Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did it come to this?
on: April 11, 2007 09:36
Mirelwen stared warily at Bainion, her ice blue eyes full of suspicion. She looked over at Legolas and questioned him without words. Legolas looked at her and then at Bainion. He jumped down and stood in front of Bainion, his eyes trained on him. Mirelwen jumped down also, but slowly and her hand moved up to her shoulder.

She contiued to stare at him, her eyes piercing Bainion's. "Mirelwen does not mind walking with you I am sure. Since Elladan and Elrohir are not here however, the job of keeping her safe for her father Lord Glorfindel has fallen into my hands. Be sure to keep her safe, Glorfindel would be unpleased if she were hurt in any way. The shoulder wound she has from the orcs will be accepted because it was recieved while fighting the vile creatures," he said, his voice frim and strained slightly.

Mirelwen stepped up at that moment and put one hand on Legolas' arm, pushing him back slightly.

"Legolas, I can take care of myself. You and the twins simply took it in your hands to take care of me, although I do not see why. I will go with you Bainion, but we have to walk. I do not like to sit still very long with people I do not know, so we shall keep talking while moving. Lead the way," she said quietly.

Her gaze turned to Legolas briefly. "If you should see Nethwen, do not tell her that I went with Bainion, she may very well break my legs for it," she whispered dryly. He nodded and smiled, his eyes twinkling.

HE walked away whistling, leaving the two Elves standing there. Mirelwen looked at Bainion out of the corner of her eye and she moved over a little, then turned to face him.

"You said you wished for a word in private, very well. We are in private, now you may have your word. Choose wisely, for you get what you asked for, one word," she said calmly. Her shoulder ached and she put a hand to it, rubbing it gently.

She pulled her bow from her back and stood, drawing an arrow faster than the eyes could follow and she released, her arrow hitting a leaf and pinning it to a tree trunk of a dead tree. She retrieved the arrow and calmly put it back into her quiver then turned to Bainion.

The scratch on her cheek was faint, but still noticeable. She watched him carefully, her eyes following his moves slowly. She looked at her dress. It was dark blue with silver embroidery on the sleeves and neckline.

Her ice blue eyes stared at the sky and she stood to her full height of five feet eleven inches. She stretched and felt her muscles tense up uncomfortably. She winced and put her hands down. Her arm ached dully and she suddenly felt dizzy. She closed her eyes and shook her head slightly, trying to shake the feeling.

Her sleeves were slit to the shoulders and were attached at her wrists. the bandages on her arm were visible now as she shifted her position. She looked over at Bainion, her eyes now holding curiosity a to why Nethwen was so, disgusted by him. "Bainion, forgive me but why does Nethwen seem to dislike you so? I would rather like to know as to why she has warned me against you," she said, her voice slightly bitter but not much.

[Edited on 12/4/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 06:49
Bainion was more than a little startled by Mirlewen's display of skill. he resolved to be extremely careful of her in the future - there was no telling what she might do to him if he upset her too much.

"very well, my lady. i shall say my piece, and then be gone. i want to apologise for my cowardice in dealing with those orcs earlier. it was totally inexcusable. i had no weapon, so i panicked and ran. but that does not make me any less worthy of your contempt. i only hope you can find it in your heart to forcive me. when i think of what those ... filthy creatures might have done..." he trailed off into silence, seemingly very distressed. "i would like to do something to make it up to you, but i can think of no act good enough to redeem me"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 07:06
Mirelwen stared at him. He seemed genuine so she decided to give him a chance.

"well Bainion, there are some festivities being held this evening. My friend Legolas told me about them. I was not planning on going, rather wishing to practice with Legolas. But if you wish to redeem yourself, here is your chance. I will go and we can dance once, then I shall go and practice shooting with LEgoals and work on my sword fighting skills," she said softly.

Her ice blue eyes stared into his as she waited for an answer. Her arm began to pian agian and she gasped quietly, her hand going up to her arm and holding it. Her dark blue dress rustled lightly in the wind. "And if you prove you have indeed redeemed yourself for your cowardly actions, then I may stay the whole evening at the festivities. Now I shall have your answer," she said softly, but her voice had some edge.

She was trying to act like her father when he punished her and gave choices, or when he tried to get out of something. She smiled faintly as she thought of all the things he had taught her to do. Her eyes looked back to Bainion and she could not help but think about why Nethwen disliked him so much.

"Bainion, tell me something, why does Nethwen dislike you so much and why did she warn me against you? She did not tell me much, but I would like to hear what you have to say," she said softly. Her ice blue eyes held curiosity as she looked expectantly at him, wishing for an answer to her question.

[Edited on 12/4/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2007 09:40
Nethwen found herself wandering around, she watched as some minstrals were preparing songs for that night and she could smell food being made.

Nethwen smiled, she hoped that this would help to cheer Mirelwen up, if she was going. Although Mirelwen seemed to be handling her sadness well.
Then Nethwen began to wander outside, but she ran into Legolas.

"Well, I finally get to see you cousin. You seem to have been hiding from me. I hope you have been keeping Mirelwen safe, though." Nethwen said with a smile.
Then she realized that if Mirelwen wasn't with Legolas, where was she?
"I hope you haven't left her alone somewhere. I would like to talk with her, do you know where she is?" Nethwen asked, really she wanted to make sure that Bainion hadn't found her.

Legolas seemed reluctant about telling where Mirelwen was, Nethwen shook her head. "If she wanted me to know she would have told me. She is old enough to take care of herself." Nethwen said, mostly to herself than Legolas.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 05:13
Bainion looke Mirlewen squarely in the face. "i thank you for your faith in me, my lady. i only hope i shall not disappoint you. as to your friend..." his face darkened suddenly. "there was some... unpleasantness between us a number of years ago. if you don't mind, i would rather not speak of it right now. i will see you at the festivities this evening. good day." with that he turned and left. Mirlewen did not catch the smile of triumph that worked its way across his lips. he knew that she would soon be his.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 06:29
Mirelwen stared after him, a confused look on her face. She sighed and walked back to the caves, deciding that she would look for something to wear and sharpen her knives and sword. She walked in through the gates and through the main hall.

Bainion had left her wondering and with more questions than answers. His face when he spoke of it, she shook her head and continued to her room. She could see where everyone was preparing for the festivities. She could not help but feel a little excited, she always felt this way when any thing was going on such as now.

