Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Passing Shadows. (see occ)
on: August 01, 2007 01:59
Alyon frowned. "Yes young Raven, the Nine are abroad to find it. I fear that the cousin of Essie helps the Ring bearer along. But this news must not be spoken of any longer. Not hear at any rate." Alyon said.

Alyon had a sad look on his face as he looked at Raven sleeping. He sighed, the boy wouldn't be the same. He wouldn't be the care free youth he had been.

"This shouldn't have happened to him. I should have followed him." Alyon said sadly.

Then he stood and looked out the window, dawn was beginning to break and with it a new day, full of danger for them now.

Then something caught his eye. He saw a rider standing in the middle of the road.

"Cyst, do not make a choice you will regret." Alyon whispered as he stared intently at the figure.

Cyst looked around and then up at the window Alyon looked out from. He saluted and spurred his horse to a canter and made his way out.

Alyon bowed his head. "I fear he shall find danger on his road now that he is alone. We shall have to try and find him." Alyon said. He sounded disappointed.
--------
Cyst rode hard. He wanted to get far away from this place, though he felt guilty for leaving already.
But danger was following him as Alyon had predicted. Two men from Bree, evil men.

When Cyst stopped to eat some food the two men showed themselves. He stood quickly and began to pull out his sword but one had a arrow notched already and the other already had his blade shining.

"Don't go for your weapon or we'll be forces to kill you." The man with the blade warned.

Cyst's hand dropped to his side. "What do you want with me?" He asked.

"We have reason to believe you have something to do with the movment of the Ring." The man with the blade said.

"I have nothing to do with that." Cyst said firmly.
The second man laughed. "Than what were you hiding in the secret rooms of the inn at Bree? You brought a kingly looking elf to perhaps help you carry the burden." The second man said.

Cyst's eyes widened. "No, you mistake us." Cyst said.
The first man shook his head. "No, we never make too many mistakes. We have been watching you for a long time. We can't have you around. And once we've finished with you we'll kill the others and claim the treasure and give it to the Dark Lord!" The first said triumphantly.

Cyst knew he wouldn't be able to get out of this one.
He pulled out his blade and attacked, but didn't succeed.
The second man shot the arrow and it hit Cyst's back.
The other man lunged with his sword, but Cyst managed to duck.

Cyst lifted his sword, though it pained him, and for his last moments of consciousness he cut the sword hand off the first man.
He cried out and glared at Cyst who had now fallen to the ground.

"Beat him senseless, break every bone in his body!" The first man shouted angrily.

"We don't have time to break all his bones. Lets beat him and get rid of his body in the river." The second man said.

The first man liked this and they continued the beating.
Once Cyst was throughly bloody they dragged his body to a nearby river, but before they could toss him in they heard something and fled in fear, leaving Cyst half way in the river, his legs being pulled by the currant. It would only be a matter of time before he was pulled down the rushing river.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 01, 2007 02:30
When next Raven awoke he felt much recovered if stiff and sore. He sat up in his bed, taking a long drink from the water canteen that had been left on the table.

He looked over to where Alyon stood, and indeed he wondered if he should ever be as wise or noble as him. Raven had felt something akin to envy back in Rivendell, though he had done his best to conceal it. All others were able to be merry for they had many things. Raven had nothing.

Breaking these cheerless thoughts Raven rose weakly to his feet and moved over to where Alyon was. He leaned against the wall, looking out the window onto the street below.

"Hannon le, Alyon, you saved my life. I must find Cyst...I have to thank him also. Have you seen where he is? Is he in the tavern below?" Raven said with a warm smile, but his smile was tempered with pain.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 07:23
Alyon frowned and shook his head. "Cyst has left. He claimed he was his own master and could leave when he wished." Alyon said.

Then he turned to Raven. "He is going to get himself in trouble. His fate is bound with ours. We have to find him as soon as we can. You can ride my horse." Alyon said.

Then Essie walked into the room, she felt much rested.
"I overheard the plan. I'll get the others." Essie said.

Alyon grabbed Raven's arm. "Raven, are you sure you are well enough?" He asked. He stared into his eyes.
-----------
Cyst let out a moan. He felt like he had been run over by the Rohirrim. His legs felt cold, and he wasn't sure why at first, but then he heard the rushing river.

He gripped the ground with bloody fingers and attemted to pull the lower half of his body from the river.
Every movement caused extreme agony. Blood dripped into his eyes from a wound on his forehead.

"Drim?" He called weakly. He heard a faint whinny but the horse did not come.
Then Cyst's heart began to pound. Had those men took his best friend from him?

"Drimbolt! Drimbolt come back!" He shouted. Then he felt dizzy and passed out again.

