Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: How did it come to this?
on: May 03, 2007 10:00
after Mirlewen had left him, Bainion had wondered the gardens for some time, and then, realizing the time, had returned to the palace before the main gate was closed for the night. he was rather startled when, mere moments after his arrival, a soaking wet and bedraggled Mirlewen came crashing in through the door and collided with the opposite wall. he winced slightly and rushed over to help her up "are you alright my friend?"

(notice the significance of the word "friend" here - until now it's just been "my lady")
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2007 10:16
Nethwen had been sitting in her room for some time. She had a book to occupy her for a while, but soon her mind wandered.
She walked out on her balcony and looked at the young elves practicing their skills, she smiled when she saw Lindar walk out and help a young elf put his arrow on the string right.

Then Nethwen heard a loud sound. She turned away from the balcony and walked over to her door and stepped out of her room. She gasped when she saw Mirelwen on the ground.

Nethwen raced over and knelt beside her. "What happened Mirelwen?" Nethwen asked, when Mirelwen explained Nethwen covered her smile with her long hand and tried to keep herself from giggling. The story was rather funny, Mirelwen had run into a wall.

"I-I am sure you will be alright if we get you to your room." Nethwen said, stuttering a little because she was trying to not laugh.
Nethwen took one arm while Bainion took the other and helped Mirelwen to her feet.

A giggle escaped Nethwen's lips and then she felt bad.
"I'm sorry Mirelwen, but your story is humorous." Nethwen said, she did not cover her smile now.

Nethwen put her arm around Mirelwen's shoulders.
"Let's get you to your room and get you dry." Nethwen said, then she walked Mirelwen down the hall to her room.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 03, 2007 02:27
Mirelwen looked at the two and glared at Nethwen, but began laughing herself. "Ai, yes tis all the more funny being the fact that I have done it before. This is not the first time. I will dry later, I need to speak with Thranduil about something of importance," she said.

Legolas walked around the corner, bursting with laughter whe nhe saw her, he knew what had happened. "Ah, Mirelwen, I thought for sure you would learn to quit trying to tear down my father's halls, they are stone you know. And I already spoke to him, you are not going to deliver the messages, he wants you here, under his command, as if that shall keep you out of trouble," he added with a smile.

She glared at him and shooed him away. Mirelwen stood and looked at Bainion. "And to answer your question, I am fine, no harm done. It's not the first time for this to happen I am afraid," she jested.

She laughed again and walked to her room, drying herself off and putting some dry clothes on. She walked back out to Nethwen and Bainion, sitting down in the floor, motioning for them to do the same.

"Now, we need to discuss something, what are we to do about these orc attacks? I know none have happen here of late, but we need to prepare. I was wondering if the two of you would like to join either Legolas' or my troop of Elves here. I would like to fight with friends if it comes to that," she said softly, her humor gone.

Seriousness flooded from her, her ice blue eyes peircing ther gaze in turn. She propped her chin against her hand, then sighed and continued.

"I am not taking the messages to Elrond, which need to be delivered. The King is having someone else do so, for he wants me to stay here, under his command. I am here not on visiting terms, but rather to live under King Thranduil in his household, and to fight as a captain of his army here, for that was the agreement of my father, Lord Elrond, and himself," she explained the reason of her presence at Mirkwood.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 02:49
Bainion blanched lightly at Mirlewen's invitation, but then he saw his chance. if he were to fight with Mirlewen, he would be able to come and see her any time he cared to. "i am flattered that you consider me so trustworthy, good lady, but i am afraid i am no warrior. i hold a sword with all the elegance of a drunken Dwarf, which" he added smugly "is essentially any dwarf you care to mention, and as you saw earlier, i lack the courage to take up arms. but, if you are to go out and fight, then i will gladly stand by your side, though my incompetence bring death and capture upon us both."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 09:07
"Think nothing of it, Bainion, it was just an invitation. I shall not be fighting for many years hopefully, but it is good to be prepared prior to such events. I am tired from the training today, the young Elves were quite unprepared, and Morgaur was very rude. He apparently thought maidens could not fight, and were good for one thing. I quickly set him straight, and he was taken to the healing rooms," she said coolly.

She had not punched the Elf until he had pushed her. THat had set her off, and his constant badgerings with words, he was lucky to walk away unaided. SHe told them of wehat he had done and what had happened to him.

"Morgaur said some things, he pushed me, and I bit back so to speak. He is now in one of the healing rooms, recovering. Thranduil spoke to me about that, and I am suspended for awhile from fighting, but that is all. No true harm was done," she said matter of factly.

She then looked at Bainion.

"I shall be in the library, the smal lroom off of the main one if you wish to talk tomorrow.. I have work to do, paperwork and I have letters I must write, as well as messages for King Thranduil. My punishment for three days," she added sourly. She then turned to gaze to Nethwen.

"My friend, tomorrow evening if you wish, Legolas and Lindar are taking me out to their practice range they have, since they are accomplished warriors, they made their own. If you wish to come along, you can. I am sure we all will appriciate the company and you as well may come Bainion," she said to them. Her eyes were filled with weariness.

"I must go and get a headstart on the work I am to do, let me know what you wish to do," she called over her shoulder.

SHe limped slightly where her ankle had hit the wall first, but other than that she was fine. Mirelwen reached the library and went to the small room off to the right of the large, book filled area.

She sat at the desk and began writing the letters and messages for the King, as well as a speech to be said that night at the rest of the festivities. The fire flickered and cast the room in light, the only sound was her quill scratching across the papers.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2007 10:44
Nethwen listened to what Mirelwen had to say. She was torn between going with her cousin or going with her good friend.
"I will go with you Mirelwen. I think Legolas can take care of himself." Nethwen said with a smirk.

Nethwen smiled a little when she heard that Mirelwen had punched an elf, she loved Mirelwen's attitude. Nethwen was strong and determind, but she had not the courage to punch another elf, she would use her verbal power if it came to that.

Nethwen smiled, she would love to practice with Lindar and Legolas and Mirelwen.
"I would love to join you Mirelwen. I have not had much practice lately." Nethwen admitted.

After they had spoken Nethwen stood and left the room, she would make sure her things would be ready for the practice.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2007 07:05
Mirelwne sat back in her chair, blanching. The table she sat at was covered in papers, ink spots, wadded papers, books, and pens. She got up, walking out to Thranduil's room with a stack of papers in her arms. She wandered down the halls, then sae the kitchen.

