Register

<< First45678
Author Topic:
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
Post RE: Nimthir's Journey
on: August 31, 2010 05:01
Nilûphil waited a moment longer, then grabbed his hand and led him deeper in to the ruins. On the other side from where they were was a small pond that had formed when a well had fallen in.

By now, the sun had set and twilight lay about. This was Nilûphil's favorite part of the day- the shadows softened the flaws that were so evident by the light of day and all was quiet, almost dreamlike as the starts started to emerge but had not yet gone over to darkness. Naris still had to say anything, which wasn't to surprising, Nilûphil wasn't sure if she'd be too inclined to speak in the same circumstances. She let go of his hand and settled herself upon a moss covered rock next to the willow that had taken up residency there and dipped her bare feet in the water; after another moment, she turned and watched Naris once more.

Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2010 02:20
Nimthir glanced at Rydda's eager face as she begged for Lembas.

Her eyes softened and she smiled slightly. At least what she had said had not caused a negative effect on the girl.

"Indeed we have... now let us go to the camp, where we might find our stock of Lembas." She put her hand gently on Rydda's back, hoping she was not causing her any discomfort. It was only a small gesture of kindness!

They walked down the hill and into the midst of the fire and camp. Nimthir found her bag and fumbled through, finding the Lembas. She handed a package to Rydda and one for herself, removing the Mallorn leaf wrapper.

She took a small piece of it for herself and put it back.

"A very small amount is needed to fill ones stomach." She chuckled as Rydda had already taken her 3rd bite.

She sighed, they would indeed get to know each other much more.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 01, 2010 03:53
Rydda eagerly accepted the piece of Elven bread - lembas, Nimthir called it. Biting into it, she was pleasantly surprised by the flavor. It was a lot better than the waybread given to her in one of the villages she'd stopped at.

"A very small amount is needed to fill one's stomach."

Rydda realized that she had eaten only three good-sized bites and was already full. Taking one more nibble, she put the rest back into the leaf-wrapping, feeling a little silly as Nimthir chuckled.

"Thank you, Lady Nimthir," Rydda said. "It's delicious." She hesitated. "Can...may I ask you a question?"
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2010 10:35

"Thank you, Lady Nimthir," Rydda said. "It's delicious." She hesitated. "Can...may I ask you a question?"

Nimthir felt a sense of nervousness in the girls voice. Yet there was a tone of sureness, this must be a question long pondered.

"You need not ask me that, please, do go on." She looking into Rydda's eyes thoughtfully, waiting for an answer.
Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2010 11:38
Rydda had wanted to ask since Nimthir has spoken on the hilltop, but now the words came with difficulty. She forced herself to speak, her voice low.

"I thought Elves did not die, but what you said on the hill was right...how do you know what it's like when things like that don't happen to Elves?" Rydda couldn't bring herself to speak of her parents' deaths again.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 03, 2010 05:39
"I thought Elves did not die, but what you said on the hill was right...how do you know what it's like when things like that don't happen to Elves?"

This caught Nimthir off guard. She paused, mulling over how to answer the question.

"Rydda... elves may be wise, fair... immortal... yet only by the decay of time are they immune. From time to time an Elf may die from grief, if it is severe enough. Yet they can also be slain by the blade. That, child, is how my mother's death came to be. And my father is yet to be existent in my life as he removes himself whenever possible; so I think of my self as being without the guidance and affection of a parent, like yourself." She felt her heart sink at the thought of her mother, but shook herself out of the daze and built up her armour once again.

She hoped not to bore Rydda... It is far more difficult to predict a child's reaction then an adult... I do hope I learn one day...

Lastande_Took
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2010 08:48
"Yet they can also be slain by the blade. That, child, is how my mother's death came to be."

Rydda felt slightly stunned as Lady Nimthir told of her own mother's death. Elves were wise, fair, and (usually) deathless; she'd always thought of them as mysterious and powerful beyond the understanding of Men, but here was an Elf whose background wasn't terribly different from Rydda's.

Rydda glanced up at Nimthir for a moment, wide-eyed, before looking back into the flames of the campfire. "Elves might not be so different after all," she said to herself, speaking in a voice her own ears hardly caught.

The warmth of the fire and the comfort of a full stomach made Rydda drowsy, even though she had just woken a short time ago. Yawning, she leaned gently against Nimthir and drifted back to sleep.

