Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Passing Shadows. (see occ)
on: September 04, 2007 04:29
Raven wished he was in Rivendell. What he wouldn't give at that moment to be sitting in the hall of fire. Or maybe reading a book in the library. It would certainly be better then drifting out here, sickly, and with others very ill as well, and scared...Raven hadn't wanted this.

He did not regret leaving Rivendell, it had been lonely there. But he had to admit that he missed the warm halls.

OOC: I'm sorry for the short post.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2007 02:32
(yeah, we can cut the traveling short. I'll bring them into Rivendell now. And remember elendil, we need translations for the elvish because not everyone understands. Thanks!)

Alyon rode as fast as he could. He saw the Trollshaws ahead and knew they would be to Rivendell soon.
"Ai, thank the Valar." Alyon whispered under his breath. He pulled Cyst up when he started to lean forward. He hoped this traveling wouldn't take much longer.

Essie gripped the pommel of the saddle. Fear shone in her eyes. She had never ridden so far and so fast.
------
Eventually they finally arrived in Imladris. Alyon swiftly dismounted and helped Cyst down. Three elves had come to them and carried Cyst away.

"Raven is also wounded. He must be tended to." Alyon said.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2007 02:42
Raven was grateful that they were finally in Rivendell. He glanced over at Cyst with worry. But he was also worried for Essie. He smiled at her encouraginly before letting himself be led away by the other elves.

He was taken to his room and a healer was called and she tended to his wounds. He fell asleep soon afterwards and didn't wake up until late that night. When he did he felt fear...he was alone, it was dark, and though everything was familiar it wasn't. Where was Tuillin? Where were the others?

Raven sighed and tried to go back to sleep but he couldn't.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2007 02:01
Lilac was in awe of Rivendell. She had never felt so small before! The tall, gracefully arching halls, and the long, fluid corridors. The elves were like passing shadows, drifting gracefully.

The architecture was beautiful, she supposed, but she preferred the homeliness of hobbit-holes to the openness of this.

She turned the corner into the great hall and sat by the fire.

-------------------------------------

Aranel went to make his report to Elrond as soon as they arrived.

"Elrond," He bowed his head in greeting. "The danger is more real than you thought. Raven has been stabbed by a morgul blade, as you know, and Cyst, the rohir, was attacked by men from Bree, servants of the Dark Lord."

"I am certain they are tracking us... we cannot remain long."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2007 02:16
Alyon insisted that he had to be one of the healers that would help Raven. He was very worried about the boy.
He's strong, but this is more than even I could bear. I am surprised the boy lasted so long. Alyon thought.

As he walked down the hall he saw some curious guests. A man walked by him, Alyon recognized him as a man of Gondor.
"Boromir son of Denethor...a council must be taking place soon." Alyon whispered as he walked.
-------
Cyst was quickly carried to a room and then elves began tending to his wounds and trying to calm the fever that had come upon him.
One elf took off Cyst's gloves and was surprised to see his left hand was blackened and scarred.
"These are bad burn scars. They've healed all they can, but perhaps we can do more." The elf thought aloud.

By midnight the fever had gone down, and Cyst was going to be alright.
-----
Essie wandered around with Tuillin on her shoulder. She worried very much about Raven and decided that she should try and return Tuillin to him, so that he would be comforted.

She wandered around, but soon figured that she was lost. She shyly asked an elf that was walking by if he knew the room Raven was in.
"Raven cannot be seen right now, but when he is well I will make sure you will be able to visit him." The elf said kindly.

Essie was quite disappointed. "Well, if I cannot go, can you let Tuillin stay with him? Tuillin is his best friend." Essie said as she pointed to the bird on her shoulder.

"I do not think it would be the best place for birds. Perhaps you should keep him with you just for a little bit longer. I'm sure Raven would appreciate it." The elf said.
Essie sighed, but nodded. Then she wandered back to the room she was told to stay in.

"I'm sorry Tuillin. I really tried. But don't worry, Raven is strong and he'll be okay." Essie said. Though her confidence was at an all time low.
'Not even the gods above can separate the two of us, no nothing can come between you and I.'
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 14, 2007 02:41
Raved laid back down on the bed, he was alone, and even though he knew that this was home he felt frightened. He was-and never had been-well recieved by the elves in Rivendell. He suspected it had something to do with his family. But he didn't know them.

