Register

<< First34567Last >>
Author Topic:
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Nimthir's Journey
on: August 08, 2010 04:18
Nimthir watched an expression of utter shock came upon Beriors sweet face. sweet! Naught about it is sweet. Foolish day dreamer. She reminded herself. Getting caught up in foolishness... she felt a flutter in her heart as he struggled to reply.

"L-Lady Nimthir!" Berior stuttered. "You shouldn't worry about me. Your own condition is much more important than mine! As long as you're safe, I'll be fine. I'll always be there to protect you from harm. I promised to, remember? And I do not take promises lightly."

She took joy in the way her name rolled off his tongue, so soft and perfect....perfection.....soft.....lovely......beautiful..... NONSENSE! Stop this nonsense at once! A foolish, childlike girl. That is all you are. Take control of yourself. Good valar... what has gotten into you?

"Ah, thank you Lord." She gave a shy smile. He seemed nervous, yet why? Why should he, lordly, strong, young and agile, he had no reason to be nervous....

"Are you quite alright Lord Berior? You seem... preoccupied." She worried about him, what was wrong? Had something gotten into him?

(OOC: Passe I wanted to begin to get this relationship going somewhere, and it just seems to go naturally! I like it! )

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2010 10:05
As the girl played, Rûkh's thoughts fell away. The anger, the jealousy, all of it, just slipped away like a leaf floating down stream. The sweet music breathed into him, reverberating inside his soul, soothing away the pain.

As only the Sea could do. The music was like the sea.

His eyes pressed shut, Rûkh wished he could return. And yet, something within him whispered that there could be no happy return for him - no, not now that he had met Eodwyn. Not since this hope had been birthed within him.

But what right had he to hope? A face, a memory, a whisper of a lost love, a lost family, stole through his mind. Bringing guilt. Was it wrong to move on? Was it wrong to seek a companion?

He sighed and opened his eyes.

"Truly you are a master with that instrument," he murmured.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2010 01:40
Berior scratched the back of his head again, nervously laughing. It probably sounded ridiculous at the moment, but he couldn't help it at all.

"I...um... Yes, I am...thinking about a lot of things, actually," he said, laughing. "It's truly nothing you should worry about, though, Lady Nimthir! I am but your guardian for this journey! It doesn't matter how I feel, it matters how you feel!"

Berior shrugged. He hoped he was pulling this off correctly. He didn't want Lady Nimthir to think he was being lazy! That would be most unfortunate.

"I'm not much good with words, I suppose, or I could've said that a little better," he said. "I'll try to be more aware of my surroundings from now on, Lady Nimthir. I'm just getting a little...jumpy. Not quite sure why..."
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2010 02:02

"I...um... Yes, I am...thinking about a lot of things, actually," Berior laughed nervously. "It's truly nothing you should worry about, though, Lady Nimthir! I am but your guardian for this journey! It doesn't matter how I feel, it matters how you feel!"

"I'm not much good with words, I suppose, or I could've said that a little better," he said. "I'll try to be more aware of my surroundings from now on, Lady Nimthir. I'm just getting a little...jumpy. Not quite sure why..."

Berior nervously patched up his sentence and trailed off with a sparkle in his eye.

"Lord Berior you are naught but skilled with words, do not fear." She smiled, trying to make him feel a little less... nervous.

"Is there something that is making you... as you put it... jumpy?" She hoped to get something out of him, but wasn't sure if she was going to. He was a very strong fighter, but she was not sure how skilled he was at the art of conversation.

The way he stumbled upon his words and struggled to put things into sentences made Nimthir feel fluttery and nervous as well. The more he tripped and stumbled with his meanings, the more she grew jumpy and jittery, like a small bird in a little cage.

She liked the way he said "your guardian". My guardian... he is my very own guardian... she pondered this for a moment, and snapped back to reality, waiting for his answer.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 09, 2010 04:31
She had been unused to compliments and she blushed faintly, looking up at him again through her eyelashes. He intrigued her, and despite the myriad of reasons why not, she found herself starting to relax a bit. She was far from at ease, but no longer tensed to run at the slightest change.

the emotions that were written so plainly on his face before were starting to relax... what was it that had him in such a state? the way he carried himself bespoke of a great deal of self control, as well as one who had lost much.

she continued to play as the others arrived and when one horse baring a tawny skinned woman whose arms were around another man, the tension returned.

The two men glared at each other and the woman looked torn, but the affection she cast towards Rûkh was obvious, even to her. That other man hadn't a fighting chance. The others included a young girl, and an elven lord and lady ... and a haradrim woman. Her eyes widened in apprehension and surprise.

She had stopped playing by this point and rose clumsily to her feet, her knee already starting to stiffen. She pursed her lips in frustration as she glared in its direction, but then stopped and looked around again at everyone, studying their faces, she found her eyes continually drawn to the man that had arrived on horseback, she hadn't caught his name

"I’m Nilûphel" she introduced herself to the group, Rûkh would probably tell them how she was found in the well in a bit... not much to do about that, it would be a funny story. She tucked her flute into her sleeve once more, wondering what it was the fate had brought her into.

