Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post How did it come to this?
on: March 25, 2007 07:38
This is an rp including Rivendell and Mirkwood, then ultimately Lothlorien. It is using my char Mirelwen. It takes place during the second rise of Sauron when he has invaded Mirkwood throwing shadow over the land. Post in the ooc if you want to join.

Mirelwen stood in the rain, her face cast down at the new mound in front of her. She was numb from the rain and sadness so heavy that it threatened to suffocate her. She did not believe that he was gone, it was impossible! But there was the proof in front of her, the new mound and the rock with his name carved into it.

Here lies Mornar, beloved friend, brother, and son. She dropped down and cast herself on his grave, finally letting the tears fall. She had buried him and felt the pain tear at her heart. He had been her best friend, why did he have to be taken by the orcs, why him? She sat there until she decided to get up, only then realizing how hard it was raining.

The forest river rushed along beside her, and it was nearly breaching its banks. MIrelwen dried her eyes of tears and walked down the path, now slipperey with mud. The forest was dark and eerily quiet, it unnerved her. Her hand strayed to her sword as she readied for some attack. Mornar would have been ready to fight in an instant, he would be joking about my unease and lighten the mood, she thought bitterly.

He had been her friend since she could remember. She pictured him when she had dragged him out of the cave after killing his captives. His clothes were ripped from whips and knives, his body bruised and his spirit broken. She tried to keep him with her long enough to get him to camp.

"Mornar, come back please. We have a mission to complete, I cannot do it alone mellon nin. Do not leave me, stay here. You can see your sister and mother and father again if you stay." Tears streaked through the dirt and blood on her face as he coughed and his body jerked in her arms.

"Mirelwen, i must go now. Even if I healed, my spirit is broken and I cannot live with that. Mellon nin, do not weep for me, be strong. You can do this, you must. The shadow shall take over all if you fail, and take you with it. I could not stand to see that happen to you."

His hand brushed her cheek and she cried harder, holding him close to her. She shook form crying so much and her chest hurt, as well as her throat. She tried to swallow her fear but it was lodged in her throat. "Mornar, please. I cannot face this life alone, stay with me. I can make you better, just promise you will not go."

"I am sorry, but I cannot. Please Mirelwen, I cannot stay here, I must go. Farewell, but it is not fiorever, for I shall see you again." He brushed a strand of hair from her face and his body spasmed again and then he was still. She clutched him close and cried, shaking form the pain his loss caused. She felt as if her heart was ripped out.

Mirelwen looked up after he flashback finished. She sat on a rock in the dark wood and cursed all eveil, dark, foul creatures. She sobed borkenly into her hands and wept for her loss, she wished he were here to comfort her, but he ws gone. She looked up at the clouded night sky into the rain.

"Why, how did it come to this, why must I lose you now? I need you now more than ever, show me I can go on and be alone, show me that I can live without you," she cried brokenly. She thought she heard a voice on the air, faint and beckoning her.

Trust yourself, you can go on. If you do not sway from your path, you can go onto accomplish many great things, trust me I know. We all have hard times that we need to overcome, and it is possible if you wish to, if you wish to mope, then you shall never get anything great doen in life.

She heard his words from before they had left Imladris for Mirkwood to help in fighting some new terroe that had ruined the gret forest. Mirelwen quit crying and got up, following the path down to a small stream that she wished to wash her face in. It was balck and slow, even though it had been raining for hours now. She got up, deciding against it and heading on down the path.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did it come to this?
on: March 25, 2007 09:09
(I am guessing they are somewhere around Mirkwood, if not let me know and I'll edit)

Nethwen Estel had been traveling through the forest, she carried a message for the King of Mirkwood from Lady Galadriel.
As she rode it was getting darker and her cloak was soaking wet from the rain. Fairshadow whinnyed to let her know that she wanted to stop.
"Yes mellon, we will be stoping very soon." Nethwen said as she patted Fairshadow's neck.

Then she stopped and dismounted, she thought she heard someone crying, but it could have been the wind.
"No, that is not wind." Nethwen said, she slipped around quietly, trying to see who might be crying.

Nethwen soon came upon a grave, it was not old, but seemed to be freshly dug. Nethwen looked around for a moment, then saw a figure walking away.
"Daro!" Nethwen commanded, then she ran over to the Elf.
When she saw the Elf's face she knew that this Elf had known whoever it was that was buried.

"I heard you crying, I think I know why. I am Nethwen Estel of Lothlorien." Nethwen said with a bow.
"I would ask you to tell me what has happened but I am carrying an urgent message for King Thranduil, could you take me to him?" Nethwen asked, her bow was slung over her shoulder.

Then Nethwen whistled for Fairshadow and the horse came running, Nethwen mounted her, getting some mud on Fairshadow's wet coat. She waited to see if the maiden would lead her to the King.

(hope this is okay for a start, Nethwen is usually the type to listen to peoples problems, but she is kinda busy. She probably will once they get to the Kingdom of Mirkwood)
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2007 11:36
Faenor went through the forests near Mirkwood, silently cursing to himself. These horrible stupid creatures, he murmured. His black clothes were torn and in his dark long hair hung many leaves.

About two hours ago he was with his horse on the way to Mirkwood in order to get some information about the current situation of Middle-earth when he and his two companions were suddenly attacked by arrows.

Faenor immediatelly knew what has happened -- Orcs. How he hated these lousy beasts! Of course the three of them had no chance against a whole group. Faenor did not know what happened. He fell of his horse after another arrow hit it and before he was able to grasp his sword he rolled down a hill into the bushes. As he managed to escape the thorns his companions and the orcs were gone.

