Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Travellers Tales. KEEP
on: February 26, 2007 07:45
Shyrryn looked at Trevadir. "I meant with the guard, do you think I want more trouble for you? I just want to get out of this village, maybe travel somewhere, I don't know..." she said, rolling her eyes impatiently. She wanted to go to meet Wyclif, even if it did involve being hidden and then a fight, but sitting waiting for something to happen was boring for a girl as young as she.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 26, 2007 08:52
When the group had invited Baldred to join he hurriedly got together his things, and he checked his ae was on his side and then he quickly rushed down the stairs of the inn and into the alley. Only to find that they had gone.

"Well thats mighty rude of 'em"he muttered under his breath, but he was not going to give up that easily. He walked back out into the main street, and looked around for them. But all he saw was a grey village, and a few villagers sauntering about in the street.

Baldred set off for a walk around the houses, and he soon saw the young girl of the group sitting down alone. He ran up to her and stopped dead in front of her.

"Where did you disappear to?"he asked accusingly.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 27, 2007 06:30
Beogern returned to his home to find it empty. The door had been broken open, but that was the only sign of violence that there was. Mara’s bed had been left in disarray but there was nothing, so far as he could tell, that was missing. He searched the small house and his fear slowly rose; in the laundry hamper he found an apron of Gwin’s that had the remains of blood stains on it. In the pantry was bread dough that has risen so far out of the bowl that it looked like a mushroom, and the fire had not been backed properly. He knee his wife would never stand thing like that being left uncared for.

Beogern ran his hands through his dark, wiry hair making it stand out on end; it made him look like a ferocious bear. Unconsciously he loosened his great battle scared sword and shed his travel stained cloak. He stood in a deep shadow by the stair, considering where in the town he should look first. Ah! The inn where Gwinhefyra and Gerne worked. Beogern smiled grimly; he was not supposed to know that they worked there.

He moved to open the door but stopped when he heard a voice right out side it;

"Where did you disappear to?"

Carefully he opened the broken door just wide enough to see out into the street. An elf woman sat in the middle of it, in front of her was a dwarf who was obviously the speaker. Behind her were more elves. Their kind was not too common in this town so Beogern decided to play it safe and wait till they moved on.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 04:07
Trevadir slammed his fist on the nearby table.
"Why is this taking so long? Wyclif will soon know that we suspect his trap!" Trevadir said.
He could see Mirelwen out the window with some people, he hoped that she intended to come back immdiately with the men she had gathered.

He saw that Mirelwen had run into Illian and the Dwarf Baldred.
"This is no time for talking." Trevadir grumbled.
Then Trevadir lost his last shred of patience and walked out there to Mirelwen and Illian.

"Mirelwen! Do you think we have time for this!" Trevadir said.
He looked at Illian. "What are you doing here? Do you intend on helping us or detaining us?" Trevadir asked.

After a moment he looked down at the Dwarf. "I am sorry we left you behind Master Dwarf, but now it seems we could use your strength. We may not speak of it here but we will be able to tell you soon, maybe after you help Mirelwen gather more guards. It seems that she needs some help with that." Trevadir said.
Then he turned back to Mirelwen. "Are these all the men you can gather? If that is so then we must move out and now." Trevadir asked, he hoped that it was finally time to move out.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 06:04
Illian was going to reply Mirelwen when Travedir suddenly burst out of his room.

"Mirelwen! Do you think we have time for this!"

What are you doing here? Do you intend on helping us or detaining us?

Fighting hard to restrain his anger, the Noldor answered,'I'm here to help,o master Travedir. And I am going to confront Wyclif with you, too. Surely you'll bring help.'

He knew that his tone sounded like mocking, but he didn't care.

