Register

<< First1011121314
Author Topic:
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: OOC--The Battle for Ithilien
on: August 24, 2009 05:20
Hmmm...well the only problem with that is the whole point of him poisoning Arwen is so that he will have leverage to make Aragorn either give up the duel or lose purposely and THEN he could hand over an antidote. If he only handed it over when he lost, he would have little purpose in poisoning her other than to make Aragorn very stressed.

It's very confusing. I do think we might abandon the quest to find the cure unless it was something which could be found nearby. A long diversion would probably lead us no where good. How then Arwen will be saved is still a mystery.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 24, 2009 05:28
wow that was an intense post yall!

hmm... no, he wouldnt hand it over if he lost. though, let's answer this question: is this duel to the death or not? cuz if it is, Aragorn would kill him and then the antidote would be won. it would be an intense duel, that aragorn almost loses, b/c of doubled stress and such. what do yall think? do we wish to kill durnuar?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2009 03:58
Well, you can kill Durnaur if you like, or I know someone had mentioned him coming back with his armies and attacking Gondor. That's a major plot decision which ToRivendell could make the final decision on or we could vote.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 26, 2009 11:32
I think that we could leave the day for aquiring the antidote then. They could get it from Durnaur's quarters, maybe with the help of Dorus.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 01:27
Sounds good...Wait, who's Dorus?

All of these secondary characters are getting me confused. >_<
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 02:36
It seems a few major ideas have come out of this.

The antidote will not be surrenderd by Durnaur.

A long diversion "searching" for the antidote is a bad call. If it is going to be found, it must be nearby.

I have one more idea to pitch out:

Lenar could discover the traitor, along with the anti-dote, and put two and two together and realize that its for Arwen. He could then give it to Arwen, who would wake up, revealing Durnaur as her poisoner. After that, Aragorn could decide whether or not to kill Durnaur.

Does that plot line seem to work?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: August 27, 2009 02:44
AND... to make it more exciting, this could all happen while they are preparing and then actually fighting, and Aragorn is losing the fight, until news is brought to him (during a respite) and then Aragorn gains the advantage, and then has to make the choice of death or life. Suspense! what do yall think to that?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2009 11:20
I like it! Just one question remains: how will they reveal the traitor?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 28, 2009 11:30
Good, good, this is shaping up very well. So we must decide how to expose the traitor...*thinks*
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2009 03:36
We could have Lenar do some intelligence gathering, and find out who was guarding Durnaur on all the nights he left his quarters undetected. He could then confront the traitor, discover some evidence of his betrayel, such as a message from Durnaur, and expose him.

How does that work?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2009 05:34
Sounds fine to me.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2009 01:58
I'm sorry for the absence, I was moving to the city where I study... I'll try to post tomorrow.

Lenar and a intelligence gathering??? Well, okay But someone should find Arwen also, I think Aragorn would be the most appropriate. She is still lying there alone, poor girl...
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2009 05:02
I must also apologize for my absence. We moved to a new apartment and didn't have internet for a good while. But I'm back!!
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 16, 2009 05:12
Sorry to double post, I'm going to post in the RPG and have Aerda mention seeing who was guarding him on the nights he escapes. Also, does Lenar and his group know yet of Arwen's poisoning? How will they find out?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2009 12:00
Welcome back!

They don't know it yet. Maybe Tenuvian will inform them after the meeting with the king?
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2009 04:05
That sounds like a decent plan. Perhaps they should report to Tenuvian after they question the guards to tell him of their progress?
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 21, 2009 08:26
ok, but whose turn to post is it now?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: September 27, 2009 04:07
sorry...

um, I can post Eowilindë now, but before I can really post for Aragorn again I need Faramir and Tenuvian to get to him...
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 28, 2009 12:26
I think we need ToRivendell...
BUt I won't be able to post much during November because of NaNoWriMo.

[Edited on 28/10/2009 by Mirach]
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 02, 2009 02:47
Alright everyone, this threat had slowed down to almost a complete stop. Unless I hear any objections, I'm going to declare this thead dead. It's been fun, and see you all around COE!
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 03, 2009 06:26
I think it was only the logistics what was a bit amiss... I saw Eruceninde's post that she needs Faramir and Tenuvian for her post, but for some reason I missed ToRivendells last post... :banghead: I did not realize you was waiting for me, I will post as soon as possible. I'm sorry!
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 03, 2009 06:39
I was gunna say... I think we just got confused on who's turn it was. I really don't want to see this one die...
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 08, 2009 02:05
I'm sure we have spoken about this before, but who's the traitor? I'm getting a bit distracted by thinking about my NaNoWriMo novel...
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 09, 2009 08:28
Wait, so is the RPG dead or alive? LOL I'm confused.

I think there's a great deal of confusion regarding the traitor in general...I'm not sure we ever gave him an identity..
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2009 11:53
I wouldn't tell it's dead, but ToRivendell has the main word here. There was only some confusion about the order of posts, and I was not on the site for some time.

And I think it's the highest time to get him an identity. Does the name Dinelhir sound good to you?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 10, 2009 04:03
Name sounds good to me. So are we just waiting on the word from ToRivendell?
ToRivendell
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 12:29
Alright, well clearly its not as "dead" as I had thought. If everyone is still here, by all means let's continue.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 02:05
Yep I'm still here.

who needs to post next?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 04:11
We probably need to hear from Lenar about that list soon, I'd imagine...

I think we do need to clarify a few things...or I need to get them clear in my mind...

Okay, so, the traitor has or has access to (knows the whereabouts of?) the antidote? And Lenar and the company will go find that, meanwhile Aragorn has no choice but to duel Durnaur (is that in the evening or the morning?)...halfway through the bout, perhaps at a pause, Lenar and the company return with the antidote?
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 14, 2009 05:07
yes... ok.

1. ToRivendell, in order for the duel to happen, Tenuvian and Faramir need to arrive at the King's quarters so he can tell them some things. I believe, Adara, that the duel is to be that night.

2. This will be tight timewise. Aragorn will start to fight Durnuar, while Lenar and Co. are finding the antidote. It was also agreed that Aragorn would be losing, until, during a respite, Aragorn got news of the finding of the antidote. this would give him the edge to win, and then choose whether or not to kill Durnuar. I suppose we will talk about that one further when the time comes, Adara.

3. I would think the traitor would more likely know the whereabouts of the antidote than have access to it. this would make Lenar and Co have to go get it, and they being driven as time wanes for the losing King and Queen.

I think that answers questions perhaps?
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 16, 2009 05:23
Sounds good to me.
Mirach
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 17, 2009 12:48
Yes, to me too
Any volunteers to play Dinelhir?
openmeadow
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2009 01:20
Hello everyone! I just wanted to say that I've completely read all of the RP you have going here, and say that is truly awesome what you have done with it. I'd love to be part of it if you'd allow me.

I had discussed this with Mirach, and she came up with an idea for a character, and I wondered what you thought of it. My character would be the brother of the traitor, a Ranger who had just returned from Ithilien. At first, he defends his brother's actions , but then later sees that his brother had done wrong. Possibly, he then wants to go and ammend for what damage his brother did do.

Again, just an idea Mirach had, but hey... anything happens.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: November 18, 2009 06:51
W00t, I'd love to see another RPGer join the group! I say the more the merrier, maybe you can put some life in us, as I know we've floundered a little bit in the last few weeks.

Of course the ultimate decision lies in the hands of ToRivendell.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: November 18, 2009 07:11
hmm that's quite a feat you did there, reading the whole thing! lol!!

Perhaps it would be better if you took over the traitor himself, as well as his brother? What do you think, ToRivendell?
<< First1011121314
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email