It was getting late when she had finished sherpening her knives and sword. She looked up at the door as Legolas entered. "I trust that the Ellon was kind and showed you respect? I looked for you after the fact, but you had dissappeared. Father is making me attend as well, against my wishes of course. I would rather be shooting and sparring with a warrior and friend," he said.

She smiled and then sheathed her sword, followed by her knives. She shooed him out and shut her door, locking it. She looked through the dresses she had and observed them carefully. Sh chose a dark wine red dress with beaded embriodery on the sleeves and neckline, which was wide. The sleeves blillowed and hung down beside her when she had her arms at her side.

Her hair was held in place with a silver circlet that her father had given her when she came of age. It caught the firelight as did her hair, and she went to the door. She had her cloak and traveling clothes by the door in case she decided to leave early and work on her battle skills. She walked down the halls and made her way slowly to the main hall and throne room where everything was taking place.

She saw Nethwen and made her way over to her, standing beside her. "Nethwen," she said quietly," how do I look? I wish to know if my dress is alright, for I do not much like this one very much." She smiled and looked at Nethwen, her ice blue eyes losing their normal coldness, seeming brighter then usual. She looked around and saw Legolas sitting by his fahter's side.

She waved to him and he smiled, noding at the two Elf maidens. Mirelwen fingered her ring and then her silver abalone pendent. The embriodery was gold on her dress and was in scrolling vines, flowers blooming on it around her sleeves, while on the neckline it was adorned with leaves.

[Edited on 13/4/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 07:39
Nethwen smiled at Mirelwen. "You look beautiful Mirelwen. I do not think I have seen you look so lovely." Nethwen said.
She looked around the room, the colorful dresses and robes that were worn by the elves seemed to sparkle in the light of the great torches that hung from the ceiling.

Then Nethwen frowned when she saw Bainion walk in. He looked around for a moment then approached them.
Nethwen did not wish to say anything that would spoil the evening so she remained silent and watched him carefully as he spoke to Mirelwen.

"Hello my lady." A voice said behind Nethwen.
Nethwen jumped and whirled around, she smiled when she saw Lindar, the elf she had met earlier.
"I wasn't sure if you would be here or not. It is nice to see you again." Lindar said with a smile.
He wore gold colored robes with deep red thread that went around the collar and and sleeves and waist.

Nethwen was glad she would have someone else to talk with. She thought that Lindar was a very kind elf.
"I am glad to see you as well." Nethwen said.
She glanced back quickly at Mirelwen, Lindar noticed that she seemed concerned.
"Are you alright?" Lindar asked. Nethwen smiled.
"Yes, I'm fine." Nethwen said, in her mind she was wondering what Bainion was saying to Mirelwen.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2007 09:23
Mirelwen's brow shone with the light reflected off of the silver circlet she wore. Her hair cascaded down her back, reflecting the torchlight. She looked around and watched all the Elves dance and talk amonst themselves. She suddenly felt out of place among the Silvan Elves, being of Noldorian blood.

She ducked her head and stood in a corner, half hidden by the shadows. Her head was bowed and her eyes glued to the floor as she felt suddenly selfconcious and unaure of herself. She watched Nethwen walk with an Elf. He looked kindly and very proper. She watched everyone dance and laugh, she wished ruefully that she could be out there as well. She watched Legolas talk with his father, then he came and stood by her.

"Mirelwen, you look very beautiful. I hope you are enjoying the evening so far. Father has been telling me of more attacks in other places in the wood, and it is not just orcs. He was told that there are giant spiders, as farfetched as it is to believe, but it is true.

Today I saw a carcass, and it was big. He wishes for you as well as I to keep a sharp eye out for any more attacks, and he wishes you to make part of my company so that you can fight. He wants to honor you while you are here and make you feel at home, will you join?," he questioned quietly.

She looked at him, then nodded. "Yes Legolas, I shall join your group. Fighting will make it seem more like home finally. That is what the messenger said that your father wished when he sent fot Mornar and I. I have never faught giant spiders before, and the orcs are pretty much and everyday thing with Elladan and Elrohir," she said dryly.

They talked for a few more seconds, then he left. She had enjoyed talking to her friend and felt out of place once again, so she bowed her head and stared at the floor. Her ice blue eyes looked up and observed the decorations that had been placed through out the room.

She noticed that many were earthy, forest colours, while others were known well to her, being of autumn and reminding her of Rivendell, her home. She lowered her head again and stared at the stone floor, then sat on a chair. She was shrouded in the shadows in the corner of the room, watching wistfully the Elves dance and laugh and talk. She listened to the music and heard the Elves sing.

The songs were somewhat foreign to her, being different from the ones they sang in Rivendell. She had heard some of the songs on her stays here and she recognized a few. She sang along softly, her voice clear and light. The song was one about Elbereth and the making of the stars.

She stood again and watched the other Elves, then put her head down once again, staring at the floor. HEr hair had come down slightly so that it covered her face, her circlet nearly lost in her hair.A voice brought her out of her feelings though when it materialized from behind her. She jumped and spun around to face Bainion.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 06:06
back in his room, Bainion began to prepare for the festivities. he put on a new pair of dark-blue breeches, and a brad new tunic of a much lighter shade. he braided his hair after the Silvan fashion, and ran scented oils through it. as a final touch, he placed on his brow a silver circlet, plain and yet beautifully made. he had many more ornate items, but he was only a guest here, and it would not do to arrive at a feast more extravagantly dressed than his hosts. when he was ready, he made his way to the main hall. he was immediately struck by the atmosphere of the place. many elves were dancing in the middle of the room, while others stood around the edges, talking and drinking wine. he soon spied Mirlewen standing alone in a corner, and made straight for her.

"what's this? a fine lady such as yourself, alone and without a partner?" he said, smiling warmly "this simply will not do! i am afraid i must insist that we share a dance together."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 11:27
Mirelwen looked up when Bainion had come to her. She smiled timidly at him and blushed slightly. She had not been talked to like this ever, unless she counted the compliments that Mornar had given her over the years. She felt happy and nodded, taking his outstretched hand with ehr own, slim delicate one. She allowed him to lead her onto the floor and they danced. She was spun around by him and she watched the other Elves dance.

Everyone seemed to be in sync, all the dancing partners matching in rhythm. She found herslef enjoying everything actually. Mirelwen looked at Bainion and she smiled slightly. "Bainion," she said softly," I think I must stop for a second and catch my breath. I am not used to dancing and twirling on the dance floor," she said as she laughed lightly. She felt her heart hammering in her chest from the dancing and her eyes shone with excitement. She had not danced for centuries and she had forgotten how enjoyable it truely was.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2007 12:19
Nethwen was asked to dance by Lindar and she accepted, but as she danced she watched Bainion and Mirelwen, he seemed to be acting kind and good but she worried that he had a plan up his sleeve.