Since then he walked thorugh this bloddy forest not knowing where he was. At the moment he was more than frustrated. He hated himself, the whole situation and in fact everything. All in all he really would have liked to kill the first person that crossed his path. But the whole forest seemed to be died out. Not any living creature except a few birds here and there.

He decided to rest somewhere as he heard voices. This cannot be!, he thought hopefully. Silently he went in the direction of the voices. Then he saw them. Two Elfmaidens were standing in front of him.

First Faenor was not sure about what to do. But then he stepped out of his hiding place and cleared his throat. He was sure that he looked quite funny with all the stuff sticking out of his hair. But this did not matter at the moment.

"Excuse me," he said in his deep voice and bowed slowly in front of the Elves. "My name is Faenor and I'm, well, let's say I'm lost." Curses!, he thought, Now my face gets red, too. Nevertheless he went on: "Could you please help me to find the path to Mirkwood again?!"

//Well, I hope it's alright. Oh, and thanks for allowing me to join!!!!
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
edited for language

[Edited on 26/3/2007 by BerethEdhellen]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 09:13
Mirelwen looked at the newcomer with wary eyes. His hair was a mess and his clothes ripped. HEr eyes held sadness as she looked him up and down, then her gaze turned to Nethwen.

"I can take you to the palace, but I have been here only once or twice. Come, we can travel together. And Faenor. this is the the path of MIrkwood and it leads to the palace. I can take you there and we can get you straightened out. I myself must see the King and his advisors, not to mention his son. I have messagesd for all of them from rivendell and I must tell them of the, the orc attacks,"

she choked out. Her eyes brimmed with tears again and she dropped to the ground, bruying her face in her hands. She stood after a few minutes and after she had regained her composure.

" I am sorry about that, please forgive me for that behavior, but something happend to me that had to do with those filthy creatures. Please, come this way." She stood and then only realized how tired she was and nearly fell down from diziness.

She pulled herslef together and shook her head, as if she was trying to clear it. Her dress was ripped and torn and stretched out from where she had been grabbed at as she escaped with Mornar, who was at rest in the mound behing them on the path. She turned to them and pulled her cloak around her and the hood up, then walked down the path, headed for the palace.

Mirelwen looked back every now and then to make sure they were following her and that they stayed in a group. HEr eyes wandered over the trees, who spoke with urgent and worried voices. No animals sounded and the forest was quiet. The trees were dark and she felt somethnig pressing on her, which did not fit with the normally cheerful and light, airy forest.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 10:52
Nethwen saw Mirelwen's distress and wanted to help her.
"Tell me what happened friend. I am good at listening." Nethwen said, her voice was sweet and soft as always.
After a moment she dismounted Fairshadow and let her follow behind, since the poor horse was getting tired.

Nethwen placed her hand on Mirelwen's shoulder, to show her that she was a friend and would do anything she could to help.
"I lost many people in my life too. My Father and Mother. My dear friend Haldir took care of me when I was young." Nethwen said, she sighed sadly at the memory.

Then she looked at her. "I am Legolas's cousin, it's a funny thing that I do not know where he lives. I have only been here once for traveling can be very dangerous. I am Lady Galadriel's messenger." Nethwen said, trying to change the sad subject.

Nethwen continued to looked at the strange Elf, he seemed to be distraught as well. She wondered why she had been placed with two people that were having terrible luck, maybe she would be able to help them both.
Nethwen smiled, she always loved to help people when they were going through rough times, maybe she could help them.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2007 12:30
Mirelwen looked at Nethwen and her eyes held a deep pain and sadness, her blue grey eyes looked about to burst with tears. She sighed and told Nethwen what had happened to Mornar and why they had been here in the first place.

"Otherwise I would be home with Mornar and my friends and family, and this would have never happened at all. He would still be alive if we had only declined Lord Elrond, but both of us were strongheaded and stubborn, not to mention we are both not put off easily. If he had obeyed the orcs, then he might still be alive, like me."

Her eyes welled with tears again and she looked away, back to the mound which was barely visible in the downpour. She sighed and continued down the path, ignoring the sounds around her as they returned slowly and the moon peeked out from behind the clouds as the storm halted.

It lit the path and her skin was lit under the light of the moon, giving it a blueish white tint since she was so pale to beging with. She pulled her cloak around her, not from cold but from an overwhelming since of lonliness and emptiness. They reached the palace gated and were ushered in by the guards. MIrelwen was expected as well as Mornar, but he was not there.

ONe of the guards who was good friends with the two knew that he would never had let her go alone or come without him. HE knew that something was wrong when he saw her eyes.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 07:06
As the sad looking Elf told him that he was on the right way already, Faenor showed a short grin. Something positive in this desperate situation.

Most of the way he went silently behind the two Elves. He listened to what Mirelwen told and felt pain in his chest, too. He did not know what had happened with his fellows about two hours ago, but he was sure that it was nothing good. Maybe they were already dead.

Deep in his grave thoughts he did not notice that they had already reached the palace at first. So it was a kind of a shock for him as he raised his head and looked into the eyes of a guard. But Mirelwen seemed to know him, so he let off his sword, where his hand had lain a few seconds before. Somehow he wasn't himself at the moment.

Faenor thought that it would be better to let the Elves speak first. They seemed to have even more urgent news, so he just waited in the background. Nevertheless he was very concentrated and tried to listen to every single word that was spoken.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2007 11:04
Mirelwen stood and quietly told Ornion about what had happened to Mornar. She leaned into his ear and told him where she had buried him in the woods, so he could go visit if he so wished. He nodded and then went to the throne room where King Thranduil was.

