Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
Post Re: Questions / feedback relating to the new site? Post them here!
on: March 19, 2012 01:53
I don't think we can. I was going to send out a newsletter to my realm members but couldn't get it to work.
Rivka
Frodo Fanatic and Head Oligarch
Send Message
on: March 19, 2012 10:00
I'll be adding that functionality eventually
"We have done the impossible, and that makes us mighty."
SeenZ
The Voice in Aragorn`s Head
Send Message
on: March 20, 2012 12:19
The chat bar seems to be working now, Rivka. Thanks!
Harthad
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 24, 2012 12:59
When I click on the 'Who's Online' button on the chatbar, the menu won't show up. It seems like it's being blocked by the background of the page. I'm using Google Chrome.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 28, 2012 05:40
I can't get the chatbar to work with google chrome either
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 05, 2012 07:19
The Elvish Name Database is really frustrating me. Instead of getting a long list of names with their elvish equivalent and a definition like before I have to click on each individual name to see the elvish version. Also the search option doesn't work very well. I try to enter in a search term and it gives me names that have nothing to do with what I typed in.
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: April 08, 2012 01:09
Maybe this has been answered somewhere and I haven't seen it. If so then i'm sorry! I saw where you said what was in the old forums will be restored eventually, but does this include posting polls in the forums? I used to do weekly poll type things called "Weird Survey" in Nessa, and it was something they really enjoyed, and we're really hoping to get that back.
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Sibynelle
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 08, 2012 08:12
I chanced my realm and now it seems that I have access to both, my new and former realms forums. I also noticed that my username is listed in both realms member list in realm pages. I already sent pm to my former realm head, but I thought I should mention this in here so you will now that there is this kind of broblem
Image Image Image
Ilandir
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 09, 2012 01:12
I have a question:

Not sure if it's part of the new site or anything, but I can't seem to be able to post comments in the News Section. All I get is "Your post is awaiting moderation" ... and somehow, it never gets moderated ... whilst other members seem to be able to do so.

Please help!

Thanks
Rivka
Send Message
on: April 10, 2012 04:57
Sorry, Ilandir -- only a few of us have access to the comments to moderate them, and I've been taking a vacation from the site for the past week or so, so they didn't get moderated. They should be showing for you now.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2012 05:18
Something I've noticed that is a little annoying is in the gallery. You can no longer just go through the pictures you have to look at one, then go back and select another one to look at. Is it possible for that to be fixed?
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 12, 2012 06:23
I agree with Beren_onehand. It's sorta frustrating. I was also wondering when the Captions Contest will be back... If its coming back at all. Thanks!!!
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Rivka
Send Message
on: April 13, 2012 01:08
Good catch, Beren. I'll add some paging in when I get a chance.

And yes, the Captions Contest will come back eventually. I have a long list of other things to fix first, though
GotPrecious
Council Member
Send Message
on: April 13, 2012 03:03
Yay! Thanks Rivka! Have fun with that list of things to fix! lol
Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 03, 2012 11:33
I noticed that some of the links on the pages have turned blue. I was wondering if there is a problem?
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 04, 2012 03:53
Can you point me to a page where you're seeing this?
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2012 04:23
Well it's pretty much all the pages like on the side where you can go to your inbox the link for that is blue and all the others near it except "Logout". On the mainpage several of the links are blue (some of them I have clicked on and I think that might be why there are blue). When I go to the language workbook page the Quenya link (which is the one that I am doing) is also Blue. Will that help any?
vanyar
Nessa’s Head Llama
Send Message
on: June 04, 2012 02:54
I saw blue links on the homepage too. "View messages" and all the links in the "welcome to CoE, here's what you can find here" bit were all blue.
Sponge Fighting Instructor, and Keeper of the Llamas for the Realm of Nessa! "Dance hard, laugh loud, and never misplace your sponge"
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: June 04, 2012 07:13
I see it too. It seems to be the orange links, once they have been clicked on they turn blue. There doesn't seem to be any affect on the green links. At least for me.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 04, 2012 10:26
I think it might be the ones I usually click on, but I'm not sure
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: June 06, 2012 03:09
A couple of problems-
1. Has anyone else had a ZoneAlarm warning when viewing the Palantir forum? It thinks it may be a phishing scam. The address is correct though.

2. Main forum page is out of date until I log on. Even then some of the 'last post' dates are wrong, so I have to go check them. Clearing browser cache has no effect.
Firefox 12

Otherwise I think the new design is much better, easier to use.
Rivka
Send Message
on: June 06, 2012 10:51
Okay, I've fixed the blue links.

