Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First2223242526
Author Topic:
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: NEWBIES INTRODUCTION THREAD - Please introduce yourself here!!
on: February 19, 2009 04:23
My sister played a song from LotR on the flute. Once.

Welcome, Wednesday! :wave:
hodekin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 23, 2009 10:49
Greetings,

Having been a life long enthusiast of Tolkein for all of my 59 years I have finally taken the 'leap' and joined this on line community.

The books, the films and everything that is Tolkein I yearn to clothe myself in, I do hope to be able to join in discussions and of course learn more!

I am male, and live in the East Anglia region of the UK.

Who would I most like to be standed on a desert Island with?
Why...Eowyn to be sure!

In Truth,

hodekin
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator
Heruvinlië - Lord of the New Folk

Send Message
on: February 23, 2009 10:57
Hello and welcome to CoE hodekin :wave:. Glad to have you with us.
You won't regret taking the leap I can asure you. We have a wonderful and extensive community, I'm sure you'll settle in perfectly. So make yourself at home and enjoy.

Errandir of Gondolin
It's a dangerous business, going out your door...
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 23, 2009 12:29
welcome to CoE hodekin! :wave: I hope you enjoy it here!

hodekin
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 04:54
Thank you for the warm welcome Gondolinian and Eruceninde,
this is such an extensive site that I fear it will take me a while to find my way around everything, but as soon as I do I Hope to make my mark and contribute.

Thank you once again.

In Truth,

Hodekin
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 05:44
if you need any help, gondolinian here can show you around, and I can too, really, if you ask anyone here they'll help you out!
Magoleth
Faerie Godmother of Nienna & Weeper of Nienna
Send Message
on: February 24, 2009 12:39
A Very warm welcome to LadyRíeth
and also Hodekin. How lovely hodekin to find some older freinds arriving on the site. Me - I'm 63 as is the Head of my Realm - Nienna. I joined the site way back in 2004 and have never been happier. I have met so many wonderful people and have travelled to America to meet some of them in person. What a fantastic time that was.

There are some great ways to pass the time but don't forget to look out for the Realms. We have happy communities within this large site and you will be welcomed where ever you go!
Aena_Narmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 03:12
Hi everybody! Thank you for welcoming me in! It is so awsome that i have finally found a lord of the rings website that has forums and chats and stuff like that! I found this place by accident actually. I was surfin the web for lord of the rings stuff and i found some kind of quiz thing and so i clicked on it and it took me here! Oh! i have a question, where can i go to if i want to talk or chat or somthing like that?
Aena_Narmo
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 03:19
I have another question too. How do you get the little pictures like everyone else has?
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 04:34
Welcom, Aena_Narmo! :wave:

To get the "little pictures" (avatars) go to "My Account," "Upload Avatar," and then choose one from one of the galleries. Enjoy!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 04:41
Hello and welcome to CoE, Aena_Narmo! :wave:

it's nice to meet you!

chat can be found under Commuity on the leftside.

Hope to see you around!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: February 28, 2009 11:46
Hi and welcome Aena_Narmo .
You can talk and chat in the CoE - chat, but I fear that it's not as lively anymore as it used to be. Let's hope that comes back very soon. It's always worth to give it a try. You can also talk in the forums, throughout the various forums there are several threads for more general discussions or talk, which are used almost daily.
The avatars have been explained by arvanion898 already so I hope that gives you enough information, if not, feel free to pm (private message) me with any further questions!
Make yourself at home and enjoy the site.

Errandir of Gondolin
WhiteCouncil
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 11:54
Name (or what you'd like to be called here in CoE) - I'm really not picky aboot these things, so you may call me whatever you like, as long as I can tell you're indicating it to me

Age - Not wanting to be specific, for obvious reasons, I will say I'm in the age range of 10 - 20.

Where are you from (country/state)? - I'm from my igloo here in Canada! My pet moose and polar bear say hi

How did you find CoE? - On a link from another site - Fanpop.

