Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond's Message (PM or post in the OOC for pending approval)
on: March 03, 2009 05:58
"Of course," said Arvanion. "Thank the Valar that I didn't manage to get a shot off, or I'd have been convalescing all day. We still have three and a half weeks to find the message, but there's no sense in wasting time." He motioned to his companions. "Let's get going while the light lasts."
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 05, 2009 01:54
Merkawen rode up to the small party haughtily, as usual. 'We've caught up to them again,' she complained loudly to her guards. One of them, Belegann, winced and glanced at the warriors. 'Sorry about her,' he said. 'Which way are you going? We would be glad to join you if we are headed in the same direction. Our quest seems to have failed - we have lost her brother's trail.'

ooc: (Mind if I join you?)
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 06, 2009 06:50
Arvanion and the party rode around a bend in the road to see a group of warriors spread out across the path. Arvanion began to reach for his bow, but Radavik stopped him. "Wait," the old ranger told him. "They don't look like they mean us any harm. Perhaps if you could explain the nature of our quest to them, they could help us. A few more swords are always welcome."

Arvanion nodded and nudged his horse forward. "Hail, travellers!" he called. "What is your business in these lands?"

((OOC: For those of you who don't know, I am playing Radavik until Mirach has enough spare time to tend to this RP. As for Loslote, I did actually invite her in the Newbie Pub, so not posting in the OOC doesn't matter in this case. Loslote, how many do you have? I'll have to increase the number of enemies accordingly. Also, do you think you could say that Lady_Alya's healer Eluriel was in your party?))

[Edited on 7/3/2009 by arvanion898]
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 07, 2009 11:23
Naegauth nodded gruffly at Radavik.

"They will help us in the long run, but we are wasting time standing here talking about things that don't concern us!" he said lowly, "We are running out of time. I wouldn't be surprised if the message was long gone by the time we arrived!"

He leaned over to Arvanion.

"Sorry to be rude," he said impatiently, "But tell these folk to hurry up. Rudeness is not a factor here, we must be hasty!"

(ooc: don't take my elf's remarks personally; he is not a very nice fellow! I'm just trying to maintain character.)
Loslote
Send Message
on: March 07, 2009 06:24
Belegann and the other guards quietly told Merkawen that they would be joining the other travelers, then attempted to distract the rest of the group as she went into near hysterics. Belegann glanced at the warriors. 'We would be glad to assist you in your quest. We do have experience in the wild, so we won't slow you down any.'

((ooc: sure, Eluriel can be with us. I don't mind rude characters: as you can probably tell, Merkawen is a handful, too.))
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2009 03:00
"Thank you," said Arvanion, doing as close to a bow in the saddle as he could. The guard who seemed to be in charge inclined his head politely as his fellows attempted to calm down the young woman who was riding with them.

"We are headed for Eregion," Arvanion explained. "Lord Elrond sent me to Cirdan with an important message, but alas, I was ambushed on the way and the dispatch was taken. The bandits who stole it plan to sell the information to the Dark Lord. It is imperative that we gain it back before the new moon."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2009 04:18
(OOC~That would be Eleniel... )

Eleniel moved softly through the trees, her feet soft on the forest floor. She paused here and there to examine a plant, especially herbs, and suddenly cocked her head to the side, black hair falling over her shoulder. She heard voices. Several knives were sheathed about her person and she drew one that was larger than the others and perfectly balanced for throwing. Scanning the trees rapidly with her pale green eyes, she moved toward the voices.

The trees broke and she saw a group gathered on the path. "--before the new moon," she heard one say. Eleniel stepped on a stick and it snapped sharply, blowing her cover. Heads turned in her direction and several weapons were instantly aimed at her. Smoothly, she sheathed her knife with a fluid motion and held up empty hands. "Peace," she said slowly, speaking for the first time in several years. "I am naught but a wandering healer. Perhaps I can be of assistance to you?"
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 02:02
Orchalie shifted from foot to foot uncomfortably, watching as more came to join the once-small group. She was fine with larger groups, but if anyone started to try and order her around when it wasn't needed...Sighing, she stroked Faeor's mane.

