he wanted to just slip away.
He inched towards the end of the platform, then stopped.
He had no horse to carry him away, he wouldn't be able to get away fast enough.
The man in the crowd seemed to notice him starting to get away and jumped at him.
Trevadir wasn't prepared for the sudden attack and fell over backwards off the platform, hitting his head hard and being knocked unconscious.
But this did not stop the man from beating Trevadir.

Once Trevadir had been severly beaten he was dragged back up onto the platform and the man held him up by his shoulders.
"Look at this! He tried to escape while we were arguing! The elves planned his escape!" The man shouted. Trevadir hung limply in his grasp.
Then the man turned to the mayor. "You can see that he's guilty! Kill him now!" The man shouted.
The mayor held up his hands to stop all the shouting. "I don;t know if will even survive the beating he's been given but he will have to stay in the holding chamber until he regains consciousness, then we..." The mayor was drowned out by loud shouts.

Trevadir was dragged back to the store room and thrown on the ground, he was still unconscious. His face was bleeding and bruised, and so were many other places on his arms and chest, but no one was sent in to heal him.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 11:45
Mirelwen's face softened when she saw the trouble her harsh words had caused. She moved up to where Raven was and put a hand on his shoulder." I am sorry, my words tend to always come out harsher than intended. Do not dispair, elfling. For if there is a way to clear his name, the nmyself and my friends shall help in any way we can. I am sorry for my words, it is just that I was on the receiving end of men like these at one time in my life.Only they were not so kind to me as they have been to your friend. They beat me, tortured me, and did other things that I dare not mention in public."
She looked at him and smiled, giving him a reasurring hug."We will hlep to free him and clear his name. I hvae a hunch that it was the man that is speaking the loudest against Trevadir, we simply have to find a way to prove so." She had whispered this in Elvish in his ear, so that only he could hear her. "I promise with my life that he will be cleared, if he is not, then I onlu ask for a ten second head start ahead of you." She smiled and laughed lightly at the joke, but she was partly serious.
Elladan had walked over Mirelwen and Legolas as Mirelwen was speaking to the young one. Legolas looked around and saw the storehoue. " I think tonight we should go and pay a visit to him. We need to make a plan on how to free him, so we should include him into the collaboration. Do not worry, for we shall find a way to free him. Mirelwen, you know most about the treatment of these cold hearted Men, what are their feelings exactly for us?" Legolas looked into her face lightly and smiled, trying to coax it out of her.
They are mean and do not any race other than their own. The yshun difference and dislike whom have a mind to otherwise. They are cold hearted and will stop at nothing to see soemone submit to our torment and their pleasure, but it is only so with the loud one who is speaking so strongly against Trevadir. We need to not submit to any kind of treatment they show us now, do not be caught alone. Always travel in pairs or preferrably all of us in one group, for tis harder to catch one off guard than a group. Someone is always alert.
We also need to watch just for the ones who were speaking louder than any of the other townspeople, for the yare the ones who pose most as a threat, and that is not a big threat. The yare all frightened of us, you can read them like an open book. Their eyes hold all the answers and their feelings. Thry to keep your eyes steely and cold, your face as well. It makes you more intimidating and daunting, also harder to read. Remember all of this and do not go alone at any time, especially at night."She looked around at the group who had listened to her information in Elvish.
Elrohir looked around and saw the loud man and he scowled under his hood. How had they known that Elladan and I were Elves, we hid our features so well. Oh well, we were standing wit hthe other Elves, so I guess that might have ben a giveaway. He continued looking around and saw the young woman in the crowd that had been talking to Trevadir on the platform. Elrohir turned himself to the others, watching Mirelwen give a demonstration of how to keep your features and how to walk and act in general.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 28, 2007 02:08
Raven watched horrified as Trevadir was beaten. But he could not move, it would only make matters worse. He looked back, after feeling a gentle touch, and saw Mirelwen. He nodded at her words. He could understand where she was coming from, but he , himself, had rarely had any trouble with humans up until now. He held no dislike for them.

While Mirelwen was distracted, teaching her companions, he snuk out. Whistling to Tuillin who flew lightly to his shoulder.