(ooc: hotel has teh interwebz, yay!)
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 07:22
((OOC: I see there's a bit of a time difference between Carandra and my posts and Maerwyn & Passe's - but I'm going to go with the flow and stick with Carandra by writing when the companions reach our two characters. If you want that to change, Maerwyn, let me know and I can edit it. Also, yay for hotel interwebs, Carandra!))

Rûkh climbed to his feet as his companions arrived. His dark eyes went straight to Eodwyn, and her smile momentarily brightened his world. But then his gaze was drawn irresistibly to Naris and his heart fell.

He opened his mouth to address the group and explain about the girl with the flute, but something out of place caught his attention out of the corner of his eye. Every muscle in his body tensed immediately as he turned and caught sight of the intruders.

A band of orcs. A league off. There were many of them, and they were headed directly towards the travellers.

Rûkh drew the orc blade from his side and wished he had a truer sword with a nobler heritage. Still, a blade was a blade, and anything to defend Eodwyn.

Rûkh glanced over at her.

Not that she needed defending. The woman had spirit. A flame which Rûkh could not help but admire. Shaking his head, he drew his attention back to the approaching band of orcs.

"I believe we have company..."
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 09:47
(Passe I hope this is ok, im just going to pretend that the orcs caught our attention before you answered her questions)

Nimthir did not recieve an answer from Berior as they rode over to Rukh and the strange but enchanting girl.

Rukh paused and snapped his head around, eying the distance with caution. He switfly drew his sword and mumbled something about orcs.

Berior turned away from Nimthir and slid his hand over his dagger, and Nimthir did the same. The company prepared for the fight, and Naris and Eodwyn drew their swords.

The leader help his scimitar high in the air and let out a low growl that seemed the rattle the very bones of the earth. The pounding became louder and the rest of the Orcs thumped up the hill heavily. They squealed and grunted and growled, bearing their yellow, wolverine like teeth.

"No matter what, we must not lose each other. At all times, let us stay together... Now lets kill some orcs!" Nimthir said, as the company looked at her briefly. Some nodded, some gave agreeing remarks, and others just whipped out their weapons and turned towards the coming battle.

Nimthir cantered towards the leader, the others following behind her and struck him with her sword. His armor clashed but he gave her snort and their swords met. She lunged for his arm and cut deep into its flesh, as he swung his scimitar at her leg. She side stepped her horse quickly and held her position. She had a far better chance on a horse then the clumsy orc on the ground. They were heavy and uncoordinated, but vicious. With the right tactics, you could kill them off easily.

She nuged her horse to a swerve and reared off the ground, holding her sword high. Bainon lithely stepped in a circle around the leader, and switched directions as to confuse him. Finally Nimthir swung her sword and aimed for his neck.

Thump!

It fell to the ground, making a bloody mess all over the grass.

She craned her head around to see how the others were doing.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 11:30
Berior was almost glad the orc troupe interrupted their conversation. He wasn't even sure how he would answer that question! But that was not important right now. What was important was his duty to protect the members of this party. If even a single one of them were killed, he has failed. Berior's expression got more serious and he unsheathed his sword.

"Let's end this quickly!" he yelled as he charged out with his horse. He let out a battle cry as his horse charged into a few orcs, knocking them aside. He plunged his sword into a fell creature beside him, causing it to cry in pain as it fell to the ground.

Berior's sword deflected orcs away from him on either side as he fought wildly. He was known for his rage in battle. If anyone's life was on the line, he would do anything to save them. An orc ran past him and started to run towards Nimthir as she had her back turned to it. Berior's eyes widened, but he reached down, unsheathing his knife as quickly as possible. Pulling back and taking aim, Berior threw the knife, the blade soon burying itself into the creature's back.

I won't let a foul orc touch you, Lady Nimthir! he thought to himself, his expression almost angry. He returned his sword to his fighting hand and continued to attack more orcs, hoping that they would be able to finish this fight quickly before it got out of hand. If there was another nice call like before, he might not be quick enough to catch it...
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 01:13
Eodwyn drew one of her knives and had the other still wrapped around his waist. She watched as Naris pulled his sword out also and began to follow Nimthir into battle.

Once close enough Eodwyn jumped off of Naris's horse, being mindful of her wounded leg. Quickly she unsheathed her other knife and began slashing and hacking at any orc that came near.

"Death to the orcs!" she cried.

She looked for Rukh in the mass of orcs and finally spotted him, watching as he killed orcs. As he killed another one, she saw him look around as if looking for some one and then he spotted her. She smiled at him, nodded and went back to fighting.

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 03:29
As the group charged into battle, Rûkh leapt onto Karbu and raced beside them. After they reached the orcs, he didn't stay on the creature long. Instead, he somersaulted off the beast's back and sank the orc blade deep into the chest of a stunned orc.

Left and right he dodged, forcing his wounded shoulder to work as hard as the healthy one. His blade flashed in the air as he battled.

