Welcome Guest 

Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Elrond's Message (PM or post in the OOC for pending approval)
on: March 18, 2009 11:05
Arvanion bowed slightly to Elurin, taking care not to strain the new bandages that Eleniel had applied to his shoulder. "Thank you, friend. Your help is greatly appreciated."

He turned to the others. "We have three days before the new moon," he informed them. "If the message is not regained by that time, all will be lost... for everyone in the north. We must not fail." He paused to let the gravity of the situation sink in to everybody.

"The bandits are camped all around us," he said, stabbing a twig into the ground and placing rocks around it. "If we want to be able to regain the message without further death, we need to hit them and run; no getting bogged down in an extended battle like when we got here. He looked around at the camp and motioned to Radavik and two of the uninjured guards. "While you recover and guard the camp, we'll scout the enemy positions around here. I may be able to salvage some arrows from the battlefield... we'll certainly need them later."

Radavik, Arvanion, and the guards crept through the forest, silently as shadows. Although there were rustling noises in the surrounding brush, they met with no incident, and were soon within sight of the bandit campfires.

"There are a few more of them than I expected," Arvanion muttered to Radavik. "This isn't good."

"By the looks of it, Eregion is a den of bandits and has been for some time," the ranger whispered back. "I think we've gotten more than we bargained for."

"How many guards around each campfire?" Arvanion asked Thandir, the guard to his left.

"I'd say... ten or so," said the Mirkwood elf.

"I'll take your word for it," said Arvanion. "You have better night vision than I do, at least." He strained his eyes against the darkness, counting the campfires. "There's at least twelve campfires that I can see," said Arvanion. "If we take his word, that means that there are over a hundred bandits out there."

"This is madness, pure and simple!" muttered Erolas, Thandir's companion. "There's no way that we can take all of them on and still get the message."

"No, there isn't," said Arvanion bleakly. The other three looked at him in shock; his was a defeatist attitude. "There's no way that we can win," repeated Arvanion. "But we need to try." He slid from his hiding spot and returned to their pitifully tiny force, wondering how they could regain the message with only three days left.

[Edited on 20/3/2009 by arvanion898]
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2009 03:23
Eleniel saw to Arvanion's wounds when he returned to camp. She had put water on to heat and made a poultice of self-heal to apply to both is shoulder and side. "They are healing nicely," she murmured, hoping to encourage him. After checking on Naegauth and Daerath, she slipped into the woods to replenish her supply of self-heal, sage, wood betony, coltsfoot, yarrow, and wormwood. She kept her eyes open for unfriendly eyes as she returned.

Eleniel found Elurin sitting off by himself. "Are you injured in any way?" she asked softly.

He protested, telling her that he had taken only a few small cuts. "Small cuts can be the death of a warrior," she told him firmly and gently proceeded to cleanse and bandage his cuts. When he thanked her gently, she saw the wildness of a creature who had been alone for some time in his eyes. She smiled in reply, thinking how alike they were in that sense. His smile stayed with her as she went through the rest of the guards and warriors, patching them up as best she could. Her rounds finished, Eleniel sat down apart from the others where she could keep her eye on Naegauth and proceeded to clean her knives.

(OOC~Aye, Arvanion, Eleniel is unhurt. What good is an injured healer, anyways?)
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2009 03:56
Naegauth sat down by the camp. He felt grateful for Eleniel saving himself and his raven. Without her healing medicines bird would probably be dead. Naegauth sighed deeply. He saw smoke rising above the trees and realized that there were many campfires around them. More bandits, he thought to himself. He knew that he had to do something.

Naegauth quickly tried to get up and groaned in pain. His grabbed the side of his ribs and sat back down.

"It looks like I cannot do anything at all!" he said angrily.

Naegauth coughed up some blood into his hands. He wiped it off in the grass and decided to stay put for a little while. Naegauth looked around at all of the group members. Almost everyone was injured. Three guards had died. Naegauth swore softly to himself. They could not afford to lose anymore people. All the bandits added up had to amount to at least one hundred. There was no way to defeat them and retrieve the message.

Suddenly Naegauth thought of something. There was only one way to retrieve the message. By surprise and stealth. He had to find Arvanion to talk to him about his plans. He noticed Eleniel glancing every so often at him and cleaning her knives. He sighed. He knew he was being watched for his safety, as he was one of the more badly injured people. It felt strange to him to have someone watching his back in case he needed help.