Tarcolan, is it a specific thread in the Palantir causing that warning?
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 07, 2012 04:16
Thanks for fixing the blue links!
tarcolan
Send Message
on: June 08, 2012 02:24
is it a specific thread in the Palantir causing that warning?
No, just the main Palantir page. I've reported it to ZoneAlarm. I think it was just being a bit too careful. Can't imagine what it saw there, not much different from any other page.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 15, 2012 05:12
Hope this okay to mention in here, but I've seen some spam on the boards that hasn't been taken care of for several days. Are moderators needed for the boards?
~nólemë~
Fan Creations Admin & Creations Forum Moderator
Send Message
on: June 15, 2012 04:59
Starof, that happens when the mod in charge of the particular forum hasn't yet been on CoE to take care of the problem. In the past, all mods and admins had access to all forums to mod them and remove spam posts, but that isn't possible to do on the new site. Each mod can only mod their own forum. The spam post needs to wait until a person authorised to remove it shows up.
---------- Image "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." J.R.R. Tolkien - The Hobbit
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: June 20, 2012 10:26
This is kind of annoying. When I try to log in with FireFox I get a message that says 'Acess Denied This site is protected by Stop Spammer Regulations' Did I try to log in too soon after I logged out or something? I'm not a spammer lol. I managed to log in with Internet Explorer but the site doesn't work as well with IE.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: July 01, 2012 02:14
Similar to star.
The following forums produce the Wordpress Spam Plugin error 'Access Denied':

'Discuss The Books', 'Book Club', 'Sindarin Discussion', 'Green Dragon'

using Firefox 13 or IE8 on two computers from two ISPs, one AOL the other a mobile dongle.

Once logged in everything is OK. It could be a bit off-putting for guests.
LOTR_obsessed_loony
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 02, 2012 04:39
I also got the "Access Denied" spammer thing at one point when trying to view the forum main page. After going to the homepage and logging in it was fine - haven't seen it since.
Something I've noticed that is a little annoying is in the gallery. You can no longer just go through the pictures you have to look at one, then go back and select another one to look at. Is it possible for that to be fixed?

Agree with this. The previous system was a lot more convenient. Also I'm not seeing a search function in the gallery any more - do we still have one?

Speaking of search functions, the forum search does not appear to be working for me. It takes me to the results page, but doesn't show any actual results - goes right from the "Status, Subject", etc. bar to the little credits bit at the bottom of the page - you know, "Mingle Forum by cartpauj, Version x, Page loaded in x seconds".

I'm also having the smiley problem that starofdunedain was having - clicking on the "Eek!" smiley produces the "Surprised" smiley, and vice versa. (Some more smilies would be nice, too, whenever that's possible.)

I'd also like the avatar pool to be returned. I am not able to create/upload my own avatars and I'm getting a bit tired of my current one, so I'd appreciate an easy way to change it.

The column containing the forum posts is a little narrow - maybe it could be widened by a couple of inches? It just squishes up the posts and signatures a bit - while not a real problem, it's slightly irritating and claustrophobic.

Someone mentioned having local times back - I'd like this. I'm not in the USA so I find the times confusing, and it makes it hard for me to tell when posts were made.

Also, on the old forum, when you made a reply to a thread, there would be a bit below the reply box listing the last few posts in that thread. I can't remember what it was called, but I'd like that back. At the moment I keep going back and forth between the reply page and the main thread, reminding myself what I'm replying to. Looking forward to the return of post preview too.

Sorry about all the complaints. I actually don't mind the new layout, though it'll take some getting used to.
"...Though thereafter we may walk in the shadows, I will not go forth as a thief in the night." – Boromir, FotR, The Ring Goes South Image Image Image Image Image
tarcolan
Send Message
on: July 03, 2012 04:13
Like LOTR_obsessed_loony, main forum page is blocked now unless logged in. I'm in the UK. Is this a problem with the Wordpress plugin?

Edit:
Wow! When I submitted this I got a Wordpress error.
Aerena100
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 06, 2012 07:21
I noticed that the 'comics' section disappeared a while ago. Did it actually go, or is it hiding somewhere? I really enjoyed looking through them, but they aren't there anymore. Was anyone planning on bringing them back?
~ Golden eye, fiery scale, a drake of flame guards your mountain, and spells your doom ~ ~ Heirs of Durin, reclaim your throne. Send the beast to his watery tomb ~
Rivka
Send Message
on: July 07, 2012 11:44
They'll be back...eventually.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: July 10, 2012 07:28
So I'm guessing the 'Stop Spammer Regulations' thing was just because the server was moved right? Because I couldn't access anything except the homepage for about a week.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: July 10, 2012 11:51
You too eh? Are you non-US, star? Main forum page is still blocked for me until I log in.
Rivka
Send Message
on: July 11, 2012 03:44
Make sure you guys are clearing your cache...
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email