Having dispatched yet another filthy orc, he glanced around at his companions. His eyes eagerly sought her, and he found her standing, living, and smiling over at him.

When she nodded and resumed fighting, he cut his way through the orcs.

To reach her side.

To fight at her side.

"How's the leg?" he asked as he assumed his position near the side of her injured limb.

This way he could protect her weaker side, and she could protect his. A perfect team.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 03:49
Nimthir was fighting a large orc when she felt a presence behind her. A large shadow appeared, and before she had killed the first orc, a swift sound of metal in the air was heard and the sound of blade hitting flesh. She whipped around and looked at Berior who had a relieved look on his face.

She nodded, with a slight smile.

"Thank you, Berior!" She yelled as she continued fighting.

(OOC: passe your next post would be a good one for him to be wounded, then I can get her to confess her feelings)
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 04:00
"How's the leg?" he asked as he assumed his position near the side of her injured limb.

Eodwyn gutted another orc and it fell dead, and blocked the attack of another one.

She smirked. "Good. How's the shoulder?"

She killed another Orc that tried to break through Rukh's weaker side. For a while the both moved together as if they were one, side by side. Defeating orcs whenever they dared to near them.

"I'm on number 11, how about you?" She laughed at Rukhs reply.

"I do believe that is a challenge," after his remark she began fighting faster and killing more orcs, the challenge between the two spurring her on.

(OOC: I kind of set it up for the both of us Sava, I hope you don't mind. Plus I think Rukh would like the challenge. =])

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 04:11
((ooc: sounds great, Oraeda. ))

She smirked. "Good. How's the shoulder?"

Rûkh laughed aloud, surprising even himself with the action. How long had it been since he laughed? He felt no guilt now though, no, not as he fought along side the fierce Eodwyn. Not as the adrenaline coursed hot in his veins and heart beneath his chest hammered at its cage.

He felt more alive then he had in many months, despite the even present flicker of pain in his shoulder.

Spinning the orc blade in front of him, he sliced a few orc limbs off.

"I'm on number 11, how about you?"

"I didn't realize we were counting, my lady," he replied, eyes glittering, "But I believe I have more than eleven."

She laughed at his reply, and the delightful sound made his skin tingle. Or was that another effect of adrenaline? He really didn't care, and the grin that curved his lips echoed the sentiment.

"I do believe that is a challenge,"

Rûkh shot her a fierce grin as he dropped another orc in its tracks and commandeered its sword.

"I do believe it is," he agreed.

With that the two fought with renewed vigor. Rûkh spun both scimitars in his hands, jabbing left, then right. Pivoting on his heel to protect her back. Dancing to the right to avoid a rushing orc.

The creature's blade caught his ribcage as it passed by, but Rûkh took its head off. A fair trade, he figured as he glanced down at the blood trickling from his side.

"I've got twenty and one. How many does that put me ahead by?" he called out.
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 04:35
"I've got twenty and one. How many does that put me ahead by?" he called out

Eodwyn finished off two orcs that tried to gain up on her, gutting them both with her dual knives. She ducked below to avoid a head shot. Once down she slashed at the orcs legs making it collapse and she stabbed it through the chest.

"Three! Better get a move on, you wouldn't want to be bested by a woman!" She yelled jokingly.

She went back to fighting. Being by Rukhs side and fighting along side him made her feel all warm in a way. She knew she was starting to care for Rukh on a level beyond just companion. But she didn't think she could allow that to happen, the people she cared about just ended up getting killed.

She wouldn't be able to stand it if Rukh was killed.

Valar forbid that from ever happening.

Eodwyn disarmed an Orc only to have it backhand her across the face.

That's going to leave a mark...

Regaining her balance, she quickly ended its life and moved on to the others.

"18....19...ugh! 20.." She continued fighting by Rukh.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 10, 2010 04:38
(Ooc: doing this on my crackberry, should be interesting... Someone mind rescuing her? Also: Lastande, hope you don't mind, but it seemed the thing to do... I can take it out if you prefer)

Niluphel's face blanched. Rukh had spotted orcs, and all she had was a parring knife. She was a healer, not a solider and even had trouble preparing fish for dinner. She could handle blood and viscera, having spent some time in the houses of healing helping to stitch up soliders and set bones, but violence she had a hard time handling.

Without much of an introduction or warning, she grabbed the young girl's hand and started to run farther into the ruins- she knew them like the back of her own hand.. There was a house with a cellar still intact, they would hide there.

she got Rydda stowed away when she had a flash of a thought: the horses! She knew where they could be hidden as well. She dashed off again leaving behind an indignant Rydda.

Once out again, the orcs were swarming and the others were making battle, she gathered the the horses and hid them inside a house that had collapsed into a cave. She turned to run back to Rydda when an orc saw her. Her heart dropped; he started towards her and she started to clamber ontop of the collapsed roof and turned and rolled a boulder on top of his head. He fell and did not stir again. She started down when something grabbed her ankle- she hit another rock on her way down and felt the air leave her lungs just as something crashed on her head, turning her vision bright red before fading to black. Niluphel knew no more.
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2010 05:13
((ooc: maybe Naris could save her? if you want Rukh to do it, I can arrange that as well...))