Turning to Mirelwen, he grumbled,'Is there anything that I can help with? Surely you'll need to find more help, lady.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 10:01
Mirelwen's eyes widened in shock at Trevadir's words, but the shock was quickly replaced by anger. HEr eyes flashed and fire danced in them, her jaw set and her face holding defiance and anger. "Trevadir, I was asking Illian to help us, as well as finding a guard willing to be on our side." HEr tone was icy and dripped with venom. She turned to Illian and watched him. "You can help me find some willing people to be in a guard with us, if you would like.

That is what I need help with, since I cannot obviuosly do it on my own." The last part was addedin a very quiet undertone. She marched off, dragging Illian with her to fing more pweople to help them. She turned and waited for the Dwarf Baldred to follow also. Elladan and Elrohir looked at Trevadir before they went with Mirelwen. The twins gave him an apologetic look and joined her by Illian and Baldred the dwarf. They saw a man in the shadows not too far from them. "Let us ask him if he wishes to help us with Trevadir." Mirelwen walked to the man and stood in front of him, her hands staying at her sides away from her weapons. "Sir, I and my companions were wandering if you could help us with a little problem. One of our friends is going to be tried for a murder he did not commit, a Man named Wyclif did, at least that is what we know of. We need a guard of people from your village that are in the same mind as us and that will be able to testify with us. Would you help us and be part of the guard?" She looked at the man and awaited an answer patiently.

[Edited on 1/3/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 01, 2007 11:23
Trevadir wasn't surprised that Mirelwen became angry at his words. He had no time to apologize so he planned on doing that later.

Trevadir went back up into his room though, waiting with Legolas and Syrryn. "I wish this dreaded waiting would be over." Trevadir whispered.
Part of his anger was because he worried so much for Raven, he was so young to be trapped as he was. Trevadir thought that Raven was like his little bird friend Tulluin, Raven was a little bird that was caged in.

Trevadir sighed, his thoughts were so heavy, but it was all he could seem to think about. Trevadir remembered when he was Raven's age. His brother died that year and his parents left him to fend for themselves.
"anann io." Trevadir whispered.

("anann io" means "long ago" in Sindarin)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 09:45
Beogern was slightly surprised when the she-elf came up to him; he had supposed that no one would see him;

"Sir, I and my companions were wandering if you could help us with a little problem. One of our friends is going to be tried for a murder he did not commit, a Man named Wyclif did, at least that is what we know of. We need a guard of people from your village that are in the same mind as us and that will be able to testify with us. Would you help us and be part of the guard?"

Beogern grimaced; she was an elf after all.

"I can see that much has happened since I was lere last. I would like to help you but at this moment I cannot." He had no intention of telling her more, but it was almost as if the word were drawn out of him; "I returned an hour ago to find the house broken into and empty. I am now going to the inn were my son and daughter work, Gwin and Gerne." Beogern inwardly winced at his stupidity in telling this to stranger; but perhaps they knew something.

[Edited on 2/3/2007 by Eleiel]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 10:09
Mirelwen's face contracted some, trying to remember the names. They sounded so familiar, from somewhere here recently. Then it dawned on her. Her face suddenly lit up as she remembered the names.

"Yes, I have heard the names before. Gwin was the one who helped us some and she had been very kind to my friends and I. I myself have not seen her for a while now, but I do know someone who might be able to help you. Come with us, and we shall take you to him, for that is also our destination. His name is Trevadir and he is an Elf also."

She spoke lightly to the man, trying to not let her anger escape when she mentioned Trevadir's name. Her ire was still white hot and her eyes flashed and darkened at his name. "Mirelwen, clam down, Trevadir did not mean to upset you, he simply wished for you to hurry so we can meet Wyclif and try to free Raven from what could become certain death. Peace, it is well." Elrohir spoke softly to her, trying to calm her down and lower her anger some.

Her face lost some tension but her eyes still held fire and flashed with anger. "Come on, we need to go meet him so we can get this meeting over and free Raven. He is too young to be in situation like this." She turned to the man again and introduced her friends one by one to the man.