Raven sat upright again, weary but he needed to find someone, Essie...Tuillin....Alyon. Anybody. It was so dark and he felt very much afraid. He snuck out of the room, though he wobbled and was unsteady on his feet.

He walked and walked, looking for anyone.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 17, 2007 09:01
Lilac got up from her chair by the fire. The melancholy mood that had taken her had been dispelled by the warmth and comfort of the flames.

She stretched and walked out in the bright sunlight of the morning. There was a slight breeze that carried the fresh scent of cedar and fir from the other side of the valley

She turned and started walking towards the garden, for she had a desire to be amongst flowers. As she walked through the open corridors, scattered leaves floated down from the trees.

That's funny, she thought, it seems to be spring and autumn at the same time. As she pondered this quandary, she realized that she did not know the date. She quickly counted the days on her fingers. It was the 24 of October, 3018.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 01:03
Alyon left Cyst's room once he had made ure the man was alright. He had been told of the bad burns on his hand and that made Alyon curious. Once Cyst is awake perhaps he will have a story to tell.

Alyon wanted to visit Raven and see how he was faring, but when he walked into the room Raven was not there.
Alyon turned and quickly walked out of the room and down the hall. It ws then that he spotted an unsteady figure. He ran over and grabbed Raven's arm to support him.

"Raven, what in Arda are you doing? You should be in bed, resting!" Alyon said. He couldn't hide his concern for the young elf. He had grown quite fond of him.
--------
Essie sat in her room staring sadly out a window. She was finding this visit to be somewhat depressing. She was not around any of her friends and she couldn't tell whether they were alright.

"Oh Tuillin, I wish we could see Raven. I hope he is well." Essie whispered.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2007 01:01
"Raven, what in Arda are you doing? You should be in bed, resting!"

Raven accepted the support, "I found no rest in there, Alyon. I felt so exposed, so alone, as if someone was watching this place, trying to find me. Some great evil stirrs...I felt its presence. It was here...it was out to destroy...everything." Raven could barely speak, he realized how terrified he actually was.

"Where is Essie? Is she alright? And Tuillin...are they near, please, I have to make sure they are well. Something of great evil is watching...please, what can you tell me? I fear it...I fear that whatever it is looking for is here...is it the ring?" He asked in such a small whisper that none but Alyon could have heard it. "Are my suspicions true? Oh say that they are not. What is happening, Alyon?"
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 06:06
OOC: Elfmaiden, out of curiosity, is the story ending in Rivendell, or are we going to follow the Fellowship?

Aranel had recently learned of the presence of the Ring in Imladris. What would explain the ominous, serious feeling everyone felt. Something momentous is about to happen, he thought, It feels like a wall, with almost nothing to keep it from falling and destroying everything. The world is taut. Anything could it to snap, and madness will burst forth.

He turned and walked toward Raven's bedchamber. He was worried about Raven, however much he didn't want to admit it. He turned a corner, and spotted two figures. "Raven, you shouldn't be out of bed! What are you doing?" He turned to Alyon. "Why is Raven out of bed?" he asked quietly.

--------------------

Lilac decided that she wanted to see Essie. She had grown concerned about her in the days that had passed. She asked directions from an elf and quickly arrived at Essie's door.

She knocked twice, and entered. Essie sat in a chair by the window with Tuillin on her shoulder, looking depressed. "Essie are you all right?" she asked.

[Edited on 19/9/2007 by elendil2]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2007 02:30
(To tell you the truth I haven't had much planned to continue, but since we seem to be on a roll we're not stopping. So I think it would be fine to follow the fellowship and if you have any other ideas bring them up in the OOC)

Alyon looked at Raven with pity. He felt the terror that was coming. "It is true, Raven. The Ring is moving...and even now it is here. It is being held by the Ring Bearer and there shall be a Council debating what should be done." Alyon explained in a quiet voice.

Then Aranel walked over and asked why Raven was out of bed.
"He senses it, Aranel. He should not be left alone. He should stay in my house. I have a room for him to stay in and he will be safe there and cared for." Alyon said.

Then he looked at Raven. "But first, we should find your feathered friend." Alyon said with a slight smile.

Then he led Raven down to the room where Essie was. Essie had brightened when she saw her cousin and she was even more happy when she saw Raven.

