Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did it come to this?
on: July 02, 2007 10:49
When Nethwen charged into battle, Bainion was right behind her. He leapt from the treeline, and his sword licked out, every stroke ending the life of one of the spiders. Suddenly he heard a cry he had heard only once before, and it filled him with as much dread as it had that day. He looked up and saw that Mirlewen was beset by the spiders. When one of the foul creatures bit her in the leg, he made to run to her aid, but another shout made him turn back. Nethwen was down, and many spiders swarmed over her, her legs already becoming entangled in their silk.

With a shout, Bainion charged to her rescue, driving his blade into the abdomen of one of the spiders, before ripping it free and slicing another of the beasts clean in two. Such was his fury that the beasts quailed and backed away from him. "Well?!" he cried "Is that all you can muster? If you want her, come and claim her." The spiders turned and fled in fear from him, only to be cut down by two of the other elves. Bainion turned and hacked at the webs binding Nethwen's feet with his knife. When she was free, he helped her to her feet. She was unsteady, and looked faintly sick, but she was able to stand. "Stay close to me. I shall protect you" Bainion said quietly.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2007 12:07
Malanor continued to fight, his demeanor strangely quiet and calm, almost unsettling in the battle for it seemed not to belong in the battle but rather in the healing halls. He heard Bainion shout out and smiled faintly to himself, remembering when one other had shouted like that, but at orcs, and they were in much worse shape. He had to heal them when they came back to the palace for fear of being seen by Thranduil.

He smiled again and stabbd another spider, watchnig it writhe on the ground and cry in pain. He noticed that many were fighting and that many were also slowing from exhaustion. You could separate the natural fighters from those who were fighting for the first time. Mirelwen had rushed headlong into any battle for her life, no matter the cost as long as her friends were safe. He pushed his thoughts aside and fought once more, the same calm, collected demeanor evident in his eyes, face, and movements.
Mirelwen had night mares, on the border of night terrors for the first half hour she was in the healing rooms. When she woke she was tired, feeling the fatigue that laid heavily on her. She looked up into Legolas' face and he smiled down at her.

"Well mellon nin, it is about time you woke. Those dreams of your were something awful, not just for you. You hit at least ten healers and knocked one out cold. It was quite a show but glad you are back among the living so to speak. You just rest, from what I have heard the fight goes well," he said.

He really had no clue how the fight went, he told her what she wished to hear. She settled back against the pillows and smiled at him, her eyes glistening with relief.

[Edited on 5/7/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 03, 2007 04:53
Nethwen nodded a thanks to Bainion and then continued to fight. She knew that once the adrenaline of battle left her that she would be in agony from the bite.

Her bright blue eyes on glowed with anger. A fury was in her heart unlike any she had ever known. She hated these creatures, they had done so much harm in this land.

Then she heard a familiar cry and she turned her head. She saw the young lad who still carried her sword fall. She gasped and ran towards him, limping only slightly.

She jumped in front of him, holding her sword defensively. She dared the beasts to come and get her and the boy.
"Come on then, kill me and him. What are you waiting for? We're just standing here?" Nethwen said angrily.

The spiders were reluctant, but then they attacked. Nethwen was able to fight them off, killing three with her sword and then the others fled.

Once they were gone Nethwen dropped down beside the boy to see if he was alright. She placed the sword that was rightfully his on the ground near him.

She checked his wounds and from the look on his face they were all poisoned. She felt a great pain in her heart, this young elf would not survive. He would be dead within minutes.

The elf opened his eyes. "My lady, what is happening to me?" He asked, fear shone in his dark eyes.
Nethwen sighed. "You have been poisoned." She whispered.
His eyes became wide with fear, but then he closed them and took in a breath.
"My lady, all I ask is that you tell my Nani what has become of me. My name is Dorion." He whispered, his voice becoming fainter.

Nethwen felt tears stinging her eyes. She clasped his hand and put her other hand on his shoulder.
"I will do it." She promised.

Dorion nodded and then closed his eyes, and then he took one last shakey breath and life left his body.
Nethwen felt such sorrow, for he couldn't have been much older than a hundred.

Then she saw the spiders coming close again, sensing her sadness and mistaking it for weakness.
Nethwen picked up her sword and charged at them. She was a fury unleased and the spiders were afraid.