Ornion told him what had happened and Thranduil sent for Mirelwen. "Tell me, what was the reason for you to be captured so and why did they kill your compainion."

" My lord, he did not submit and cooperate, so they beat him and abused him until he was to far gone to save. I then got up and grabbed my weapons and fought them off, then took Mornar to camp, where he died in my arms."

SHe looked away and wiped her eyes quickly. She did not want the King to see her upset. He smiled and dismissed her, Ornion leading her to the room that had been made for her. She had been told that her companions were being taken care of as they needed to be.

She was left in silence in the room, its walls hung with soft fabrics and the bed was soft with deep green covers, She went outside to a pool not too far from the palace and pulled her dress off, slipping into the water silently. She came up to the surface, taknig in a breath of air and swam lazily around, her feet pushing her along in the cool, dark water.

The sky had opened up and the moon shone with the stars on te water, giving it a slight silvery tint. SHe sighed and closed her eyes, slipping into the water to dive. She touched the bottom then shot to the surface, once again lying on her back and floating there, right in the centre of the pool.

Her hair streamed out and then rested on her body. Mirelwen felt somewhat comforted by the water and the night sky. She felt as if she were being watched and looked up seing a small black squirrel in the tree staring at her. She made a face at it and kicked off, putting space between her and the little animal.

[Edited on 27/3/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 06:11
Nethwen bowed when she came before the King.
"I have a message from the Lady Galadriel my lord." Nethwen said.

"The Lady Galadriel has told me to warn you about a coming attack. We were attacked not long ago by the creatures, goblins and orcs that have banded together and are coming this way. Some of our scouts followed them for a time to see where they were headed next, they are coming here." Nethwen explained. Then she looked down sadly.

"They killed many of the Lorien warriors during the attack. They are hard to stop and very determind. You must be wary." Nethwen said.
Then she bowed again and excused herself.

Nethwen wandered down the great halls of the Mirkwood kingdom. She began to wonder where Mirelwen had gone off to, but she didn't think on it too much.
When she came to a room that had been assigned to her she sat down on the bed and sighed sadly. The realization of the loss of her good friends had sunk in, she wouldn't be seeing them again.

She had fought beside them when they were trying to defend their borders, and she had seen so many of them fall.
"Life goes on, they are not in pain anymore." Nethwen said, then she sat up straight and walked out of the room, she did not want to keep to herself the whole time.
She actually wanted to talk more with Mirelwen, she wanted to be her friend so that she could help her through the hard time that she had just gone through, and the hard times that might come.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 09:34
Mirelwen had finished her swim and put her dress back on. It was a deep blue with silver embroidery on the collar and sleeves, which billowed at her sides. It had a wide collar and she wore her cloak over it. She walked slowly through the gardens and then went to the palace. Once at her room, she dropped onto the bed and refused to go any further. SHe roleld over and stared out the wide doors leading to her balcony.

She would have to remeber to thank Thranduil for this room, it had a beautiful view of the forest and trees. SHe was lying with her back to the door, ignoring the sounds of people walknig past in the hall. Her ears picked up a familiar step adn she rolled over right as Ornion walked in. "How are you coping with Mornar's loss? I still cannot believe that he is truely gone. It seems that it is one big prank and he will simply jump out of some corner, laughing at our gullability." She could only nod in agreement.
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 10:49
As the two ladies had told the king their messages they went off quickly. Faenor didn't realise it before he stood himself before Thranduil. He bowed in front of the king and then said with a strong voice: "My Lord, I am Faenor from Rohan. Me and two od my kin were attacked by Orcs near Mirkwood. Mirelwen was so kind to offer me shelter here in your halls."

After a few more questions about the bad situation at Rohan's borders an Elf dressed with a long silver coat came to Faenor and brought him into another part of the palace.

Arriving in his wonderful room Faenor opened the window to breathe in the fresh air adn so to clear his mind. He closed his eyes and tried not to think about the day's events.

Then he went to the mirror and decided to clean himself. After he was finished he looked like a rider of Rohan again, his dark hair tied up in his neck. But he still couldn't find rest, so he decided to take a short walk outside in the gardens. The stars were twinkling in the heaven and Faenor sat down on a bank, just watching the peaceful nightsky.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 11:15
Mirelwen was saddened and her heart was heavy and she walked slwoly out to the gardens to clear her head. She found a tree that was quite large and she climbed it with ease and rested between two branches that made a natural resting place. Her eyes scanned the forest and she saw a smaal figure in the distance.

She closed her eyes and sat there, enjoying the moonlight and the sight of the stars. SHe wrapped her cloak around her even though she did not feel the night's chill, but it felt good to have that small comfort that it offered. She heard the tree mourning for her loss and she put a hand on the trunk, thanking it even though ot was pointless.

She then jumped down and walked slwoly through the trees. She did not know where she was gonig, only that she was trying to escape the sense of utter terror and lonliness at losing her best friend in the time she had lived.

"Why could I have died in his stead, or at least died with him? Then I would not have to suffer so, and I could be happy again. Valar, why me? Mornar was my best friend and now he is gone, I know not what to do, please help me to find my way and keep me on the right path in life."

She looked to the West with longing and then stood, going back to the tree she had occupied earlier, climbing once again into the small crook big enough for two.

It made her think of Mornar and how she wished desperately for him to be sitting beside her in the tree, talknig about all the times they had spent together and the jouney here.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 11:51
Nethwen began to walk about outside, she overheard Mirelwen talking.