"Oh! I have been here all alone and I was worried about you all! I'm so glad to see you are alright, but what has become of Cyst?" Essie asked.

Alyon sighed. "He is resting. His fever broke, but he is still unwell. We will be able to visit him tomorrow." Alyon said.

Then Essie looked at the bird on her shoulder. "Go and comfort Raven, Tuillin." Essie said softly. Then the bird flew from her shoulder and onto Raven's.
Essie frowned. "I think Raven should rest...he still looks like he's hurting." Essie said.

Alyon nodded. "Very true, young hobbit. Come Raven, it's time to rest." Alyon said. Then he led Raven out of the room.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2007 05:36
OOC: Sorry for the short post.

Aranel nodded. Alyon was right. Raven has the choice to get up if he wished, and the presence of the Ring made everyone very uneasy.

He accompanied them to Essie's room. He was glad to see Essie and Lilac for he had not seen them since their arrival. It was warming to see the smile on Raven's face as Tuillin landed on his shoulder.

He was very preoccupied about the Council. He knew there were a company of dwarves in Imladris, and four other hobbits
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2007 09:36
Raven fell into thought, he barely noticed Aranel's concern at him being out of bed. Raven could not shake the feeling of dread about his heart, and now that it had been confirmed it was as if he had falled into a great pool of ice-water.

Raven looked up at Alyon with astonishment...him offering a place to stay? Raven did live in Rivendell, but he had always lived alone. He didn't want to intrude, but something held his tongue sharply behind his teeth.

The young elf was cheered up when he heard that they were to find Tuillin. And Raven knew that Tuillin was with Essie. This made him quite happy and pleased. So when he came to them a huge smile, like that which he had worn before this whole thing started, grew on his face.

"Essie. I am glad that you are well, thank you for taking care of Tuillin for me." Raven listened happily to the little bird's chirps of delight. And he was even more pleased to know that they would see Cyst tomorrow. He hoped that he wouldn't leave. Raven had come to like Cyst.

He allowed himself to be led by Alyon, but something nagged on his mind, "What of this council? What is it to be about?" He asked as they walked.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 10:05
Essie smiled at Raven. "I was glad to take care of him." Essie said. When they left she went to bed. She was tired now and not worried about Raven anymore.

Alyon let out a sigh when Raven asked about the Council.
"I believe it is to decide what we must do with the Ring. It is obvious it cannot stay here, but where shall it go? And who will take it there? Those are the questions that must be answered." Alyon explained.

Then he came to his house. It was a fair size, and Alyon often thought it was too big for one elf. This house had once been the home of Alyon's wife and two sons, but his wife had left to the Grey Havens nine years ago after the death of their youngest son. His older son was living in Mirkwood with his new family, but because of the trouble in Mirkwood he rarely left. But Alyon knew he could not leave, his purpose had not been fulfilled yet.

Alyon was very thankful to be sharing his house with another now. He almost thought of Raven as a young son, and the boy did need somewhere to stay.
Alyon led Raven to the room that had belonged to his sons. Two hand made beds were in the room.

"Here is where you will stay, Raven. I hope you find it comfortable." Alyon said with a smile.
Then he turned to leave. "If you need anything I am in the next room. Please do not hesitate to call me." Alyon said. Then he turned and made his way down the short hall to his room.
--------
Cyst began waking. He still did not feel very strong, but he felt better than he had. He stretched and moved his right hand and then gasped when he felt that his glove had been taken off.
He lifted his hand and saw that some of the lesser burns were healed completely and even the scars from the worst burn were looking better than before.
His hand was still blackened, but not as badly as it had been.

"The elves really are amazing healers." Cyst mumbled.

[Edited on 22/9/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2007 03:27
Raven stood for a moment in the room, he had fallen silent with thoughts and with shock. He was terrified, for he knew that no haven was safe for the ring. He knew this in his heart more then anything. It could not be hidden, it would have to be destroyed.

Raven sat down on the bed closest to him. The room felt strange, full of memory, and sorrow. He sat there and silently thought about what had happened. He wondered why this room had such a sad feel about it. He looked around. Two beds. Who had slept in them, he wondered. Had Alyon lost someone close to him? Raven had rarely talked to the older elf before recent events. Raven wondered what had happened to Alyon. But he was scared to ask, he didn't want to hurt anyone, especially Alyon.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2007 05:08
OOC: Elfmaiden, are you still going to play Elrond?

