Register

<< First1213141516Last >>
Author Topic:
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Fans over Forty ~ Part XI
on: May 18, 2007 03:03
:hug: :hug: :hug: to our ailing FOFers - Swabby and Cirdaneth I do hope you feel better soon.

Brandy kudos to that young pair. Fine, courageous folks, but then I would expect that of any daughter of yours. May they find all the strength and help that they need to carry out this decision.

Have heard bits and pieces from my travelling son. Apparently having such a good time that he can't manage to wash his clothes. He misses clean clothes and free food. Ah yes, a little life experience to let him appreciate how well he lives at home!

Mith thanks for the rain wish. We are scheduled to get some this weekend. My poor compatriots north of here are actually excepting snow.

Scots I forgot to thank you for the Mother's Day song. That was lovely and brought back great memories of a fine singer.
My favourite was always Annie's Song . My sweetie used to sing it to me ,'cuz my Ordinary Reality name means "Anne".

(BTW, that IS the euphemism that we use for the ordinary world that we live in when not here in ME? I forget)

Favourite birthday memory- turning 40. There was a full moon that night and I went out into the bush with friends for a sacred moon circle - a Native tradition for women only. It was magical. I felt full of life and power and joy. Two weeks later I walked out a church I couldn't handle any more and embarked on a more authentic spiritual journey. That was the year of liberation and growth.

Blessings to all. I need to actually do some work at work today!
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
HeriTavaril
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 05:57
Hi everyone

Happy Birthday Jess
Swabby take care and I hope you fell better soon
Brandy so glad that the adoption isn't going ahead it would be very difficult to give up a child I think. I feel for you especially because I have just become a great aunt for the first time!

My Niece gave birth this morning to a 9lb baby girl to be called Sophie I am eager to see the little sprog. My Brother has very mixed feelings about being a Granddad since he doesn't approve of the father but these things happen in families. My mum is now a great Grandmother yay!

Happy weekend everyone we have the office quiz tonight and the team I was in won last year so there is everything to play for.

Love and Hugs HT:heart:
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 04:19
A post from the PoG and weekend greetings to you all.

*sniff! I smell the air of summer!* Ahhh, it is truly that time. I am all checked out, the classroom is clean, all necessary forms filled out and checked and double checked. I am ready for decompression time. I plan on one week completely school related activities free. My goal is to walk, ride my bike, and clean/reorganize my office.

The spousal unit has tomorrow off, so we're heading toward the farmer's market in the morning, then to the Renaissance Festival in the afternoon. Good times. I bought myself some new walking shoes this evening...my old ones being 3 years old and many, many, many miles put on them. It was time. So I'm ready for the summer.

Did I tell you about the plans for our retirement? We've decided upon a place to call home after I retire...somewhere between 7 and 12 years from now depending on finances. We are going to call Grand Junction, Colorado home. The spousal unit works with an architecture student who he's become friends with. He has talked to this young man several times about wanting to build his LotR fanatic of a wife a Hobbit hole to dwell in when we retire. The young man said yes, and is in the beginning stages of making architectural plans for our very own Hobbit hole. He casually mentioned this as we strolled the Omaha Botanical Gardens last weekend. I am so excited! I just hope it all comes to fruition. Oh, boy!

Well, nothing much else from the PoG. Enjoy your weekend. May you all find rest and healing.

Nai cuilelya nauva mára!
Scots

[Edited on 19/5/2007 by scots56]
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 06:33
A very happy birthday to you Jess. Hope you are enjoying your day and that it is full of sunshine and things that make you smile. Oh, and what is zorbing?

Can sympathize with you on the toe, Swabby. Had both mine done about 10 years ago. Didn't know that it involved 4 shots of Novocaine in each big toe until the procedure. But they have been great since...hope yours are as well. Did that car accident you were recently involved in have any bearing on your neck needing stretched? In any case, that sounds painful. Think happy thoughts to stay calm and avoid any stress especially while you are off the blood thinner. Want to see you alive and kicking!

Congrats on the birth of your great niece, HT. And may your quiz team be the winners once again.

Sounds like a fun day for you, Scots...have fun and enjoy your time off! Also, may your hobbit hole become a reality.

A favorite birthday memory has to be my 50th when hubby went all out. He rented a limo for us and we picked up my friends and all went to dinner then out afterward. Not to mention the champagne and jacuzzi suite and more. Definitely one of my favorite birthdays!