Why couldn't I have died in his stead, or at least died with him?

Nethwen sighed, she had asked herself that many times, but found that it was something that couldn't be helped. It was Fate, some said. Nethwen wasn't sure she believed that, but maybe it was.

Nethwen approached the tree and climbed up. She sat down on the branch of the tree. "I have felt the same way as you Mirelwen, asked the same questions. I find that it is useless to ask those questions, because it doesn't help the person." Nethwen said.

"My Nana used to alwasy tell me that when people die they reunite with old friends and that they are happy, but it was so hard for me to believe that when I watched my Nana slowly die because of grief. I don't know if I believe what she used to say." Nethwen said, but then she realized that she was pitying herself when Mirelwen was the person who hd just lost someone.

"I'm sorry, I must sound pretty selfish to talk about myself like this." Nethwen said, then she smiled. "I really am happy because I have so many friends and people to care for me. I want to be your friend Mirelwen, I want to be able to help you come through your troubles." Nethwen said, she was had a very kind and giving spirit.

Nethwen put her hand on Mirelwen's shoulder. "If you need to cry you are welcome to cry on my shoulder." Nethwen whispered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2007 01:01
Mirelwen could not talk, her voice would betray her if she did. She only nodded numbly to Nethwen's words of help and of friendship and hugged her.

"Thank you for wanting to help me. I have only Elladan and Elrohir now, and they are in rivendell, unable to aide me in my sorrow. I am glad that you are here for me, and I shall appriciate the friendship we can establish. Nethwen, you are a very kind person and it is unfair that you lost someone, for it seems unfair that a kind person such as yourself would have to suffer so. What say you to going for a walk this evening. We could walk in the garden here and just talk if you would like to join me."

Mirelwen was suprised that someone would actually wish to help her now, since she normally was alone unless accompanied by Mornar, who was no longer there. She felt tears welling up in her eyes again and she wiped them away. She put her hood down and her long, brown hair with red highlights hung around her shoulders and shone in the moonlight.

Her pale skin reflected the light of the moon and stars in it, gving her a blueish, white tint. Her icy blue eyes held sadness but it was slowly evaporating with the thought of another friend to help her. She smiled at Nethwen timidly and then hopped nimbly from the tree, her dark blue light, nearly see through dress billowing around her.

She pulled her cloak around her tightly and waited for Nethwen to come down. Once she came down, the two of them walked in the garden slowly, talking about the wood and their rooms they had been given and the Elves here and at her home as well as in Lothlorien.

Mirelwen felt lighter and she found herself feeling less saddened at the loss of Mornar. They stopped at a boulder in a clearing and Mirelwen sat on top, while Nethwen sat at the foot. They talked some more and then Mirelwen fell silent, her ears picking up a noise.

She felt uneasy all of a sudden and she pulled her cloak around her. She felt as if she were being watched and looked around, expecting to see a forest creature staring at her like the small squirrel had been when she was swimming.

(Ithilion, you can come in here. This your cue!!!) I hope you do not mind that I moved Nethwen along with Mirelwen, Elfmaiden. If so then I will edit.

[Edited on 29/3/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 12:26
(thats fine Elfalas)

Nethwen smiled at Mirelwen. "Life is unfair sometimes. I think everyone must suffer once in their life, if not more." Nethwen said sadly.

Nethwen gladly joined Mirelwen in a walk. After talking for a little bit she saw Mirelwen seemed uneasy, Nethwen soon realized someone was watching them and she spotted a figure hiding.

Nethwen rolled her eyes and walked over, she grabbed the collar of the Elf's tunic and pulled him out.
"Don't be too worried, he won't hurt you. He just likes to stare at pretty faces." Nethwen said as she glared at the Elf she had discovered.

(I hope this doesn't bother anyone, I hope it's okay that Nethwen knew him ahead of time. If not let me know, I thought maybe he had tried to suduce her once with your character before Ithilion, but if you don't like that I'll edit)

OOC: I hope I was right about your character being suductive Ithilion....thats what I was told by Elfalas....so if I got this wrong please let me know.

[Edited on 29/3/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2007 10:43
(that's ok Elfmaiden, i've always wanted to try a character that was a little naughtier.)

Bainion had been watching the two maidens for quite some time now. he recognised Nethwen immediately, but who the other was he could not say. he found her to be a most interesting lady. even at a glance, he could see that she was beautiful, so he had decided to follow her and investigate the situation

he stood now in an alcove at one side of the gardens, watching the two ladies talking. he was well hidden, and could not be seen by either of them. or so he thought. he was rather rudely awakened from his thoughts when a hand grabbed the front of his tunic and hauled him out into the open. in the face of the angry nethwen, all he could do was grin and chuckle nervously

"good day milady. i had not expected to see you here again. how have you fared?"
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 07:33
Nethwen rolled her eyes. "Since when have you become polite Bainion?" Nethwen asked.
Then she saw that he was staring at Mirelwen.
"Mirelwen, this is Bainion. He was my friend, once." Nethwen said.

"Now, why are you out here Bainion? I have not seen you for years. I thought you might have found yourself a pretty girl by now." Nethwen asked.
She wasn't sure why she was being friendly to him, but she couldn't start yelling at him in front of Mirelwen.

Then she leaned over a whispered in his ear.
"Don't even think of trying to get near Mirelwen, or me again. I don't want you to hurt her, and you don't want to make me angry." Nethwen whispered, then she stood away from him and smiled as if nothing had happened.