"As I said before, I believe that Trevadir can help you, for I believe he saw Gwin last. We will take you to him if you wish sir." HEr tone was now calm and gentle, the hard edge lost as she lost all of her anger thinking about Raven.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 02, 2007 11:06
Raven at the moment was bored out of his skull. The threat of death that loomed over his head seemed to have lost any hold of terror it might have had over him. Right now he would have been happy to have to go up and face death. This whole affair was taking far to long for his liking.

He absentmindedly kicked a box out of his path, his toe hurt but he ignored it. Raven could not stand it. His face hurt from the beating he had recieved earlier, it still had not healed. He had not had a chance to wash, or to simply relax. He missed the forest and the birds. Why him?
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 03, 2007 11:42
Beogern nodded curtly. "Lead on Lady." He narrowed his eyes, "But I warn you; I anger easily and those to try to pull anything on me often find themselves waking up about five years later." His voice was quiet, but it left no doubt that he would not hesitate to carry out him threat. Beogern added in a voice lower still, "My family means more to me than anything, anyone who harms them shall feel more than my fist."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 06:55
Trevadir was glad to see Mirelwen return with some guards, and a man who seemed to want to know something.
When Mirelwen explained what it was he wanted to know he nodded his head.

"I believe your family is in great danger. Gwin gave me this note with directions to Wyclif, I believe he wants to put the blame on me for the death of your family. I do not think they are dead yet but if we waste any more time they might be. So come, let us leave now." Trevadir said.

Trevadir made his way outside, he told them all to follow him in the shadows and to stay a short distance from him.
He read the directions carefully and soon found himself at an abandoned barn.

Trevadir looked around, trying to catch a movement or shadow.
Then suddenly Wyclif came out from behind him. Trevadir jumped back, looking as if he had not expected this.
"What do you want now Wyclif? Do you want the pleasure of killing me unarmed?" Trevadir asked, he stared angrily.
Of course Trevadir had his sword cleverly hidden under his cloak.

Trevadir backed up when he saw men come out at all sides, surrounding him. "Tell me what it is you are going to do Wyclif? Tell me where the family is!" Trevadir said. He had to make Wyclif say that he was the one who had actually killed Gerne, and that he was the one who had intended to slay the rest of the family so that all the guards could testify against him.

Trevadir waited for him to try to kill the family, then he would strike, and if it got too hard to hold them off the rest of the group would come in to help.

(Alright, now we are getting somewhere. Remember that I want a bit of a show down between these two so don't come in too soon.)
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 08:25
Wyclif fixed his eyes upon the elf and smiled, "Dear Trevadir, thank you very much for coming. Your friends are in the barn I am sorry to say that they are not looking forward to your coming; they know that death follows you like a faithful hound. it is good thing I brought some friends to keep them safe." He gave sharp whistle and several dirty, fierce looking men came out of the barn. Wyclif waved one over, "I would like you to meet one of my friends, Corobain. He is going to be my second witness; the last one to see the Selsword family alive."

Wyclif's face contorted into and evil grin, "It is a pity the the officials confiscated your hunting knife. I think it would have been a nice touch to have them killed with the same knife that you killed Gene with. But since you are weaponless I am afraid they shall suffer a different fate."

In the bushed Beogern watched the elf and the man talking. his mortal ears could not catch the words. He recognized the man as the one whom he had thrown out of Rohan a couple weeks back.

"Is that the one who holds my family?" He whispered to Mirelwen, she nodded. Beogern frowned; he had left Gerne in charge of the family... he whispered again to the elf maiden; "Do you know if all of my family is being held? I know Gerne would not go down without a fight."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 11:44
Mirelwen's eyes held sympathy and she turned to the man. "I believe he is the one that was killed by Wyclif on that night. HE took Trevadir's hunting knife and killed him, for Wyclif started a fight in the tavern with us and took Trevadir's knife. I am sorry."