Aranel had recently learned that Aragorn of the Dunedain and Gandalf of the Istari were present for the Council. He greatly respected both of them. Aragorn, as a friend, and Gandalf as an elder.

He decided to visit Cyst, for he had not seen him in a while. He walked towards the room where Cyst was.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2007 03:10
(How about we share Elrond? That way if your character needs to speak with him you can use him. Okay?)

Alyon looked out at the cold night. Dawn was only a few hours away. He had been up most of the night thinking about the Council tomorrow.

"I wonder what the decision will be." Alyon whispered. He had not been invited to the Council, but he knew he would be involved with whatever would happen with the Ring. He felt that he had to.
------
Essie slept soundly. Now she felt at peace that she knew her friends were all alright. Her dreams were sweet and pleasant and for a time she forgot that a danger surrounded them. In fact, she really didn't know about the Ring or the danger. All she knew what that there was something troubling the lands and it was very bad.

Essie did not wake at all that night.
-----
Cyst laid quietly thinking about his burned hand and how much work it had taken to heal it so nicely when the door opened.
Cyst quickly hid his hand under the blankets and watched as the elf Aranel walked in.

"Why did you come to see me?" Cyst asked. He sounded a little rough, but Cyst wasn't friendly with new people, especially elves, and being suddenly thrust into this group and being dragged all over the place was something he was not used to. And he barely knew this elf as it was.

"I don't need your sympathy. I'll be out of here soon enough and on my way. I won't be a burden any longer." Cyst said.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 25, 2007 03:58
Raven could find no sleep that night. He walked out into the main room, looking out of one of the windows. He wondered what was happening, what would happen.

He opened the door and stepped outside, he took in the scent of the before-dawn air. Raven sat down on a bench, cradling a sleeping Tuillin in his lap.

What would be decided? What would happen to the ring? The shadows grew long, Raven still shivered under their presence. But he stood defiant agains tthe coming storm.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2007 12:54
Aranel smiled at Cyst's foolhardiness. It was obvious that Cyst, however brave he may feel, could not leave for a while. While not in a coma, he was still several days from recovering enough to walk. Well, we were all young once, he thought.

"Cyst," he spread his hands placatingly, "you are still a while from recovering, and when you do, where will you go? Wouldn't you rather stay here in Imladris, or nearby, at least?" Cyst's body language made it clear what he meant to say. "Give me patience," he muttered under his breath.

--------------------------

Lilac felt anxious. She didn't often feel this way, given her predisposition for cheerfulness. But given the circumstances with the Ring and all, an allowance could be made.

"What's happening?" she whispered. She didn't like any of this. Right now, she wished she was back in the Shire, with her friends. She would never show it, of course, but she hated it. The only thing that kept her going, was her concern for Essie, and that she would get killed.

[Edited on 28/9/2007 by elendil2]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 02:19
Cyst continued to try and hide the weakness he still felt. He refused to be trapped in a bed being tended by elves for much longer.
"Forgive me if I try your patience, but I will be leaving. Perhaps in a few days." Cyst decided.
---
Essie woke early the next morning. She felt hungry, but first she wanted to go and see how Lilac was. She skipped out of her room and soon found her cousin.

"Lilac, isn't this place marvelous! I'm sure they will have breakfast fit for a queen!" Essie said. Then she noticed that her cousin seem a little worried. Essie put her hand on Lilac's shoulder.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.
-----
Alyon could not sleep, and when the sun began to rise over the mountains he went outside. He could see his breath as the mist began rising and the sun began warming Arda again.

Alyon noticed that Raven was sitting not far away and he walked over to him.
"Did you sleep well? Or was your sleep as troubled as mine?" Alyon asked.

He knew that it would be hard for the young elf since the Ring was near, but he hoped Raven had gotten some rest.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 05:38
Raven looked up when he saw Alyon, he smiled, glad to now have company.

He laughed half-heartedly, "Sleep? No, I could not. I've not slept at all. But the sun light is envigoring." He rested his head on his hand, "It makes everything feel a lot...brighter, and not so shadowed."

He looked up at Alyon, "I need to know what will happen, at the council. I have the funniest feeling that I have lost something, but will not get it back for a long time, if ever at all."