"Your eyes see much, my friend, please, fetch for me some athelas, and tell me where Trevadir is being kept."

"So much trouble over one man." The swallow chirped back.

"Perhaps, but he was wrongly accused, and now is probably dying. Please, mellon nin, I have to help him."

Tuillin cocked his tiney head then swooped off, Raven did not move from his spot until the little bird returned, a green shoot of athelas in his beak. He chirped again, and flew in the direction of the cellar that Trevadir had been kept in earlier.

Raven quietly picked the lock of the cellar, walking in, he shut the heavy door behind him. There was little light so he lit a small candle that he carried in his pack. He saw Trevadir in the corner there.

Raven quickly turned the older elf over, removing the elf's bloodied shirt carefully he quickly and quietly began to work to clean the elf's wounds. Raven felt nearly in tears, Trevadir did not deserve to be hurt so! He had done nothing. And now all the other elves were being judged...Raven brushed away a stray tear. What had they done to deserve this treatment.

He quickly tore his cape, he would not need it, and used the strips for bandages after applying the athelas to the wounds. He sat back, exausted physically, and emotionally drained. Raven replaced the shirt on the old elf and got up to leave...

Suddenly the door opened, and the man who had beaten Trevadir stood there. He seemed startled for a moment then he grinned.

"Trying to help your friend, aren't you?" He sneered then lunged for Raven.

Raven did not have his staff, nor any time to prepare as the man lept upon him, sending him crashing to the ground. Raven noticed that Tuillin had flown off, probably to get help. He hurt all over as the man punched him. Raven fought back as best he could but against the man's greater strength...he was quickly loosing this fight!
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 10:13
Mirelwen saw that Raven had wondered off sometime during her talk. He needed that information, and he is alone. Her eyes caught a little bird flying up in the air that looked like Raven's little friend. She watched the bird with curiosity, the way it would dip and dive, take off then soar back. It acted like it was troubled and wanted them to follow him. "Legolas, I think you and I need to go visit Trevadir, we can heal him. Elladan, Elrohir, you stand guard outside the building. You can defend yourselves, whistle once like a bird if you need us, remember our signal that we use."
Mirelwen and Legolas made their way to the storehouse, and as they opened the door, they could here the sounds of a fight, one that was being lost. Legolas vaulted down the stairs, straight over the banister and Mirelwen was beside him. They landed down on the floor, crouched down to keep balance. They came up and went over quickly to where Trevadir was. Legolas checked him and saw that he had been bandaged and taken care of. Mirelwen had grabbed the back of the man's collar and literally threw him off Raven.
The man hit a bench down in the holding area and it broke. He came up and went for her, grabbing her throat and choking her. Legolas was looking over Raven and had pulled him out of there to treat him. She gasped for air and clawed at his hands, her vision was tinged with yellow spots and the edges were black. She could feel her mind letting go and she was struggling less. All of a sudden, she started fighting back violently, working on pure adrenaline, trying to gain back consciousness and life.
Mirelwen had stated off so violently that she caught him off guard and he loosened his grip only for a moment. That moment was all she needed to get back at him. She kicked out with both feet, catching him in the stomach and knocking him backwards. She then hit him in the back of the neck, at the base of the skull to knock him out, and he went limp. She kicked him once more in the stomach and then went to check on Raven.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 11:17
Gwin desperately tried to shove her way through the seething crowd. Did no one have any sense? If they killed this elf, that all the other elves would cause trouble. Well, more trouble.

“Let me through!” Gwin cried out, almost crying with fear and frustration, but her voice was lost among the shouting of the enraged humans. Some one knocked into her and she fell down, skinning her hands. Another person stepped on her sleeve, pinning her to the ground. Gwin tried to jerk away and her sleeve tore.

Suddenly the shouting heightened, something about him trying to escape. Gwin struggled to her feet, but could see nothing. Next to her a man shouted right in her ear, "Hit him! The deceiver!" were they beating the Elf?

It seemed an eternity as she fought her way to the dais. the mayor still stood there trying to look haughty and in charge of the situation Gwin noticed there was blood on the first step; she felt sick. None of the elves were in sight.