Well I'm off to do some last minute preparations for my sister's visit tomorrow. Am making a breakfast casserole dish that is made ahead and refrigerated overnight.

The weather is a bit cool today. And the May flies (or Canadian Soldiers as some call them) are out. They don't hurt anything and good food for the birds but can be annoying to walk through them.

Have a wonderful weekend! Love and hugs to you all. :heart::love: :hug:
awelyn418
Prancing Pony Moderator, Realm Head of Lórien & Grandmother who loves Tolkien
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 07:32
Hello,I had to spend the night at the hospital Wed. My surgery was 4 and a half hours long. It was suppose to be 1 and a half hours long. I have 10 holes and two slits.I am pretty strong pain meds so consequently I have been out. I have alot of air pumped in I feel like the marshmallow man in Ghostbuster's movie. I am taking it easy and my husband is taking good care of me.I had three nurses the first was great in the hospital.The second was awful would not bring me my medicine for pain. Then the third one came in. My husband said she looked like Faith Hill. I thought Galdriel. She was wonderful she just took me under her wing and gave me excellent treatment.So,I am doing okay just weak and tired and in pain. I am suppose to walk 4 city blocks a day but I get to weak and dizzy. I may make one. I can't remember all your posts. But thanks for the prayers and love. I am going to bed now.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 07:49
Good to hear that you're doing fine, Awelyn! :hug:

Swabby, ouch to your aches and pains! It's good that the stretching of your neck seems to help!

Belated Happy Birthday wishes to Jess! :cheers:

Congratulations to grand-aunt HT!

Brandy, all the best to your daughter and her man, now that they've decided to keep the baby! Sounds that they're going to do just fine.

I'm back from my trip; we had a great time, except that, both the daughter and I caught a cough. Got to take it easy now for a few days to let it heal.

MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 08:44
I'm glad that you got to end the school year on a good note, scots. I've been struggling with some strained relationships with a couple of moms of students of mine. I'm trying not to let their attitude get to me,but stay focused on the students and what's best for the students.
Wish I could go with you to the ren fest. I need some diversion and some fun!

I pray for whatever is best for your grandbaby to come to pass, brandywine. I understand how it feels to be adopted and am so glad that my birth mom chose that course for me. That may not be what's best in your daughter's case. God knows what is best and He will see to it.
The kindergarten teacher at your school is lucky to have a week without students. We have to do all that paperwork and packing up AND keep our students occupied. Let me say, there will be no tears of sadness for me when these high maintenence students walk through my door for the last time. I've (along with alot of assistance from my aide) helped them all learn and grow in positive ways...and it's taken alot out of me. Thank God for summer break!!

I think I have a few things wrong with me as well, swabby...pains in the neck, pains in the a**, irritable bowel syndrome acting up, insomnia. Where is that ranger with healing hands???

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jess. May your dreams come true and your life be blessed. :cheers:

Congrats on the birth of Sophie, HT. I'm sure that once your brother gets to know sweet little Sophie, he'll be a doting Grandfather, no matter how it is that she came into the world.

Enjoy your visit with your sister, mith. I thought of you when I put my Led Zeppelin DVD in. We'd be rocking out together with our Ara-babies!! :disco:

So glad to hear from you awelyn !! Continuing prayers for healing and comfort. Take care, friend.

Glad you had a great time on your trip, morwin. Isn't it a bummer that sometimes having fun can make us sick?? Hope you're feeling better soon.

Dadgummit!! I had a chance to get to see Senator Clinton and I got bogged down in "have to's" and she was running 45 minutes early...so I missed her. Sis-in-law and niece got to shake her hand. Maybe it's a good thing that I didn't get to chat with her. I might have vented a bit, and that's not cool to do to someone you just meet.

Have a great day, friends!!

MT
cirdaneth
Books Admin & Books Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 10:40
Here’s a hearty cheer for school being out, Scots, and Happy Happies to everyone who’s reached birthday time. Don’t worry about age. It’s just a number!

Swabby, I had my right big-toe nail done a year ago. The injections were horrid, but apart from the first night, the pain of the op was less than the pain of the previous two years. I’m so glad I had it done. I can wear proper shoes, walk for miles, and they made such a neat job I can even paint my toenails, though I don’t suppose you want to do that.

Brandy, my heart goes out to you all, but to you especially, because you are the one having to stand back and let these young people decide “what to do with the time that is given to them” … yet knowing that the decisions will affect you in the core of your being. :hug: I echo MT’s sentiments though. Looking back on the bewildering switchback of my life, I seem to see that Eru has placed me where he needed me to be, even if it wasn’t what I wanted, or what society expected. Bless you all.