She then walked over to the newest memeber of the party--she had heard something along the lines of her being a healer. She offered her hand to the new one. "I'm sure it would be a pleasure to have you join us...seems like we've started to gather quite a number already!" She threw a look to Arvanion, then continued. "Let's just hope we can start before it becomes too dark."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2009 04:48
"Were do these people come from?" Naegauth said to himself. The trio of companions they once had was now growing into a large fellowship!

"Yes, we could use another companion in this difficult journey we have been on," Naegauth said to the healer, "We have been traveling for days and I think you could help us out."

Naegauth looked at all of the knives that the healer had with her.

He smiled grimly, "It looks like you can do a little more than healing. In fact you could probably do quite the opposite."

Naegauth glanced over at Arvanion.

"She should come with us," he said, "But I do agree with Orchalie; we must not waste any more time here before the darkness catches up to us. I am getting very impatient with all of this. That message might be long gone by the time we arrive unless we hurry up."

He readied his horse and mounted it.

"Make your decision swiftly."

[Edited on 10/3/2009 by Passepartout]
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 11, 2009 07:53
Eleniel smiled at the one who had last spoken to her. "I can do both, quite well, thank you. I am used to fending for myself." A shadow crossed her face and as quickly as it had come, it was gone. "Do you require my services before you move on? I would be glad to come with you."
Loslote
Send Message
on: March 12, 2009 11:18
Belegann and the two other guards surrounded Merkawen and prepared to leave with the others. Although Merkawen was still sulking, she had promised not to make too big of a nuisance of herself. Belegann glanced at Eleniel. "None of us are hurt, but it will certainly be good to have a healer on the journey." Admittedly, he did overemphasize journey, but standing around made him anxious...
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2009 11:33
"Do you require my services before you move on?" asked the healer.

"None of us are hurt, but it will certainly be good to have a healer on the journey," said the apparent leader of the warrior group. Arvanion grinned tightly.

"Actually, I would be grateful if you could advise me on how to heal more quickly," he said, gesturing to his side. "I took a wound when I was attacked on the road, and I'm not quite in fighting condition. I don't what everyone else to have to go out of their way to protect me." He looked up at the sun, judging its angle. "I think that will have to wait, though," he said. "I reckon we only have a few hours of daylight left." He hauled himself up onto his horse. "Come on," he called.

They rode for four hours until the shades of night had fallen over the forest. Radavik pulled his horse alongside Arvanion. "Are you sure that you're all right?" asked the ranger.

Arvanion chuckled. "I'm glad that Orchalie isn't as much of a mother hen as you are, or I'd be killed by your caring for me."

Radavik smiled. "Back when you ran your first message, I wasn't quite sure if you were going to be able to handle it. You were quite young and flighty back then. You've sobered since then, but I miss your old spirit."

Arvanion looked into the distance. "The road changes you; I don't know how to explain it. Somehow, all those days by myself made me reluctant to embrace society again." He looked around at the suddenly large party that he was commanding and smiled thinly. "It seems that society has taken it upon itself to embrace me."

Radavik was silent for a moment, then shrugged. "The life of a ranger is lonely, but we take every chance we can for contact with others. Do you remember when I dragged you into that tavern?"

Arvanion grinned. "Do I ever! I never visited a tavern again until..." His grin faded. "Until several days ago." He glanced off to the side of the road, where a group of trees had been felled as a waypoint for travelers. "We'll stop here for the night. Sharpen your swords; we'll be in Eregion tomorrow."

((OOC: Since Mirach is gone, I thought that some reminisence between the two former acquaintances would provide a nice change from the monotony of the road. The epicness will start soon...))
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2009 02:17
Eleniel drank from her water skin as they stopped for the night. She had kept pace with the horses quite well on her own--she had even out run deer at one time in her life. She was not concerned.

Now, she approached Arvanion. "You mentioned having a wound--in your side, I presume. I can heal it for you." She brought out some fresh herbs that she had just collected that morning and bounding them to Arvanion's side with a soft bandage. "That should do," she said softly. "Good as new."

