Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Passing Shadows. (see occ)
on: July 15, 2007 08:35
Zuleika could see them ahead. Raven was bleeding, and Essie could not help.
"Zuleika! Come quickly! Raven's badly hurt!"

"I'm coming, Essie!" she ran.
When she reached Raven, her face fell.
"Raven, Raven please...are you alright?"She ran her fingers gently over his wounds, her face stricken with worry.
"Essie we need to get him to Rivendell. Come quick!"
She tried to stand him up, and almost fell over when he put his weight upon her.
"Come, Essie, we must find Lilac. Make haste"
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 15, 2007 09:02
Raven sat there and was pleased when Zuleika approached, her panic did not help though. Raven stood and allowed his weight to be given onto Zuleika. Though she seemed a little bothered by it, he could do no more for her.

"Raven, Raven please...are you alright?" Essie we need to get him to Rivendell. Come quick!" "Come, Essie, we must find Lilac. Make haste"

When a moment arose Raven put a hand on her shoulder, "Zuleika...I admire the need to help me, but I shall be fine. I need some water, and this blasted wound needs to at least be bandaged. Rivendell is still a six days march or more. We need to keep to our path to Bree, aquire horses, and then our journey shall be easier."

Raven said this as if he had been running for many miles non stop. His skin felt clammy and cold, and he shivered in the waning light of the day. The shadows seemed to grow long, oh so long. It made him feel weak, something that Raven did not like at all.

He clutched at the wound at his stomach, troubled that it still bled. Raven was young, but even so he was worried that death might have finally come for him.

"And would someone please find Lilac, she will be lost and terrified, and she will get so far from us that we could not follow her without consequence."

Raven looked about "Tuillin." He whistled softly.

He waited for a long pause and then he heard the small flutter of wings. Raven saw then his little friend darting towards him. The little swallow perched on Raven's shoulder and tried to comfort his friend as best he could.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 03:33
When Essie heard they would need bandages she pulled out her warmer skirt from her bag.
"You can rip this for bandages." She said as she handed it to Zuleika.

She sighed sadly when she realized Lilac was no where in sight.
"I'll go and find her. Don't go anywhere." Essie said.
Then she ran off to find her cousin.

"Lilac! Come here you silly!" Essie cried. She was getting tired and she was very worried about Raven. He did not look well at all.
"This journey is not turning out the way I would like it." Essie grumbled.

Then Essie heard a twig snap. She jumped and whirled around.
She couldn't see anyone.
She took in slow deep breaths and continued along, her eyes darting this way and that.

Suddenly a large hand grabbed her shoulder and turned her around. She screamed when she was face to face with a frightening looking man with a hood covering his face.

"Hush little maiden." The man said. Then he threw back his hood and revealed a man with dirty blonde hair that was tied back. His eyes were blue and he seemed friendly, but still he frightened Essie.

"If you're looking for another hobbit, I've found one and she's laying over there. She had a couple nasty cuts but I mended them." The man said.

Essie nodded her head asd he led her to Lilac.
"What is your name?" Essie asked.
The man looked at her. "I'm Cyst, I used to live in Rohan but I ran away a while ago." Cyst explained.

Essie had heard of the land of the Horse Lords but she didn't know much about it.
"I'm Essie Brandybuck." She said politely.

But then suddenly fear rose in her heart again, and she looked up at the man.
"Cyst, I need your help. I have an elven companion and he was stabbed by a Nazgul. He's not doing well at all, can you help?" Essie asked.

Cyst's face darkened when he heard it was a Nazgul that stabbed him.
"I am not a strong healer Essie, but I have my friend, Drimbolt. He is a horse that may help carry him." Cyst said.

Essie was glad that he would let Raven ride on his horse.
"Come this way!" Essie shouted.
Cyst led Drimbolt, a strong dapple grey horse with rippling muscles. His head was large and he was a very tall horse, and in his eyes she could see pride.

Lilac was placed atop Drimbolt since she was still unconscious.

Wjhen they arrived in the camp Essie cried with joy.
"This man named Cyst found Lilac and fixed her up, and he has a horse named Drimbolt that can carry you Raven!" She said excitedly.

Cyst was not the kind of person who liked a lot of company, but he nodded.
"Drimbolt will carry anyone I tell him to." Cyst said.
Drimbolt snorted in agreement and tossed his head.

Essie ran over and sat beside Raven, hoping to find something to help him.
Cyst walked over as well and knelt beside him. He frowned.

"My healing skills are not strong enough for this, but I will help." Cyst said.
He pressed the torn skirt to his wound, trying to stop the blood flow.

