Register

<< First910111213Last >>
Author Topic:
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
Post RE: OOC--The Battle for Ithilien
on: May 09, 2009 05:22
Oh no! the stupid hackers took that??? :banghead: dang it.

Mirach: yes, in the end he will find the strength. dont worry.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 11:54
Haha, Bereth, whenever I see your name on top of a post, I always subconsciously go "oh shoot, what'd I do wrong?" I agree with you though, Faramir would certainly have something to say on the matter.

I also like Imrahil speaking up to, and his interaction with the man of Harad could be interesting too.

Bereth, if you're still reading this, what do you think about the leader(s?) of Harad? I'll try to look it up, but offhand, are you aware of them having a king, lord, or tribes? They seem tribal to me, but I haven't researched them fully. I'm just trying to figure out who this Lord of Harad should be.

I also like the idea of either Aragorn finding strength within himself, or else being encouraged by Arwen (or both!). Either way, I think he should prove the stronger for the testing at the next council meeting, thus leading Durnaur to poison Arwen.

Did we figure out what comes after the poisoning?
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 09, 2009 01:30
Adara,

I'm not always the Mama Weremod...sometimes I can actually be helpful. *grins* However, I'm not sure I can offer much re: Harad. The only references I recall offhand concern the reign of Hyarmendacil (see the appendices and HOME 12), who overcame the "kings of Harad". From this one can deduce that the Haradrim were ruled by various kings, though I know of none that were named per se at the end of the third age/beginning of the fourth age.

BTW, I'm glad to see you back and posting such delightful posts.
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2009 11:54
Hey guys, just wanted to warn you that I'm going to be away for about two weeks ((*winces*))...That might pose a problem for the continuation of our story. My wedding is THIS Friday, so I'll be busy getting ready for that this week, and then I'll be gone on our honeymoon until the following Thursday.

Hopefully you guys can still post some while I'm gone, you have my permission to move my characters as you see fit. I'll try to post as soon as I can when I get back.
BerethEdhellen
RPG Moderator & Mistress of the Sea
Send Message
on: May 18, 2009 12:28
You're getting married???? Wow! Congratulations and best wishes for you and your husband-to-be. Enjoy your honeymoon....and "don't worry, be happy".
Life is good! Live it to the fullest. Love well those near and dear. "You cannot step into the same river twice, for the waters are ever flowing on ....." Heraclitus I Aear cân ven na mar
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 05:23
Don't worry about it Adara.

If we do have to "mess" with your characters, we'll be sure to do it minimally and as true to their uh, character.

Congrats!
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 11:39
Congratulations Adara, and best wishes for your life together! :heart:
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 01:33
My goodness! That is splendid news indeed, congratulations!
PotbellyHairyfoot
Grandpa Moderator
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 01:18
Congrats my dear!!. I was married last September, and it makes for a fabulous change.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 03:29
Just to let yall know I will be gone for a week, starting tomorrow.
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 01:04
Alrighty, looks like it'll be down to Mirach and myself for a little bit here. I'll do my best to continue the story, without leaving anyone behind in the dust.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 28, 2009 10:53
Eh... sorry for the delay. My computer was broken until yesterday, and tomorrow I'm leaving for the weekend, I can post at least now...
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 30, 2009 06:11
Hey friends!

I'm back from the wedding/honeymoon, and should be able to get back in action pretty soon.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2009 01:40
Hey Adara! Welcome back! I hope your honeymoon was nice.

I think we need a plan... Lenar and Eowilinde are a night behind the rest of the story. I think they should go to sleep soon, and continue the search in the morning, so that Aerdaneth can join them, too. Did we agree on the traitor? I think we have spoken about the scout, Dorus, didn't we? So we ask the guard at Durnaur's door (what's his name? Hadelf?), and he will tell us that he has seen Dorus there?

Gaius (Rivendell, you like Roman names, don't you? ) could tell them about the spy that Tenuvian interrogated, too, and in the morning they can get some informations from him (if he still lives). Seeing how Tenuvian has treated him could shake Lenar's idealistic image of his captain a bit, what could bring some tension into the story.

Then Faramir and Imrahil should speak in the council meeting, they didn't say anything there yet.

What do you think about it?

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2009 03:02
Sounds good to me...sorry if I jumped too far ahead with Durnaur...have to curb my excitement a little bit. I can't do much with Aerda until Lenar and Eowil rejoin her though...She's just kind of wandering around.

But the plan sounds pretty good to me.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 03, 2009 05:05
sounds good to me!

just one thing though, Eowilindë is not going to be able to get through that door. the only other way is for her to go back the way she came, and then she would just be wanderin around herself, not knowing where to find Lenar or Aerdaneth.