Soon Nethwen found her way back to Bainion and she fought beside him again. Tears flowed down her face freely as she fought, tears of anger and sorrow. But the fury in her heart and eyes did not vanish.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 10:56
Bainion saw the grief in Nethwen's eyes, and looked over to see the prone form laying a few metres away. Realising what had happened, his fury was kindled anew. "Fear not, mellon nin. His death shall not go unavenged." Raising his voice, he cried above the din of battle. "Rally to me my brothers! It is time we ended this!" At the sound of his voice, many of the nearby Elves fought their way over to stand beside him. He could see that they were losing heart, but he knew that, for better or worse, the end was near.

At that moment, a bolt of lightning arced down from the sky, striking a nearby tree and blinding for a moment all those present. The spiders seemed fearful of the flames that now licked up around the blasted stump. Suddenly Bainion got an idea. He leapt forward, cutting a swathe of death through the spiders, and managed to reach the tree. He grabbed hold of a smouldering stump and shook it until it was kindled to bright flame. Then he waved it menacingly, and used it to set alight the webs the spiders had strung about the trees. The beasts shrieked at him, enraged, and redoubled their assault. He managed to fight them off with sword and flaming brand, but one of them came at him unawares and bit him deep on the shoulder. Bainion stood for a moment, as though mesmerised, and he felt his legs giving way, as the poison worked its way through his system. With the last ounce of his strength, he turned and stabbed the creature, before his mind succumbed to the poison, and he sank into a world of ceaseless nightmare.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 11:43
Nethwen fought firecly. "Estel my friends! Remember Estel!" She cried. She continued to fight and the elves seemed to have renewed strength, though she knew even that would give out soon.

Then she gasped when she saw Bainion fall beside her. She stood over him, defending him with her own body.
"You will not defile him further!" Nethwen shouted.

And with Nethwen alone to lead she led them to a small victory. In the end the spiders gave up, not wanting to fight further and their numbers having lessened, but they were not completely destroyed.

Nethwen knew the elves had had enough fighting and she told them now they must leave, but to take the dead and wounded with them.

She ordered two elves to carry Bainion, she worried very much about him. And she herself went to Dorion and lifted him in her own arms. She felt tears in her eyes again, realizing that they might lose Bainion, it was obvious he had been poisoned.

"No, keep remembering hope." She thought.
---
When they came back to the Kingdom of Mirkwood Nethwen Estel was leading the remaining elves.
They were quite a sight, many bloodied and wounded and a few dead.

Nethwen laid Dorion on the soft forest floor and a few seconds later a maiden rushed down and threw her arms around him, weeping loudly.

"Ai! My son, my son! Why did you leave me?" She cried.
Nethwen put a hand on her shoulder.
"My lady, he fought bravely, I was honored to fight beside him. He was so brave for one as young as he. Be proud of what he has done." Nethwen said.

Then she walked over to Bainion, she was very concerned.
"Take all the wounded to the healers immediately, but be sure that Bainion gets seen to by the best healer. The rest of you bury the dead." Nethwen ordered.

The elves nodded and some took the wounded and the others took the dead.
Nethwen followed the elves that were carrying Bainion, Nethwen knew she would have to speak with Mirelwen.

Once Bainion was being tended to she walked down the hall. She saw Legolas first and asked him where Mirelwen was.
Once she was told she walked down.

"Mirelwen, I have bad news." She began. "Well, not all the news is bad, for though we did not defeat the spiders entirely we gave them something to be afraid of." Nethwen said.

Then she took in the breath. "Bainion was badly wounded. I think he took a large amount of poison, I lead the entire group left back and now he is being tended to by the best healer. We only lost a few elves." Nethwen said.

She could see that Mirelwen wanted to see Bainion immediately.
"No Mirelwen, wait for the healer to finish." Nethwen said, but Mirelwen would not listen.

"Fine, I will take you to him. Come." she said. Then Nethwen led her down to the healing hall and opened the door.
The room was filled with wounded from the battle. Some had already succumbed to the poison, but a few were still fighting.

"He lies there. I shall stay here and help with the wounded, if you need me." Nethwen said.
Then she turned and began helping around with the wounded. Nethwen was not a skilled healer, but she could heal if there was need. And now more than ever she wanted to use her skills.

A young healer approached her with herbs. "Here my lady." She said.
Nethwen took them and began to work on a wounded maiden. The healer still stood by her and watched.