Once he had succeeded he wrapped the wound tightly.
"That is all I can do. And when you are ready Drimbolt will carry you to your destination." Cyst said. He waited for their response.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 05:25
When Lilac awoke, she noticed she was sitting on a horse. "Wha– What happened?" she asked. She felt terrible. She tried to get up, but fell back. "Unhhh... My head!" she exclaimed. She lay back and closed her eyes. After a while she fell asleep.

When she awoke she felt much better. She got up, and walked around for a while. This is nice, she thought. After a while, she walked farther away. She kept walking. She saw a glimpse of brown ahead. She walked towards it. It was a wall! Bree! She ran back to the others with the news. "Bree!" she exclaimed, "Just a half-hour's walk away!"

[Edited on 16/7/2007 by elendil2]
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 16, 2007 09:04
Zuleika eyed the newcomer strangely. He did not look like the kind she would like to meet. She watched as he bandaged Raven, and she silently cursed to be once again travelling with a mortal.
"You have good healing skills...despite your heritage, sire" Zuleika said to him. She nodded politely, and walked after Lilac. The walls of Bree were a great blessing for all of them, as they provided a chance to rest.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 03:24
Cyst looked at the female elf. He could see she had no interest in traveling with him.
"I only do what I must. I've run into a few evil beings on my own travels." Cyst said.

After she had left with the other hobbit girl he helped Raven up.
"Come friend, we shouldn't stay here much longer. I'll make sure Drimbolt goes slowly." Cyst said kindly.

Essie jumped to her feet and shuffled behind, she wasn't sure what she could help with.

Cyst helped Raven up into the saddle. "You can hold his mane or the reins if you need balance." Cyst said.
Essie looked up, the horse was huge compared to her. She felt very small as she looked up.

"Come Drimbolt, let us move." Cyst said in a gentle voice.
--
As they walked Essie decided to make conversation.
"Cyst, how come you're so far from Rohan?" she asked.
Cyst bowed his head, it was painful to speak of what had happened to his village.

"My village was destroyed, I had no reason to stay." Cyst said simply, he didn't like speaking of it. Especially the death of his family.

Essie looked up. "Oh, I'm sorry. Well, I'm sure you've seen a lot. Do you have any other traveling friends?" Essie asked.

Cyst looked at Drimbolt. "Drimbolt here is my only friend in traveling. I rarely meet others who want my company." Cyst said.
Essie smiled. "Oh but we would like your company! You may travel with us!" Essie said happily.

Cyst looked down at her. "I will leave once I get you to Bree." He said.
Essie frowned and she looked upset. This man had done such good for them. How could he leave?

But then Cyst looked ahead again, and Essie decided to have no more conversation.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 05:20
Raven fell into a swoon as Essie left to find Lilac. He laid his head back against a moss covered log, shutting his eyes against the shadows. They were so long, and they made him feel weak and very ill at heart.

Raven felt the arrival of Essie and of another's footsteps, along with a horse's tred. He forced his eyes open and looked at the fair-haired stranger. Raven had never been to Rohan, but from the appearance of the man could guess that that was where he was from. Raven felt a curiosity grow within him, but he did not speak. It hurt to much.

"This man named Cyst found Lilac and fixed her up, and he has a horse named Drimbolt that can carry you Raven!"

Raven nodded his head wearily, and even that movement brought him pain, he supressed a groan and tried to relax while the man looked at his wound.

"That is all I can do. And when you are ready Drimbolt will carry you to your destination." "Come friend, we shouldn't stay here much longer. I'll make sure Drimbolt goes slowly."

Raven allowed himself to be helped up, the whole forest seemed to fade and swim before his eyes. He whimpered slightly at the darkness. He knew that it was not natural, he knew that it was bad.

Raven got on the horse quietly, gently clutching the horse's mane. He tried to listen to the coversation about him but he found that he could barely keep concious.

"I will leave once I get you to Bree."

Raven heard this and immediately thought that this was not a wise decision. He put his one hand out onto Cyst's shoulder.

"Please good sir, you must stay with us, at least until Rivendell. If you need it we can compensate you with gold, but my companions can not defend themselves and watch over me at the same time. Please...they need someone else to look out for them." Raven said this quietly, as if in a dream.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 05:39
Cyst looked up at Raven's plea. "Fine, I shall go with you beyond Bree, but if I feel a need to leave, then I shall." Cyst said firmly.

Essie sighed, he certainly wasn't as friendly as she had first thought.
And she was very worried about Raven. His voice was so soft.
Cyst noticed this too, he had heard stories about the Nazgul's blades and they frightened him very much. He had never witnessed the effects it had on someone, and therefore he was not prepared to aid him.

Cyst continued on without another word. This journey was more than he had expected it to be.
"This is not what I had planned." Cyst grumbled, but he couldn't leave them. He would go as far as he wanted, then leave them.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 17, 2007 08:57
"Fine, I shall go with you beyond Bree, but if I feel a need to leave, then I shall."

