Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Musicians!
on: September 10, 2008 08:22
raina: you can search on google for something like "free download sheet music" or ""name of the song" sheet music" or something like that .. tell the instrument. you might find what you're looking for

I actually knew there were more than one Dublin, and as far as I know, the immigrants or whatever that travelled to America brought names of their cities/countries/places (..) with them.. am I right??

Loss: have you ever heard anything of Sibelius??
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 11, 2008 05:52
That sounds like the right answer, Sigrid... It would be quite an obvious thing to do, when settling somewhere so far from home, to bring a small part of it with you...

Yes, we have a cd with his 2nd Symphony, and I've heard a couple of other pieces... Have you played anything by him?
Elfalas
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2008 09:07
I play the guitar, and I dabble at keyboard. I mostly devote my time to guitar though, and am currently taking lessons at my school from the band teacher, who's awesome. My dad helps me too.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 11, 2008 12:58
yall go fast.

i dont know how we got all these names but im sure that was a good reason.

who is Sibellius? is he new or old? lol
raina_alassë
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2008 07:42
That sounds great Elfalas! I never learned guitar in school, my father taught me. I've only learned violin in school, the rest I am self-taught in.

I've heard about Sibelius, but at this moment, it doesn't really ring a bell, other than recognizing the name.
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: September 12, 2008 07:22
Finlandia, he's written that one as well...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci3RPAOFok4

Maybe you'll recognize that one, or Symphony no. 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLRj8uGqHA4
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 14, 2008 04:22
wow, this thread got quite........

so any musical happenings around here?
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: October 16, 2008 03:08
Well, not much here... Just playing the piano, and teaching myself new songs... Started playing another Sonate by Mozart (KV 279 in case you know it), and I also received the Josh Groban notes book I ordered a few weeks ago! So currently playing songs from three different notes books...

Else, not much going on... How has everyone else been music-wise?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 16, 2008 06:25
well i've been teaching a girl piano...going well, she's learning fine.

and then just stuff for church, and then, i guess not much for me...

thats okay, ive played stuff from many notebooks before too! (and more than 3)
Eruthiawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 26, 2009 07:30
Hey!
Thought I would post on here.

I play the violin and the flute and am teaching myself how to play the penny whistle (tin flute/whistle). I've played in a number of orchestras as well as solos. I'm in love with celtic music and play Celtic and Finnish folk music on my violin. I'm in the marching band at university with my flute... I got bored so I bought myself a tin whistle and am slowly learning to play some songs, including some LOTR!

I've played some LOTR music in a chamber group, but haven't seen any concerts of the music, but would love to. Hope one comes near here soon!
Lady_Rotherane
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 05, 2009 08:09
I play Dulcimer and Clarinet...and recorder...and trumpet...and marimba...and djembe...and i use finale a lot....
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 06, 2009 12:31
Hi Eruthiawen and Lady_Rotherane! glad to have yall!

Dulcimer eh? that is a neat instrument.

Eruthiawen... was your name supposed to be Eruthiadwen or is it really Eruthiawen? just wondering.

I play a little violin as well. tryin to teach myself, though it isnt going well right now because ive been so busy with other things.
Eruthiawen
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 06, 2009 06:07
Erucenindë- lol, I have no idea... I probably just forgot to put in the d when I coppied the name. So it probably should have the d in it, but meh, it makes me a bit different Also, I like the sound of it better without the d!
parkbeth
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 06:05
I play guitarjavascript:insertAtCaret('','')
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2009 11:11
Howdy, guys.

