Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did it come to this?
on: May 18, 2007 02:59
Mirelwen looked at Bainion when they were taken into the halls of healing within the stone walls of the palace. She sat on the edge of Bainion's bed and placed her hand on his. She looked down sadly at him, feeling many mixed emotions rage war within her. The feeling that one was something that suprised her, love and happiness.

"Bainion, I am sorry if I ever doubted you. Your actions taken prove otherwise of you, and I am thankful, mel, meleth nin," she said softly.

He hand went to her neck and rubbed the bruises and cut from the blade. She trembled, remembering the bite of the steel in her neck. She walked back to the bed she had been placed in and laid down, too tired to do much else at the moment. She watched the healer fuss over her wounds and chide her.

"My lady, really! This must stop, between you the prince, Lord Elrond's sons, all of your friends, I really cannot take much more of your actions, it is waering me thin I must say. Look at you! all covered in blood and dirt, most of it is not your own, something I am glad to see for once, but you must stop. And now you have drug two others into your little parties, ai. I only hope they will get out before it is too late," he said, winknig at Mirelwen.

"Oh no, these two are here to stay, as are the rest of my friends. I suggest you do what you have done all these long years so well, kee pthe herbs close by and the beds made up, just in case of another mishap," she said, smiling widely.

The healer laughed and pushed her back down onto the pillows, dabbing a salve ont oehr neck to help with the bruising. She then rubbed some on her swollen bruised eye, careful not to touch too hard. Mirelwen winced when she touched her ribs.

"Oh lady Mirelwen, I am afraid some of these ribs are cracked, bruised and broken. You will need to keep from getting into trouble for at least a few days now, you can do that, can you not?," she asked sarcastically.

Mirelwen snorted in indignince, causing the healer to laugh. "It is not all the time we come in hurt to you, sometimes we come to visit others," she said slyly.

Mirelwen hopped out of the bed and moved away, dodging a slap from her friend Malanor. He glared but laughed. She laid down by Bainion, resting by his side. Malanor arched an eyebrow but left. He saw Legolas and pointed back to the room, looking at him quizically.

"Did you know about Mirelwen? I did not think she would ever love another, so distraught after Mornar and all," he said softly. Legolas just shrugged with a smile and walkd off laughing.
tawar_meldis
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 05:31
As Earendil rode she saw sighs of a recent battle but as near as she could tell it appeared to be over now.

She approached a barred gate, She gave was able to prove she was not hear to harm and was allowed in.
(from other post a gathered to there are supposed to be barred gates on the main road.)

She rode her mare to the stable. There she took care of the animals needs herself.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 02:34
as bainion lay in the healing rooms, a great weariness came over him. he was scratched and bruised, and covered in blood. fortunately none of it was his, but he felt more weary than he ever had. as he lay in a daze, he suddenly sensed someone lie beside him. he looked over and saw that it was Mirlewen. he smiled warmly and put an arm out to take her hand, and gently drifted into a deep sleep.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 03:14
Mirelwen accepted Bainion's hand and she grasped it in hers, scooting over a little. She rested against him and closed her eyes partially, feeling heavy wearines settle over her body and soul. She sighed and looked over at him, feeling happy for the first time in many long years. She smiled again and fell asleep, her head resting against Bainion. Legolas was at the stables and saw the newcomer. "Greetings, are you in need of any asistance?," he asked calmly.
Mirelwen woke several hours later, her eyes looking around the room. It was dark and a smal lfire burned low in the fireplace at the far end of the room. She looked over and could see Bainion outlined by the firelight. She got up and quietly padded over to the fire, holding her arm against her chest. It had been relocated when Morgaur had pulled it out of socket during their fight.

She trembled when remembering him and his iron like grip on her. She shuddered and rubbed at her arms, trying to rid herself of the feeling she had. She jumped when she felt someone touch her gently. She turned and stared into familiar eyes. She still trembled slightly from her memories of Mordor and the feeling she had felt when Morgaur had her in his grasp.

[Edited on 20/5/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2007 07:38
Nethwen wandered around silently. She was sure her friends were probably resting, she didn't want to bother them.

She made her way to her own room. She went and laid down, weariness overwhelming her.
"I'll go and check on Mirelwen later, to be sure she is alright." Nethwen whispered, then she drifted into sleep.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 08:03
After a long and dreamless sleep. Bainion awoke, still sore from his bruises, but much improved. He looked over to the fireplace and saw Mirlewen standing there. He got up from his bed, and walked over to her, resting a hand on her shoulder. When she spun round to face him, he took a step back. her face registered panic, as well as great sorrow.