Drimbolt was being taken by the evil men, but Drimbolt was not cooperating. He was bucking and kicking and biting. Trying to get free from these evil men and return to his master.

The men were irritated and they attempted to use a whip on him, but it only made him more fierce. A whip had never been used on the large horse before, and he knew anyone who would cause him pain was evil.

[Edited on 2/8/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 12:43
Raven's face fell into a look of sorrow and worry. "We have to go after him. You're right, he will get into trouble." Raven stood shakily, stumbling slightly.

Raven looked into Alyon's eyes in return. His jaw tightened slightly, "I have to be." He said grimly, "Cyst saved my life, he got me here...I have to help him if he's in trouble." Raven said with a calm that betrayed his worried face.

Raven broke away from Alyon and stumbled towards the door. "It would be best if I purchesed my own horse. But I fear that there will be few to be had in this town. Will you aide me in getting one?" He asked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 01:36
Alyon followed after him, taking his arm and helping him walk.
"Of course I will Raven, though an elven horse would be better than any human horse here." Alyon said.

Soon Essie came out with her bag slung over her shoulder. She looked worriedly at Raven, but she knew he would be alright with Alyon.

Soon they had perchased a horse and were on the road again. Alyon wasn't sure where Cyst had gone, but he sure they would be able to find his trail.
Alyon had also been sure that Zuleika had bought a horse of her own. Essie rode with him, which made her a little nervous.

People stared as this strange group paraded down the street. Elves and hobbits, a very odd combination.
Alyon took no notice of them and spurred his mighty horse to a trot and made his way out of this place.
-----------
Cyst woke again. He found that the lower half of his body was still submerged and he was very cold and uncomfortable now.
He felt the water pulling at him, wanting to drag him in but he clung to the grassy ground around him.

"Drim....please don't take my only friend." Cyst whispered.
Then he felt another tug from the river and his body was pulled a little farther in.

He heard another loud whinny, but still so far away.
"They're killing him...." Cyst whispered angrily.
But then something caught his leg, a piece of drifting log or something and he was pulled away fromthe shore and into the fast moving river.

Cyst tried to keep his head up, but his body hurt everywhere and he felt like he was breathing fire into his lungs for they burned with each breath.

He struggled to remain conscious, he knew he could not drown with Drimbolt out there being beaten by some evil men.
He grabbed a log that was floating beside him and held onto it.

Eventually he saw a sloped shore and made his way toward that. It was painful but soon he was gripping the shore again. His golden wavy locks looked brown because of being submerged in the water.

When he came on shore he collasped. "I'm coming Drim." He whispered. He pushed himself up, took one step and collasped again, and this time he would not wake, unless aid came to him.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 02:38
Raven was pleased with the horse that Alyon had gotten for him. The large dun mare was gentle and steady, and for Raven this was what he needed. He still shook with the affects of the nazgul poison. A chill still held a firm grasp about his heart.

Raven though weak kept a steady vigilance, looking for any sign of Cyst. But it wasn't his eyes that spotted anything. It was Tuillin, who flew from the trees in a desperate panic.

"Help, the rohan horse. Help." The little bird chirped.

Raven perked up immediately, "Cyst's horse...Drimbold...he is near." He said aloud.

Raven turned the dun mare in the direction that Tuillin flew in. His haste was tempered with caution, and he waited for the others to catch up.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 02:52
Alyon looked up when Raven spoke. He quickly went in that direction and he saw ahead a large horse rearing up on its hind legs and trying to be free from the bonds men were putting on him.

"An animal as beautiful as himself should not be treated so." Alyon said.
Essie held on tightly as Alyon spurred his horse to a gallop and came to the men.

The two men quivered with fear and fled at the sight of the angered elf.
Alyon dismounted, leaving Essie in the saddle, and walked over to Drimbolt.

The horse backed away at first, he wanted to be with his master only, but soon the sweet words that came from Alyon attracted him and he approached.

"I hope you were not hurt badly friend." Alyon said as he took the ropes from his neck. He patted the dapple grey.
"Now, can you lead me to Cyst?" Alyon asked.

Drimbolt nodded his mighty head and then galloped off in the direction he had last seen Cyst.
Alyon swiftly mounted and charged after Drimbolt.
He glanced back many times to see if he needed to slow for Raven.

Finally Drimbolt stopped at a river and stood before it, whimpering and pawing the ground with his large hooves.
Alyon dismounted and looked around for any sign. He eventually saw blood on the river bank, that was not a good sign.

"Those men did something to him. He might be dead. I think they threw him in the river. If we follow the river we should find Cyst." Alyon said.

