Register

<< First1011121314
Author Topic:
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC--The Battle for Ithilien
on: July 02, 2009 03:45
That idea seems to work for me. Unconventional, but plausible. And it does let the story move forward.

And yes, I do serve in the military, though unfortunately I haven't been to Ranger school (lol).
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 04, 2009 11:55
Adara, to tell the truth, I think that he's a bit too young for her But you know... hormones For now, he can just think it, and we'll see how it develops...

And that the council didn't say this option is valid doesn't matter to Durnaur, because duel is not what he really wants. And if Aragarn gives his throne out of "free" will, the oppinion of the council doesn't matter either.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2009 06:45
Haha, okay, Mirach...so should Aerda be for or against them being together? I can see it either way...

Alrighty then, I'm off to make Durnaur utter his challenge. ^_^ *evil laughter*
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 06, 2009 11:45
great! I posted, Aragorn is furious.

Though surely Durnuar would know about Aragorn's skill with a blade? or not? or he's just hoping (or later plots) about the poisen thing?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2009 05:55
I'm sure Durnaur has heard of Aragorn's skills with a blade, but 1.) must consider himself at least a good swordsman, and 2.) he may be counting on the poisoning of Arwen...I'll have him set the challenge for the following morning. Possibly we could arrange for more potent attacks in the forests of Ithilien to put pressure on everyone...
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 09, 2009 10:10
Sorry to double post, guys, but I had a quick question...should I post now or wait for one of the council members to show their disapproval of the duel?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 09, 2009 11:42
Hmm, I don't know. I think this dual would happen whether or not the Council approved or not.

I will be gone July 11-18, so I will not be able to post. ill be back though!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 14, 2009 12:06
I went ahead and posted.

Our traitor really needs a name and identity...It feels like he's just a ghost, lol.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 18, 2009 04:23
I'm back!

ya time for a name. so who is gunna play him?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 11:56
Welcome back!! I have no idea...
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: July 23, 2009 12:15
where's Mirach?

as for a name, i mean, i can come up with one real easy, but who's gunna play him? they should come up with a name.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 24, 2009 07:48
Mirach, if I remember correctly, is somewhere where she can't get internet almost at all. *sadface*

Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 27, 2009 09:13
Hey people, I'm back for a few days! Can I help you somehow?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 04, 2009 04:07
So do I need to wait for 'Aragorn' to post before Durnaur goes to poison Arwen ( a post showing that Aragorn is away from his wife for a bit)? Who plays Aragorn again, I'm getting confused, lol.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 05, 2009 12:33
I was about to post, but I was being forced to take too many liberties in the control of Arwen, so I suddenly realized that Mirach and myself may have to write a post together....What do you think Mirach? I didn't want to take away all of your control.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2009 09:57
Hey everyone, sorry for the long abscence. My unit was called up before I had a chance to post anything, and I didn't have access to a computer where we were.

I'm back now though and will try to catch up as best I can.

~ToRivendell~
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2009 05:00
So should I wait to try and do a joint post with Mirach, or should I go ahead and do my best not to take command of Arwen?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 13, 2009 11:41
hm... it's been over 2 weeks since last we heard from her.

how much control do you have to use over Arwen?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2009 09:26
Well, I'd imagine Arwen would struggle, feel some fear, etc, so I was wondering if I could take the creative liberty to make her do so...
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2009 05:28
It looks like we will have to improvise a little bit then. I would go ahead with the post for now, and if there are issues, we can change things later.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 15, 2009 05:14
ya that sounds good. I guess just try and keep it as minimal as possible, but do what you must, and we can change it up later.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 15, 2009 11:46
Hey, I'm back! (I was learning to ride ) I can be on regularly again, but not very long each day, so it might be slow, but we could do the JP if you like.

And I think we should move the other storyline too. I was the last who posted in it, should I continue my post?

[Edited on 16/8/2009 by Mirach]
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2009 05:47
Welcome back, Mirach!

If you want to do a JP, that'd be cool...not really familiar with how exactly to do that, but I'll pm you.