Great to hear from you Awelyn. I didn’t know your time-zone so couldn’t synchronise my healing vibes. I went outside first thing Wednesday morning and asked the rising sun to carry calm and relaxation to you, and when I got back from the dentist at lunch-time I lit a candle and some incense and meditated for a bit before the PC engineer came. I left the candle burning and lit more incense at tea-time. Yesterday a friend popped in who is a Jehovah’s Witness, and she said a prayer for recovery. Bless her! She knows she’ll never convert me, but she’s there for me, and I never feel pressured.

The funny turn I had happens about every 18months and is always the same. I burn off about five pounds in the 24 hours. Still haven't eaten a meal so am a bit wobbly. It's usually about ten days to feel right again.

Don’t worry about the stalker. I contacted the police the first time he came around. They checked him out. He’s nuts but has no record of violence. They do keep an eye on him though. In this one-street village also, he’ll be spotted the minute he shows his face.

Perhaps I should call my PC Grimbold. a) he was Theoden’s right hand man. b) Theoden’s emblem was the white horse. c) Our famous White Horse is carved into a hillside in the Vale of Evesham d) Evesham is the make of my PC. … or is that too complicated? Yep … I’ll have to think of something else.

As for Aragorn. He can come round and melt my processor any time :evil:
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 11:12
Awelyn, glad to hear from you. It's amazing what a difference it can make when you have good nurses. I wish more could be done about those who are not.

Swabby, I hope things improve for you soon. As a person with severe back problems I sympathize with your problems with your neck.

Brandy, I hope everything works out for the baby.

Never fails, whenever I log in here something comes up!

Take care everyone!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 03:54
Scots - grand retirement plan, I hope you get to do it sooner rather than later.

Mith- nice memory –a limo ride can be special

HT – how lovely for your mother! Blessings to your niece. Enjoy your new family member.

Swabby, Morwin and Awelyn – continuing to send support and love .

Has a lovely coffee visit with Jess and other Compaions of the Quest. Then had a nightcap of TTT with #2 son . Ahhh - a lovely way to end the evening.

Sprucing up the house for hubby's return tomorrow evening. At the moment - enjoying The da Vinci Code on TV.

TTFN :wave:

[Edited on 21/5/2007 by Neenime]
“Some believe it is only great power that can hold evil in check. But that is not what I have found. I have found that it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay. Small acts of kindness and love. " Gandalf
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 02:42
I'm very glad you're done with the surgery, Awelyn. I don't imagine being pumped full of air feels very good, but hopefully the worst is over and you'll soon be back in top shape and ready to kick some orc butts.

Thanks for the positive wishes from the rest of you regarding my numerous health issues also. I don't know which is worse, one big health problem or several small ones. They're both unwelcome and a hindrance to my youthful personna. (That's a joke.)

The anti-biotics the dentist gave me for my mouth pain has done a wonderful job once they kicked in. Hopefully tomorrow they can take a chisel and knock that piece of bone loose. (At least I won't have to knock it out myself with an ice skate) I've never gotten any wisdom teeth, so it's a mystery where the fragment may have come from, if it is a fragment.

As for the neck thing, yes it is partly a result of the whiplash I received last September, but it may also be from calcium deposits inside my vertabrae that are pushing against nerves. I often wake up at night with one or both of my arms tingling. One morning the alarum went off and neither of my hands would work. They had both turned to rubber. As long as I can wake up and get vertical each morning, I'm not going to complain. We have our hour of glory in the bright sunshine and then we wilt and turn brown. I'm just running low on green spray paint, that's all.

Happy Sunday everyone! Swabby
Celebrian
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2007 09:44
I understand, swabby. In my case it's herniated discs and instead of arms, it's my legs that go off-line. That's one of the happy aspects about being part of a cyber community. As long as my mind is (reasonably) spry no one notices the physical detriments.
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 03:01
Yes, we oldsters can commiserate with each other. My shoulders are currently acting up from a combination of vigourous weed-pulling, carrying baggage and a rather demanding dance that we are doing. The music is the tribal drum and reedy flute number from a battle scene in Master and Commander . We dance with sticks, doing lots of movements overhead. My butt-end also hurts from lots of crouching movements - had quite forgotten that I had muscles there. , but thy have been reminding me since yesterday!

