Welcome Guest 

Register

<< First34567
Author Topic:
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond's Message (PM or post in the OOC for pending approval)
on: May 05, 2009 05:39
Orch chuckled as she relaxed a little. Now what are the odds of finding a halfling out in this sort of place? she wondered, slightly suspicious. One doesn't see them often outside the Shire...

Orch overheard the hobbit talking about Rivendell. The mentioning of one of the only places she could actually call home brought back a flood of memories and feelings--at least, all that she could remember after her supposed memory loss when her parents mysteriously vanished. These memories almost made her want to go home again...

Orch snapped out of her reverie. There was time for that kind of thinking after they had finished the tasks at hand. She urged Faeor to go over to the hobbit, or Lucy, as she had just said her name.

Orch looked down and grinned softly. "Nice to meet you, Lucy Took of the Hobbits," she said kindly. "Allow me to introduce myself--my name is Orchalie." Orch turned her head slightly, hearing that rather unnatural something again, then looked back at Lucy. Distractedly, Orch added to her introduction, "Is there anything with which I can assist you in, dear Hobbit?"
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 02:45
"Well,if there is anything that I could assist you in,I would like to have a group to travel with. I don't care where I go,I was getting a bit ready to roam anyway,but I need to stay with a group. No matter how good one is with a bow," here she paused,and looked at her small hunting bow,"it's not safe to be alone. And while I can shoot well enough to eat,and be of a little use in an attack,I'm no elf when it comes to archery."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 07:48
When there was a lull in the introductions, Eleniel greeted the hobbit briefly in Elven, reassuring her that there were indeed Elven folk present. As they paused there, she got some more strips of linen out of her pack and bound them around her cut. She wordlessly handed Naegauth some linen and made sure that the other wounded ones were all right. Then she steadied her pack and prepared to keep moving.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 10:29
Naegauth still couldn't believe that a hobbit would be out here with a hunting bow, searching for adventure.

"Well," he said, "Nice to meet you. My name is Naegauth. I believe that any help by now will be accepted. We will need everyone we can to survive the wilderness."

They were getting closer to their final destination, but there was still a long path to follow ahead of them. Naegauth looked up into the sky and saw that their light was almost up. They needed to use the rest of it wisely if they wanted to travel the miles with speed.

"I suppose now that thats settled, we should get a move on," Naegauth said suddenly, "The light of the sun is almost up and we will need to make use of it before making camp."
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 06, 2009 02:43
"Naegauth is right, I will go on ahead and find a spot to make camp." Elurin wanted to check out the forest, he was still uneasy. He also wanted to get away from the company and give himself room to think things over.
Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 07, 2009 04:07
Merkawen looked at the halfling from the corner of her eye. Her first instict was to scoff at the little halfling, but that probably wouldn't be good. She glanced at Belegann, who was looking at her warningly. Definately not the right idea. Erolas and Thandir, who rode on either side of her, were staring warily into the forest. Merkawen hoped there wouldn't be more trouble - she was beginning to hate feeling like a burden. Frowning, she wondered what she could possibly do to help her companions. She noticed Belegann riding in the direction of the halfling named Lucy. "I'm Belegann, they are Erolas and Thandir, and that is Merkawen. Welcome to our group, if you choose to stay."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 08:26
Surprising herself, Eleniel volunteered to accompany Elurin. "I will go with him. You know what is said: Safety in numbers." She shrugged and turned to him, hoping that he would mind her as a companion.
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 08, 2009 12:07
OOC-Alya did ya mean wouldn't?

Elurin looked back at Eleniel. "I guess it would be smart. You can come but I warn you I move fast through the forest.

Elurin figured the elf girl would be able to keep up with him, he could sense that she had lived her life among the trees.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2009 07:40
(OOC~typo...so sorry. I did mean 'would not'.)

Eleniel shifted her pack on her back and checked her wound. It had stopped bleeding; she sighed with relief. To cover her feelings, she checked for her knives, making sure that her favorite one that had saved her life a time or so was strapped securely and within easy reach. "Then I will keep pace," she said firmly. "Let us go."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 12, 2009 01:35
Naegauth nodded towards Eleniel and Elurin. They seemed to work together very well, he thought to himself.