Naegauth arose slowly with pain. He started to walk slowly and winced with each step.

"I have to find Arvanion," he said to himself, "I have decided that we should try to steal the message with minimal conflict."
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2009 08:59
Elurin watched Eleniel as she went around doing her work. Strange, that one so fair would live alone for so long. Elurin looked around the camp, everyone seemed tired and sore. Elurin stood up and walked to the middle of the camp, "You all will need sleep if you wish to continue your mission. Lay down and I shall sing you all to sleep." Elurin picked up his lute and began to play a slow melody that would help the company sleep without troubling dreams. As Elurin played he began to sing of trees and night, of the soft night breeze and of the stars.

Loslote
Mother Goose of Vána & CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 19, 2009 12:55
Merkawen listened to Elurin's music, but was not particularily comforted. Three of her guards had died, which was bound to take its toll on her peace of mind. She had never really watched a major battle before - or at least, not from the relatively dangerous position of a tree. It had taken Belegann ages to get her to come down, but now he had less in the way of babysitting to do - Merkawen was no longer talking uncontrollably. Belegan, however, did not quite believe his respite, and still kept a close watch on her. Merkawen sighed and closed her eyes, falling asleep quickly.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2009 03:51
Eleniel saw Naegauth get up and rose to confront him, green eyes flashing furiously. "Absolutely not," she said. "I will get you whatever you need, but you need to be laying down."

She forced the warrior to lay back down beside his raven and went to find Arvanion. "I believe Naegauth needs to speak with you," she said softly. "I cannot permit him to be up and moving at this time, so please go to him."

As Eleniel returned to her spot on the edge of the camp, she noticed Elurin watching her. Part of her wanted to go sit down next to him and listen to his music, but old habits and reflexes made her return to her post beneath the tree. When she had finished cleaning her knives, she sheathed them smoothly and leaned back against the tree's trunk, watching the sky.
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 20, 2009 01:59
Arvanion, standing alertly at the edge of the camp, was surprised when Eleniel moved towards him. "I believe Naegauth needs to speak with you," she said softly. "I cannot permit him to be up and moving at this time." She moved back across the camp as Arvanion turned to Naegauth. The elf was sitting down, looking sullen after Eleniel had shoved him down.

"What do you want, Naegauth?" Arvanion tried to keep his voice gentle.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 12:42
Naegauth frowned slightly at being forced to stay but he soon found himself looking up at the awaiting figure of Arvanion.

"I have asked you to come here because I do not want you to commit suicide," he said, "We have no hope of destroying every single bandit in this place. Even if we use guerilla warfare and secret attacks, the enemy would eventually be alerted to our presence and they would burn the whole place down finding us if they had to."

Naegauth looked up at Arvanion with a serious look on his face.

"We are going to have to steal it."

Arvanion had a shocked expression, but Naegauth started to talk again before he could speak.

"Yes, I know," he said, "Stealing is an act that these criminals use often themselves. They stole from you first though. That gives all the right to steal it back out of their hands."

Naegauth smiled at Arvanions expression.

"Bandits usually have a leader when they are traveling in groups this large and he will probably be holding on to your message. His tent will most likely be the largest and most outstanding one. Unluckily, it will be set up in the middle of all of the other tents, so we cannot use any cover from the trees. We would need to approach at night and take out any people watching the camp without attracting any unwanted attention. Then, we could send a thief in and they will sneak in the leader's tent, and hopefully find the message to take back. The thief of ours would have to be quick, intelligent, and silent. Hopefully, they will increase our chances of success. I can't give any guarantees though. Their are many possible outcomes to this little idea of mine."

He looked up at Arvanion and smiled.

"Most of them are bad." he said, "So would you rather try to do this, or die trying to attack the camp head on?"
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 01:15
Orch rose from her spot as she heard Naegauth say something about going and stealing the message back. She knew it was going to have to be done, and she felt like she needed to do more to assist in the group, to show she wasn't just another guard that was there.

Orch went over to Naegauth and Arvanion just as Naegauth said, "Most of them are bad. So would you rather try to do this, or die trying to attack the camp head on?" She then walked up to the duo and replied, "I'd suggest going with the idea--it seems like a good one."