Gwin stumbled up the steps and raised her arms, "Stop!" she shouted, "Listen to me, it was my brother who is dead, hear my voice!" slowly the crowd quieted and gave her their attention.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 12:29
Trevadir opened his eyes slightly when he heard the fighting.
"Raven?" Trevadir whispered. When he moved to sit up he felt a terrible pain.
Trevadir quickly laid back down. "How did I end up like this?" Trevadir asked. Then he saw Legolas kneeling by Raven.
Trevadir pushed himself up carefully. "What happened to him! Please tell me he will be alright." Trevadir asked, he was very concerned. Raven had been a good friend through the whole fight to gain his freedom from this town. Of course the other elves had been good to him too, but Raven had tried so hard to be his friend.
Then he saw the man who had attacked him laying on the ground. "Do not injure him further." Trevadir said. "He is not the one who had framed me." He wasn't surprised to their surprised faces. "No, the one who has put the blame of this man's death on my head is a man I met years ago. I caught him doing bad things, I will not bother to explain them now, and I put him in prison. Now he is simply returning the favor, but he wants me dead." Trevadir explained.
"I don't know what to do now. I think the best thing would be to leave me here, until you can find the man, whose name is Wyclif, and prove that he has done this. I don't think there is anything else you can do for me now." Trevadir said.
Then he looked at Raven. "Take him to the inn, he will need to recover." Trevadir said. He felt very close to him, almost like Raven was his little brother.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 29, 2007 04:44
Raven was rather dazed as the man punched him, he had stopped feeling anything and now lay still, hopefully by playing dead he would be ignored. The man was suddenly off of him, and he relaxed a margin. He recognised the voices of Mirelwen, and Legolas. So they had followed Tuillin? What a smart little bird, he thought with a weak grin.

He then heard Trevadir's voice, and he smilled, so the old elf was alright? Thank the valar for that.

"Take him to the inn, he will need to recover."

"Oh, no you don't." Raven sat up warily, feeling a little light headed but none the worse for wear. Of course, he supported a fair set of bruises on his face, arms, and body, but he did not care.

"I am fine, just a bit knocked about. I shall not leave." He crossed his arms defiantly, and looked about at his friends, he smiled broadly. His eye was turning black and sore, and his nose was bleeding slightly, but he did not care. He had managed to help Trevadir, and the old elf finally seemed to be liking him.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 10:25
"What shall we do with him? We can put him in a cell if you like." Mirelwen looked at Trevadir, but she leaned up against a wall, hissing in pain. Her neck hurt and her chest and back, being shoved against the wall and hit hard in the chest with enough force to knock the breath out of her.
Legolas was at her side, easing her to the floor to inspect her bruises. They were deep purple and dark blue now, they went all the way around her neck and were cut in one place where the man had a ring. The cut was not deep, but had bled a bit, darkening the collar of her tunic she wore. He ran his finger over the cut, and she winced, for it was sore to the touch. HE wrapped it and then looked at her back, which was cut also, but more jagged and depper, but not by much. Once these were taken care of, he went and got her another shirt, for hers was ruined.
Mirelwen suffered the treatment but bit back a cry when Legolas got a piece of cloth stuck in one of the scrapes on her back and he had to pull it out. HE closed his eyes when he felt her stiffen, he knew it hurt. Elladan looked at her and then Raven. " We are all a sight for sore eyes, I tell you. I have never seen a group so glum or battered. We need a plan, and Raven, as punishment for running off foolishly while Mirelwen was giving us information that would have prevented this, you shall not be able to do anything on your own, as long as we are in this place. Mirelwen will also give you a longer lecture than what we got, so it will stay in your mind longer." HE looked at Raven and used his impression of Lord Elrond's angry eyebrows, which made the group of friends from Rivendell laugh.
"Ai, Elladan, you do the look no justice. Raven, pay on mind, you were trying to help and that is acceptabel. Next time, try to stick around long enough to listen to my words. We need to make sure everyone is okay, and we need to do something with Trevadir, we cannot take him out of here, but we cannot keep him here. And that man, we need to do something with him also." She looked with concern at everyone but the man who had caused all this trouble. She gave him a look that would have killed, if looks could.
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 10:37
"They told me to bring you th..." Shyrryn stopped in her tracks. She had been expecting just one man in a cell, but instead there were more people, most looking battered and hurt. She arched an eyebrow. Then she stopped. "Footsteps," she said quietly. A man came through a door towards them, rage written on his face. Spinning round with perfect timing, Shyrryn executed a perfectly executed kick at his stomach, and he staggered backwards, wheezing, before collapsing to the ground. With a look of distaste, she heaved the man back out of the door and shut it.