"Three! Better get a move on, you wouldn't want to be bested by a woman!" She yelled jokingly.

Rûkh shook his head at the statement, pushing his blade deep into the shoulder of an orc, decapitating it with the other.

"It's not that I'm worried about. It's being bested by a ranger that really has me worried."

After the words slipped from his mouth, Rûkh realized just how true they were. Not concerning Eodwyn, but concerning Naris. Rûkh's eyes found the other ranger and as much as he hated to admit it, admired his fighting style.

"18....19...ugh! 20.."

The woman's words drew him out of his reverie. He tried to shake the thoughts from his head as he gave himself back over to the dance of battle. He poured his soul into the fight, squeezing out every drop of strength he had left.

But in his passion, he made error, as so often happens. Fighting so close to Eodwyn, he had to be careful. But when his mind slipped, so did his hand and the edge of his blade, spinning with him, scratched a thin red line from shoulder to shoulder on the beautiful ranger.

Rûkh froze as she cried out, that bleeding line the only thing he could see. Something in the back of his head whispered it wasn't a serious injury, but the shame that flooded him drowned the thought out.

"Eodwyn!" he cried.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2010 10:26
Berior couldn't help but grin as Eodwyn and Rûkh exchanged their death count, trying to best one another. They were almost having fun, it seemed. Berior wished he could be as care free as that, but he couldn't. He was always way too worried about everyone to talk like that. Battle was dangerous after all, and he wanted to make sure everyone got through safely.

Berior cut down orcs all around him while on his horse, until an orc blade scraped the side of his steed, causing it to whiny in pain. It bucked Berior off, running off somewhere. It was trained too well to run away, so it wouldn't go far. Berior fell onto the ground, his breath getting knocked out of his chest.

Almost five orcs took advantage of the moment and tried to stab him while he was down. Berior's eyes widened and he lifted his sword, trying to deflect their blades while he stood back up. He received many cuts and wounds, but not enough to put him down. He felled one of the five orcs and turned around, slashing another across the neck. Before he could react once more, one of the orcs stabbed its cruel blade into his left shoulder, causing blood to run out profusely.

Berior let out a yell, but lifted his sword and cleaved the orcs sword arm off, getting the blade out of his shoulder. The pain was almost endless and he felt drained from blood loss, but he could still fight. He swung at the other two orcs, his movements not as precise as always. He stabbed one in the chest and slashed the other one across the stomach. Breaths came out heavily as Berior fell to one knee, grasping his wound.

"I...must continue to fight!" he said to himself, getting back up. He would not be able to last long, but he would destroy as many orcs as possible before he would fall.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 11, 2010 04:38
Nimthir had a shadow growing in her mind... something was wrong. She whipped around in time to see Berior gasping, holding his shoulder with a pained look on his face. He was growing pale, and looked near to passing out.

She sprinted over to him, her heart racing with near possibilities of what might happen.

"Berior! What has happened?" She yelled.

She reached him, and he was attempting to get up. He fell back down on the ground, and this time he was laying on his back.

"Are you wounded, my lord?" He did not answer, he just squeezed his eyes shut in pain.

She knelt down to his side and cautiously laid her hand on his forehead. He had the cold sweats, and was shivering slightly.

"Please, speak to me!" She looked at his face, contorted with furious pain. He would not answer, he just held on to his shoulder and lay limply on the ground.

She looked at his arm, which was covering the wound on his shoulder. Blood pooled on the grass, and now was on her leggings; she did not care.

She gently touched his arm, and lifted its tight grip from the shoulder. The wound made her gasp, it was large, cutting very deep into his flesh. A tear slid down her face, as she realized that a great loss of blood could lead to...death.

She shook him gently, her face now wet with tears which were all over his tunic as well.

"I must take you away from this place..."

She slid her hands under his arms and gently dragged him into the nearest bush to take cover from the orcs. She ripped a piece of her cape off and held it to the throbbing wound. It became blood soaked in seconds, leaking all the way through her glove.

He shuddered, now completely limp and motionless, his arm falling to his side.

He must be unconscious! She thought. Then something came to her. A vibrant, impulse idea that flashed her mind.

She slowly moved her hands towards him and slid them under his back, lifting him to a half sitting position. He did not move, so he certainly must be unconscious.

She bent her head and brought her lips to his ear.

"Berior... I....you may not hear me.... in truth, I hope that you do not. But please know this... I believe I...."

She paused. What was she saying? How could she really be saying this in reality? How was it possible? Yet, her heart gave her the last breath to say...

"I love you!" She whispered loud enough into his ear. She quickly lifted her head and laid him down on the ground again, blushing. Then she covered him with her cape to keep him warm and stood up slowly.

She layed down her bow and quiver and sheathed her dagger. The company was done, she expected. There were no more thumps of orc feet, no more clashing of swords. They had killed the orcs, all was well... except....