Ah well, at least I can still dance and the discomfort is definitely worth it.

Hubby arrived home safely yesterday and it's good to have him back . I am just a bit worried about #3 son. He is in Paris now and I understand there has been a threat of bombings by disaffected Algerian groups. Yikes . Please keep my son and his friends in your prayers. :angel: May the plans of terrorists be thwarted and all people in Paris be safe from their attacks.

Has anybody heard from Balrog, Tom or Morwenna lately?

Today is a holiday in Canada - Victoria Day. it used to be the oficial birthday of Queen Victoria and now stands as the official B-day of HRH Queen Elizabeth II. Not that anyone but die-hard royalists remembers that any more In any case, it's a day off and marks the unofficial start of summer/camping/shorts season in Canada. Woo-ho! It's just too bloody cold this this year, so there will be no shorts wearing today! Unless I put them over my bright red long-johns! Hee-hee.

It's long-johns, not shorts on this day
Our winter just won't go away!
Instead of cold beer,
Hot cider, I fear,
To toast this long weekend in May.

[Edited on 21/5/2007 by Neenime]
sindarinelvish
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 08:31
(THe sound of galloping hooves approaching)

Sindy dashes in on a lathered Elvish steed and swings from the saddle, cape swirling. "Whoa, Com-air!"

Hi everyone. Just (literally, 7:30 AM flight) got in from niece's graduation in MO. DH had to fly through to Pittsburgh for a business meeting. I'm taking personal days today and tomorrow: need a rest after a whirlwind weekend, but wondering how my kids are at school and half-thinking about calling the secretary and going in tomorrow. I'm sure they could use the sub somewhere else.

Swabby, you old sea-dog! I'm glad to see you have returned. We shield-maidens and lady rangers and elvish archers have all missed you.

Scots, I am so envious as usual this time of year! I have until Wednesday, June 6! I have been so busy trying to get my elflings done this year (yes, this group classifies as elflings, not orklings) I haven't had time to post. That was so perfect of the young man to give you a hug. Makes everything right with the world, doesn't it?

Awelyn, I hope the surgery went well. Cirdanath, I hope you feel better.

Anyone have Vicarcat's address in Christmas Valley? I thought I wrote it down but my desk looks likes the libraries at Minas Tirith.

Mith, I didn't read back far enough. Are you in OH now?

Need to be off again but I promise to catch up!!!!

Sindy

SindyE Nad dithen carnen an gwend.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 03:59
I remember being pumped up with air after my "keyhole surgery" a year ago, awelyn. I looked and felt like I'd swallowed a volleyball. Thank the Lord my belly receeded and I could again see my feet. I hope that you'll soon feel better.

Know what you mean about muscles you haven't used in a bit, neenime. I'm going to 3 jazzercise classes per week instead of 2
Will pray for traveling safeties for your son. Paris is sooo beautiful and wonderful!! I hope he has a magnificent and unforgettable time there.

DO NOT cancel your sub, sindy!! Enjoy the day. Think of all the times that you've gone into school feeling miserable, sick or exhausted and the other times that you've taken home mountains of schoolwork and spent hours doing it.
Here's hoping that you make it through to those very last days with your sanity and some strength left to enjoy your summer break.

Love and hugs to all FoF'ers. :hug:

MT
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 21, 2007 04:22
Had a great visit from my sister and her girlfriend Sunday. She sure has been going through quite a lot with her husband. He is in a late stage of bi-polar. Even though she moved out she is still trying everything she can think of. Don't think I could have hung in there that long after all he has put her through. But long story short, he is paranoid, delusional, suicidal and on the road to financial ruin. I still worry for her safety as he has already threatened to kill his siblings as well as some other people. On the positive side, I feel like my sister is back. We were very close while growing up. Please keep her in your prayers.

It is great to see you back, Sindy. Could visualize an elvish maiden riding to stop and say hello. Yes, we are back in Ohio now. Hubby is working in Michigan and at least for now, driving back and forth each day.

Awelyn, was glad you checked in to let us know how you were. That was quite a while to be in surgery. Good to know your hubby is taking care of you properly and hope your recovery is swift.

Liked your poem, Neenime. It has been cool here lately. Think we are all ready for warm summer weather. Will keep your son in my prayers also.

Will send you some green spray paint, Swabby. Don't want you turning all brown, not before your time. Seriously, hope you feel back to your old self real soon and these procedures will be over and done with.