She looked at him and then at the human and trevadir, as well as the other humans there. When she had spoken to Beogern, her voice was very low and quiet, almost inaudible to him. She looked back over and hoped the men would not try and kill Trevadir before they got the truth out of him.

She placed a hand on her sword, stroking it gently to ease her nerves. She looked at the man beside her and hoped he was not very upset so he would stay still. He seemed to be calm on the outside, but she could feel his true emotions leeking from his body.

"I do not know how many of your family are being held now, I am not sure at all. I am sorry that I cannot give you more information." HEr voice was the same, so quiet that Beogern had to strain his ears to hear her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2007 12:14
Trevadir looked at all the men, it seemed like they were intent on killing him, although Trevadir knew what was going to happen.
"How do you plan to kill them Wyclif? You must remember that an immortal mind is much more complex than that of a mortal, so I highly doubt that anyone will believe that I have done the killing." Trevadir said, he couldn't help but insult him.

He waited, he waited to see what would happen next. He hadn't even seen the family yet but expected that they were being held in the barn. He waited to see any move that would be made to destroy the family, that was when he would call his friends to help, then he alone would deal with Wyclif, he wanted the pleasure of bringing him before the town and making the witnesses speak against him.
He wanted him to feel the same helplessness.
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 04:05
Illian went with Mirelwen,Elladan,Elrohir and the dwarf to fetch some help--and found Beogern, father of Gwin and Gerne, and head of the Selswords.

Together they followed Travedir to meet Wyclif, but as the Elf told, all hid in the bushes nearby.

Soon Travedir was confronted--and outnumbered badly. But his friends stayed still, a wrong move could cause the Selswords got massacred.

He said to Mirelwen:

'Mirelwen, look out for Beogern. I don't think he could endure this much longer--he himself said that his family is the most important to him.
We don't want him lost control of his emotions...'

Illian could barely hear his own whisper.

Putting his hand on his sword, he started to feel a little nervous. Maybe he was worrying about Travedir? Even Illian himself didn't know.

He hadn't drawn his sword for ages.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 05:08
Wyclif was in good spirits; his enemy was in the palm of his hand. He thought that the elf was beginning to get a little antsy.

You must remember that an immortal mind is much more complex than that of a mortal, so I highly doubt that anyone will believe that I have done the killing."

He laughed, "That is so, and therefore one will be smart enough to figure out that you had no reason to kill them. Even if they do it should not be hard to dig something out of your dark and mysterious past." he motioned toward the barn and more men came out leading Gwin and Mara; both were gaged and Mara was holding her son.

Gwin looked at Trevadir as calmly as she could. Fear griped her stomach like an iron fist but she knew that Trevadir would not simply submit to them being killed; he had to have a plan. She kept her eyes on him, watching for some sort of clue as to what he had been planing.

Wyclif smiled derisively and patted Oly's head. "I prefer clean deaths, but you have only a sword and it is so hard to kill cleanly with a sword, especially when the victim is running, so I was thinking perhaps strangulation. I would have done that to the that sniveling chowder headed boy, but that would have left no clue towards you." Suddenly he frowned,"But come this is to much talking. Let us get the deal over with."

Beogern excepted the news in the only way he knew how; keeping a stony silence and trying to hide his emotion from all others. Death was not new to him, he had stared it in the face many times. But had prayed so often that he would never see it among his family.

He fixed his attention on the figures in the deserted barn yard, their conversation was still incomprehensible to his ears. When he saw his wife and daughter being dragged out of the barn he almost leapt up to get them but Mirelwen held him back. Slowly he resumed his position; waiting for the opportune time.