(Nethwen is a very protective character, but she will be friendly, don't worry. She just worrys about Mirelwen.)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:05
MIrelwen started when Bainion had been pulled out of the bushes. SHe knew there had been someone there, she had snesed it. However his presence had strtled her nonetheless and she nearly toppled off of the boulder she was perched on. She changed her landing and hopped gracefully onto the forest floor.

She narrowed her eyes in suspicion at this new face. What did Nethwen mean about friend once? Could he have done someting to make her dislike him? She found that hard to believe since Nethwen was so kind. She shook her head and walked out of the garden, feeling tired.

SHe went to her room and threw the curtains open that were on the door and windows. Mirelwen then closed the door leading to the hals and she laid on her bed, not puling the bedding down. HEr thoughts strayed what Nethwen had said. She was glad to have a friend amongst all of this chaos.

She silently choked back a sob and rolled over, facing away from the door. She wept quietly into her pillow until the tears stopped. SHe then got up and decided to walk back outside, but grabbed her light silver robe instead of her cloak. It allowed her to move more freely than the cloak did and it complimented her dress.

Both of the colours were her favorites as well as Mornar's. She let out a long drawn out sigh and walked slowly back to where Nethwen and Bainion were. She stayed in the background and by the boulder, sitting on top of it once more. HEr eyes studied Bainion with skepticism and they held a curious light in them.

HEr steely icy blue eyes reflected the moonlight and gave her an interesting look. She chewed her lip and rested her chin upon her hand. She paid no attention to the hair that hung into her eyes and she waited for Nethwen to say more about this new Elf. He had a certain air about him that made her feel uncomfortable and selfconcious.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:27
Bainion's face bore an expression of hurt innocence"my lady, you wound me deeply! i was simply taking a stroll in the gardens, and happened across you and your companion. remembering the ... unpleasentness between us, i thought it best if you did not see me, lest it cause you embarassment. anny insinuation that i mean you or your ... enchanting... friend any harm is nonsense." too late he realised what he had said, and tried to cover his mistake. "now if you will excuse me, i have urgent business to attend to elsewhere." he turned on his heel and marched back to the palace with an air of indignance that was far too strong to be genuine

(BTW, Elfalas, what did i do to Nethwen? she seems really ticked at me for something, and i thought it might help my character if i knew what it was)
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:35
Faenor was still sitting on the bank in the gardens as he suddenly heard voices drawing nearer. Not really interested he turned his head to take a look who was about to come. It were the two Elf maidens he had met this day. They seemed to talk about very seriuos things, so he decided not to disturb and leaned back again.

Nevertheless his eyes rested in their direction. Suddenly another Elf, a male one, popped out of an alcove. Where did he come from?! Well, so he wouldn't be the only disturber, Faenor thought and slowly stood up.

He walked to the Elves and as he was near enough he said: "Hello, nice to meet you again in these beautiful grounds!" At least he didn't look like a wild creature now, like he did in the forests.

Faenor looked at the male Elf and bowed slightly in order to greet him. "You know each other?!", he asked turning his dark blue eyes on Nethwen. She somehow seemed to be angry. Faenor couldn't help himself but smile a little bit.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:37
(I just PMed you with some ideas Ithilion)

Nethwen watched as he left. Then she sighed.
"I'm afraid I was quite rude. I really must calm my temper better." Nethwen said. "We don't get along very well. But I don't want to bore you with old stories." Nethwen said to Mirelwen.

Nethwen sat down for a moment, then she heard her stomach growl and realized she had not eaten anything since she arrived.
"I don't know about you Mirelwen, but I must go and eat something." Nethwen said with a smile.
Then she rose and walked away to the palace.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2007 09:44
(your char tried to seduce Nethwen at one point in time Ithlion)

Mirelwen watched Bainion leave and she laughed to herself at his actions. Her laughter was light and like a bell tinkling. She then turned to Faenor and smiled at him. " Nice to see you again, friend. I see you cleaned up and washed off, that is good."

She turned and walked toward the palace, but stopped at another garden, entranced by the flowers there. She dropped onto a bench and sat there, her eyes watching the moon and stars. Her neck began to hurt however so she lowered her head and rubbed her neck to rid it of the stiffness.

She stared into the forest without really seeing, her mind wandering to other more important things other than trying to figure out this new Elf. She got up and walked slowly to the palace, stopping every now and then. She sat on another bench and did not move again, watching the stars once again.

She had the same feeling agin that someone was watching her, but she ignored it. Instead she walked further into the forest, walking down the path. Her feet strayed from the path and she found herself in a beautiful clearing. The moon shone in it and lit it up with a silvery light.

There was a small brooke that ran through it. She marveled at the small white and blue flowers in the grass that came out only at night. She sat by the water and let her fingers brush the water's surface. She started singing softly an old song. It was the Elbereth Gilthonel chant and her voice was light and beautiful.

She finished and let her shoulders sag, then sang another song. Mirelwen looked up to the stars and then to the water, staring at her reflection. She did not very much like her face, being very angular and femenine. Ehr hand strayed to her hair and she ran her fingers through it absently, her mind on other matters.

She did not like the way that the messengers from Mirkwood had come and asked for Mornar and herself to help here. She tought it strange, since King Thranduil did not get along with her father very well, especially after the last incident. She laughed quietly at the memory of the two Elf lords and their last "meeting".

Her hand rubbed her shoulder and neck, trying to rid herself of the tension she felt and the soreness. She pulled her sleeve up and examined the buises on her wrist and the rubbed raw skin. She winced slightly when she touched the place. Mirelwen touched the water again and submerged her wrists.