"You were the captain of the army, weren't you?" She said.
Nethwen shook her head. "No, I finished what the captain started. The true captain lies over there." Nethwen said as she looked over at Bainion.

The elf looked, then knew it was time for her to help with the others.
Nethwen sighed and began to wrap the maiden's wound.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2007 02:19
As the fighting had raged, Mirelwen had come out of her nightmares. She was vaugely aware of things around her and felt incredibly weak. This angered her more than anything she had been through in her life. Then when Nethwen came in to talk to her and told her what happened, she would not be swayed. She leaned on Nethwen heavily but her slight weight hindered her little.

She was weak but she refused to be left in the room while Bainion was wounded. Her feelings suprised her but shook them away, she knew she had been fighting them. A chair was by his bed and she sat in it, or rather collapsed in it, her legs giving out. She uttered a colourful curse not so quietly and one of the healers gasped and looked at her dissaprovingly. She idd not think it was the proper language for a lady. Mirelwen smiled ruefully.

"My lady, once you have been through battle as me and lost as much, I think you would realize that you care not what slips from your lips any longer. My father thinks not of my language, he only wishes I did not use it around noble lords and ladies," she said dryly, giving the healer a humorless smile. She left her and went off, muttering about her language still.

"Ai Bainion, it appears that we both got the worst, only I was paralyzed, you have been poisoned it seems. Please get well, I cannot afford to lose you meleth nin. You had better not think of leaving me Bainion or so help me if I ever die and make it into the Halls of Mandos your life there will be miserable. Im meleth lle," she whispered to him softly.

She gently brushed the hair back from his face and settled back in the chair. Her eyes held exhaustion but other than that she seemed alright, but then seeming is different than being she told herself. Malanor came up to her, looking curiously.

"Mirelwen, if you wish I could take you to your room to rest. You will most likely need it after that stunt you pulled today," he remarked. Her eyes sparked with defiance.

"No, I am not leaving his side until he wakens. I am sorry, but if you want me to move you will have to take me chair and all to my room. I am too tired to fight you but I refuse to leave here. I am too weary, no I will simply rest here," she said softly, barely uttering the words before her eyes had glazed with sleep.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 03:10
Bainion’s mind was a blur of nightmarish images. He was surrounded by shadows and shrieking, gruesome demons with faces that were horrifying to look upon. They were like those of the elves he had known, but twisted and distorted almost beyond recognition. When two of the monsters grabbed hold of him, he cried out and tried to struggle free, but it was no use. He was held fast and carried along he knew not where, as the faces of his captors leered down at him. After a while he felt some measure of his strength return, and struggled with even more vigour, but the beasts who had him only gripped him that much tighter.

After some time, he was dumped down on what felt like the ground, but it felt strangely soft. Another of the creatures leaned over him, and spoke in a tongue he could not follow. He struck out with his fist, and the creature recoiled in pain, but its companions grasped him by the shoulders and held him down.

Suddenly, another figure appeared before him, and a voice he recognised at last. Mirlewen stood before him, shining with a dazzling, white light. Yet the light did not hurt his eyes to look upon it. The figure spoke to him, and the sound was like the gentlest spring rain, sweeter than the most beautiful music on earth to his ears. “Please get well, I cannot afford to lose you meleth nin.” it said. Bainion reached out a hand imploringly to her. “Mirlewen… help me… please…” he managed to gasp, before he was once more overcome and fell into unconsciousness.

(The “demons” are supposed to be the other elves, and the one he laid out was the healer. I figure the poison has made him see his friends as enemies, except for Mirlewen, whom he loves too much for the poison to make him see differently)

[Edited on 5/7/2007 by IthilionofMirkwood]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 05:51
The healer who had been helping Bainion cried out as his fist connected with the healer's nose.
Nethwen held back a chuckle and went to see if she could help any.

"Just hold him down and let me do what I must." The healer growled.
Nethwen covered a smile. The healer glared at her and touched the blood that was coming from his nose.

"Ai! Why must this happen to me?" He hissed. He wiped the blood away and began working to help Bainion again.
Nethwen could see plainly that Bainion was seeing things, but Mirelwen made him feel safe.

Nethwen felt such pain in her heart for her two friends. Both had been poisoned badly. Then Nethwen gasped as she remembered she had also been stung, not as badly, but still.

