<< First89101112Last >>
Author Topic:
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC--The Battle for Ithilien
on: March 29, 2009 01:04
Bravo, Mirach...that was possibly the best RPG post I've ever read. *high five*

Give me a little bit to respond, guys, I'm not sure how Durnaur should respond to this...anger and a growing sense of defeat I suppose...something that will turn him to more phyiscal deeds (the poisoning of Arwen, etc). Also, couldn't Durnaur accost dear Aragorn and continue working on his mind with doubts and fears??
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 12:13
wow, thank you, Adara! :blush:
How should the council actually end? Voting? Or consensus? Maybe Faramir as the Steward could have the last word. ToRivendell, do you play him? And Adara, if you want, you could write Imrahil, too.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 01:47
I'll have Faramir arrive soon and finish the days discussions. I don't think any voting should happen yet though, as that will give Durnaur time to put his plot into motion.

Thoughts?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 05:09
i think what we need to do is have the council spread over 3 days. During (probably) the 2-3 day, between the lull, Durnuar perhaps would poisen Arwen because he sees he's fighting a losing battle.

So, we need to somehow perhaps end this session as the "1st day". Perhpas it would end with Faramir coming in. The voting would be on the 3rd day. What do yall think?

Adara: Aragorn still needs doubts. he'll be wavering back and forth, perhaps even more so when Arwen is poisened.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2009 03:33
Okay, so...

I'm just about ready to post. I have a pretty nasty cold and it's kept me from the internet for awhile, but I'll see if I can't get a post up before this weekend (going out of town).

It would be really cool to play Imrahil. I want to bring up Aerda's past/heritage at some point, or perhaps just allude to it.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2009 05:41
Is anyone still active here? It has been a few days of zero progress from anyone...
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2009 05:47
I'm here, but busy with exams... Should I move Lenar & comp. to the inn?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 08, 2009 04:40
I'm waiting on Adara before i can move on. :S
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2009 05:04
...Sorry, guys. Sick, bridal shower...random tiredness...has kept me from posting...Forgive me.

>_>
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 09, 2009 06:16
that's ok Adara. We understand, life gets in the way sometimes.

one quick question before I post: what of Aragorn's ring, the ring of Barahir? wouldn't that be proof? or of Anduril?

thoughts?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2009 10:05
I think the Council already knows about the tokens of Aragorn's heritage, he doesn't need to show them again. And Belderneth just said that an object as a proof of heraitage can be compromised, so that Dunaur doesn't have to show anything, too. They should be in the equal position now in this matter.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 11:31
So....we adjourn (Spelling?) the meeting.

From there Durnaur will 1.) poison Arwen, and 2.) confront Aragorn alone and work more on the doubt aspect...Correct?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 11, 2009 01:01
i didn't realize that Durnuar would confront Aragorn alone, but that'll work. especially since it would be done at night....for all this must take place before the next meeting, which would start the following morning, correct?

this is what i thought: Faramir would say his two cents, the session would end, Durnuar would do some of his dirty work, then the session would start again in the morning. What say you?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 14, 2009 12:53
sorry, double post. I need your honest opinions on this:

I love this RP, and the story behind it. I want to put together our posts and make a story out of it. A fanfiction story. I need yalls permission because I will have to edit/manipulate characters in order to put this into story form. Obviously, I will stay as close to the character as humanly possible, I'm just saying it will be necessary from time to time.

I will be using your writing as much as possible. If one of you do not agree to this, I will not do it. But if all of you are agreed, I can't wait!

(Some will have to wait till this Rp finishes, but might as well get started)

Tell me your thoughts.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2009 02:20
Well, I just thought it would be a pretty good idea for Durnaur to go talk to Aragorn alone, where they wouldn't have an audience...Durnaur could be less guarded, more to the point, and work his "magic" much easier. If you don't like that idea, I'm cool with that.

I totally don't mind you using my character(s) or any of my writing. You have my permission as well as my support! I only ask that I get to read it when it's finished.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 14, 2009 03:43
nonono...i like the idea! make it happen, Adara!

Great! of course I'll let yall all read it!
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 14, 2009 04:57
You are most welcome to my characters and posts, Eruceninde.

I too like the idea. Sounds intriguing.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 22, 2009 09:06
Hey everyone.

As you may have noticed, several of our posts have disappeared as a result of the hack. Please try and re-post these as soon as posible so we can get back on track. It doesn't need to be as elaborate at the original (unless you want it too be) as they will only serve to get the story to back where it was before.