[Edited on 4/9/2010 by Lastande_Took]
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2010 12:55
Nimthir stiffened slightly as Rydda leant against her, then relaxed again hoping not to wake her.

It felt... it felt as if this child was her own. Her very own. Nimthir placed her hand on Rydda's dirty brown hair and stroked her locks gently and methodically. How serene it was, how calming, to have her warm body resting against Nimthir's.

The fire crackled endlessly, and Nimthir was tempted to stay there. But she needed to attend to other duties and Rydda would have to go to her own bed. Nimthir gently slid her arms around Rydda and lifted her up over her shoulder. Her head slid to Nimthir's shoulder and she put her arms around Nimthir's neck as she carried her away from the fire and back to the tents.

She crept into Rydda's tent and let Rydda down carefully so as not to wake the girl. Rydda curled into a tight ball and Nimthir covered her with a wool blanket. It was thin, and worn, but they had no room for anything better and wool would keep her very warm.

Nimthir left the tent quietly, doing up the ties at the entrance. She pondered how Berior was. Perhaps she should go and see him.

She found him sitting upright, looking more awake now. Perhaps he was feeling better? She hoped so. She walked closer to his slightly slumped upright figure, her footfalls quiet and graceful. Maybe he had come to a decision. Maybe he would tell her whether he was to reject or embrace her offer.

Thoughts began to spin round in her head again, and the small peaceful time with Rydda was now taken over by fears and hopes of the wounded Ellon, sitting in front of her.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2010 02:14
When Niluphel came up to Naris he decided to ignore her. What Eodwyn had told rent his heart. He held back his tears, but his hands trembled. He let himself be led by Niluphel to a strange lonely well.

Sitting there by Niluphel in the dusk, Naris felt his tongue loosen. "Why, why did you come and find me?" Naris asked. "You didn't have to."
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 01:09
"Perhaps if such a time comes, when all our work is finished, I may accompany you back to the sea. Or else, perhaps we shall meet there. I know a good many spots on the shore more beautiful than the others."

Eodwyn smiled at his words. "I would love it if you were to accompany me back to the sea Rukh,"

She yawned her adrenaline now going back its normal level.

"I believe I should get some rest, good night Rukh." She walked away and laid out her roll to sleep.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 05, 2010 03:11
"I believe I should get some rest, good night Rukh."

Rûkh nodded and gingerly stretched the kinks out of his body.

"Of course. Good night, Eodwyn. Sleep well."

He waited until she returned to the camp and lay down, not quite ready to turn in for the night. His body ached, but his mind was awake and buzzing. His heart glowing with a strange fire. He stood staring at the stars for many a long moment, pondering many thoughts, before he finally turned and slipped back into the camp.

His gaze found Eodwyn. She lay fast asleep in her bedroll, her face as sweet as a sea goddess's would be. Rûkh smiled at the thought. He found a place on the other side of the fire - a proper distance away - and rolled out his own bedroll. Slipping inside, he sighed and allowed himself to drift off to sleep.

((OOC: Should we have arranged a guard? Shifts or something?)
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2010 12:30
Berior sat in the tent, hardly conscious. He still felt very drained from the blood loss, but he was healing, though it'd take a few days or weeks for the intense pain in his shoulder to go away. He looked down at his hand, clenching it in a fist to test the pain in his arm.

"I won't be able to fight my fullest like this..." Berior said to himself, sighing. "I hope we do not get involved in many conflicts before this heals. I have a feeling that the wound would get worse if I got in a taxing fight."

He put his hand on his shoulder, looking at the wound. It looked much better than before, now that it was cleaned off, but it was still nasty. If he were more aware, this probably wouldn't have happened...

As he was thinking, Nimthir entered, crouching down beside him. Berior looked over at her, a little surprised.

"N-Nimthir?" he said, startled. "I hardly noticed you were there, being as quiet as that... What are you doing up? You should be resting and not worrying about my condition. I'm... quite alright. You've been busier than any of us today."
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2010 01:03
"N-Nimthir?" he said, startled. "I hardly noticed you were there, being as quiet as that... What are you doing up? You should be resting and not worrying about my condition. I'm... quite alright. You've been busier than any of us today."

Nimthir sighed. Yes, busy she had been indeed. But nothing was to stop her from caring for Berior. He would be better very soon, if it was the last thing she did. He would be better very soon or her name was not Nimthir.

"Ah, yes. I do grow tired, but alas. I have buisness to attend and people to care for." She looked away from him, feeling saddened. Clearly the people she cared for did not care for her...