Nethwen pulled off her left boot and rolled up her pants. There it was. A large red mark and some skin was beginning to peel.
Nethwen hissed when she felt a sudden stinging pain.
She went and sat down and called for one of the healers.

"Could you please clean and wrap this wound. It was slightly infected with poison." Nethwen said.
But the healer was alarmed when she saw her wound.

"My lady, this is not a simple wound. You act like it is a light matter, but it could make you ill, I daresay." The healer said.

Nethwen rolled her eyes. It was not half that bad. The healer was probably trying to frighten her.
"Go on, do what you must." She urged.

The healer gently used some herbs and different salves and then wrapped her leg.
"You had best keep an eye on it. If it worstens come to me." The healer ordered.

Nethwen nodded then put her boot back on and walked over to Mirelwen.
"Mellon nin, do you need anything? Would you like a drink or anything? I will bring it to you." Nethwen said. She wanted her friend to keep her strength up.

The healers were still bustling around, the main healer was moving from Bainion's random blows. He still looked intense and that worried Nethwen. He had to survive, that was it.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 10:09
Mirelwen smiled faintly at Nethwen, her sleep had not lasted long at all with the bustle in the healnig rooms. "No mellon nin, I require nothing at the moment other than the assurance that he will live. That cannot be given unfortunately so no, I do not need anything, well, perhaps a glass of wine if you can persuade Legolas and Thranduil to allow me to have it. I have a feeling both would protest," she said softly, smiling at Nethwen.

Malanor came over briefly, checking Bainion's wounds and administering more of the herbal paste he had made. "Oh yes, I know for a fact that Legolas asked Thranduil to separate you kindly from the wine in the halls. I remember him bringing up the incident last year with the hart and the arrow?," he asked.

Mirelwen blanched and closed her eyes, nodding to him. "I understand, but Malanor, that was last year. And I am so shaky at the moment I do not think one glass would hurt. Besides, it is not like I am gonig anywhere at the moment, I think you and Legolas would tie me to my bed and render me unconscious," she said lightly.

"Ai, you are probably right. Very well, one glass of wine for the shaken lady coming up," he grinned wryly. He looked over to Nethwen and smiled.

"Would you like to to get it or I can. You can keep her company in my absence. I am a healer, but i can get away from here pretty quickly. How else would I be albe to spirit away friends who became injured doing things they were specifically told not to," he said with a grin.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 05, 2007 10:20
Nethwen returned the smile. "I shall get it, if you like. I have nothing better to do that moment." Nethwen said.
And she wanted the healers to stay here, where they were most needed.

Nethwen made her way down the halls. She soon came to the wine halls and took a glass and filled it.
When she returned to the room she gave it to Mirelwen.
"Here my friend." she said.

Then she looked around, feeling useless. Suddenly the young maiden healer rushed up to her again.
"My lady, one of the warriors is on the brink of death but he asks to see his wife. Her name is Elawen, can you find her?" The healer asked.

Nethwen nodded and rushed out of the healing room again.
She asked elves if they had seen her and told them to send the message along if they did see her.

Eventually she was found. She looked very pale and frightened.
Nethwen looked serious. "Come, you must see him." She said.
Elawen followed behind. She was shaking and her eyes were wide with fear. Tears rolled down her cheeks.

When they came to the hall she rushed to his bed and held his hands.
"Don't leave me, meleth nin." She begged.
He opened his eyes. "Ai! My love, my Elawen! My strength gives out, but I wanted to know you were close." He whispered.

"Ciryan, don't go. You know I can't live without you." Elawen whispered. Tears streamed down her face.
"Elawen, stay strong. Please be brave." He whispered.
Then his body went limp and he passed away.

Elawen's body was suddenly wracked with sobs. She felt as if her heart had been torn out.
Nethwen put her hand on Elawen's shoulder.
"He was a strong fighter, Elawen. He has died honorably." Nethwen said, though her words felt feeble.

Elawen gripped onto him, refusing to let him go.
"I want to die with him! Do not take him from me!" Elawen screamed.
Nethwen and a few other healers gently pried her away from her dead lover.

Eventually Elawen stopped struggling and fell to the ground as one stricken.
"Take her to her room and make sure someone keeps an eye on her." Nethwen ordered.