"Well," he said gruffly, "Be swift about it, I guess that we shall follow the road until you find a good spot for camp."

Naegauth slowed his horse slightly and continued to follow the road. While he rode in deep thought, he awaited for Eleniel and Elurin's return.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 02:46
Lucy taps her pony to go next to Naegauth's horse. "Sir,may I ask where we are going? And of the reason of this trip? I can see you aren't just out hunting,and you aren't dressed for all out for war."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 13, 2009 12:02
Naegauth smiled and looked down at the hobbit on her pony.

"I suppose that you deserve to know our business if you are helping us," he said, "Many others and I have been helping Arvanion," he pointed towards him, "He needs to deliver this message from Elrond of Rivendell to Cirdan of the Grey Havens to ask for aid. Battles have been breaking out with the Goblins of the Misty Mountains and our only hope is for the Elves of Cirdan to come and help us defeat this enemy that kills innocents in the area. If this message isn't delivered, some terrible things could happen. We have traveled long, and made many new friends, but that tale can wait for later, for it is a long one."

He smiled again at the hobbit.

"You don't have to call me 'sir' either," he said with a grin, "If anyone needs to be called that, it should be Arvanion over there."
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 14, 2009 06:53
"Oh,that IS important! I've only seen goblins once,and they are terrible creatures,so mean,so ugly. Though it was only a small band that I saw,and the group I was with was large. Thank you for informing me...Naegauth." she said a bit shyly,for though she had been with elves many times before,she always had addressed the older ones with respect,it was the elflings that she talked with as equals.
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 15, 2009 10:19
Eleniel moved swiftly and silently beside Elurin, keeping pace with him. Both elves kept their eyes pealed on the trees around them, watching for danger. Eleniel kept her face expressionless, lest she give away what turmoil lay beneath the surface. She was dealing with feelings she had never felt before and she was afraid of them. She glanced at Elurin out of the corner of her eye. She wanted to blurt out everything but years of silence kept her from doing so. Eleniel wondered where and when they would find a camp.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Elurin looked out across the forest, his eyes searching for a small clearing. Elurin began to feel uneasy, he had said nothing to Eleniel and he could feel her tension. Her face stayed expressionless but there was defiantly an inner struggle going on. He wasn't sure what to do, he was afraid to speak, he had never opened to anyone and these feelings were new to him. He wasn't sure how to handle them. They continued to search the forest and Elurin was afraid that if the silence continued he would explode.

"I take it you have wondered much and you call no place home."

Eleniel looked up from her thoughts and nodded, "I have done much traveling. I do not like to stay in one place to long."

Elurin understood how she felt, he had lived his life away from people, he couldn't even remember his parents. Elurin cast the thoughts aside, there was no point dwelling on the past... it would only cause more pain than necessary.

Elurin spotted a small opening in the trees about two hundred feet away.

"Look over there, I think I see a small clearing through those trees."

Elurin and Eleniel walked cautiously and peered through the trees. There was a small opening that was sheltered by trees and there was only one way to enter the clearing.

"I think this here is a good place to set up camp. We should head back and tell the others." Elurin and Eleniel turned to find the company when they herd shouts.

minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2009 12:55
Orch continued on her way, keeping an eye out for the two that had gone to look for shelter--and for whatever was causing her this much unease. She had no idea what exactly it was, but it wasn't something that was welcomeing...

A few hours passed, and while looking Orch saw the mouth of a cave a few yards away from the path they were traveling on. Debating on whether to tell the group there was shelter there, she looked around. Everyone looked as though they were very tense, and some looked exhausted, making a descision, she called out to Arvanion and told him of the cave. He agreed to spend at least a short while there, and Orch pulled ahead of the group on Faeor, leading the way.

The Ranger got to the cave a few minutes before the rest of the group, and as she sat to wait for everyone to catch up, the uneasy feeling came back. After taking a cautious glance at the people behind her, Orch went into the dark cave.

She looked around curiously, then froze as she found the source of unease. In front of her was a large cave troll--one that had only just woken up, and was looking at her blearily. Slowly pulling her bow down and assuring she had an easily accessible arrow, Orch ran to the cave opening.

Ignoring the shocked faces around her, she made her way over to Arvanion. He looked at her worriedly, and Orch didn't hesitate to give him warning.

