Welcome Guest 

Register

Author Topic:
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
Post Re: Questions / feedback relating to the new site? Post them here!
on: July 17, 2012 08:36
I cleared it and it's still doing it.
As long as I use the log in on the side it'll be okay. If I try to log in anywhere else it gives me the spammer message.
tarcolan
Movies Moderator and General Dogsbody
Send Message
on: July 17, 2012 10:03
I haven't had the problem for a few days now.
~Stella~
Elemmírë of Varda and Merry\'s Illustrated Supper
Send Message
on: August 13, 2012 12:24
I think we need a check box in the private messages section so that we can delete multiple messages at once. It takes forever to delete each one.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 16, 2012 05:25
I agree, not that I don't like the new messege inbox, but it would make deleting easier.
"All we have to decide, is what to do with the time that is given to us"
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 19, 2012 02:15
Click mouse 3 (the scroll wheel) on the delete button and go through them that way. Its alot faster that way lol
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 25, 2012 11:24
I noticed something. On the page for "Duals+Stems" in the quenya course, at the bottom, there are the links to the exercises and several other links that I am not sure if they should be there. I noticed this before but I forgot to mention it.
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 30, 2012 08:23
I was wondering if the Elvish Name Database could be improved? The search function doesn't work at all for me. I try to search by definition and it either takes me to a long list of names or remains there on the page. Also when I try to click on the names sometimes it will take me back to the main database page. I wish it would be easier to search for names and meanings.
Beren_Onehand
Council Member
Send Message
on: August 31, 2012 04:53
I was wondering if there is a way for me to put a pic in my sig without uploading it to the web?
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2012 05:57
Quote from Aerena100 on July 6, 2012, 17:21
I noticed that the 'comics' section disappeared a while ago. Did it actually go, or is it hiding somewhere? I really enjoyed looking through them, but they aren't there anymore. Was anyone planning on bringing them back?

When Aerena said comics, I'm assuming she meant the place where you could place comments for LOTR pics...if not, is that coming back, or is it just hidden...?

I've found the new site to be fine,a bit confusing tho...I still can't figure out how to change my profile pic with sometime from the site...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
LegolasXXXXX
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 02, 2012 06:02
Oh, about a week ago, I couldn't access CoE at all for the day...it might have been longer but I didn't try back for about 3-4 days after that...was it undergoing maintnance? I know it wasn't just my internet, because I tried it at someone else's house and still couldn't even bring up the site...
Lindarielwen, I hope that wherever you are it is incredible and filled with all the things that you love. Looking forward to our next meeting.
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: September 02, 2012 09:16
When Aerena said comics, I'm assuming she meant the place where you could place comments for LOTR pics...if not, is that coming back, or is it just hidden...?

Sorry, can't be of much help with the comics as I'm not really sure what is being referred to here but pming the admin of that area would probably be the best way to get an answer to the question.

I've found the new site to be fine,a bit confusing tho...I still can't figure out how to change my profile pic with sometime from the site...

To change your avatar- click on My Account and either add the url of your avatar from your online photo storage account (such as photobucket) or click the browse and select it from where you have it stored on your computer. There are no pre-made avatars on this site to select, so you will have to use an outside one. If you would like help in making an avatar I believe there are threads in the Creation forum for this and many members who enjoy doing graphics and would be happy to make you something.

Oh, about a week ago, I couldn't access CoE at all for the day...it might have been longer but I didn't try back for about 3-4 days after that...was it undergoing maintnance? I know it wasn't just my internet, because I tried it at someone else's house and still couldn't even bring up the site...