The two jumped a little when Orch cut in, and she chuckled. She then grew serious and said to Arvanion, "I'd like to help as much as I possibly can--I'm used to being the back of the bunch just because I'm not like most others, which is why I left the others. Should we go with Naegauth's plan, may I assist in the capture of the message?"

((OOC: Sorry I haven't been here in a while--I'm going to hop on a lot more now that I'm back!))
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 02:52
Arvanion stroked his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose that it could work... if we're careful. We'll have no chance if they notice we're there."

He returned to the stick diagram he'd made and placed a large pebble near one of the sticks. "This is their chief's tent," he explained. He placed a number of smaller rocks around it in an arc. "Their sentries would most likely be here, since the chief's tent is pitched against a section of wall in the ruins. If we could scale the wall from the other side and cut a hole in the canvas of the tent..."

"Risky, at best," said Radavik, noticing Arvanion's planning. "After all, you wouldn't only have to get into their camp; you'll also have to get out."

Arvanion looked slightly troubled. "It's still the best plan we have. But we'll have to move quickly, and leave nobody behind. They'll be able to find our hideout eventually, and even if they haven't, they'll eventually ring the area in their camps."

"So when will we do it?" asked Thandir. "We'll need stretchers for Galion and Amdir, and we'll have to make sure Merkawen stays quiet."

Arvanion paused. "Tomorrow night," he decided. "We'll have to be ready by then."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 03:03
Eleniel listened as the plans unfolded by the masters of this operation. She was willing to help, but she unsure of how to offer her assistance. She was still unused to speaking so much to these people. Silence was her best quality. Eleniel sat back against her tree and stayed quiet. Perhaps it would be best if she stayed here and prepared the injured to escape. She would leave it to those who knew more to decide.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 21, 2009 03:09
"Agreed," Naegauth said to Radavik and Arvanion.

He looked over where Orchalie was standing.

"I think that you could take my place on this mission. You have a longbow and I believe that you are a good shot with it. You can spot the people on watch and take them out without any others knowing. You will not be the only one shooting at them, however. I am almost positive that everyone can help on this mission, except the heavily wounded. Thank you for your volunteering."

Naegauth sighed deeply.

"I have no idea of who should go in and get the message. I think that Eleniel or Eluren would be a good choice for this mission," Naegauth scratched his chin thoughtfully, "Or maybe both!"

Naegauth attempted to rise up and grunted in pain. He had forgotten about his wounds during all of this excitement. He looked over at Orchalie.

"Orchalie," he said, "Can you please go get Eluren and Eleniel for me? I would go get them myself but I am in bad condition right now. Tell them that it is very important!"
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2009 09:03
Elurin sat on the grass thinking about this new company he had let into his home. Such a strange group, elves, men and half-elves. I wonder what has brought them together. As Elurin was thinking Orchalie came up to him and said, "Naegauth wants to see you and Eleniel. He says it is important." "Okay, I will go find Eleniel and we will go see Naegauth. You should rest though, it has been a hard day." Elurin stood up and went to find Eleniel. I wonder if I shal now find out what these people are up to. I wonder though why do they want Eleniel as well. Elurin found Eleniel sitting under his favorite tree. "Greetings my lady. We have been summoned to meet with Naegauth. I believe it is very important."

(OOC- I tried to italicize Elurin's thoughts but there is something wrong with it right now, I hope you can follow.)
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 12:47
Orch went straight back over to the small group that was gathered. She turned to Naegauth. "Those you requested are on their way." He nodded to her, then lied down. She looked at Arvanion and Radavik with concern. "Do you think he's going to be alright?" she asked. "He looks to me like he won't be fit to travel for a while." She sighed, then stood up from her crouched position. "I guess I should start to get ready...I have a feeling we're going to act a lot quicker than I had hoped." She walked over to her bow, picked one of the arrows out of her quiver, aimed at the tree and fired. She then went back to the group. "We should make haste as soon as possible--who knows if they've been planning something as stealthy as well, or if they'll even be there when we act?"
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 02:15
Eleniel looked up at Elurin. "All right." He offered a hand in courtious fashion and pulled her up. Eleniel felt a slight tingle run up her arm and dropped his hand quickly. They made their way to Naegauth's side. I wonder what he wants, she pondered. She knelt down beside him and checked his bandages. "What can we do for you?" she asked softly.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2009 03:00
Naegauth sat up and smiled at them.

"I think I have something very important for you two to do!" he said, "If you haven't heard the news yet, we are going to try to steal the message."