[Edited on 5/3/2007 by Eleiel]
bow_and_arrow
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 07:11
Shyrryn stayed silent as she watched. Wyclif looked too confident for her liking, he seemed to think that Trevadir was right where he wanted him. Unfortunately, from her vantage point she could not see Trevadir as well as Wyclif. She just hoped he was keeping his nerve. She kept one hand on her sword hilt and one curled into a fist, the way Wyclif was acting made her sick.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 12:12
"You're right Wyclif, you are talking too much." Trevadir said, then he drew his sword and pointed it at Wyclif.
"Why can't you fight like a man? Is it because you are afraid of me?" Trevadir asked, he smirked.

"If you are not afraid, then you will engage in a duel with me now. I do not want to die without first fighting you and defeating you." Trevadir said.
He waited for Wyclif to respond, but it was taking to long and he seemed to be inching towards Gwin.

Finally he knew there was no time left and he leapt forward, cutting the Selsword's bonds. Faster than the men could move he shoved them into some bushes.
He saw the men were right on his tail, then he called for the help of his friends and the guards.

As soon as the guards came out he saw Wyclif run away, but he chased him, and being an Elf he caught up to him.
They were still insight of the barn, but they were far enough away to see only small dots fighting.
"I am so glad to have you here now, I can pay you back for ruining an innocent life." Trevadir said, referring to Raven.

"If you have a sword draw it now, we will fight to the death." Trevadir said, he held his sword ready and glared at Wyclif, waiting for him to make his move.

(okay, I hope this works with you Eleiel. Please, no one interrupt the show down until it is finished, don't worry about Trevadir he won't be killing Wyclif, he needs him for the trial. I don't mind though if your characters notice the fight.)
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 01:10
Wyclif turn and ran, but not our of fear. His bumbling gang would get in the way of any fight, and he could not risk bumping into one of them. He ran until Trevadir caught up with him. It took him farther away from the barn than he would have liked.

"If you have a sword draw it now, we will fight to the death."

In answer Wyclif drew his sword, it was unnaturally long, curving a bit towards the end like a scimitar, but it was double bladed. He leapt on Trevadir and with brute force knocked him to the ground. "I have practiced some since we last met, friend." he spat, "It shall end differently this time!"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2007 03:44
Trevadir was shocked when he was knocked to the ground, his sword nearly fell from his hand.
He tried to push Wyclif's blade away from his face, but the Wylif's blade slipped on Trevadir's and stabbed him in the shoulder.

Trevadir bit his lip, then he used all his anger that had suddenly built up to push Wyclif back so that he could stand again.
"You will not have my head today Wyclif." Trevadir said, the left side of his tunic was soaked in blood from his wound.

Then Trevadir continued to block his moves and try to strike him. Trevadir almost forgot that he had to keep Wyclif alive, he was so angry at this point.
"You know what you have done Wyclif, you got a very young boy locked up in the store room. I will never forgive you for that because he is a good friend of mine." Trevadir said.
Trevadir glared at him. "You will die because of what you have done." Trevadir said, his voice sounded low and menacing, but it didn't seem to affect Wyclif.

(I thought that maybe while their fighting that Wyclif could try to mess with Trevadir's mind, you know, like having Wyclif tell Trevadir that it's his fault that Raven's in prison, but it's up to you)
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 06:54
(I like that Elfmaiden! How long should we carry on this duel?)

Wyclif breathed carefully, making every breath and every stroke purposeful.

"What have I done? Why do you blame me for your own actions? It was your failure to act, failure to redeem yourself that forced your friend to be taken in your place." Wyclif tried to grin evilly but his breath was becoming ragged. "I am just completing the circle. I think Raven would want justice."

Wyclif blocked a down-ward stroke and with a supreme effort pushed the elf away. I knew that he could never beat Trevadir in a staight out fight, but if he got him angry enough he would eventually make a mistake. "It is your fault as well that I killed the Gerne. If you have not destroyed my life and scarred my face I would have no craving for revenge."
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 10:19
Raven paced about nervously, he had heard no news, nothing from his friends. He hoped that they were alright. He stood up on one of the wooden crates, trying to see out of the cellar. He could not see much, if anything at all. With a disgruntled curse he got back onto the floor.