This time he mounted Drimbolt and his horse followed obediently with Essie on top. She looked around with wide eyes, not very sure of the situation.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 05:03
Raven followed silently behind Alyon. He watched the great horse with eagerness. He could, would, lead them all to Cyst. He galloped the dun mare after Alyon and Drimbolt.

Raven kept pace with Alyon, waving the older elf on ahead. His hope nearly broke when they came to the river, but Raven followed still the noble rohan steed. His fear for the rohan man only increased as they road.

Raven bent over the mare's neck. He hurt and ached all over but he refused to stop. "Noro Lim." He whispered to the mare. The mare responded by quickening her step. Though she could never outrun so noble a steed as Alyon's, or the Rohan stallion, she kept pace easily with Raven's encouragement.

Raven galloped closer to the river's bank. Not knowing if he would find anything. But then he saw a figure...lying amidst the rocks of the river. Just up on shore. Raven gave a cry, dismoutning even as the mare slowed.

He groaned and stumbled as his feet touched the rocks. He half-ran, half stumbled as he went towards the form lying there, knowing that it was Cyst.

"Alyon...it is Cyst! He needs aide!"
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 02, 2007 08:49
Forgive me for interrupting but have Elendil_2 (who plays Lilac) and Marnalossiel (who plays Zuleika) dropped out of this thread? If they are still part of it, elfmaiden and minstral, you two have rushed on, leaving them completely behind and made it almost impossible for them to catch up.

May I advise you, before you go any further, to pm the two missing members and ask them if they wish to continue, just as a matter of courtesy, something you are both lacking right now.

Thank you
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 03, 2007 05:36
OOC: Sorry I'm not posting as much. I've been very very busy. I will try to post a lot tomorrow. I have no time to write now. Sorry.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 05:28
(I pmed Marnalossiel and waited a week but there has been no response. I pmed her again and still no response. I'll keep this going slow for elendil2, but if Marnalossiel doesn't PM I suppose she has dropped out)

Alyon looked up when he heard Raven's cry. He rushed over, his elven horse following him and Drimbolt also rushing ahead.
Alyon knelt beside Cyst, he had a grim look on his face.

Essie was right beside them, watching with worry.
"I warned him. He's wounds are bad, but perhaps my healing skills will help him." Alyon said.

He lifted Cyst and carried him away from the river's edge and laid him on some soft grass. He had many wounds from being beaten, but he wasn't dead.
Drimbolt stood faithfully beside his master, refusing to move away.

Alyon first cleaned all the wounds and then bathed the wounds with warm water that athelas had been in.
Cyst moaned when he felt the warm water in his wounds, but there was a warmth that comforted him.

"He'll be alright. Thankfully we found him now, any later and it would have been too late." Then Alyon turned to Raven.
"And as for you, Raven, you must rest now. I'll be checking you next." Alyon said.

Essie sat beside Raven watching with her wide brown eyes.
"I shouldn't have left home. I've made a mess of everything." Essie said sadly.

Then she remembered what Alyon had said to her last night.

"Everyone has to test their strength. Maybe your time is coming soon young hobbit."

Essie wasn't sure she wanted to test her strength, but he said everyone had to, so she guessed it was better to test your strength among friends rather than being alone.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 05:39
OOC: I am going on a trip on Wednesday. Will be back Sunday night.

"Alyon...it is Cyst! He needs aide!"

Lilac ran towards Cyst. She felt his pulse, and it was very weak.

"I don't know if he'll make it," She said to Raven, "Alyon, How fast can we get back to Bree?"

They were on the road in minutes, after Cyst's wounds had been attended to as they could best do. She walked beside the mare Cyst and Raven were on, making sure nobody fell off.

[Edited on 6/8/2007 by elendil2]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 06:10
Raven rolled his eyes at Alyon, but knew better then to argue. He looked at Essie, her words made him feel awful, he knew that wasn't true.

"Essie, it isn't your fault, you must realize this. Things happen, for good or ill, they happen. You can't put the blame on your shoulders. If I hadn't been foolish I wouldn't have gotten hurt. If Cyst hadn't left he would be fine. And if you hadn't run when you had we would never have found Cyst and saved my life. You are not to blame for our misfortuens. If anything you are to blame for helping us through them. Take heart, Essie, you are stronger then you think."

Raven smiled, embracing the little Hobbit. "Cheer up." He said. "When we get to Rivendell everything should get easier. If nothing else it should get better. We will find your cousin there probably. Oh...that's right. Alyon, back in Rivendell did you happen to encounter any hobbits. There would have been four of them, Mr.Bilbo not withstanding."

They walked back towards Bree, it would take them a while since they were moving two injured parties. Raven, felt better from his ordeal. But still his hands shook, and his vision was dimmed, the wound in his belly ached as he rode. He didn't let onto this, though. It wouldn't be good for the others to worry about him. Cyst needed more help then he.