He waited a second for them to see their reaction and he smiled again.

"We are going to try to infiltrate the bandit base and steal the message without any commotion. The main tent in the center of the camp is the leader bandit's. He will most likely have the message. If not, we will be in a lot of trouble. I have already talked to Arvanion about all of this. The people who are still able to fight will help take out any sentries. We will attack tomorrow at night, so everyone can be prepared."

"You two will be the ones stealing the message," Naegauth said with a grin, "How you do that is completely up to you. Unless, of course, you plan on running into the camp ranting and raving."
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 05:06
As Naegauth finished telling them the plan Elurin decided it was time to get some answers.

"So what exactly is this message I am to be stealing? What does it look like? Why am I stealing it? Also why did you pick me? You hardly know me." Elurin sat there looking around thinking it was very odd that these people would put so much trust in him.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 10:38
Naegauth looked at Elurin.

"You seem too be a mysterious enough fellow to do the job," he replied, "You like to stay out of trouble. You snuck up on us before we were attacked by those bandit particularly well and I believe that you are very well fit for these kinds of jobs. Eleniel also snuck up on us a few days ago. You both seem like the best choices out of all of the people able to do work here."

"I am sorry I forgot to tell you about the message. Arvanion had it stolen from him and we believe that these bandits may have it. We have been trying to follow them. I know not what this message looks like. You will have to ask him about it."

Naegauth ran his hand through his hair and sighed.

"Elurin, if I didn't trust you, you probably wouldn't even be talking to me right now. Besides, we need all the help we can get and I presume that you are not in the same league as the bandits over there."

Naegauth looked over at Arvanion.

"Arvanion," he said, "What do you think? I think they could be a great priority to this mission!"

[Edited on 25/3/2009 by Passepartout]
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 02:45
Arvanion knelt down next to the others. "The message is a rather thick scroll, closed with a red wax seal," he explained. "The emblem of the Star of the North is pressed into the wax; among that bandit's dingy belongings it shouldn't be too hard to miss."

Radavik rolled his eyes. "For all you know, he has a whole collection of scrolls that look exactly the same."

Arvanion's mouth twitched into a smile. "Perhaps. To clarify, this message is from Lord Elrond to Cirdan the Mariner. If we can regain it, I may even tell you what it contains." He noticed that Naegauth's look had changed from confusion to anticipation, and twitched again. "Goodness knows you've been waiting long enough." He straightened off and brushed off the knees of his breeches. "Radavik and I will take first watch. The rest of you get some sleep."

The half-elf and the ranger stood side-by-side, silhouetted against the stars as they spoke in quiet voices. "You've come a long way since your first days training with the rangers," said Radavik.

"I suppose I have you and Lord Elrond to thank for that," replied Arvanion. "Without your guidance, I never would have been brave enough to roam the wild on my own."

Radavik snorted. "Foolish is more like it," he said. "Look where travelling alone put you."

"I know," said Arvanion. "I only wish..." His voice trailed off, and they stood in silence for the remainder of their watch.

The next day dawned cloudy and overcast. "Plenty of shadows for your thieves to use," observed Radavik.

"Pity there's no fog," said Arvanion regretfully. "Naegauth, I'm leaving you and Orchalie to help out Eleniel and Elurin. Belegann, your job is to protect Merkawen and the wounded. Radavik and I will try to smooth the path for you. Wait fifteen minutes before you set out; we may run into difficulties."

Arvanion and Radavik strung their bows and waved farewell to the others as they melted into the morning shadows. "I reckon there's around eight sentries on this side of the woods," said Arvanion. "If we can take them out, Belegann will have a clear way out."

They crept up towards the first sentry, Arvanion selecting an arrow. "Leave him to me," whispered the Peredhil, "and get the next one down the line." Radavik nodded and crawled off through the dewy grass. Arvanion took a deep breath and stood, drawing back his bowstring and releasing in one smooth movement...
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 03:11
Naegauth waved to his two companions and wished the good luck. They'll need it, he thought grimly to himself. The day was going great for Naegauth. Daereth still had an injured wing but was doing well and Naegauth finally regained some strength to walk around regularly.

"Well," he said gruffly, "With Arvanion and Radavik out there we should be pretty clear of most of the sentries. We need to always make sure that they are all dead, though. You never want to think that the plan's gone perfectly well."