Raven paused to look out over Rivendell, the place he had come to know as 'home'. On hislap Tuillin stirred and chirped a bit. Raven held the little bird on his fingers gently, Tuillin seemed indecisive, he wanted to fly and stretch his wings, but he wanted to stay with Raven too. Raven only smiled, telling him (in his own tongue) to go on. Tuillin took flight with a chirp, glad to be out and about.

Raven turned back to Alyon, "The room you gave me...it belonged to someone dear to you, didn't it?" He asked softly, "When I was in there it felt...sad. Like it missed something." he looked up to Alyon questioningly, his eyes putting his thoughts to words that he could never have spoken aloud.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 06:20
Cyst continued to try and hide the weakness he still felt. He refused to be trapped in a bed being tended by elves for much longer.
"Forgive me if I try your patience, but I will be leaving. Perhaps in a few days." Cyst decided.

"Very well, Cyst. Have it your way, then," Aranel got up smoothly. "May you grow well shortly," he said in a clipped voice. He walked out of the room stiffly.

----------------

Lilac was out walking when Essie skipped up to her.

"Lilac, isn't this place marvelous! I'm sure they will have breakfast fit for a queen!" Essie said. Then she noticed that her cousin seem a little worried. Essie put her hand on Lilac's shoulder.

"Is everything alright?" She asked.
Lilac smiled sadly at Essie. "No, everything is not alright. Haven't you heard the news?" she inquired. "The Ring is in Rivendell. Here. Now. People are on edge. A council is to be held today, to find what is to be done with It."
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 08:25
Alyon worried when Raven spoke of shadows. He knew things would never be the same for him, but he didn't like to think that that was true.

Then Raven spoke of the room and how it felt sad. Alyon nodded and a small smile crossed his face. It almost looked ghostly.
"I used to have two boys, and they shared that room. My youngest, Talahan, was killed three days before he came of age and my oldest, Aranion, married and moved to Mirkwood, and I have not seen him since. My dear wife left for the West after the death of Talahan. It was a very hard loss. But Talahan was only trying to act like a brave warrior, the young fool." Alyon said. The last sentence sounded harsh, but it was only because he remembered how much he missed his son.
-----
Essie gasped. The Ring was here?! How could that be?
"Raven! I have to find Raven!" Essie said frantically. Then she ran off, hoping to find Raven alright and in good health still.

Tears ran down her cheeks as she thought of Raven being in pain because of the Ring being so near.
-------
Cyst watched Aranel leave, and once he was sure he was gone he took his hand out from under the blankets and stared at it. As he laid there he began wondering how much strength he actually had.

"If it's enough to ride Drimbolt then I'll leave. I have better things to do." Cyst grumbled. But as he laid there he knew he didn't have enough strength to even pull himself into the saddle.

"Of all the stupid things...Why did this have to happen to me? If only I had not stopped to aid that hobbit lass, then perhaps this trouble would have avoided me." Cyst grumbled. But, though he would never admit it, he rather liked the people he had met. He liked Raven and Essie and Lilac, but now that he was surrounded by elves that tried to delve into his life he didn't like it anymore.

He had always been warned about elves. He had been told they were busy bodies and tried to find out everything about your past.
"This is one person they'll never know anything about." Cyst said confidently.

[Edited on 1/10/2007 by ElfmaidenofLorien]
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 30, 2007 10:17
Raven listened with quiet saddness. When Alyon had finished he watched him for a moment, then suddenly embraced Alyon. Holding him as much for his comfort as it was for Raven's.

"I'm sorry...I'm so sorry. You have been so good to me...I wish...I wonder if my father was as nice as you are." Raven said sadly.

"You have been too good to me...taking me in, helping me, I have never known one such as you. I do not know why you would...but I thank you. What little worth my words are to you...thank you." Raven had bowed his head on Alyon's shoulder, his heart was heavy, but he kept strong.

He looked up after a while and saw Essie. "Essie! Are you well? You look distraught." He said, turning to her as a brother might.

[Edited on 1/10/2007 by minstral_of_the_dawn]
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 03, 2007 05:02
Lilac bowed her head as Essie ran away. She had not meant to grieve her, but Essie had reacted a little... strongly to the news. Lilac had considered Raven's predicament and decided that everyone felt the same way. Except Essie, she thought wryly.