An elf stepped forward and lifted her small form and carried her out of the room.
Nethwen sighed. There was so much death. And then her friend lay dying as well, only she hoped he would stay strong and live.

"Please Bainion, it's all too much for me to lose another friend." She whispered.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 02:41
Mirelwen sipped on her wine, looking around carefully. Legolas walked up to her, concern written on his face. 'Mirelwen, my friend, you must get some rest in your own room. Come on, I will walk you to it," he said, taknig her arm in his good hand.

She shook him off lightly, looking at him with grim determination and sadness. "No, I am staying here by his side, I am not leaving yet another of my friends to give into my own needs, I have done that too much only to lose them in the process. Besides, you know that Bainion means more to me," she whispered fiercely.

He nodded, sitting by her. It was a good thing that Bainion's bed was in the furthest corner of the healing hall, so they could sit out of the way. Legolas sat by her and waited her out.

"Legolas, you know this, I can sense you know. There is somethnig special, it calls to me. I know it sounds odd but trust me," she said softly.

His face depicted understanding.

"I know melon nin, but know this as well, he has a reputation around here and if he lives up to that reputation I doubt he will live to see few days after such an event. You know that if he did anythnig to hurt you as he has other maidens, Elladan, Elrohir and I would hunt him down personally," he said seriously. She grimaced and nodded.

"Yes, I know you would, and I do not know if that is supposed to comfort me of frighten me," she said teasingly, causing him to grin. She hugged him and smiled, then returned to her watching, looking for any signs of change in Bainion.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2007 02:51
Nethwen overheard the conversation between her cousin and her best friend. She walked over and stood beside them.
"I knew him then Legolas, he hurt me a long time ago. I never forgot it and when I saw him here I was so angry, I still hated him. And when I saw that he seemed to love Mirelwen and Mirelwen also loved him, I was cautious, and I warned him many times to watch himself." Nethwen paused, she felt a tear in her eye.

"And now he is one of my friends, I have forgiven him. I can see his change. There is no lust in his eyes, just a sweet, compassionate love for Mirelwen. And when he led me and all those elves to a battle to destroy the spiders, I thought I was looking upon a different elf." Nethwen said as she remembered what had happened just a few hours before.

"He is a good elf, strong warrior. And I can finally call him a friend." Nethwen said.
Then she turned and walked away, weariness finally came upon her. She needed to rest in her own chambers.

As soon as she laid down on her bed she fell into sleep. She dreamed of Lindar, which was odd for she had not dreamed about him for a long time. And the dream made her remember how much she missed him.

But then she knew she had done him a favor. She had fought with him in her heart, she had fought to avenge those who had lost their lives as he had. And she smiled in her dreams.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 10:27
Bainion seemed to sleep quietly for many hours, and eventually Mirlewen dozed off herself. Suddenly, Bainion stirred faintly and, reaching out, he took Mirlewen’s hand weakly in his own. She started awake, and then cried aloud for joy when she saw he was awake. She stood and embraced him, weeping with happiness, and then pulling back when he cried out in pain from his shoulder, which was still extraordinarily painful. Bainion was almost too weak to speak, but he managed to whisper a few words. “Mirlewen… you saved me. You drove away the demons. Hannon le… meleth nin.” (Thankyou… my love). He closed his eyes and it seemed to her that he had fallen asleep again, but after some time he spoke again. “Where am I? And what were those beasts that tried to take me away?” he shuddered at the very memory of the creatures.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 10:44
Mirelwen looked at him when he spoke, her face one of shock and suprise. She sat down by him, careful not to move him because of his shoulder. She smiled and held his hand with hers, the other smoothing some hair from his face.

"Ai, you are in the healing halls after taknig a nasty bite. I told you to stay safe, I told I could not lose you as well. And those were no demons, those were the healers. How did I save you, I was in here as well, only I did not get poisoned, I was blessed enough to be paralyzed and wrapped in a web almost completely before Malanor could get to me. Not pleasant for one who has been frightened of spiders their entire life,' she said ruefully.

"Come now Bainion, you still need to rest. Go back to sleep and rest yourself, the battle was long from what I heard. I will be here when you wake again, or in my room sleeping, I am tired as well. Rest, and be well,' she said softly.

She leaned forward and gently kissed his cheek, then sat back in the chair again. Legolas smiled and got up, maknig an excuse for leaving. He had made his way to the door before one of the healers caught him and tried to check his broken arm.