It was from the iron shackles that had been placed on her when she was captured. She sighed and turned around, her back now to the stump that had been at her side. She stared into the forest intently, hearing footsteps coming this way. Her ice blue eyes narrowed and watched the path, chewing on her lip.

[Edited on 31/3/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 09:39
When Nethwen had finished her meal she went back outside.
She kept her eye out for Bainion, she had no intention of running into him again, but she did want to find Mirelwen.

She walked around until she came upon a pool, Mirelwen seemed to be washing her wrists, but then Nethwen noticed that she had bad bruises and raw skin.
"Mirelwen! How on erth did you get so hurt?" Nethwen said as she knelt beside her and examined the wounds.

Then Nethwen remembered that she still had her travel clothes on and her pouch that she kept healing herbs and salves in. Nethwen pulled out the small pouch that had some soothing salve in it.
"Here, let me rub this on your wrists. It should help the raw skin heal faster." Nethwen said as she gently rubbed the salve on.

As she continued to help she decided that she should probably explain a little about Bainion.
"That Elf you met earlier, his name is Bainion if you didn't catch that during our short conversation. He is a great mystery, but not someone you want to try to get close to, I can assure you that." Nethwen said as she remembered the time she had gotten close to him

Nethwen did not want to tell Mirelwen about him too much, because she did not want to arouse curiousity, but she simply ended with, "Do not go near him unless I am present. I want to protect my friend." Then Nethwen stood.

"Take care of yourself now. I want to walk around some more and you are welcome to join me if you wish." Nethwen said, then she turned and walked away.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2007 10:31
Bainion went back to his room and sat down heavilly in one of the chairs. he felt slighted by Nethwen's remarks earlier, and at the same time, he knew in his heart they were true. he had only seen Mirelwen for but a few short moments, but that had been enough, and he could not now drive her from his mind. he stood, now resolved that he would have her at whatever cost. he marched out of his room in search of her.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 09:09
Mirelwen thanked Nethwen quietly for helping her but declined from the offer. "I would rather stay here and sit by the water." She smiled and watched Nethwen walk away. SHe sighed and listened to the water babble over the rocks.

Her eyes turned upward toward the sky and she watched the stars briefly. HEr thoughts then turned to Bainion and here eyes crossed with confusion. Wh ydid Nethwen warn her against him, he seemed harmless enough.

But then in her time, seeming harmless is diferent from being harmless. She put her head in her hands as her thoughts turned to the words the messenger had brought for her and Mornar. The king had wished for them to come to Mirkwood, but why? It was quiet and peaceful here, and the wood was as beautiful as ever.

But her eyes faltered and held uncertainty now. Then, why had the froest seemed to be speaking so urgently and when she had frist arrived it seemed so dark? I wonder what is gonig on. I shall just have to ask Thranduil in the morning. She stretched and her back rested against the stump, her arms folding around her knees as she slowly let her eyes drift shut, until she was looking through slits.

The tears came anyway and she cried silently, her sobs lost to the ears of men. HEr body wracked with the sobs coming from her and her breathing hitched slightly. She wiped them away and sat there, trying to catch her breath and get control of her emotions. It hurt her so much that she had lost such a good friend.

SHe thought of the memories she would have for years to come, then she cried some more, much in the same way she had been moments ago. Her body shook from anger and the drain from sobbing. She tried to sing but her voice wavered and shook.

She calmed herself and then sang, her voice cutting through the night. SHe sang a song of despair and pain, filled with grief, loss, and abandonement, which is what she felt now. Her song cut through the air like a knife and penetrated the forest. She heard the trees sigh with ease and contemptment flooding through them, at least the ones near her did.

She held her head in her hands and winced when she scraped the tree, her back flaring with pain. The wounds would take time heal, both physical and mental. Mirelwen leaned foreward slightly to ease the pain, then continued singing.

[Edited on 4/4/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2007 11:13
Nethwen paused and sighed sadly. She could hear Mirelwen singing her sad song. Nethwen hoped she would be alright.
"I had better keep an eye on her anyway. I would hate for her to have to go through her misery alone." Nethwen said.

Then she let her hair down from the bun it had been in. She decided that since she wouldn't be doing any fighting she could let her hair down and free.
Nethwen always felt a little sad when she came to this forest. The sunlight was very dim, not like in Lorien. Sometimes Nethwen thought that she couldn't live without the warm sunshine on her face, but she usually didn't mind coming to Mirkwood.

Nethwen walked until she heard a sound. It sounded like a bird, but she knew it was not. Nethwen looked up at a tree beside her and saw an Elf sitting up there.
"Suilad." Nethwen called up. The Elf smiled and jumped down.
"Who are you?" Nethwen asked.
The brown haired elf bowed. "My name is Lindar. I was just sitting up there admiring all the birds that live above, but then I notced a very pretty little bird down here." Lindar said with a smile.

Nethwen smiled back. "Thank you. I was just wandering around, seems like I have nothing much to do now." Nethwen sighed.
"Oh. How would you like it if I showed you around?" Lindar suggested.
Nethwen nodded. "That would be very nice. I have been here quite a few times but I am sure that I have not seen everything. It would be nice to have someone to talk to as well." Nethwen said.

Lindar held out his arm and Nethwen took it then he led her around, showing her different things and telling her interesting stories. Nethwen laughed and frowned as he told them.
After a while Nethwen thought it would be best to see how Mirelwen was doing.
"Thank you Lindar, but I must go now. I'm sure I'll see you again before I leave." Nethwen said.
Lindar bowed and let her leave to find Mirelwen.