He pointed at Eleniel and Elurin.

"Once you two sneak into the base, Orchalie and I will watch your back. I, of course won't fight, but I can still point out any bandits that decide to wake up. Two pairs of eyes are better than one. I will follow when the fifteen minutes are up."
Loslote
Send Message
on: March 24, 2009 05:05
Merkawen watched Belegann walk over to where she sat against a tree near Galion. For the first time in her life, she thought about what a burden she must be on those around her. The others in this company had much better things to do than pamper the Mirkwood princess. Silently, Merkawen vowed to try to be at least a little less obnoxious.

Belegann stood near Merkawen and the two wounded guards, gazing into the distance. He regretted the loss of the three guards, but even more, he mourned the recent death of his son, Kalome, who had just been killed before the group joined the others. Belegann worried that it was this that had led to the loss of the other three - had he been distracted, overlooked something important? Belegann looked back at the three elves he guarded and sighed. Now was not the time to dwell on thoughts. He rested his hand on his bow and gazed into the forest.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 25, 2009 10:40
Orchalie nodded at Naegauth, asking him in a slight undertone, "Do you mind if I follow the two? I know they're good friends, and should one get harmed they're going to assistance. I assure you I will stay quite hidden in the forestry--"she replied to the slightly doubtful look. "But I suggest someone's there, just in case." She stood up and looked to the bandit camp's direction. She didn't know whether it was her feeling she need to make it up to Arvanion for rescuing her from the boredom of the group she was in, she wanted to prove herself, or just her feminine instincts kicking in, but she did know one thing of sure--she wanted to be there, and was pretty sure she was going to get her way.
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 08:20
Eleniel pulled her favorite knife out of its sheath and followed Arvanion, Elurin by her side. "All right," she said softly. "Let us be done with this."
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2009 09:49
Naegauth followed Eleniel, Elurin, and Orchalie until they got near the camp. It was dreadfully quiet and he had no idea where Arvanion and Radavik would be. Naegauth looked around and he saw no sentries around them.

"Looks like they did a good job!" he said, "We have to be careful, though. It could be a trap."

Naegauth pointed at Eleniel and Elurin.

"I think it is safe enough for you two to head in. Be quiet and avoid any lights. Orch and I will watch your back. I have my longbow with me just in case something goes terribly wrong. I won't use it otherwise."

He looked at Eleniel and Elurin.

"Good luck."
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 27, 2009 10:52
Eleniel nodded and took a deep breath. She reached into her pack and pulled out a long piece of gray gauzy material. Without a word, she draped it over Elurin and herself and handed the pack to Naegauth. "Keep it safe," she instructed, knowing it held everything she owned in it. Drawing a second knife, she grasped them firmly and moved into the camp, leading Elurin and staying in what shadows she could find. "Look for a big tent," she breathed in his ear. His nearness made her tingle, but she firmly concentrated on the task at hand.
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2009 06:40
Orch nodded to the two and wished them good luck. Once they were fairly well-hidden, she pulled out her longbow and went into the shade of a tree. She could see the bandits camp fairly well from here, but just to be sure she could get a good aim should she need to be firing, she swiftly and silently climbed the tree.

Orch then looked down at Naegauth, who was standing on the ground looking slightly worn. "I hope he's going to be alright," she said softly to herself. "I would hate to have to watch any deaths on this mission." She readied her bow, fitting an arrow to it. "I guess I just need to make sure I do my job right."

[Edited on 29/3/2009 by minimangamaniac]
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2009 11:50
Elurin and Eleniel watched the bandits move around the camp for a long time. They both seemed to understand the necessity of knowing every aspect of the camp before they made a move. All the bandits seemed tense, they would constantly cast glances to a tent with a wolf emblem on the front. The tent was situated in such a way that made it impossible to reach without being seen. "If you ask me that is the tent we want. I suggest we move toward the back and see if there is a way to get closer." Elurin whispered. Eleniel and Elurin silently moved around the camp to a place where they could see the back of the tent, there was less light and very little activity. Elurin guessed the sentries that were to patrol this area met with some difficulty. "Stay here." Elurin left Eleniel and crept toward the tent and listened to what was going on inside.