Lindar saw her staring in their direction and nodded.
"You are worried about your friend dancing with Bainion, aren't you." Lindar said, it wasn't a question.
"Yes." Nethwen said. Lindar nodded, he had heard a few stories about Bainion himself.

"I don't suppose you had any trouble with him yourself. You seem to protect yourself well." Lindar said.
Nethwen sighed. "I have had trouble with him, thats why I'm worried. I was young and naive at the time. I wish I had been able to protect myself, but I was so stupid back then." Nethwen said as she shook her head.
"Everyone has those moments, we are all young and stupid at least once in our lives." Lindar said with a smirk.

"I guess so." Nethwen agreed. Then the dance stopped and the musicians prepared for another song.
Lindar led Nethwen away from the dancing and offered her a drink. "Thank you." Nethwen said with a smile as she sipped the drink.
Then she saw Mirelwen and Bainion walk away from the dancers, Lindar put his hand on her shoulder.
"You don't have to watch her all night do you?" Lindar asked.

Nethwen nodded. "I do."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 08:56
Mirelwen walked away from the dancefloor, getting herself something to drink. She heard someone call her name and she looked to the entrance, seeing Ornion. She started to walk over to him, but then she was aware of the gash across his midsection and the wound on his arm. She ran over to him and sat him down on a bench.

"Legolas! tolo si, tolo si! Help me get him to the healers, he needs to be examined now!," she called hoarsely. He ran over and helped him up, but Ornion shook his head.

"Nay, I am leaving shortly, lost too much blood. Take the forces and march out, orcs, spiders, and wargs. Kill them, keep them back," he choked out. Mirelwen felt tears well up in her eyes as she helped Legoals carry him to the healing rooms. He turned to her, his face grave and grim.

"Mirelwen, hlep me find the infantry, we need to do as he said. Go and get your travelling clothes on and your weapons, then meet us in the main hall in five minutes. Every second is precious, now go in haste!," he pushed her gently.

She nodded and fled down the halls to her room, then put her tunic and leggings on, followed by her sword belt and her dagger at her side. She then pulled her boots on quickly and placed her throwing knives in her left boot. She threw her cloak on, then quiver, followed by her twin knives in their sheaths on either side of her quiver. She had a leather jerkin on also and paulderons, as well as her bracers and greaves. She then grabbed her bow and went to the hall, where Legolas was wating on her and the rest of the Elves.

" I told father and he is trying to find some Elves whom can fight along side of us. My archers are outside as well as swordsmen, so you can ride with us, we cannot linger here, come," he pulled her with him. She nodded and went with him, both of them mounting horses. She used a pale rown horse named Malonar.

They sped off, leading the archers on horseback as well. The swordsmen follwed but in a long, round about way to take the forces from behind by suprise. She gasped when she saw the spiders. Legolas had not been kidding when he said they were giant. She pushed her suprise away and let her mind become blank of all other thoughts except kill, fight, and protect.

They fought for hours, but ended up slaughtering the wargs and orcs, while only a few spiders fled. They made their way back to the caves and walked in, Legolas and Mirelwen covered in dirt and blood. Both of them had twigs and leaves in their hair, as well as blood. He looked over at her and laughed loudly at her.

"Legolas, if you are laughing at me, you should look into a mirror mellon nin, that would quiet you nicely," she said bitterly. She had washed and changed, then made her way back into the main hall where Elves were still dancing and singing.

The festivities at the Halls of Thranduil were renowned for lasting days. She made her way over to Bainion tiredly and sat beside him. "Forgive me for that, but I was needed to fight. It was madness out there, not only were there orcs and wargs, but spiders as well! Giant things," she shuddered," but we drove them back and slaughtered most of them," she finished calmly.

She looked at him and smiled. "I think we may have a dance to share, for it was cut short, was it not?," she asked him. She was sore from battle, but dancing always made her feel good, as well as singing.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 10:14
Bainion was a little surprised when Mirlewen rushed away, but went to sit down and wait for her return. he ate much of the food that was on display and drank a great deal. when Mirlewen finally returned, he was quite inebriated. "that is true, my lady, but, forgive me, i seem to have taken a little too much wine for the present. perhaps we could sit for the moment, until my nerves become steadier? would you like something to drink? the wine is a particularly fine vintage."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 15, 2007 11:38
Nethwen had seen Mirelwen rush out and she knew what was wrong, she had heard of recent attacks.
Inside Nethwen wanted to rush after her and fight, but she knew they would be alright by themselves and they had left without her anyway.

Lindar had gone and asked if he was needed, but he was told that they had enough elves to fight back the beasts.
Nethwen sat in silence, she was begining to feel very useless.
Lindar saw her downcast face and sat beside her.
"Are you alright? You seem sad." Lindar asked.

"Sad is not the word exactly. It's more like useless. I can fight but they have enough, and I want to protect Mirelwen but I can't. She can take care of herself, I can see that by watching her." Nethwen sighed.
Lindar smiled at Nethwen.
"You aren't useless, Nethwen. My goodness, what would give you that notion. You don't need to protect every friend you have." Lindar said.

Nethwen sighed. "I guess that's just the way I am. I have always been over protective of my friends. Mirelwen was so sad before, I'm glad she's strong again." Nethwen smiled slightly.
"Would you like to dance again?" Lindar asked.
Nethwen nodded and he led her out and began to dance with her.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2007 09:09
Mirelwen looked at Bainion and her eyebrow raised in slight amusement. She had seen and Elf drink, for they drank wine in Rivendell, but she had never seen an Elf drink too much for they never allowed themselves so much to drink. She took a glass and drank a sip, letting it warm her and she savored the taste.

It always took her at least an hour to drink one glass. She sat the cup down and turned to Bainion, staring him in the eye. "perhaps we could take a walk in the gardens? The fresh air may do you some good and earn your nerves back. Or perhaps the night air could shock them back into you," she said teasingly.

Mirelwen could not help herself, she had onyl seen Elves this way once, and that was when the twins and Legolas had drank too much wine for their own good. She had teased them endlessly, laughing when the ystumbled and when Elladan had decided to try and catch a wild boar with no weapons. She took on a serious tone.