"what is it that troubles you? if something has frightened you, i would hear of it. who was that, that ... elf" he spat the word as though the taste of it in his mouth revolted him "who attacked you? nay. He cannot have ben one of us. None of the Firstborn would willingly ally themselves with those creatures. and yet he semed to have some business with you. He wanted revenge for some past grievance, if i read the situation aright, else he would have simply slain you straight away. I am forever thankful that he did not, and you had the chance to cry out, else i would have arrived too late. Still, i could have consoled myself with slaying the beast who had ended your life. But let us not dwell on such things. The battle is over, and you are mostly unharmed, but if you are still troubled by aught, i would be glad to speak of it with you awhile, if you feel ready."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2007 01:16
Mirelwen sighed and sat down on a chair, still feeling slightly shaken and she ws stil ltremblnig slightly. "Bainion, when I was helping to train the Elves, he was there and said things. I lost my control and waylaid into him, giving him many bruises and I think perhaps a black eye, but I do not remember. He took it to heart and wanted revenge for his humiliation in front of so many. Plus we had an earlier run in involving hunting. He could not accept the fact that there are some females who can hunt, fight, and do anything that males can. He did not frighten me, I was simply thinking of an earlier situation and could not help but think if he had something to do with my friend Mornar's death on the way here. He was killed by orcs, tortured to the point of breaking, and he did. I held him in my arms as he died," she whispered quietly.

She looked at the fire, her pale blue eyes reflecting the light, anger and sadness kindled in her eyes. She closed her eyes and tried to block the tears, but they came on. She let out a choked sob and covered her face, pressing her hands to her eyes to try and stay her tears. She had tried to bottle her feelings up, tried to forget about Mornar's death, imagine he was still alive. But she had finalyl admitted it and she felt her heart grieve for him. He was a friend, sorely missed, for they had known each other from childhood.

He had been one of the few to befriend her after she had beaten four of the small male Elflings in archery and sword fighting. She had been bested by Mornar in self defense and he had helped her improve, while she hepled him with archery. She looked at Bainion through tear filled eyes.

"he was my friend from childhood. We were inscperable all through life. Without him, I feel nothing really and that is what scares me. I know Elves who have become numb I do not wish to become them, although I am partly there myself. I can thank the orcs on Mordor for that one," she said dryly. She wiped the tears away and stood.

Mirelwen looked at Bainion. "Thank you for coming when I called out for someone. I could not overpower him no matter how hard I tried. I really did have the upper hand for a moment, then he pulled the knife and pressed it to my throat. After that, I became very compliant," she said. She raised her hand to her neck and rubbed the small scratch the blade had left. She saw that Bainion seemed sore and she walkedo ver to him, placing a hand on his arm.

"What happened to you, mellon nin? Did Morgaur hurt you in any way? If so, I am sorry and I hope you will forgive me. That was my battle to fight, but I am glad a friend aided me in that sense," she said quietly. She leaned against him lightly, careful of his bruises. She noticed that she felt calmer and more at peace near him and it made her feel for the first time in many years happy. She sighed softly and rested her head against him.

[Edited on 27/5/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2007 09:08
Nethwen woke after a time. She looked up, her dreams had been in a happier place than reality. She had dreamed that Lindar had never died, he was still here, and was happy.

But as she woke she realized it was all a dream, and she felt very alone. She got out of bed and took off her night dress and slipped into a pale green dress with a silver colored bodice.
She quickly brushed her golden hair and then walked out of the room.

She walked up and down the halls, she checked the healing room, to see if her friends might be there, but they were not.
"They must be resting in their rooms." Nethwen thought.

She walked until she came to Lindar's burial again. She sat there, just staring. After a while her gaze shifted and looked at the rays of light that streamed through the dense wood.
She noticed a bush nearby that had beautiful flowers growing on it.

Nethwen smiled. "Life is not over for me, so I should not sulk in the past. Look at the beauty all around me, I should live to enjoy it." Nethwen said, feeling lighter for the first time since his death.

Then her gaze came back upon the mound.
"But I shall never forget you Lindar. In fact, every time I feel the warm sun on my face I'll remember you, because you were as bright as a sun ray." Nethwen said. Tears started to roll down her cheeks, but she felt happy inside.

Then she stood and smiled at the light that shone around.
"I'll see you again, Lindar. But for now, I'll miss you." Nethwen said. Then she turned and walked back into the stone hall.

She wanted to see if her friends were well, but did not want to intrude. She knew they had feelings for one another now, and she had forgiven Bainion of what he had done in the past.

As she walked she decided a meal would do her well, so she made her way to the eating hall, hoping she would find some company there as well.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 01:20
Mirelwen sighed and closed ehr eyes briefly, then she realized she had not seen Ornion in quite awhile. She opened her eyes and looked up as she heard the door open. Malanor came in, looknig worn and haggard.

"Mirelwen, come with me. Ornion, he decided to fight. His wounds were not as bed once the blood was cleaned off, and poison was a false alarm. But now, come with me. he has been asking for you, and Legolas, but Legolas is not in the best condition, Mirelwen, are you alright?," he asked, walking forward, concern written all over his face.

Mirelwen had turned white as snow, her face drawn in pain and fear. She swallowed hard, forcing tears back. She roughly pushed passed Malanor and ran out of the room, headed for Ornion's. She came to the door, seeing Legolas outside. His arm was in a sling and his other arm was bandaged. He looked worried and put his good arm around her.