What are your interests? - An odd question, seeing how I'm on a LotR addict website

Have you read the 'Lord of the Rings' or only seen the movies? - I've seen all the movie, so many times I dare not count, and I read the Fellowship of the Ring and the Hobbit, and strongly intend on reading the rest.

Do you have any questions about finding your way around CoE? - I'm pretty good at figuring things out on my own, but if I need a hand, I'll grab someone's
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:08
Hi and welcome to CoE, WhiteCouncil! :wave:

Glad you found us! Canada? really? brrr! it must be cold up there! *wonders, especially after mentioning igloo*

Hope to see ya around!
WestoftheMoon58
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:35
Hello and welcome, WhiteCouncil! :wave:

Canada, huh? I guess I can't complain anymore about the weather in Minnesota.

I read the Fellowship of the Ring and the Hobbit, and strongly intend on reading the rest.

Fabulous! Keep reading, they only get better and better.

Hope you enjoy it here!

[Edited on 4/3/2009 by WestoftheMoon58]
SweetxLunacy
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 12:55
Helllo all. My name is Kristine, please call me Kris. I am eighteen years old. I live in Virginia. I am a Senior in HS. I love to read and write poetry. My literary hero is Edgar Allan Poe, so my writing is alot like his. Very dark. I am however a very silly, spontaneous person. At least...on the internet I am! Real life however, you wouldn't recognise me because I am extremely shy!

And... I think tha's about it!

Anymore questions, just PM me!
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 01:31
I joined this site when i was in like 7th grade...i'm now in 11th grade and i started watching LOTR again...and i was like "wonder if that Council website is still alive!?"...i was forced to quit cause obviously as a 7th grader my parents were strict....but now that i'm older i can freely share my love of LOTR ^^. WOOOT...ha ha ha ha ha can't believe i remember my old account xD and that it wasn't deleted!

EDIT: Edited because of improper language (by gondolinian)

[Edited on 5/3/2009 by gondolinian]
Merides
Humor Admin
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 01:39
White, Sweet and Elanor! Welcome!

White- Canada? I used to live near there... Minne"snow"ta, USA. Beautiful, Cold country, huh?

Sweet- Check your PM's!

Elanor- Great to see some returning members! Nice to have you with us!
teckidtina
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 02:33
Hi

EDIT: please give a more proper introduction. According to the site rules (which you can find here) it's not allowed to post single-line or single-word posts. Thank you

[Edited on 5/3/2009 by gondolinian]
Elanor_the_elf
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 03:01
White, Sweet and Elanor! Welcome!

White- Canada? I used to live near there... Minne"snow"ta, USA. Beautiful, Cold country, huh?

Sweet- Check your PM's!

Elanor- Great to see some returning members! Nice to have you with us!

yah it's great to be back...now i need to go out and buy some more books so i can join the book club ~ till then all i brought with me is the Silmarillion ;-; oh well *reads*
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 04:36
WC...hope CoE is a warmer place for you than your igloo.

Sweet...hey, girl, your the next state north of me...I'll wave next time I'm passing through.

Elanor...oh, yes! You do need to read everything and join the book club. Cirdaneth will be delighted to have you there.

Teckid...A little more info would be nice. We don't usually see one word introductions. Would love it if you could answer some of the questions on the first page.

Welcome to you all, enjoy and carry on!
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 04, 2009 05:22
SweetxLunacy: hello and welcome to CoE!

Elanor_the_elf: wow! great to have you back! Welcome! :wave:

teckidtina: welcome, glad to have you here!

I wish to see you all around!
Dolesgalthar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 04:26
Hi, my name in Sindarin is Dolesgalthar! I am from the USA and Texas to be more specific. I have read all of the Lord of The Rings books that i know of! My favorite was the Silmarillion. I enjoy basketball, soccer,football,reading,video games,collecting action-figures, and biking. And thats about it.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 05:43
hello and welcome to CoE, Dolesgalthar! :wave:

Texas? really? I'm from thar too! Doubly nice to meet you!