"Don't think I'm on your side, it's just not many of you really look fit to fight at the moment," Shyrryn said, crouching down by Raven. "Now I think I deserve an explanation," she added.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 10:48
Trevadir looked at everyone. "As for you elves, I said leave me here and that's what you'll be doing." Trevadir said firmly.
"And as for an explaination, these elves came in to see if I was alright after being unfairly beaten." Trevadir explained.
Then he glared at the elves. "Now you get out of here before you get yourselves in more trouble." Trevadir said.
He made sure they all left, he would not let them fuss over him at all, or argue.
Just as they were closing the door Trevadir grabbed Raven's arm. "Look for Wyclif, but be careful, be secretive." Trevadir whispered.
Then he let them go and sat down. His body was very sore, he felt as if the man had cracked all of his ribs.

When he had finally found a comfortable place to lay down he heard a snicker coming from behind the door.
Trevadir sat up slowly and cautiously.
Then he saw a familiar figure step in.
"Wyclif." Trevadir gasped.

(This would be a good place to bring in your character Eleiel. He probably should do too much since he's alreayd beaten up, but he can gloat and what not. I don't really have any objections so you can do whatever, just don't kill him)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 30, 2007 02:13
"...Raven, as punishment for running off foolishly while Mirelwen was giving us information that would have prevented this, you shall not be able to do anything on your own, as long as we are in this place. Mirelwen will also give you a longer lecture..."

Raven smirked, muttering under his breath, "The young do not always do as they are told. Do not count on me obeying your terms." They looked at him for a moment, and he looked back innocently.

"Why must you be so difficult, fledgling?" Tuillin chirped.

"Because I am free to do as I choose, no adult is going to be ordering me about." Raven sounded a little miffed, even in the bird's sweet tongue.

Then another, Shyrryn, he thought her name was, he recognised her, came in, fighting off another man. Raven shook his head, things were getting far to complicated.

"Look for Wyclif, but be careful, be secretive."

Raven nodded, he did not know what to look for but he could at least try. He left the cellar and silently followed Mirelwen and the others. While they were engrossed in talking he silently fell back, cutting hastily into an allyway when they were not looking. He would find the man Trevadir was searching, but he had to go back first, and ask Trevadir himself. He had to know more about his adversary if he was to find him.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 03:47
He opened the door and swaggered into the cold storeroom. The elf sat in a corner, his face cover in blood and bruises.

“Trevedir.” He spat, “I told you I would have justice. You ruined my life, now I am obliterating yours. Quite legally too.” Wyclif smiled but the scares on his face twisted them into a hideous grimace. “You friends aren’t able to do a thing about it.” He kicked Trevadirs boot viciously, “Just think on that my enemy, in the short time you have yet to live!” Wyclif swaggered out but her turned at the door, “Oh, I thought you might like to know, in this town they execute people by tying a millstone around their neck and throwing them into the river. Sweet dreams!” he shut the door quietly, and left.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 04:17
Trevadir eyed Wyclif carefully, he knew he would probably try something.
"Legal wouldn't be the word I'd use. You're nothing but a low down snake Wyclif, you are going to cause a war in this town because of killing an elf unfairly." Trevadir said bitterly.
When Wyclif kicked him a cry escaped his lips. He clutched his leg.
When Wyclif told him how he would be killed he shuddered then leaned against the wall, taking in all he had said.

Suddenly he opened his eyes, he hadn't realized he fell asleep.
He saw a figure standing in the doorway, who it was he couldn't tell. "What do you want?" Trevadir asked.
He hoped this wouldn't be another beating, he couldning even walk on his left leg now because it was so sore from the kick given by Wyclif.