As the half-elf examined her work, Eleniel backed off to a spot by herself beneath a tree and pulled some waybread out of her small pack. Humming softly to herself, she began to eat.

[Edited on 13/3/2009 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 15/3/2009 by Lady_Alya]

[Edited on 17/3/2009 by PotbellyHairyfoot]
Loslote
Send Message
on: March 12, 2009 02:54
Belegann looked up from securing his horse. There was an unnerving silence...what was Merkawen up to? He scanned the clearing, then froze as he saw her walking over to Orchalie. "Oh, no," he muttered. Merkawen's voice shattered the peacefulness. "I'm so glad that I'm not the only woman here," she said loudly. "I don't know how you stand it, being around all these men. I would go crazy." Belegann jumped to his feet and, followed by the other guards, towed Merkawen away from the ranger. She protested, of course, but her guards shushed her, and she settled back into her pout.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2009 10:19
Orchalie chuckled softly as the woman was dragged away, calling out after her, "I've had to deal with them my whole life. Eventually you learn to live with them." She then had Faeor trot over with the other members of the group. It seemed they were going to rest in a clearing not too far off. It was rather open...a perfect place that someone could easily be dragged off or hurt. Orchalie turned to Arvanion and asked, "If it is alright with you, I would prefer to have a guard while we sleep...just in case. I will do so myself, if you see fit."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 13, 2009 11:00
"I will keep watch," Eleniel spoke up. When they looked at her with doubt in their eyes, Eleniel just smiled. "Believe me, my senses are a lot sharper than you imagine. Years alone sharpen these things."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 07:07
Though Eleniel was keeping watch in the night, Naegauth refused to sleep. Many thoughts were going through his mind about his past and he felt that not even sleep would overcome them. He sat away from the group looking out at the stars when he saw a familiar shadow pass over the moon. Soon a raven landed on his shoulder.

"Daereth!" he exclaimed, "You are finally back!"

Suddenly all of the thoughts of his dark past were forgotten as soon as the raven came by. Naegauth pet the raven.

"This time I need you to stay," he said sternly, "I don't think that I could move on any longer without an old friend."

The raven cawed quietly in response.

Naegauth nodded and then resumed looking at the stars in the beautiful night.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 09:48
Orchalie woke from an uneasy sleep. She had been having those same dreams she had in the past...her mother and father abandoning her, the wood nearby bursting into flame...she shuddered from the mere thought of it. Silently she sat up and hugged her knees. Eventually the dreams would stop--that's what everyone always told her.

Orchalie looked around. It looked like she wasn't the only one who was having a difficult time sleeping. It looked like another one of the group members--she believed it was the one who called himself Naegauth--was sitting away from the group with a raven on his shoulder. Curious, she walked over to where he was and sat down next to him.

"You seemed troubled," she quietly said, grinning slightly as he jumped a little. "Is there anything I can do to help?"
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 12:06
Naegauth looked in surprise at the ranger sitting beside him.

"Thank you for your worries Orchalie, but I'm afraid that you cannot help me. Unless you have the ability to undo things that have happened in the past, which I assume that you can't."

A small smile came to his face.

"You look a little troubled yourself," he said, "If you have anything that ever bothers you, you can talk to me or my raven, Daereth."

Naegauth laughed quietly.

"Don't worry about me though," he said, "I have coped with my past all these years and I think I can handle it. Thank you for your concern, ranger."

Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 02:04
Eleniel noted the coming of the crow and the restlessness of several of her new companions. Quietly, she slid a knife out of a sheath and examined herself on the spotless blade. The starlight made her look even paler than she was. She attempted a smile. Perhaps if she could smile, she would be taken for being more friendly. Eleniel sighed. It is not your fault that you have been so alone for so long, she told herself. It is just that the wilderness has left you not knowing how to handle yourself around people. Eleniel found herself wondering why she had come. You need these people and they need your help, she decided. Stay long enough to see... she fumbled for the name. Arvanion, yes, that is his name, Arvanion back on his feet. Eleniel replaced her knife and stared out across the sky. Words, like drops of water, welled up from her heart, but she did not feel like writing them down. Perhaps later.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2009 03:54
CHAPTER TWO
~~~~~~~~~~

For the first night since the attack on the road, Arvanion slept painlessly, sleeping deeply all night. However, instead of dreaming, his mind was caught up in strategems of how to regain the message from the bandits. Eleniel can hang back with me and Radavik, he thought. The guard Belegann can accompany Naegauth on the front lines, although I'm not sure what his charge will do in the fight. He was so busy planning that he barely noticed that the night had passed. Radavik walked up to him bearing a plate of food.

"This is it," said the ranger simply.

"This is it," agreed Arvanion, digging into the bacon. His side barely hurt, and he found himself appreciating the herblore of the healer.

"Do you have a plan for the battle?" inquired Radavik.

"As a matter of fact, I do," said Arvanion. "Naegauth and Belegann's guards will take up positions in the ruins with their bows, while you, I, and Eleniel will stay out of the fight and tend to the wounded."

"Sounds simple enough to me," said Radavik. "Then again, the best plans are often the simple ones; most complicated plans go awry if you take even one element of them out." Arvanion grinned crookedly and finished wolfing down his breakfast.

They rode for perhaps five hours, and the road became smoother where it had been used more in old times. The ancient skeletons of burned-out buildings loomed on either side of the road, and Arvanion shot uneasy glances to either side. The bandits could be lurking anywhere, he thought in disquiet. "Be ready for battle at any moment," he said, loosening his sword in its sheath. Not that I'll do much good with it, he thought wryly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

((Eladan, this is where you come in. When you come out, feel free to have Radavik menace you with an arrow and Arvanion ask you who you are. It makes it so much easier for you to introduce yourself. Once we've ascertained that you're a friend, Radavik and Arvanion will relax, although I can't say whether or not for everyone else's characters. ))

[Edited on 17/3/2009 by arvanion898]
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 09:41
Elurin sat motionlessly watching the bandits go about their business. They were unaware that he watching them. They seemed careless, as if they didn't have anything to fear. Elurin was tempted to shoot them where they stood, then a scout came up to the one who appeared to be the leader. "There is a strange company coming toward us. Among them are two elves and some rangers." "What! How does anyone know we are here? Quick get the men together, we will take care of these fools." The leader picked up his sword and began to muster his band together.

Elurin ran out of the ruins to meet the small company, he would need help getting rid of these bandits. As the small company neared the edge of the ruins, Elurin stepped out onto the road with his hands held out in peace.
"Stay your weapons. I am here to help." The Ranger in the lead lowered his bow and asked, "Who are you and what are you doing here?"
"I am Elurin and I have lived here for some years. There is no time for talk though, the bandits know you are here and they are on their way."

(OOC- Hope that works.)
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 15, 2009 11:17
Eleniel had two of her best throwing knives in her hands as the strange Elf appeared. Years of living alone molded her to trust no one, though for some reason, she felt trust towards this dark-haired Elf. Keeping her eyes shaded by dark eyelashes, she watched him as he and Arvanion made their plans. Like herself, he appeared to be a loner. Carefully, she replaced one of her light knives and drew the heavier, broader knife from her belt. It was a hunting knife and her best friend. It had saved her life more than once. "My lords, we are about to have visitors," she said, keeping her voice low. Some of the bandits were closing in about them. "It is about to begin."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 10:44