She ran out of the bush and into the clearing, and saw the fellowship. Strong, true... yet tired and aching from the battle.

She beckoned to them, a solemn look on her face.

"Berior is seriously injured, he may yet be unconscious as we speak. We must have a fire, and someone skilled at the healing arts." Her tone was serious, commanding, yet under it was a weak quivering threatening to cry out. She was scared for her life, and yet it was not her life that was at stake.

She must face the facts, she realized. Nimthir was in love with Berior.

(OOC: Berior wasn't actually unconscious because he had to have heard what she said. So he can begin to feel better soon enough, Passe. I'll leave it to you to bring it up with Nimthir.)
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2010 12:52
Berior was in slight shock from his wounds. He had never received an injury as horrible as this, and soon enough, he could hardly move because of the pain and blood loss. Was this finally the end of the line for him? It seemed to be that way. He had fought hard, but apparently not hard enough. He thought his path was pure, but somehow he had swayed away. He made a mistake. Had he failed? Berior didn't want to believe that, but deep in his head he felt that way. Now he was going to die. He failed his friends... Failed them...

Just as he was going to give up, Lady Nimthir came in the midst of the fighting, asking him what was wrong. He could not even respond, falling backwards in pain. He wanted to say something or respond in some way, but the words wouldn't come out. His vision blurred as she dragged him away from the battlefield near a bush to patch up his wounds. Why was she still helping him? Wasn't it obvious it was too late?

Berior was in a state close to unconsciousness, but still aware of his surrounding. He knew what she was saying, and he hated himself for not being able to respond.

"I love you!" She whispered loud enough into his ear.

Shock went through Berior's mind. He was almost happy he was too wounded to respond, as he did not know how we would answer such a statement. She...loved him? Berior did not know if he could believe it or not. Along with the pain from his injuries, this was almost too much to bear. But the question was, did he love her back? Berior wanted to say yes, but deep inside he was conflicted with many thoughts. He wanted to love her, but surely the Lady deserved something better than a simple Mirkwood guard. He was nothing special, he believed. He was just a normal soldier, and he wished for his Lady to have something better than that.

Nimthir had patched up his wounds for the moment, but they would require more care later, especially in his shoulder. Berior could feel the wound pulsing with blood. Would he make it? Yes, he had to. He...could not let Lady Nimthir down now. Not anymore. He had failed in the battle, getting felled by a mere orc, but if he made it out of this alive, he promised to himself that he would never fall like that again. He could not let down his friends or Nimthir. It was his mission...no...duty to protect and serve all of them.

Over the next few moments, Berior mulled over Nimthir's last statement to him. It was getting harder and harder to stay awake, so he did not have much time. If he used all his strength...he could possibly say something. Anything. He couldn't just let something like that go by without an answer. Before he could even say anything, she stood up to go alert the others of what had just happened. It appeared that the battle was over.

"Thank....you...." Berior struggled to say, the words coming out of his mouth with great effort. Soon after, his eyes closed shut and unconsciousness finally grasped him. With the combination of blood loss and a bit of a surprise, sleep was one thing he would definitely need.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 12, 2010 04:00
"Thank....you...." Berior struggled to say, the words coming out of his mouth with great effort.

Nimthir turned back, watching him give up for the moment and fall into rest. She wanted him to get well, to sleep... and most of all, she was ashamed and hurt at her own self for stating what she had felt. It was an immature action which would most likely cause him to hate her. He surely would hate her... for how could he feel the same way about her that she felt about him for the longest time? It was only very recently that she had caught up with herself and realized that this was how she felt. It was still wearing off, as the shock of telling someone that she loved them was far too nigh.

How could I BE so self centered... so impulsive? So... She shook her head, clamping her mouth shut into a straight line.

She walked into the woods again and bent down beside Berior. He was unconscious. She shuddered, what if he were to... to.... die?

She took her dagger and plunged it into the fabric of her cape, making a deep cut through the fabric, and sawed it into somewhat of a rectangle. She unwrapped the first blood-soaked layer, and replaced it with a new one. She eyed the forest, and an herb caught her eye. This one had great healing properties for wounds.

She jogged over to the side and sliced a bushel off. She rubbed it in between her hands, heating it up, then she wet the leaves with her mouth. She bent back down to Berior and unraveled the fabric, rubbing the herb around the wound. Then she replaced the fabric once more.

He had to survive. He simply had to. For she doubted that her own life would be spared, had his been forfeit.
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 09:59
(UGH! I hate moving..sorry for not being on in a while)

"Eodwyn!" he cried.

Eodwyn felt the sting of the blade slash across her back making all thought dissappear from her mind, the pain taking over. She finished of the orc in front of her and knelt down on her good leg waiting for the pain to pass.

She breathed in and out calming her racing heart and listening to her surroundings hearing as fast foot steps came towards her.

She winced as she shifted her weight.

Ahh..this hurts...breath...it will pass.. she thought.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 11:47
((OOC: Carandra, I don't mind at all. I was going to have Rydda get away anyway. Also, I made the place where the horses are hidden quite close to Rydda's hiding spot. Hope you don't mind.))