"Mirelwen, Im naer mellon nin. I do not know how well he wil lstand up to this. You should go, he has been asking for his sister after all, I know it is suprising, but he raised you until Glorfindel took you in under his wing. Ornion gave you up to him because he knew he would never be the best for you," he explained.

She looked even more shaken and walked passed him, dropping to the stone floor hard on her knees, ignoring the pain. She grasped one of his hands in one of hers and stroked his brow.

"Ornion, why did you never tell me? You, all of you always kept things from me. I wish I had known sooner, but what is done is done, and cannot be undone. Please, wake to us, don't you dare even think about leaving me, not after I know now. I have lost Mornar, is that not enough? Please, come on, stay here, I shall need help from my big brother if I am to survive, at least that is what iam told," she whispered, holding his hand.

His eyes moved under the lids but he made no other response. She choked back a quiet sob, her face filled with fear, sorrow, and confusion at the information she had just been given. A healer came in, an Elleth, very wise and old. She shooed Mirelwen from the bed.

"My dear, go get some rest, you need it. I will send for you if his condition worsens," she said.

Mirelwen nodded numbly and walked out, in a daze and not seeing where she was going. She found herself outside in the gardens. She looked around, seeing none around.

"Ai, Elbereth, give me the strength I need to get through this and the love I need to give others. Please help me and I promise when I reach Valinor I shall do everything in my power to serve you and the other of the Valar properly," she whispered, looking up at the stars and moon. She whispered more and sang some, but she found her voice uncooperative.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 29, 2007 03:05
Nethwen walked down the hall until she saw Legolas, Mirelwen and another elf. She was distressed to see her cousin in such bad condition.

Nethwen walked over, hoping to find out what happened.
She stood by Legolas and gently touched his arm.
"What happened?" She whispered. She had been hurt, but not as badly as Legolas. She had only one bandage wrapped around her left elbow, it had been broken.

Nethwen put her hand on Mirelwen's shoulder when she had to leave the elf now known as her brother.
"I'll help you, if you need it." Nethwen said. Then she looked around, wondering if Bainion had made it alright.

"Is Bainion alright, Mirelwen? I know he had had a tramatic experiance." Nethwen asked. She looked at Legolas as well, she was worried about him, but he seemed well.
"My dear cousin, I hope you shall heal fast." Nethwen said with a slight smile.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 09:54
Bainion remained in the Healing halls for a long while. After some time, he decided to change his tattered tunic. He stripped to the waist, and examined his wounds. None were serious, but there was one scratch down his left side that could turn foul if the blade that made it had been poisoned. Bainion hoped frevently that this was not the case.

(i was thinking of having Mirlewen walk in on him about now. not sure how, but i got the feeling it might work somehow.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 10:05
Nethwen went to the library after speaking with her cousin for a short time. She sat down in the same chair she had sat in a day before, and she had spoken with Lindar. She looked at the doorway and could almost see a phantom figure of him there, smiling.

Nethwen sighed and leaned back in the chair. She gently put her broken elbow on the table. She sighed sadly, she missed having company. She knew that both Bainion and Mirelwen were busy with themselves and she did not want to bother them at all. But when she was alone her thoughts constantly went to Lindar.

"Ai, I must move on someday. Maybe I should head back to Lorien soon. I had not intended to stay long at all." Nethwen said to herself.

(Nethwen doesn't have much to do now, so my posts might be few for a little while. And I probably won't be posting tomorrow.)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 10:49
Mirelwen walked back into the healing rooms, looking for some herbs she was asked to get for her brother. At first she did not see anyone, walking to the cabinets for the things the healer had asked, but she heard someone moving around. She spun around, her eyes narrowing as she looked around.

She saw Bainion by one of the beds and she relaxed some, but stiffened when she saw his scratch. From a distance she could tell it was not ordinary, the skin around it was slightly discolored. She strode over to him quickly and pressed him down into a chair.

"Bainion, ai, do not hide injuries, it gets you into more trouble. Please, trust me. I know from expereince what type of trouble you can get into. Let me see, perhaps I can help," she said, her voice soft but somewhat cold.

Her eyes held no emotions and she looked worn thin. She went back to Ornion's room and gave the healer the herbs, then went back to where Bainion was. She went to the cabinet, grabbing some chamomlie, athelas, powdered root, and water. She returned, then went back for a bowl and grind. When she returned again, she stood at the table, her back to him. She ground the flowers together then added the root and poured some water, careful not to add too much.

She then mixed until it made a paste, not real thick but not runny. She then went for bandages and something to drink. She returned once again and placed a bit of pure athelas paste in the wound, then the gently smeared the paste over the athelas paste. She then wrappd the bandage around him, careful not to tie it too tight. She sighed and stood up, rubbing her neck a little.

It was bruised and a thin line ran from the side to the front of her throat, disappearing down her chest under the dress she wore. She sat down across from him, not saying anything.

