Register

12345Last >>
Author Topic:
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Nimthir's Journey
on: March 17, 2010 11:48
Berior grinned again when he saw Nimthir blushing. He urged his horse forward to catch up with them as they suddenly started to move at a more grueling pace.

"Yes, I think it would be best if we went with a little more haste," Berior replied. "Let's hope that things aren't as bad in Rohan."

They went quickly through the forest, rushing past green trees. The wind flew against Berior, stinging his cheeks, though it felt very refreshing. He hadn't been on a ride like this in a long time. The plains of Rohan would be much more wide open for horseback riding, so he was excited to get there. The journey ahead of them would definitely be one of a kind.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2010 02:14
"No!!" Eodwyn rushed over fighting orcs trying to help her newfound companion.

Somewhere in the back of Rûkh's mind, he recognized the cry of of Eodwyn. A quick glance at her determined she was rushing to help him.

Ulmo bless her.

Rûkh twisted to the left, narrowly avoiding the blade of an orc. The consequence of his distraction was a smaller cut tracing along the right side of his neck.

Rûkh continued to dance away from the orcs, parrying as little as possible. With every swing, pain shot up his sword arm and more blood spilled down across his muscled forearm.

Eodwyn was near now, and, growling at an orc, Rûkh spun to guard her back. He gritted his teeth and lunged forward, swinging his arm to take off the head of the orc which had injured him.

White hot pain flashed up his arm and befogged his mind for a moment. By the time his vision cleared, he realized it was too late. A curved scimitar loomed over him as it flew directly towards his head...

(OOC: Save me, Oraeda?)
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2010 02:46
(*cue superhero music* lol)

Eodwyn came to Rukhs rescue cutting off the arm of the orc that tried to decapitate her companion. Pure fury boiled within her as she finished off the orc, quickly moving onto the next one that dared get nearer to them.

But Eodwyns moves where slowly getting more clumsy as the rage continued on within her. She parried and blocked dodging the orcs advances, until one misstep caused her left thigh to cross paths with the orcs scimitar cutting her skin mid thigh.

"Ah!"

Eodwyn fell to her knees because of the pain. The orc growled in satisfaction and raised his scimitar to finish her off. Eodwyn gritted her teeth, and tightened her grip on her dual knives, with one powerful throw, her knife flew through the air straight into the orcs chest, killing it.

Bracing herself against the pain Eodwyn picked herself up again favoring her right leg more. There were only a few orcs left now, all closing in on the two humans. Eodwyn turned to Rukh.

"Are you able to continue fighting?" She eyed the blood flowing down his arm in worry, and then turned back to their enemy.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2010 05:25
Naris studied the two elves, he wondered what their relationship was. They seemed like they knew each other. Was he intruding?

"Mirkwood is a dark place," Naris commented, "Is it always this way?"
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2010 03:46
The feel of adventure rose in Nimthir, she sensed it was near a turning point. he turned her gaze back to the ranger and shook her head.

"Ah, young one, Mirkwood was not always this way. Indeed it was not. It was once a place of beauty..." She turned away, gazing blankly into the darkness.

Berior glanced at her and gave her a look of understanding and sympathy. He knew what it was like once, she was sure of it.

"Let us carry on, and dwindle not. We must leave this place as the hour grows later." he glanced at her horse and did not turn away, and held her tounge until they were nearly on the edge of Mirkwood.

(OOC: So Berior can just pick up when we are out of Mirkwood completely because I think we should meet Rydda soon!)
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 18, 2010 11:11
Their horses sped through the forest at great speed. Berior hoped they would be able to make it out of Mirkwood before dark, as he wanted to have a good start on their journey. Because he knew the forest so well, it was easy to navigate and find the right path.

"I think we are almost free of these trees," Berior said with slight happiness. He wondered what it was like outside of the prison he called home.

After what seemed to be an hour or so, they finally made it out of the thick trees and into the open land. Berior had never seen anything like it before. The land was rich and had many hills looming in the distance.

"I think the first step of our journey is finally complete," Berior commented. "What is the next move, Nimthir?"
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 19, 2010 03:45
Rûkh's head snapped around at Eodwyn's cry, the pain in her voice echoing sharply in his own pain-clouded mind.

"Eodwyn!" he cried, gritting his teeth to block out the electric sensations shooting up his arm.