"Oh no, I am fine. There are others in here who need more help than I. Besides, I think I hear father calling me. Important princely duties I assume," he said quickly before slipping from the healer's grasp and running out, laughing as he went.

Mirelwen shook her head, smiling as she remembered doing something along the lines in Imladris before she left for Mirkwood. The thought of home made her throat tighten uncomfortably and she blinked back tears, thinking of her father and friends there. She let out a shaky sigh.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 07, 2007 02:47
Nethwen woke with the dawn. She felt strong again, though her leg ached from being poisoned yesterday.
Then she wondered about the healer's words, but surely it was not all that serious.

She stood and dressed into a long, silvery gown. She put on her simple, silver necklace around her neck.
Then she walked out, hoping her friends were alright.

She wandered down the hall, feeling hungry and hoping to see her friends there.
When she came in she saw neither of her friends, and figured they were still resting.

Nethwen ate alone, thinking about the lives lost the day before. When would this end? Or was it just the beginning?
Nethwen shuddered. War was a terrible thing and she hated it, so what would happen in the years to come?
If war did arise she could escape to the West and reside in happiness, but she was a strong warrior now, she could help if war came upon their people.

Nethwen sighed, this was no time to think about it. She felt like she would get a headache or something.

Once she had finished eating she went to the library, her favorite place to be. She would sit there and imagine Lindar was standing in the door way, or speaking with her, and it comforted Nethwen.

"Ai, I have lost so much in these past few days, and now my friends are wounded. But at least I fought for you and won, Lindar. I did not fail you." Nethwen said.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 10:50
Bainion smiled weakly at Mirlewen's words. "Oh dear. You shall have to point out the one I punched to me. I should like to apologise to him, or her, whichever it was. I hope I did them no serious harm. But you are right, I am very tired. I should like to sleep for a while, if you don't mind." Almost before he had finished speaking, his breathing lengthened, his eyes began to droop, and he sank into a deep, untroubled sleep.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 11:59
Mirelwen smiled when Bainion spoke to her again. "Do not trouble yourself I will point out the healer with Nethwen's help. Rest and be well love," she said quietly, watching as sleep claimed him once again.

She got up and walked toward the door, pulling Malanor to the side. "Mellon, if he wakes, come and get me please? I am going to go in my room to rest," she said. He smiled and nodded.

"What is this, is the lady admitting to fatigue? After all these years? Amazing, you should have found Bainion long ago mellon, he would have saved us from many misfortunate events. Very well, I will let you know when he first wakes, you sleep," he said, pushing her out.

She laughed softly and put her hadns up, signaling peace and walked down the corridor toward her room. She passed the library and saw Nethwen. Mirelwen had to walk with a crutch for a few weeks, the healers would not allow it otherwise. She sat down beside her and sighed quietly, shuttig her eyes briefly.

"I thought you may wish to know that he woke and spoke with me for a small amount of time. He also wishes for someone to point out the healer he hit, he wishes to apologize. I am going to my room to rest, my fatigue has caught up with me," she said ruefully, smiling slightly.

Mirelwen got up with some help from her crutch and walked out toward her room. She made it in and shut the door, crossing the room to her bed. She collapsed on it and fell asleep, her dreams while not pleasant but not entirely nightmares.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2007 01:12
Nethwen smiled and nodded at Mirelwen. She rose to her feet once Mirelwen had left and went to the healing hall.
When she walked in she noticed one healer that sat down with a piece of cloth against his nose.

She chuckled and then saw him sigh and throw the cloth away. He stood and walked over to Nethwen.

"Yes my lady? Have you come here for something?" He asked.
Nethwen smiled. "Well, my friend, Bainion, wants to apologize for punching you." Nethwen said as she gestured towards Bainion.

The healer seemed tense for a moment, but then relaxed.
"There is no need." He said.
"He thinks so, come, you mustn't deny what he wishes." Nethwen said.

The healer finally nodded and they both walked up to Bainion.
Nethwen softly shook his shoulder a little.
"Bainion, I've come with the healer you, um, punched." Nethwen said, holding back a chuckle.