Naegauth drew his longbow and nocked an arrow.

"Coming into the ruins head-on wasn't the best idea," he said to the others, "I guess this shall be the last stand to regain that message."

He looked over at Arvanion.

"This time," Naegauth said coldly, "No one will get any mercy. It is too risky to leave any of these mercenaries breathing once were finished with them. The bandits that we faced recently are nothing compared to these. We are lucky to have such a large group."

Naegauth looked around him at the bandits coming closer and closer.

"This message of yours better be important, Arvanion!"

[Edited on 16/3/2009 by Passepartout]
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 10:49
Arvanion cursed his idiocy. How could I have neglected the knowledge that they would be watching us? This isn't going to go well. There's no point in an attempt at secrecy "Battle positions!" he yelled. The band leapt to the ready, drawing back their bows. "Fire!" shouted Arvanion, and the arrows hissed into the air.

Arvanion nocked another arrow, noting with absent pleasure that there was only a small strain at his side. I'd better not push it, nevertheless, he thought to himself. "Fire!" he yelled again. Scanning the battlefield, he saw that perhaps eight bandits were down to the arrows, and three more were wounded.

I'd estimate that there are about fifty or sixty bandits in this particular band, not counting their friends, he estimated. He counted his own band and groaned inwardly. With the two rangers, the newcomer, himself, Naegauth, Eleniel, and the band of guards, there were only fourteen of them. We'll just have to give four times as good as we get, and pray to the Valar that we don't take too many casualties, he thought hopelessly. "Fire!" he shouted again. Bandit arrows fell among them, and Radavik winced as one of them skimmed along his shoulder, opening a shallow cut.

"I'm fine," said the ranger, wiping off the blood. "It's not too bad; I can still fire a bow." He exhibited this by launching off a quick snap shot, taking one of the bandit archers through the throat. The bandit, who had been about to fire, fell backwards and shot up into the air, his arrow coming down harmlessly on the road.

"Anyone hurt?" Arvanion asked, ducking as an arrow whistled several feet over his head.

"Apart from a few flesh wounds, not yet," replied Radavik, wiping the blood off of his shoulder again. "I wouldn't count on it lasting, though."

"There are more of them coming!" called one of Merkawen's guards, aiming an arrow.

"They're going to try to close the distance between us," said Arvanion grimly. "Have your swords ready, and get ready to charge when I give the signal." Closing his ears to the wild battle-cries of the bandits, Arvanion waited.

((OOC: Loslote, I needed to give Merkawen a definite number of guards: seven. How many of them am I allowed to kill off during the battle? Not taking any casualties is unrealistic, and I'd like to keep it as close to reality as I can. Also, I'm wondering if we others are allowed to speak for Belegann at all, since he's not technically one of the main characters. I spoke for one of the guards, since I think they count as NPCs, but I can change the line if need be.))
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 05:25
Naegauth fired again and again by the command of Arvanion. They were doing exceptionally well for the amount of bandits they were against. Each time Naegauth fired, one bandit died; he made sure of it.

Arrows hissed by his head and he ducked and dodged between drawbacks. One of the arrows flew past his side and cut the side of his ribcage. Naegauth cursed in pain but did not try to stop firing. The cut wasn't too bad, but he would have problems if it wasn't tended to after the battle. If he survived, he thought. Naeguath aimed his bow at the bandit that shot him and fired a shot into the man's skull.

Naeguath started to pant with pain but did not falter. He noticed a few bandits running closer. Three of them ran towards him. Two were shot down by the others. The last one snarled at Naegauth and raised a sword to slash at him. The bandit swung his weapon but Naegauth ducked under it and stabbed his knife into the bandit. The man swooned and then crashed into the ground. Naegauth sheathed his knife and drew his bow and nocked another arrow.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 16, 2009 05:49
Orch grunted as she backed up into a larger rock she hadn't noticed, firing an arrow every few seconds to try and help her battling comrades. Over the uproar, she glanced at Arvanion. "There seems to be way too many bandits around here for them to just appear," she shouted out to him. "Are you sure we weren't followed or set up for this?" Another bandit came at her, and she thrust the arrow into his side then notched it and fired at another coming.