He leapt nearer to her, and felt a wave of relief hit him when he noted the wound she had been dealt did not appear to have been a deadly one.

"Are you able to continue fighting?"

Rûkh shot the woman a rare, wry grin, sweat dripping off the bridge of his nose. He did not answer at once, instead he leapt forward, switching his scimitar to his good hand, and plunged it up to the hilt into the chest of one of the few remaining orcs.

"Yes, my lady. Hold on a few moments longer, the end approaches."

A few moments later the battle was ended. Rûkh left his borrowed bloody scimitar buried in the flesh of the last orc.

"Sit," he said, panting lightly and beckoning to a cleaner patch of grass, one not tainted by the thick black blood of the cursed orcs, "Let me take a look at your wound."

OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2010 11:27
Eodwyn breathed a sigh of relief. The battle was over and she let her arms hang limply at her sides as her breathing returned to normal.

Sit," he said, panting lightly and beckoning to a cleaner patch of grass, one not tainted by the thick black blood of the cursed orcs, "Let me take a look at your wound."

Eodwyn looked down at her leg, now that the adrenaline wore off the pain from her wound was starting to draw all of her attention, she listened to Rukh and sat in the area that he motioned to.

Her mind wandered back to the battle, how Rukh moved with such agility and strength and his wry grin as he continued to fight. Eodwyn was thoroughly impressed, and wondered where he learned to fight like that.

"Your wound looks terrible and we need to stop the bleeding. Will you allow me to help you?" She asked with a worried look on her face.

[Edited on 22/3/2010 by OraedaDlynn]
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 22, 2010 11:54
"Alright, we'll take a rest." Rydda said, patting Silvermane's neck. The gelding was breathing heavily after a long run across the plain. She dismounted and put a hand in the saddlebag. Only a little bit of jerky was left. Rydda pulled it out and began knawing on it as she sat down in the grass.

"Where should I go next?" kept repeating in her mind. She had heard of a village called Bree, but she did not know where it was, and a girl alone would raise suspicions. They might find out about her relatives.

"What is the next move, Nimthir?"

Rydda was roused from her reverie by a voice nearby. She looked toward where it was coming from. There were 3 riders, and they were coming her way. She glanced about. There was no place to hide.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2010 06:38
"Yes my elven lady, where to now?" Naris searched the grassy hills for any signs of living things, but a slight movement closer to him caught his eye. Was it something dangerous?

Naris sent his horse into a gallop, prepared to cut down the orc that most surely was trying to set an ambush. Naris raised his sword, but stopped himself when he saw that the creature in front of him was a girl not an orc.

"Who are you?" Naris asked.

[Edited on 3/23/2010 by curufinwefeanor13]
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 23, 2010 06:57
"Naris, leave her!" Nimthir cantered flawlessly over to his side and glanced at the small, shivering mortal girl. Naris looked at Nimthir, with curiosity in his keen eyes.

Nimthir hopped down from upon her horse and eyed the girl suspiciously. What would a small girl with her horse be doing, wandering the plains of Rohan alone in such perilous times? A spy perhaps? Or a coincidence?

"Berior, you may come here, it is just a girl." She beckoned him forth, for he hung behind with suspicious body language. Nimthir turned to the girl, who looked frightened and suspicious.

"We will not harm you, young one. We are travelers, that is all. What brings you here?" Nimthir gazed down upon here, feeling no harm or threat in her presence anymore as she looked into the crystal clear, intuitive eyes.

(OOC: Guys, what was the posting order again? I hope I'm doing it right!)

Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2010 10:46
Berior was confused as to why a little girl would be roaming Rohan in such a dangerous time. He wondered if she had been abandoned by her parents or left behind by someone. He couldn't help but feel a little sad for the girl, though he did not know about her situation. He was glad they came across her before anything bad happened.

He rode up next to Nimthir and Naris, motioning for Naris to sheath his sword, as he didn't want them to appear threatening.

"Yes, please tell us what you are doing here," Berior said after Nimthir. "Do you need any aid?"
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2010 11:47
Rûkh pulled at the frayed cloth around Eodwyn's wound, his rough hands oddly gentle. He slowed his breathing as he examined the wound carefully. Leaning so close to her, he noted that she smelled of sunshine and fresh air -- an appealing fragrance.