There seemed to be a growing argument about how something would be split. "Look here I am the leader here and I will be the one to take the prize for handing over this message!" Another man yelled, "You wouldn't have that message in the first place if it hadn't been for my help! I deserve a portion of the reward!" "Insulant whelp! Are you questioning my authority?!" There was a strained silence, finally the young man replied, "I don't think you are qualified to lead us, especially after that disaster the other day. I challenge you for the right to lead this clan." "I except your challenge and I shall prove once and for all to you that you are nothing more than a dog." There was a great deal of commotion as the men left the tent. Elurin motioned for Eleniel to join him. "It looks as if we have run into some extraordinary luck. There is to be a fight for leadership, we will go into the tent steal the message as the fighting begins.

Ten minutes everyone was gathered around the fight. Elurin and Eleniel crept into the tent, there on the table was the letter Arvanion described. Eleniel took it and said, "I think it is time to be leaving.

Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2009 12:35

Naegauth spied off into the camp. There seemed to be lots of commotion going on in the tent. Soon a lot of the bandits came out of it yelling and they formed a ring around two other bandits. Naegauth smiled. Looks like luck had shone upon them again, he thought. He saw two shadows enter the tent. Ten minutes later they came out. Naegauth grinned. They did it! he thought to himself.

"I think they found it!" he called up to Orchalie.

He could barely see his two friends, but he could tell they were heading back towards them.

"Be prepared to shoot any that try to follow," he called to Orchalie again, "I don't think any of the bandits will go away from the fight, but be wary of them. There may be others slinking in the shadows."

Naegauth suddenly remembered Arvanion. He had no idea were the half-elf was. "Hopefully he doesn't try anything unnecessary," he said to himself.

[Edited on 28/3/2009 by Passepartout]
arvanion898
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2009 03:08
Arvanion watched the fight with detatched interest, noting that the older man was beginning to flag. His opponent, sensing this, pressed the attack harder. The younger bandit lunged forward, only to find his dagger-blade slicing at thin air: the bandit leader had ducked and run him through. As the bandit leader turned towards his tent, he saw a pair of figures stealing out of the tent. Oh no! though Arvanion emphatically, drawing an arrow.

"Thieves! Get them!" shouted the bandit leader. Eleniel and Elurin began to run, zigzagging, for the edge of the camp. Arrows whistled past them, but they were unhurt for the most part.

They won't be able to avoid injury for much longer, thought Arvanion desperately. He stood upright and released his arrow with a shout. "Fire, men! Fill them with arrows!" He and Radavik released as many arrows as they could.

"I take it there's an army of us?" said the ranger with a grin.

"Indeed," said Arvanion breathlessly. "Let's give 'em another volley, and see if they take the bait." More arrows filled the air as the two archers attacked.

"It's working," said Radavik, seeing a large group of bandits turn and begin charging up the hill towards them. "How many do you reckon we hit?"

"I'd say eight dead, maybe twelve wounded," calculated Arvanion. "The plan is ruined; let's get back to the others. We need to get the message and the wounded out at all costs." Radavik nodded, and they began an arcing run around the side of the bandit camp, hoping that they'd reach the fleeing elves before the enemy did.

((OOC: Teh epicness! Enjoy yourselves, but don't get too battle-happy.))
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2009 03:43
Orch cursed under her breath as she fired a few arrows, hitting the deadly mark on all of her targets each time. What do those two think they're doing?! Don't they realize drawing the bandits may only make things worse?! She sighed, watching the duo with the message run as quickly as they could out of the area while they had a chance. Orch shot down the few bandits that were following them, then jumped down from her post as they met up with Naegauth.

"I saw the other two running off, drawing the bandits away," she reported breathlessly to him, and saw a look of concern flash onto his face. "I think they should try to continue the act, but they're coming this way, which may lead them straight to us if more are planning on following them. I know it sounds risky, but I have a plan that may help us both."

When no one objected, she continued. "I suggest you, Eleniel, and Elurin head to the nearest and safest place you see, and hide yourselves--whether it's dressing like the common-folk or hiding in the shadows, it doesn't matter. Just stay hidden and ready to protect yourselves and the letter." She paused for a second, thinking. "I'll stay behind to make sure you go well on your way, then meet up with Arvanion and Radavik to convey the plan and see what we can do to delay them at all."