"Or I could give you something to drink that could steady your nerves so that we might be able to enjoy the rest of the evening," she offered. Her head tilted to the side slightly and she stared at him, her eyes locked on his. She waited for an answer as she looked around at the other Elves dancing. She saw Nethwen and gave her a small wave, then picked up her cup and took another sip.

It was a refreshing wine, one she had only tasted when she came to Thranduil's halls. "Now I know why Mornar, Elladan, Elrohir and I took so many frequent trips here before Thranduils sent word for us not to come unless we had a large party, those three always enjoyed the wine a little too much and were often aided by Legolas. I would stay back and use their, loss of senses to my advantage.

Elladan once tried to kill a wild boar with no more than his own bare hands, he quickly learned his lesson and got a thorough word whipping from myself and Thranduil, they all did. Oh but it was worth it, if you could have only seen him stagger around the clearing, trying to get to the beast; I ended up shooting it dead on the spot, before he hurt himself," she said laughingly.

she had never told anyone about that incident, not even Lord Elrond nor her own father. "Bainion, I trust you with this secret, now you must never tell my father or Lord Elrond, for I would hate to see what all of us would go through," she said lightly.

Her eyes sparkled with happiness and she stood, offering her hand to Bainion incase he might need to steady himself. She grabbed her pouch of herbs and gave him a root to chew, which would help to lower the alcohol effects. She then walked outside with him.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 09:06
Bainion was glad of the opportunity to be alone with Mirlewen, and so he gladly accepted her invitation. "i think i would enjoy a stroll in the garden. the fresh air will clear my head wonderfully" with that, he rose, somewhat unsteadilly, and entwined his arm with Mirlewen's, leading her from the hall into the palace gardens
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 17, 2007 09:25
Mirelwen placed her otehr hand on his arm when he stood unstaedily, making sure he would not fall. She smiled a little and walked with ihm out to the gardens. The moon and stars were bright, lighting the outdoors with a bluey silver light. She looked around at the trees and flowers, which came out only at night.

She picked one up gently and held it in the palm of her hand, then let it drop to the ground. She led him to the clearing she had visited and helped him sit on the stump. SHe then sat by the stream's edge, letting her fingers fall in the water and brush it gently. She sighed and looked up, admiring the stars and moon. She had always loved the stars and her father had found her in the gardens at Rivendell often as a child, sleeping peacefully from a night out in the dark.

She turned and looked at Bainion to make sure he had not fallen off of the stump, then turned back around and stared into the water. She made a face and fixed her circlet, making the deep blue sapphire sit upon her brow straight once again. It was silver mithril, twined with gold also to look like two vines wrapped together around her head. Her dark hair gleamed with the light from the stars, as did the sapphire. She turned to him, her ice blue eyes staring into his, piercingly.

"Bainion, tell me; do you enjoy sitting out all night, watching the stars and singing softly to them? It is one of my favourite thnigs to do. I enjoy singing, dancing, stargazing, and riding horses besides the shooting, sparring, scouting, and infantry work that I am normally found doing," she said laughingly.

Her skin nearly glowed in the light of the moon, making her seem paler than she normally was. Her dress stood out against her skin, being dark wine red. She allowed herself to lay back, giving her a better view of the midnight blue sky above, ablaze with the white stars.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 04:32
perhaps it was the alcohol affecting his judgement, but Bainion suddenly had an irresistable need for this creature sitting next to him. fortunately his mind was not so fuddled that he could not see the folly that too prompt a move would prove to be. he looked into Mirlewen's eyes. "indeed my lady, i often like to sit out under the stars, but..." here he chuckled "i fear my singing voice leaves a great deal to be desired. as for the flowers, why would i wish to look at that which is so vastly outshone by your beauty?"

(he's starting to show his true colours here, i think...)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 05:08
Nethwen smiled at Lindar after the dance, but her eyes searched around the room for Mirelwen. She was gone, and so was Bainion. Nethwen began to worry.
"I hope you'll excuse me Lindar. I am getting weary and need to walk." Nethwen said.

Lindar smiled at her. "I could accompany you, if you like." Lindar said. Nethwen nodded.
She took Lindar's arm and they walked down the hall.
"You're worried again, aren't you?" Lindar asked, he smirked.
Nethwen nodded. "Yes, I guess I'm acting silly, but I know Bainion, and although he's been behaving I don't trust him." Nethwen explained.

Lindar nodded. "He's a strange person, and he has quite a reputation. But nevermind, wouldn't you like to have a nice evening without worry? Just relax." Lindar said.
Nethwen tried to smile, but she was quite the worrier.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2007 07:12
Mirelwen blushed when Bainion had spoken and she lowred her head some, staring at the water. "I have not heard those kind of words since my friend Mornar was killed by the orcs two days ago. We were captured and tortured a good deal, but he got the worse part of it, for he was too far gone when I drug him out of the caves. H-he left me there, on the hillside, alone and lost.

" It was a powerful blow, for we have been friends since my childhood. I do not know how I shall break the news to his father and mother," she said softly. She could feel the tears welling up in her eyes and she did not brush them away, letting them fall to the ground.

She watched one cling to a blade of grass, then she pulled her legs up, wrapping her arms around her knees and resting her cheek against them. She sat for a few minutes in this way, not speaking, then she laid down on the grass once again. Her mind felt clouded, her thoughts hazy and jumbled. Her hands shook slightly and she placed them on her stomach.

She liad there, not moving, her chest rising and falling evenly. She looked up at the stars, marveling them. The sapphire on her brow shone on her circlet. Mirelwen sighed and looked over at Bainion, watching him closely for a few seconds, her pale blue eyes piercing his gaze. She then removed eye contact and closed her eyes, listening to the nightly birds sing their songs, the owl hoot softly, and the water rush over the rocks.

All these sounds soothed her, reminding her of home, but one thing was missing;the singing. She started singing softly, her voice soft and flowing. She sang about the stars, the moon, and how Varda had made them to shine brightly. She finished, feeling satisfied and opened her eyes.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2007 03:29
Far down among the South of the Greenwood....

She watched with steady eyes as an army of orcs marched below. She hid in the shadows of the dark tree planted in the Greenwood. The march was loud and the grumbling or orc could be heard by her keen hearing for miles. She hissed under her breath. Already he was moving his forces. It was sooner than she expected. Not wanting to waste another moment of the precious night, Tau used the agility and accurate balance of her kind to make her way from one tree top to the next. The forest worked to her advantage. No wonder Thranduil made his kingdom in the northwood. The trees made almost a solid shadow on the ground, it looked to complete darkness even during a full moon, perfect for any good or evil fortress.