She would not give up yet. He loved her, he would remember it before the end.

"How goes it? Do you grow stronger? Or feel in any sort of happier spirits?" She tried her best to keep away from the cursed subject of... them.

She looked at his arm, gingerly nearing it with her gentle touch. She lifted it, being very gentle and respecting his personal space, removing the bandage. She reached for more bandeges from her pack and re-wrapped the gouge gently, making him wince once or twice. After she was done, she let his arm fall at his side.

She brought herself to a crosslegged position beside him, close enough to feel the heat radiating off of him.

(Berior really has to show some sign of affection now, Nimthir is doing most of the work. )
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2010 02:31
[Quote]why did you come and find me?... You didn't have to
Nilûphil was a bit startled by the question. Her initial reaction would have been 'because I wanted to' but that made no sense.

"I know" she started slowly "but you're in pain, even if not physical... And as in most other situations it is best to be removed from the situation. Even more so in yours since you must see the pair of them for some time.. Getting you away from the others seemed like the thing to do".

She didn't feel like pointing out that had he turned around. He would have seen the pair of them together, which would only have been salt in the wound. Doubtless Rûkh and Eodwyn would be nigh unto inseperable now.

She slid off the rock and waded a little bit into the water, holding her skirts just high enough to keep them dry. She looked back as he sat heavily on the ground. She felt... Sorry for him? No, that wasn't right. But she wished there was something to be done or said to ease the pain. She hated
seeing others suffer. She waded in his direction and sat down beside him on the bank.

"Do not think that there is something wanting on your behalf... The heart, atleast from what I have seen, seldom has reasons that are easily understood. It maybe that somewhere else there is a maid who can love you back." She gave a small smile and wondered where that had come from.

"I can still leave, should you desire solitude"
Mon coeur est genre, mais je suis un monster. (My heart is kind, but I am a monster.)
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2010 05:13
Eodwyn fell asleep smiling, thinking only about a time, hopefully in the near future where Rukh and herself would be journeying back to the sea together.

She drifted of her body relaxed, recovering from the stress of the battle and the pain from her wound. But soon her mind had taken a different and much darker reaction.

She was having a nightmare, the first in a long time. It was the same plot as the one she had the day before she met Rukh. Orcs where everywhere, some dead and others still fighting her friends. Soon more and more orcs kept running in, and Eodwyns gaze was drawn to where they were clustering and she panicked.

Rukh was in the middle of the swarming orcs, fighting with all of his strength. He was graceful, yet Eodwyn didn't feel the awe that she usually feels when she watches him fight. This time she was frightened for his life. She began running towards him, trying to help him but she couldn't get to him, she kept on getting pushed back.

Once she reached the group of orcs she thrashed her way through.

"RUKH!!" She yelled his name as she saw an orc slash through his arm, and another one that sliced his abdomen. Eodwyn started cutting down orcs faster and faster trying to get near him.

"No!" She saw another orc bring him down to one knee. Rukh was still fighting and she fought faster.

At last Eodwyn was almost there, almost by his side. She was shaking now from the fear and the adrenaline. She slashed through another orc that bloacked her path to Rukh and soon he was down,

"No! Rukh!" She dropped her knives, and ran to the fallen body as the orcs around them suddenly dissappeared.

"Rukh...breath, stay with me." She rested his head on her lap cradling him as he layed there bleeding.

"Eodwyn..." She looked at him as he took his last breath and she bowed her head, her tears spilling down on him.

"No, Rukh..please, this can't be happening. No, Rukh come back my love."

Vaguely could she feel that someone was gently shaking her...

(OOC: For this dream sequence Eodwyn was yelling out all of her dialogue in her sleep. Thought it would be interesting. =D)

Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 11, 2010 05:52
(OOC: Very interesting indeed!)

A faint whimpering noise tugged at the edges of Rûkh's consciousness, dragging him irresistibly out of his sleep. He lay still, eyes still closed, listening and trying to make his foggy mind understand what the noise was and where it was coming from.

"RUKH!!"

Rûkh bolted to his feet as Eodwyn screamed his name. Never had he heard more urgency and fear in any woman's voice. The flames of the camp fire had died down, and by the slowly dwindling embers he saw that Eodwyn lay still asleep, though she writhed in her bedroll as if she were in great turmoil.

"Eodwyn?" he whispered, uncertain whether it would be inappropriate for him to approach.