As for the other storyline, I'd completely left it behind with my focus on Durnaur. Not really sure where we're taking it right now, we need to figure out this traitor--who is playing him, who he is, how we find him.

ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2009 07:05
I'd be up for playing the traitor, if thats alright. Both of my current characters seem to be rather interwoven with him in terms of plot development.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 17, 2009 11:16
Good, I think we should play it now, to not stay behind with this storyline again...
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 18, 2009 05:40
Okay, Mirach and I are working on a JP which we'll have up as soon as possible. Glad to have someone playing the traitor.

Now, here's an idea I had while talking to Mirach via PM, and it's just an idea, but I thought I'd toss it in (As it pertains to the traitor). We were talking about whether or not Arwen would be unconsciouss after the poisoning. Mirach wants her conscious, so she'll obviously be able to tell Aragorn that it was Durnaur who poisoned her.

I figured Durnaur's defense would be that she's lying and he has some witnesses proving he was in his chambers the whole night--now this is where the (or A) traitor COULD come in. He could back up Durnaur's story, his presence would be revealed, but no one could put their finger down on him for sure.

Not sure if that would work out or if it's feasible. Just thought I'd throw that in.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2009 12:58
That seems like a plausible scenario. I have this idea though.

Arwen would be unconscious for most of the storyline. That way the traitor could remain hidden for a while longer, and Durnaur could continue with his plan.

Later, Arwen would regain consciousness, revealing that Durnaur poisoned her, and that the traitor was lying, exposing him.

Does that seem to work?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2009 02:09
You'll have to run that by Mirach, that's not my call to make. Sounds plausible.

So how does all this run after here. Durnaur poisons her, she falls unconscious (or not), do they still duel? Is that postponed? Are the companions sent out to find the healing herb or whatever.

On that note, I was wondering who would be able to tell them what to look for, and I thought either Aragorn could or perhaps Eowilinde...both should have a thorough knowledge of herbs, etc.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 19, 2009 05:12
well, Aragorn would still duel, he would not back out on his word. though the sudden blow would be alot for him to handle.

though im not sure who should win or not win or whatever... any ideas on how we could/should do this?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 20, 2009 03:51
Well...obviously Aragorn cannot lose the duel. *thinks* Durnaur COULD, but then he really wouldn't have any claim to the throne anymore. How exactly DO we want this chapter of our story to end, guys?

I put a line in there about Durnaur having a "friend" among the orcs, and having them start attacking and stuff (reports could start coming in about that btw). IF that relationship was allowed, should it be exposed?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 04:03
The JP is almost finished. I will only add Arwen's last part - when we decide if she should be consciouss or not. I don't like being unconsciouss for the whole time, she could have some hell moments with Aragorn, but maybe she is not able to speak. Although my idea was that to Aragorn it's clear who poisoned her, because he receives a message from Durnaur, deminding that he lose the duel - or Arwen dies... And not tell it to anyone - or Arwen dies... Durnaur can promise him the antidote if he loses the duel. (But privately he intends to kill him if he does, and Aragorn can suspect it.) So the only chance is to find the antidote before the duel. In secrecy, so he asks Tenuvian and comp.

I think we could end this chapter with Durnaur. But he can return to claim the crown with force, with an entire army.

But while they search for the antidote, Aragorn stays with Arwen, and ther wouldn't be much to write about if she is unconsciouss.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 03:50
Okay, here's what I'm thinking--the only problem with that is that the group only has ONE DAY to find a cure. The duel was scheduled for the following evening--they're certainly not going to have enough time are they?

Not sure how to solve that, just saying.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 23, 2009 04:03
well, i think that even if arwen didnt tell aragorn who did it, he would still suspect, then later get confirmation...

i like the idea about getting blackmail from durnuar.

Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2009 07:47
the one day for finding a cure can be a problem... Maybe Aragorn wouldn't want to accept Durnaur's conditions at first, so Durnaur wants to delay the duel to give the poison time to act?
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 24, 2009 02:11
I have one theory.

Durnaur could have the cure with him, and he would surrender it following being defeated by Aragorn in the duel.

Thoughts?
<< First1011121314
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email