She got a twinkle in her eyes and her face lit up with a smile, although somewhat mischervious, the papers still in hand. She went to the throne room, placing the papers where the King would see them ,then went back to the kitchen. When done ,she went back into the small room in the library.

She heard someone approachnig her and she cursed, then took off in a flat out run. She heard someone call her name, but hurried into the room, acting as if she had been working the whole time. She let out a breath of air, sagging in the chair.

"That was too close for comfort," she murmured to herself.

"What, pray tell my lady, was too close for comfort?," Thranduil asked, looking at her. Mirelwen jumped and stood, bowing to him.

"N-nothing my lord, the fact that I nearly did not get the papaers you asked for to the throne room for you," she replied hurriedly. He eyed her, his gaze wary and face set. He did not like her tone, nor the way she looked at the moment.

"And what is that on your shirt?," he asked her, nodding to the stain on her shirt. Mirelwen looked down and visibly paled. There was blood on her shirt front.

"Oh, I-I cut myself a piece of bread, must have nicked myself and wiped it on my shirt," she replied coolly, showing him her cut finger. He nodded, feeling somewhat better. He leaned in toward her, staring her in the eye.

"Mirelwen, so help me, if one thing goes awry this evening, Ishal lhave you, Legolas, Ornion, and Malanor put in the dungeons until the next evening, understood?," he asked in a whisper. She nodded in agreement with him.

"Very well my king, then I must get back to work," she said softly. He nodded,then stepped back, leaving out the door. Mirelwen gulped and collapsed in the library floor, her back to a bookcase. She did not see someone enter the room and kneel beside her.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 04:51
Bainion entered the library just as Thranduil was leaving it. he bowed deeply to the king as he passed, but then saw Mirlewen sitting against a bookcase, looking pale and distraught. he rushed over and knelt beside her. "lady Mirlewen! what has happened? are you alright? i passed king Thranduil in the hall, and he seemed mightily put out by something." here he glanced down and saw the blood on her tunic "but what is this? you are bleeding! did his highness hurt you? come. we must get you cleaned up - you are pale as a ghost!" without waiting for a reply, he took Mirlewen's hand, lifted her to her feet, and took her back to his room, where he seated her in a comfortable chair by the hearth. "if the King asks what happened to you, i will simply say that you were too tired to contilue your work, an dexplain that i have taken care of you. he may not like it, but what good are you to him, half-dead from exhaustion? come. i wiill fetch you something to eat, and then you must rest. you can continue the punishment the king has set for you later."

(ooc. we'll have to talk about how far you want this to go at some point, elfalas. i'm quite prepared to go "all the way" so to speak, but you might want to stop at unwanted physical contact, inappropriate comments andd so on. of course, it's a PG13 site, so i can't have him do anything too bad, but i could try to work some fairly heavy implications into it at some point in the near future if you don't mind. please PM me with any ideas you might have)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 07:22
Nethwen walked down to the library, she decided that reading would do some good for her. She heard a concerned voice in the library and in a moment someone rushed out, nearly running into Nethwen.

Nethwen jumped back and looked at the retreating elves.
"Mirelwen? Bainion?" Nethwen whispered, she hoped nothing was wrong.

Nethwen felt the urge to go after her, but was suddenly stopped by another voice.
"I think you should leave her alone. I said before that she could take care of herself." Lindar said, he was leaning in the doorway of the library.

Nethwen turned around, an sheepish smile on her face.
"I just thought something might be wrong." Nethwen said.
Lindar smiled. "Would you like to take a walk with me my lady? To get your mind off your friends." Lindar suggested.

Nethwen felt a little upset, she didn't want to get her mind off Mirelwen, she wanted to protect her.
"No thank you Lindar. I came here to read some books." Nethwen said, she pushed passed him.

Lindar was surprised. "Did I offend you my lady?" He asked.
Nethwen glared at him. "Maybe." She said.
Lindar was confused by this. "Nethwen, I just thought it would be nice to go for a walk. It is foolish to think that you can protect Mirelwen from the world." Lindar said.

This mad Nethwen even more angry. "Foolish! You think it is foolish to care what happens to a friend!" Nethwen exploded.
Lindar was taken back by this, but he could hold his own as well.
"Lady Nethwen, everyone cares for their friends but you cannot always protect them. They have lives of their own." Lindar said, remaining calm.

Nethwen stood tall. "I think it would be best if you found company with someone else Lindar." She said, then she sat down on a wooden chair that was in front of a table that had some books piled on it.

Lindar threw his hands in the air then walked off.
Nethwen watched him leave out of the corner of her eye, then she took a book and started to read it, even though her mind wandered back to their conversation.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2007 01:07
Mirelwen looked taken aback by Bainion's concern, but she allowed him to help her, too tired to try and argue.

"Oh, tis nothing. It is from a butchered hart from the kitchen, and I was nearly caught in the kitdhen, then the King caught me in here, with the blood on me. I had to do something other than paperwork, so I took the liberty of preparing one of the beasts to be eaten this evening," she offered as explanation.

Mirelwen shut her eyes, rubbing her hand over her face. She was terribly tired, she had not slept in many nights. SHe opened one eye warily.

"I will rest, but I refuse to eat anything. I ate enough last night as it was," she said softly. "I did not cut myself, it's not my blood. The blood is of the hart that I prepared, which sits now in the kitchen, awaiting further attention," she siad quietly, her voice barely above a whisper.

She sank back in the chair, staring in the fire, her ice blue eyes glittering with the light. SHe looked very wary and tired suddenly, as she stood. She looked over at Bainion.

"Thank you for your kindness, but I stil lhave work to do, and I can go a bit longer without sleep. Besides, I must put things away and straighten the room of my mess," she said laughingly, but her eyes did not hold the same mirth.

Truth be told she was tired to the bone, but she did not want to leave the small room. She knew that Thranduil would get her if she came out too early, blaming her for Legolas' prank he had set up in the kitchen.

That was why she had run, she did not wish to be caught with someone else's work. She told him this and sat back down, not leaving yet. She sighed heavily and watched him closely, not allowing her to shut her eyes. She still did not trust him completely, but she felt that way about most.

"Ai, I am so tired, I think I shall go to try and sleep a few moments in my own bed. It will be good to rest and sleep in a bed for the first time in a long while. Until now, it has been forest floors, horses, and trees. We can talk later, if this is alright with you of course," she said, her eyes closed. She opened one and looked at him, waiting for a reaction and answer.
(I'm getting ready to pm you now Ithilion.)