Raven could only smile weakly at this, he let his hand rest once again on the horse's neck, but it seemed to him hard to lift. Raven indeed did not note the passage of time, every second seemed an eternity.

"This is not what I had planned."

"What was it you had planned?" Raven asked wearily, patially curious and partially to keep himself from falling into a horrid nightmare-filled sleep that he knew awaited him.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 04:18
Cyst looked up. "That's clearly none of your business." Cyst said.
Essie glared at him. "Don't you dare speak to Raven that way. He's hurt you know!" Essie said.

Cyst didn't even bother to react. These people were just getting in his way. It was true that he didn't have a general direction in which he was heading, but he just liked traveling alone.

Soon they could see Bree just ahead. Cyst was glad, he could get himself some ale when they got there.
Then he wondered what to do with the elf lad. Cyst could never let anyone die when he could do something to help, that had been his nature since his family was killed.

Cyst had no power against Morgul sorcery, so he really wasn't sure what to do. He knew Athelas had some power, but not enough to heal that sort of wound.

I've never had to deal with something like this. Had he been poisoned I could help, but this is far worse than any poison.
Cyst thought.

Essie became very upset when she saw the pain on Raven's face.
"Don't worry Raven, you will get to sleep in a nice warm bed when we get to an inn." Essie assured him.

"I don't think sleep will help the situation much. His wound is worse than you think hobbit." Cyst said.
Of course Cyst was no expert on Morgul blades, but he had heard from tales that the blades carried some kind of poison that destroyed the mind and made them servants.

Essie became afraid when Cyst told her it was worse.
"But he'll live, won't he?" Essie asked.

Cyst did not reply. Living might just be worse for the elf.
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 05:09
Zuleika looked from Raven to Cyst, who seemed quite unsure of what he was saying, but continued to tell what he assumed on Morgul blades. Zuleika let her head fall slightly, and her face became silently pained. She could not panic now, but she felt terrible inside.
This was her fault.
She did not know how she could try to rectify the situation, but she felt obliged to.
"But he'll live, won't he?" Essie asked.

Zuleika shuddered. Essie was as worried as she was, but these words were horrible to hear. There was a chance Raven could go on living, but Zuleika did not want to be around when he did. She hung her head. In her mind, she ran through these terrible events, her mind screaming. She did not want to add to the trouble, although she would surely crack under this mental pressure soon.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 10:18
Raven could only smile, but even that didn't last very long. Half-slumped in the saddle Raven had long since stopped feeling anything but pain. He could feel the poison inside of him, twisting and churning through his veins. It was horrid.

It felt like ice, giving him chills, but he knew that he was fevered. Sleep sounded good, but the shadows had grown so long...it was so dark already. Raven's mind slipped in and out of conciousness.

"But he'll live, won't he?"

Raven mustered the strength to answer the little hobbit he had befriended, "I shall survive, Essie, don't you worry. Elves are made to endure, and so I shall." He smiled at her, though when he glanced to Cyst his eyes spoke volumes. Raven knew his life as he knew it was in danger.

"Essie, keep Tuillin close to you. I can not comfort him right now, and he needs comfort." Tuillin flew to Essie's shoulder at Raven's encouragement.

OOC: I'm gone for the next few days

[Edited on 18/7/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 11:02
(okay, we'll take it slow minstral)

Essie petted the bird's head with one finger, trying to comfort him. She was very scared.
Cyst's face remained calm, he looked uncaring, though inside he was trying to think of ways to help.
---
By nightfall they had arrived in Bree. Cyst had gotten them a room and pratically carried Raven up the stairs to the room.
When he laid him down he could feel a fever coming over Raven.

"This night will be the hardest yet." Cyst muttered.
He put a cool cloth on his head, he had to break the fever.
"Maiden, get some more cool water. You're an elf, are you not? Don't you have any skills with healing?" Cyst asked.

Essie remained by Raven's side, she would not leave him for anything.
---
Cyst tried to help, but when an hour passed he was weary from all the thinking and working to help the young elf.
"I must go downstairs and get myself a drink and calm myself. Try to help him. I cannot anymore." Cyst said.

He went downstairs and ordered an ale. He sat in a corner and drank, thinking about how long the elf would survive.
"Not long. He won't last long because they all depend on me to heal him and my skills are so limited." Cyst mumbled.

He wished he could abandon this group. This was too stressful to him. He had run away from Rohan to get away from problems like this. But the elf had asked him to stay, until they left Bree.

Cyst sat there for a long time, thinking whether to return to the room and ride away.
----
Essie heard the sound of horse hooves on cobble stones. She stood and looked out the window to see a large horse riding away with a man on his back.