"Well, now that you taken care of, I only hope things with Ornion go as well. He decided to go and fight as well, but I am afraid he did not do as well as he could have. He is in bad shape, the healer told me I may have to go and get some herbs for her that grow in the southern part of the wood, where the spiders are. He was bitten by a spider, that was what did the most damage. I must wait until I am healed though, at least that is what the healer said," she said quietly, lost in thought. She rubbed her swollen ankle abently, thinking of how she was to do this for her brother.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2007 10:44
Bainion coloured when he heard that Mirlewen planned to leave the palace. "I will go with you. It isn't safe out there for anyone to be alone. My injuries are not too severe, and I can fight as well as ever i could. Do not try to dissuade me - my mind is made up." He turned away, and pulled on a clean white tunic he pulled from the trunk at the base of his bed.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2007 03:57
Mirelwen looked at Bainion, smiling faintly. "Bainion, what if we went to the gardens? THere is one I do not think you have seen yet, for it is shared by my friends and I. Come, allow me to show you," she said softly, pulling him behind her.

They walked out and took a little path, reaching a large garden. There was a brook that ran through and a large pool. Stone benches were placed in ifferent areas for seating, there was a ring of stones blackened from the fires that had been lit in their center. Tiny flowers of white, blue, and violet carpeted the forest floor and the leaves of the trees were the roof.

SHe sat down on a bench, inviting him to do so as well. She picked a few of the smal lflowers and quickly set to work making a chain of them. She messed up, breaking one of the stems and she put it down, leaving it for the moment.

"We have spent so many long nights, days, and weeks here in this one garden. I know of several moments where we would have been skinned if not for this place," she siad quietly.

Mirelwen stood and walked to the pool, lying down on a rock that jutted out into the water. She closed looked up at the sky, forgetting about her troubles for a moment, being lost in memeories.

[Edited on 9/6/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2007 10:35
Bainion followed Mirlewen into the garden, and sat by her for a long while. After a while, he realised he did not have his knife with him, or any weapon, for that matter. He debated for a while whether to go back to the palace and fetch one, but then decided against it. It was a peaceful night, and nothing stirred nearby. They could not be attacked here. He laid down and looked up at the stars, and then closed his eyes and sighed happily

(this is going to lead to one of those "come back and bite you in the butt" situations later, if i'm not greatly mistaken...)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 12, 2007 11:59
Mirelwen looked over at Bainion briefly, then she stood and moved closer to the water, allowing her legs to dangle in the water. She cared not if her leggings became wet, nor if her boots were water logged, she simply yearned for the feeling the water provided. She had brought her twin knives with her and her daggers as well.

Her set of throwing daggers were concealed as ever in her left boot, her twin knives hidden in her sleeves, securely fastened to her arms. She noticed Bainion pondering something and she noticed he did not have any weapons. She smield faintly and scooted over by him, clearing her throat softly.

"Bainion, do not worry aboung weapons, I am armed enough to provide both of us with some means of protection," she said softly, her eyes glittering for one moemtn, a faint smile briefly seen on her face.

She pulled up each sleeve, revealing her knives and then pulled her boots off, showing him the set of three long throwing knives she had. She left her boots off and then pulled her leggings up to her knees, wading in the water. She walked quietly in the water, watchnig it flow gently over her feet and the rocks. She bent down, picking up a rock.

It was a pinkish colour with white marbled through it, shaped like a heart. She found another, simliar in colour and shape. She got out of the water, bringing them over to Bainion. She saw his eyes were closed and she tapped him gently on the shoulder.

"Look at these rocks I found in the water while wading. Curious, is it not, how they are shaped and even coloured the same?," she commented softly, her pale blue eyes searching his gaze.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 13, 2007 10:59
Bainion opened his eyes to find Mirlewen looking down at him. He sat up and looked at the stones for a moment, taking one and turning it over and over in his hands

"Yes... It is curious that stones should be shaped so, unless they were changed by hand, and if that were the case, who would simply discard such work?" He frowned in thought, and then smiled, as his mind turned to other things.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2007 03:56
Mirelwen sighed softly and sat back on the big rock, dangling her feet in the water again. She looked up, watching the stars and moon. She wanted desperately to simply grow wings and leave Middle Earth forever, gonig to Valinor. She had always wanted to go, but not so soon as it felt now. The grief she felt for losing Mornar was heavy, and even more so since the friend she had all through her life was her brother, and he was now slowly reachnig the HAlls of Mandos.

She felt like crying, but she was so hardened and cold, she did not waste the tears. Mirelwen closed her eyes and sat back, her face to the sky, her back to the ground. She closed her eyes and imagined what Valinor would be like, and if she would go with her father and friends or travel alone. She listened to the nightly noises, the breeze gently blowing the leaves, the flutter of wings in the night, her breathing, soft and quiet, the water gently rushing over the rocks. She opened one eye, looking at Bainion.