[Edited on 7/5/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 05:25
Bainion came over from the door, which he had closed when they came in. "are you sure i cannot interest you in a glass of wine before you go? it's a very good vintage, though rather strong for my liking. here. i have a glass ready poured for you"
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 09:08
Mirelwen looked at him, unsure, but took the glass thankfully. "I appriciate it, for I did not get but a sip of mine the other evening. I am worried about the forest and what is to happen. I have been in many battles and the recent events scream warnings of the battles to come, not only for the wood, but for all of the Land as well," she said softly, her eyes not watching anything in particular.

She shook her head, claering her thoughts. She then looked down at her hands and her tunic, seeing the blood.

"Ai, I need to go and change into something else, I am a mess," She remarked mirthfully. Mirelwen stood but wavered ever so slightly. She righted herself and walked to the door, looking back at Bainion.

"I will be in my room, the library, or the main hall. Come and find me if you wish to speak more," she said quietly, then disappeared out into the corridor. She hurried to her room, putting on her sheer light blue dress.

She then put the silver robe on and walekd out, heading for the healing rooms. She talked with Ornion for a bit, then went to her room. She took out her sword, knives,dagger, and throwing knife set. SHe sharpened all and looked for nicks. She then inspected her arrows, maknig sure each was straight and the fletchings even.

When done, she picked up the book she had taken earlier,reading by the fire. It was the story of Gondolin, and she felt sad when reading it. Her senses were lost to al lelse in the world except the pages in front of her.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2007 02:09
Nethwen sat and read for a long time, then she began to feel bad that she had shouted at Lindar the way she had.
Nethwen decided it was a good idea to make up, she wanted to be his friend.

As she walked down the hall looking for him she heard voices and stopped, one of the voices belonged to Lindar. Lindar and his friend were both speaking quietly in Elvish.

"He was u nad an enni. Fael a gwend." Lindar said to the other elf.

This hurt Nethwen deeply, but she didn't know why. She didn't like him, not anymore. Nethwen turned and stormed down the hall to her room.

Lindar turned and saw Nethwen leaving. "Oh no." He whispered. The other elf looked curious. "Why do you regret what you said? You said she was nothing." The other elf asked.
"You're right." Lindar sighed. He felt pretty stupid.

Nethwen didn't stop until she came to her room. She sat down on her bed and glared at the wall. In her mind insults and angry curses sped through her mind.
"This is what happens when you care about someone, when you almost fall in love. How many times do I have to tell myself that I can't fall in love? I hate Lindar." Nethwen said angrily.

She sat there for almost an hour, thinking of things to make Lindar feel bad, but she didn't want to do anything she thought of.
"Maybe I should talk with Mirelwen. I need to check up on her anyway." Nethwen decided.

Nethwen walked through the hall until she came to Mirelwen's room, she knocked on the door then walked in.
"Suilad Mirelwen. How are you doing? I just came to speak with you." Nethwen said.

She sat down, but then decided against telling Mirelwen her problems, Mirelwen surely had problems of her own that she had not yet told. She just smiled and talked about her day, even though she could tell that Mirelwen knew she was hiding something.

Translations-He was u nad enni. Fael a gwend.
She was no thing to me. Just a maiden.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 07:02
Mirelwen talked with Nethwen and listened intently to her. SHe noticed that Nethwen was hiding something and she finally sighed heavily and stared her right in the eye, her ice blue eyes unmoving.

"Ai NEthwen! You are having troubles. Instead of hiding them as a greedy dwarf hoardes his treasure, twell me what is bothering you!," she said, an air of annoyance in her words though her eyes held a teasing light in them. SHe listened to Nethwen talk to her about it and Mirelwen clenched her hands into fists.

"Well, mellon nin, would you like for me to talk with him for you? I need to look for someone myself at the moment. Tell Lindar that he needs to watch his tongue around my friends, I take not kindly to that type of behaviour toward my friends. He will remember then from here on out to be kinder and more considerate for other's feelings," she said coldly, her eyes hard.

She was angry that Lindar had said something such as that, and to one of her friends which made it worse. She stood, walking to the door.

"Nethwen, I have some latters to attend to. If you need anyone else to talk with, I am sure that either Legolas or Ornion would be more than glad to listen. Come to think of it, I am sure Malanor would help as well," she offered. Mirelwen hurried out of the room, her light blue sheer dress billowing out. She walked to Bainion's room, wishing to talk with him. She entered and sat beside him, looking over at him.

"Bainion, I need to talk with you about something important," she said to him softly. Her eyes held confusion. She felt turmoil inside her, for she felt strangely attracted to him, yet she also felt uneasy when around him, which made her uncomfortable.

"I, I wish to talk to you about, you, and myself, and what these feelings are I feel all the time and why I feel this way. Perhaps you can help me, somehow," she said quietly, her eyes filled with confusion and hesitiation.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2007 08:14
Nethwen smiled at her friend. "Hannon le." She said as Mirelwen left.
Nethwen walked out of the room, she would speak to Lindar herself.

As Nethwen turned a corner she bumped into Lindar and almost fell, but he caught her wrist and helped her back up.
Nethwen glared at him. Lindar stared nervously at the ground.
"I know that you heard what I said about you, and I'm sorry." Lindar said.

Nethwen glared. "You can't be very sorry, you announced that I was nothing to your friend." Nethwen said angrily.
"Brother actually. But really I am sorry." Lindar said. He did sound sincere.

Nethwen thought about this for a moment, then she slowly nodded her head. "Alright, I'll forgive you this time." Nethwen said with a smile.
Lindar smiled as well.

Then he extended her arm to her and she took it.
"Would you like to go for a walk outside my lady?" Lindar asked.
Nethwen smiled and nodded. She was glad they had made up.
"I really should know better than to call fair maidens such as yourself nothing. You are most beautiful Nethwen Estel." Lindar said. Then he leaned towards her and kissed her cheek.

Nethwen gasped and took a step back. Lindar stood up straight and looked worried. "Did I upset you again?" He asked.
Nethwen smiled a little and took his arm again.
"No, I'm fine." Nethwen said. Lindar smiled and led her outside.