Rydda stared in shock at the attacking Orcs. No, she thought, this can not be happening. Not again. I can't bring this much bad luck, can I?Things were so much better, and then this happened.

She was jolted alert when Niluphel grabbed her hand and dragged her farther into the ruins. They huddled in what had once been the cellar of an abandoned house. "What about Silvermane? He's just like a friend to me. I won't leave him out there for the Orcs!" Rydda demanded. "I'm going to get him."

Niluphel gave Rydda a stern look that clearly said "Stay here!" and ran back out of their haven. Rydda indignantly obeyed. The sounds of battle drifted to her ears. "I have weapons, I can fight," she said to the air. "But...I don't really want to," she admitted. "I'm frightened."

Rydda waited for a time, but Niluphel did not return. Finally Rydda got to her feet and cautiously left the ruined cellar. She couldn't see any Orcs but still heard shrieks and the clashing of swords. Where was Niluphel?

Rydda turned a corner and stifled a screech. Fifteen feet away a large, hideous Orc stood over the inert form of Niluphel, scimitar raised. Acting almost without thinking, Rydda drew a dagger and threw it. It stuck firmly in the Orc's back, but did no real damage. He turned with a furious snarl and looked straight at Rydda. She drew a second dagger and backed against a pillar as the Orc charged.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 12:04
Rûkh flew to the Eodwyn as the rest of the orcs fell dead at the blades of the others. He dropped his two scimitars and grabbed the strong ranger woman by the shoulders. His dark eyes, flickering with fear that he had done irreparable damage, found hers.

They were fogged with pain.

"Eodwyn, are you alright? I'm so sorry. So sorry," he whispered, pulling her to his chest without thinking, "Please forgive me."

He held her a moment longer, but when he felt her warm blood oozing over his fingertips he pulled back. His face grew warm with embarrassment, but that was nothing compared to the guilt and shame that haunted his eyes.

"Let me tend to it. I-I don't think it's too deep."
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 12:29
"Eodwyn, are you alright? I'm so sorry. So sorry," he whispered, pulling her to his chest without thinking, "Please forgive me."

Eodwyn bit back a cry of pain when Rukh pulled her into his chest. Breathing deeply she pulled back and looked at him with a serious face.

"I'm fine Rukh, it was an accident. There is nothing to forgive." she placed the her palm on his cheek making him look at her

"Let me tend to it. I-I don't think it's too deep."

It was Eodwyn's face that grew warm with embarrassment now.

"I thank you for the offer Rukh, but I believe it would be more proper if Lady Nimthir or Rydda, even Zamani would tend to my wound if they have any healing skills at all." She smiled at him.

"Do not worry Rukh, like you said. It is not a deep wound."
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 12:57
When the battle first began Naris didn't notice that Eodwyn had moved away from him, but when the number of orcs lessened, and there was time to breathe, he saw Rukh and Eodwyn fighting together. He glared at them for a few seconds. The distraction gave an orc the chance to give him a cut on the shoulder with it's scimitar.

Naris quickly stabbed his sword into the orc's chest when he heard a stifled screech. He turned to see Rydda throwing a knife at an orc standing above a the woman that Rukh had brought with him after his scouting mission.. As quickly as he could he ran to their aid. The orc charged and swung it's sword. and Naris intercepted it with his own blade. "Run," he told Rydda.

With the girl taken care of Naris fought the orc. Meeting it's blade every time it attacked him. Seeing an opening he lunged and nicked the orc on the shoulder causing it to drop it's sword, but with it's other arm it shoved punched Naris in the face, breaking his nose. Ignoring the blood Naris decapitated the orc.

Naris moved closer to the woman that Rukh had brought before the battle. He knelt beside her and asked, "Are you okay?" Some of his blood dripped down his face and onto the ground.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 03:49
"I'm fine Rukh, it was an accident. There is nothing to forgive." she placed the her palm on his cheek making him look at her

Her fingers felt cool against his skin, but did not relieve the horrible feeling that swelled inside him. He wanted to fix it. Take it back. Make everything better.

"I thank you for the offer Rukh, but I believe it would be more proper if Lady Nimthir or Rydda, even Zamani would tend to my wound if they have any healing skills at all." She smiled at him.

"Do not worry Rukh, like you said. It is not a deep wound."

Rûkh stared at her in confusion for a moment. Blinking, he realized what she meant and his cheeks flushed darker. He stood and stumbled back, averting his eyes.

"I...Yes, of course. I'm sorry. Let me, well...I'll help you to Nimthir and one of the women will tend to you."

With that he helped her back to the group. For a moment he paced before them, but he felt restless and couldn't stay still. Without an explanation, he stalked back to the battlefield and began the backbreaking, dirty work of dragging the filthy orc bodies into a giant heap.

Rûkh threw himself into the work, trying not to think. But over and over again in his mind the scene played. Tormenting him. Grunting, he heaved another orc corpse on top of the pile.