Hubby has tomorrow off and I'm going to accompany him to Cleveland for a doctor's appointment. Meanwhile, I'm getting excited for my visit to see my daughter next week. It is almost here!

Hope you all have a good week. And may you find relief for the aching muscles and such. Take care, all. :hug: :hug: :hug:
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 03:14
*flies overhead and watches the arriving elvish horse and rider*

Just popping in to say thanks to Cat for her delightful little card. Thank you so much. :hug:

Happy to hear you are through your surgery Awelyn. Glad you liked the picture of the swan.

Hi to everyone. Whilst I will never likely live in such lovely or exciting surroundings as Cat and Scots (when the lady retires), I will be spending three nights in a palace!! This is the hotel in Cairo where I will be from June 1 to June 4. click here if you are curious.

Take care of yourselves. *catches the next thermal and taking a deep left sweep heads off to the Lonely Mountain*
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 05:18
Palatial is right, Rose . How absolutely delightful! I hope you have a blast there (well, just don't burn the pyramids or palm trees, alright?)

Mith I feel for your sister. I know many bipolar patients who have ruined their families lives because of out-of-control spending and impulsive behsviour. It's hard to support people in that state. They can be exhausting and unreasonable. Unfortunately, many laws are so liberal about personal rights that they leave families victimized by unstable members. I pray for her strength and that some crisis or avenue of action wil bring her loved one into proper treatment. :angel:

My son comes home tomorrow. :disco: Can hardly wait to hear all about his trip. Mostly I want to give him a great big :hug: and know that he is safe.
scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2007 09:24
Sindy, I totally agree with MT. Do NOT cancel that sub. We put in more than enough hours and don't tend to care for ourselves when we ought to. In fact I was trying to figure out how to entertain Rose and Magoleth when they come without taking too much time. I then slapped myself silly and am taking 2 full days off. Teaching be damned!

Rose, Oh, my, that hotel is absolutely marvelous! Enjoy your time as I am sure you will. The Hotel PoG isn't nearly so marrvy, but I will make sure the sheets are clean as well as the bathrooms!

Well, off I go. Keep well.
Scots
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 10:25
Dear Sindy, I agree with MT and Scots you may need a extra day to recover from your hectic but fun weekend.

Sindy surgery went well. I had a set back but I am on the road to recovery slow but sure.

Swabby do you have any bland soft food recipes?

Rose what a beautiful Palace do you feel like Scheherazade?

Mith my medicine makes me weepy and my husband has the tendency to pull back when I get emotional. But friends and relatives are just a phone call away. Have a good time at your daughter"s

Neenime what a fun sounding dance. I know you have missed your son and will be glad he is home with stories of his adventures. You will have to call him Bilbo

MTMS,I on the road to recovery. Thank you for you prayers and support. How is the son'wedding plan's going?

Thank you Morwin,

Hi Swabby and celebrian and Swabby I am glad your medical and dental procedures are over. Hey I wonder if stretching my neck would make me taller. I have always wanted to be taller.

Hi HT and cirdaneth thank you for the thoughts and prayers and the lighting of candles. You are a great bunch of people. Meds are kicking in a nap is in order. Hopefully I can post tomorrow. If I have forgotten anyone sorry. Thank you Cat for the post card. Bless you.

C
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 11:24
I'm glad to hear that you're recovering, Awelyn. Soft bland foods? I can't think of much other than pasta dishes, beef stroganof, creamed soups, shepard pie and maybe eggs. If your cholesterol will handle it you could eat a lot of eggs. That's about what I ate last week because of my sore mouth. I love spicy foods but they hurt my bone sticking out. Did that sound right? I don't know if the neck-stretching will make you taller, but it certainly puts a smile on my face. Not that I especially like being stretched on a wrack but woohoo, what a physical therapist! She doesn't even have any whips and chains or dress in leather, but she definately has a lethal, man-jellifying smile. Just imagine if Aragorn layed you on a table and firmly but gently stretched you with a machine and then smiled that big ol' smile.

Yeah I could use a little touching up, Mith. Remember that movie with Meryl Streep and Goldie Hawn "Death becomes her"? That's what I need. A little putty, a little spackling, maybe a fresh coat of flesh-colored paint. Oh, and make sure it's the shade called "well-tanned hunk". That's my shade. It matches my eyes, ya know.