"I think it will need stitching," he breathed, suddenly becoming aware of how close his face was to hers. Glancing almost uneasily at the woman.

He sat back in the grass.

"Your wound looks terrible and we need to stop the bleeding. Will you allow me to help you?" She asked with a worried look on her face.

Eodwyn's face and voice were tainted with worry. Glancing at his shoulder, he rolled it slowly in its socket and winced.

"How about we make a deal? You let me stitch up your leg and I'll let you tend to my shoulder."

[Edited on 24/3/2010 by Sava-Tennoio]
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 26, 2010 07:45
Rydda stared into the female elf's eyes. There was no trickery in them, and she relaxed slightly. The elven lady appeared to be the leader, for the others looked to her for direction.

"Yes, please tell us what you are doing here. Do you need any aid?"

Rydda looked toward the male elf, the last one to speak.

"My name is Rydda." She began. "I came from Gondor. The village I lived in was raided and burned by Orcs. I am the last survivor." Tears came to her eyes, but she blinked them away. Breathing deeply, she continued. "I came to Rohan searching for my mother's sister and her husband." Rydda hesitated, not wanting to mention the illness. The lady elf's eyes flickered curiously. "They were dead. Now all I have is Silvermane." She glanced toward the gelding, who was grazing on the tall grass.

"Who are you?" Rydda asked, gazing at the three standing in front of her.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2010 08:11
"I'm Naris," Naris answered, "A ranger from the north." Naris road Darkhoof closer to the girl while sheathing his sword. "I big your forgiveness for drawing my sword on your person. Maybe we can help you." Naris turned to the other elves, searching for approval of his words.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 02, 2010 10:02
"I am Nimthir, servant of Thranduil, King of Mirkwood. This is my . . . friend-" She said with some trouble. "Berior. We are traveling together in search of some of our kin. They are in grave danger."

The girl was not letting on about everything, Nimthir sensed there was more. But she looked weak and helpless, even if she was a fighter in soul. They would help her.

"Will you not come with us, Rydda, maiden of Gondor?" Nimthir felt a protective side for this girl and did not wish to leave her there, with no protection. She did not know how to act around young children, but she would figure something out. She was putting everything else at stake, wasn't she? So why not take this chance?
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2010 04:24
Berior was estranged by the girl. This was probably the first time he had seen a human, and one of the only times he had seen a child. All he had heard were stories of the outside world. Now he was in that world, and he wanted more of it. This journey would certainly be an interesting one for Berior.

"Yes, I would enjoy a little more company on the road," Berior said after Nimthir, grinning down at the girl. "You seem very strong and able to travel on your own, but I feel that if we traveled together it would be safer and much more entertaining!"

One might think he was mocking her at first, but Berior was treating her with a highest respect, as he did not wish to offend any of these people of Rohan. Berior leaned back in the saddle and waited for her response to their offer.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 03, 2010 04:45
[OOC: Oraeda, as you didn't post last time I'm going to have to maneuver your character some. Feel free to interject your own view point/words whenever you post. Hope you don't mind, but Eodwyn's a Dunadain, so I'm thinking she might have a needle!]

A small fire crackled nearby as Rûkh inhaled sharply and squared his shoulders. He was not unfamiliar with a needle, as he had often been forced to mend the nets he used to catch fish in the summers.

It must have been fate that ordained it so the woman would carry a needle and thread with her in her travels.

Rûkh glanced at the woman's pale face.

"This will hurt a great deal, I'm afraid. If I had ale, it might help, but I do not."

With that, he slid the needle carefully into the skin near her cleaned up wound. It took ten minutes of slow, cautious and painful movement to properly soul up the bloody crevice. When he had finished, Rûkh settled back in the grass and wiped the sweat from his brow.

Pain ripped up his shoulder with the movement, echoed by a dull throbbing deep in the muscle.

"We will need to keep that cut clean," he murmured, nodding toward her leg.

After a moment's pause, he hesitantly added, "...You were,...very brave."
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 04, 2010 04:25
"This will hurt a great deal, I'm afraid. If I had ale, it might help, but I do not."

Eodwyn nodded and braced herself for the pain, being careful not to tense up her leg she looked up at the sky concentrating on its lovliness and not the needle that is going through her skin. Once Rukh had finished she let out a deep relieved breath.