She checked him, seeing if her had moved closer to her. He had not and she closed her eye again, weary from the little skirmish earlier. Mirelwen found herself thinking of home, of Imaldris and her father, Elladan and Elrohir, and Elrond. All of them were family, but her father she worried about as well as Elrond. Both of the Elven Lords seemed worried when she had last seen them and that scared her. IF they were worried, what was happeneing and shoudl she know? She shook the feelings, focusing on the water and the night around her.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2007 10:27
Bainion sensed Mirlewen's mood. He stood and walked over to her, sitting down next to her.

"Something troubles you greatly. will you tell me what it is? perhaps i can help." He did not really think there was anything he could do, for Mirlewen seemed to have grown weak in spirit as well as in body, unlike anything he had seen before. Yet it hurt him deeply to see her grieve so.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 14, 2007 03:10
(my character really has nothing to do at this time, so I'll wait and post later, when I can. My computers been having trouble)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2007 02:49
It's alright Elfmiaden, I understand. Earlier this year my computer crashed.
BIC:
Mirelwen looked over at Bainion, smiling sadly and briefly. "Do not trouble yourself over my problems, for they are my own. I will tell you that while traveling here I lost a very close friend, he was dear to me. We had been together since childhood and life seems a little empty without him at the moment. He was taken by orcs and they did things to him, causing him to let go and leave me here. I am just feeling a great longing for Valinor, but I myself will most likely not venture over the sea any time in the near future," she said softly.

"And a friend I have had all through my life has turned out to be my brother and he is treading on the threshold of Mandos at the moment. Twas a spider bite, from one of those nasty giant creatures. Just thinking of those foul, terrible things makes me quiver, and nothnig scares me genrally. Those things are awful," she remarked, recalling the giant beasts.

She shivered slightly in rememberance of them and how one leg had brushed her. Her feet were still in the water, gently kicking back and forth in the slight current. She picked up a flower, looking at it, then began at once to make a chain of flowers, using the little white, blue, and purple ones. She was nearly finished but it broke, much to her annoyance. She sighed and dropped it in the water, watchnig them float away.

She looked over at Bainion, almost smilnig but not quite. "Tis probably foolish to ask, but why befriend one you have not known for long, or know much of their past? Why worry about my emotions and such? You really do not have to," she said quietly, looking at him carefully.

Without another word she rose and ran off, leading him on yet another chase. She enjoyed running any chance she got, and particularly loved to run througn Mirkwood at any time. This way, she could run off some of her anxiety and worries. Hopefully I can get rid of these fears that plague me," she thought briefly.

She ran on harder, her feet barely making any noise on the forest floor. She reached a large tree and climbed quietly and quickly up the trunk, disappearing in the thick boughs and leaves. She pressed herself against the trunk and waited to see if Bainion would spot her. She held her breath when she saw him and hid well, waiting.

[Edited on 15/6/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2007 10:41
When Mirlewen ran off into the woods, Bainion cave her a few moments to get ahead, and then ran after her, laughing merrily. He saw her climb up the tree, but decided to play a little game with her. He looked around, as though searching for her, and muttered to himself in a deliberately loud voice "where has she got to?” He worked his way around to the trunk of the tree Mirlewen was hiding in, out of her sight. He climbed silently up behind her, and suddenly reached out, clutching her shoulder, causing her to shriek with surprise. "Got you!" he cried gaily, and they both erupted in fits of laughter, which were only heightened when Bainion lost his balance and nearly fell out of the tree, leaving him dangling upside down by his foot, in a most ungainly manner. Eventually he righted himself, and clambered back into the tree to sit by Mirlewen.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 22, 2007 10:58
Mirelwen looked at Bainion, not suprised he had followed her. She gasped in suprise and leaned forward slightly when he nearly fell, watchnig to make sure he did not fall completely. When he righted himself she sat back against the tree trunk.

"Bainion, you know it is not polite to startle someone and cause them to shriek in a most unwarrior like manner. Anyway, it is not good for your health either. You never know when I could decide to get you back for it," she said softly, grinning at him.

Her eyes spakled mischeviously and she turned to look at the forest around her. She heard footsteps and she stiffened, recognizing the light step. Legolas appeared at the base of the tree and because of his arm he could not climb up.

"Mirelwen, I know it may not be the best to tell you this, since everythnig you have been through, but as your friend I will keep no scerets, as we vowed when young. Mirelwen, Ornion died. The poison had spread too far and nothing could be done. We sent for the herbs but even they could do nothing to help. I am sorry mellon nin. GLorfindel has been sent word of this. Im naer,mellon nin," he said softly, then turned and walked back.

Mirelwen sat in a state of shock, her face blank, her eyes filling with tears that threatened to spill over but did not.

"Ornion is dead, my brother, dead. My best friend is dead, and now he is dead too. Ai, Valar, who else shall I lose, for what else must I pay? Bainion, please, hold me, help me, I feel like my heart is turning into ice," she whispered borkenly, the tears spilling over.

She wrapped her arms around Bainion, trying to cling to something other than the despair she felt.