She gasped. "Zuleika! Cyst rode away!" Essie said frantically.
Then she started crying. He had promised them he would stay, he promised to help Raven.

"How could he leave us like this?" Essie asked between sobs.
Then she looked at Raven and began crying harder.

(Cyst will be back)
Marnalossiel
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 18, 2007 08:14
Once they arrived, the group split up to help Raven. The group went up the stairs together, and Cyst laid Raven down.
"Maiden, get some more cool water. You're an elf, are you not? Don't you have any skills with healing?"

Zuleika shot him an evil look. She collected more of the water, and sat beside Raven, gently dabbing him with the cloth.
After a while, Cyst dissapeared. Then, Essie ran to the window:
"Zuleika! Cyst rode away!"

Zuleika also ran to the window, her face in a scowl.
"How could he leave us like this?"

"He is an evil person for doing this, Essie, and he has taken the horse we came here with, but we can, and will travel on without him." Zuleika came back to Raven. He was what mattered now.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 05:05
When they arrived at Bree, Lilac felt useless. She sat by Raven with Essie, minute after minute, hour after hour. Cyst sent Zuleika on an errand, then disappeared. Essie ran to the window.
"Zuleika! Cyst rode away!"
Zulieka ran to the window. "How could he leave us like this?" asked Essie, sobbing.
"He is an evil person for doing this, Essie, and he has taken the horse we came here with, but we can, and will travel on without him." Zuleika came back to Raven. He was what mattered now.
Lilac knew that without Cyst, Raven would be hard pressed. She grabbed a wet cloth, and pressed it to Raven's forehead. She would watch over him all night, if need be. He didn't deserve this! Far into the night, her hand started trembling. She was tired, but she would not fall asleep. She could not. Raven's brow was hot, and beads of sweat clung to it. His skin was distinctly whiter in pallor. She instinctively knew that he had no more than a week to recover. They must reach help. "Zuleika, could the healers of Rivendell help Raven? Could they?" Licac felt desperate.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2007 05:46
Essie looked up. "We can't leave now. Wait until the night has passed. Please, I don't want him to move." Essie said as she clutched Raven's hand.

She was furious at Cyst. Why had he ridden away like that?
Essie had been told by her parents that traveling humans were rude and they would leave the moment they had no more interest in you.

"I hate Cyst. Why did he act so kind to us? Was it all a lie?" Essie said. Then she began sobbing. It hurt her so much, she was not used to being so alone in a land she didn't know about.
----
Cyst rode hard and fast. He knew he would have to stop soon, espcially since he felt evil presenses nearby.
"Why am I doing this? I shouldn't even be caring." Cyst grumbled.

Cyst was riding hard towards Rivendell. He had a plan to find a healer and return to Bree with the elven healer. That was the only way Raven would survive.

He hoped the small group would not attempt to move Raven. They couldn't get anywhere anyway. Not without a horse to carry Raven.

"Come on Drimbolt, just a little longer." Cyst pressed.

Then he wondered about Zuleika. For some reason he wasn't very fond of her, and he worried that she would make them continue moving.

"Hurry Drim." Cyst whispered.

(Cyst is not trusting so I hope you don't mind that he doesn't really like Zuleika yet, I see she has the same feelings.
btw, I'm not posting again until minstral is able to because I want minstral to respond to the post where Cyst rides away.)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 20, 2007 10:23
OOC: Hey, I'm going to Scotland tomorrow. I'll try to get on again as soon as possible.

IC: Raven barley noticed being carried up into the little room in Bree. He felt hot and chilled at the same time, for one who had never been ill before it was not a pleasant experiance. Raven laid there on the bed quietly, drifting in and out of sleep.

His eyes remained closed, something elves didn't do when normally resting. In and out of the shadows his mind went, giving him such a fright as he had never had before. Raven would have cried out for help had his tongue not been so dry.

He could hear the coversation around him, despite the shadows, though the sounds were distant. He felt Essie clutch his hand and he mustered up his strength and held it back. Forcing open his eyes he looked at Essie.

"He'll be back, Essie...He has to come back..." He said in a small voice before drifting off again.

[Edited on 21/7/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 21, 2007 09:31
(oo, lucky minstral. Have fun)

Essie looked sadly at Raven, she nodded her head when he said that Cyst would be back, but she didn't believe it.
He was a wanderer. Someone who never stayed in one place long.

Essie bit her lip at looked at her other companions. What would they do now?
-------
Cyst was soon coming to Rivendell. He had rested for the night and had continued at a very quick pace.
When he came close he saw an elven rider coming towards him.

Cyst raised his hand to show he meant no harm.
"Hello, my name is Cyst. I need help." Cyst said.

The elf looked at him. He looked to be a very strong elf. He had almost white hair and green eyes. His skin was very fair and he wore robes with rich colors.