Later ladies, Swabby

[Edited on 23/5/2007 by swabbythewhite]
~Randiriel~of_Wilderland
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 06:15
Suilad, (Hello) Mellyn Nin, (my friends)
I hope that those who have been sick are well on the road to recovery now...and that those who are having special problems...have been able to find the solution... :hug:
Things here at the Ranch are still much the same...tho...we did lose the sick colt, Meldir, about a week ago....:cry: seemed as tho nothing that we tried seemed to help him... But the other baby, Fleetwood Mac, is doing fine...
Big hugs to all of you...Maybe soon things will slow down a bit and I can return more often.....
You are all in my thoughts and prayers....
balrog
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2007 09:31
Hi everyone. I'm back.

Got lost for two weeks. Didn't know where I was but somehow turned up back here. Thank God.

Work has been hectic. I put in my notice at the lottery booth. My boss was not happy but that's fine with me. I'm getting more hours as a Gas Attendant. Gas prices are WAY out of control here. We are now paying $1.15/L here. That's about $4.75 U.S. Thank God I don't drive. I'm almost full time which is fine with me. I have a great boss there. I have one more shift at the lottery booth. You don't know how happy that makes me feel.

I will get into reading some of the posts later.

By the way, I would like to say to swabbythewhite: Nice to have you back. Noticed your name. I guess this means we have a turning of the tides.

Well off to read the posts. Talk to you all later.

Namárië
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 04:25
Just imagine if Aragorn layed you on a table and firmly but gently stretched you with a machine and then smiled that big ol' smile.

WHERE can I sign up for this kind of treatment???:heart: :naughty:

Bland food, awelyn?? Yuck! Guess you must do what ever the doctors tell you. Hope you're back to your regular self soon.
Wedding plans are moving along. We're going to check out Picayune, MS (where the wedding will be) this summer. Iit's on the way to the Louisianna renaissance festival. Wish the festival were running now. Have to wait till Nov.

Sorry that you lost the sick colt, Randi.

I'm ready for the tide to be turning, balrog.

Today was the last day of school with the students. I'm exhausted. Hopefully I will get all the have-to's done tomorrow so that I can be a bit of a slug for at least a week. I'm drained. Almost hate to admit it, but I 'll probably miss those little orclings that kept me hopping all year.

Here's to a great Friday and fabulous weekend for all you FoF folk!

MT
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 05:16
It's been a busy week. We were in Cleveland all day Tuesday and then away yesterday as well. But we have been blessed with summer-like weather. It is staying light so much later that our neighbor's five year old commented that he was going to bed while it was morning, lol!

Anyways, think I could use some of that treatment as well, Swabby. Don't worry, MT, you can go first. I may need to stretch a few sore muscles after playing with my grandson next week so will wait until I return.

Awelyn, hope your recovery is still going well. Maybe you should try reading or not paying attention to your hubby while he is there. Sure fire way to get their attention. Better yet, we need to get you a ranger. The bland diet doesn't sound fun. Can you eat meats or cheese?

Hi Randi, sorry to hear about the loss of your colt. Glad you could check in and say hello.

Getting sleepy :yawn: so going to make this short. Have a happy Friday, my friends! :heart: :hug:
Virtuelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 24, 2007 05:39
Ah Swabby that brought a smile to my tired self. LOL Oh what I'd give to get that kinda treatment from the dashing ranger.

Mith has it been getting really warm there too? We have been in the 90's.

Randi sorry to here about your colt, glad your other one is doing well.

Awelyn I hope your feeling better, you could aways make yogurt smoothies on your bland diet. I thiink they could be classified as bland.

And MT I can relate to that exhaustion, but from the mom side.
We have 1 more day of school this week and 2 next week after the 3 day weekend.

Balrog glad to hear your job isworking out for you.

Its been so long since I posted that I couldn't find my last post. I have been in here every nite reading your posts but just have not had a lot to put in mine. Every day seems to be whirl that I can't slow down. A feild tirp last week with my daughter resullted in a pulled tendon in my foot. I have been hobbling around since then. I truly can't wait for summer vacation to start on the 30th. :disco:

Thanks, Girls and Swabby, for your entertaining posts. Hope to have more time to pop in here soon. :hug: for everyone

scots56
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 01:19
Happy Friday to you all!

I've spent a week doing almost nothing school related. I say almost because I did have to go down to school one day to pick up some stuff that I'll need to work on this summer, but other than that, it's been part of my 12 Step Program to Teacher Sanity to steer clear of all things school related. I feel much the better for it, thank you very much.