"I should have bee nthere with Ornion, should have been by his side. But I left him alone, I listened to the healer, something I have never done and should not have done then. But I did, and I paid for it," she whispered quietly, her body wracking with silent sobs.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 10:50
Bainion held Mirlewen as she sobbed. His heart was saddened for the maiden who had lost so much in her life. After a long while, he lifted Mirlewen's face gently from his shoulder, and looked into her eyes. His face was kind, but his jaw was set firm, and a steely determination was in his eyes

"Ornion was a brave warrior. His death is a blow to us all, you more than any. But fear not, for his death shall not go unpunished. Those spiders have been the bane of our existence for too long. Go back to the palace and gather as many of our brothers and sisters as you can find. Tell anyone who can bear sword or bow to meet in the great hall. Today we rid ourselves of our greatest enemy."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 11:18
Nethwen heard a sound outside, she woke. She walked to the door when she heard a knock. A young elf warrior was at her door. He explained that many elves were going to attack the evil spiders that had plagued them.

Nethwen looked determined. She nodded her head and grabbed her bow and sword. She rushed out the door and went to find Mirelwen and Bainion, figuring they were the ones behind this.

When she found Mirelwen she smiled. "I shall fight beside you again, mellon nin." Nethwen said.
Then she disappeared outside, waiting with the other elves that had chosen to follow.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2007 01:10
Mirelwen nodded and smiled briefly, then she jumped from the tree and ran for her room. She was dressed in mere moments, and nearly ran into Nethwen.

"It is good to fight with you as well mellon nin. Bainion is determined to get rid of the spiders,but there are many and the orcs could be a problem once we begin," she said.

Legolas watched with anger and frustration as they walked outside. He could not go for his arm was in a sling. He grumbled and complained, stomping off to the library. Mirelwen stood by Bainion and Nethwen.

"Well mellyn, looks like we have quite a battle ahead of us. my only main concern is that the orcs may come once we get the fight going. What will we do then?," she said softly, staring out in the night.

Rain was pelting them and lightning lit the sky. Her ice blue eyes paled even more in the lightening, making her look every bit vicious as she felt. She grabbed her twin knives and spun them out of their sheaths, balancing them in her hands. She spun them around in circles a little more, watchnig the dull glint of the blades. She then held them stationary after seeing another Elf give her a pointed glance.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2007 11:12
Bainion stood before the assembled Elves and addressed them in a loud, clear voice.

"Brothers and sisters! Too long have the children of Shelob haunted our kind. They have taken from us brothers, fathers, sons, mothers and daughters, and today, another of our kin has succumbed to their wicked venom. Ornion, who was loved by all of us, not least by one who has become dearer to me than any who stand here." He drew his sword, which was now fastened securely at his side, and cried aloud. "Well I say, no more! It is time we ended this terror, and drove these vile creatures from our lands once and for all! Who will stand beside me in battle? I shall force none to fight with me. Nay, i will fight and die alone, if need be. But any who wish it; i will lead you, unless one of higher stature shall come forth to lead you in my place."

His face was grim and fell as he looked upon the faces of his kin, awaiting their answer.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2007 11:25
Mirelwen had been in the back of the group, listening and trying to secure the last of her weapons. She slid her sword in her scabbard and fastened her cloak about her shoulders. She had on her armour she always wore, but a helm she carried in her am, tucked in the crook. Her pale blue eyes blazed with cold, icy hatred and she finished placing her bracer,s graves, and paulderons on her, secruely fastennig them. She looked at Malanor, who was beside her, wearing the garb of the Mirkwoods Elves. He smiled at her.

She walked up to Bainion, standing by his side. "my friend, I would ask that I could take under my command some of mine and Legolas' students and our fellow Elves who we have fought with. Then we have two separate forces and we can use my smaller force as a diversion for your lager one. Do not fight me, I will not listen," she said flatly.

"Stay safe, and do not try to be a great hero, just do what you must, as cold as I am at the moment, I could not lose you as well. When we get back, if my group and I do, I expect to see you well. Do that much for me," she whispered to him. She bowed to him, her fingertips touchnig her forhead. Her hand then rested briefly on his.

[Edited on 27/6/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2007 01:04
At first no one stepped forward, and this made Nethwen upset.
She stepped out of the crowd and looked back, fury lit in her bright eyes.

"What is this? Have we all become afraid? I am ashamed to this, for I never thought I would see fear in the eyes of my kin when trouble has arisen that we must try to defeat for the safety of our families!" Nethwen said.

Many of the elves looked a little uncomfortable.
"I will stand beside Bainion as he goes into battle if none of you will. He is my good friend and I would not let him die when I know I can fight beside him. Now, who's with us!" Nethwen shouted.

Finally elves began stepping forward, looking determind and ready for battle. Nethwen smiled. Then she turned around and looked at Bainion with a smile. She walked over to Bainion and Mirelwen. She extended her hand to Bainion.

"No ill thoughts about you abide in my mind any longer, Bainion. I can see that you will take care of Mirelwen if anything would happen to me, and I can see that both of us could be good friends, dispite our past." She said.