--------------------------

Aranel stood outside Cyst's room, trying to rid himself of the sense of annoyance that had accompanied him out of Cyst's room. It wasn't working.

He took a deep breath, and started walking. Today was the day of the council, and everyone was anxious.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 03:32
Alyon was surprised when Raven hugged him. As he felt the young boy holding onto him and saying those kind words Alyon felt tears rolling down his cheeks.

"Why wouldn't I do these kind things for you? You are like a son to me, Raven." Alyon said.
Then he pulled away when Essie ran over.

"Calm down little one, Raven is quite well." Alyon said.

Essie panted as she looked at Raven to be sure it was true.
"I'm sorry...Lilac told me the Ring was here and I..." Essie began.

"Do not speak openly of such things, young hobbit. Especially not here." Alyon warned.
Essie clamped her mouth shut and nodded.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 04, 2007 11:21
Raven was amazed at Alyon's words. He held the elf a little longer feeling as a very small child once again. Only this time he had someone to hold him. Raven was frightened, and Alyon-like any good father-had helped him get through the worst of his fears.

Raven smiled at Essie, "Yes, come on, you have not had a tour yet! I will show you my favourite gardens and paths! And then you and I shall go to the hall of fire for some good song and tales!"

Raven stood, then looked back at Alyon, "Would you care to join us?" He asked a warm smile on his face. He did feel as if Alyon should be his father. And so he felt obligated to him.

Raven wished that he had been his blood-son. Raven had the feeling that if he had been that then his life would be completely different, much different, and Raven suspected that it would have been for the better.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 12, 2007 01:04
OOC: Sorry that I haven't been posting. I just got back from vacation. Sorry for the short post.

Aranel readied his horse. He was going to be on a scouting mission soon, though he did not yet know where.
---------
His horse were ready, and all he had to do now was wait. To pass the time he went wandering in his favorite gardens, and then went to the Hall of Fire, to enjoy the warmth of home before leaving.

[Edited on 18/10/2007 by elendil2]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2007 05:09
(I thought our characters were going to follow the Fellowship for a bit, and if thats the case then they won't be leaving yet. Anyway, Aranel shouldn't need to get ready now, because it's only morning and the Council will be happening)

Alyon stood but shook his head. "Thank you, but no. I have some things to do, but you two go and have fun." Alyon said.

Then he walked off to find out when the Council was to take place.

Essie followed beside Raven. "Are you sure you're alright. You make me so worried." Essie said softly.
-------
Meanwhile Cyst was out of bed and had his clothes on. He intended to leave today, even though it was obvious that was not going to happen. He was still too weak to ride.

"I just shouldn't have gotten involved. I should have rode off while I had the chance." Cyst growled. Then he tripped and caught himself, but his arm ached.

Cyst groaned and leaned against a wall. "Stupid arm." He muttered. He breathed deeply so the pain would pass.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 14, 2007 05:47
Raven looked at Essie, a mixture of surprise and something akin to gratefullness, he smiled, "I think I'll be fine. Thank you Essie. You're a really good friend." He didn't know what else to do or say. Essie had thrown him for a loop.

"Tell me more about the shire." He said, "I've traversed through it but never approached Hobbits, or your homes. I was worried that you'd be frightened by me, and everything is so peaceful there."

He listened to Essie as they walked until suddenly they came upon Cyst.

"Cyst!" Raven went over to the man, "You do not look well, you shouldn't be up." Raven proptly escorted the man to a bench nearby. He had a feeling that confining him to a bed would be far worse.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2007 06:15
OOC: I just figured that they could still be ready, until the council is over, or Essie has a flash of insight or something... I will change it so Aranel is going scouting the next day, like north of Isengard or near Moria. I think we need to leave soon, as I'm losing inspiration to post; it's very monotonous... I need food for thought.

Aranel was ready to leave on his next mission. He would be heading south, towards Isengard, to confirm reports of orcs in the area. If they were true, he was to inform the reesidents of that area that it would be wise to evacuate.
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2007 09:10
(yeah...things are slowing down. They'll be moving out tomorrow...how about the next time I post? So minstral and myself can get the council rolling)

Alyon made his way to the Council. He had asked if he could be present because he wanted to know what would be happening. As he took a seat he saw the young Ring bearer. He wondered if the hobbit was somehow related to Essie.