(this is where you can come in Roklem, Minstral you can follow him or something like that, maybe Raven wants to know what he is doing)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 06:38
Raven saw a figure nearby and immediately pressed himself against a nearby wall. The figure seemed to have a purpose and so Raven decided to follow. Maybe it was that Wyclif that Trevadir had spoken of.

Raven followed silently, he was beginning to wonder why he had ever come to this town. Out there in the wilds he had never had this much trouble. People welcomed his knowledge of the forests and the birds, and enjoyed the youthful cheerfulness he usually wore. Raven was quite aware that he hadn't been trully cheerful since yesterday afternoon. That thought rather depressed him.

He followed the figure and saw that he went into the cellar where Trevadir was being kept. He crept closer, if anything happened that elf.....well Raven would fight tooth and nail to save him.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 07:11
(I meant to post this right after the other one, but I was distracted. sorry)

“Friends,” Gwin cried, “I am glad that some many of you have come to see justice brought to the killer of my brother.” The crowd roared, but she couldn’t tell it was agreement or insults about elves. She raised her hands again and they calmed down. “I too want justice, and I mean to get it!” They roared again, in definite agreement this time, “But the elf has not admitted to the crime and we have only one bit of evidence, and therefore we cannot, by the new law, condemn him to death. My Friends, I propose a swift and easy way to bring down justice; make the elf prove his innocence or guilt. He claimes that he did not kill Gerne, so release him and make him find the real killer, or give him self up to be killed!” Gwinhifyra did not expect this last bit to come over very well, and she was right. The crowd had seemed supportive of her but now they drew back.

“How do we know he will stay, and not just flee?” a man shouted.

Gwin sighed; she had rather hoped that no one would think of that. It was a cruel thing she was about to do; “Then we must imprison someone else in his stead! A collateral, if the elf Trevadir runs we can execute this elf in his stead. Perhaps his companion, the one they call Raven.”

A murmuring arose, but she was not sure if they were please with her scheme. The Mayor rose and pounded his stick on the platform, “We shall do as you suggest Selswords-daughter. The elf shall be given 14 days. And another elf shall be locked up as collateral.”
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 08:01
(Well done, I like it, as for my last post we can change the person that comes to see him to be the guard instead, so he can be let out)

Trevadir was surprised when a guard came. "What do you want?" Trevadir asked angrily.
"I have to let you out, the mayor says that you are to be given 14 days to find the real killer." The guard explained.
Trevadir smiled. "That shouldn't be too hard." Trevadir said slyly.
Then he looked over and saw another guard drag in Raven.
"What are you doing with him?" Trevadir asked, he suddenly became very defensive.
"He's staying here until you find the killer, so that if you try to run he gets killed." The guard said.
Trevadir became angry at this, but he could not fight it.
"I'll find him Raven, you'll be out of here in no time at all." Trevadir said, then the guard pushed him out.
Trevadir still limped slightly from being kicked in the leg, it left a bad bruise.

Soon he found Legolas, Mirelwen and the twins. "We have to find Wyclif, they have given me 14 days to find Wyclif." Trevadir said.
Then he explained about Raven being in jail until he found him and all that, and even his encounter with Wyclif.
"I know I can fight him, I have to." Trevadir said, then he put his hand to where the hilt of his sword always was.
Trevadir rolled his eyes, his weapons had been taken from him.
"Do you think you could find my sword and bow? I need to rest and recover for at least a day, I will begin my search tomorrow." Trevadir said. He knew he wouldn't fight well if he felt sore all over.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2007 09:59
MIrelwen held her sides and doubled over, the pain was coming back again. Legolas stood behind her and held her shoulders to give support. " Ofcourse we will help you, and your weapons are right here." MIrelwen grabbed the pack and gave it to him, she had brought it with her when they had come that afternoon. Legolas watched her slowed movements with apprehension and stayed near to help if necessary. Elladan looked at Elrohir and he pulled Trevadir to the side. "I still do not trust these men here. MYself and Elrohir will stand watch over Raven's cell to make sure he stays out of harm's way." HE smiled and they went out, leaving the group of three alone.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email