Tuillin flew alongside Raven, gently landing on his friend's shoulder. He chirped a little, then dozed off. Raven smiled, cradling the little swallow in one of his hands. The little bird warmed his fingers a little, and warmed his heart greatly.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 09:24
(Guys, we need to be heading toward Rivendell, not back to Bree. They stop at Weather Top on the way and maybe find clues about the hobbits there.)

Essie smiled with tears in her eyes. "Thank you Raven. Sometimes I feel so small and useless." Essie said. She wiped away her tears with the back of her small dirty hand.

Alyon looked up at Raven. "No, I did not see any hobbits in Imladris save Bilbo." Alyon said.

Then the young hobbit Lilac suggested moving back to Bree and Alyon pondered this.
"No, it wouldn't be wise. People there already think we're a strange group and I would rather move on." Alyon said.

Then he mounted his elven steed and made sure Cyst and Raven were alright. He grabbed Essie's arm and pulled her onto his horse.

"We continue on. We may stop at a place called Amon Sul, or Weather Top. There we will rest." Alyon said.

Then he spurred his great horse to a canter and took the lead.
Drimbolt followed beside Raven's mare, keeping close behind the elven horse.
Drimbolt wished he could ride beside the great horse, but restrained himself. He knew he carried his wounded master and he didn't want him to be hurt anymore.

The horse tried to keep his movements steady and fluid.
Cyst moaned as he sat. He didn't feel well and his head swam. He could see colors floating about in his vision. He couldn't make anything out. It was like he was staring at a world under water.

Then he felt the muscles of his horse moving beneath him and he wondered how long he could stay seated. He gripped Drimbolt's dark mane and leaned on his neck. He was too weak to hold himself up in the saddle anymore.

Essie looked back and saw how unwell Cyst was.
"Alyon, we need to stop. Cyst will fall if he rides alone." Essie said.
Alyon looked back and slowed his stallion with a single word.
Then he dismounted and gently lowered the man from his horse.

"He can ride with me. Essie, can you ride alone?" Alyon asked.

Essie looked up at the massive dapple grey and trembled. She would have to ride the huge Rohan stallion alone? She had never ridden any kind of animal alone except her pony which was back in Buckland.

"Yes, I can do it." Essie said. This was a moment to prove her bravery and strength. One of the many moments she would have to prove it.

Alyon lifted Essie into the saddle and she gripped the pommel. Her eyes were wide and she felt a little nervous but she was ready.

Once Alyon had mounted his horse with Cyst he spurred him to a canter and they took off again. With a lurch Drimbolt chased after the white horse that carried his master. Essie gripped the saddle pommel tighter, but soon she felt comfortable on Drimbolt's back and her grip lessened.

She began to enjoy the ride and smiled as the wind hit her face and blew her tight curls. She had proved she could ride a large horse and not be afraid.

"Maybe I am braver than I thought." Essie whispered.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 06, 2007 02:11
Raven rode quietly beside Cyst. Keeping a worrying eye on the Rohan man. He was weak, this Raven could sense, if not see outright. He did look like he was about to fall over.

The dun mare stopped when the others stopped, Raven didn't even have to cue her. And Raven watched in silence as Alyon took Cyst before him, and put Essie on Drimbolt.

He couldn't help but smile at Essie as she got on the Rohan steed's back. She looked almost terrified, but so determined to be brave.

"You are, mellon nin, you are." Raven said in answer to her whisper.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2007 05:12
Alright, they were going to Rivendell now. She decided to jog for a while, since the horses were taken up. She didn't want to trouble them.

So she jogged. She didn't tire easily, having built up stamina in the shire.

After a while, she decided to run ahead. She passed the group, and topped a rise. There, in the distance was Weathertop.

She ran back to the group. "Weathertop," she announced, "We should be able to get there by nightfall."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2007 05:28
Alyon halted the group when they came to the crest of the hill.
"Let us take a moment to rest here. We can eat, but do not build a fire now. I intend to make sure Raven and Cyst are doing well." Alyon said as he dismounted.

He brought Cyst down and laid him on the grass. He concentrated on his wounds, but found them to be healing nicely.

"You should be alright in a few days Cyst. The wounds might hurt for a while, but they'll heal." Alyon said.

Cyst moaned in answer, he felt as if he had fallen from a mountain and been thrown among rocks all the way down.

Then Alyon stood to check Raven but saw Essie still sitting on top of Drimbolt. she looked frightened.
"Do you need help down, little bird?" Alyon asked with a smile.

Essie nodded and Alyon walked over and took her in his arms and placed her on the ground.
Essie was very thankful to feel ground under her feet again.
She walked over and sat by Cyst and opened her pack. She pulled out some cheese and bread. The bread was hard, but she ate it anyway.