Soon the Council began and the long conversations started. Alyon listened intently to everything said, but rarely spoke. He didn't have much to contribute.
--------
Essie grabbed Cyst's arm and helped him over to the bench. Cyst pulled his arm away and held it. "Leave me alone, I'm getting myself out of here!" Cyst said.

Essie shook her head. "Oh no you're not. You'd die out there." She said.

Cyst glared at her. "What do you know? Have you ever been forced to live out in the wild and weird places of the world and fend for yourself even though you're only a kid!? No, you haven't, but I have. I can take care of myself." Cyst snapped.

Essie retracted. "But I don't want you to get hurt. You've proven to be a good friend." Essie said softly.

"Friend? My only friend is Drimbolt." Cyst said.

Essie felt very sad. She had been trying to be nice to this man, but it seemed that he didn't want to be nice at all. Essie felt tears well in her eyes but she wiped them away quickly.

"But why did you help us if you didn't care?" She asked.

Cyst sighed. "I made a promise one day a long time ago. I promised that I would help anyone who was in danger as long as I was capable. I couldn't let you die because I wouldn't be living up to my promise." Cyst said.

Essie's face opened up again. Cyst's face had softened and he looked like a young man who had seen a lot, not like the mean person he had just been. In fact, Cyst looked weary and very sad.

"Why do yuo travel Cyst?" She asked.

Cyst's face became hard again. "None of your business! Stop prying into my life! You're as bad as the elves!" Cyst said angrily.

Then he turned away from them, though he didn't get up from the bench. Essie looked very confused. Why was he nice one minute and mean the next? She looked up at Raven, hoping to get an answer.
minstral_of_the_dawn
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 18, 2007 03:15
Raven listened impassively through Cyst's rant. He shook his head at Essie to show he didn't know. But he was going to try something.

"Cyst...who did you lose? Do you help people...only because you feel that you must proove that you can, and that you did not fail at trying to save others?" Raven spoke gently, but firmly.

"You are not alone, Cyst. You have Essie, and you have me if no body else will listen. Don't push us away. Now we can not put your pain away, only you can do that. But we can help you if you need us. Please Cyst...do not think bad of us for wanting to help you."

Raven smiled suddenly, "And just for the record, I am an elf." He said wryly, trying to make Cyst smile.
elendil2
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2007 04:53
Lilac was bored. She walked through the silent corridors, the echoes of her steps resounding off the stone walls. The smell of upturned leaves and dirt reminded her of the times that she had run through the forest at home. Home... she thought.

As she was walking, she heard a voice. She recognized it as Raven's.

"Cyst...who did you lose? Do you help people...only because you feel that you must prove that you can, and that you did not fail at trying to save others?" Raven spoke gently, but firmly.

"You are not alone, Cyst. You have Essie, and you have me if no body else will listen. Don't push us away. Now we can not put your pain away, only you can do that. But we can help you if you need us. Please Cyst...do not think bad of us for wanting to help you."

She walk into the room from which the voice emanated. "You have my wish to know also, Cyst."

[Edited on 19/10/2007 by elendil2]
ElfmaidenofLorien
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2007 09:20
Cyst knew Raven meant well, but he didn't want to. He didn't want them to know anything about himself. After all, he planned on getting out of here as soon as possible.

Finally he let out a sigh. "I suppose you have a right to know a little bit about me, but thats it!" He said.

"One day I had been out scouting with my brother for enemies that were lurking nearby. When we returned the enemies had found our small Rohirric village in flames. I ran into my house, not thinking of my own safety, and tried to rescue my two younger sisters. I was prepared to die saving them, but I failed, and my whole family died. There's my story, and I've been wandering ever since. Now you can all leave me alone." Cyst explained.

Then he stood shakily and made his way out of the room.
'I have to visit Drimbolt.' Cyst thought.

Essie was shocked and saddened by his story. "He doesn't seem to want our help Raven, but I think he needs help. He seems so sad." Essie said.
--------
The Fellowship had been chosen. Alyon had wanted to go along, but only nine people were chosen.
"There must be a way I can help." Alyon pondered.

After a while he decided to follow the Fellowship. "They will need as much help as possible. We can follow them at least to Lorien." Alyon decided. Then he decided to go and tell Raven and the others his plan.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email