The healer bowed his head. "You are quite forgiven my friend." The healer said kindly. His nose still had a bump and it was becoming brown because of a bruise.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 12, 2007 10:36
Bainion smiled gratefully at the healer. Then he turned his eyes to Mirlewen. “Meleth nin, there is something I have been meaning to ask you for a long while now. But I think, perhaps, it should wait until I am better healed. When the healers have deemed me fit to leave this place, I would ask that you come and see me in my room. What I have to ask can only be asked in private.”

(Does anyone else think a proposal would be out of place for him? I just wanted to show how completely he’s changed since he met Mirlewen, from the cheating, womanising bad guy to a caring, loving individual who is willing to give up his life for the one he loves)
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2007 10:39
(ok. so you're going to do a post in which a week goes by and Bainion starts to feel better, and everyone else gets on with their lives, do I understand correctly?)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2007 10:51
(yup, that's it pretty much.)
BIC:
Mirelwen woke, grumbling slightly as she rolled out of bed uncerimoniously. She went and donned her traditional garb, heading for breakfast. It had been a wekk since the attack and she felt better, albiet a little sore yet. Once she had eaten she went to King Thranduil's office, not pausing to knock as she strode in.

"My lord, I am planning to leave this afternoon for Rivendell. I have tarried long enough I think, and I miss my father, Elladan, Elrohir, and Lord Elrond even. I came asknig if I may have my horse back," she said sheepishly.

Thranduil smiled and stepped forward, embracing her. She started and returned the rare act.

"Off you go then Mirelwen. It has been, interesting this time you came, but when is it not?," he noted.

She smiled and wandered back down the hall to her room. She packed everything up in bags and carried them to the stables. She breathed in deeply, relishing in the forest for a moment. She came to the stables and dropped her burdens, whistlnig softly as she walked. A neigh answered her from the other end in the pasture. She ran rthough, breaknig into a smile.

"Ah, mellon nin, it has been too long. Next time I lend you to Legolas, he is gonig to return you to me at once," she said, patting his neck.

Bruin snorted and looked at her with deep brown eyes. His silver grey coat gleamed. She slung the packs over his shoulders, fastening them and securing the tack she used. When done she rode him back to the gates, heading back inside. She wished to say farwell to her friends before she left.

She found Nethwen and bid her farwell with an embrace and words of parting, then headed for Bainion's room, guessing that was where he would be. She knocked gently on the door, seeing it was open and walked in.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2007 11:31
Nethwen smiled at Mirelwen. "I am returning to Lorien now. I expect you will be returning to Rivendell. May the sun and stars light your way." Nethwen said with a bow.

Then she turned and went to the stables. She threw her saddles bags over Fairshadow's back.
She sighed and looked back at the forest around her. This had been a place where she had changed so much.
She had met new friends, fallen in love, lost much and gained much more.

She remembered the last battle where she had actually led the army for a short time after Bainion and Mirelwen had been wounded.
"That was a trying task. I had never thought myself capable of leading." Nethwen said with a slight smile.

Then she mounted her horse. She whispered to Fairshadow and horse took off at the gallop.
Nethwen couldn't help but shed a few tears after leaving.
She was leaving behind many people she had grown fond of.
And she smiled at thinking of her now good friend Bainion.

Then as she rushed by she stopped Fairshadow.
"Stop my friend." She whispered. Then she looked down at two mounds. One was Lindar's grave and the other belonged to the young lad she had tried to rescue.

"Navaer Lindar, meleth nin." Nethwen whispered.
Then she spurred Fairshadow along again.
---
Nethwen was almost outside of Mirkwood when she saw yet another mound. She halted again and smiled slighty.
This was where she had met Mirelwen for the first time and where she had begun their friendship.

"We will meet again mellon." She whispered.
This time she spurred Fairshadow to a gallop and she wouldn't stop her until nightfall. She was on her way home.

(well, there's my exit.)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 10:39
Mirelwen looked around, slightly disheartened. She did not see him in his room. She sighed and closed the door, then went to the library, searchnig for him. A thought occured to her, and running down the hall, she headed for the gardens. When she reached them she climbed up a tree and sat there for awhile.

It was the tree she and Legolas had sat in when Bainion had first asked to see her. Emotions threatened to overwhelm her and she let out a shaky breath.

"well, I suppose I should try and find him, but I really do not know where to look. I wonder where Bainion could be hiding?," she asked herself softly.

She wrapped her arms around her legs and peered out through the branches, watchnig Elves walk past without even noticing her presence.