(I thought that if Nethwen was preoccupied she would leave Mirelwen alone, otherwise she would probably be trying to find out what they were doing)
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 10, 2007 09:22
Mirelwen looked at Bainion, unsure if she had upset him or not with her question. She got up and walked around the room, her arms wrapped around herself. She spotted her glass of wine and took a sip of it, allowing it to relax her. She sat back down, facing him. Her eyes held sadness and unshed tears waited to fall, but she did not aloow them to do so. Mirelwen sat back, her eyes sqeezing shut, trying to stop the tears.

But she could not, and the silver teardrops slid down her cheeks. She put her face in her hands and wept silently, her body trembling from the sobs that wracked her body. Her whole body was fileld with sadnes and hopelessness, the feelings consumed her day and night.

No rest nor comfort could she find, not even in her closest friends. And then here was Bainion, a complete stranger to her, yet she felt attracted to him, but uneasy and on edge al lthe same around him. SHe was so confused in her life, and what to do. She let out a shaky breath and looked at him, tears still glistening on her cheeks and in her eyes.

"Bainion, my friend, I know not what to do. I cannot find comfort or reassurance in friends any longer, and that scares me. I feel such sadnes and hoplessness everyday, it is driving me near mad. And to add to that, I, I feel something stirred inside me when I am talking to you. And most of the time that feeling is not pleasant either. If you can help me, please, try. I need someone to help me before I am driven away from those I love and care for most," she whispered, her voice low and barely auidible.

She put her head back into her hands and felt the tears fall once again, but she let them. Her cheeks were glistening from tears and her eyes brimmed with tears when she looked back at him, waiting for some sort of response from him.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 05:37
at Mirlewen's words, Bainion was shocked and moved. he felt suddenly a strange feeling in his heart, one he had never felt before. until now, he had not seen Mirlewen as anything more than a challenge, something to be conquered and tamed. but now he found that he truly harboured feelings for the elf-maiden. he went and sat by her, and gently took her hands in his. "my lady, i am deeply honoured and touched by your feelings towards me, if i take your words correctly. i can understand your confusion, if you believe what little Nethwen has told you of me. but i swear that whatever you know of me, that is in the passt. i am changed. i wish only that Nethwen could see it, and think better of me for it."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 06:16
Mirelwen looked at him through tear filled eyes and was taken aback, but shock was evident on her face. She drew back slightly when he touched her hand, but she did not remove herself enitrely. She sighed and closed her eyes, feeling at ease finally for the moment.

"Bainion, it will take time. I am afriad that my captivity in Mordor has hardned my heart and made me wary, but prove yourself to me and my heart may be removed of the ice that encloses it," she said softly to him.

She opened her eyes, tears running down her cheek once again. SHe stood, looking around at the room. She then looked back at him and smiled.

"Would you like to accompany me on a walk through the gardens? It is a lovely day outside and we should not let it go to waste. Besides, the air is so much more breathable out there than in here," she remarked, her voice teasing slightly.

She walked out, her sheer light blue dress billowing out as she turned. Her silver robe swpet over the floor as she ran out the door, leading Bainion on a chase. If he could catch her, then he could escort her once again to the festivities being held on that night.
Morgaur cursed and rubbed his face, the bruise and knot still painfulyl visible. He spat on the ground as he walked away from the hall,s feeling angry. He smiled though, for none knew what he was doing, and none supsected him. Well, perhaps the maiden did that knocked him to the ground, but he had decided she would be the first to pay. He entered a clearing on the southern borders, hearing scurrying upon his arrival. He smiled, oh yes, this would be pleasurable.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 09:09
smiling suddenly, with a glee that he had not felt in years, Bainion leapt to his feet and raced after Mirlewen. he caught up with her just beyond the door, and took hold playfully of her arm. "i have you now! did you think i would let you slip away so easilly, after i worked so hard rto earn your friendship?" he laughed happily, and linked his arm with hers. "but if you ask it of me, i would gladly walk with you for a time in the gardens, for the night is clear, and not yet old. come!" with that he led her out of the palace, and into the moonlit gardens.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 09:16
Lindar and Nethwen walked outside for a long while. They spoke together about the strange occurances in the forest of late. Nethwen promptly told him that she wished to help in anyway she could.

"I have not fought for a long time, I'm afraid, for I have not had need since I live in the well protected forest of Lorien. But I do have skills, I just need to brush up on them." Nethwen said.

Lindar shook his head slightly. "I don't know Nethwen, you have told me of your healing skills, maybe you would be better suited helping the wounded." Lindar suggested.

Nethwen raised an eyebrow. "You doubt my fighting ability? You shall see how well I fight tomorrow." Nethwen said with a smirk.
"You will be accompanying Lady Mirelwen?" Lindar asked.
Nethwen smiled and nodded.

Lindar smiled back. "We shall see then." Lindar said mischiveously.
Then they heard a sound, they both whirled around at the same time and searched with their elven eyes for the person that made the sound, or animal.

"Who is there?" Lindar demanded, his hand was on the hilt of his sword.
Nethwen kicked herself for not thinking to bring her own sword, but she had not planned on fighting. She hoped Lindar would be able to fight for both of them.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 09:42
Mirelwen looked up, suprised into Bainion's face. She was suprised that he had caught her and it clearly showed on her face. She smiled and took hold of him as well, walking with him to the gardens. She felt light and happy for the first time since Mordor and she appriciated it very much. She stopped and loosed herself from his arm, stooping to pick a small purple flower.

She picked some more and made a chain quickly, twisting the stems together. She picked it up and placed it on her head, turning to him. She smiled and placed herself back on his arm and continued down the path. She led him to the clearing she visited so often when in Mirkwood. She sat by the small stream with him, letting her hand brush the water gently. Her light blue sheer dress spread out around her on the ground as she sat.

Her dark hair hung as a curtain, hiding her face as she looked into the water. It was clear and she could see the rocks in the bottom. One caught her attention and she picked it up. It was shaped oddly, smooth and round, the colour was clear and pink. She held it gently in her hand, then placed it back in the water. She turned her head to look at Bainion, her hair hanging in her eyes. She smiled faintly and then looked up to the sky.

Her ice blue eye pierced Bainion's when she looked at him again, only her gaze was no longer filled with sadness, just happiness. She scooted closer to the water and stuck her feet in, feeling the water rush over them. It was cool and soothing.

"Bainion, tomorrow I go to practice with Nethwen, Lindar, and Legolas. Would you like to come as well? I could talk with you afterward if you would like," she said quietly, her voice soft and whispery.