Tuillin sat quietly for a change, watching his friend's frustration. Raven was so worried for Trevadir, what if he had been killed? Or hurt?

"What am I going to do?" He said quietly. Maybe he would try and escape. It was starting to sound appealing.

OOC: It is going to be hard for me to post, I'm really sick. But I'll try and check up on this as soon as I can.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2007 10:33
(Well, we don't have to keep it up for much longer, lets wait until someone else posts, then we'll finish it because the other guys will eb fighting too, I hope that works for you)

Trevadir listened to his words, surprised that they seemed true. "No! It's not my fault!" Trevadir shouted as he struck at him.
Wyclif's words made Trevadir's mind spin, it made sense, but he knew that he couldn't believe him.

Then suddenly Trevadir fell to his knees, something broke inside him. He raised his hand to show that he surrendered, but his head was bowed.
He clutched his heart and tears ran down his face.
Then he looked up at Wyclif's face, he looked at him with scorn.

"You haven't won yet Wyclif." Trevadir said, he looked at him in anger.
Then he slipped his hand into his cloak and pulled out the knife that had killed Gerne. He jumped up and threw the knife at him, but it only stabbed Wyclif in the shoulder.

Trevadir grabbed his sword and readied to fight again, this wasn't over yet and now they were both equally wounded, for now anyway.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2007 04:11
Pain lanced through his should as the knife entered it. staggering back, he fell to one knee and dragged the knife out of the wound.

"Aye, I have not won." Wyclif said through clenched teeth, "My failure shall disappoint Raven; he shall not get his revenge!" He rose to his feet and gripping his sword in both hands, he slowly circled Trevadir. Both were panting and bleeding heavily.

Though her hands were still bound Gwin managed to ward off the man who was trying to drag her away, but her step-mother was could not. she would not put her son down to defend her self.

Suddenly a blurred figure hit the man who had hold of Mara; he crumpled under a great scarred battle sword. The figure turned and his eyes fell on the man who was trying to get hold of Gwin. "Father." She breathed. In a panic the ruffian tried to flee but Beogern was to fast; he too fell to the ground.

Beogern looked around, then went to his wife; she was crying. He gently sat her on the ground and removed her and Gwins gags. "Where did Wyclif go?" he asked.

"There papa!" Gwin pointed. Beogern looked over in time to see the dot that looked like Trevadir fall. "hurry" Mara whispered. He leapt up and started running towards the figures. he sencedsome one behind him and slowed, not sure if it was friend or foe; an elvish runner flew passed him.

(cue; some elf. Maybe Illian?)
Roklem_is_not_Melkor
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 02:42
OOC: hmm...What if Travedir got knocked out, wounded heavily...etc and Illian 'replaced' him for a while? Maybe they can fight Wyclif together...but at the same time arguing--they wouldn't cooperate. How is it ,Elfmaiden?

Illian watched the Elf and Men dueled. Even he was not sure who he disliked more: a cunning yet malicious Men, or the fierce Elf who was struggling to stab his arch rival.
Both were soon equally wounded.

Then the Noldor turned against Wyclif's friends. He threw one of his daggers in the distance, wounding one of them. Beogern dispatched the men quickly, and rescued his family. The Selwords were safe for a moment, but Travedir was in peril.

"There papa!" Gwin pointed. Beogern looked over in time to see the dot that looked like Trevadir fall. "hurry" Mara whispered. He leapt up and started running towards the figures. he sencedsome one behind him and slowed, not sure if it was friend or foe; an elvish runner flew passed him.

Illian turned back as he was running , and could't help to chuckle. Men were always too slow.

Soon he reached the dueing couple, and....

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 05:30
(sounds good Roklem, Trevadir is very proud and probably wouldn't want help so he will certainly object to Illian helping)

Then as Trevadir lunged at Wyclif his sword missed his target, anger was taking over common sense, and therefore he practically threw himself onto Wyclif's sword.