"What help do you seek friend?" The elf asked.
Cyst looked relieved. "There is a young elf in Bree who was wounded by a Nazgul blade. I did what I could, but I knew it wasn't enough. Please say you'll come to Bree with me and help the boy." Cyst said.

The elf seemed very disturbed by this. "A young elf you say. What is his name?" He asked.
"Raven is his name. I found him traveling with a couple hobbit maidens and an elf maiden." Cyst explained.

The elf bowed his head. "Raven, so that is where you have gone." He whispered.
"What is your name?" Cyst asked after a moment.

"I am Alyon Eruanno, once follower of Finarfin." Alyon said. He bowed his head.

"I am Cyst of Rohan." Cyst said, also bowing his head.
Then Alyon nodded. "You say the boy is in dire need, we had best make great haste to reach this place." Alyon said.

Cyst smiled and he turned Drimbolt. "Come on Drimbolt, we need to get back to Bree." He said. The horse snorted and then they both charged toward Bree.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 22, 2007 10:09
Raven gasped and shuddered in the throws of the fever. His body trying to fight the poison. In his mind he knew that he was not winning, dark, horrid, nightmares filled his mind. And the young elf often groaned and called out for them to cease.

At one point Raven had laid still, so still that it would seem as if death had taken him already. But Raven was a hardy lad, he fought the despair and the shadows. But he knew he was only delaying the inevitable...if Cyst didn't return soon...

Raven did not notice the others any longer, it was so dark in that little room. Oh how he wished to be outside, beneath the sun where everything was good and green. He wished he were in Rivendell where Master Elrond was, and there was the delightful hall of fire where Raven would go to hear stories of old.

Tuillin chirped and fluttered weakly, saddened to see his ill friend.

OOC: I'm back, but it'll be hard to update Sorry bout all of this.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2007 07:54
Essie looked worriedly at Raven. She felt nervous and scared.
She didn't want to lose her first new friend.
She looked up at Zuleika, hoping she could do something.

"Zuleika, what should we do? I'm not a healer, and I can't do anything important. Can you help Raven?" She asked desperately.
----------
Cyst continued to ride hard towards Bree with Alyon.
Drimbolt could feel his master's urgency and did not slow.
Alyon was worried about Raven. He remembered the day the young lad had wandered off, and now he might be dying.

Foolish boy. He should have stayed in Imladris. Alyon thought.
He had been very fond of the young elf. The way he could communicate with birds was amazing.

Alyon knew Raven had never had parents and maybe that was why he wandered away from home but Alyon would have willingly taken care of Raven if it had been something he wanted.

He sighed, it was no use thinking about the past now. He would have to do his best to save the boy.

Cyst looked over at Alyon. "Only another day's ride. We'll be there soon." Cyst said.
Alyon nodded. He had never been to Bree before. The old elf had been beyond the small town, but he had never entered it.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 25, 2007 09:40
Raven in his dream-filled slumber, walked the passages of time back to Rivendell, his home. He remembered as a youth sitting on a bench overlooking the great water falls. He was reading a small book about something to grand for him to understand. He had heard a chirping nearby, a greeting, and he had looked up.

There in the tree was a lark, and he spoke back to it with glee. He caught some odd looks by the other elves passing by, it was not yet known that he could converse with birds. It was the one study in which Raven had excelled, thanks to Radagast, the kindly old wizard had eventually brought the young elf here to further his studies about his people.

Raven had been sad to leave the old wizard but new knowledge and possibly some new friends made Raven excited to be in Rivendell. But even now he found it hard. He didn't have many friends, if any at all really, they all thought him odd for talking to birds. And his studies weren't as easy as the bird's language was.

Raven put his book off to the side, looking out over the beautiful falls. He wondered at times why he had come. He saw then Alyon approaching him, and Raven immediately smiled, the young elf was always smiling, even if he tripped and hurt himself no tears would flow down his cheeks.

He greeted Alyon warmly, he liked the elf greatly, so he did. But then the vision changed. And he awoke once again to the pain of reality, he wasn't in Rivendell, he was in Bree...dying or something of the like. A tear slipped from the corner of his eye, falling down his cheek, but Raven didn't notice, he just shut his eyes again.

OOC: Ok, I'll be gone tomorrow, and most of the next day probably. I'm heading home now So I'll be back on as soon as possible...stupid jet lag.

[Edited on 27/7/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2007 02:14
(I really don't want this to die! Please continue to post when you have time. and this is still open to more people)

Soon Cyst and Alyon arrived in Bree. They quickly made their way to the inn, the inn keeper was very surprised by the tall elf with the regal air.

Cyst quickly led him into the room. Essie's eyes widened when she saw Cyst, then she ran at him and screamed and punched.