Hope to see you around!
tpkyteroo
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 09:07
Hello! I'm tpkyteroo. It stands for 'tp' ="Tomorrow People" (children's sci-fi show, UK), 'kyt' =kytriya, 'roo' = Kangaroo, an Australian rules football team. I'm from Minnesota, but my heart is in England.

I have the extended version of all the LOTR movies. Other interests include taking JavaScript games and rethemeing them to Tomorrow People. I'm now working on making LOTR JS games. I've almost finished making a LOTR Clue game out of the HP Clue game that game out earlier this year. I just have to theme the board itself.

Hope to talk with you all later!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 09:28
Welcome tpkyteroo! :wave: a very interesting name indeed! I like it though

An LOTR Clue game!! I LOVE Clue! That would be the awsomeest! When does it hit the shelves?

Nice to meet you and hope to see you around!
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 10:32
A looot of newbies joining us in just one day! Welcome to you all, WhiteCouncil, SweetxLunacy, Elanor_the_elf, teckidtina, Dolesgalthar and tpkyteroo :wave:.
I hope you will all enjoy the site and that you may find a lot of stuff and people here that interest you. We’ve got a wonderful community, both in the forums and the realms. So don’t forget to check out those last ones. You’ll find them under the ‘Community’ section on the left toolbar. The people in the realms will be thrilled to welcome you into their smaller groups!
A request from my part would be to check out the site rules (you can find them here). It prevents unnecessary interventions from the moderator's part and makes sure everybody can enjoy the site to it's fullest potential.
It would be nice if you could give us a more lengthy introduction teckidtina , just ‘hi’ doesn’t tell us much. You’re free to give us any information you like, it doesn’t have to be very personal or private, but as Bereth suggested the questions you can find in the first post of this thread might give you a lead.

Once again welcome to all our newbies, make yourselves at home and enjoy your membership!

Greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
Aesculus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 02:09
I don't even remember if I ever posted here joining the site way back when, but here's my intro!

Hello! I'm Aesculus, I prefer Aes only because I don't want to plague people with the last five letters. Um... I've always had this account just that I've never used it after I found the site (who knows when). In my mind I'm old.

I'm Canadian, born here, raised here, and proud of it. I admit it... I do say "Eh" every now and then.

I found CoE a long, LONG time ago, while searching through Lord of the Rings fan sites. This one just happened to be the one I found the most interest in.

Interest wise... I'm boring. I like reading (Read all of lord of the rings and whatever else was in relation to it along with watching the movies) , playing video games, writing, and a hell of a lot of drawing.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 02:22
Welcome Aesculus! :wave: Glad you found your way back to us!

I love reading and drawing too! There's nothing goring about that!

Hope to see you around!
Aesculus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 05:22
Welcome Aesculus! :wave: Glad you found your way back to us!

I love reading and drawing too! There's nothing goring about that!

Hope to see you around!

Thank you.

Will do, I'm just going to wonder around and explore a bit.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 05:24
i just saw i accidently wrote "goring" instead of "boring"! sorry about that! :blush:
Aesculus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 06:31
Ha ha, don't worry about it, I make spelling mistakes all the time. It's almost become second nature to be able to read it with no problem.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 06:50
Welcome 'back', Aesculus.....what took you so long? *grins*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Aesculus
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 08:19
Thanks. =D

Heh, Lots of growing up needed. =P
gondolinian
Newbies Moderator

Send Message
on: March 06, 2009 06:08
Hi and welcome Aesculus . Thanks for re-introducing yourself. If you have any drawings you would like to share, you can upload them on our gallery. There is a section for fanart as well.

Erucenindë, if you have made a typo, you can always use the 'edit' button under your post to go back to it and edit it.

Greetings,

Errandir of Gondolin
<< First2223242526
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email