"We will need to keep that cut clean," he murmured, nodding toward her leg.

She looked at her leg, it was red, swollen and still bleeding just a little.

"I could make a poultice or a tincture, we just need some Athelas. My saddle on my horse had some but alas, my horse ran off on me a while ago." She moved her leg a little.

"Now, let me sew you up." Eodwyn menuevered so that she was behind Rukh she had him take off his tunic so that she can have a better view of his wound and the cleaned it with some of the water that they had.

"...You were,...very brave."

Eodwyn smiled at his complement as she began sewing up his wound "Thank you, you were very brave also. I have never seen someone move so fast, you were faster than some of my fellow Dunedain!"

Eodwyn fimished her work on his shoulder. "Now don't move it too much, I don't want to have to re-stitch you up."

Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2010 09:20
"It is an honor to meet you." Rydda said, remembering her manners.
She paused. People wouldn't chase her out of villages if she had companions. And it would be nice to talk to someone. But what if they found out about her aunt and uncle? They wouldn't, Rydda reassured herself. Elves hardly ever come to Rohan, and the ranger probably hadn't been there recently either.

I'll just have to be very careful.

She smiled at Berior. He reminded her of one of her older cousins from the her Gondorian village. Nimthir seemed nice, but Rydda was wary. Naris was like the Gondorian men, to some extent.

"I would be glad to travel with you." Rydda stood up shakily and walked towards Silvermane. She turned. "Do you.." She hesitated, almost too proud to ask. "Do you have any food?"
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2010 02:12
"I believe so," Naris said, looking through his saddle pack. The poor girl looked starved. "Oh, here is an apple, and some water." Naris said handing Rydda an apple.

Naris turned to the elves,"I don't remember you speaking of your kin. What danger do they face?"
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2010 03:07
Nimthir glanced at Berior, knowing that he did not even know the full story. She knew very well that an explanation was needed by her, and all were pensive to hear it.

"Well... you see, I have left my home... and none there know quite yet." The best way to put the fact that Nimthir had run. Run away from her home and deceived her kin and her father. But it was only for the protection of her friend.

"My friend, Legolas Thranduilion, has set out with the Fellowship of the ring. He has and will face many battles thereon, and I intend to face them with him. I also know one other, whom I hold a close friend... Naris, ranger of the North, you too may know of him. His name... is Aragorn. I hold allies close, even though it may not seem so. I will die to defend them, and give all assistance that I may. Berior would not pardon me leave unless he saw to my protection. And this brings us to a seemingly smaller fellowship of our own."

Nimthir looked at Naris meaningfully, then said after a brief silence: "Naris, I warn you now, you may leave the company, for if you think my reasoning for setting out on this journey selfish, I do not hold it against you. There will be much peril and danger ahead, and I do not by any means force you to travel with this company."

Then she looked at the girl, who was practically eating the apple core, as the wineskin was laying empty on the ground. "You, child. You may travel with our company, for I sense you have none other to travel with. But I give you the chance now to turn away and travel your own path, for this path is one of danger and perhaps sorrow."

She paused, looked at all three of them intently.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2010 10:49
Berior nodded at what Nimthir was saying. The journey ahead was going to be a great one, but there would be many dangers to overcome in the land, many of which Berior had never seen or heard of before. Only the unknown stood before their path, for none could tell where their journey would take them.

"The elves are not the only ones in danger," Berior added to Nimthir's statements. "The whole Middle Earth is plagued by evil, and no one, I fear, will be untouched by the peril that they have to offer."

Berior rubbed the back of his neck with his hand, worried he might have scared the girl, and changed his attitude to his more familiar light hearted one.

"It may be a dangerous journey ahead, but I know that it will be wondrous!" he said. "You cannot accomplish anything without a little risk, I say, but it is your choice if you decide to come with us or not."
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2010 04:02
"Now, let me sew you up." Eodwyn menuevered so that she was behind Rukh she had him take off his tunic so that she can have a better view of his wound and the cleaned it with some of the water that they had.

Rûkh moved cautiously as he pulled the tunic over his head. With every move, his shoulder protested protested.

As the woman began to sew up his wound, he blew his breath through gritted teeth and stared into the flames of the fire. To distract himself from the pain, he replayed the entire battle through his mind, noting particularly the parts that included the strong, beautiful woman who sewed his shoulder.