Trevadir gasped, he was smarter than this, he had beaten many foes in his long life, why was he failing like this?
Trevadir jumped back clutching his new chest wound.
Trevadir fell to his knees, waiting for the final blow, he had failed everyone and he hoped the others could save Raven.

Trevadir could hear someone coming up behind, but did not know who it was and he stared up at Wyclif's grinning face, their eyes were locked.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2007 10:25
Mirelwen watched Trevadir and she saw Wyclif with his sword. "Trevadir, look out! Wyclif!" Her cry went unheeded and she gasped, seeing the blade go into him. She saw Illian run off to help and she stood in shock. Her arms hung at her sides, everyone fighting went without attention around her.

She felt a sting in her arm and looked down, seeing an arrow in it and her side forming blood. She turned a dispatched both men who had hit her and she went to where trevadir was, but a large man stood in her way. She was lithe and very thin, so he thought he could easily beat her.

two seconds later, she was wiping her sword calmly and she stepped lightly on the chest of the large man, walknig to ther fight. The twins were fighting back to back and holding thier own and Legolas was also. She heard someone cry out her name and a warning in Elvish, but she turned to quickly and a blade sliced her back. She glared at the man and his face was full of shock, he had ezpected her to die.

She smiled into his shocked face adn decapitated him, then she went to fight and she paid close attention, her wounds barely scratches and they stopped bleedng quickly. She fought hard and she also watchd things with Illian, Trevadir, and Wyclif.
Irmo_of_lorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2007 10:34
Baldred heard some noise from inside the building so he quickly, he quickly claped his hands round his axe and darted into the room. He saw a large fight taking place, and already a few were injured.
Baldred scaned the room, hjis eyesused o the battlefield, ad he saw a man, wo had evil swelling around him. His eyes were dark an his movemets unpure. Baldred made his way slowly over to the man, who was already fighting with another person.

Because of his size, or his movements around the shadows, the man didnt see Baldred. And he dwarf waites silently for Wyclif to turn around. Baldred had positioned himself directly in front of the only other way out of the building, blocking the last exit. He held his axe strong, waiting to defend the doorway.

[Edited on 12/3/2007 by Irmo_of_lorien]
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 07:05
Wyclif grinned; the elf was now in his power. Though he had wanted him to be found guilty of murder, there was something distinctly satisfactory about killing Trevadir with his own hands.

“You have failed! Your anger had blinded you, elf.” He laughed, vaguely away of the figures fast approaching. “Now my sword shall close your eyes for ever. You shall have eternal peace, trapped in your precious Halls of Mandos!” He laughed again and raised his sword over his head; but before he could strike, the sword was knocked out of his hands.

Beogern gasped and stumbled over a hidden rut. He fell to one knee. When he rose, Trevadir was on his knees glaring up into Wyclif leering face.

As quickly as he could Beogern covered the last yards between him and his enemy. The dark elf that passed Beogern had reached Trevadir. He was on the far side of trader only close enough to ward off the tremendous blow Wyclif was about to deliver Beogern reached them as Wyclif raised his curved sword. Beogern struck out and knocked the sword from Wyclifs hands.

Enraged, Wyclif spun around not stopping to see who his attacker was her leapt at the mans throat. Knocked onto his back, Beogern fought for his life.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 07:16
Trevadir was surprised that the man ran over and actually saved his life.
Trevadir stood to his feet, although he felt quite weak at this point. He saw Illian also helping him fight now.
"Leave me alone, I don't need your help." Trevadir said angrily.

Then Trevadir saw that Wyclif was trying to kill the man that had saved him. Trevadir picked up his sword but cringed with pain from his fresh wound, the wound in his shoulder wasn't bleeding as much as it had been.
Then Trevadir turned to Illian. "You must save that man Illian, for once I can't do it on my own, but do not kill Wyclif. He will be punished by the people of this town." Trevadir said.