She continued to cry out his name repeatedly, coupled with frequent 'no's and cries of anguish. Rûkh trembled at the sounds of her pain and glanced around.

No one had yet woken, no one was yet there to notice.

She began to cry, hard, her sides shaking with her sobs. He could resist no longer.

He flew to her and knelt by her side, reaching gentle hands out to touch her shoulders.

"Eodwyn, wake up. It is only a nightmare."

But she did not respond. Her beautiful face streaked with tears, she continued to fight through a most agonizing dream.

"No, Rukh..please, this can't be happening. No, Rukh come back my love."

Rûkh's breath caught in his throat as he pulled her into his arms, gently rocking her back and forth like a child. He spoke to her, called to her, said her name and brushed his fingertips gently across her feverish cheek and brow.

"Come back to me, my dear," he whispered into her hair, "Come back from the clutch of these nightmares."
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 04:06
Eodwyn in her unconscious state felt someone hold her, and gently rock her back and forth, calling her name. Slowly her surroundings started to fade.

"Come back to me, my dear," he whispered into her hair, "Come back from the clutch of these nightmares."

She recognized the voice, and faster now did the darkness of her dreams dissappear. He was still holding her, whispering into her hair. Her fear immediately dissappeared once Eodwyn was fully in reality once more, happiness coursing through her veins.

"Rukh!" She whispered as to not startle the others if herscreaming hadn't already. She turned around in his arms quickly wrapping her arms around him, holding onto him for dear life.

"Oh, it was horrible. So many orcs, I tried," she sobbed again. "I tried to help you but t-there was so m-many, and once I reached you, you were g-g-gone." She felt fearful again as if her nightmare would come true and gripped Rukh tighter.

She needed Rukh now, more than she ever needed anyone else. She needed him to hold her and tell her everything is going to be fine and that he was never going to leave her, never let anything like her nightmare ever happen.

"I'm so happy it wasn't real," She looked at him, into his dark eyes that she loves. Eodwyn reached up with her hand and placed it upon his cheek, her thumb gently caressing his face.

"I'm so glad that you are here with me."
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 10:17
Rûkh's heart thundered against his chest when Eodwyn turned and wrapped her arms around him. She lay in his arms, shivering and still crying, recounting the tale of her dream and clinging to him in a way which made his heart ache.

"Oh, it was horrible. So many orcs, I tried," she sobbed again. "I tried to help you but t-there was so m-many, and once I reached you, you were g-g-gone."

"Shhhh," he murmured, gently stroking her hair away from her tear streaked face, "It's alright now. It was only a dream, I am here. I will not leave you, I swear it."

He continued to hold and rock her, not now caring what anyone else might think.

"I'm so happy it wasn't real," She looked at him, into his dark eyes that she loves. Eodwyn reached up with her hand and placed it upon his cheek, her thumb gently caressing his face.

"I'm so glad that you are here with me."

When she touched his face, he felt his throat tighten with restricted emotions. His eyes glittered with tears unshed, tears for the pain on her face, and then tears for the joy which her words brought to his heart.

He tilted his face into her palm, enjoying the cool touch of her fingers against his skin. It took a moment to fight back the lump in his throat, it was a struggle to finally make his lips say the words he needed them to say.

"I am glad to be here with you, Eodwyn. And I will not leave you, not even if Ulmo himself commanded it."

Then, without thinking twice, he bent his head and pressed his lips gently to her forehead. A sweet kiss which he hoped would express more than his words could say. He pulled her into an embrace then and held her while the rest of her tears flew away and the stars watched over head.
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 01:29
Naris looked at Niluphel, "No, please stay, I have been alone far too long." He turned his head towards the campsite, "Are the others asleep?"
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 02:55
"I am glad to be here with you, Eodwyn. And I will not leave you, not even if Ulmo himself commanded it."

In that one moment it felt that nothing else in the world mattered to Eodwyn except for the man holding her who just planted a sweet innocent kiss upon her forehead. It felt as though everything that he wanted to say and everything that he was feeling was put into that simple kiss.

Eodwyn pulled back her hand and wiped her face clean of all her tears. She smiled back at him.

The moon was still high in the sky and and she didn't know if any one else was still awake.

"Rukh?" She wrapped her arms around him again and nuzzled her head in the crook of his neck.

"Can you stay by me tonight? Please?" She blushed and was glad that he couldn't see how bright red she was. She hoped that Rukh would understand what she wanted of him.