Once Alyon had checked Raven he stood. "You are looking well, but I advise you to take it easy still. The wound is healing, but you know as well as I that things won't be the same for you again." Alyon said in a low voice. He sounded very solemn.

As Drimbolt stood beside the white elven horse he became restless. He wanted to be by his Rohirric master and so he walked over and laid down on the ground beside him, careful not to lay on top of him.

Cyst opened his eyes slightly and saw this and smile.
He dragged himself closer to his friend and leaned against his warm body.

"You helped them find me, didn't you Drimbolt?" Cyst whispered.

The horse tossed his large head. Cyst smiled. "I was worried about you, but I guess you can take better care of yourself than I thought." Cyst said. Then he closed his eyes and fell back asleep.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 07, 2007 04:10
Raven ate little, he was hungry but there was to much on his mind to focus on food. Alyon checked his wound, and his answer didn't surpise him in the least.

"You are looking well, but I advise you to take it easy still. The wound is healing, but you know as well as I that things won't be the same for you again."

Raven nodded almost sadly. "It never was easy...one way or another. Perhaps this is for the best." He said softly, resting his head on his arms.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 08, 2007 05:29
Soon Alyon roused them all. "We need to keep moving. Weather Top is a safer place for us to stay." Alyon said.

Alyon lifted Essie to ride Drimbolt again but Cyst raised his hand in protest. "I can ride him now." He assured him.
Alyon looked at him. "Are you sure?" He asked.

Cyst nodded and slowly stood to his feet. "Then you can ride with me Essie." Alyon said as he placed her on his horse.
Alyon mounted behind her but didn't move until he saw that Cyst was safely in the saddle.

Then he spurred his horse to a canter and they took off.
Essie was much happier riding with Alyon. His arms were at her sides to prevent her from falling, and that made her feel much better.

Cyst was still bent over in the saddle, but Drimbolt barely noticed. Cyst's chest heaved as he took in deep breaths of air. Other than some pain he was feeling alright. He figured that his ribs got battered the most because it hurt to breathe in deeply.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2007 06:48
OOC: Sorry I've been away

IC: Raven was grateful to leave Weathertop. He didn't like it much, it felt very exposed. He was worryed for Cyst. The man still looked weak and sickly. Raven felt better, but a gloom held over him like the shadows in the evening. He wished that he were safey back in Rivendell with a good book and a good meal.

The young elf road alongside Cyst, the dun mare keeping pace dutifully. Raven figured he should find a name for her but could not think of any at the moment. He would come up with one later. When the sun was shining again and all was warmer. Why did it have to be so cold?
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2007 04:56
OOC: Are we going to have a few posts at Weathertop, or no...? BTW, Elfmaiden, can I introduce a new character(an elf) some time soon? Sorry, I can't really post this week, I have camp until Saturday. I'll try to post some however.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 01:10
(Yes, I would like to have a few posts while they're on Weather Top, so minstral if you could edit your post that would be great, because when they were sleeping that night they were not on Weather Top, they were stopping because of Cyst. You can bring in another character, just don't forget Lilac)

Soon they had arrived at Weather Top. It was a dark and dreary day. Rain had been drizzling and the sun barely showed through the grey clouds. Cyst was still not feeling well, though he tried to push himself a little farther each day.

Weather Top loomed before them and Alyon watched it intently with his striking blue eyes. Essie was also looking at the large hill that stood out.

"What was it before Alyon?" Essie asked.
Alyon was quiet for a moment. "It was a watch tower for the Men of the Westernesse." Alyon said simply, he didn't seem to want to continue the conversation so Essie didn't push him.

When they arrived at Weather Top they made a small camp. Cyst was helped down from Drimbolt and then he was told to continue resting. Alyon was still a little concerned about him. He knew men sometimes got fevers when they were wounded badly, he hoped this was not the case with Cyst.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 04:37
OOC: For the Elvish phrases: HERE

Aranel Calaelen loped along through the Trollshaws, near Weathertop. He was on a mission from Lord Elrond to warn passing travelers of the danger. Nazgul had been seen!

Lord Elrond had told him that there was immediate danger for travelers passing through the River Loudwater. The Nazgul had been washed away at the Ford, and were now somewhere south of the place.

He was going to go to Weathertop, and stay there until travelers came along, then escort them to Rivendell.

He arrived at Weathertop late in the afternoon on the next day. Sounds were emanating from the hollow near the top.

He stalked up the slopes, quiet as a mouse. He reached the top. There were travelers, of unusual sorts. Two halflings, a Rohir, and two elves, one of whom he recognized as Alyon, whom he walked up to. "Suilad, hir nin Alyon."