"How dare you leave us the way you did! Raven is going to die!" Essie shouted angrily.
Then Alyon stepped in and Essie fell back, staring in awe at the tall elf with the silver hair and blue eyes.

"Who are you?" Essie asked, her voice was small.
Alyon looked down at her with his piercing gaze.
"My name is Alyon Eruanno. I am known to Raven, and I've come to heal him." Alyon explained.

His voice was deep, but there was a musical quality to his voice that stunned Essie.
Then Alyon walked passed her, ignoring the other two people present in the room.

Cyst saw the glare from Zuleika and he bowed his head, he would explain himself later.

Alyon quietly checked Raven. "Tolo ad o duath Raven."
When he looked at the wound his face was grim.
"He has gone almost too long without aid. It might be too late." Alyon said sadly.

Then he looked back at Raven. "My dear young friend, please stay strong. I will do what I can to help you." Alyon whispered.

Cyst watched, but he could see Alyon would have to be alone to work.
"Come on everyone, let's get another room and leave Alyon to heal Raven." Cyst said.

Essie didn't want to leave, but Cyst grabbed her arm and pulled her away, he also made sure Lilac and Zuleika came as well.

Alyon placed his hand on Raven's brow and began speaking words of healing. He then turned to a salve he had brought and he placed it on the wound.

"Stay strong dear one." Alyon whispered.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 29, 2007 03:21
OOC: Yay! And I'm back Please don't let this die!

IC: Raven was shrouded in shadows, they seemed almost to consume him utterly. But then a light appeared...it cast a gentle warmth over him and seemed to banish the shadows a little. Raven's troubled mind relaxed a little.

He heard a voice...familiar...gentle...it soothed his mind, and though his belly pained him where he had been stabbed there was a gentle touch, and again he felt as if something had lifted from him.

"Stay strong dear one."

Raven heard this clearly and he managed to open his eyes. And the young elf looked into the face of the elder one. Raven smiled weakly.

"Alyon...I thought you were at Rivendell." He said in barely a whisper. "Where is Tuillin? Have you seen him? He was with...Essie...I think." He trailed off, his fever still gripping him tightly.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2007 08:05
Alyon looked at Raven and smiled slightly.
"Your friend, Cyst, came to find me. I would never let a friend die when I know I can help. And I believe Tullin is with the young hobbit." Alyon said.

He soon had the wound cleaned the wrapped. He knew that he would have to stay beside Raven and help him until his fever broke, but he had done everything he really could.
He had even removed a piece of the shard that had penetrated his skin and was very deep in his wound. But Alyon was a fairly skilled healer, and he wanted Raven to return to full health.

"There will always be something different about him." Alyon whispered regretfully.

Alyon sat in a chair beside the bed and he put his hand on Raven's arm.
"Come back from the shadows Raven. Follow the light." Alyon whispered.
-----
Cyst had gotten the group a room next to the room where Alyon and Raven were.
Essie still stared at Cyst with uncertainty, she wasn't sure she trusted him or not.

Essie looked over at the little bird that she was told to watch.
She saw that he was nervous and she touched his little head with her small finger.

"I'm sure Raven will be alright Tuillin. Just relax." Essie whispered.

[Edited on 30/7/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2007 02:15
So help had finally come. Alyon and Raven were in the room opposite of the rest. But was it to late? Would Raven die anyway?

Lilac sat in a chair close to the hearth, contemplating. They had been in Bree for over a week now, and they were starting to attract attention, especially now that Alyon had arrived.

What are two elves, two hobbits, and a man doing in Bree? Essie could almost feel the undercurrent whenever she talked to somebody who was not in the group. Hobbits and men are common sights around here, thought Lilac, But they don't associate. Elves, on the other hand, weren't seen much in Bree , and when the were, they were mostly alone.

She was dragged back to the present as a clap of thunder echoed around the room. It was night. Suddenly a new sound, an angry sound, was added to the collage of noise. A nazgul scream.

The fire seemed to dim and flicker, and she suddenly felt cold on the inside, like the chill that dimmed the light of her soul. She heard moaning from Raven's room. She suddenly started sobbing. Why this? They had set out to find Merry and Pippin, not kill an elf!
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2007 02:49
Alyon looked up when he heard the nazgul scream.
He frowned when he saw Raven in so much pain. He stood and looked out the glass window, he could see the shadows coming toward the inn.

"I would fight, if I was willing to reveal my power in front of these simple people, but that I am not." Alyon said as he continued to watch the shadows.

Then he sat beside Raven. "Don't listen to them Raven, ignore their call." Alyon said, a hint of desperation was in his voice.