(I just put Lindar in there so that Nethwen would have someone to talk to, he won't be staying around)
Túrwen87
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2007 12:01
After his short talk with the Elves Faenor went back to his room. But the more he tried to rest the less it was possible. He just couldn't sit still anywhere. So he decided to go outside again.

He was deep in thought as he suddenly bumped into someone. "Ouch!", he called out. He looked into a familiar face. He had run straight into the Elf called Bainion. "I'm sorry," he said immediatelly. "Are you alright?" But then Faenor couldn't help grinning. "I think I must try to open my eyes when I'm walking around in such a busy place."

He paused shortly before he decided to ask Bainion: "Where are you going? Can I join you? I don't know Mirkwood quite well, so if I'm not disturbing you...." He looked at the Elf with his dark blue eyes and waited for his answer.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 06, 2007 05:40
Bainion recovered swiftly from the collision, and made an efort not to seem flustered. "fear not good sir. no harm was done, but i fear i will not be able to enjoy the pleasure of your company this day. i have much to do, and many personal matters to attend to, though i thank you for your concern." with that, Bainion turned and walked quickly away, barely concealing the slight flush of embarassment that now coloured his cheeks. he knew that, if he were to spy on Nethwen and her friend, he would need to be much more careful. that was almost the second time in a single day he had been caught.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 07, 2007 03:15
Mirelwen heard the two male voices and she cringed. One of them belonged to one who was kind and had arrived with them; the other was one that she was warned against. She got up, her sheer blue dress billowing around her and threw her silver robe back on.

She ran for the caves, going around the two in a wide circle. She ran as if her life depended on it, not stopping for anything. Once inside, she stopped in the corridor and stood with her back against the wall, hands and arms pressed against it, her chest heaving from her trip that would normally take close to three hours that she completed in one and one half. Ornion walked up to her, his eyes held a hint of mirth.

"And what scared this lady so bad that she must nearly take her energy? Mirelwen, you must go to your room and rest yourself, it is getting very late and tomorrow we have some celebrations to attend in your honor for arriving." He turned and walked after giving her a hug nad then sending her to her room.

As she shut the door to her room, she laughed quietly at him, sending her to her room like some child. Mirelwen looked at the tapestries that adorned the walls. She crossed the room to her bed and sat on the edge, removing her light slippers she had wore outside.

She then laid down on her bed, not bothering to pull her robe off or placing herself between the covers. With her arm pulled up under her face and her hair as a curtain, obscuring her face, she fell into a deep sleep. It was a fairly large room, the one that King Thranduil had always given her since she had came the first night and she had heard Legolas caught in a night mare.

She had soothed him back to sleep and King Thranduil had moved her to the room beside his son. She had slept there ever since then and none of them would have it any other way. Legolas slipped into her room and went to her bed, sitting on it. She looked up and smiled, then looked away.

"Mirelwen, I am sorry about Mornar, father told me everything about your trip, at lest what you told to him. Tomorrow we are having some celebrations, I expect you to enjoy yourself, "He said with a slight teasing tone in his voice. She looked at him and made a face.

"I shall try, oh mighty one, my lord, but I doubt that I will enjoy anything. Even life itself has been dull here of late, even when Mornar was at my side. That is why we came when called upon, else both of us would be unharmed in Rivendell, not me here drowning in giref, "She whispered bitterly.

He smied and hugged her, then made to leave. He turned to her, in the doorway framed by the light in the hall. "I trust you will have an uninterrupted night's sleep, Mirelwen. Good night, and may your dreams be pleasant and fair," he said softly.

Then he turned and walked out of the room, closing the door with a creak behind him. She watched the door for a moment more, then rolled over, staring at a painting under her curtain of dark hair.

She soon fell into sleep, rolled over facing the opposite wall of the door. Legolas laid in his room baside hers and fell asleep also, but his dreams were troubled and he moved restlessly in his sleep until they subsided. She woke and could not rest, so she got up again and walked outside, not watching where she was going. She walked barefoot, her robe in her room.

She felt herself collide with someone and she reeled back, falling on her back. She sat up slightly and looked up. "I am sorry, I should have paid attention, please forgive me," she said quietly. Her ice blue eyes looked up and she saw she had ran into Bainion.

Her eyes widened as she stared up at him, then she pushed herself to her feet. Her arms crossed over her chest and her face marred by a slight frown. Her ice blue eyes pierced his as she seemed to observe everything about his personality. Mornar had always told her she could make even an orc uncomfortable with her eyes.

She then bowed slightly and turned to walk away, but heavy footsteps made her blood run cold. Her hand whipped to her side, on her sword's hilt immediately. She slashed two orcs before they knew what had happened. One however had gotten in his blow. She bit back a cry as the blade cut deeply into her arm and another grazed her cheek.

She turned and killed both of them, then she stabbed one more. Once the orcs were gone, she ran back to the caves and burst into Thranduil's sturdy, her red blood running down her arm freely. "My lord," she gasped," orcs in the wood. They just attacked. I felled many, but not without consequence. You should sent out a scouting party to rid you of the rest," she said, closing her eyes with pain.

SHe breathed in and put her hand over the cut, trying to stem the steady flow of blood. "I must go se the healers, I think it may have been poisoned, the blade. Forgive me my lord for bursting in, but ithought you may wish to know before things got out of hand," she murmured quietly.