"This cave isn't safe, there's a--"she began breathlessly, then stopped as screams started. Orch turned around to find the troll at the mouth of the cave, attacking everything that was near it.

Orch sighed frustratedly, pulling out her bow, nocking an arrow, and releasing it in the troll's direction. "--a cave troll in there," she finished telling Arvanion. Then, jokingly, she continued, "You seem to draw them to you, as I recall." She then dropped her joking manner, firing another arrow toward the giant troll.

Orch started when she realized she had left Faeor over near the beast--but it was too late, the horse had bolted. Feeling deeply sad to have lost one of her only childhood friends, she said to herself. "Let's just hope this one's as easy to take down. It'd be better if we were spared unnessesary injuries."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 18, 2009 01:32
As Naegauth sat in his seat he heard a few screams of terror from the group. He rode his horse up to the head of the group to see a cave troll rampaging out of its home. He saw Orchalie shooting at the foul creature and decided to come and help. Naegauth didn't risk getting off his horse, as he might need it later. He rode up near Orchalie.

"Another one?" he said to Orchalie, "These trolls are getting on my nerves."

He pulled his longbow out and shot a quick arrow at the troll. It struck its right shoulder with tremendous impact, but it did not hinder the creature. This ones tougher than the last troll that we fought, Naegauth thought to himself, This isn't safe; we are tired, hungry, and in no shape to fight a beast of this size!

His horse whinnied and bucked him off the sadle.

"This is not the time to be doing that!" he said to the horse with a harsh tone in his voice.

Naegauth got up hastily and drew another arrow. The troll didn't seem to be happy about the other arrows and was charging towards them like an angry bull. Fear was being kindled in Naegauth's mind, but he ignored it just like he always did.

"This just keeps getting better and better!"

[Edited on 18/5/2009 by Passepartout]

[Edited on 19/5/2009 by Passepartout]
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 02:57
Lucy was frightened as Naegauth's horse started to spoke and in seeing the troll. before she could think things though her pony started to do the same,and she fell off.

She quickly tried to compose herself and picked up her bow and fitted an arrow. She shot at the troll and missed,she shot again,this time hitting the troll on the leg,she kept shooting,fearful of her life as the troll was charging twords her!
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 01:05
Merkawen screamed when she saw the troll. Erolas, who was riding next to her, quickly clapped his hand to her mouth and dragged her away from the fight. Erolas shooed her and her horse away, then turned back and began shooting arrows at the troll. It already looked like a porcupine, but maybe someone would get in a lucky shot.

Belegann and Thandir charged at the troll, taking turns whacking it with their swords, hoping to confuse it. Thandir's sword sunk into the troll's leg, but that seemed only to anger the troll and cost Thandir his sword. They fell back to the others. "What do we do?" Belegann gasped, out of breath, before shooting still more arrows at the troll. At least it was staying put for now.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 02:14
Orchalie kept firing arrow after arrow alongside Naegauth, thinking at the same time, This beast will get the best of us if we don't get it down quickly... She turned to her friend. "I think we need to get the message to Arvanion and get out of here," she told him loudly over the noise the troll was making. "This one will kill us all while we're in this state." The look on Naegauth's face told the ranger he felt the same, and without waiting for an answer, she went on her way to tell Arvanion to get the group out of this mess.

Along the way, Orchalie ran into the two that had gone for shelter. Thinking spur of the moment, she asked the two to follow. "We may need your help to find the other place we need..." she looked at the healer. "...and we're probably going to need a lot of help with bandaging up those that are hurt."

Having spoken her mind, the Ranger turned and found Arvanion. Pulling up to him, she said, "We need to get out of this...now. It doesn't matter when or how, but we'll all die if we go on for much longer." Orchalie waited for his command to gather everyone together and move to safer grounds.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 19, 2009 04:37
Arvanion, Radavik, and Du-finnion had ridden ahead, glancing off into the trees. "I don't like making camp, but it seems as if we must," said Arvanion reluctantly. "I could not, in good conscience, abandon them in the wild."

"Come now," said Radavik with a grin. "The Northfarthing of the Shire is hardly wild lands."