Then she stood erect, her sword and shield in hand. She had found the shield in the armory.
"I am ready for you to lead, Bainion. I will help control the elves in battle as well, if you wish, though they shall be under your command." Nethwen said.

Soon elves were gathered around, waiting to leave, waiting to see which leader they would follow. Nethwen took up the charge if telling the elves which leader to follow. She decided to take the role of second in command to Bainion, for she would not be following Mirelwen.

"Quickly now, we must be ready to fight these beasts. Stay strong in heart, we have much to see before the end of this day." Nethwen would say as she passed a few elves that looked uncertain.

Her golden hair lay limp on her back, her cloak was soaking wet. Her silver circlet that she often wore looked like it was covered in diamonds with the water droplets.

Lightning ripped through the sky, followed by thunder. Nethwen never feared storms, but she could sense this storm brought great danger and fear. She didn't like it.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 28, 2007 11:40
Mirelwen took her ahnd from Bainion's nad placed a hand on Nethwen's shoulder and her other on Bainion's. "My friends, we have a battle ahead, one that wil lmost certainly prove victorious for us. I am going to lead my smal lforce on now. They are promising, and plus I know of a small group of orcs who will try and stop us, but they will be of no consequence. my group will take them out first, then join you for the spiders, we will be there to fight along side you," she said softly, her eyes flashnig fiercely.

She now fell into her warrior state of mind, where nothnig else clouded her head but the thought of wiping out the enemy once and for all from these woods she reguarded as a second home. Her hand went up to the helm on her head, fingering it closely.

"Curse this piece of metal, it restricts my head movements but I promised Legolas and King Thranduil I would do so. Both told me that neither of them would tell my father if I fell in battle. If I had my way I would be wearing my own armour and nothing extra, but Thranduil threatened to lock me in the dungeons if I did not," she said, her mouth twisting into a mischevious and slightly bitter smile. Her eyes were stil lflat though, unnervingly calm and expressionless.

"Well, I have taried much too long here, I and mine leave now to rid you of a small inconvinience should they ever reach you, which they won't. But if they do, I am leaving it to you two to break the news to my father. And if that ever becomes the case, then I will await your arrival in the Halls," she said with another smile, then she strode over to the horse she had ready for her.

It was a sleek grey creature with a sliver mane and tail but eyes like hers. he had a few spots upon his rump and it was evident that while partly ELvish, he was not fully. She turned him around, facing her small force of roughly fifty.

"Well then, I suppose we are off. Follow me, trust me, stay by my side, and as long as I draw breath I will try with all my heart to let not one of fall. Nuro lim Bruin, navaer," she called over her shoulder as the horse dug his hooved into the ground, jerking into a gallop.

She laughed and her eyes sparkled with mirth, her smile evident and her face filled with eagerness to fight once again. She heard a voice and her smile faltered.

"Do not be so eager just yet, you know not what you face. Keep your head about you and fight for those who live ,not those you have lost," the voice said in the back of her mind. She nodded and stared ahead, listennig to the rain, the thunder, the hoof beats, and watchnig the ligthennig.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2007 10:43
Bainion turned back to the assembled elves. “That should make our task easier. With Mirlewen and her warriors keeping the orcs occupied, we can make straight for the spiders’ lair. Nevertheless, do not relax your guard! These creatures are masters of deceit and ambush; they can come upon you unawares from any direction, at any time.” He saw a few of the elves look at each other, with fear in their eyes “But take heart! I see before me some of the greatest and bravest warriors it ha been my pleasure – nay! My honour – to know in my life. Some of you may not like me; some of you may even have reason to hate me. But for those who follow me, I vow to each and every one of you that not a drop of Elven blood will be spilled this night that is not avenged a hundred-fold!” with that, he drew his sword and held it high above his head. At that moment, a dazzling flash of lightning ripped through the sky, gleaming off armour and cold, elven steel. It was immediately followed by a thunderclap so loud that the forest shook. As the thunder died away, Bainion cried aloud. “Forth, and let your hearts hold neither fear, nor pity for those who have wronged us! This night, the forest will be cleansed!” At that, a great cheer went up from the assembled warriors, and they fell in behind Bainion and Nethwen, and began their march through the woods.

(By the way, what’s the ultimate end of this RP? How do we know when to finish? I might kill my character off at some point, but I don’t want to do that until right near the end, so I thought it might be useful to know what the end was going to be.)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2007 10:35
Nethwen walked confidently beside Bainion. She felt relief in her heart for now she knew she could be friends with Bainion.
It had taken much trust and forgiveness to forget the past, but she was happy to do it.

Nethwen turned to him as they continues walking.
"Bainion, I just want to say that I am honored to fight beside you, for I believe that you are one of the bravest here." Nethwen said with a slight smile.

"You have helped Mirelwen, I can see it. And I thank you for it. And I can also see in return she helped you change as well. I hope that after all this war that you will continue to look after her, even if I can't. As you know my place is in Lorien." She said.