She did not fell that talking loudly was needed at the moment, for the forest was alive with sounds to hear. She cocked her head to one side, listening. She sighed and laid back, her hair spilling out behind her and her dresslying out on the ground. She closed her eyes and placed her hands upong her torso, breathing in deeply the night air.
Morgaur heard the two walknig and saw one draw his sword. He cused silently and stood up, walking off. He was in the trees walking on the branches. Soon he had left them behind, headed for the southern regions of Mirkwood. He saw his fine little group gathered in the clearing he had established as their meeting ground. He jumped down, startling all of them but one. He smiled, his eyes filled with malice and curelty.

"My friends, it is hight time you had a home of your own, and a leader as well. I am your leader, and on this raid, we shall conquer all in the forest, taking what should rightfully be yours, come now, we will make ready in a few days time to set out," he commanded harshly. His group grumbled and shifted uneasily, but obeyed and scattered just the same.

[Edited on 12/5/2007 by Elfalas]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2007 10:01
Lindar looked around, still holding his sword, but whoever it was had left.
Nethwen sighed, she would remember to bring her sword with her next time.

"Maybe it was just an animal." Nethwen said.
Lindar shook his head. "No, someone was here." Lindar said.
Nethwen felt a little uneasy and Lindar saw this.
"Maybe we should go inside. Come, I shall take you back." Lindar said.
Nethwen took his arm and followed him back into the caves.

Lindar still felt wary, something had been watching them.
An enemy lurked near, but he could not prove the fact.
Not yet.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 01:55
Bainion sat down on the grass beside Mirlewen. there was dew on the ground, and his hose were soon wet, but he cared little. his mind was on other things. he stared up at the stars, and then down at Mirlewen, lying so peacefully beside him. all of a sudden, Bainion sensed a presence nearby. he nudged Mirlewen's shoulder to gain her attention. "my lady, i fear we are being watched. something does not feel right about this place. do you also feel it? i deem that it would be unwise to make any sudden move at this point, but it might be wise to move on as soon as possible. fear not, for if something is nearby, i did not come unprepared." here he raised the leg of his hose, displaying the handle of a knife tucked into his boot. then he went back to gazing at the stars, as though nothing were amiss, but all the while his mind was filled with the sounds of the night-creatures about him, and to him all now seemed suspicious.
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 14, 2007 09:03
Mirelwen's eyes widened when he showed her the knife he had, this suprised her. She then narrowed her eyes, feeling the same way. She was tense, but did not move. Her eyes scanned the forest canpoy casually, her eyes taking in every detail. She thought she saw a shadow moving around, but then realized it was just an animal. She kicked herself inside for getting so jumpy. Mirelwen stood and stretched, looking at Bainion.

"Come, mellon nin, it is time we walked some more, my mind is buzzing and I wish to walk a bit more before we must go back inside the halls," she said to him. SHe leaned down toward him.
"Bainion, follow my lead, trust me in this. We are gonig to loop around and come in toward the practice field. From there, we can take a short cut to the halls, only Legolas, Thranduil, and I know of it," she whispered to him.

Her eyes hedl a pleading look for him to trust her. She took his hand and led him away through the wood. When they left the lcearing, she then quickend her pace, nearly runing. Once to the practice field, she forgot about everything and took of in a flat out sprint, only hoping Bainion would keep up. She reached the trail and waited for him, then she grabbed his hand and led him on once again, emerging in a small opening and right at what seemed ot be a dead end. She looked at him, seeing distress.

"Worry not, mellon nin, Dwarves are not the only race who have excellent skill in stone worknig," she said slyly.

In what seemed to be a solid stone, was now and open door. SHe pulled him inside and then shut it back, locking it shut tightly. She pulled ihm through the passage and they emerged in the store rooms under the palace. Mirelwen sat on a barrel, catching her breath.

"Oh my, I have not had to use that passage since Legolas was attacked by a spider and I had to bring him through here. Well, now that is done, I shall see you later," she said softly. With that, she disappeared around the corner, her sheer light blue dress flaring out as she turned. She ran down the halls, to her room. She went into the small room off of it. There she stood in the shadows, waiting to see if Bainion would follow her or not.

[Edited on 16/5/2007 by Elfalas]
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 05:13
Bainion was surprised by the existence of the passageway. he had thought he knew all the ways and passages of the palace, but evidently he had been mistaken. he followed Mirlewen round the corner as she disappeared, and glanced into the room. "do you think you will be alright? i could stay for a while if you wish. something makes me very uneasy tonight and i can tell you sense it too. i do not think it would be wise for any of us to remain alone if it can be helped."
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 05:22
Mirelwen looked at him and smiled faintly. "Very well Bainion. Where shal lwe go? There are not many places to go in this palace of Thranduil's. What do you suggest we do?," she asked ihm, staring him in the eyes.

She smoothed her sheer light blue dress and looked up again, wondering what she could do tomorrow when she and her friends were going to practice. Her hands shook slightly and she placed them behind her back. She did not realize she was so shaken by the events, but she did not feel suprised. Ever since she had lost Mornar, she had been easily shaken up and being watched did not make her feel any better. Her lip quivered and she bit it, willing it to stop.

"Bainion, I think I may- well, oh, I know not what to do, where to go, I feel so lost!," she said. She sighed heavily and droppd her eyes to the floor.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 06:47
Nethwen was still curious about what had been following them. She grabbed Lindar's elbow.
"What was following us?" Nethwen asked. Lindar shrugged.
"There are many strange beings in this forest." He said simply.

Lindar brought Nethwen to her room. He was going to leave her but he could see she was distressed about something.
"Are you alright Nethwen?" Lindar asked, he sat down beside her on her bed.

Nethwen shrugged. "I wonder where Mirelwen is? I think she might have been outside with Bainion. I think I'll go and look for her." Nethwen said. Then she stood and put up her sword. She buckled the belt around her waist.

"Why don't I go? You don't need to get yourself into danger." Lindar said. Nethwen smiled, she ran her hand down his cheek. "I am strong enough. Don't worry about me." Nethwen said.

Lindar smiled and took her hand, then they both walked out of her room.
When they came outside Nethwen felt wary, something didn't seem right.
"Let's make this quick. There is a foul voice on the wind." Lindar whispered.

Nethwen had the same feeling. Their steps quickened.
Then they heard a low growling sound. Lindar grabbed Nethwen's arm and put her behind him.
He braced himself for whatever might be coming.