"Perhaps not," said Arvanion, matching the smile. Radavik looked at him approvingly. It was high time that Arvanion began to make more light of his troubles, no matter how heavy they may have been.

"I shall follow you, whatever your decision may be," said Du-finnion loyally. "If you would take my counsel, we would continue on our way."

"Still, we could afford a short rest," said Arvanion, his smile fading. "Glorfindel is a capable military commander; surely a couple of hours couldn't make much of a difference."

Suddenly there were deafening roars and screams from down the path. Faeor galloped past, the whites of her eyes showing. While Radavik spurred his horse to run her down and calm her, Arvanion wheeled his horse and kicked it into a gallop back down the path, Du-finnion in hot pursuit. What he saw made his blood run cold.

A monstrous troll stood before their group, bellowing as it swung its massive fists at them. Belegann and Thandir, with swords out, were hacking at it while dodging its blows. Arvanion's heart leapt as Thandir's sword sunk into the creature's leg, but he barely managed to jump back in time to avoid the furious creature's retaliatory blow. Orchalie ran up.

"We need to get out of this... now. It doesn't matter when or how, but we'll all die if we go on for much longer."

Arvanion was about to reply when he saw Thandir, caught a glancing blow by the trolls fist, fly through the air and strike a tree. He appeared to be unconscious, and the beast advanced towards him with fingers outstretched. Arvanion drew his bow back and loosed, cursing in pain as his newly-mended scar stretched in protest. The arrow flew straight and true, striking the beast in the eye. It blinked stupidly, snapping the shaft with heavy eyelids, before falling backwards. With an earth-shaking thud, it hit the forest floor. It did not stir. Du-finnion ran over to Thandir and helped him up as Arvanion unstrung his bow.

"I don't think we'll be resting here," he said lightly.

After helping Thandir upright, Du-finnion re-mounted. Arvanion stretched his arm again, wishing that the scar would go away. "Are you all right, sir?" asked Du-finnion anxiously, noticing Arvanion's wince. The half-elf waved him off as Radavik trotted up, holding Faeor's reins in one hand and offering them to the overjoyed Orchalie.

"We should find a--" the ranger began, but another roar sounded. Arvanion said something rather impolite in Khuzdul. Radavik looked impressed. "I thought they didn't teach their tongue to anyone."

"Sometimes it just slips out. I've traveled with them before, and--" A second roar, closer this time, made him jump in his saddle. He could vaguely make out a trio of huge, dark forms advancing towards them.