I just thought I'd pop in here and mention that I play the piano. I love to play. It's a passion for me.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 02, 2009 12:26
coolness parkbeth and Pip! how long yall ben playing?
Pippin_Luv
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2009 12:31
I've been playing for... 3 or 4 years, I think. I started when I was 9 or 10.
Lady_Rotherane
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2009 11:02
Well, i play the Mountain Dulcimer and the Clarinet....but mainly the dulcimer.....
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2009 11:35
I'm thinking about playing the ocarina. Has anyone heard of it? It's a type of flute/whistle and has a ton of different variations in shape, size, look, and tone. It looks really fun to play, I'm debating whether to get one or not.
Lossendiliel
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: July 21, 2009 06:33
The ocarina is beautiful! I have thought about buying one as well a couple of times, when I've found them at Medieval fairs and the like...
Eariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 10, 2009 02:22
I've been playing violin since I was three. I also started viola a few years ago.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: October 10, 2009 05:01
Oh really? That's cool Eariel! I play a little violin. I haven't practiced in a long time though. :blush:
glamdring22
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 22, 2009 01:21
I play piano... I can use my keyboard to play the LOTR music on the right instuments though
DwarfMaster
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2009 06:00
I play the violin, been doing so for about a year and a half now, and I love it. I can play a bit of recorder too, but my heart has been stolen by my violin.
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 07, 2009 12:45
Hello all, glad to meet so many other musicians!

This is my ...what, 8th year now?.. playing violin. I currently don't have an orchestra (which kills, believe me) that I play with, though I eek out chords for the music ministry of my youth group at church, and am part of a *very* small 'orchestra' group at hte college I PSEO at.
Marwyn
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 09, 2010 04:34
I have played classical violin ever since I was six, and just started piano this year. I also play in a District Orchestra, and a provincial Orchestra, which is really fun.
This year our district Orchestra did an exchange with another orchestra in another part of Canada, and we got to play PotC...which was awesome, my dad said that we should do recording, we sounded that good.
Violin would have to be my life...
Gwenniel
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2010 07:09
Wow lots of violinists here

I for myself play the cello. Have been playing for... 9 years? Gods how the time flies!
ManveruMapalon
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 31, 2010 08:47
I used to be learning piano, and still play from time to time. I'm actively in choir, and I'm learning guitar.
Lothara
Council Member
Send Message
on: February 03, 2010 12:08
Hmm...I don't play the violin. I play the clarinet . And, I want to learn guitar very bad. My boyfriend is an expert with the guitar .
I wish I lived in Middle Earth, I wish I was a Timelord, I wish I attended Hogwarts, but I must always remember, I am a Ranger's Apprentice.
arwen1300
Gosling of Vána
Send Message
on: April 04, 2010 08:28
Piano since I was 6, (I think) flute since 6th grade, and I'm in choir. No violin, though.

Hey, Marwyn, when our orchestra ensemble and jazz band toured elementary schools to get them interested in music, the orchestra played PotC!
Image If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world. -Thorin
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2010 06:46
I play piano, started when I was 7, but didn't like it until a year ago and now you can't get me off!
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2010 10:25
I play piano also!

Does anyone play LotR songs? I played Into the West and Gollum's Song.
Vanwa_Meleth
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 20, 2010 03:46
I can't find LotR sheet music, does anyone know where I can get it? I might need to point some people in that direction for Christmas! But if not, does anyone know where I can get it free?
ElwingAndEarendil
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2010 10:59
I played piano, but currently i do Oboe. My nick-name in band is Oboe-one Kenobi. I was the only oboeist .
"The Deeds that we shall do shall be the matter of song..." - Haunting the Realm of Vaire as the Corrupted Major - Find me as Silmarilz1701 everywhere else
Rosie_Cotton43
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2010 01:22
I play piano (not as much as I used to but still enjoy it sometimes) and sing. Oboe sounds really cool, EAE.

Always wanted to play the violin...such a lovely instrument and I bet it's way cool to play LotR songs on it.

You can probably find LotR sheet music books on Amazon.com or likely any sheet music site. I have a general trilogy one and a FotR one that I love. There are good arrangements (and free!) here: Alcaeru's Sheet Music. I've printed out a couple and really like them.
My blog ensanguining the skies. how heavily it dies. into the west away; past touch and sight and sound. not further to be found, how hopeless under ground. falls the remorseful day.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email