When she was a fair distance from the army, she leapt down from the trees an slipped her way among the darkness, unseen by any. Deep in the south greenwood she had looked for the perfect place to lead her troops. The forest proved true to her cause when she found a pathway down behind one of the few small waterfalls of Taur-e-Ndaldos. Lying behind the falling water was a large underground, eroded cavern, winding deeper and deeper into the earth. It seemed so well crafted, she would not have been surprised if dwarves had anything to do with it.

It was here she began to rally stray orcs and a few warg riders to her service. Many of the enemy was residing in the Greenwood (those not under the rule of Sauron). Tau had the leadership of one clan of orcs and directed them to this cavern to influence more to their numbers. She promised them all food to eat, an shelter.

Tau taught those who followed her how to be silent as she (not quite as silent as an elf though). They learned from the rogue she-elf, more of quick clean kills, and silent attacks, instead of loud marching and senseless rage. Her army would be like no other orc force anyone had seen. They wandered the forest unheard, posing a deadly threat.

As she made her way down the steep pathway, those who kept guard made no move as she walked silently by. When she entered the caverns the orcs who were gathered stood an nodded their heads in respect to their leader.

She ignored them and walked past to her own personal corner of the stone maze. As she walked down the hall she yelled in a sudden demanding tone. "Gothmo! Report!"
The orc she referred to, jumped from his thoughts an immediately began to clammer behind her.

"The zag talaan...came across...fifteen orcs from Talaan. Ready to serve you..." he snorted. His head twitched as his uneven gate struggled to keep up with his leader.
"That makes our numbers almost bûr. Good work. . . Sauron," she spat upon the ground the moment his name escaped her mouth, hitting Gothmo (he made no move to avoid it), "is moving sooner than expected. It will be awhile before Thranduil even sees his cloud of darkness rise. We could use this to our advantage. . ." she thought aloud, stopping an biting her lip in thought.
"How, shaakhlob. . .?" Gothmo growled, followed by a series of hacks. Tau frowned down upon him.
"Leave me!" she hissed.
He didn't hesitate, an disappeared behind her. She sat down upon the makeshift bed and began to take off her black leather armor. Those who followed her all wore leather armor in this fashion. It proved to be lighter and quieter, making stealth easier.

Laying down covered only by a rough blanket, she rested. Being an elf, her eyes never closed as she slept.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Black Speech translations:

zag talaan - Four North (Tau's army names those as they join from their numbers and the direction they hailed from.)

bûr- one hundred

shaakhlob - Maiden Ruler

IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 05:09
Bainion listened to Mirlewen's song, and was more enamoured with her than ever. "you are even more fair of voice than of face. it is sad that you have noone to share your talents with..." he reached up. and gently brushed a strand of hair from her face.

[Edited on 20/4/2007 by IthilionofMirkwood]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 09:15
Mirelwen blushed when Bainion complimented her singing, but she started and pulled away when he touched her cheek. SHe scooted away from him a little and pulled her arms around her knees, her cheek resting on them.

"Do not touch me, I would rather not be at the moment. Perhaps we should go back to the halls now, it is getting late in the evening and i am to help train some of the young Elves by request of Legolas and Thranduil himself. If you wish to come with me, then you may, for I am going back now, these attacks here lately have had me uptight," she said coldly.

She was dissapearing back into her mask she wore, becoming whom she was known for; one who is not given to showing feelings yet seeming always angry, wrathful, brooding, and cold. Her blue eyes iced over once again, making the ice blue orbs seem colder than what she had been at all here of late. SHe stood and dusted herself off gently, shaking her head as if to clear it.

SHe then stretched, her arms up in the air. Her full five foot eleven figure was outlined faintly in light. She started to walk away, then turned around to face Bainion once more.

"I am sorry, mellon nin, but if you knew only half of what I have been through in my life, perhaps you would understand why I rcoil from another's touch, why I seem so angry, and why I myself am cold and keep my heart iced over. I hate feelnigs, they weaken you, as they did when I allowed them to take over once again. I am simply dissappearing, becoming whom I am always; Dauhgter of Glorfindel, Mirelwen of his house, and miaden of coldness, as my surename points out to those who understand," she whispered emotionlessly.

Her eyes were blank of all emotion except anger and coldness, her face blank and hard to read as normal. Her body was erect and stiff, her jaw set in determination to defy the world. She turned and walked away, heading back to the halls. She stepped inside and sw Nethwen.

"I am going to my room to sleep some, for tomorrow I begin training some of the younger Elves for combat. King Thranduil asked me to, so intned on following orders. If you see Bainion, tell him I am sorry, and kindly direct him on another path opposite of the one I walk," she said, her voice hollow, her eyes and face expressionless.

She turned without another word and went to her room, sitting heavily on the bed, not shutting her door. She went in the small room off of hers and dressed in her night dress, sitting once again back on the bed, her head held in her hands. She sat there, not moving, staring at the floor. HEr body shook from the effort she took to remain calm and not go into a full blood rage.

She felt her blood boiling, her ire white hot and still burning hotter. She let out a small growl of anger, suddenly lashing out, hitting the chair in front of her, watching it fall with a crash to the ground. Her fist struck the table, toppling it to the floor. She grimaced and flipped the table out of her way, stormnig out into the halls to the lower levels, the dungeons.

SHe stopped in the halls however, and sat on the floor, her back to the wall. She was loathe to stay here, oh how she wished to simply ride out and kill anything that opposed her. Her hatred for the orcs and what they had made her, how they had taken her friend away, she cursed out loud, her voice reverberating off of the walls.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2007 10:47
Nethwen was surprised at what Mirelwen said, then she worried that Bainion had done something to her. Nethwen's eyes lit with flame.
"Lindar, will you excuse me." Nethwen said, then she stormed outside.

"Bainion! What have you done to Mirelwen? She was very upset when she came inside, well, she seemed upset by what she said. What have you done?" Nethwen asked, her voice was low and burned with anger.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 10:42
Tau rose from her mat blinking a few times to allow the moisture to return to her eyes. Down the halls she could hear clearly the scurring of her troops and their raspy voices as they gambled over the weapons which had been recovered from those they were able to kill.

She stood and began to reapply the armor which she was never seen without. She let down her long jet black hair and submit it to a loose braid, having never really known what else to do with it.