She wanted him to stay by her and chase the nightmares away and keep her safe.
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 03:45
"How goes it? Do you grow stronger? Or feel in any sort of happier spirits?"

"I am doing much better than before, but I am still not in good condition, I fear," Berior replied, sighing. "I am very sorry, but for a while I will have to refrain from fighting too much, or these wounds will get even worse. This wouldn't have happened if I were a little more careful..."

Berior was still having a hard time getting over the fact that he was defeated in combat by orcs. He failed his teammates and, above all, the lady he had sworn to protect for her travels, no matter where she took him on this crazy journey. He smiled, thinking about how much he's changed in this short time they've been together on this journey.

When Nimthir came near to check his wounds he felt the hair on his arm prick up and goosebumps go all up his arm. Her touch was very gentle and caring, something Berior certainly did not expect. It hurt for her to check the wounds, but he was glad she had the thought for his condition.

"Nimthir..." he said to her softly. "I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you for how much you've done for me. I'm not sure I would've pulled through hadn't I heard your voice. I felt my spirit leaving my body, but once that voice resonated through my ears, I managed to pull back. Escape my death..."

Berior paused.

"I just wanted you to hear that..." he said. "You are the reason I keep on living. I don't have much else of a purpose here on this earth."
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 04:00

"I am doing much better than before, but I am still not in good condition, I fear," Berior replied, sighing. "I am very sorry, but for a while I will have to refrain from fighting too much, or these wounds will get even worse. This wouldn't have happened if I were a little more careful..."

"Nimthir..." he said to her softly. "I don't think I'll ever be able to thank you for how much you've done for me. I'm not sure I would've pulled through hadn't I heard your voice. I felt my spirit leaving my body, but once that voice resonated through my ears, I managed to pull back. Escape my death..."

"I just wanted you to hear that..." he said. "You are the reason I keep on living. I don't have much else of a purpose here on this earth."

Nimthir felt a pang of happiness. A tear slid down her face despite her trying to fight it off. He... he kept on fighting, living, breathing... for her?

She smiled at him, her eyes shining.

"I believe now there is naught much else for me to live for but this."

She put her hand very cautiously on his own, being slow and gentle. Her touch was calm and controlled, but affectionate and confident at the same time. She slid her fingers between his and simply sat, her hand entwined in his own, in silence, waiting for him to say something else. She was simply content to sit here and listen to him, to look at the fine details of his perfectly carved face. In fact there was nothing better that she wished to do.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 04:17
No, please stay, I have been alone far too long

That had surprised her a bit, though she couldn't tell why. She lay back in the grass and ferns and stared up at the sky. Naris seemed to be of few words as well, seemingly fewer than she was inclined to spare. But unlike with most others, she could not read his thoughts that were so readily written on their faces. And this bothered her, again for reasons unknown. She stole another look at him; his face illuminated by the near full moon that had risen.
Are the others asleep?
she turned and could just barely see the others over the bank-

"It would seem so." She paused before asking, hesitantly

"What are you thinking?"
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 12, 2010 04:41
"Rukh?" She wrapped her arms around him again and nuzzled her head in the crook of his neck.

Rûkh tightened his arms around her and gently continued to stroke her hair. He marveled in the way she fit in his arms, in the joy that her presence brought to his long-lonely heart.

"Yes, my dear?"

"Can you stay by me tonight? Please?"

Rûkh's eyebrow arched in surprise, but the darkness covered that small movement. He smiled into her hair as he nodded.

"I will not leave your side. The nightmares cannot come if I am here to prevent them. Come, you should sleep, for the day has been long."

With that he shuffled their positions a little. In the end, he pulled his blanket into his lap and let her rest her fair head on him. And there he sat, as she slowly drifted to sleep, still stroking her hair, content to watch her sleep. A lone sentinel, with lovestruck eyes. A dark eyed wolf watching over its mate. At times he hummed gentle songs of the sea, or else let the wind sings its own soft music.

(OOC: Sound okay, Oraeda?)

[Edited on 13/9/2010 by Sava-Tennoio]
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 13, 2010 10:43
"I will not leave your side. The nightmares cannot come if I am here to prevent them. Come, you should sleep, for the day has been long."

Eodwyn got comfortable when the adjusted their positions. She laid back against him laying her head on his chest, listening to him as he hummed songs from his home. Slowly Eodwyn drifted off into a peaceful sleep listening to Rukh hum and to the thump of his heart.