Then a large troop of goblins rushed out at them. Nethwen jumped out and began to aid Lindar in slaying them.
Their movements were quick and precise. The goblins were angry, they wanted them dead.

"We need help! We can't fight them all alone." Nethwen said. Lindar and Nethwen fought back to back.
"We can't get away from them." Lindar said.
Nethwen knew this was true, what if they both died? It certainly seemed possible.

Soon only a few goblins were left, but they were still outnumbered. "Oh Valar, send some help!" Nethwen cried into the night sky.
Then she felt something, Lindar wasn't behind her anymore.

Nethwen turned swiftly and gasped when she saw Lindar laying on the ground, a goblin knife sticking out of his side.
Tears rolled down Nethwen's face, but now her fury was unleashed. She slew the last few goblins, one escaped with a wound.

When they were all dead and gone Nethwen fell down beside Lindar, she turned him over so he would face her, he was still conscious.
"You were right, you're very strong." Lindar said with a weak smile.
Nethwen grabbed his hand and held it.
"Don't worry Lindar, I'll get help." Nethwen whispered. She ran her hand across his cheek.

Lindar smiled at her. "Don't worry about me, just get out of here." Lindar said, he pushed her back.
"I'm not leaving you." Nethwen said stubbornly.
Lindar watched her for a moment, his dark eyes taking in her beauty.

"Nethwen Estel, meleth nin." Lindar whispered.
Nethwen bent down and kissed his lips. When she sat back Lindar smiled at her again, then his eyes closed and he peacefully left the world.

Nethwen stayed there, not wanting to leave his side.
Then she heard footsteps behind her. She knew who it was.
"You came too late." Nethwen whispered sadly, she didn't look away from Lindar.

"Why do you bother to come now when we needed you during the fight? If you had come he might have lived. The whole reason we were out here was to find you." Nethwen said, a hint of anger in her voice. Her tearwashed face glistened in the moonlight.

"I shall have to tell his family....he will be given an honorable burial." Nethwen said. She still did not move from his side.

(I hope it's okay that I brought in some goblins. and the people Nethwen is taking to would be Bainion and Mirelwen)

[Edited on 16/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 01:19
Mirelwen winced at Nethwen's words and she did not realize she had gripped Bainion's hand when Nethwen had spoken. She looked at Nethwen and then at Lindar.

"Nethwen, I am sorry. I know what it is like to lose someone you love. But you musn't take it out on a friend. I agree, he should have a proper burial, but allow me to get you inside and take care of you. We can carry Lindar inside. If there are more out here, then we cannot leave him out here," she said softly, placing a hand on her shoulder.

Her other hand was still in Bainion's, for hse had not yet let go. She placed an arm around Nethwen and sent her inside, then she turned to Bainion.

"Can you help me carry him to the healing rooms? We can place him there and clean him up so his parents will not have to see him in such a state. Then from there we can bury him wherever they wish him to be laid to rest," she said quietly, tears slipping down her cheeks.

She had not known Lindar very well, but hse knew that Nethwen was suffering greatly and that made her sad because she was a friend. She looked down at Lindar and then got ready to lift him up to carry him into the healing rooms. She looked over at Bainion and she dropped her gaze, not looking at him. She leaned agianst him and her tears fell unckecked.

"Why is Nethwen upset with me? Twas not my fault, nor yours. We were where we were supposed to be, inside. She did not need to look for me, nor you. Ai, I am so confused," she whispered brokenly. Lindar laid on the bed, looking peaceful and calm. She leaned into Bainion again, needing the comfort he provided at the moment.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 16, 2007 01:54
Nethwen frowned, she wasn't really angry with Mirelwen, she was just broken.
As they lifted Lindar she ran her fingers down his face one last time.

Nethwen looked up at Mirelwen. "I know the pain, I've lost people in my past. The shock and hurt never seem to lessen though." Nethwen said.
--------
Nethwen wanted to do the job of cleaning Lindar up. The first thing she did was remove the knife and throw it away. Then she tightly wrapped the area so that it wouldn't bleed anymore.

She sighed sadly, then when all was finished she went to look for his younger brother, she would tell him and he could tell the rest of his family.

Nethwen found him wandering around, he was looking for Lindar. When he saw Nethwen he walked over.
"Lady Nethwen have you seen my brother?" Olwë asked.

Nethwen took in a deep breathe. "I have some terrible news Olwë. Lindar and myself were walking through the woods and were suddenly attacked by goblins. He lays dead in the healing room." Nethwen said. A sob escaping her lips after she spoke.

Olwë was in shock for a long time. "Take me to him." He said after a few moments.
Nethwen nodded, her golden hair falling in front of her face.

When they walked in she heard Olwë swallow loudly, his eyes closed as he took in a breathe.
Nethwen and Olwë walked over to him, Olwë placed his hand onto Lindar's forehead. His eyes closed and he whispered a few words to honor the dead.

As Nethwen looked at Lindar's face memories of him flooded into her mind. She remembered his mischeivous smile and sweet laugh. His deep dark eyes and how bright they were when he smiled.

Then Nethwen let out a sob and she covered her face with her hands. Olwë pulled Nethwen into an embrace. He knew that she had had feelings for her brother and vise versa.
"This is a painful lost. I think I should go and tell the rest of my family now. Will you be alright?" Olwë asked. He pulled her away and looked her in the eye.

Nethwen nodded, she wiped her tears. Olwë nodded, tears were in his eyes as well. Then he turned and walked out of the room.

Nethwen stood there for a moment but after a while she could stand it so she ran to her room and laid down on her bed, she silently sat there, memories of the fight rushed into her mind.

The she closed her eyes and clentched her fists.
"I have to be strong. I was able to overcome my last loss. It will hurt but I can stay strong. Weeping is not necessary, it is over." Nethwen said to herself.

Then she laid down on her bed, and closed her eyes, hoping sleep would find her and the memories of Lindar would flee.
"I can't fall in love anymore. It hurts too much. Lindar will be my last love, my only love." Nethwen whispered. Eventually she drifted away to a restless sleep.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 05:33
at the sight of Lindar laying dead, Bainion was shaken to his bones. he had never seen a dead body before. but he was not afraid, more, his heart was filled with a near-uncontrollable rage.

When Mirlewen collapsed into his arms, he held her there for a short while. then he resolved himself. he would make these beasts pay for spilling the blood of his kin. he pushed Mirlewen away, slightly more roughly than he intended. He returned to his room, and strapped his sword to his side. he then returned to Mirlewen and looked her in the face.