Then he took some more of the salve and took off the bandages, he would need new ones now. He quickly put some more salve on the wound and also two leaves of crushed Athelas.
Then he rewrapped the wound and continued to sit beside Raven, trying to coax him back to the world of light.

As he sat there he closed his eyes; the Shadow's presence was near and it made him fear for the ones in the other room and Raven.

When he opened his eyes they shone with anger, his eyes seemed more blue than they had been before.

"Stay with me Raven, don't listen to them. Don't let them take you away. Remember Imladris and all that you have there. Remember your friends and how much they care for you." Alyon said.
----------
Cyst quivered in his boots when he heard the sound of Ringwraiths. They had gotten him into this mess, and he feared them greatly, though he did not show it.

Essie hid under the blankets of the large bed, she was shivering and crying. Cyst sat down on the bed and put his large hand on her shivering body.

"Don't cry Essie, this Elf I brought will be able to heal him. He knows Raven." Cyst said kindly.

Essie pulled the blankets down to show her curly brown hair around her sweet face. She looked very scared and she shook her head.

"It's not that Cyst, I'm scared that the Nazgul are going to take Raven away." Essie said, her voice squeked a little.

Cyst shook his head. "No Essie, they've come for a higher purpose. One that I cannot speak of here, nor will anyone else." Cyst said as he eyed the other two in the room.

Essie wasn't sure what he was talking about, but she nodded and decided to trust him once more.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 30, 2007 05:44
Raven felt warm for the first time in days...though he wasn't aware of time's passage. He laid there in the bed, comfortable, at rest. But his untroubled sleep did not last long. He felt.....the shadow....Raven turned a bit on his bed, his brow furrowing even in sleep.

He heard the Nazgul's scream and cried out himself, terror seizing his heart. Raven laid there trembling and shivering, even in sleep covering his head with his arms. Crying out, almost begging, "No, no! Please don't hurt me! Get away!"

Raven heard Alyon's familiar voice and moved toward's its sound desperately. Indeed at that moment, Raven seemed little more then a horrible, diminished, fragment of an elf. Nearly broken in spirit and mind. His eyes opened and he looked into Alyon's.

"Don't let them get me...please...I don't want to go with them...help me...please." he begged.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 05:41
Alyon was very concerned for Raven. He needed to calm his mind and spirit and help him stay strong.
He began singing softly a song of hope and strength, a song that Raven had heard in Rivendell.

As he sang he could feel a sudden great anger coming from somewhere in the inn. The Nazgul had not found what they wanted, and soon he could sense them leave.

Alyon relaxed, Raven had a chance to survive now.
When he finished the song he could see peace on Raven's face, though he still seemed troubled.

Alyon was very sad to see Raven like this, without his usually smiling face.
"You'll be alright Raven, I know you will." Alyon whispered.
-----------
Cyst sat in a chair in silence, his eyes were closed and he seemed to be asleep, though he was not.
He was thinking of how to get a strange group of people out of Bree without much notice.

"Impossible." He mumbled. Cyst didn't like traveling with these people anymore. He liked being unseen, like a shadow drifting alone in the world.

Essie was still sitting on the bed and clutching the bed covers with her small hands. She didn't feel as scared anymore, but she wanted to see Raven.

Essie slipped out of the bed and crept out of the room. Tuillin was on her shoulder, also longing to see Raven.
She knocked the door to Raven's room with her hand and was answered by the deep voice of Alyon.

She shyly stepped in. As soon as she had closed the door Tuillin flew over to Raven and Essie shyly walked over as well.

"You've come to see how your friend fares, I suppose." Alyon said.

Essie nodded and then looked at Raven.
"Will he be alright?" Essie asked.

Alyon stared at Raven's face. "I do not know, for this is the first time his strength has been pulled to it's limits. He is very young for this to happen, for him to have to struggle to live. I wish he had stayed at Imladris, but this must have been what the Valar wanted for him. His fate." Alyon said, he sounded sad.

Essie frowned. "Than the Valar must be mean to allow this to happen to my friend." Essie said.

Alyon looked up, his blue eyes shone. "No young hobbit, the Valar have no evil in them, save one who I will not mention. But this fate was given to him to test his strength, everyone must be given a test of strength someday, and maybe your's has yet to come, but it shall come. My strength has been tested many times in my long life." Alyon said kindly.

Essie listened and was surprised by his kind voice. She then wished she could ask him to tell her a story about a time when he had to test his strength, but she decided to ask later.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 03:24
The shadows, though long, eventually passed, and a gentle song filled his mind and heart with peace. It reminded him of Rivendell.

Raven fell into an easy sleep, blissfully unaware of his surroundings. He awoke with the sound of two voices, both he recognized: Alyon's and Essie's. He opened his eyes wearily and smiled faintly.