He was able to stab a few men, but then he just couldn't anymore and he fell down. He saw Mirelwen was near and he called her over.
"Please Mirelwen, do this for me because now I am too weak to do it myself. Take Wyclif to the town and make sure all the guards that came with you tell what they heard about him. Make sure that Raven gets out safely." Trevadir said.
Then he closed his eyes and let his consciousness leave him, he felt peace in the darkness, he could hear the voices slowly fade away.

(I thought since he received two bad wounds, and since he was bleeding heavily for a while there, that he should lose consciousness, but he'll be back soon enough....some healing will do the trick. Maybe some of your characters, most likely the Men and Women, might think he's dead, possibly Wyclif could think that he won)

[Edited on 14/3/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 09:08
I promise, mellon nin. He will be safe." Mirelwen kneeled dwon beside him and let his head rest on the ground, then she got up and ran to Legolas. "Watch over him and keep him safe. You and Elladan and Elrohir heal him and watch him. Do not let anyone touch him, I need to go into town and take Wyclif with me to get him to his trial on time."

She turned and went to where Wyclif was, punching him with suprising force. She then quickly tied Wyclif's hands behind his back securely with some Elvish rope she always carried. She then secured a length to that and helad it in her hands right where the knot was.

She held him firmly in place ahead of her, her grip strong on his shoulder and on the rope. When she was done, she hauled him to his feet. "Illian, and sir, I know not your name but would two like to come to town with me so we can get Wyclif what he deserves."

She glared at the man in her grip and tightened her hand on his shoulder, pinching the muscle and skin with a suprising amount of force. She saw Elladan and Elrohir take down the last three men that had come with Wyclif. She then turned the two in fornt of her, waiting for an answer.
Eleiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 10:49
(That is good Elfmaiden! Wycliff will see he just as he is being executed and....:evil

Wyclif struck out in a rage at Beogern, but he was pulled back roughly. Some one hit him, but in his shocked state he did not really feal the wind being knocked out of him. Hate and unsatafied hunger for revenge almost blinded him.

Throught the red haze he saw the motionless form of Trevadir on the ground. Blood stained his clothes and the ground around him. Unmoving. Dead.

Wyclif stopped struggling, and allowed himself to be dragged off; Revenge was appeased. A life for a life.

"Illian, and sir, I know not your name but would two like to come to town with me so we can get Wyclif what he deserves."

"Thank you Lady." Beogern said gruffly, "I shall meet you in the town, and give witness if I must, but now I must care for my family." He wipped the blood from a cut on his cheak. the two elves lead the now submisive Wyclif away.

A touch on his arm made hism jump. "Thank you father." Gwinhefyra smilled shakily. Her eyes fell on the elven body. "What of him; is Trevadir dead?" mara gave her son to Gwin and went to the elfs side. Carefully she checked his pulse and looked up, "He is alive, but we must bind the wounds or hi will die."

Beogern noded, looking around for some one who could help carry the body in a more gently was that slinging him over his shoulder.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2007 11:28
Raven sighed, what was happening? He did not know, he could only hope that all was well. Why oh why then did he have a lingering fear in his gut? Were the others all right?

"Let me out of here!" He shouted, his anger getting the better of him. He smashed his fists against the cellar door.

Raven knew that this was fuitile, resting his brow upon the door he slowly regained his lost composure.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2007 09:19
Trevadir continued to stay in his dark world. He felt at peace when he was there.
Then he felt himself slowly slipping away, he didn't have much time left and he felt that he really didn't have any reason to stay anymore.

He had rid the world of Wyclif and Raven would be set free, but something held onto him, telling him that his time wasn't up yet.
So Trevadir hung between life and death it seemed, wanting to hold on but being almost to weak to do so.
It all depending on his friends now, they would have to help him as fast as was possible.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email