"I am going out to fight. I would be glad if you would follow me, but i know i cannot force you. If I do not return," here he looked over to Nethwen "I hope that you will all think better of me. I have been thinking. What i did to you was wrong, Nethwen, and I am truly sorry. I go now to attone for my deds"

With that, he went out of the hall, closing the door behind him. He did not lock it, but he hoped that if nobody followed him someone would have the presence of mind to bar it against the goblins
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 06:03
Mirelwen was startled when he pushed her aside but when he mentioned going out to fight, she ran to her room, grabbing her things. She shoved her travel clothes on and her armour. She pulled her boots on quickly and her weapons. She threw her cloak on and ran back out, following Bainion. She caught up with him, walkig at his side.

"Bainion, I am fightig with you. No matter what and LEgolas I think will join us as well," she added as she passed Legolas. He was walking through the halls, his bow in hand. He nodded at Mirelwen and Bainion then walked with them.

"I am getting the troops together, we are meeting in the courtyard at the moment, you are more than welcome to join us there. We are getting our numbers and facts straight before marching off to battle. This is serious and we cannot take our normal approach to this, right Mirelwen?," he asked .

She nodded numbly and swallowed, knowing full well what he was referring to. She looked at them each in turn. "I shall meet you out there, I need to do something first," she said criptically.

She ran off, leaving her two friends there. She ran around the corner and looked in her room briefly. She saw her ring and necklace and she smiled in reilief. She thought she had lsot them. Mirelwen placed them on her neck and finger, then hurried back to the now large group of Elves.
Morgaur smiled when he saw the Elves standing ther,e waiting for the first strike. He saw the prince and his friend, the maiden who had humiliated him in front of all the young Elves. He grimaced and glared at her. He was in a tree and jumped down, landing among his little army.

"Well, I suppose you know the mission, but I shal ltell you once moe so that you do not mess up! We are to kill all the Elves but the maiden down there. She is to be left for me. She humiliated me and I intend on killing her with my own hands. Understand? Ai, if you know what I am saying, nod your head, goblin filth!," he spat angrily.

Most of them shuffled and nodded grumblnig the whole time. he smiled. "well, now then, what say we go rid the world of a few Elves?," he asked in a calm voice.

The goblins ran out, charging into the Elves. Mirelwen fired three arrows and killed three before she had to grab her knives and use them. She spun in a deadly dance with her knives, slicing through the goblins as if she were harvesting. Legolas fought at her side and along with Bainion.

Legolas let loose a warning cry and shot an arrow into a goblin that was ready to slice through Mirelwen. She nodded curtly in thanks and continued fighting. She spat on a goblin she had just killed, blood spewing out. He had landed a hard punch on her jaw before she had ran him through.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 06:32
Nethwen woke to the sounds of battle. Suddenly she felt angry. She got up and dressed into her tunic and pants. She had no armor so she decided to see if there was any armor to fit her in the armory.

She had her bow and long sword ready. She found a chest plate and put it on, then quickly made her way out to the fight.
"This is for you, Lindar." She whispered.

When she came out she was glad to see Legolas was out fighting as well, though it didn't surprise her.
She stood back for a moment and shot the goblins with her arrows, but then they began to come up and attack her so she unsheathed her sword.

"Gurth a chyth-in-edhil!" She cried as she ran her sword into one of the goblins.
Then she spun and hit another. Eventually she made her way over to the group of elves, fighting near Mirelwen and Legolas.

There were many of them, and Nethwen was becoming worried. Why had two attacks happened so close together in timing? Was someone leading them?
Then as Nethwen was thinking a goblin blade cut her left cheek.

She decapitated that goblin, but realized at that moment that she had been pushed farther from her friends.
She was surrounded now, she would fight...to the death!

"Maetho 'nin gurth!" Nethwen shouted above the din.
Nethwen could feel the goblin blades that slipped by her guard cut her skin, but it was nothing too bad, though she was covered with goblin blood and it was mixed with her own.

After a long time Nethwen knew she had no hope in surviving this if she was alone. Nethwen was getting weaker with each strike. She knew she had to make a run for it, now.

Nethwen swung her sword to the left and right as she charged through the surrounding goblins, receiving many blows.
Then she came to a tree, she would have to climb it to get to safety, but she saw someone hiding.

"Iston le?" Nethwen whispered as she looked at the person before her. Then he struck her with the hilt of his blade and Nethwen fell unconscious.

Translations---

Gurth a chyth-in-edhil!- death to the foes of elves!
Maetho 'nin gurth!- fight to the death!
Iston le? Do I know you?

(I thought maybe since I know those guys aren't actually going to be killed that your character might use Nethwen as a reason for them to stop fighting....tell me if this is a bad idea and I'll edit if you had other plans)

[Edited on 17/5/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 17, 2007 07:14
(that's fine Nethwen)
Mirelwen struck another goblin, blood now covering her body as well as dirt. A blade came whistling through the air and she dropped to the ground, rolling. A goblnig dug his foot into her side as he stepped on her. She threw him off and lept to her feet, running him through. She turned and saw somethingthat made her sick. She could see Morgaur with Nethwen walking calmly over to her as if it was a simple walk taken for pleasure. She felt her stomach churn and she glared at him, walking to meet him. He placed a dagger to Nethwen's neck when Mirelwen took another step toward them.

"Ah Mirelwen, lovely to see you here. You know the normal routine, take one step closer I dislodge her head from her body. Now, you and i however have a score to settle. Not only did you humiliate me, but remember what happened a few years back with us? Hmm, thought you might. Well, you! Come here," he called to one of the goblins.

it shuffled forward and took Nethwen from him. He stood and faced Mirelwen, his eyes falshnig with delight.

"Now then, we need some terms for this fight. I die, you get Nethwen and the goblins will be killed, but if I win this fight, then the goblins take over, I kill your friends one by one, but you shal lstill be alive to hear them scream," he smiled cruelly in her face.

She stuck her hand out and they shook on it. Both Elves removed their armour and took their weapons off but their swords. Both also removed their cloaks and stood in ther tunic and leggings, waiting. Morgaur struck out first, aiming a calculated blow to her neck. She dodged it deftly and stepped aside, swinging her sword around to catch him. He leapt down, the blade missing his head. He came up and swung at her again, dislodging her sword. It spun through the air and landed some feet away. She cursed and grabbed his forcefully, catchnig him offguard. She threw his sword to the side and he looked mildly suprised.