(OOC: Yea, Sava that's great!)
curufinwefeanor13
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 15, 2010 03:56
"I'm wondering if it was a good idea to join this quest," Naris said, "if I should just have kept going on alone." The night air was starting to get cooler, or at least Naris was barely starting to feel it. He looked at Niluphel, "Are you cold?"

Suddenly he really noticed Niluphel. Her grey eyes were deep and thoughtful, and her dark hair framed her face perfectly. She wore a small shell on a cord around her neck, "Where did you get that shell Nil?" Naris asked her.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 18, 2010 04:00
Nilûphil had settled in, expecting to remain alone herself, even if Naris was a few inches away.
I'm wondering if it was a good idea to join this quest... If I should just have going on alone

"You could still leave... I had similar thoughts earlier; though I'd rather stay and take my chances, going back home...I cannot." She trailed off, she'd rather not go into that again, atleast not today.

are you cold?

"A bit" she admitted "but I don't mind" she glanced up at him again, his handsome marred slightly by the bruises forming from his broken nose. He suddenly turned and their eyes met, briefly. She turned once more to the sky, her hand finding its inevitable way to the shell around her neck.

She wasn't sure, but his gaze seemed to feel... Different. Like he was seeing her, instead of merely looking at her.

where did you get that shell Nil?

The use of her childhood nick name surprised her. She rather liked it.

"My father is a merchant, and travels twice yearly; once to go to the coast, where my grandmother was from. When I was younger, my brother and I would go with him. I looked forward to it every year, I love the sea... But the journey to and from as well. The last year I was allowed to go I fell ill and couldn't go. My father brought this back."

She had been allowed to go this year, but for other reasons than before. She once more found herself talking far more than she was accustomed to, and to a man that she barely knew. Well, two, counting Rûkh. What had come over her?

She stifled a yawn and, turning on her side, head propped on her hand to face him, asked

"So, how did you come to be a Ranger?"

[Edited on 19/9/2010 by Carandra]
Passepartout
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2010 10:24
((OOC: Sorry for delay. Had a family reunion.))

Berior looked over at Nimthir, thinking about her words.

"You have much more to live for than this, Nimthir," he replied. "There is a whole world out there to explore! I have a feeling your part in this world is greater than you believe it to be."

Berior hoped that she would believe his words. He didn't want her to live an empty life with only one aspiration to succeed and live on. He would help her in any way possible to go on if he had to.

However, the grasp of sleep was slowly coming upon him. His injuries and overall lack of rest were finally catching up. He slowly closed his eyes absent minded, falling into the deep world of dreams.
maerwyn2233
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 19, 2010 03:56
Nimthir smiled as she watched Berior drift into a sleep once again.

After her thousands of years on Arda, fighting, killing, living on, she needed something other than death and war to look forward to, to work for... to put her energies into. He knew little of her, she thought. What they needed was time to get to know each other.

She sighed, she also knew to little of him. She longed to know more. What was his family history? Where had he grown up? Who were his parents? She longed for all this and more. And together they would learn about each other.

All in good time, Nimthir. All in good time.
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2010 10:26
((OOC: Gonna go ahead and wake up now, if that's alright...))

Rúkh woke as the sun peeked its head over the edge of the horizon. Despite the awkward position and the crick in his back, he had slept rather well. He smiled down at Eodwyn's sleeping face. Rather well, because he had been holding her.

The sun put on a dazzling show, but few were awake to see it. It cast streaks of brilliant scarlet, orange and gold into the sky, coloring the few clouds that floated by. Rúkh looked down at Eodwyn again, admiring her beautiful face, flushed red with the sun's warm glow.

Bending, he pressed his lips to her forehead and whispered her name.
Carandra
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 26, 2010 04:45
((Ooc: yeah, let's get the party moving again))

Nilûphil woke gradually, not remembering having fallen asleep. As she stirred, she became aware of the cloak that someone had laid across her during the night. It must have been Naris. At that thought, she sat up and looked around; his impression in the grass beside her was framed by dew, and his footsteps were clearly seen- he also had spent the night there.

It was, perhaps, a bit unseemly... But she smiled to herself as she got up, wrapping the too big cloak around her, and knelt by the water's edge to wash her face. There was work to be done; later she would check everyone's injuries from the day before and a few would need new poultices... Her own head was throbbing slighty from the knot that had formed from her own involvment in the skirmish from the day before.