What if Gaius and Lenar finish their conversation, and Gaius has Lenar go back thru the tunnel (by himself), and Eowilindë meets him in there?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2009 10:50
She could return through the tunnel, and Lenar will meet her at the entrance after Gaius leaves. I suppose he knows the city and knows how to get there.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 07, 2009 04:29
hey Mirach, i think i need you to post with Lenar finding Eowilinde first before i can really post, cuz it wouldnt make a whole lot of sense to post Eowilinde's part right now.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2009 12:59
Yes, I'm aware of it. I'll just do one exam tomorrow, ok?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 08, 2009 04:19
Wasn't sure what to do with Aerdaneth, so I just left her at Marthal's house...you guys can feel free to return there or to the place (I forget where it is??) that Aerda and Eowil were staying before.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 10, 2009 10:40
That's perfectly fine. Eruce, could you get us there in the next post?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 14, 2009 11:54
ToRivendell, you play Faramir, right?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2009 05:21
Are we trying to get the trio (Lenar, etc) caught back up timewise, or are we proceeding with two separate time frames? Wasn't sure whether to post for Durnaur or not...
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2009 05:25
I think we should get them into the same time...
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 23, 2009 02:22
I'm going to have to concur with the time issue. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. My unit got called up for some training and I disapperared into the field for a while. Posting will be scarce for a while, but I will be here.

I'll try and do and post with Tenuvian and the council shortly.

~To Rivendell~
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 06:42
Wow, are you in the military, Rivendell? We'll be patiently awaiting each post. Wishing you the best of luck, and God bless.

Are we waiting for Faramir to speak or no?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 24, 2009 06:48
I am waiting for Faramir to speak, and then Lord Imrahil.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 25, 2009 01:30
So we have a real "ranger"? Wow, great!
I realized that Lenar doesn't have to wait for Faramir or Imrahil
Eruce, I wanted to ask about the elven sleep. Where is it said that elves do not sleep? I don't remember reading anything about it, besides the notion about Legolas when pursuing the orcs, but I thought that it was only an emergency solution... :blush:

[Edited on 25/6/2009 by Mirach]
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 26, 2009 03:43
Mirach:

...and he could sleep, if sleep it be called by Men, resting his mind in the strange paths of Elven dreams, even as he walked open-eyed in the light of this world.
~ The Two Towers, The Riders of Rohan.

This is where I took my information from. As far as I know, this is how elves slept. I could be wrong, but I do not remember any other time saying otherwise.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2009 03:39
Ummmm, okay...not sure what to do with Durnaur now...He doesn't have anything does he? Did we ever decide how he should respond? >_<
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 27, 2009 08:20
erm... hmm. well, this will make him mad and take some drastic measures. perhaps he just tries to say something, but it's obvious it won't really fly, so he poisens Arwen to try to blackmail Aragorn into relinquishing the throne?

I'm thinking.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 27, 2009 12:19
I don't know if we threw this idea aside already, but he could demand a duel. And before the duel actually begins, he will poison Arwen and blackmail Aragorn to either lose the duel counsciously, or give up even before it begins.

And, hm, Adara, Lenar is a healthy young man... I'm wondering if such fortrightiness from Aerda's side should awoke certain hopes. If I should play him realistically, then he would maybe want something more then friendship (as I know him...), so I want to ask how realistically I should play him.

And, well... I have a confession to make... *a very serious face* I won't have regular internet access during the whole July and August. I will try to post as I can to keep the story moving. And between July 6th and 16th I won't be on at all. Have a nice summer!

[Edited on 27/6/2009 by Mirach]
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 12:07
Let me know what you think about the duel situation...I could definitely do that. I'm not sure the council would go for it though...

And as for Adara and Lenar, I was playing the middle ground and leaving that option open should either of us decide to take our characters that way. By all means play him realistically, but how would you like Aerda to respond? I think she would be hesitant and uncertain of his intentions (should he show interest), but it's clear she already has warm feelings for him.

Awww, we're going to miss you Mirach! Hope you have an excellent summer as well.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: June 29, 2009 03:08
maybe that is it, the council doesnt approve, so the duel is a bit unconventional? i think it should be done though.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 30, 2009 06:05
Okay, so, the council doesn't approve, but Durnaur insists his challenge remains...Aragorn, not wishing to appear weak, would be forced to the duel, even though if Durnaur won it wouldn't give him the throne because the council did not say that was valid...?
<< First910111213Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email