Saying that, I am aware that I will have to go back to the grindstone in about another week or so, but my goal is to neither obsess quite so much nor spend so much of my vacation time on work-related things. Yeah, right, like that's gonna happen.

I've been spending the last few days cleaning my office so that I can at least sit in here without feeling overwhelmed with the junk that's about me. It's almost there now. I'm feeling quite proud of myself. Then it's off to break out the paint again. The last of the kitchen calls, and I must obey. The only thing left is the trim around the doors and the doors themselves. The spousal unit asked me this morning what I was going to do today, and I gave my usual response of "I don't know." But I did know. I just want to surprise him.

Also the last couple of days I have spent some wonderful time in Middle Earth. I've been writing about some much loved older characters of mine along with some new ones. Keeps the old brain cells well greased.

I hope this finds you all well (take good care of that knee, Awelyn. Remember that it takes awhile to heal completely, so don't overdue) and in full swing of summer-type activities.

Cheers.
Scots
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 02:35
I'm glad to have helped y'all to have a pleasing vision of a ranger-encounter of the third kind, Mith, MT and Virtuelle. About all of my really pleasurable encounters happen in my imagination these days. Life was especially rich and exciting for me when I was in my teens, and of course the only way I can be 17 again is to sort through those old memories. I have found that being involved with my teenage son in his school activities has awoken some of those memories and feelings. When I tell my son that school hasn't changed and that it's just like it was when I was his age, he thinks I'm crazy. Well, I'll admit that one thing has changed. The music we had in the sixties was lightyears superior to the hip-hop and rap that they played at the prom recently.

Anyway, I like to laugh at myself whenever I can, and making others laugh is even better. This aging body with all of its pains and problems is not going to drag me down with it. Not if I can help it. Happy Friday! Swabby

oops! I had to come back and edit this. I'd signed the wrong name! It had nothing to do with all those brain cells I drowned in alcohol all those years ago or the fact that I'm 59. Nope, not at all.

[Edited on 25/5/2007 by swabbythewhite]
BelleBayard
Prancing Pony Moderator & Elf Laundry Mistress
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 03:26
Just poking my head in briefly. Been sooo busy lately. Down to less than 2 wks before the handfasting and still have 3 outfits to finish. Am sooo stressed. Sorry to hear about the various ailments and procedures and hope all feel better. It's off to work for me and definitely TGIF!
Neenime
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 25, 2007 12:42
Suilad, my friends, glad to see you all.

Have been spending loads of time at dance rehearsals as we approach pefomrmance date (June 5th). Things are going well. I expect to have my dance finished tomorrow and Idecided to be in it. Should be fun.

Randi I am sorry about the colt you lost. I am sure it got lots of love and care in its short time with you. Enjoy Fleetwood Mac - great name.

Belle hang in there. I hope the handfasting will go well and you can be all smiles.

Scots I hope you enjoy your reprieve from school before you become the student again.

I received a Cat- postcard this week. How nice! JuMst send her a card to say hello.

We finally got some serious rain here. Almost a full day of good, steady rain yesterday. So I'm off to play ion the garden tonight, although I am afraid that the 'skeeters are out! Yikes! Got to wear by bug jacket.

:heart: to all.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 07:11
Hello, FoF!

Today, I finally felt that, my ankle has recovered well enough to let me drive; at first I wasn't able to do that because of the stiffness. But today, I drove home from the mall where we had been shopping! It probably won't take long to get the touch back. :disco:

I also got a card from Cat a while ago; got to write back to her as soon as I can. Real life has been busy lately, and will be yet for another week.

I probably won't get much online tomorrow so, I wish you all a great weekend! :hug:
awelyn418
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 09:19
Hi Morwin, glad your ankle is doing so much better. I have not wrote back to Cat either I am going to have to just sit down and do it.

Neenime it was raining here today. We need it.

Hi Belle and good luck with finishing the costumes.

Swabby thank you for the recipes. I am going to try a casserole with my daughter's help today. I think I will see how I feel.

Scots you will have your kitchen done. Are you proud of yourself? Of course you are you and your husband put a lot of time and work into that project. I will not overdue I promise. My problem is making take walks and getting into the shower. I would probably stay in bed if not for knowing that is not the best for me.

I like yogurt smoothies that is a idea. Thank you for the suggestion.Virtuelle

Mith,the road to recovery is a long one. I have to sleep on my back and wear a binder both kill my back. I remember my mom telling me how the nurses use to wake you up with a warm washcloth and give you a back rub before bed. That would roll pillows and put them behind your back. I miss those things and wish my family knew some of those things.

