Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
Post Re: Questions / feedback relating to the new site? Post them here!
on: March 07, 2012 09:23
I have the same problem as Illiana. The chat settings button doesn't open either.
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: March 07, 2012 10:01
I am so confused right now, but in a good way... Not in a Facebook, what did you do *now* annoyed kind of way. THE SITE LOOKS GREAT!!! I can't believe it's been around for 10 years already. Oh my goodness.

I just have two comments off the top of my head...

1.) I hope the "theme preview" album in the gallery will never be deleted. Maybe it can be like The History of CoE album. So many memories with those images!

2.) In the forum posts on the left side of each post where it lists member info, the username and title and post count and message link text is all the same size and boldness. It kind of all blurs together! Anyway to bold the usernames and make adjustments here? Just an idea!

I'll end this post now and explore the site some more. Thank you for all your hard work!!
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: March 07, 2012 11:04
Those of you having issues with the chat bar, can you tell me what browser (and version) you are using? I need to be able to try to duplicate it.
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: March 08, 2012 12:56
I'm using Firefox 10.0.2
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2012 05:42
I'm using Google Chrome
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
pnkrockgrl
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 08, 2012 09:45
Where are the Elvish excerises? O.o
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 08, 2012 01:54
pnkrockgrl, as stated in the very first post, the staff are doing a cleanup there and the exercises will be available as soon as that's done.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
Aegor
CoE Volunteer
Send Message
on: March 08, 2012 08:16
I'm gonna spoil the party here a bit but I have to say that I really really hate this new redesign. Those huge margins, dull smilies, sterile layout with no LotR soul whatsoever...

I always thought that the old forum design, though slightly outdated, added to the overall charm, and it was comforting and relaxing.

I'll acknowledge all the hard work you've put in and it's good to see that everyone else likes it but for me this killed CoE.
gwendeth
Accounts Admin, Sindarin Mod & Head Stargazer of Varda
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 02:53
pnkrockgrl, are you looking for Sindarin or Quenya exercises? The Sindarin ones are linked to each lesson, and I am sure the Quenya ones will be done soon.

gwendeth
Sindarin Moderator
"Tolo si, a tiro i cherth Eru" "Come now, and see the works of God"
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 03:41
i'm having some trouble with getting my user account to work right
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 05:28
Anything specific, Beren?

Aegor, I'd give the new design a chance. It's a more common one than the old one, true, but I'm liking the newly added stuff, plus there may be user themes later as has been said, and all in all, I'd personally prefer a safer 'dull' CoE than a more easily hackable, oldie one.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 05:33
What sort of trouble? Like being logged in but not logged in? That's what I'm getting. Boolean limbo. Forum page says I am when I'm not. I can only log in by going to any forum. Sometimes home page is the same. I can see my PMs when not logged in. Wordpress failure page on logout.
Illiana
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 08:11
I either use Google Chrome,or Internet Explorer 9 or 8.I'm not a very computer technical person,so I'm not sure.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 02:01
still figuring things out on the system but I just have a few questions:

Are the realm news pages coming back eventually? I usually update Nessa's monthly and our news page is just a code embed we had saying "welcome to nessa" right now.

and will we be able to post polls?

thats all for now! congrats on the anniversary, and good luck with all the code updating! : )
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
belldoras
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 05:05
I don't see the reason for this column to be situated almost in the middle of the page covering a beautiful scene. I am not sure if it is a bit of a distraction but sometimes my eyes drift off this column onto the scenes at the left and right. Other than that it makes reading and replying to each news item a bit easier. By the way I made use of the testing application for links to different news/story sites, so I hope you guys have not removed this. It was a really handy tool to play around with before submitting a link or news item.

I will get use to it and will probably spot a few things that are no longer there.

Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 08:28
Quote from vanyar on March 10, 2012, 00:01
still figuring things out on the system but I just have a few questions:

Are the realm news pages coming back eventually? I usually update Nessa's monthly and our news page is just a code embed we had saying "welcome to nessa" right now.

vanyar, the majority of the realms transferred over form the old just as they were without a problem. But it seems a couple got a bit messed up. Vaire was one of them and I ended up just having to re-do the whole page using the Edit Realm link. It's a bit different than the other site but pretty easy to figure out. You could try contacting Rivka and having her take a look first though.
calenmarwen
Realm Leader of Lórien
Send Message
on: March 09, 2012 11:35
I'm having a little confusion with the avatars. Do we still have a General Pool and if so how do I access it to change my current one?
"There is more in you of good than you know ..."
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 12:17
No we don't have avatar pool any longer but you can upload your own in My Account.
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 12:53
I hope I have the Languages issues sorted out now - the Quenya exercises are linked to their lessons (readings), and I've fixed the links that were strange on the main Languages page (dictionaries, language forums). Thanks for your patience, everyone!