"Very well, I suppose we could fight hand to hand," he said smoothly.

He said no more because Mirelwen's fist collided with the side of his face, nearly knocking him to the ground. She kicked him but he grabbed her ankle, twisting it painfully to the side. She gasped in pain and collapsed on top of him. He quickly scrambled to be on top and held her down. He then struck her hard on the side of her face. She spit blood at him and kicked up with her legs. He tumbled off and she rolled over, kicking him in the side.

He curled in on himself, holding his side. She stepped closer, but he grabbed for her leg again, dragging her to the ground. She swung at his head with her fist, catching him in the mouth. She scrambled away and stood up. He stood and lunged at her, his head hitting her stomach and knocking her back onto the ground. She kneed him in the side, then slapped his face. She punched wildly, hoping to hit something. A groan told her what she needed to know.

She then hit the base of his neck, rendering him unconscious. She drug him to a tree and tied him to it with a length of rope she had noticed he had. She grabbed her sword and ran over to Legolas and Bainion, limping nad bleeding. Her eye was swollen nearly shut and blood dripped out of the corner of her mouth. She smiled.

"Come on, Morgaur is disabled, we only need to kill the rest of the goblins," she said, gasping and wheezing slightly. Her side was on fire, but she ignored it. Her sword bit into another goblin. She felt someone rush her from behind, knocking her down. She looked back and glared.

"Morgaur!?, How?," she said. He smiled sweetly, his gaze taunting and cruel.

"Ah, but you did not hit me hard enough, nor was the rope strong enough," he said. He slapped her forcefully, knocking her head to one side. She glared at him, then punched him again in the face. She looked around and saw none of her friends. She was on the edge of the battle, left with him.

"Ah, you see none can help you, good. Then they shall not hear you scream, nor wil lthey be able to help you and take my glory and pleasure away," he said, stepping toward her.

He twirled a dagger lazily in his hands as he stepped up to her. She kicked out at his hand, the dagger spinning off to the side. She ran from him, dodging between trees. He followed behind her.

"Oh good! A chase. Just like a hunt, I think I may enjoy this even more now, Mirelwen," he remarked. She felt cold chills run down her spine but hse kept on running. She heard him right behind her and she dodged to the left, but he had anticipated her move. He tackled her to the ground, now back at the battle. He held a dagger to her neck and pressed down slowly, a trail of blood apppearing under it.

"Hmm, I thought it would take longer to catch you, but I am disappointed I must say. Ah, well, I can still enjoy this all the same. Go ahead ,and scream if you want, you shall be dead by the time anyone comes to help you," he stated, smiling wickedly. She filled her lungs and screamed out as loud as she could over the battle. She only hoped someone would hear. She tried fighting him off, but he gave the dagger up for his hands, stragling her. She let out a choked cry and fought uselessly.
IthilionofMirkwood
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 06:49
Bainion was in trouble. he was faced with three goblins, and he was not a warrior. He had fought off the first few with little effort - they were even less skilled with a blade than he, but now he was tiringg, and he knew he could not survive against three of the beasts.

Suddenly, over the sounds of battle, he heard a scream. it was a voice he recognised, and it filled him with dread. he looked around, and suddenly he saw what he sought. Mirlewen was gaught at the edge of the battle, and was being held fast by a dark figure. A blade was at her throat.

A cold rage flooded through Bainion's body. The woman he had come to care for above all others, even to love, was in mortal peril. he would not allow that creature, whatever it was, to harm her. Wiith a yell, he swung his sword at one of the goblins, cleaving it's skull in two.

Not waiting to retrieve his sword, he sprinted to where the two figures stood, apart from the main melee, stooping to draw his dagger from his boot as he ran. With a snarl akin to some animal, he leapt at the dark figure's back, pulling it away from Mirlewen, and driving his blade deep into it's back. The figure stiffened, and let out a gasp as the blade fell from its hand. Bainion tore the dagger from its back and in one swift motion cut its throat. As the body of his foe toppled into the dust, Bainion stabbed again, and again. A score of times and more he thrust his blade into his enemy's back, until his strength was utterly spent. He collapsed, unhurt but exhausted, onto his foe, as the madness of battle slowly left him.

(OOC: if someone could possibly post in the "high road" thread, that'd be great. i'm sorry for the poor structure/punctuation in my last post, i'm not used to writing really long ones. it's all been fixed, so you should be able to figure out what's going on. if you've already posted, no need to let me know - i'll find out eventually - just disregard this OOC moment)
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2007 09:33
Nethwen had been very angry when she had been taken as a captive, and even a little scared, but after she had been placed in the hands of the goblin she was able to kill it with it's own blade and escape.

She stayed hidden, she was to weak to fight, but when she saw Mirelwen was in trouble she nearly rushed out, but she another come to her aid.

Nethwen gasped when she saw it was Bainion going to save Mirelwen. "I have never seen such courage in him." Nethwen whispered.

When the evil elf was dead Nethwen dragged herself from hiding and walked over to Mirelwen.
"Are you alright? And is Bainion alright?" Nethwen asked.
Then she looked down at herself and saw she had sustained plenty of wounds herself. Blood was crusted all over her arms and face.

"Come, you two must go to see a healer. I must go as well." Nethwen said as she helped Mirelwen to stand.
They both helped Bainion up. Nethwen smiled at him, maybe they could be friends. "You are a lot braver than I thought Bainion. You are forgiven." Nethwen said.

As she walked down the hall to the healers she stopped when she saw Olwë. He walked over to her.
"Lindar was buried moments ago, I knew you were fighting, I wanted to help but could not leave because they barred the entrance." Olwë explained.

Nethwen nodded and asked to be taken to his grave, but Olwë shook his head. "You should be tended to first, you have many wounds." Olwë said.
Nethwen bowed her head sadly, but went to the healers and was given many bandages on her arms and her face was washed.

Afterwards she walked out and saw Olwë was still waiting. She walked over to him and then they both walked outside.
Whens he saw his grave she knelt down beside it and read the inscription on the stone.

Here lies Lindar son of Dorion. Loyal warrior, son and brother.

Nethwen sighed, she missed him, but she knew he would always be in her heart and memories.
Then she stood and smiled at Olwë. "Thank you for taking me here Olwë. I had best return to my friends now." She said, then they both left the grave site.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email