Orch sighed. "I'll tell them where you've gone, and hopefully we can meet you along the way." She looked off to the sky, then heard the sound of multiple footsteps heading their way from the bandit camp. "Decide what we want to do quickly--I don't know how much time we have left before these bandits are upon us."
Loslote
Send Message
on: March 28, 2009 05:09
Merkawen heard the bandits yelling, and the sounds of battle. Belegann, Erolas, and Thandir bolted to their feet. Belegann whispered fiercely to Merkawen, "Climb a tree again! Be absolutely silent, and whatever you do, don't come down! Galion, can you climb?" Galion looked between the tree and his useless arm. "I can try," he mumbled. Belegann looked down at Amdir, unconscious again. "What do we do about him?" asked Erolas. Belegann sighed. "We'll have to hide him under some brush and leave him," he said sadly. "There's no other way to save Merkawen and Galion." The guards carefully dragged Amdir over to thick bush nearby, covering him with branches. Then they carried Galion to a tree a ways away, helping him up into the tree. Merkawen was already crouching in the higher branches. Belegann and Thandir took up defensive positions in a neighboring tree, while Erolas stayed with Merkawen and Galion. Belegann watched nervously, hoping the bandits wouldn't come this way, and that none of their company would be killed.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 29, 2009 09:30
Naegauth cursed under his breath at the news. The plan had been ruined. They would not stand a chance against all of the bandits. He nodded at the suggestions that Orchalie gave the two elves.

"Listen to her," he said, "If this plan gets any worse we will need some people alive to convey the message!"

Naegauth slung his longbow over his shoulder.

"I will protect you all, even if it will cost me my life!"
Lady_Alya
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 07:42
Eleniel bit her lip as an arrow grazed her arm. It was a shallow wound, but shallow or not, it would bleed fiercely. She ripped a piece of cloth from the gauzy material and wrapped it around her arm, staunching the blood. There was not time for a proper bandage, nor for proper examination of the wound. Elurin looked at her as she bit back a curse. "I am all right," she hissed. "We must go hide." She collected her pack from Naegauth and they ran for the cover of the trees.

She found a deep thicket within the trees and worked her way into it, Elurin right behind her. "Are they following us?"

Silence. Not even a bird call broke the heavy quietness of the forest. Only the sound of their breathing could be heard. Eleniel opened her pack and shoved the message inside. It was not for their eyes; besides, she had more important things on her mind. "Are you hurt?" Elurin breathed in her ear.

Eleniel turned carefully in the thicket to look at him. "An arrow grazed my arm," she said slowly, trying to even her own breathing. It had been long since she was forced to flee for her life.

Gently, she unwound the cloth from her arm. It was not deep, but it bled profusely. She clamped the cloth back on and reached for her healer's bag. It was already in Elurin's hands. He had opened it and she pulled out some yarrow. She chewed it and placed the chewed leaves in a strip of cloth, forming a poultice. Elurin was tearing more strips of cloth and he helped her bind the poultice to her wound. His hands were so gentle. Eleniel forced her mind back to the situation. "Did the others see us flee? Will they find us when all is clear?"
Eladan
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 11:13
"I believe our exit was noted by the others. They will find us when things have calmed down. I do think though we could find a more comfortable place to hide. There is a little rise not far from here that offers a excellent view of the surrounding area and it is a far nicer place to sit." Eleniel nodded and Elurin lead her to his hidden place. "Here we will be able to see if anyone comes for us." Elurin watched Eleniel for a while and then asked, "So tell me why are you with this company? If I had my guess you have not been with them long. You do not seem like the type who is often among other people."
minimangamaniac
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 30, 2009 11:49
Orch nodded with grim satisfaction as the three hurried off. At least the message will be safe. She then jumped as more footsteps came toward her...she had completely forgotten about the incoming onslaught of bandits. Running to the shade of the tree and pulling her dark cloak around her, she watched all the men stumble pass her.

She shot a few of the men down with the arrows her had just collected, drawing their attention to herself, grinning solemnly as she took a folded sheet paper out of her cloak. "Looking for this, are you?" Orch asked almost mockingly. The leader shouted something she didn't understand, but soon enough they were all coming toward her. Orch's eyes flitted to where the trio just left, and sighed out of relief that they were at least far enough.

Now it was time to get herself out of trouble. Orch started running as quickly as she could, using her knowledge of the forest to get around much faster than the bandits following her. I only hope I can reach the other two before I tire and these bandits are upon me, she thought to herself, then laughed. Well, Orch, it's what you'd get for trying to be the hero!
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email