~ToRivendell~
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: April 22, 2009 05:36
*bangs head on desk*

i think i need to wait till after Adara posts about Aerdaneth getting the food again. Then ill do the whole thing with Eowil and Aragorn.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2009 10:44
*sighs* Stupid hackers...

I'm on my way guys...
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2009 11:16
Yes, stupid hackers... :killcomp:

I just finished my diploma thesis, but I won't be here in the weekend, so I'll post sometimes later. Meanwhiles... could you do Lenar a favour and order him some breakfast?

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 23, 2009 12:27
Hehe, indeed, poor Lenar must be hungry too right?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 30, 2009 08:22
I have about 10 min before leaving for the weekend, so I'm sorry for the next delay, I'll return in Sunday and post.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2009 01:31
It's alright, Mirach, I completely understand being busy/going out of town.

Rivendell, I'm a bit confused, I must admit. Where exactly is Durnaur (and was Aragorn)? Are they in a room or on a balcony or what? A little surprised at Tenuvian's surprise move, but as soon as I am sure where exactly they are at, I'll have Durnaur respond...

[Edited on 1/5/2009 by Adara_Cochava]
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 01, 2009 03:03
I had pictured them in the King's personal quarters, which I imagined being large and having a balcony overlooking the city or the mountains. As for Tenuvian's surprise move, I have no intention for him to actually kill Durnaur. Durnaur still needs to poison Arwen and argue at the council.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 01, 2009 04:40
To Rivendell, well i guess i didn't describe it good enough. I had Aragorn on the very pinnacle of MT: the part Denethor fell off of? he was up there. ...

sorry for the confusion.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2009 01:09
Ah, see, I wasn't sure when I made my initial post, but I was thinking more along the lines of what Eru said. So...should I just go ahead and post, I guess?

I know Tenuvian wasn't going to kill him, I'm just trying to figure out how Durnaur would react.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 02, 2009 03:23
Alright, I went back and edited my post. Things seem to make more sense now. Sorry for totally misreading that last post lol.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 05:42
Hehe, it's all good.

Hope you guys don't mind me getting a little creative with Durnaur's little explosion thing. I tried to make it look like some sort of dark magic, when in reality, it was something more like a smoke bomb (assuming THAT's okay). If you guys don't like it, I could change it. I just figured that some sort of primitive smoke bomb would have been a good cloak for Durnaur, and also a good way to make other people think he had more powers than he really did...
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 04, 2009 07:40
i think it worked fine, Adara. After all, Saruman made "bombs". It's entirely possible to make mini explosions.

You did awsome on the edit, ToRivendell.

One other thing, Mirach, I left off my post that Arwen is coming up to Aragorn. I think he needs some serious encouragement right now.

[Edited on 5/5/2009 by Erucenindë]
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 05, 2009 05:44
Yes, he does! She would come so or so.
But I wonder what are we going to do in the council meeting, all arguments have been already brought forth...
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 02:49
As for the council meeting, there isn't a whole lot left to address...

Durnaur could reiterate before the entire council what he told the one member (can't remember which) about his plan for peace with the people of Harad? Not sure how important that is here, maybe just to show them he has a plan, or how necessary for the RPG it is, but if we had nothing else to talk about.

I figured if he did talk about that at the council, he would bring forth one of those men of Harad who came with him--supposedly a lord of Harad who would agree to peace. I'm not entirely familiar with the system of ruling in Harad, and whether or not they would have a king, or whether they were more tribal, but if it's okay with everyone, whoever their main ruler is could be with Durnaur (of course having been promised some boon for his acting as a friend to Gondor).

Let me know what you think.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 06:08
Don't mean to interrupt but...........

I don't recall reading what Faramir had to say. I remember he came in late and spoke with Aragorn but nothing beyond that. Shouldn't he have some words for the council?

*sneaks out the back door before she gets whomped for interfering*
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 06:09
well, this is my thinking.

yes, most things have been said. Aragorn is going to get a lot of encouragement from Arwen - who is one of the few lights left to him, so to speak. this makes her poisening even more brutal. Thus, what i thought would happen maybe in this time's council is Durnuar tries further to grab the people, but Aragorn, being encouraged, is stronger, and Durnuar starts losing the fight, so to speak. He then figures that the only way to win is to extinquish what's driving Aragorn forward - Arwen.

how's that sound?

and your thing sounds fine too, Adara.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 11:33
You are right, Bereth Faramir should say something, and maybe Imrahil too, and then the guy from Harad. The interaction between Imrahil and the Haradrim can be interesting.
And I like your idea, Eruce! Arwen really is a great support for Aragorn in these times, but at the end he should find the strength to resist Durnaur in himself.
<< First89101112Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email