Translation(s): "Suliad, hir nin Alyon." = "Greetings, my lord Alyon." (Use of 'my lord' is intended as a sign of respect.)

[Edited on 15/8/2007 by elendil2]

[Edited on 15/8/2007 by BerethEdhellen]

[Edited on 17/8/2007 by elendil2]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2007 05:10
OOC: Sorry, I'll have to edit my post later. I'm having real comuter troubles

IC: Raven lay asleep on weathertop. He shivered where he lay, though it was not a fever, it was more of a chill then anything. A fear of the shadows. Raven knew he had been touched by something awful.

Raven woke to find another there, an elf he recognized only from appearance, he had seen him around Rivendell, but Raven had not approached him at all. Raven laid there silently, watching from the corner of his eyes sleepily.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 01:24
(don't worry too much about it minstral)

Alyon looked over and saw Aranel. He approached him and greeted him. "Suilad Aranel. What brings you from Imladris?" Alyon asked. He waited for his reply but then he noticed Raven shivering.

Essie had seen it to and she was already by his side and she put an entra blanket over him. "Are you alright Raven?" She asked.

Cyst was still asleep, but was beginning to wake as he felt a sunlight on his face. A air was still cold and the light seemed to have no heat. He sat up and found he was feeling sick, he was too tired to do anything so he laid back down.

Alyon paused as he watched Cyst. "Hold on a moment Aranel, I need to check his wounds, this man was badly wounded." Alyon said. He knelt beside Cyst and checked his wounds. They seemed to be healing alright but Cyst was still noy looking well, in fact it looked as if he was getting a fever.

"We need to get to Imladris. Cyst won't last long out in the wild if he's ill." Alyon said. He made Cyst ride with him again and put Essie atop Drimbolt.

"Aranel, I know you have come here for a different purpose, and probably one of more importance, but will you help us reach Imladris? If enemies come upon us we shall be overrun for only I can wield a sword at this time." Alyon said. He waited for Aranel's reponse as he tried to keep Cyst upright in the saddle.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 04:51
"Alyon, the danger is of more consequence than it has been in a millennium. The Nine are abroad, disguised as riders in black. The Ring has been found."

He waited for the news to sink in. "I will accompany you to Imladris, because you travel with halflings. All of you, especially the halflings, are now in grave danger. We can stay here tonight, but no longer."

He turned to Raven. "Well, young Raven, I have not seen you in many years. Ai, gerich naergon nín. You are injured." He knelt beside Raven. "Goheno nin..." He opened the bandages to see the wound.

Upon laying his eyes on the flesh, he jerked back. "You have been wounded by a Morgul knife." He turned to Alyon. "E ú-'ar hired râd. Nae, there is no time to camp. We must reach Imladris soon. Very soon, if Raven is to survive."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lilac started when an elf walked up to them. She had not heared anything beforehand. The elf was tall, with jet black hair. In general, he had a striking appearance, but looked kind.

Translation(s): "Ai, gerich naergon nín." = "Ah, you have my expression of deep regret."
"Goheno nin..." = " Forgive me..."
"E ú-'ar hired râd." = "He is not able to find a way."
"Nae," = "Alas,"

[Edited on 16/8/2007 by elendil2]

minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2007 04:21
Raven looked up at the elf, confused for he had little recollection of him at all.

"Ú-chenion...Man le? Im naer, I do not recall you at all." He said quietly. He did feel a little ashamed. But curiosity also welled in his heart.

"You have been wounded by a Morgul knife." He turned to Alyon. "E ú-'ar hired râd. Nae, there is no time to camp. We must reach Imladris soon. Very soon, if Raven is to survive."

"Nay! Be at ease, please. The worst is past, I am in no grave danger now, please, Cyst needs more help then I. Avo 'osto. I shall be fine." Raven said almost pleadingly.

He smiled at Essie as she covered him with a blanket, grateful, but his eyes fluttered shut as cold and sleep took their tole on him. He wished to stay strong for the others, he didn't want them to worry, but his eyes were so heavy! And it was cold. The shadows only could grow longer, and it saddened him to no longer be able to hear Tuillin's sweet voice.

Tuillin hopped about saddly, chirping slighty. Why was his friend so quiet? Was he still sick? Tuillin looked to the other elves for answers, knowing that they probably knew more then he did. But he could not speak with them. Only Raven had been able to out of all the group.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 01:37
Essie was very sad to see Tuillin so distressed about Raven's state, but she felt the same way. She didn't know what to do, this was all foreign to her. Of course she had treated simple illnesses that her siblings back in the Shire had gotten, but nothing like this.