Lacing up the knee high black leather boots she exited her chamber and allowed her footsteps to be heard as she entered the next chamber of orc soldiers. As she entered they all stopped their current games and stood looking towards her. No orc is able to stand completely still, it wasn't their nature. Everyone of them twitched or switched from one foot to the other uneasily, hissing and scratching. Tau had become used to this behavior, as disgusting as it seemed to her an weak, she knew their kind could not help it.

Her eyes penetrated those she chose to gaze upon, her stare icy. At times as these she had to seem expressionless so none who follow her could sense any bit of weakness.
"Gather yourselves together, uruk! To the dulug mur. . ." Some quickly began to shuffle down the halls a few others remained gathering their winnings together. Tau observed thier hesitence and gritted her teeth. She stomped up to one of the more persistent ones, gathering his precious coins together. She snatched him by his neck armor jolting his body and forcing him to look her straight in the eyes. He screeched and clicked his tongue in fear as she gazed into his dark eyes.
"Rad! You glob. . ." she hissed between gritted teeth, she roughly pushed him to the ground looking to the others who spectated.
"Rad!" she screeched in a high pitch voice to irritate thier sensitive hearing.
They quickly forgot thier belongings and scurried away to the Weapons keep.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Black Speech translations

uruk - orc

dulug mor- weapon room

Rad - now

glob - fool
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2007 03:36
Mirelwen felt a little bad about the way she had acted toward Bainion and she got up, resolving to find him and explain herself and her behavior. She walked through the halls, searching in vain for him. When she found him, he was in Nehtwen's grasp, and she was relentless to him. She stepped up, placing a hand on Nethwen's arm.

"Nethwen, please, let me take care of this. He did nothing, it was simply memories of my past, the worst part of it, that resurfaced and ruined our talk. I was hoping to find him and perhaps apologize for my behavior," she explained quietly. Her hand closed around Bainion's arm and she led him away, heading for the privacy of her own room.

She lit a fire in the fireplace and lit some torches as well, throwing the room into light. She sat on the bed and watched him for a moment, then stood and walked to him. She sat opposite of him in a chair, watching him, taking in everything about him in her cold, ice blue eyes.

"I wish to apologize for my behavior, I was rude and I am truely sorry. It is just that the last time I was touched so, it was mocking and degrading, in a dark place where I was put through things I would wish on none I ever encounter, except orcs, whom do not count. You know nothing of my past I know this, but my past is one I do not share with any. It is full of nothing but pain, torture, and ther things as well. Perhaps one day I may tell you, but until then I am afraid if you are to be a friend, then you shall have to get used to the cold Elf you see here, for that is who I am. Rarely do I become pleasant, and as you have seen, it is fleeting," she said quietly.

Her eyes brimmed with tears, but hse hardened her face and eyes as well wiping the tears away. She looked up, staring Bainion in the eye. They were glassy with unshed tears but other than that, she was calm.

"Well Bainion, I wish you to tell me one thing, why do you appear wherever I am? Surely there are other Elves who would prefer your attention. Do not argue, for I am not ignorant nor am I amused. Why? That is all I ask, especially since I have strict orders not only from my father and Lord Elrond, but King Thranduil as well to ealert, for I may leave here with important information for the Lord and Lady of the Wood, as well as the Lords in Imladris, as soon as suspicions are either confirmed or proved wrong. I am a messenger and a warrior, as well as a proud indivivual, for on more than one occassion, my pride and dignity have got my friends and I in trouble. Tell me this, please, and I can leave knowing th answer," she said softly, but not unkindly.

Her voice was a little rough, but she was as gentle and kind as she could be.

[Edited on 23/4/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 05:16
Bainion was taken aback by Mirlewen's directness "well, if you must know, my lady, i find you intriguing, nay, fascinating. there is something about you that i find irresistable. you have been in my thoughts ever since you arived, and no matter what i do, i cannot drive you from my mind. no other maiden has ever caused me to feel this way before..." his face took on a darker aspect all of a sudden "except perhaps one..." he did not explain himself further.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 08:19
Nethwen did not follow Mirelwen, she knew she was strong enough to be alone with him, she wouldn't be hurt.
Nethwen went inside and made her way to her own room. She was weary from the day's events.

Nethwen laid down in bed, she began to wonder if maybe she was being rude in trying to prevent Bainion and Mirelwen becoming close. Maybe Bainion had changed since she knew him.

Nethwen sighed sadly as she remembered when she had fallen in love with him, even if it had all been fake. She remembered the day when she became angry with him and he left and she was glad to never see him again, even though her heart ached.

"He is nothing to me, but maybe this is a whole different story for Mirelwen." Nethwen whispered.
She decided to try and be pleasant around Bainion if Mirelwen was near. She was usually a very forgiving person, but what he had done to her she never forgave.

"Maybe it's time to forgive...." She paused. "No, not until I see a change. So far I have not." Nethwen said, then she closed her eyes and slipped into sleep.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 24, 2007 09:14
Mirelwen nodded, seeming satified with his answer, although it was unnerving that he felt so about her. In her life, she was the one who was a warrior, enjoying every aspect of it, not bothering as other Elf maidens on who they were courting at the time. Her place was among fighters, sparring in free time, and challenging the younger new Elves to races, contests, and flat out cometitions of any kind.

But she was also a scholar, enjoying learning new things and then using them to her advantage in battle if she could, or she would cling to the information and then wish to know even more, even if it meant finding out for herself. She grimaced recalling some past trial and error situations she had been through. She looked at Bainion. She blushed faintly but looked him in the eye, rather than looking away.

"Well, I suppose I could live with that, as long as you do not interfere with my duties to the forest and to Rivendell, as well as to learning and warfare. Tomorrow I am to help train the young warriors with Legolas, there are only ten, if even that, it is sad really, to few anymore to help properly defend against opposing forces," she said softly, almost regretfully.

Her face was a mask of dissapointment and sadness, thinknig of how Mornar would have loved to be here, helping train the Elves and tease her about this new thing, for she had never been through such. Legolas came in, stopped raised an eyebrow, then walked back out, fighting laughter and smirking. Mirelwen paled and she closed her eyes, groaning.

"Ai, well, I guess I shall have to pay for this tomorrow. Ai, Elbereth, he will never let me live this down, ever.He will most likelt send word to Elladan and Elrohir, telling them as well and I shall endure the same torture at home as well, but tis my choice, none shall make my mind up for me," she said to Bainion, looking out of the corner of her eye at him. She stood and walekd to the door, shutting it and locking it.