And there was the traveler's garden her and her Grandmother had planted. She got up and went to her bag, she quickly ran a comb through her hair to get out the rest of the tangles before reaching for her scarf. She started to wind it around her head and stopped. She had hated wearing it and no one here knew what they meant... Nor would they care. Besides, she had other uses for it. She skipped off, not too far from where she and Naris had spent the night and found the garden. She dug up a few potatoes, splitting others and replanting them for later.. As well as some of the carrots and onions. Someone had planted tomatoes as well, and a few late summer blueberries. After she had gathered the fruit and vegetables, she turned her attention to the herbs. When she was finished, she wiped her dusty hands on the still dewey grass and made her way to the small fire someone had started. She dug around in one of the bags until she fished out cooking utensils. She sliced some of the potatoes and added them to the skillet with some finely chopped bacon and got a pot of porriage started, to which she added the berries. The rest of the food she had gathered she left, wrapped in the scarf, by the bags. The cloak... Naris's cloak she corrected, was folded neatly beside her. He was nowhere to be seen. Rûkh and Eodwyn were up, and few others were starting to stir as she gave the porriage a good stir.

((Ooc: the head scarf I'm basing off of Medieval practices and the few moments inside Minas Tirith that they showed in the movie- married women covered their hair completely; women of marriagable age wore thiers covered, but loosely, sometimes even letting it fall about their shoulders. But it was very unproper to go without a scarf if you were supposed to wear one.

And the garden is something that traveling pilgrims would do in popular stopping points- just plant vegetables to help others along the way.))
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2010 10:57
((OOC: Like the addition of the scarf and the traveling garden, Carandra. C'mon folks, let's not let the RPG die!))

Rúkh sat still for as long as he could before the urge to move and stretch made him gently lower Eodwyn back to her bedroll. Once again he bent and kissed her brow.

Standing, he stretched with the lazy grace of a feline. A wince rippled across his dark features at the pang emanating from his stiff shoulder.

No one yet had woken, so he made himself useful. Built up a small fire where the other had burnt out. Gathered some wood and lay it nearby in case they stayed longer.

Straying to the horses he took it upon himself to tend to them. Singing softly under his breath he did his best to clean them up with the brush nestled in his pack. After checking their hooves for rocks, he headed back into the camp to find that Nilûphil was awake and busy making breakfast.

Approaching he smiled at her and inhaled deeply the delicious scent of potatoes, bacon and sundry other breakfast foods.

"Good morning," he said, almost a cheery note lacing his voice as he knelt beside her, "This smells wonderful. Anything I can do to help?"
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2010 01:04
(OOC:: Sorry eeryone! Classes are such a pain in the bum!)

Eodwyn was lost in a sea of dreams, all of them involving Rukh. She smiled in her sleep perfectly content in Rukhs arms, no longer plagued by her nightmares.

Vaguely she felt someone kissing her forehead and whispering her name, she just snored lightly and continued sleeping. Moments later she felt Rukh moving her gently so that he could get up.

It took her a few minutes to actually comprehend that Rukh wasn't behind her anymore and groggily she opened her eyes and sat up. Eodwyn stretched and winced when her wound across her back stretched out a bit.

Looking around she spotted Niluphel and Rukh by the fire. She got up and joined the two and the delicious smell of food met her nose, her stomache gurgled.

"That smells really good!" She smiled at Niluphel and then at Rukh as she sat close next to him
Sava-Tennoio
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2010 05:14
Rúkh's eyes lit up when Eodwyn woke and approached them, her eyes still foggy with sleep, a gentle smile on her lips. When she settled next to him, he slipped his fingers down to entwine with her own, hidden between them.

A small splash of warmth and color in the chill of the early morning.

"How did you sleep?" he asked.

"Niluphel here has been hard at work making what smells to be a delicious feast."
OraedaDlynn
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 27, 2010 05:38
"How did you sleep?" he asked

Eodwyn smiled and gripped his hand gently. Yawning the sleep away from her body.

"I slept perfectly." She smiled at him.

"Niluphel here has been hard at work making what smells to be a delicious feast."

Eodwyn sniffed the air.

"Indeed it does smell delicious! My stomache is demanding that it be fed and its hunger only grows from the smell of your work Niluphel!"

All the while Eodwyn was drawing little circles in the palm of Rukhs hand. Even in the darkest days she has ever seen, she felt perfectly content.
<< First45678
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email