Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Ellirwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Musicians!
on: October 16, 2011 10:09
Oh, that is sad. I hope nothing ever happens to my hands... My sister was joking around the other day and pretending to be mad at me, and she threatened to break them. Yikes! She's discovered my weak spot! *laughs* At least I know she's kidding...
"Though she be but little, she is fierce." -A Midsummer Night's Dream
cheekimunkei
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 17, 2011 10:42
Hi! I have played the piano since I was four (10 years) and took up the flute a couple of years ago. I play mostly classical music, and I also love singing. It is great to see so many musicians on CoE!
legolasfan154682
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 19, 2011 05:57
Is anyone on here going to NCIBA honor band on November 12th? I'm goin, so I want to meet other people who are.
~Laesneniel~
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2011 04:34
Wow....alot of musically inclined people. XD

I play the trumpet.
WenBeriadanwen
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Musicians!
on: June 21, 2012 11:05
I play drums and all the other percussion stuff so bells and the xylaphone are basically piono so i can play a little piano and a little guitar... mainly drumss thoo i do wanna learn more tho
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2012 08:48
Quote from Ellirwen on October 9, 2011, 21:14
I have a long list of instruments I want to learn...

I know how you feel! I really want to play the violin, but I dont think I'll be able to convince my parents to buy one...

I play the flute and I sing... I used to play the recorder, and I play the Irish tin whistle a bit by ear. For Christmas, my sister (JMBaggins) got me the LotR sheet music, and so far my favorite piece to play in it is Gollums Song. On the tin whistle I mostly just play part of Concerning Hobbits; not much else... I do practice, but I really should practice more.

I play first flute in our band, but quite frankly, out band isn't very good.

I love music, whether it be listening to it or making it.
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Morglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2012 01:09
I play piano! ALthough I'm not enjoying it atm - EXAM OF DOOM on monday but still, if I pass I'll get a flute whuch I've always wanted to learn Can't wait to learn the LOTR soundtrack on it XD
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 26, 2012 05:45
Good luck Morglin!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Morglin
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2012 01:04
Thank you! I'll need it
ArwenElfMaiden
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 19, 2012 04:58
i play the Violin, Viola, and Ukulele. (ik, odd combination.) iam addicted to music, you might say and i love Lindsey Stirling. Everyone needs to look her up on youtube. she does a LOTR medly, which is how I found out about her- the One Ring.net featured her, and now im hooked
"What are we holding onto, Sam?" "That there's some good in this world, Mr Frodo. and it's worth fighting for."
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 02, 2012 06:51
^^ I haven't seen her (yet )but you should also look up Elizabeth Velez Urie. She plays most wind instruments and she's done Concerning Hobbits and Over the Misty Mountains Cold. She's also done some Harry Potter, Star Wars, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. (in case your interested)
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2012 01:24
I play the gitfiddle and the bang bangs (guitar and drums)

actually, I can play a little computer keyboard too
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Silnimriel
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2012 10:31
there seem to be a lot of string players in CoE! I love the sound of them, but I play French horn. I get to play with an orchestra a little bit each year, and have played a very basic arrangement of PotC. I've also recently played a John Williams medley with them as well. Personally, I'd rather play one entire piece than play small snippets of multiple pieces, but I'm glad I finally got to play theme music. Normally I stick to classics, and I am working on C. Saint-Saen's Morceau de Concert.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2012 04:33
The french horn? Cool! I've always wondered what kind of chords/notes you can play with it...you have flats and sharps I assume...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Andromeda_of_Imladris
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2012 09:33
I'm a singer.
My choir, Hunter Singers, won a gold and two silvers at the World Choir Games this year!
ImageImage
AnneLEV
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2012 10:48
I play the violin, and I love playing music from LOTR. My favourite three are from The Return Of The King and The Two Towers, and they are:
1. The Return Of The King- The Return Of The King
2. Minas Tirith- The Two Towers
3. Twilight And Shadow- The Return Of The King

I love all of the songs, but these are the most fun to play.
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 06, 2012 11:19
^^ That's awesome! I'm considering picking up violin this year, once I finally ask my parents to buy me one.
Hurion
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 09:40
I play the guitar, some bass guitar, some piano, trumpet, and sing. I know the intro to concerning hobbit on guitar and piano and the tune in Moria.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 24, 2012 09:40
Hello! I am a pianist and I once (long ago) played the trumpet. Taught myself the trumpet but I have a teacher for the piano (good thing too!)
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Nessa Sindanarie
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 25, 2012 10:03
I play the piano and guitar
''I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve!'' - Bilbo Baggins of Bag End
Ennor
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2012 05:54
I play the piano and I can play Over Misty Mountains Cold
saerwen_tariel
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 29, 2012 04:36
I play flute and have found lord of the rings music (actually, flute practise is what I am supposed to be doing now...)
Eruanniel_
Council Member
Send Message
on: December 30, 2012 08:37
I would love to be able to play the piano , hopefully in the future but for now I only know the drums.
DragonxKing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 10:12
I've been playing guitar for over twenty years. I actually just got a new acoustic/electric guitar and would love to find the music for the LotR and Hobbit soundtracks plus learn some renaissance and medieval style music.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 01, 2013 10:48
DragonxKing, try putting "Lord of the Rings sheet music" on your search engine. You should find something to help on one of those sites.

My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
DragonxKing
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 02, 2013 05:03
Thank you Lindarielwen. =)
PSK
Council Member
Send Message
Wow so many musicians
I play quite a lot of Indian instruments (Tabla, sitar) Anyone else play Indian instruments?
"Tears unnumbered ye shall shed; and the Valar will fence Valinor against you, and shut you out, so that not even the echo of your lamentation shall pass over the mountains." ~ The Doom of Mandos
lotrelessar94
Council Member
Send Message
Wow, yet another thread I've missed, apparently I play viola and violin mainly, and I've played it since 4th grade, so that means 11 years! Wow! I didn't even realize that! I also play guitar and ukulele and piano. And a very small bit of drums. Very small. But that's a couple. I have a very musical family, so all of us know at least one instrument to some degree.
"Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisoned by the enemy, don’t we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we’re partisans of liberty, then it’s our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!"
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
You will be finding things you have missed for years!..

Does your family ever get together and play?
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Yes, and sometimes her siblings and myself will get together and play!
I play the violin, viola and guitar. And as I type, I can hear my nine year old sister playing her violin....
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
It must be wonderful to have music fill the air in your home. When you get together, is there anything specific that you play? Do you make up your own music?

If you think you hear the tambourine in the background, it is just me there in spirit...

[Edited on 07/19/2013 by Lindarielwen]
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
That last bit made me smile, Lindarielwen.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Mareth, if I have made you smile then my day is complete..
Mareth_Ravenlock
Council Member
Send Message
Lol, how sweet.

I'm supposed to play guitar for "Revive Us Again" for our instrumental for our teen service at church on the 28th of this month. I'm not doing to well on it. Hopefully I'll get the hang of it before it's time to play.
~Llama Warrior of Nessa~ Sometimes, I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. - Lewis Carrol
findemaxam48
Council Member
Send Message
Lin, we usually play the score for FotR. And another peice called Joust, but I forget the composer. Sorry....
We were one in the same, running like moths to the flame. You'd hang on every word I'd say, but now they only ricochet.
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email