"I would rather not allow anyone to walk in at the moment, I am not given to talking to individuals whom I do not know well, and some may think I am growing kinder in nature, which would not work well at all," she exlained.

She sat back down in the chair, looking at him carefully. "I suppose I should get some rest for tomorrow, but I am unable to find rest, the battle this evening tested my nerves I am afraid. Forgive me if I seem jumpy. Perhaps we could take a walk around the halls?", she suggested to him. Mirelwen did not feel like sleeping and wished to do something other than hold up in her room.
Iri
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 05:51
The chamber they called the weapons keep was all they had to gather together in. The stone cave walls were lined by makeshift shelves housing extra shields an assorted elven weaponery taken as spoils. Being orcs, they could not use the elven blades for many of them were rot with thier magic. The magic did not effect Tau, but she spat upon it regardless. The rest of the cavern was dimly lit by burning torches still being lit by the loyal uruk. The cave echoed with thier shuffling of armor shod feet, thier constant clicking and hissing at one another, however once Tau appeared all tried thier hardest to remain silent.

She roamed her eyes of her soldiers, they stared back with unsurity. "Your former Dark Lord Sauron has already begun to make his way toward our lands." she explained pacing in front of her followers. A few hissed and spat at the mention of thier past. "Already his armies trod the land, in order to begin his coveted fortress. My Uruk! We must not allow the dark lord to win your loyalty once more, pay no heed to his lies, for he will try. My ears already hear his poison whisper through the wind, deny him!" Some of the orcs yelled in reply to thier mistress, the cry for thier freedom from the dark lord.

"You follow me now, I offer you your freedom...our fight against the Dark Lord an the vile first children!" They cheered at her encouragement now, not afraid to stamp thier armor. "For, were we not as they are? Were we not betrayed as they continued to roam free? We are who we are because of the Dark Lord and because of the elven betrayal! He captured us! Held us and torchered us until we became what we are now!" The orcs began to rally themselves almost beyond control, thier hate for the elves and the dark lord evident between thier gritted teeth. Tau screeched loudly rolling her tongue, an they quieted down.

"However, we use our new form to fight for our revenge. We use what they did to us as our advantage! As the Dark Lord moves, the elves of Thranduil will begin to realize the growing of his threat, when they do they will plan to fight against him, as thier eyes focus on that of Sauron we will strike them from behind. We will strike in the very throne room of Thranduil and take the King's head for our prize!"

The cheers and growls of her followers forced a smirk to grow upon Tau's face. She knew the story of the created orcs an used it against them only to follow her. They saw her as thier redeemer, for she used thier wants for her gain. As soon as her revenge against the elves was brought upon she had no desire to remain with these beast any longer.

"Gothmo!" she yelled over the raging crowd. The humble uruk waddle to his mistress with his eyes casting low. "Prepare to leave this next night, the full moon rises and we shall gain more to our purpose and check our outpost, Tau will ride with her followers." she said, looking out to the rallying uruks in the weapons keep with a sinister smirk.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 06:21
Nethwen woke suddenly. She had been dreaming, the same old dream that she had had for years. She remembered the day her family died, she had been present, but she had been spared because she had been the only one who could out run the orcs arrows, she hated the fact that she had run.

Nethwen sighed, it was silly to dwell on the past. It was gone and there was nothing she could change.
Then she looked outside, she had a balcony and walked out on it. She smiled at the moon that was begining to set.

Then she heard something on the wind, it was evil. Then she shivered as she remembered the rumors she had heard of Sauron's return. She sighed sadly, she would miss the peace that would disappear once Sauron began his attacks.

"Sauron won't rule forever." Nethwen said, then she looked at her sword that was laid on a table in her room. She would probably have to use it when she planned on returning to Lorien, but she didn't want to leave yet, she wanted to stay for Mirelwen.

Nethwen knew she wouldn't be able to sleep anymore so she got dressed in her dark blue tunic and buckled on her sword, and put on her quiver and took her bow.
Nethwen walked out of her room and made her way outside, she decided to practice, she hadn't for a long time.

Nethwen placed her bow down and swung her sword around at an invisable enemy. She lunged and blocked and paid so much attention to her fighting that she didn't notice someone watching her.

(I'm not sure who you want this to be. It could be Bainion and Mirelwen since they are walking together)
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 08:46
Bainion's heart leapt at Mirlewen's invitation. he stood and extended his arm, which she took as he led her out into the gardens. they walked for a long time, simply talking, bainion keeping as close as he dared to Mirlewen. after a while, he spied a figure in the darkness ahead, and realised that it was Nethwen, practicing with her sword. he stood for a moment in silence, as he considered his options. he could try and redirect Mirlewen away from Nethwen. but that might raise her guard and make her defensive, and Bainion did not want that. he could simply pass Nethwen and hope that she did not take his presence amiss. this seemed the safest option to him, and he continued on. as he approached her, he spoke aloud. "Lady Nethwen. what a pleasure to see you out here! the lady Mirlewen and i were just enjoying a stroll in the gardens. what keeps you out so late?"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 09:08
Mirelwen stiffened somwhat as Bainion moved closer, but she did not pull away. SHe enjoyed being outside, but her heart grew cold and her face darkened some. She felt something on theair that made her blood run cold and she shivered. It felt like when she had been in Mordor, it felt evil and dark, suffocatingly so.

She took a shallow, unsteady breath and treid to calm her nerves, but to no avail. She saw Nethwen and nearly cried out in relief to see a friend, but she stopped herself. She instead loosened herself from Bainion's grasp and walked to Nethwen.

"Nethwen, I am worried. These woods felt peaceful not twelve hours ago, and now it is evil and dark. Be alert and stay cautious, I have an audience with King Thranduil on the morrow about patrols and what is to be done. I may have to leave for a time to give word to Rivendell, but I know not if I am to be the messenger yet. I am warning you now because I do not wish to see a friend disappear," she whispered to her, her voice grave and urgent.

She walked back to Bainion and stared Nethwen in the eye levelly, nodding slightly to her. She hoped she would not have to leave, but she was not sure if Thranduil would send her or someone else. All she knew was that Lord Elrond had told her things from the Lady Galadriel herself to tell King Thranduil as well, and the news was grave indeed. She rolled her shoulders, feeling restless.