Then she turned back to looking ahead. The darkness seemed so deep in this place, but her heart would not waver. She felt like she had a strength that she had never before possesed.
And when they could see the huge trees in which the spiders live come into view Nethwen looked up at the sky, rain wetting her pale face.

She smiled and said, "This is for you, Lindar." Then she unsheathed her sword, rain bounced off the steel and shone in the lightning making it look as if sparks flew from the blade.

In a moment Nethwen's mind was set for battle. This was like nothing she had ever been involved with. Surely she had fought creatures that had invaded Lorien, but peace had been over the land for so long. But she was more than ready now.

Then she turned to the elves. "Daro!" She shouted. And the elves stopped, waiting for the next command.
Then she looked ahead, where the spiders were waiting, wishing for the taste of sweet blood.

Then in a low, threatening voice Nethwen said, "Gurth a chyth- in-edhil!" Her eyes flashed with anger, and she waited for the battle to begin.

(Gurth a chyth-in-edhil means, Death to the foes of elves.)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2007 11:03
Mirelwen looked to Malalnor, who had come with her. "Mellon nin, I am glad to fight with you. Watch I will watch your back if you watch mine, I intend to return, there are thnigs I must do yet," she said softly, looking to him.

He smield understanding and they rushed forward on their horses. The orcs were small in number but fierce. Mirelwen had jumped from horseback to fight. She saw MAlanor was busy with three at the moment and saw one comngi up behind him. She threw one of her knives and killed it, then retrieved it. She fought off a few more.

A blade whistled through the air and nearly hit her neck, she dodged it barely, her eyes widening as she saw how close it came. Another nicked her cheek and she turned and beheaded him. After an hour they had disspelled the orcs and then went on to the spiders. Mirelwen shuddered at the sight of them. She had never bee nfond of spiders really and giant ones did not help her fear. She swallowed and weaved her way through, stabbing one when she could, to get to Bainion and Nethwen.

"My friends, the orcs are gone, and we are whole. I lost none with them, just afew scratches," she said softly. She had been hit in the face, causing her to bite her tongue.

She spit out blood and smield girimly at them, then continued fighting the spiders. One of them had wrapped her feet in the web and she began hacking at the web, terrified of being trapped. She sliced the under side of the spider but another came behind her. Malanor had called out a warning but she did not move in time.

The spider had injected her with its venom and she felt it course through her, limiting her movements until she could not move at all. Then she felt the web being wrapped around her and she screamed in fear and frustration ,aware that she could do nothnig. Malanor came over and disspelled the spider.

"Ah Mirelwen, I am afraid I am gonig to have to get you back to the halls for that," he said. he rode her back and deposited her with LEgolas, then rode back to the fight. He continued fighting the spiders, nearly getting injected himself.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 01, 2007 11:34
Nethwen had witnessed with horror as Mirelwen was almost killed by a spider. She saw Malanor was taking care of her and she went back to fighting.

She found herself being almost captured many times, and it made her feel sick and uneasy. These beasts were not brainless as she had thought.

she kept an eye out for anyone who might get captured by the sticky web, and she watched Bainion carefully as well. If ever he was surrounded she would be at his side.

Then she saw a young elf get surrounded by spiders. He tried to fight but she could see dispair in his eyes and fear.
Nethwen charged over. She dispatched two and then they began to close in on the two elves.

The young lad shudderd with fear. He held his sword defensively, but he looked as if he would drop the sword at any moment.
Nethwen was frightened as well but would not stop fighting.

She stabbed one and it jumped back, but then came forward again. She was not striking them hard enough to kill them.
This worried her, and her strength was wavering.

Then she felt a sticky web grab her leg. She pulled and hacked at it, but when the spiders saw she was busy with the web and incapable of fighting for a short moment they lunged at the boy.

He cried out, dropping his blade. He turned to run but spiders were all around them. Then he looked back for his blade and saw a spider standing over it. He cried out in dispair.

Nethwen looked away from the web that had her still. The young elf did not have a chance without his blade.
"Boy! Take this!" She shouted in elvish.

She threw her blade in the air towards him. He was able to catch it and then he began slaying the creatures. But he was being pushed farther and farther away and Nethwen began to feel that she wouldn't be going back this time.

The spiders that were still around her tried to poison her, but she would jump back and try to move away as best she could with one leg wrapped in spider silk.

Moments later she felt something. A sting, she had been stung by a spider. Nethwen felt her mind become hazy but she would not let herself die now, not when they needed her still.

"Bainion!" She cried. She looked down at the leg that had been stung. She could see it was not deep, therefore not very much poison had entered her body. Still it would be a challenge to continue, but she had to since they did not have Mirelwen now.

Once Bainion had aided in freeing her she went to the blade that the boy had dropped, only limping slightly. She took up his blade and began fighting the spiders. Many came up to her sensing she was wounded, but she would not give up.

She made sure she fought beside Bainion since she would not make it alone.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email