"Perhaps we can talk further down the path," he said shakily. "RUN!" The others, deciding that discretion was the better part of valor, followed him.

~~~

"Finally, the sea!" Arvanion smiled in relief as they crested the final hill to find the Gulf of Lune spread out and glittering before them. He patted his horse's flank. "Well done."

"We made it," said Radavik in near-disbelief. Arvanion chuckled.

"You sound surprised."

"I never doubted you," said Du-finnion stoutly. Arvanion laughed again.

"Come, friends, we rest in Mithlond tonight."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 07:46
Eleniel sighed as they stopped in Mithlond. In the mad dash from the trolls, she had not realized that Elurin had pulled her up behind him on his horse and that she was holding on to him for dear life. As they halted, she loosened her death grip from his middle and blushed. He dismounted and reached up for her, lifting her from the horse as if she weighed nothing. Their eyes locked for a moment, then she looked away, feeling uncomfortable with her thoughts and feelings. She busied herself looking after those whose wounds were healing, Naegauth and his bird, chiefly. However, she found herself casting glances over her shoulder at Elurin. He was standing there, watching her as she worked. Is something wrong with me? she wondered.

[Edited on 22/5/2009 by Lady_Alya]
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 03:34
Belegann relaxed slightly as he rode through the gates of Mithlond. Thandir had woken from his head blow, but was still a bit woozy, though he would recover soon. Belegann dismounted and walked over to Merkawen and Galion. "You two will be staying here," he said firmly.

Galion spun around to glare at him. "I am not! I can fight just as well as Thandir, and he's going! There is no way you are leaving me here."

Merkawen watched the two elven warriors argue for a while, waiting impatiently for them to come to a decision. Finally, Belegann agreed to allow Galion to accompany the warriors. As he was walking away, Merkawen heard him mutter, "If only we had more warriors!" Merkawen frowned thoughtfully as she followed a young maiden from Mithlond to the guest quarters. There were more men - in Mirkwood. But her father didn't know to send them...so maybe she should go tell him.
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 03:48
OOC- Um Alya... I think you are confused which RPG you are on. Gwinna is in a different one. You need to change that to Eleniel. Guess things at school are a little crazy.

Elurin looked away, he was feeling uneasy being so near a city. He couldn't remember the last time he had been in a city. Elurin sighed and led his hose into the city. Arvanion was met by some elves and after a brief discussion Elurin was being led to his bed chambers. He passed Eleniel who looked equally uncomfortable. Elurin sat on his bed thinking over things. He was not used to being in the company of so many and he had no idea what to do about Eleniel. The longer he sat there the worse it got, finally Elurin left his room, he would not be able to rest. He walked around, and came to a large courtyard. Eleniel was sitting by the fountain, Elurin stopped and was about to turn around when Eleniel seemed to sense his presence. She looked behind her and stared at him, their gazes locked for a moment.

"Can't sleep either?" Elurin asked.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 20, 2009 03:56
Naegauth was comforted by the sight of Mithlond. He had never been this far West before and the sight of the oceans beyond were very beautiful to him. He rode along with the others into the port town at a steady pace. For once, Naegauth was not thinking of all the things of the past that had haunted him, but of the great sea that sparkled in the sunset.

"How could I have missed something like this my whole life?" Naegauth asked himself.

Naegauth was, however, tired. They had ridden at a fast pace after their encounter with the trolls. He believed that they all deserved some rest after all the work they had done during the journey. Naegauth hadn't slept in a real bed for quite some time now and was eagerly awaiting some rest on a nice cot.

Daereth was sleeping soundly on his lap. He smiled down at the bird with care. It's wound on its wing had been healing steadily and it looked like the bird would be able to fly soon. Naegauth planned to let the raven go, but he was afraid that he would not have the heart to do it. He knew that the bird would be in danger as long as it was around him and he did not want her to get hurt again. The bird had been with Naegauth for a long time, but Naegauth knew that he would have to release her into the world. Away from danger and battle.

Naegauth pet Daereth with one hand, and a tear was running down his face.
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 21, 2009 02:42
Merkawen waited by her window, watching the sun set and the moon rise. Once she was reasonably sure the others would be asleep, she crept out of her chambers and down the hall. She paused when she heard voices in the courtyard, but neither Elurin nor Eleniel were looking her way, so she slipped past.

When she got to the stables, she was momentarily puzzled, but a young stablehand helped her saddle her mare. She slipped out of Mithlond, ready to ride to Mirkwood for aid. But as she rode along the road, she realized that it had taken months to get this far from Mirkwood, and her companions didn't have months. They needed help now. Merkawen frowned. Who lived nearby? ... the hobbits of the Shire, like Lucy. Merkawen grinned, and rode toward the Shire.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 21, 2009 04:41
Lucy had stayed close to Naegauth,and overheard his thinking out loud. "it's lovely,isn't it? I can't believe I missed it ether,and it's a greater shame for me,my home,my real home,Tuckburrow,is only a few days ride from here."