Eodwyn smiled at his complement as she began sewing up his wound "Thank you, you were very brave also. I have never seen someone move so fast, you were faster than some of my fellow Dunedain!"

Eodwyn fimished her work on his shoulder. "Now don't move it too much, I don't want to have to re-stitch you up."

Her words caught him off guard, drawing him from his reverie as she settled in the grass beside him. Rûkh rotated his shoulder to catch a glimpse of the stitches -- almost as neat as his. Glancing at Eodwyn, he cocked his head to the side.

"You are...of the Dunedain?" he asked, his low voice laced with surprise.

Glancing up at the sky, he added, "We might as well make camp here. Night comes soon, and we might use the rest. Riding so soon might pull the wounds open again."

[Edited on 10/4/2010 by PotbellyHairyfoot]

[Edited on 17/4/2010 by Sava-Tennoio]
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2010 11:07
"You are...of the Dunedain?" he asked, his low voice laced with surprise.

"Oh, yes because SO many mortal women know how to weild a sword, trudge through the wilderness, and speak Elvish" Said the nuisance in her mind sarcastically.

Eodwyn mentally told it to shut up.

"Yes. I am also half Rohirric."

Eodwyn got up carefully with the help of Rukh.

"Lets camp somewhere that doesn't smell like decomposing Orcs." Eodwyn checked herself making sure that she had everything before she went to take back her arrows from the corpses from the fight.

"From your accent I figure you are from the sea correct?" Eodwyn walked with a slight limp as they walked to an area awway from the orcs. Her mind wandering to images of Rukhs well musceled back as she sewed him up. She blushed slightly, and shook her head.

"I don't need to think about that." she thought.

(Sorry it took so long! Finals are coming up soon, so I have to crack down on the studying!)

[Edited on 16/4/2010 by OraedaDlynn]
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 16, 2010 11:33
Rydda devoured the food that Naris gave her hungrily. It tasted so good. The water was gone in an instant, and she ate the apple down to the seeds.

Rydda leaned against Silvermane, listening to the others talk. She was suprised to learn that Nimthir had run away from her home, and was traveling to join friends in the fight against Mordor. It certainly was curious to Rydda.

You, child. You may travel with our company, for I sense you have none other to travel with. But I give you the chance now to turn away and travel your own path, for this path is one of danger and perhaps sorrow."

Rydda stiffened a bit. It rankled to be referred to as "child."

"You cannot accomplish anything without a little risk, I say, but it is your choice if you decide to come with us or not."

Rydda thought about this. They were traveling the way she had just come, but that did not matter much. They offered safety.

"Danger and sorrow lurk on every path I choose." Rydda said rather cryptically, staring at Nimthir. "I would like to go with you."
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 18, 2010 10:02
"Danger can surely not lurk on every path you chooses young one," Naris said, giving Rydda a concerned look, "but Nimthir is right about ours. I for one think we should leave you at the next village."

Naris faced Nimthir, "She is too young, my lady. We should do as I say.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2010 12:58
Nimthir side glanced at the girl breifly, with an all knowing gaze, then turned back to Naris. She gently touched his arm, and led him aside with a firm but caring grip. She felt him stiffen slightly under her touch, and she wondered if he was fearful of her. Or perhaps he had not been exposed very much to the female gender; this thought brought slight affectionate amusement upon her.

"Naris... there is something else. You must understand, I feel there is more to this young girl than we think. I can feel that she has many more a part to play in our journey... I am sorry but... we must take her with us. We cannot leave her here to dwindle and die. She has a deep, strong, fiery spirit that must not be abandoned. We must teach her the ways of battle and help her as need be. This, I know."

She met Naris's gaze, with an understanding, wise, and truthful eye.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2010 01:16
Berior looked down at Rydda with a concerned look. Bringing her along would indeed endanger her, but he felt this girl was no ordinary girl. He sighed deeply and looked at Naris.

"She is indeed a child," he said to him, "and it would be very dangerous to bring one such as her, but I think this girl is more than meets the eye. Age is not a factor, Naris. The only thing to ever hold anyone back from accomplishing anything is themselves, and I do not think this girl will do anything like that. I sense deeper mentality within her than most adults would have."