When the bodies lay all heaped together, he doubled over, panting. A faint streak of blood stained his shirt near his shoulder. The effort had strained the stitches, but he didn't care. He deserved it. And it felt good to be exhausted.

He collapsed then in the grass - away from the dead corpses and away from the company. He lay on the ground and stared up at the sky. He closed his eyes and imagined the wind through the grass was caress of waves on the shore.

"I'm sorry, Eodwyn," he whispered to she who could not hear him then.

[Edited on 14/8/2010 by Sava-Tennoio]
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 04:45
"I...Yes, of course. I'm sorry. Let me, well...I'll help you to Nimthir and one of the women will tend to you."

Eodwyn watched as Rukh stumbled with his words and his face turn red. She bit back a small laugh.

He's so sweet.

Eodwyn braced herself against the pain in her back aas Rukh led her back to the others. They stopped near Nimthir who was near a wounded Berior.

"Lady Nimthir! I need your assistance. Having you any skill with healing?"

Out of the corner of her eye she watched as Rukh paced back and forth and then eventhually leave the group to pile the orcs.

It was an accident. Anyone could have done it. Why must he beat himself bloody about it?

"Oh..Rukh, when are you ever going to forgive yourself?" she muttered to herself.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 06:05

"Lady Nimthir! I need your assistance. Having you any skill with healing?"

Nimthir tore herself away from Berior, looking up at a wounded Eodwyn and a shameful Rukh.

"Indeed, I have... but I could say the same for another of the company, for Berior needs care and I alone cannot do it. I shall heal Eodwyn, yet I ask of you, Rukh, to go and request another of the fellowship to please help me care for Berior." Nimthir stood up and gently touched Eodwyn's shoulder. She winced.

"Lady Eodwyn, I shall heal this wound. For I have seen worse. I will, to the extent of my skill, make sure you are tended to." She smiled at the star-crossed woman. They weren't so different, the two of them. Perhaps someday they would see eye to eye, and become more than just acquaintances. But for now, Berior needed healing, and so did Eodwyn.

Nimthir set up a fire, and began to boil some water. Herbs would be needed, and another person to assist.

Healing the both of them would take a small parcel of time, and they would all be able to set out again very soon, Nimthir was certain.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 13, 2010 08:03
(Ooc: blackberry once more ftw! Again, if changes are needed, lemme know)

There was a voice coming to her through the fog, somewhere far off... Her head was throbbing, and she groaned slightly as she opened her eyes and tried to get them focus. There was a face leaning over her; it was one of the men from the group. She couldn't remember his name. She pushed herself into a siting position, her ribs ached, but weren't broken.

She looked up at him again and gave a small smile, though it probably looked more like a wince.

"Thank you for..." She looked down at the orc "saving my life" she didn't quite believe that she had to say that. She eyed the wound in his shoulder, which was bleeding freely as was his nose.

She started to reach out towards his shoulder, but withdrew her hand. "If you would allow me, I could help you with those"

They each started towards the voices of the others... There were notes of distress in the voices, though they were still indistinct.

She looked up at him; his face was starting to tense up again as some of the voices became recognizable.

"I'm Niluphel". He probably didn't hear her as he stalked off to the woman he had ridden in with and Rukh. Rukh looked distraught, though everyone looked well enough.. Except the elf lord sprawled on the ground. The Lady was kneeling beside him looking besdies herself. Niluphel stepped forward.

"I have trained in the houses of healing for some years, Lady." There was the faintest look of relief on her beautiful face. She tugged at her shell necklace, she was as unused to speakibg this much to this many people as she was to flying. She turned to the Lady once more

She bit her lip, mumbled a brief excuse and came back a moment later with her bag, out of which she pulled a few small bundles of herbs and a small knife. She looked at the Lady, who introduced herself as Nimthir, for permission, and began to cut away the elf Lord's shirt to reveal the extent of his wounds. They thankfully weren't as bad as they first appeared. She prepared a weak tea with willowbark and passed that around, partaking of some herself, as it would help ease pain. She and Nimthir made a few poultices and tended to Berior. It was not long before it became clear he would pull through. A new kind of worry crossed Nimthir's face as they tended to the others; soon Eodwyn (as was the human maiden's name) Zamani (the Haradrim woman) and Rukh were patched up.

She turned to Naris as Nimthir turned back to Beroir,as obviously preoccupied as Naris was. He flinched when she helped to set his broken nose and wiped some of the blood off his face, but didn't say much or flinch again as she stitched his cut closed, applied a poultice and wrapped it. She had been able to figure out atleast some about the others, but not him. She gave another murmured thanks and withdrew to sit beside Rydda.

"Thank you for your help earlier. And you needn't worry; Silvermane is safe."

She drew the flute out of her sleeve once more and began a soft melody as she looked off in the distance towards Gondor, which she had decided to leave behind.

[Edited on 14/8/2010 by Carandra]
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2010 03:10
As they finished the healing, and drank tea, Nimthir was grateful for Niluphel's help. If it was for the better health of Berior, it would make Nimthir happy.