As with any website there are server issues or other such things from time to time but Riv is very good about getting us back up as soon as possible. I have never known CoE to be down for more than a day and normally not longer than a few hours.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 04, 2012 07:41
Um, okay, whenever i go on the members list and click to go to the next page, it just goes back to the first page. This is INCREDIBLY annoying, as i want to know how many members have signed up this year.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: September 05, 2012 02:25
When I hover my mouse over the menus on the left hand side, Film Fun, Elrond's Library, etc., their popup menus are hiding beneath whatever is to the right, be it the front page or a forum... I've deleted my temporary internet files, cookies, history, etc. Thanks, Rivka!
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 08:00
NenyaGold if you use FireFox you won't have that problem. I had to stop using Internet Explorer.
NenyaGold
Legend of Lothlórien & Head Chocolate Thingywidget of Yavanna
Send Message
on: September 07, 2012 03:28
Thanks star, but it's always worked ok before, and now, for some unknown reason, it's working ok again. No idea why...
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 08, 2012 01:12
Use Google Chrome. Its AWESOME lol!
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 20, 2012 09:26
You know what would be really cool? If there was an RSS feed for your PM box, and also an RSS subscribe button for any of the topics, so as to be notified whenever there is a new post. But that's probably just wishful thinking lol!
Dolwen
Store Admin & Head Weaver of Vairë
Send Message
on: September 20, 2012 09:44
You can get those things in your e-mail already but I doubt it for the pm box. Also, if you click show new topics...at the top of the page you can see all the threads that have been posted in since your last visit which can be very useful.
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: September 22, 2012 07:13
Yeah, i was just thinking especially if i was using a desktop RSS feed viewer. That way i could see all the updates without even going on the site or checking me email lol
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 08, 2012 03:33
A bit late Leo but if you hit RSS-Feed you can pick a prog to receive notifications, presumably your RSS app. I don't use one myself.
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 08, 2012 03:45
I know your 'to do' list is bigger than the whole site, but would it be a good idea to get rid of the forum search bar while it doesn't work? It can be a bit misleading. I know how difficult it is to write a useful search algorithm, or get a suitable one of the shelf, so ignore this if you want Rivka,
Larien Arnatuile
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2012 11:22
What do you people mean new site? are you meaning a different site to this one or is it this site updated?

Panic will freeze your brain
There's a lot of truth in fiction. Be you- everybody else is taken
Leoflic_Nightleaf
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 25, 2012 08:49
This site was updated back in May.
Larien Arnatuile
Council Member
Send Message
on: October 26, 2012 02:20
Oh alright, just asking. the fanfiction is glitching also...

Panic will freeze your brain
There's a lot of truth in fiction. Be you- everybody else is taken
tarcolan
Send Message
on: October 28, 2012 03:58
Patience Larien, lots of things are a bit flakey after the changes but we don't mind, do we? It's a thankless task being a lone coder. Thank you Rivka.

"Fear is the little death, the mind killer."- from Dune by Frank Herbert
starofdunedain
Council Member
Send Message
on: January 14, 2013 05:50
I'm sure you're still working on things but it would be nice if the English to Quenya dictionary was working. Only the first page is available.
~Fëanor_Curufinwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 01:40
I have a question that may or may not be stupid... how do I change my signature?
Clicking the "my account" "edit your profile" or any other link involving my profile doesn't bring me to the right page. And clicking "forum options" takes me to a page with the basic site template, but it only says "forum" and other than that, it's blank. And yes, I let it load, refreshed the page, and my browser history/cache/cookies/stuff is all clear.

So... is this a glitch, or am I just missing something? O_o
LinweSingollo
Movies & Casting Mod, Resident Hobbit & Frodo's Footstool
Send Message
on: March 12, 2013 01:48
Yes, it's a glitch. Lots of people are having trouble with changing their signature. The staff is aware of the problem, so hang in there.
"To the Hobbits. May they outlast the Sarumans and see spring again in the trees." J.R.R. Tolkien
~Fëanor_Curufinwë~
Council Member
Send Message
on: March 17, 2013 12:47
So they're trying to fixing it? Phew... I don't want to be stuck with this horribly made graphic in my sig forever.
Arthonor
Council Member
Send Message
In the Realm section. The link to test yourself quiz, does not work.
Don't know if this is the place to post it.
Peace can not be kept by force, it can only be achieved by understanding.
tarcolan
Send Message
Well done Arthonor, I think you've found a new problem. There are a few glitches which will be sorted out eventually so hang in there. Nice one!
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Any idea when the members list will get working again? How about a new poll on the homepage? I love being a member of the fabulous Council of Elrond!!!
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
tarcolan
Send Message
Let's just say it's not at the top of the list so... don't hold your breath, L.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
Oh, no, I am turning blue...turning blue...turning bl...
My destiny is riding again, rolling in the rain, unwinding in the wind. My destiny is fighting again, secretly unwinding..what it was I was supposed to say...to say to you today.
Lindarielwen
Council Member
Send Message
I think the "are you sure" screen that comes up before a private message is deleted is a good idea. How about an "are you sure" screen that comes up before a message is sent? More than once, I wished I didn't hit "send."
Members Online
Print Friendly, PDF & Email