Mal (Quenya Moderator)
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 02:00
For some strange reason, all the friends I had on the chatbar are gone now, replaced by other members. And there is also no place for me to add friends on the chatbar. I'm using Google Chrome. Help? :S
Malinornë
FAQ Admin, Quenya Moderator & Eldameldë
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 03:41
Harthad, I quote Rivka from an earlier post in this thread:

"No more friends list on the chat bar. We don't have enough active members to make the effort worth it."
Elainiwen
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 03:51
I suggested being able to favorite gallery images and things in Last Homely House earlier, as an unique feature for this site. Any chance that it could be applied in this new platform?
Rivka
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 03:58
Quote from Elainiwen on March 10, 2012, 13:51
I suggested being able to favorite gallery images and things in Last Homely House earlier, as an unique feature for this site. Any chance that it could be applied in this new platform?

An excellent idea, and I'll see about adding it to the site as a whole later on.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 05:08
Rivka: I've still got the problems I mentioned yesterday above. Shall I PM the details for you?
Maneth
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 07:12
is there only one theme/skin? will there be more? because I ussually like darker themes, white backgrounds ends up messing up my eyes
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: March 10, 2012 07:15
Yes, Maneth, there is only one theme for now. Hopefully, if someone knows CSS, there will be more.

I'm not sure it really matters much because I like the "Show new topics since your last visit" link, but the "Topic Suscribe", to get email notification of new posts, isn't working for me. I'm on IE. Thanks!
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: March 11, 2012 11:01
I have a question!

Are our registration dates ever going to be listed on our profiles again, or did they get lost in the conversion? Or am I blind? I don't see it anywhere and I really miss it. It's not a big deal, I just like knowing my anniversary.
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 11, 2012 05:12
Great job managing this whole change, Rivka and admin team! While I can't say I'm crazy about the new looks yet, there are a lot of things I like and I'm more than willing to give it a chance, we'll all get used to it, in time. So kudos, everyone!

But I must say I do miss our special ranks and stars underneath our names... Now we're all just "council members". Some of us old members have contributed to the site through submissions for contests and Scepter races throughout the years, and we got rewarded for that. I know it might sound silly and immature but I would like to have the special rank and stars back; they're a symbol, for us, of our commitment and long-time involvement in CoE.
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Rivka
Send Message
on: March 11, 2012 10:32
No worries, I'm currently rewriting the entire forum, and everything that was on the old forum will be in the new

TLA, we're working on rewriting the members list and profile pages, so that data should be there eventually.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 11, 2012 11:47
I have a question. I am looking at Orome realm page and members and such, and was planning on going through the members list at some point. However, when searching for members, I can't find anything to do with recent visit or posts. Is this something that will come back eventually? Or was it lost with the move? Just wondering. Thanks!

Also, I cannot edit any threads within my realm. I am sure that yall are already aware of that though...
TheLadyArwen
Gallery Shirriff
Send Message
on: March 12, 2012 09:51
Quote from Rivka on March 12, 2012, 08:32
TLA, we're working on rewriting the members list and profile pages, so that data should be there eventually.

Awesome! Thank you!
Nenya_Ring
Galadriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
Send Message
on: March 12, 2012 03:04
Quote from Rivka on March 12, 2012, 08:32
No worries, I'm currently rewriting the entire forum, and everything that was on the old forum will be in the new

Double awesome! We really do appreciate the effort made, you know.
Image ImageGaladriel's Wishmaster Apprentice
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 14, 2012 07:35
I'm not sure if I should report bugs here but the and 8O icon are switched around for me. When I click on the Eek! smiley I get the Surprised smiley and vice versa. I'm using FireFox but I don't know that it's a problem with the browser.
Morwinyoniel
Gallery Admin & Realm Head of Estë
Send Message
on: March 16, 2012 06:49
A heads up for anyone who has submitted pictures into the gallery: Your submissions have got there all right, but it will take some time before I can get them up.

Please, do not submit any more new pictures yet, as there are still some glitches to fix.
Erucenindë
Head Of Oromë
Send Message
on: March 19, 2012 12:13
Is there a way to send a PM to multiple people? Or can it only be sent one person at a time? I know you could separate people with a comma in the old site, wasn't sure if it still worked that way. Thanks!
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email