"The shadow is gone?" He half asked half stated. "Is everyone alright? Was anybody hurt?" Raven asked, concerned for his friends well fare. "Cyst brought you here, didn't he, Alyon? I told you he wouldn't leave us." He said to Essie with a small smile.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 03:42
Alyon smiled when he saw Raven wake. "It is gone, and I believe they did not get what they came for." Alyon said.

Essie was so happy to see him alright that she nearly jumped on him, but she saw the gaze of Alyon and changed her mind quickly.

Alyon gently placed his hand on Raven's forehead.
"Your fever has broken. I hope you shall heal well, my friend." Alyon said with a smile. Though inside Alyon worried that Raven would never be the same.

Alyon smiled. "Cyst found him, and I am glad." He said.

After a moment there was another knock and Cyst looked in.
"Good, you're alright." He said. Then he closed the door. He could leave now without feeling ashamed.

Alyon stood and followed after Cyst, he would have to speak to that man.
"Tell me if he becomes ill again Essie." Alyon said.

When he came into the hall he grabbed Cyst's shoulder and turned him around.
"Cyst, you're going to leave now, aren't you?" Alyon said.

Cyst stared. "Why shouldn't I? I have no reason to stay." cyst said.

Alyon shook his head. "You could not leave. Your fate is entwined with their's already." Alyon said wisely.

Cyst folded his arms across his chest. "I am my own master and go where I want. My fate is my own and it is not going to be staying here." Cyst said. Then he stormed away, he refused to stay, especially now.

Alyon bowed his head, his silver hair falling around his face.
Then he looked back up. The young boy was trying to show that he was tough and he wanted to wallow in grief all alone.

Alyon could sense his grief inside. He had lost someone a while ago.
"Poor boy." Alyon mumbled. Then he went back into the room and resumed sitting beside Raven's bed.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 04:25
Lilac stayed quivering, until the Nazgul left. She did not want to admit it, but she had been scared. Really truly scared.

Lilac got up, and walked into the other room. Raven was awake! "Raven! You're awake!" She ran forward. Even if he was awake, he looked terrible. His face was deathly white, and the aurora of comfort that usually surrounded him was gone. "Are you all right?" It was a stupid question, and all it could was cause harm. Anyone could tell Raven was not all right.

Lilac slowly sat herself down in a chair. "Alyon, will he be all right? Does he still have a chance?"

[Edited on 1/8/2007 by elendil2]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 31, 2007 05:27
Raven gave a weak grin in thanks and relief to Alyon. "This is good to know..." He said, his voice was so faint it was hard to hear, but Raven felt better now that the shadow had passed from the area.

He gently took Essie's hand, "Thank you." He said, "To think that I offered to help you, and then you saved me..." He paused, "there is something about you hobbits...you are destined for greater things then what would first appear." Raven said almost dream-like.

Raven was pleased to see Lilac well, if she was a little shaken. Raven couldn't help but laugh at the worry in Lilac's voice. It hurt him to laugh, but he could not help himself.

"Lilac..." he said, gently taking her arm, though his hand and arm shook slightly, "I'm fine...really, I am. Thanks to Alyon,,,and Cyst.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 07:08
Alyon frowned when he heard Raven thanked him and Cyst.
Essie looked around. "Where is Cyst?" She asked.
Alyon looked at her. "He went out." Alyon said.

Essie wondered what was going on. She could sense something in Alyon's voice that she couldn't make out.
Essie smiled at Raven. "I don't think I'm so important, I just wanted to have an adveture." She said.

Alyon could see Raven was getting weary. "You had best leave hobbits, go and rest. I am sure you have not slept at all. And Raven still needs rest." Alyon said.

Essie nodded. She rubbed her eyes and yawned.
"I'll see you at dawn Raven." Essie said as she patted his arm.
Then she slid out of the chair and went back to her room.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 01:22
Lilac believed Raven halfheartedly. She wanted to believe him so much. He might have a chance. But he had a must higher chance of dying. He must live. If they were to have a chance, Raven must be with them.

She sank into the chair.

Alyon could see Raven was getting weary. "You had best leave hobbits, go and rest. I am sure you have not slept at all. And Raven still needs rest." Alyon said.

It was true. She was tired. She got up. opened the door, and went out.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 01:30
Raven smiled as the hobbits departed. He glanced up at Alyon.

"They are good folk...they have much strength in them. I must ask...the one ring...it has been found?" Raven's face was grim, he did not wish for a confromation of this theory.

"I am not sorry I left Rivendell...I would never have met Essie and the others. I am sorry to be such a burden, however. I did not wish for it to happen." He shifted slightly, painfully, as the thought of the shadow made his wound ache.

Raven eventually drifted into slumber. He would find out much later that some of his youthful innocence had gone with the blood that had been spilled from him.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email