Berior smiled lightly afterwards, lightening the mood.

"Besides," he said, "she even said she wanted to go! We simply can't refuse anything like that! That would be very selfish of us!"
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 19, 2010 04:32
"Yes. I am also half Rohirric."

Rûkh considered the woman's face for a moment, illuminated as it was by the flickering firelight. Half Rohirric and half Dunedain -- yes, he could see signs of both ancestries in her strong, noble, yet beautiful face.

"Lets camp somewhere that doesn't smell like decomposing Orcs."

"From your accent I figure you are from the sea correct?" Eodwyn walked with a slight limp as they walked to an area awway from the orcs.

At Eodwyn's suggestion, Rûkh realized how correct she was. The stench of rotting orc corpses tainted the air, he had simply been too unobservant to notice until that moment. After stomping out the fire, all but one stick to light another campfire, he grabbed the reins of his horse.

As the woman stood and limped away, Rûkh followed, watching her closely in case he would need to catch her. He resisted the urge to offer the support of his arm. It was possible so strong a woman with such a proud heritage might think ill of any offer of assistance.

As they set up a new camp, one graced with a fresh wind, the sun sank into the west. Rûkh settled down in the grass.

"I am sorry, my mind was preoccupied. Yes, the sea is my home, and the only one I've ever known..."

His words dropped off as his eyes grew distant, his gaze swiveling to look toward the oceans far beyond sight. He still felt the call of the sea, and that much could not be denied. He sighed slightly, stirring and glancing back at Eodwyn.

"Where then do you call home, my lady?"
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2010 08:44
Eodwyn looked at him as he gazed off into the distance as he remembered his home she too has looked off to the north remembering the place she has grown up in.

"Where then do you call home, my lady?"

"Evendim, I've lived there my whole life until recently." She stared into the fire as she remembered her father and brother and the good and bad times they shared together. Her face grew dark and she glared at the flames. She had no more family for her brother and father were slain by Orcs and her mother died giving birth to her brother.

"Do you have a family Rukh?" She didn't mean to pry into his personal life, the question just seemed to fly out of her mouth before thinking about what she said.

"I apologise, I do not mean to pry."
Emeraldstar
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 20, 2010 12:47
He can tell you are cursed. That's why he doesn't want you to go. These thoughts crept into her head when Rydda heard Naris speak. She tried to ignore them, but they wouldn't let her. If she did not travel with them, she wasn't sure what would come next. All she knew whas that she would still have no place to go.

Her mind grew easy when she heard Nimthir and Berior's judgments. She would go! Rydda was glad Silvermane supported her, or she might have fallen down, for she was shaking with relief. She had a feeling that this would be a very interesting trip.

"Now that you have decided what to do with me," Rydda said with the hint of sarcasm hiding her feelings, as she looked at them defiantly, "what shall we do next?"

[Edited on 20/4/2010 by Emeraldstar]
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2010 01:07
"Well you are the wise and fair ones," Naris said to Nimthir frowning, "I trust your judgement, but we must protect her as much as we can."

Naris turned to Rydda, "First of all do you have a weapon or will we have to lend you one?" What the elves said was true, the girl was certainly eager, but Naris still worried.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2010 01:15
Nimthir looked at Berior, standing tall and quiet with his searching eyes. She gracefully strode over to him, making sure she was not too close to his body.

"We shall continue to Rohan, and the girl can ride with whomever she chooses." Nimthir made this louder, so that Rydda would hear her.

"I do not know, truly, where the end of this journey will be; so long as we stay together, we shall see the end safely." Nimthir looked upon Berior's fair, pale face for a moment, then quickly averted her gaze feeling ashamed.

Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 21, 2010 01:33
Berior nodded at Nimthir with a quiet smile. He was glad they would be taking the girl with them throughout their journey. He felt it would've been too cruel to not include her in their journey, as she was in danger all by herself.

"Well, I guess we should get going before we have to set camp," he said, grinning. "I can't wait to explore more of this vast land! The rolling hills are truly beautiful here!"

Berior mounted his horse and stood by, waiting for the others. He noticed Nimthir looking at him and smiled in return, making her blush a bit. Women will be women, he thought to himself with a grin.

This will be a journey to remember, he thought to himself, looking out on the rolling green hills before them.
12345Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email