"Nethwen, Bainion, come with me into the halls. It does not feel right out here and would rather like to go inside and rest some, for I am weary. I have a full day ahead of me and think we should all retire, come," she said softly, yet with a warning in her voice.

her eyes pleaded with them to follow her inside, she felt as if she were being watched, and her skin pricked. She shivered from the uncomfortable feelnig she had and walked back to the halls, her hands clamped frimly on Bainion and Nethwen's wrists. She towed them behind her until they reached the main hall, then she let go and allowed them to go where they wished.

She made the trek to her room slowly and opened the door, entering the fire lit room. She pulled her tunic, leggings, quiver, bow, sword, knives, leather jerkin, chainmail, and cloak out of various places, putting them in a neat and accesible pile by the chairs and table in her room. She righted them from her agngered rampage earlier and then sat on her bed, not bothering to put the fire out. Her eyes drooped halfway shut in Elven dreams, glazed slightly and reflecting the firelight in them.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 25, 2007 09:31
Nethwen had heard Bainion and Mirelwen coming before they spoke and wasn't surprised when they called to her.
She answered Bainion's question first. "I am getting rusty with my sword techniques. I thought I should practice." Nethwen said, her heart was still cold to him, but she tried her best to be friendly.

When Mirelwen suddenly seemed alarmed about something Nethwen nodded her head, to her surprise she was towed behind Mirelwen, she walked right beside Bainion, Nethwen glanced at him then blushed and turned away.
Nethwen kicked herself for blushing. This was so stupid, she didn't even like him.

Then she looked up, her face was back to it's normal color, not bright red. Nethwen smiled a little at Mirelwen as she walked off, then she stood awkwardly in the hallway with Bainion for a moment.
"Bainion....I-I don't want to be angry at you anymore...I want to forgive you. This is taking a lot of courage for me to say this...I'm sorry for being so unforgiving. I am not ready to be your friend, but I hope you forgive me too." Nethwen said, her voice was quieter than usual.

Then she turned and walked away, she wished that she hadn't seen him again, it brougth back bad memories. She smiled a little. "I need to let go of this piece of my past, and hopefully move on." Nethwen said.
She looked back and saw Bainion was gone. "Maybe he will be good to Mirelwen." Nethwen whispered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 27, 2007 02:31
Mirelwen woke, feeling very well rested and she stretched, simply sitting on the edge of her bed for awhile. She then got up and donned her outfit she had put by the door. She was just puttig her cloak on when she heard far off disturbances. She walked out her door, shutting it tightly, and to the kitchen.

She heard angered yelling and one trying to defend themselves. She was knocked down by Legolas as he came running out. An apple collided with the stone wall, splitting on contact. Their long time friend, Malanor, cam out, his upper body and head covered in flour and then it was sticky from water.

He glared at Legolas, who grabbed Mirelwen by the wrist and pulled her to her feet, runnung off with her. Malanor gave an angry cry and sped off after them, but he was lost to the two. Legolas got to the courtyard and stopped, looking over at Mirelwen.

"Legolas, what in Eru's name did you do? He is always so quiet, gentle, and calm, never in all my long years have I seen one such as him so angered. What did you do!?," she asked him, her eyes wide in suprise. He looked over and smiled sheepishly, holding his hands up.

"I know not, I only wanted to make m own meal this morning, he came in, saw what I was doing, tried to take over, I hit him with the bag of flour, then threw a pot of water on him. He glared at me and picked up an apple, intending to hit me with it, but he missed," he said seriously.

She stared at him with unease, then began laughing. She shook her head and walked away for the training fields. When she arrived, Legolas was behind her.

"If I may have your attention, this is the warrior that the King said would be helping for some time. This is Mirelwen Helegwen, daughter of Glorfindel of Imladris," he said, steeping aside to let her see the new Elves. One Elf, named Morgaur, stared at her skeptically, his mouthed turning to a sneer.

"So, this is the one hmm? The warrior, I see no warrior, i see a maiden, and a pretty one at that, but no warrior. Some things should be left to us, not them. The rest of you do what you will, but I refuse to be taught by a maiden," he said mockingly. Mirelwen stiffened, her eyes smoldering with anger. She turned on heel, marching straight to him, standing in front of him, her face a mask of rage.

"Oh, so you think I could not do just as much as the male Elf does? I have news for you, as much as I hate to admit it, I was in Mordor, carted off as a slave, there for many years until most believed me dead. You prince thought otherwise and came and saved me, which took mauch courage, but it also much courage to *stay* in Mordor, and not simply give up in life. I have fought much in my life, sometimes in the worst situations, but I always pulled through. if you think you are better, then get your sword, and we shall spar," she said coldly, her words shaking from near rage.

HEr eyes were alight with fire. She drew her aword and held it out, waiting for Morgaur to draw his. He paled slightly, then stepped back.

"I would rather not my lady, for i have no experience," he said quietly, staring warily at her drawn sword and her rage filled face. She nodded, then sheathed her sword, turning to Legolas.

"They are all yours, mellon nin, I shall take only two at a time for sword lessons, the rest are yours for archery, "She said softly. He nodded. Mirelwen wandered off with two Elves, each with a sword, and spent the afternoon training them.

When they had finished training for the day, it was raining hard. Mirelwen cleaned up the equipment on her own, sending Legolas to give the report to his father. The Elves had left a while back, so she was cleaning up on her own. Once done, she walked slowly back to the halls.

She stopped off at the waterfall to swim. She undressed quickly and submerged herself in the water. It was cool and felt wonderful. She scrubbed at her skin and hair, ridding them of dust and dirt. She then pulled her clothes back on a ran to the halls, where she nearly did not make it in. They had just been closing the doors for the evening when she burst up the stairs and threw herself inside.

One of them gave her a dissaproving look but said nothing. She ran down the halls, soaked to the bone. HEr hair was plastered to her head and her clothes hung limply on her body from rain. She slid on the stone floor, her wet boots not providing any traction. She slid a few feet, then slammed into a wall. She at dazed on the floor, getting her bearings back. SHe looked up and saw someone standing there, but could not tell who it was, for her vision swam and dimmed.

Mirelwen leaned back and let out a soft moan, her head throbbing and her foot as well. She shut her eyes and placed a hand on the back of her head, feeling a trickle of blood and a large knot form. She cursed and pulled herself up unsteadily. Her foot had been the first thing to collide with the wall, following her head and the rest of her body.

[Edited on 1/5/2007 by Elfalas]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email