She thought she caught sight of Bainion walking but did not wish to give away her place. She closed her eyes and listened to the forest, reveling in it for a moment. She listened to the birds, the wind, and the water flow.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 11:16
Bainion was out walking in the woods, recovering from his injuries of a week before. He was healing swiftly, but was still quite weak.

Suddenly, he thought he spied something in a nearby tree. he went over and looked up, seeing Mirlewen sitting above him.

"Suilad, meleth nin. I have missed you. Would you come down? I have something very important I want toask you." He took a step backward as Mirlewen leapt down, landing elegantly beside him, then steped forward and took her hand in his. "Mirlewen, I have loved you since first I set eyes on you, though even I did not truly realise it at first. Not a day goes by when I do not think of you. That is what makes this so difficult for me. I fear that if you refuse what I am about to ask, my life will lose all meaning. I shall simply say what I have to say, and be done with it. Would you do me the honour of consenting to be my wife?" he stared into her eyes, a mixture of hope and fear registering in his own gaze.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 12:12
Mirelwen looked at Bainion, her eyes wide with uncertain emotions. "Oh Bainion, I, uhm, yes. Yes, yes," she said softly, feeling slightly dizzy. She felt her heart leap into her throat.

"But, I am leaving for Rivendell at the moment. I cannot tarry here, for I have duties in Rivendell I have left long unattended. My father will not be happy when he finds this out either. I left Rivendell without word basically," she said quietly, smilngi sheepishly.

She hugged him and then stepped back, considering him carefully.

"Perhaps you could come visit in Rivendell for a bit? Lord Elrond could watch over your wounds, I could explain al lthat has happened to my father, and we could watch his face when I tell him I ran of and came back engaged," she said, her eyes twinkling with humor.

"My horse Buin is waiting, if you want to come with me, we should leave now most likely, or you could wait for me to return, which could take a few years," she said seriously. She rolled her shoulders, readjusting her quiver. She grabbed his hand and pulled him away from the tree toward the direction if Bruin.

"Come on, you are coming with me to Rivendell, and that is it. No argument, nothing," she said, using her authority as a captain. "And Bruin does not like to wait, neither do I. So, it is settled, you are to come with me, I hope, even if you say no, you are coming, I do hope you realize this. After all, orders are orders, and I am a captain of Rivendell who prefers to be obeyed," she said, smiling at him.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 10:21
Bainion was overjoyed when he heard Mirlewen’s words. He embraced her lovingly. “Thankyou, meleth nin.” Was all he could summon the will to say. Then he laughed as he was pulled by the arm towards Mirlewen’s horse. He managed to break free of her grasp, and stood tall and erect, as though he were parading before a general. He saluted smartly, a smile crossing his lips. “As you command, captain.” He said teasingly “but might a humble soldier be permitted to gather his belongings before we move out? I think, perhaps, that I ought to change as well. If the Lord Elrond is to forgive you for becoming engaged without his permission, I sense your future husband should try to make as good an impression as possible. ”

Mirlewen nodded, smiling, and Bainion trotted back to his room as fast as he was able. He put some clothes into a satchel, as well as a few wafers of Lembas, some fruit and a few pieces of dried meat for the journey. Then he turned to attend to his appearance. He changed out of his white tunic, putting on a pair of grey hose and a clean, bright blue tunic. Over this, he placed his mail coat, wincing as his shoulder protested at the weight. He strapped his sword at his side, and pulled on his best pair of boots. Last of all, he took from a cupboard a travelling cloak of dark blue cloth, which he strapped about his shoulders with a small, silver brooch. As he was turning to go, he noticed something on the table near his bed. It was the heart-stone Mirlewen had found in the garden, and given to him. Smiling, Bainion picked it up and put it in his bag. He went out of the hall and back to the stables, where Mirlewen was already mounted. Bainion leapt onto the horses back behind her, wrapping his arms about her waist. “Let us be off, Meleth nin. I am sure Lord Elrond, Eladan and Elrohir will be anxious to have you home again.” he chuckled. With that, Mirlewen spurred her horse on, and it leapt forward, carrying Bainion swiftly away from his homeland, on towards only the Valar truly knew what. But Bainion knew that whatever happened, he would be beside Mirlewen forever.

(Aaand that’s all folks! Bainion has left the roleplay!)
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email