Essie let Tuillin hop into her finger. "I feel the same way you do Tuillin. I don't know what to do." She whispered sadly.

Alyon listened to Aranel and nodded. "I realize that the Nine are abroad my friend. For Raven was cut by one. I agree that we must leave, but first we must be sure that Cyst can travel." Alyon said wisely.

Cyst was falling in and out of sleep. He felt very warm and very ill. He could hear Drimbolt let out a whinny, but he felt too sick to move. Suddenly he could hear something in his mind and he saw his village burning in a dream. It was his village.

"No!" He cried. Alyon turned when he saw Cyst thrashing about. He rushed over to him and checked him quickly. He had a grim look on his face.

"It is as I feared. He has a fever and now he's having fever dreams." Alyon said.

Cyst could see everything. His village was burning and so was his house. The orcs had charged through and were burning it. The rise of Sauron was becoming known. Cyst ran into his burning house to try and rescue his family, he could see his two younger sisters pinned against a wall because of flames.

He ran to them. "Geongan! Mearu! Where is Mama and Papa and Sigor?" He shouted above the flames as he made his way closer.

"Mama and Papa were upstairs and Sigor was killed." Geongan, the oldest of the two girls, said.

Cyst was greatly disturbed by this news but he wouldn't allow them to die. As he crept closer he heard a loud crack and suddenly a huge beam of wood fell and it pinned Cyst's arm to the burning floor. He couldn't move and all he could hear was his sister's scream and slowly they faded away.

"No! Geongan I'm coming! Don't die, please, I'm sorry! Mearu, hold on!" Cyst shouted as he thrashed around.

Alyon tried to calm him but he could see that this young man was deeply hurting because of something.
"We need to calm him. This fever might take his life if we can't do anything." Alyon said seriously.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 02:08
If the chill that had plauged his body had put him to sleep, Cyst's scream woke him. Raven glanced over to where Cyst lay thrashing and screaming. Raven pushed himself up on his elbows, and wearily moved closer to Cyst.

Raven was no healer, but he knew at the very least he had to calm Cyst or he would hurt himself without knowing it. Raven gently cradled Cyst, and he spoke to him softly.

"It's ok, Cyst, shhh. Come back to us, friend, don't let these dreams trouble you. Hush now."

Unknowing what else to say he sang in a quiet voice a lullaby he had learned.

"Sleep little lamb,
Let your dreams take wings,
And fly to the heavans, where the willows weap,
Do not be troubled in sleep.

Sleep little one,
And let your mind rest at ease,
I'll stay here by your bed,
Until you fall asleep.

Hush, hush,
Let the song of night fill your mind,
They sing to you: goodnight, goodnight,
Have no fear, I'll be by your side, forevermore."
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 05:36
"Ai, Raven, Aranel Calaelen i eneth nín." Aranel said.

"Nay! Be at ease, please. The worst is past, I am in no grave danger now, please, Cyst needs more help then I. Avo 'osto. I shall be fine." Raven said almost pleadingly.

"Avo bedo! You do not understand!" He stopped his outburst. "Im naer. Goheno nin, but you do not understand. You have been stabbed by a Nazgul, and if we cannot reach the healers of Imladris quickly, you will succumb to their wishes, and pass into the wraith-world. I can slow the process, but only slow it."

Cyst was falling in and out of sleep. He felt very warm and very ill. He could hear Drimbolt let out a whinny, but he felt too sick to move. Suddenly he could hear something in his mind and he saw his village burning in a dream. It was his village.

"No!" He cried. Alyon turned when he saw Cyst thrashing about. He rushed over to him and checked him quickly. He had a grim look on his face.

"It is as I feared. He has a fever and now he's having fever dreams." Alyon said.

Cyst could see everything. His village was burning and so was his house. The orcs had charged through and were burning it. The rise of Sauron was becoming known. Cyst ran into his burning house to try and rescue his family, he could see his two younger sisters pinned against a wall because of flames.

He ran to them. "Geongan! Mearu! Where is Mama and Papa and Sigor?" He shouted above the flames as he made his way closer.

"Mama and Papa were upstairs and Sigor was killed." Geongan, the oldest of the two girls, said.

Cyst was greatly disturbed by this news but he wouldn't allow them to die. As he crept closer he heard a loud crack and suddenly a huge beam of wood fell and it pinned Cyst's arm to the burning floor. He couldn't move and all he could hear was his sister's scream and slowly they faded away.

"No! Geongan I'm coming! Don't die, please, I'm sorry! Mearu, hold on!" Cyst shouted as he thrashed around.

Alyon tried to calm him but he could see that this young man was deeply hurting because of something.
"We need to calm him. This fever might take his life if we can't do anything." Alyon said seriously.