The bandit she had thought was down stood and cut Orch's leg badly. She winced, throwing her bow aside for a moment and pulling out her short sword and swinging it at him. Smiling grimly as he fell, she picked her bow again, notching it and saying to herself, Whatever's happened, I don't know how much more of this I can take! She fired three more arrows, each hitting their deadly mark on the bandits. It's a good thing we've got a healer among us now...I have a feeling we're going to need her help.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2009 08:18
Eleniel pulled her dark cloak about her, shrouding herself from immediate detection. Grasping her bag and a knife, she stayed low to the ground and made her way toward Orch. "Keep firing, else they will be upon is faster than you can say 'battle'." She pulled her bag open and began selecting her herbs, still fresh from yesterday. She crushed them with her bare hands and packed them in Orch's leg, wrapping them with strips of cloth from her bag. "Watch that one over there," she whispered. As Orch fired, Eleniel flipped a knife off with a smooth flick of her wrist and watched the bandit fall. "Let me know if you need any other wounds bandaged," she said and then darted off, retrieving her knife.

She made her way to Naegauth's side. "Easy," she cautioned. He panted rapidly as he bared his side. Eleniel crushed more herbs and patched him up. "Be careful," she said, firing off another knife.

Time found her at Elurin's side. "How many more are there?" she asked him softly. He jumped slightly, but his hands did not falter.
Loslote
Send Message
on: March 17, 2009 09:50
Merkawen hid up a tree like her guards had told her to. She watched the battle nervously. She had seen her people fight worse odds - once. As she watched, one of her guards was overwhelmed by bandits, but he managed to kill several before he died. The other six guards were still fighting, but one had lost the use of his arm. Merkawen assumed that that was not a good sign. She saw another of her guards fall, but couldn't tell if he still lived or not. The bandits were dying in great numbers, but there were still so many...

((ooc: All the guards are NPCs. You can kill off up to four of them.))
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2009 10:52
Naegauth sighed thankfully when he got patched up by Eleniel. Now the only thing he had to worry about was the battle. His raven cawed on his shoulder. Naegauth swore at his stupidity for letting the bird come with him.

"I almost forgot about you," he said, "You need to leave."

But the raven gripped his shoulder tighter and stood its ground. Naegauth nodded and then sighed as he picked off another one of the bandits. A arrow wished past his head again and he thought he heard a sharp noise in his ear. He looked at his shoulder and noticed that the raven was gone.

"No!" he yelled loudly.

Ignoring the arrows raining past them, Naegauth swept the raven up off the ground it had landed on. It had a hole in one of its wings and it cawed weakly. He set on the ground away from the battle and turned towards the bandits. His face was twisted in furry and rage.

"You will all pay," he said sharply.

A few bandits flinched at his words, but kept firing. Naegauth nocked an arrow and shot it at one of their chests, killing him. He ripped out his knife and then ran up to two others and sliced both of them down. Both of the bandits managed to nick his shoulder and thigh with small daggers, but no serious damage occurred. Naegauth sheathed his knife and began firing again and again, rapidly, at bandits. The bandages on his side grew wetter with blood and he started to pant again but he ignored it.

"No one will ever touch Daereth again!" he yelled crazily.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2009 12:06
Arvanion saw Daereth fall and Naegauth ran into battle like a berserker. "We need to help him!" he yelled to Radavik.

The ranger nodded and beckoned to the guards. "Come on!" he called, drawing his sword. "We can't let our companion die!" Two guards joined the pair, hacking at the bandits, and they cut their way towards Naegauth. The elf was bleeding freely, but fought with a frenzied rage, dealing death to the bandits around him.

Arvanion locked blades with a bandit and, grunting with effort, shoved the man over. Radavik stabbed the bandit before he could rise and parried a heavy axe-stroke. A pair of spearmen charged at the small group. Arvanion sidestepped and slashed one across the throat, but the guard on his right was not so lucky: he was impaled through the chest and fell. Radavik immediately avenged the Mirkwood elf, decapitating the spearman. However, more bandits pressed around the trio.

"Not much farther," panted Arvanion as he exchanged blows with another bandit. The bandit aimed a killing blow at him, but Arvanion ducked under the man's sword and thrust his sword into his chest. The bandit toppled backwards, dropping his sword. As it fell, the sword glanced off Arvanion's shoulder, leaving a shallow cut. The half-elf winced.