Her eyes had glazed as if in dream, and her body swayed. She stumbled to the healers and collapsed on the bed. They worked silently, knowing it was poison from her actions. Meanwhile Thranduil had Legolas come in and told him of what had happened.

Legolas nodded and went to get a group together, who went looking for more orcs. Mirelwen laid in her own bed after being carried there by Ornion. He had put a blanket over her and then left her there, her door wide open with his rushing.

[Edited on 10/4/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 02:20
at the moment the orcs attacked, Bainion knew he no longer had any wish to be nearby. he turned and fled, crashing through the woods back to the palace. only once he had reached the safety of the main hall did he stop for breath. he felt no shame in running away. the lady Mirelwen could surely look after herself, and did not need his help. besides, he wasn't about to risk his neck over her, beautiful though she was. but he had been so close! so close to getting her alone, without the bothersome and frankly dangerous Nethwen watching over her. the orcs' timing had been impeccable, he thought to himself bitterly. he resolved to return to his room and rest from his ordeal. he would think on his next move later...
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 02:33
Nethwen had been walking in the woods when the orcs suddenly attacked. She kicked herself for not bringing her sword out with her.
She had no choice but to return to the palace, she hoped Mirelwen was not fighting.

When she came inside she saw Bainion, he took in a deep breathe, then seemed upset.
Nethwen smirked, she knew that he had probably been trying to find Mirelwen when the orcs attacked.
She walked over to him, still smirking.
"No luck yet Bainion? I'm afraid I have told her to watch out for you. I don't think she will be wanting to be alone with you anytime soon." Nethwen said.

Then she turned and walked away from him. She decided that it would be best to find Mirelwen.
She could hear the healers working in one of the rooms, so she went there.
When she saw Mirelwen she gasped.
"Will she be alright?" Nethwen asked. "The wound was poisoned, but I think we have removed most of it. I think she will be fine, but I would rather her not get up from this bed for a few days." The healer explained.

Nethwen nodded as she kept her eyes on her friend.
"Well, I'm glad she is alright." Nethwen said.
"We still have some work to do though, please leave." The healer said.
Nethwen nodded and walked out of the room.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 02:59
as Nethwen walked away, Bainion could not keep from scowling. "what i do, and who i wish to talk to, in private or in public, is little business of yours, my lady." but his words were already lost to her as she swept down the hallway. he turned away sullenly and went back to his room, where he slept soundly until the following morning
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 05:40
Mirelwen watched with disinterest as the healers worked on her. When they left, she listened for footstepes and when she heard none, she went out into the halls and snuck to Legolas' room. HE was back from the scouting, and sitting on his bed.

Mirelwen sat down beside him and stared at the floor. He watched her out of the corner of his eye, one eyebrow raised.

"Mirelwen, why are you in here? Not that I do not mind the comany of a friend, but are you not to be resting. You should have ran back here, not fight the orcs. It was foolish, but brave. your father will be pleased to know tha thois daughter took on a whole scouting party of orcs by herself," he said teasingly.

She looked at him and smiled, but it faded. "No," she whispered," ada cannot, must not know about this. It is bad enough I took them on alone, unaided, but getting hurt in the process would only anger him. And that Bainion person, he ran! Of all the lowly creatures in this land, he ran! You would think he would have stood up to at least a few of them," she said bitterly, her ice blue eyes smoldering with anger.

She clenched her hands and unclenched them, Legolas put and arm around her shoulders. "Come now, everyone cannot be natural born killing machines like you Mirelwen, or be born to hate all evil and wish to wipe it out yourself, as with you," he teased.

She sighed and laid back on the bed, staring at the ceiling. "I suppose you are right Legolas. But still, he could have done something, other than blundering through the wood like a lost orc," she retorted. He laughed and got up, bringing a chair to the bedside.

HE sat on the chair and she laid on the bed, both falling asleep. Early in the morning they woke and went to a clearing to practice shooting their bows. Mirelwen shot fairly well, even though her shoulder hurt slightly. She winced and put her bow down.

"Legolas," she said softly," I wish to walk for awhile before sneaking back in. Do you care to join me, or would you rather stay and perfect your skills?," she taunted.

HE laughed and slung his bow on his back as she had done, then they both walked away into the wood. They talkd for many hours and the yended in the tree that fit two in its branches well. He looked over at her and noticed her rubbing her shoulder.

"Do wish to go back and rest? We have been out for awhile this morning and the sun is just rising. Or do you want me to change the bandage here for you," her asked. She nodded afirmative to the latter and he changed the bandage for her, then sat back in the tree with her. They sat like this, not speaking until they heard someone come through ther wood and sit right under the tree they were in.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 06:39
Bainion approached the tree Mirlewen and Legolas were sitting in, and called up to her. "milady, i wonder if i might have a word in private. i came to apologise for my reprehensible behaviour earlier. i am disgusted at myself. if any harm has befallen you, i do not know what i shall do."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2007 08:24
(I hope it's okay to bring up the relation between Legolas and Nethwen. I'm sorry that I did not bring it up earlier, and if would rather me change it thats okay too. Nethwen is Legolas's cousin)

Nethwen wandered through the great halls throughout the palace of Mirkwood. She realized that she had not had a word with her cousin yet, but it would have to wait.
Nethwen had seen Legolas and Mirelwen sneak out, and she smiled because she knew Mirelwen was not one to be held back.

Nethwen began to wonder where Bainion had gone to. She had no wish to be near him but lately she had been keeping an eye on his whereabouts, but now he seemed to have escaped her.
"As long as Mirelwen is with Legolas I know she'll be safe." Nethwen assured herself.

Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email