Aranel rushed over to Cyst. "We must leave now, if either of them is to make it." He stood. "Aphado nin, avo visto. Let us run!"

Translation(s): "Ai, Raven, Aranel Calaelen i eneth nin." = "Ah, Raven, my name is Aranel Calaelen."
"Avo bedo!" = "Do not speak!"
"Im naer. Goheno nin," = "I'm sorry. Forgive me,"
"Aphado nin, avo visto." = "Follow me, and do not stray."

ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 06:10
Alyon listened to his friend, and he knew haste was needed, but he worried that the journey might hurt Cyst more.
"It is still far to Imladris, and not all of us will be riding elven horses." Alyon pointed out.

But as he watched Raven singing softly to Cyst he wasn't sure what to think. He was still very worried about Raven, and now Cyst was ill.

"We had better keep moving. Aranel is right Raven." Alyon said. Then he took Cyst and helped him onto his own white horse and then mounted behind him. Alyon had helped Essie mount Drimbolt.

"We need to move, this place is too noticeable." Alyon said. Then he spurred his horse to a canter and he held Cyst in front of him. He was concerned that he might be hurting, but he couldn't do anything now.

Essie was very worried. The words of the new elf had alarmed her greatly. He said Raven was still very ill and would pass into a Wraith-world, but what was that? It was bad, but if he had to go there couldn't they take him back?
And what kind of fever dreams was Cyst having? Bad obviously, but was this really a dream or a reminder of something that had happened before.

It was too much for Essie to think about.

Meanwhile Cyst was still having nightmares. He could hear his sister's crying out to them but he couldn't save them. He had always regretted the fact that he hadn't rescued anyone during that attack on the Rohirric village. Once he had become well he vowed never to return until he had rescued other people from the claws of Sauron's beasts.
His left hand was actually black from having been burned really badly by the beam that had fallen. But he always kept a glove on that hand so no one could see it, little did he know his past would soon be revealed.

After a long time Cyst went silent. He had fallen into deeper sleep where no dreams lie, but he could still hear Geongan calling to him from far away and telling him Mearu was dead, and everyone else too.

"We need to hurry, our time is limited." Alyon shouted over the thundering hooves.

(Cyst's hand will be revealed in Rivendell while Elrond is healing him and he'll tell them, I'll be playing Elrond. Once they reveal his hand in Rivendell they can ask him about his past)
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 11:54
Raven could only nod at Alyon and Aranel's words. He didn't want to admit to becoming a wraith. He didn't feel so bad, only cold. Raven helped get Cyst on the horse and then got on the Dun Mare wearily.

He motioned to Essie, smiling at her gently, "Some adventure we have landed in, is it not. Do not fear, Master Elrond shall take care of Cyst. He is a wise, and great healer. Do not fear, little friend."

Raven rode alongside the others, his head and heart were heavy and he worried greatly for Cyst. Anarel had frightened the young elf with his words of doom. Though perhaps it was a good thing to be scared. Raven didn't like it. But it was probably necessary.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: August 16, 2007 04:03
Ladies,

I would like to point out that not all our members understand any of the Elvish languages. You are welcome to use them in your posts however we would request that you put translations at the bottom of each post.

Thank you.
RPG Moderators
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2007 02:38
(where did everyone go?)

Alyon pushed them ahead. They would have to reach Imladris soon, or else they might lose Raven and Cyst.
Essie was very concerned about all that was happening, and scared. All she had wanted was to find her cousin and perhaps have a little adventure, but now she wanted to be back home.

"I suppose I should be careful what I wish for next time." Essie said softly.

Alyon turned his head. "Do not worry, we shall be safe in Rivendell. You will have noting to fear there." Alyon assured her. Essie nodded, but still couldn't help being a little scared.

Cyst was still out of it. He would shiver every once in a while, but he felt too tired and weak to wake up.
Drimbolt sensed his master's pain and he was very upset. He rode as close as he could to the white horse.
Essie patted Drimbolt' shoulder. "Don't worry Drimbolt, Cyst will be alright." Essie whispered.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2007 03:51
OOC: Thanks for posting, Elfmaiden! Could we keep this traveling part short, unless you guys have anything in mind? Sorry I can't post more, I have to clean.

Aranel ran through the tall grasses after Weathertop. They should reach the Trollshaws soon, if all was in their favor.The wind whistled through the grasses, carrying the sharp sent of fir cones along with it. They were nearing the forest. They had passed the River Hoarwell that morning, so they should be close.

"Alyon, na vedui! The Trollshaws!" Finally the forest lay on the horizon, a dark band across the plains.

Translation(s): "Alyon, na vedui!" = "Alyon, at last!"

[Edited on 5/9/2007 by elendil2]
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email