MTMS good luck with the wedding and enjoy your summer. You deserve it.

Hi Balrog and Rose and Calle and HT,cirdaneth and Brandy,Randi,Jess.

We were talking about bees weeks ago . A weird thing happened two days ago. A 18 wheeler with hives of bees going to one of the states that needed them overturned in a wreck killing the driver that was a bee keeper. They called in bee keepers from everywhere to put the hives back and get them safely home. It took 2 days.that happened an hour and a half from me.
MinasTirithMS
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 03:23
Sorry to hear about your foot, virtuelle. Hobbling around is difficult when you have children to "tend to." Wish I could help.

Which fave ME character are you writing about, scots?? There's one (dark haired and scruffy, yet handsome) that I've been thinking about alot:love:.

It seems as if many of my most pleasureable encounters take place in my imagination as well, swabby (see abpve). I'm going to stop dreaming and take actions to make those dreams come true!

Good luck on getting those outfits done, Belle. I'd love to go to a hand-fasting. Please tell us all about it when you can.

Your dance performance sounds exciting, neenime. I know it'll be fabulous with you as a participant. :disco:

Good to know that your ankle is good enough for you to drive morwin. Have a relaxing Sunday.

I'm so sorry that you are uncomfortable with that binder on, awelyn. I do wish that I could come and help take care of you, especially now that school is out. I'd give you back rubs, brings drinks of your choice, chat with you, watch LOTR, prop your pillows and drink smoothies with you. Take care, sister dear.

MT
swabbythewhite
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 04:43
I've got my briskets on the grill today in preparation for tomorrow's festivities. I also plan to make some pico de gallo, fideo, home-made flour tortillas and the obligatory pot of pinto beans seasoned with ham. My brother and sister-in-law, and perhaps their youngest daughter will be coming to eat with us tomorrow. I'm hoping that my son' sgirlfriend can come by also and treat her taste buds to something new. Too many families don't cook much at home any more and that describes hers. My son spent the day with her at her house recently and afterwards I asked him what he'd had to eat. He told me that for lunch he'd had a hamburger from Sonic. For supper he also had a hamburger from sonic. Last night he was over there at her house and he said they had pizza. I guess that might explain why his girlfriend and about half the girls at his school are chubby. Out of my graduating class in 1967 I can only remember two over-weight people in the entire class. Of course there were only about 93 of us, but nowadays that might be 45. Fast food is turning us into slugs!

Awelyn, I think you ought to get MT to come and take care of you ASAP! When you're all healed, she can come and nurture me for a while. Back-rubs and smoothies! Weee! I'm next! I'm next!

Boy, that must have been a terrible injury you suffered, Morwin. I'm glad to hear that you're driving again. Do you think you could waltz now?

I've never understood why the skeeters are so bad up north, Neenime. I haven't seen any of them here in the warm south yet this year. What gives?

Happy Sunday, y'all. Swabby
Miththoliel
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2007 07:06
The excitement is mounting here. :disco: Just finished checking in on-line and printing out my boarding pass. My flight departs at 9 tomorrow morning. I feel like a kid again anticipating a fun filled time.

Swabby I agree with you about the cooking at home. It is so much healthier and tastes better. Everyone seems so busy these days and family time like we grew up with are dwindling. I'm thinking specifically of sitting at the dinner table together. My daughter cooks and I feel that is an important tradition passed on to her. Did you get a whiff of the sea air or was it the neck stretching? Seems you got your spunkiness back, lol. Love it! Oh, and your feast sounds yummy.

It was really warm but has cooled off just a bit now, Virtuelle. A nice day today to sit on the patio as there is a soothing lake breeze.

Awelyn, sending healing thoughts your way and some inspirational nurturing ones for your family to give you some TLC. Are you still going to be able to visit your daughter in WA?

Any tips for leaving Ara-baby, MT? I have him by my Middle Earth section where he can gaze out a window. It might be risky asking hubby to check on him so he will have to go it alone for a week.

Glad to hear you got some much needed rain, Neenime. Your dance sounds so cool....enjoy and have lots of fun with it.

Good luck with the hand-fasting outfits, Belle. Would love to see photos when you finish.

Well time to do a few last minute travel preparations. Take care and a wonderful Memorial Day holiday to those in the USA and a great week to you all! I'll be back next weekend. :wave: :hug:
<< First1213141516Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email