A great feeling of homesickness came to the wanderer,as much as she loved the thrill of traveling,the comforts of home seemed to be calling her,she longed to see her brothers,her sisters,to hear her parents scold her for running off for so long and then accept her visit with a good meal.

Yes,in the smell of the sea,she could almost smell home.

But her thoughts were interrupted as she saw Merkawen start off in the direction of home,"Wait. Are you going for help? My clan could help,if they had a reason too,I can show you the way,and offer the reason."

[Edited on 22/5/2009 by Lucy_Took]
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 22, 2009 07:53
(OOC~I changed it...sorry.)

Eleniel was fingering a hidden knife blade when she heard the voice. She recognized Elurin and answered him. "I cannot," she said, looking up at the night sky above them. "I have never been in a city and I have not been around so many people at once for so long." She brushed her thread-bare skirt. "I cannot help but feel..." She paused, not sure what to say. "Forgive me. I am still unaccustomed to speaking to people. I often do not know what to say, as I have not spoken so much for so long." Pain entered her eyes and she blinked rapidly a few times.
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 23, 2009 04:53
Elurin knew what she was thinking. It was odd being a place where you were safe. They had lived their lives among many dangers and they never allowed their guard to drop. It was odd being in a place where everything was calm and... peaceful. Elurin sat beside Eleniel and looked up into the sky. They sat in silence for a long time, it was not a tense uneasy silence it was the silence of companionship. Elurin felt something warm brush against his hand, he looked down and saw that Eleniel's hand was touching his. Eleniel quickly moved her hand away and blushed. Elurin stayed silent knowing it would not be smart to speak.
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 24, 2009 02:30
Merkawen glanced back at the hobbit. At first she was annoyed as she realized that she wasn't as good at sneaking as she had thought previously. Then she realized that Lucy could, and probably would, be quite useful on this journey. Merkawen smiled. "I would be...glad...to have you along," she said, carefully being polite. She waited while Lucy fetched her pony, then rode beside her towards the Shire in silence.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 26, 2009 06:01
Lucy tries to break the silance.

"It's so good to be going home! I can't wait to see Mum and Dad and Lilly,Ruby,Bella,Prisca,Milo,Bill,Bob,and Jack! Do you have any brothers or sisters Merkawen?"
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 26, 2009 06:16
Merkawen glanced down at Lucy in surprise. "Why, yes, I do," Merkawen replied. "Two brothers. Legolas and Thaladirith. My guards and I were looking for Thaladirith, who had ran away again, when we stumbled into Arvanion's group." She faced forward again, then frowned. Their group had encountered the troll around here before. Merkawen dearly hoped they wouldn't be bothered this time, especially since she doubted if Lucy was any better in a fight than she herself was.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: May 27, 2009 07:56
Eleniel could not puzzle the emotions that were funneling through her at the present moment. Whatever had possessed her to touch his hand? He could be dangerous for all she knew. However, one look into his eyes said something entirely different. Eleniel chewed on a nail, an unusual thing for her to do. She was nervous. She chanced another look at him. "Do you feel it?" she blurted, then blushed at her forwardness.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 27, 2009 10:48
Thaladirith and Legolas,Thaladirith and Legolas...where had she heard those names before? She though over this for a few minutes when it hit her-he had come to Rivendell on business once,but whose business was it? Oh, and an elfing had come with him,that was Legolas,he was one his first journey out of his woods...what woods were they? Ah,Mirkwood,that was it. And he was on his Father's business,his father was the King...

And then it downed on her.
"Miss Merkawen,you are Princess of Mirkwood?!"
Loslote
Send Message
on: May 27, 2009 03:23
Again, Merkawen looked down at Lucy. "Um...yes," she said. Suddenly, her mare stumbled. Merkawen frowned, then halted and dismounted. She looked at the horse's hoof. There was a large rock embedded in it. "Uh, Lucy..." she murmured. "Do you know how to get rid of a rock in a horse's foot?" She fervently hoped so, because Merkawen had not a clue.
Lucy_Took
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: May 27, 2009 04:30
"Yes,My Lady,one learns such things when travailing." Lucy pulled a metal spike out of her saddle bag,hoping that it worked the same way with horses as with ponies,went over to the horse,though she used to be deadly afraid of the large creatures,she had gotten used to them,she spoke calmly to the beast in her best Sindrin(the horse didn't care about her poor grammar)and filliped the stone out gently."See,it's not hard,M'Lady."

She got back up on her pony. "We're very close to the Shire now,practically in it,see that hill over there? It's a hobbit hole. Wait here.Mi'Lady and I'll go ask directions.

She guided Linnod over to the hole. "Hello sir! I'm one of the Took clan,on my way home. May I ask the fastest way to Tuckborrow?"

The owner of the hill pointed out the direction as he said-"Just cut across that field over there and you'll hit a road,follow that and it should take you to your place in two or three days. Now,what is a hobbit lass doing so far from her home?"

Lucy giggled a bit,"Well sir,my busyness is my own,but doesn't saying I'm a Took cover a lot of it?"

The other hobbit snorted and said goodbye,and Lucy made her way back to the elf maid and shocked the owner of the field by riding by-with an ELF!

[Edited on 28/5/2009 by Lucy_Took]
<< First34567
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email