"Bad luck," muttered Radavik, using the hilt of his sword to punch a bandit. The dazed man staggered backwards and was thrown aside by his comrades as they charged. The second guard fell to their weapons, but Arvanion and Radavik finally broke into the circle of death around Naegauth.

"Finally," gasped Arvanion, moving towards the other elf. "Naegauth!" he cried. "It's us! You can..." He jumped backwards as the battle-crazed elf swung at him with his knife. "Naegauth! Pull yourself together! We can still save Daereth, but we need to pull out of here!" He seized Naegauth's knife-arm and began dragging him out of the fight, while Radavik drew his bow to keep the bandits at bay. They managed to retreat to the edge of the battle.

There was a lull in the fighting as the remaining bandits retreated to bandage their wounds and prepare for a second assault. "How many have we lost?" he asked the chief guard.

Belegann shrugged. "Three of my guards were killed," he said unhappily. "Two were killed when you rescued Naegauth, and one fell on the front lines. Naegauth and two more of the guards are badly wounded, and the rest of us have minor cuts and bruises, but we'll live."

"Let's hope," muttered Radavik darkly.

"How long will it be until they attack again?" asked one of the wounded guards anxiously.

"I don't know," said Arvanion, "but we'll have to be gone by then. There's no way that we can hold out against them."

"But the message--" Radavik protested.

"We'll worry about the message later," said Arvanion sharply. "We still have three days until the full moon. Until then, we'll have to see how many of them we can pick off."

((OOC: Battle's over now... The remainder of the fighting in this chapter will be guerilla warfare. That's right, I said chapter... I'm hinting at something to come. I've added in the chapter system now... Chapter One begins in the first post, and Chapter Two begins when we arrive in Eregion.))

[Edited on 17/3/2009 by arvanion898]
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2009 12:26
Naegauth heaved and panted as he saw the destruction that the three of them caused. He was trying to calm down by taking deep breaths. He had Daereth on the palms of his hands and he was on the verge of crying. Soon tears flooded out and he desperately tried to wipe them away, but eventually let them flow free.

"I'm sorry Daereth," he said, "I didn't mean to let you get hurt."

The raven cawed lightly in reply.

"I have to find that healer quickly!" he said. Naegauth arose with the raven and began searching for Eleniel. He also needed treatment, but his mind was only set on saving the poor raven's life.

"Eleniel!" he cried, "I need your help!"
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2009 01:35
Orch sighed with relief as the bandits left. She stood and kept watch for when they came back, but couldn't help overhearing Naegauth freaking out. Something about that raven being injured and needing medical attention. She allowed herself a quick glance back at him, and from that quick glance it looked like he needed the help more than the bird did. Orch scanned the area, then spotted the healer. She called out to her, "It looks like there is a small group in need of your assistance. Go quickly!" She then sat on the rock and watched the trees, wondering what she had gotten herself into by joining this group.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2009 03:47
Eleniel excused herself from Eladan's side and went to join the wounded. Her eye swept the man and his raven. Naegauth was in worse condition than his bird, but knowing that he would not rest until the bird was seen to, Eleniel knelt beside the fallen flyer, gently snapped the arrow in two pieces, and removed it. She packed the wound with some crushed herbs and wrapped some linen around it. Thankfully, the arrow had missed the delicate bones of the bird's wing.

Eleniel turned her eyes upon Naegauth and Arvanion. "Come, we need to see to you as well," she said, keeping her voice soft. She took out her mortar and pestle and began selecting her herbs. Her sharp green eyes found a clump of mint behind them and she plucked a few leaves. "Chew on this if you feel ill," she instructed, going about rebandageing the wounds. "These need to be washed before too long," she continued. "See me when we make camp and boil some water."
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2009 05:48
"We can not stay here tonight. There are still bandits around here. Come I will lead you all to my place." Elurin lead the company out of the ruins and into the woods. After an half-hours march they reached a large clearing.

"Here we are. We can rest here without fear of being attacked."

(OOC-Sorry about the short post. I am in a time crunch.)
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email