She turned away from Berior, who was still unconscious but shifting around, would soon wake up; and turned towards Niluphel, smiling.

"I thank you, Lady Niluphel for your help. For I could do naught on my own. It means a great deal to me..." She glanced over at the peaceful Berior. "More.... than you would imagine."

Nimthir dearly hoped that her facial expressions didn't give anything away... but she wondered how obvious it really was.

She watched as Rukh and Eodwyn glanced at each other, clearly sharing a mutual affection. Yet she felt they had not quite faced up to it yet. It was quite obvious. She wondered if people could tell that she felt that way about Berior... if they knew...
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2010 05:29
Eodwyn drank the tea doen happily, it eased the sting of the wound across her back and the dull ache of her wounded leg, and the throb of the bruise that was starting to form on her face from when an orc backhanded her. She sat by the fire watching as Niluphel healed the others.

"She is truly gifted in the healing arts.

After Niluphel was done tending to Naris, Eodwyn watched as Niluphel shrank back to sit next to Rydda.

"She seems a little shy. She smiled. "Being in our company will cure her of that.

Eodwyn looked back to Naris again, ever since the fight he seemed a little more disgruntled than usual. She wondered what was bothering him.

Then her sight wandered off to Rukh who was still looking shameful for what happened. He was such a caring man, she was happy that she had meet someone as sweet as him. Sipping the last of her tea she put down her mug and cleared her throat.

"22 orcs, what is your score Rukh?" Hopefully the challenge they had earlier would get his mind off of the incident.

[Edited on 14/8/2010 by OraedaDlynn]
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2010 05:56
((ooc: I know you asked Rukh to go get Nil, but it looks like Nil already showed up, so I'ma just keep going from my last post, okay?))

Rûkh did not stay away from the group long. After all, he wanted to see how Eodwyn was doing and if her wound had been properly tended.

His few minutes of solitary thinking had put him back in a calm place. He still felt a twinge in his stomach every time he remembered his blade slicing through Eodwyn's flesh - but he tried not to think about that.

As he walked back to the group, he bent and picked up his orc blades. Silently thought to himself that he should get a finer blade if they happened upon a city.

And then he reached the company again, his dark eyes darting to Eodwyn's face. He settled near her and twisted a piece of grass in his fingers.

"Are you all patched up then, my lady?"
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2010 06:09
"Are you all patched up then, my lady?"

"Yes, Rukh. I'm fine now, the tea that Niluphel made is doing wonders too." She watched as he twirled the blade of grass in his hands.

"Please, call me Eodwyn. There is no need for formality."

"I do believe that no matter how many times I tell him this, he will still call me Lady. she giggle a little to herself.

She looked back over at Rukh and saw his bloody shoulder, and a stern look came across her face.

"I thought I told you not to strain your shoulder? Now we're going to have to re-stitch it." she also finally noticed the slash mark across his side.

"And that needs to be tended to as well. Come, you need to see Niluphel." And together they walked to the maiden playing the flute.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2010 06:53

"Yes, Rukh. I'm fine now, the tea that Niluphel made is doing wonders too." She watched as he twirled the blade of grass in his hands.

"Please, call me Eodwyn. There is no need for formality."

Rûkh searched the woman's eyes as she spoke to him. Nothing but goodwill and kindness greeted his thorough scan, however, and he subconsciously breathed a sigh of relief.

"A habit, my...Eodwyn."

When he realized how that sounded, he felt his face flush again. Why was he acting like a child? He resisted the urge to squirm under her gaze.

"I thought I told you not to strain your shoulder? Now we're going to have to re-stitch it." she also finally noticed the slash mark across his side.

"And that needs to be tended to as well. Come, you need to see Niluphel."

Rûkh glanced over at his shoulder.

"It isn't bad. Just strained the stitches. And this," he said, nodding to the scratch on his side, "Is nothing but a scratch, I assure you. But your concern is appreciated."

He didn't want to go to their newfound healer, but the ranger was determined and he could not resist. So he followed her to where the girl with the flute sat, and then he stood by silently as Eodwyn explained his injuries.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 14, 2010 11:58
She had been referred to as a lady. She certainly didn't feel like a lady. Well, she wasn't either way. She was a merchants daughter.

Eodwyn led a rather reluctant Rukh towards her. She surveyed the pair, evidently he had a cut on his back that had been stitched, but had torn open and few new wounds as well. She put away her flute and left to get what she needed. Eodwyn withdrew a short distance as Nil peeled his shirt off the re-stitch the cut on his back. She removed the old stitches and started again with her needle.

"You care for her- don't move" she kept her voice low to not be overheard, Rukh had started and had tried to protest, Niluphil shushed him. "She cares for you too, so you needn't be concerned with the other" she bit the thread off and dabbed on something to make it heal faster and wrapped it up and tended to his other cut on the side... She glanced at his face again

"And this cut is far worse then that on Eodwyn, so no more frets" She finished up and sat back down on her heels. She looked around, cast a glance back in the direction of Gondor and drew a breath

"Do you think I could journey with you and your company?"

<< First34567Last >>
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email